Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Red and Blue (Phoenix/Miles FRIENDSHIP/Awkward relationship)Topic%20Title

The few, the proud, the female trumpets!

Well, I wrote this a while ago, posted it on the old CR, it flopped miserably (I blame bad timing) and I thought I'd post it here. It's a series of oneshots based around the relationship between Phoenix and Miles. Mostly missing scenes. I've only written two as of yet (got rather distracted) but it's summer and I may write some more. Also, there is NO way any of this happened in game-verse. Just my take on 'what might have happened if...'. So for your enjoyment, Red and Blue.

Phoenix could have sworn that he heard footsteps late that night.

It was right after a long, difficult case. He had been under scrutiny ever since he stepped foot in the courtroom, and it was only after a long fight had he gotten his ‘not guilty’ verdict.

He thought he heard his front door creak open and shut quietly, and soft footsteps down the hall, but he was already dazed and half-asleep on his couch. He paid the footsteps no mind at all.

That is, until he woke up the next morning in his bed.

“I… fell asleep on the couch. How did I end up here?” he muttered softly, rubbing his eyes.

He pulled on a pair of jeans and a green sweater, seeing as he had no trials to attend to that day and the office was closed anyway, and padded down the hall to his living room.

What he saw startled him.

“Good morning, Wright,” came a voice.

“Why are you here?”

The man the voice belonged to hadn’t even turned around. He seemed focused on the previous day’s paper.

“That’s no way to greet your old friend.”

“Answer me!”

“I came home for a while.”

“You know that’s not true. Why are you here?”

Finally, a reaction.

The man turned around to face Phoenix. “I wanted to see an old friend. Might I say, you looked troubled in your sleep last night.”

Phoenix sighed. “I don’t understand.”

“What?”

“Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth Chooses Death?! What was that all about? Why are you sitting here, in front of me?! Why… why did you leave?” Phoenix was slowly breaking down, a combination of the previous day’s stress and the fact that he had just woken up and hadn’t quite come to his senses yet.

“I…”

“Why did you leave us? Why didn’t you tell the truth?”
“Because…”

“I had decided, Edgeworth… you were dead! You were dead ever since I found out about the note!”

“Wright. Calm down.”

“How do you expect me to calm down? Do you know what you did to me? What you did to the entire city? Do you know how hard it was for me to hear someone mention you, and then shake their head in disappointment? How hard it was to see your business card you gave me, and know that the number was disconnected?”

Edgeworth just watched him, letting him rant.

“And all this time you’ve been alive?! What was that all about, huh? Trying to put all the pressure on me?”

Phoenix quieted, and slowly sank to his seat.

“I’m sorry,” Edgeworth said softly. “I didn’t realize what would happen when I left. I just wanted a breath of fresh air; I just wanted to learn about being a prosecutor.”

“But you’re the Demon Prosecutor! Until that case with Mia, you never lost!”

“But why did I never lose? Why?! It was because of that stupid forged evidence that I didn’t even know about! I’d do anything for my ‘guilty’, and that meant… anything. And then that whole business with von Karma, I thought I was going to die, Wright! I really did, and then you found out what happened and saved my sorry ass! I just couldn’t focus on the fact that I was free, that I was going to be okay, and then I panicked and left!”

Phoenix watched as he began to pace. “I know I put you through a lot, and I’m sorry.”

“Are you planning on coming back to court?”

“Not for this case. Franziska will handle that… but you will probably run into me again...”

“Edgeworth… are you going to run off again?”

“I don’t know, Wright…”

“I just don’t know…”
Re: Red and Blue (Phoenix/Miles FRIENDSHIP/Awkward relationship)Topic%20Title

Nice job. It was very well written and kept Miles and Nick in character. It was short, but serious and emotional.

Lana+Ema=LOVE

Great job on the fic!
Re: Red and Blue (Phoenix/Miles FRIENDSHIP/Awkward relationsTopic%20Title

GIGGIDY.

I love it =] Keep up teh good work!
*thumbs up*

The few, the proud, the female trumpets!

Wow, this is more reviews than I got on my last stories put together! Thank you very much!
PhantomPhoenix: You think so? I always have trouble keeping Miles in character. He's hard to write, at least for me.

This is the next of the oneshots. The first one is called Red and Blue, this one is called Tearful Goodbye (because I was in a bad mood when I wrote it). It's shorter, and I hope it's a little bit more 'panicked' than the first one. Oh, and SEVERE SPOILERS for Case 2-4.

Tearful Goodbye

“No…”

The silent whisper came from across the courtroom, where Phoenix was standing, his elbows against the table and his face hidden.

“Why?” he said just as quietly.

“Ms. Andrews, I just have one question… about that card you’re holding?”

“Yes?”

“May I see it?”

She handed the card to Edgeworth.

“You kept this secret from me?! Why?!”

“Is this a bad thing?”

“Yes!”

A small moan came from the defendant’s bench.

Edgeworth muttered, “I have to make some phone calls,” and stormed out of the courtroom.

When Phoenix finally exited the courtroom, Edgeworth was standing in his way.

“Not now, Edgeworth…” he muttered.

“Wright, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing, Edgeworth… Just move… I need to contact Gumshoe…”

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Phoenix looked panicked. “I… have to go!”

He pushed past Edgeworth and ran down the hall. Edgeworth waited for him to get a few yards away, then gave chase.

“Where is she?!” he heard Phoenix scream.

There was a reply, but it was too full of static to understand.
“One more day, please! Just give me one more day! …Yes, I’ll get it tomorrow for sure! …Let me hear her! Let me make sure she’s okay!”

*beep*

Phoenix came rushing back by, stopped only by Edgeworth’s arm being held out in front of him.

“Wright? What’s going on? What do you have to get by tomorrow?”

Phoenix gave a small smile, though his eyes were red and it looked like he had been crying.

“It’s… nothing. Nothing you can help with.”

“Try me.”

“No… I can’t, or they’ll…”

He tried to rush past again, but Edgeworth stopped him.

“They’ll what? Who is it? What are they doing?”

Phoenix finally relented. In a small voice, he said, “Edgeworth… they have Maya… De Killer has Maya, and unless I get the not guilty for Matt Engarde by tomorrow, he’s going to kill her!”

“Wright… I’ll get a team together, understood?! We’ll find her before he can kill her!”

Phoenix shook his head. “Edgeworth, I can’t… I can’t do it, I can’t risk her dying because I told someone that she was gone!”

“Wright, the only other option is to live a lie. Engarde murdered Corrida. You can’t continue to live with yourself.”

“Why would you say such a thing?! Engarde would not murder anyone!”

“You refuse to see what is right under your nose! If you think about it, nothing else makes sense!”

Phoenix shook his head.

“If you’ll excuse me, Wright, but I have something to look into, and a search-and-rescue team to put together.”

He brushed past Phoenix without another word.
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony