Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

New Turnabout case, needs helpTopic%20Title

An Ace Attorney becoming an Ace Player

Defense Team : :phoenix: , :apollo: , :maya: (assistant)
Prosecution team : :edgeworth: , :godot: (because Godot is awesome) , :karma:
Judge : :udgey:
Defendant : A 24 year old male, a close family friend of Phoenix's, is very shy and only responds to close friends and family, also likes clocks, fireworks, first person shooters, and a celebrity. Celebrity is Angel Starr (I don't really know why I choose her). Do to his shyness he speaks in short sentences and with simple "yes" or "no".
Witnesses : Defendant, Angel Starr, Gumshoe, and Jake Marshall.
Victims : Mother and Father of the Defendant.
Cause of death: both deaths were caused by 3 shots to the chest.
Evidence : Autopsy report, Empty gun cartridge, Desert eagle (because why not/found later during trail after Gumshoe does more investigating).
Tell me what you think, please let me know if you have a suggestion. I know I need more evidence that's were you guys come in.
If you have an :objection: to anything please let me know.

Last edited by Ace Player on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: New Turnabout case, needs helpTopic%20Title

Sorry,but what exactly is the case? You really never specified whether you were talking about comic,a fangame or what...
Signature loading, please wait...

Last edited by Cesar Zero on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Most likely an online multiplayer case, I need help with the rest of the evidence. I will most likely put it in full motion when I get a computer that can run .exe files. But until then I need help from other members with the making of the evidence and the other witnesses. Other than the defendant, :eh?: , :jake: , and :lunches: , and possibly :mike-salute:
Please reply if you have an Idea.

Troll, may I cross your bridge?

I enjoy the fact that you plan to make an online PW case. There aren't nearly as many as I'd like. Once you're done, I wouldn't mind doing a run-through to check for bugs and such. Or playing it just for fun.

However, there are a few logical inconsistencies in the information you've given me.

Ace Player wrote:
Defense Team : :phoenix: , :apollo: , :maya: (assistant)
Prosecution team : :edgeworth: , :godot: (because Godot is awesome) , :karma:

First of all, it is very unlikely that this group of lawyers will be in the same courtroom at the same time, especially because
Spoiler: GK1 & GK3
both Godot and von Karma are in prison under charge of murder. If anything, Blackquill in game five(?) is the exception to the rule.
. Basically, Apollo has never met those two in court before, because of that weird seven year thing. Personally, though, I haven't played any of the games past three. There might be something wrong with my point. However, my stance remains that it would not be very logical to have all of those people at once on the same trial. The prosecution temporarily rests its case.
On another note, I have yet to see a defense/prosecution team in PW with three people. Maybe there actually is one and I'm just being dumb.

Now, at this point I'm being more nitpicky, and picking out clichés rather than logical flaws, but I have seen a lot of fanfiction with an original character who was in some way related (not just by blood) to the original protagonist. If it's not executed correctly, it won't look good. Maybe he personally knows someone he's defended?
Actually, if you really want to make it interesting(and harder to write), maybe your defendant can be the relative of one of the murderers that was put behind bars by Phoenix.

However, the murder of the parents is very common. To go back on previous ideas, maybe he 'murdered' someone that Phoenix defended in the past. If you use the idea of being related to a murderer, maybe the defendant is charged for the murder of one of the people who provided crucial testimony against the murderer in court. Or something.

As for evidence, I don't have many ideas, but I like tiny contradictions that are hard to find (just make sure there possible to find out on your own. I've played several trials on PW Online where this was not the case). Maybe a different type of bullet was used for each murder. Maybe, to spice things up, a bloodied knife is found near one of the gunshot victims, but the blood is from the victim and not the killer. Maybe something as innocuous as a leaf becomes crucial evidence. To put it in the words of Mia Fey (kind of), don't think normal. Think crazy.

Well, I guess that’s my $.02. Now, back to working on my PW Online case that I will proceed to procrastinate on and never finish.

This is one case I'd like for you to help me on. this is my first case I've ever made. Also This is just for fun and some of the lore doesn't really matter. Maybe the real murderer killed Will Powers or another minor character. Anyways I still want Godot on the prosecution team because he is my favorite prosecutor, but I could replace Von Karma with Kalvier.

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

There's been plenty of "Godot comes back from jail to prosecute" cases in the AA fanwork world, so as long as it's within reason, bringing back Godot could be justified to some extent. It would still be admittedly weird for a convicted felon to be at the stand again, but you could say that the terms allowed him to get a lighter sentence and such. If you wanted a dual prosecutor, you could say Klavier or someone was assigned to a team, to keep an eye on him.

Caaaaaaaan't exactly do much about Manfred though, since he's heavily implied to have been executed by JFA. Unless you want to set this trial in an alternate universe or decide to bring in some wonky space-time hijinks.

I'd also consider making a few outlines of both the "truth" of the case as well as the trial procedures. For example, write a quick draft of the crime as it occurred, what evidence it left behind, and what witnesses wound up seeing, and then a second draft of how the trial proceeds and unravels it all.

E.g.
- The crime took place in a two-room apartment with one door. The killer, victim, and defendant are in one room, while the witness is in another.
- The killer drugs the victim and defendant and kills the victim, them begins playing loud music and making noises, so the witness thinks that they're busy partying in the other room. They then use the music player to play sounds of a struggle, making it sound like the murder occurred after it already did. The killer sneaks out the window, then returns just after the witness discovers the crime.

- Witness testifies about the party, says that he left the room, the Defendant and Victim kept partying, until he heard sounds of a struggle and found the victim dead and defendant out cold. He says that the killer wasn't there until after that.
- Phoenix presents autopsy, proving time of death is inconsistent.
- Witness insists they heard something, so Phoenix presents the boombox, and explains it was used to fool him.
- Prosecution asks who could have done this. Indict killer.
- Witness says they didn't show up until after the murder, how could they have done this
- Present window, proving that killer could have snuck in, done the crime, and snuck out.

Something like that. Now, this was a 2-second scenario I just threw together in my head, but it should give an idea of how your trial will flow. This will also help you catch logical inconsistencies, like, "why did the killer even bother returning if they were never suspected in the first place?" This'll also give you something to show other people so they can proofread, critique, and edit.

Good luck.

Everything is good and all I just didn't want contradictions. I am going to make this a case once I get a computer that run .exe files. as for the contradiction I wanted whoever was going to participate come up the contradictions so It would be more of a surprise for the player and as well as myself. That's why when it comes full circle I'll be :udgey: during the online multiplayer case P.S. I also know who actually committed the crime, more evidence will come soon, as well as witnesses, please reply if you have an Idea

NEW EVIDENCE HAS BEEN FOUND!!!
The new evidence includes a pair of broken glasses, a screwdriver, a phone, and glass shards.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Evidence