Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 3 of 5[ 177 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 03/28/09) KlavierxEmaTopic%20Title

Edgeworth Loves Mirrors <3

I've really enjoyed reading this story! I love the Klavier/Ema pairing, and Corvin is such a great OC! =)

♥Klavier and Ema fan forever ♥

OOOoOOOO gratz on third page :D keep up the good work! x3 :keiko:
Million thanks for making this epic siggy, Vickinator! and another million thanks to Nadini for making that awesome avatar

Couples I support? well...
♥Klavier and Ema♥

I am the Objector.

You... update abnormally fast for a fanfic writer. Which is very very good.

I'd expect Ema to be a lot more pissed at Klavier for disbarring Phoenix. Phoenix saved Lana and herself- If someone saved me and some other random German disbarred him, I'd be hell pissed. But that's all. Nice update/chapter!!
Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried to close a revolving door.
"Suspense msuic plays" Oh crap, SAVESAVESAVE! Oh wait, that's my phone. And the caller ID is... MOM!?
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

purplepjs

You are totally luring me to ship Klavier/Ema.

Please write more soon!
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 04/02/09) Klavier/EmaTopic%20Title

High Functioning Sociopath

moon_pie! wrote:
OOOoOOOO gratz on third page :D keep up the good work! x3 :keiko:

Ha ha! Thanks I really wish I would've put the whole story on my first post, so you guys wouldn't have to scroll through everything to find my updates...It seems, however that everyone is finding them okay!

The Objector wrote:
You... update abnormally fast for a fanfic writer. Which is very very good.

I'd expect Ema to be a lot more pissed at Klavier for disbarring Phoenix. Phoenix saved Lana and herself- If someone saved me and some other random German disbarred him, I'd be hell pissed. But that's all. Nice update/chapter!!

Yeah, you're right about Ema, she would be alot angrier, and I might go back in and edit that at a later time (!! Watch for it !!)

kitsune13 wrote:

Please write more soon!

:snap: :yummy: Yay! Who do you usually ship??

May Grey wrote:
I've really enjoyed reading this story! I love the Klavier/Ema pairing, and Corvin is such a great OC! =)

:sassy: Thank you very much! I'm glad you are enjoying Corvin!

GDM wrote:
I really like how you tied in your OC (Corvin) with the canon Gavineers band. I can totally picture him up on stage with them! :rock'n:
I like how you included Daryan, too. He always did seem like the "eccentric" one. :pencileraser:
Ema doesn't seem to like Klavier too much now :larry:
But I know that will probably change :will:

:sassy: :rock'n: Oh it will change! Originally Corvin was going to be their drummer or bassist whenever they toured in Europe, since Daryan was "the American" contact, but I couldn't resist, and he will play an intregal part in the chapter after this one!

Okay, I forgot to translate something in my last chapter, so go read that!

This chapter is...very dark....It explains alot of Corvin's past...
Not beta read, so if anything seems out of place or doesn't jive well, let me know....PLEASE!!!
Oh the asterisks at the end of the story represent a website that you can go to, to reference the type of gun I am writing about!

Spoiler: I am not responsible for any nightmares: Read with caution
January 25th, 2023
Versailles, France

Ema's spring semester started with snow flurries and a missed bus. She hated doing it, but she woke Corvin and he gave her a ride to her class. A car was never on the list of things to buy, so she never got the hang of driving on the opposite side of the road. Plus, the Paris-Versailles metro system was good enough for Ema to get around on.

She was only ten minutes late to her class and she took the only seat available. The professor was late as well. The woman sitting next to her glanced over at Ema, but turned away fast. Ema caught her action out of the corner of her eye as she was getting her notebook and pens out of her messenger bag, but didn't think anything of it. She was used to being the odd American.

“Hello, my name is Nikita.” The woman spoke with a thick accent that wasn't French as she held her hand out to Ema.

“Oh, hi.” Ema blinked and shook the woman's hand. “I'm....Ema...”

And that's when Ema noticed them. Nikita's clear green eyes. The same shape and the same pained look that Corvin's held. The hairs on her neck stood on end. She went back to digging in her messenger bag.

“Um, you're not from France, are you?” Ema tried to keep her voice steady.

“No, and you aren't either,” Nikita's smile lit up her whole face, just like Corvin's would. Ema drew in a sharp breath.

“Ah, no, heh, I ah...I am from America.” She stammered.

“Well, I figured that out already.” Nikita paused and regarded Ema carefully. “Is everything alright? You seem sort of...um...what is word....being nervous.”

“I'm fine...it's just that...” Ema paused. “You look very similar to someone I know.”

“Well, I hope this person has pretty face.” Nikita chuckled. Ema smiled back.

“Yes they definitely have a pretty face!”

Ema and Nikita spent the hour and half in class working together and getting to know each other. When they stepped out of class, the snow had stopped falling and there was a light breeze. They were talking about the class and how they were going out on 'the field' to investigate and process a set-up murder scene. Ema was excited about the 'field-trip' as she was hoping to really buckle down and get her grades up this semester. They had been slipping because of lack of sleep from her nightmares, which had been coming more frequently, and the situation with Corvin. Miles had sent another letter, but she hadn't opened it, yet.

“Who's the new friend, babe?” Ema had been so involved in her conversation with Nikita, that she had walked passed Corvin. He was smoking a clove and leaning against his car. She turned and walked up to him and hugged him. Corvin gave Nikita an uncomfortable glance.

“What are you doing here? My classes aren't over till three!” Ema grinned up at him as they parted.

“Well, I was hoping to have lunch with you, but it looks like you already have a date.” Corvin nodded at Nikita.

“Oh, I'm sorry, guys, how rude of me.” Ema introduced them as her phone went off. “Oh, Lana! Excuse me guys.” Ema walked around the next car and as soon as she was out of sight, the atmosphere between Corvin and Nikita changed.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Corvin asked the raven haired beauty in whispered Russian.

“It seems that you've gone soft and fallen in love.” Nikita answered haughtily.

“I've been keeping my personal life and my 'business' life separated.”

“Well, that is soon going to be tested my brother.” She held Corvin's piercing glare. “You received your assignment, I presume?”

“Yes, that is an easy target, de Killer sent me his card and a whole file on the guy.” He took a deep drag of his clove.

Nikita crossed her arms. “What about your 'other' assignment?' Are you sure you can pull the trigger when you have your girlfriends best friend in the cross-hairs?”

“Why do you have to be such a bi-”

“I can't believe it!” Ema interrupted as she came back around the car. “Lana and Miles are coming here in a week!”

Corvin took the last drag of his clove and threw it into the snow. “Oh really? That's exciting for you.” He shot Nikita a sharp look that Ema missed.

“Oh, Lana is your...sister....right?” Nikita put on her innocent face again.

“Yes,” Ema smiled. “I'm so excited! Oh, we should all go out to dinner sometime when they are here...er...if you want? I've just met you and I'm inviting you places!”

“Oh, it is quite alright.” Nikita gestured at Ema. “I feel very comfortable around you. I think we are all going to get along famously!”

Corvin raised an eyebrow and mumbled, “Oh yes, famously.”

“What?” Ema looked up at him.

“Nothing, listen I should get going.” He put an arm around Ema and kissed the top of her head. “Are we still going to have dinner with Sola tonight?”

“I was hoping so. Where are you going in such a hurry?” Corvin was at his drivers door as Ema spoke.

“Something...has come up...I'll see you tonight.” He got in the car and pulled away.

“Well, that was odd.” Ema stated as her and Nikita continued to their next classes. “But I'm glad you got to meet Corvin.”

“Da, so am I.” Nikita answered as she turned and looked in the direction that Corvin left. “So am I.”

“Why the hell is SHE here in Paris?” Corvin yelled into his cell. He was weaving dangerously in and out of traffic to get to his destination.

“I thought I could trust you?” The heavily accented voice on the other side asked.

“You CAN trust me!” Corvin exclaimed. “I don't need her getting in my way.”

“She's there to make sure you get the job done.” The voice stated, flatly.

“Have I failed you yet?”

“No,” The voice paused. “However, threatening people is not effective business.”

“Threatening?” Corvin slowed as he approached an intersection.

“Yes, what you did in St. Petersburg was unacceptable,” The voice was starting to get irritated.

“St. Peters-” Corvins eyes widened as realization hit him. “How do you know about that?”

“I know all your moves, Corvin. I am watching you closer than you think.” Corvin drew in a sharp breath as he looked around at the intersection. “Now that I have your attention...”

“I don't need to be watched.” Corvin interrupted.

“You said you weren't motivated by revenge...”

“Threatening Edgeworth was not revenge.” Corvin adjusted his rear view mirror. “I am motivated by my duty.”

“Duty?” The voice was amused. “I find it ironic that you can kill your own sister in cold blood, but you can't kill the one person who is the most dangerous to you right now.”

Corvin winced. His sister. He hadn't realized that Nadja was his sister until just then. When Corvin was given the target, he questioned the innocent face of the dancer. He hadn't seen his sister since they were twelve, so he didn't recognize the face. What did she know? What did she do? Now all the pieces fell into place. She was the last in the line of people that knew about their families dirty past...

“Corvin? Corvin?” He hunched himself further into his hiding spot. But his mother was smart, and always found him. The tiny curtain under the sink parted and his mothers beautiful face gazed upon him. “Oh honey, you're getting creative in your hiding spots.” She said in her thick Old Russian accent. That voice always seemed to soothe him, but not this time. He was scared out of his wits, even more now when he saw the bruise forming on his mothers pretty face. He tried to stop the tear that escaped, however, it only unlocked the floodgates.

“Momma...” He attempted between sobs.

“Oh, my baby...” She reached in and pulled him into her arms. “He won't hurt us anymore.”

“How is he doing?” Corvin's uncle, Konstantin, came up behind them. He was a tall, burly version of his brother, Corvin's father. He had the black hair and clear eyes that were passed on through all generations. Corvin looked up to both men, since all he had were two older twin sisters. He heard his mother mumble something as Konstantin answered, “Nikita and Nadja are safe in their rooms.”

He was three when the bruises started forming on his mothers face and he never understood; until that day, when he turned five, he realized that his father had hit her. Well, at least that's what everyone told him.

The tension between Corvins mother and father subsided after Konstatin moved in with them. He brought with him a lot of stories of their family history, which involved crazy prophets, dogs, ballerinas, and underground mob connections in some lounge in Los Angeles, of all places. These connections extended themselves to Russia and to Konstantin somehow, which led to guns being in the house. Corvin walked in on his uncle cleaning one of the guns and he was instantly fascinated. So, Konstatin took it upon himself to teach the curious boy gun safety and how to shoot. The first gun Corvin took in his hand was a **Para-Ordnance P18.9**. Lightweight and deadly, the steel was cool and sleek in his hand, like it belonged there. The boy was a natural and Konstantin was proud, but Corvin's father was not.

Over the next several years, Corvin spent most of his time with Konstantin on the shooting range or researching guns, or with his own studies. Corvin even taught his sisters to defend themselves. When he turned twelve, Corvin came home from school and found his mother splayed on the kitchen floor, lying in a pool of blood. He panicked and ran over to her, cradling her head gently in his hands.

“Cc-Corvin...” She sputtered. “Sisters...help...they need...your ffff....” She started choking and Corvin couldn't understand anything else that she said. Then silence. A stuffy, sickening silence that consumed Corvin. He was about to let out his rage, when, from the back of the house came a scream from one of his sisters. He squeezed his eyes shut and took a deep breath.

He remembered searching for his gun.

He remembered slinking down the hall to his sisters room.

He remembered seeing his father in their room.

He remembered pulling the trigger.

He remembered how the darkness consumed him.

PS: I DO NOT have anything against Edgeworth, but as I was writing this, I tried to negotiate with "The Voice"; he's scary and had to include what i did in this part.
PPS: Go read "Last Light" by a fine fanfic author 'L~A'!! You will not be dissappointed...I promise!
PPPS: Ema carries a smaller version of this gun! http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Hitman go here and scroll down...its the first gun...Oh yeah and Timothy O is hawt!

"In a world of locked doors, the man with the key is King, and honey, you should see me in a crown!" ~Moriarty~
All my fan-fiction in one complete package!

~Vervollkommnung~

O_O
wow........I really don't know what to say. other than,
Spoiler: basically game 3; mostly 3-5
"Oh no, another evil twin!" ( :delilah-hair: <----- :ayame: )

Again, I do have to compliment you on you OCs. They are by far the most well developed I have seen, and have the most plausible relationship to canon characters. Everything is so intertwined; just like an AA case!

This is SUCH a good fanfic. Klavier/Ema rules!
Can't wait for another update!!!!
"So when you run out of paint, you Americans use gravy as a substitute. I see."- :no-no:
"Welcome back to reality! We've been waiting for you."- :kyouya-pull:

♥Klavier and Ema fan forever ♥

Quote:
He remembered searching for his gun.

He remembered slinking down the hall to his sisters room.

He remembered seeing his father in their room.

He remembered pulling the trigger.

He remembered how the darkness consumed him.

O.O O.O O.O O.O
Million thanks for making this epic siggy, Vickinator! and another million thanks to Nadini for making that awesome avatar

Couples I support? well...
♥Klavier and Ema♥

I am the Objector.

That was.. wow... You probably should have drawn out the scene where Corvin was grieving for his mother a bit more, add more tension, sadness, and drama before killing his father (or I presume he killed his father, he could have missed and hit one of his sisters, I dunno yet).

This is just like MONSTER, a manga my dad had and I ahppened to read- it's about a doctor who saves a German child, and that child is manipulated by the govenrment and changed to become a sociopath trying to kill people. He killed his father, and it was during a party- all the guest were killed, and when officials came that night to take one of the German children (there was a girl and a boy, twins) the mother threw away the boy to the government. Yeah... anyhow... great chapter... It seemed a bit rushed, but it was a fine piece of writing.

And also, does that kidnapping scene you wrote up in the very beginning (right when this thread started) have anything to do with the story as it stands right now?
Whoever said nothing was impossible obviously never tried to close a revolving door.
"Suspense msuic plays" Oh crap, SAVESAVESAVE! Oh wait, that's my phone. And the caller ID is... MOM!?
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

purplepjs

Pearls1975 wrote:
kitsune13 wrote:

Please write more soon!

Nick/Maya and Mia/Diego...... and now Klavier/Ema. Your work here is done :jazzedgy:

More soon plz! I'm hooked on this story and your writing is sensational.

kitsune13 wrote:
Pearls1975 wrote:
kitsune13 wrote:

Please write more soon!

Nick/Maya and Mia/Diego...... and now Klavier/Ema. Your work here is done :jazzedgy:

More soon plz! I'm hooked on this story and your writing is sensational.

:pearl-blush: :pearly:

Thank you Kitsune13 for your kind words! They are very encouraging! I'm really glad you are enjoying my story!

The Objector wrote:
That was.. wow... You probably should have drawn out the scene where Corvin was grieving for his mother a bit more, add more tension, sadness, and drama before killing his father (or I presume he killed his father, he could have missed and hit one of his sisters, I dunno yet).

This is just like MONSTER, a manga my dad had and I ahppened to read- it's about a doctor who saves a German child, and that child is manipulated by the govenrment and changed to become a sociopath trying to kill people. He killed his father, and it was during a party- all the guest were killed, and when officials came that night to take one of the German children (there was a girl and a boy, twins) the mother threw away the boy to the government. Yeah... anyhow... great chapter... It seemed a bit rushed, but it was a fine piece of writing.

And also, does that kidnapping scene you wrote up in the very beginning (right when this thread started) have anything to do with the story as it stands right now?

Thank you for your critisisms, and honesty with my story! You are absolutley correct about the tension (read end notes on that! lol). Oh and yes, it has everything to do with the story as it stands! :ema-shock:

So, as you can see, it has been a while since I've updated, and I apologize. I wanted let everyone that is following my story that I am working on it; however I did have to step away, because it was starting to consume me! :larry: I have started on it again and, funny and weird thing, I have half of the next chapter, and half of the chapter after that done... :knock-knock: I guess I'm excited to get the story out! LOL I'm hoping to have an update up on Sunday or Monday.
When this story is finished, I will probably go back through and do some edits (I've been editing as I go, and as I have metioned in several posts, I don't have a beta-reader, so everyone's input, positive and negative is very useful!) and post this story in all its fine glory in a separate post. But that is in the future! Once again, thanks to everyone who is following for your patience!

:pearl:
"In a world of locked doors, the man with the key is King, and honey, you should see me in a crown!" ~Moriarty~
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 04/12/09) Klavier/EmaTopic%20Title

Alright, kids, here it is...the next part.

As I have said before, this is not beta-read, and there is some swearing, and maybe some innapropriate situations...maybe a 13+ rating on this chapter...

Oh and we have Snakoos... :snackood: :yummy:

Spoiler: saving space
February 9th, 2023
France

Ema adjusted her wool pea coat as she stepped onto the bus that was taking them to the recreated crime scene in Paris. Nikita was ahead of her, snacking noisily on something that Ema had never seen before. Corvin's words echoed in her head, as she felt her gun in its holster under her coat.

“I think you should take your gun, just in case.” He had said. She had taken all the necessary classes and had the gun licensed and registered. Corvin even commented on her skills as a marksman on the shooting range.

“I just don't feel comfortable carrying it with me.” She protested. “It's frightening that I can take a life with this piece of metal.” She had it holstered in her hands as Corvin laid a hand on it and touched her cheek with the other.

“I love you Ema, and I can't always be there to protect you. Thats why I gave this to you.” She gazed at him with eyebrows raised. In the whole time they had been together, that was the second time he had told her he loved her. He had said it once a few months ago as he fell asleep in her arms. He showed her many times with flowers and small gifts and gestures. She had figured out, after a year of living with him that he hid his emotions well, and rarely opened up about anything to do with himself or his past. She was fine with that, considering his past; she knew when he was ready to tell her, he would. However, to actually hear him say 'I love you', took her breath away.

“You...love me?” Ema said, slowly, letting the reality of the words sink in.

Corvin shuffled his feet nervously and glanced around.

“I...” He started as he took the gun out of Ema's hand and set it on the table next to the couch. He sat down on the couch and Ema followed. “I have to admit something to you, Ema.” He took a deep breath.

“Ok,” The young girl said slowly. He held his hands tightly around hers, and she noticed that they were cold.

“Six years ago, when Sola told me you were coming to live with us, I was excited.”

“Oh my,” Ema put a hand to her forehead as she thought about how fast the time had flown. “Has it really been six years?” She paused. “You were excited?”

“Heh, yeah,” Corvin's smile lit up his face. “Whenever you and Lana would visit, before and after your parents died,” He paused and took her hand. Ema hadn't thought of her parents in a while. Lana had been such a good mother figure for her, but she was still saddened at the thought of her parents... “It was the highlight of my summers, even though I never saw you that often. You and Lana were always such genuine people. And Sola as well...It was such a relief coming to live with her, not having to worry about trivial things, like where my next meal was gonna be, or making the wrong decisions...” Corvin looked away from Ema's confused gaze.

“Wh-what are you talking about, those aren't trivial things...?” She tilted her head so she could look at his face, but he wouldn't meet her eyes, those honest, blue eyes that held so much innocence, yet had witnessed such terrible things in her lifetime. Oh, how he longed to confess everything to those eyes, but he knew he would lose everything forever. So, he focused on telling her about his days spent jumping around foster homes. He had touched lightly on it before, while they were in bed, or walking together somewhere, but he always turned the focus away from him, and onto her.

“Ema? Ema?” The voice pulled Ema out of her daydream as she blinked and felt something hit her head.

“Ow!!” She rubbed her head.

“Sit down!” Nikita grabbed her wrist and pulled Ema into the seat next to her. “You are holding up progress of the class, da?”

“I … uh, sorry.” Ema said meekly.

“Daydreaming of Corvin again?” Nikita's laugh reminded Ema of little Christmas bells. “Well I would too, if my boyfriend was that hot.”

Ema blushed as Nikita went back to chomping on her snacks.

“What the heck did you bean me with anyway?” Ema asked pointing to the bag and holding her head.

“Snakoos!!” Nikita's smile lit up her face, just like Corvin's did. It was amazing to Ema that they weren't related. However, a notion came to Ema as Nikita held the bag of Snakoos to her. It could be possible for the two to be related; separated at birth and each one taken to a different foster home. Ema regarded Nikita carefully as she took one of the treats from the bag. Their eyes were the same shape and held the same clear determination, and yet there was a pain hidden behind that determination that Ema couldn't place.

“Wow,” Ema exclaimed as she munched. Her notion was lost in her own loud crunching. “These are delicious!” She popped another in her mouth. “Where can I get some?”

Nikita laughed at her. “I can give you name and number of friend in Japan who turned me onto them.”

They bantered back and forth about Nikita's time in Japan and other countries, not mentioning anything about foster homes or her parents. Ema's notion about relations came back to her as the bus came to a halt in front of an old brick building. It reminded Ema of the warehouses that sat along Silicone Valley back in California. She stood up with the rest of the class and ducked her head to look out of the bus windows. She found that they were surrounded by buildings of a similar nature and there were large unmarked trucks everywhere. She felt like she had stepped onto the set of her favorite sci-fi movie “Space Samurai” as she stepped of the bus and looked around. Ema pulled her coat closer to her and shivered as she felt the gun against her side. A small breeze whipped her hair into her face. She knew this was just a fake crime scene, but she couldn't help but feel that something wasn't right.

“Are you alright, Ema?” Nikita had a hand on her shoulder and Ema started at the contact. “You are a jumpy person. You need to relax, maya druga**, it is just a setup crime scene, not real.”

“Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't sleep well last night.” Ema lied as they walked around the bus to where their classmates had gathered at the entrance to an alleyway. They squeezed themselves to the front of the small crowd and saw that the scene was blocked off with yellow crime scene tape. Down toward the end of the alley was what looked like a body, splayed in an unnatural position. The professor had two policemen and a detective on either side. Ema listened carefully as he explained that in the different alleyways, there were similar scenes and that they were to pair off and take a scene. The detective re-emphasized all of his “rules and regulations” he had discussed with the class yesterday. Everyone paired off, and the detective and policemen handed each of them an official kit and a camera. The professor handed out evaluation and checklist sheets to the pairs and told them they had an hour to analyze their own scene and then another hour to evaluate each others scenes. Ema and Nikita were elated and ran off to find 'their' scene. Ten minutes and several indecisive moments later they finally agreed on a dark alcove that was part of the entrance to one of the buildings. They took pictures and preformed all the prerequisites before breaking the crime scene tape, which gave Ema goosebumps.

Twenty minutes into their examination of the crime scene, Ema discovered a trail of blood droplets and cursed herself for not noticing them before. She grabbed the camera and some markers and told Nikita she was going to follow the trail. Ema was so excited to follow the trail, that she didn't realize that it was leading her into the alley next to the building they were examining, and it was completely off-limits because it was dark and unsafe. It was the darkness that signaled Ema she was in unfamiliar territory. Then the sporadic breathing. It sounded like someone struggling for air. It definitely wasn't hers, although, she had started to panic and her breathing wasn't steady. Ema looked around at the wooden crates and broken glass and other broken objects that seemed to surround her. The blood trail had disappeared into one of the dark nooks that the crates made. She knelt down and dug in her pocket for the tiny mag light that she carried with her, and as she was about to shine the light, a hand came out of the nook and grabbed hers and at the same time another hand covered her mouth. She was face to face with a man with brown hair, scars on the left side of his face and a gunshot wound in his shoulder that was bleeding profusely. In her panicked state, Ema recognized the face, but couldn't put a name to it.

“Be quiet, bitch...” He went into a coughing fit. “Or you'll get us both killed.” The fit passed and he looked up at the tops of either building. Satisfied that there was no one there, he took his hand off of her mouth and placed it around her throat. She squeaked and started clawing at his hand. He chuckled at her and loosened his grip. The man crawled out from where he was and stood up and brought Ema with him keeping his hand on her mouth the whole time.

“Now I have a bargaining chip with my new assassin. How fun!” He started to spin her around, when he felt the gun under her coat. She struggled against him as he started to reach inside her coat. He quickly contained her arms behind her and a white hot pain shot up her arm into her shoulder as she screamed into his hand. He dug in her pockets to maybe find something to hold her. He found a couple of large plastic binding ties.

“Are you gonna be a good girl and cooperate with Mr. Engarde?” His breath was hot against her ear as the realization of who was holding her hit her like a ton of bricks. He wrapped the ties around her wrists and more pain shot through her arms. Tears were forming at the corners of her eyes. Where was Nikita? Why hadn't she come to see where she was? “Good, I would hate to waste a beautiful body such as yours for protection.” His cheek was next to hers as his hand went down her side and then up her abdomen and across her breast, then found the gun. She squeezed her eyes closed as the salty tears ran down her cheeks. Then she felt it. The cold metal pressed against her head. Was this what the nightmare was predicting? It was all too familiar and what happened in the next few seconds was a blur.

She heard a gunshot, but it was too far away to be the one next to her head. Her eyes flew open as she heard Matt swearing under his breath. She looked up and saw a dark figure with a gun. Another gunshot, and suddenly Matt was thrown backwards and Ema forwards. She fell on her shoulder and heard Matt and her gun falling behind her. She rolled over and saw the figure standing, looking down on her. Those eyes... Footsteps and her name being called, but what caught Ema's attention was something falling to the ground next to her. The Raven was the last thing she saw before she fainted.

Nikita rounded the corner just as Matt was falling and Ema was landing on her shoulder. She looked up and saw the dark figure. She knew Corvin wasn't a coward. She knew he would follow through on this assignment. What she didn't plan on was the assignment taking place here. The cruel irony of it all was having Ema in the middle of everything. Nikita had learned to not care about anyone or anything. Their uncle had taught them to keep their emotions out of everything they did. In fact, their uncle controlled a lot of things in their lives. Nikita knew Corvin was breaking apart on the inside; she wondered what her own breaking point was.

:gun:

**loosely translated as my friend in Russian. :blondie:

~Vervollkommnung~

:ron-jazz: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!! :ron-jazz:

I'm seriously going to go into shock or something from all the suspense. This is SUCH a great fanfic and the characters are so real.

And I know that it will be even better when Klavier gets involved! :rock'n:
"So when you run out of paint, you Americans use gravy as a substitute. I see."- :no-no:

purplepjs

Wow. I really love the flow of this story, and the dialogue is really natural. What makes it even more suspenseful is that we know somewhere, somehow things are going to go horribly bad with Ema & Corvin...

You're very talented. Can't wait for the next instalment!

I am the Objector.

Sorry if I offended you with my statement earlier... I'm just really blunt like that... which is why all my teachers hate me...
Anyhow, nice writing, though. Love it.
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

The Objector wrote:
Sorry if I offended you with my statement earlier... I'm just really blunt like that... which is why all my teachers hate me...
Anyhow, nice writing, though. Love it.

No, please, you didn't offend me at all!! It's nice to have honest feedback on my story!

kitsune13 wrote:
Wow. I really love the flow of this story, and the dialogue is really natural. What makes it even more suspenseful is that we know somewhere, somehow things are going to go horribly bad with Ema & Corvin...

You're very talented. Can't wait for the next instalment!

Speaking of honest feedback- :pearl-blush: :pearl-blush: :pearl-blush: You're very kind! Thank you for your positive words!

GDM wrote:
:ron-jazz: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!! :ron-jazz:

I'm seriously going to go into shock or something from all the suspense. This is SUCH a great fanfic and the characters are so real.

And I know that it will be even better when Klavier gets involved! :rock'n:

:ema-shock: Please don't go into shock! I'm glad you are enjoying the tension as much as I am writing it!! It does get better when Klavier gets involved!

The next part should be up tomarrow!

Thanks everyone for your kind and encouraging words!
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 04/15/09) Klavier/EmaTopic%20Title

Read with caution: 13+ for mild swearing, and images...

Spoiler: saving space,trees and snakoos!
Corvin held it together long enough to visit Ema in the hospital later that evening. He really had wanted to avoid seeing familiar faces; Lana was sleeping on a chair in the corner, and Miles had a laptop on his lap and paperwork on the floor next to him. He looked up and swept his silver bangs out of his eyes when Corvin softly knocked on the door frame. A dark look swept briefly over Miles features as Corvin looked away from him to Ema sleeping peacefully on the sterile hospital bed.

“I don't want to interrupt. I can-” Corvin started as he glanced over at Lana's sleeping figure.

“No, you should be here.” Miles stated flatly as he gathered his paperwork and laptop.

“Um, how is she doing?” Corvin found a pen on the side table and picked it up and flipped it nervously with his fingers.

“The doctor says she can leave tomorrow. Her shoulder was out of place and she's pretty bruised up.” Miles had walked up beside Corvin, and was looking back at Ema who was now restless. “She's been sleeping pretty restlessly even though shes sedated.”

Corvin took a deep breath. “I don't know if I can be here...” Flashes of Ema's terrified face in the cross hairs of his scope flooded his memory.

Miles grabbed his arm and Corvin gave him a look of surprise.

“You are staying whether you like it or not.” Miles's steely gray eyes were full of anger. “Why weren't you here earlier?”

“I-I had obligations at the -”

“Don't bullshit me Corvin.” Miles pointed at the bed where Ema was sleeping. “You're girlfriend is in the hospital and you're gonna tell me that you didn't drop everything to be here?”

“I did, Miles.” Corvin looked Miles squarely in the eye. “Unfortunately the French government frowns upon people just walking out of their jobs.”

“I know about you Corvin, and I will expose who you really are!” With that Miles walked out of the room.

Corvin squeezed his eyes shut and clenched his fists to calm his anger. His eyes flew open at the sound of Ema's moaning. He watched her fidget, then settle again. Lana also turned in her sleep. Corvin slowly walked over to the bed, when something under the chair that Miles had been sitting in, caught his eye. He knelt and leaned close to the chair. His eyes widened as big as saucers when he saw his mugshot on the piece of paper. He snatched it as he heard Ema moaning again, and shoved it in his pocket. Corvin stood up and saw her shaking her head back and forth. Then she suddenly sat up, his name on her lips. He put a shaky hand on her good shoulder and she gave him an empty look.

“Ema,” He said softly. “You're in the hospital. You are safe.”

“I-I...Hospital...” Her voice cracked and she hissed as she tried to embrace him, the realization of her shoulder held her back. Tears formed in her eyes and he took her in his arms. She sobbed into his shoulder. “Corvin, please tell me you were no where near our crime scenes today. Please tell me that I'm just going crazy and my dreams aren't real.”

The words stung Corvin and he tensed. “No, baby, I was no where near there today.”

“Thank you.” She choked out. They held each other until a nurse came in and told them visiting hours were over.

Corvin had driven for several hours before he realized he was in a part of France he wasn't familiar with. He also realized that he had no clue how he had gotten there; he remembered getting in his car at the hospital and trying to get a hold of Nikita, but after that, everything was fuzzy. He pulled off of the two lane road he had chosen and onto a dark country road. He stopped and killed the engine. Rain pelted his face as he stepped out of the car and let out all of his rage and sadness and confusion in one long scream. Lungs burning, and teary eyed, he fell to his knees in the mud and held his head in his hands. Images of Ema in the cross hairs of his gun flashed before his eyes again along with his mothers begging expression and his sister's scared faces, all alternating in some sort of surreal sideshow in his brain.

“Corvin!?” Was that his mother? No, she was dead. The voice was achingly familiar.

“Corvin, what are you doing here?” Corvin lifted his head and looked up into the sympathetic eyes of his older sister.

“How did you find me?” He asked flatly.

“The GPS on your phone is linked to mine.” She had an umbrella in one hand that she held over both of them, and her other reached out to touch her little brother.

“Don't you dare touch me!” He growled. “I'm tired of you and Konstantin. You and your constant control over everything. And Konstantin, always watching us. Why? To cover up my foolish mistake of protecting you and Nadja from our father? I'm tired of killing, I'm tired of hiding, I'm tired of living a lie.” He buried his head in his hands.

A sudden realization came over Nikita as she gasped. 'Corvin thinks he killed our father,' She thought. 'When it was Konstantin who pulled the trigger...Konstantin was the one who was in the bedroom that night, not father...' She shivered and realized that Konstantin had somehow brainwashed his own kin. Nikita questioned her own sanity as she hesitantly held out her hand to touch Corvin's back. He flinched, but didn't brush her off. She knelt beside him and spoke softly into his ear.

“Corvin, Corvin listen to me,” Her phone interrupted her train of thought as she dug into her pocket to answer it.

“Nikita, where are you? Your signal is weak. You must get back to Paris.” Konstantin's voice was soothing, but Nikita started to protest as she stood up.

“No, I must do something, there is trouble-”

“Nikita, listen to me carefully,” His voice was firmer now and Nikita suddenly drew a blank as to where she was. “Nikita, you must get back to Paris. You must find Corvin, and you must have him call me.”

“Corvin is right here.” Nikita handed the phone to Corvin who stood up.

“Konstantin, I'm tired of the crap-” Corvin started, but the soothing voice stopped him.

“Corvin, listen to me carefully, you must go back to Paris and you must fulfill your last assignment. Miles Edgeworth knows too much. You must also be weary of your friends, Klavier Gavin and Daryan Crescend. If they pose too much of a threat, kill them as well.”

“Yes sir.” Corvin responded. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that everything was wrong and that he should throw the phone. But there was a numbing comfort in the voice on the other line, and it seemed easier to go along with whatever his uncle said.

“Good, boy. Everybody will soon know that you were the one that pulled that trigger on your father, not I. Everyone will soon know that your father was the one in the bedroom that night with your sisters not I. No one is left that knows the truth, except you and Nikita, and I need you two alive to do my dirty work for me. Which ever one of you that snaps first and kills the other, will have their hands clean and minds free of guilt. Do you understand, Corvin?” Corvin gave a noise of understanding and handed the phone over to his sister. Konstantin repeated his orders to Nikita, giving her a time and place for all of this to take place. She snapped the phone shut and they took off back towards Paris.

:bite:

~Vervollkommnung~

O_o
Oh......my. What was interesting. Great chapter, but the story line is kind a confusing.

I think that I'm following, though. ^_~

Can't wait for another update!!!!!!

purplepjs

You can't get ANYTHING past Edgeworth! :edgeworth:

Awesome stuff. Hope to read the next chappy soon! Also can't wait for Klavier to come into the story more! (although I totally get that he's not necessary right now).

I am the Objector.

Whoooo! New chapter! And Edgeworth's not gay!

And guys, guess what! This is the 99th post! One more to 100!!!!....
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

The Objector wrote:
Whoooo! New chapter! And Edgeworth's not gay!

And guys, guess what! This is the 99th post! One more to 100!!!!....

You seriously crack me up! :moe-laugh: I can't believe 100 posts!! Thanks everyone!!

kitsune13 wrote:
You can't get ANYTHING past Edgeworth! :edgeworth:

Awesome stuff. Hope to read the next chappy soon! Also can't wait for Klavier to come into the story more! (although I totally get that he's not necessary right now).

Yay! Thank you!! :think: I know Edgy's so clever!

GDM wrote:
O_o
Oh......my. What was interesting. Great chapter, but the story line is kind a confusing.

I think that I'm following, though. ^_~

Can't wait for another update!!!!!!

Sorry bout the confusion! Glad you're still following tho!!

Spoiler: Cliffhanger warning
March 23rd, 2023
St. Petersburg, Russia

Klavier nervously paced the hallway in front of the dressing rooms, going over the timing and lyrics to the new song in his head. It was a song that Corvin wrote for Ema and Klavier wanted it perfect. Perfect for whom? He thought. Ema or Corvin? He tried to deny his feelings for Ema, but it never worked. She was strong willed, intelligent, and downright...sexy.

That's when he heard the giggle come from his dressing room. His brow furrowed as he walked over to the door. Another giggle, and as Klavier was about to open the door, he heard the click of the lock and a soft thump on the door. He leaned closer to the door, knowing he shouldn't have been listening like that, however, it was his dressing room.

“Man, what the hell are you doing?” Klavier was so intent on the happenings in his room that he didn't hear Daryan walk up beside him.

“I … uh...” He was interrupted by another thump, this time harder, against the door. They gave the door a wide-eyed look as another giggle came from the room.

“Oh, my friend Klavier,” Daryan pointed and laughed at his band mate as his hair bounced with each chuckle. “Corvin's got his woman in there, doesn't he?”

“My god, Daryan, your hair is out-of-control,” Klavier sighed and shook his head, trying not to think about Corvin and Ema's romp.

Daryan flashed him a devious smile. “Don't change the subject. I know you have the hots for his woman. Who wouldn't? She's hot!”

“Daryan, shut it!” Klavier said through clenched teeth, his ocean-blue eyes flashing angrily.

“Whoa, man.” The other put his hands out in a stop motion. “Cool it! Didn't realize I hit such a sore subject!”

“Well, you should know, ja.” Klavier growled and started pacing. “I hate that I know what and who he is, and we can't do a damned thing about it!”

“I might have some information that will help.” The band mates turned on their heels to see Miles and Lana walking towards them.

“Miles, it's good to see you again.” Klavier held out his hand to them as Lana eyed Daryans hair.

“Daryan Crescend, ma'am.” Daryan flashed a wicked grin when he noticed Lana eying his hair. He held his hand out to her.

“Lana Skye,” She said slowly, shaking his hand. “Nice to meet you.”

Klavier chuckled as he introduced everybody. He could never predict peoples reactions to Daryan, and he hoped that never changed.

“Where is Ema?” Lana asked as she looked around. “I thought she was going to be here?”

“Yeah, she's here...” Klavier paused and jutted his thumb towards his dressing room. “She's talking with Corvin...”

“Oh my gosh, Lana!!” Ema interrupted Klavier with a squeal as she ran to her older sister and embraced her. “I'm so glad you could make it!”

“Oh, Ema, you know I wouldn't miss The Gavineers singing to you.” Lana chuckled as she realized how silly it sounded.

“Well, they have new reason to sing to me.” Ema beamed as she let go of Lana and held out her hand. “Corvin's asked me to marry him!”

Lana put a hand to her chest as the others looked on in surprise. She slowly took Ema's hand in hers.

“I'm sorry I didn't ask your permission, Lana.” Corvin stated as he walked up behind them. “I couldn't wait. Certain circumstances...in other countries have forced me to ask your sister sooner than I had planned.”

“I...ahhh, erm...” Lana couldn't figure out if she was speechless from Corvin actually wanting to ask permission or the other 'certain circumstances'. “Thank you for thinking about asking.”

“Wow, congrats, man!” Daryan broke the tension and clapped Corvin on the back.

“I've got to go...” Klavier started to walk off when Miles grabbed his arm and said to him in a low voice, “I need to speak to you, give me one second.”

Ema watched as Miles followed Klavier after he had said his congrats. Her brow furrowed as she realized Klavier hadn't said anything. She went back to talking animatedly with Lana and Daryan and she felt Corvin shift at her side. She peered at him out of the corner of her eye and found him staring, no glaring at some distant point. She followed the look and saw a flash of pale skin and black hair. She thought nothing of it and resumed chatting with her sister. Over the loudspeaker, the speaker announced ten minutes before the Gavineers go on. Corvin turned Ema, and cupped her chin.

“I love you.” He said simply and gave her the most passionate kiss she had ever experienced. He smiled at her after they parted and he walked away with Daryan. She watched him, breathless.

In the meantime, Miles found Klavier leaning with his forearms against the wall and his forehead resting against them. A glance at the wall, told Miles that Klavier had kicked it a couple of times. Miles had figured out a while ago that Klavier had feelings for Ema. Miles himself had felt something for Ema, but quickly dismissed them after spending time with Lana.

“Klavier,” Miles said softly as to not startle the other. “I'm sorry about Ema, but we have to do something, now, before she finds out on her own and does something that everyone will regret.”

“It kills me Miles,” Klavier said as he stood up straight and let out a puff of air.
“I'm in love with my best friends girlfriend, and my best friend is an assassin. Do we not see the irony in all of this?” He started pacing. “And on top of it all, she's blinded by her own feelings for the guy, ja.”

“Klavier, I'm as frustrated as you are. But I think I've found out who is behind his madness....” A movement at the end of the hall caught both of their eyes as they turned to catch a glimpse of pale skin and raven hair. The loudspeaker came on and Klavier gave Miles a knowing look.

“I'll follow whatever that was.” Miles took off as Daryan and Corvin came around the corner.

“Where the hell is he going?” Daryan jerked his thumb in Miles direction as Corvin watched Miles disappear into a fire exit.

Klavier glanced at Corvin, then winked at Daryan. “Rabid fan. And a lead.”

“Oh...” Daryan's eyebrows shot up as they started walking towards the stage. “Is it safe to go on?”

“Yeah, everything will be fine.”

Miles followed the raven hair up the fire stairs, but lost it in the lighting and equipment rafters. He swore as he leaned forward as far as he could with out falling off, and spotted what looked like a woman crawling on one of the rafters. Miles clenched his jaw as he heard the crowd chanting for the Gavineers. He had a good view of the stage below him and the first 30 rows back. He watched as the woman carefully and stealthily made her way across the rafters and up into the lighting. Miles dismissed her as a rabid fan and called security on his cell as he made his way back to the audience.

The first half of the concert went without a hitch and when Klavier sang Corvins song, Ema cried. She still hadn't forgiven Klavier for what he had done to Phoenix, and for accusing Corvin of being a murderer, but she had to be civil to him, considering he was in Paris at least twice or three times a year for a concert. But seeing him perform on stage gave her butterflies and she dismissed them as nervousness from the proposal.

As the maintenance crew and roadies were getting the stage ready for the second half, Corvin went to investigate the raven-haired person that Miles had chased into the rafters. He found her laying on her belly and a weapon in her hand pointed down into the audience. She got one shot off before he could reach her. His world froze as he watched Miles Edgeworth fall into the person behind him. Screams could be heard and Corvin saw Ema squinting up at him. He grabbed the raven haired girl by her collar and pulled her to her feet.

“What the hell do you think you're doing, Nikita?” He growled at her.

“What does it look like I'm doing, little brother?” She struggled to get out of the iron grip that Corvin had on her wrists. “I'm finishing what you started.”

“Listen to me Nikita,” He grabbed her by the shoulders and she blinked at him.”You need to stop! You have to stop listening to Konstantin. He is going to be the death of us, if we're not careful! Do you understand me? He has us brainwashed!”

Nikita stared at Corvin blankly. For just one second, he thought that maybe he had gotten through to her. Her clear green eyes had a look of sadness that reflected in his eyes. He saw her fist coming at his face and blocked it as her other hand with the gun in it came up and connected with the side of his head, causing him to lose his balance. He grabbed at Nikita and she stepped back, just out of reach. He teetered over the side and caught the rafter. He tried to pull himself up, but she rested her boot on his head.

“Ack, Nikita,” He yelled. “What are...”

“You killed our father, YOU were the one who pulled the trigger, YOU tore our family apart.” Nikita interrupted him as her voice cracked. Tears were forming at the corners of her eyes.

“What, No! Nikita no! Konstantin has us brainwashed! He's the one that killed our family!” He saw the look again. “Nikita, listen to me carefully, Konstantin is the one that pulled the trigger, not me!”

She sniffed and closed her eyes. For a moment, all her childhood memories of her father and mother rushed back to her. Then her sisters face flashed before her and anger washed over her again.

“You killed Nadja!! I hate you, Corvin, I hate you!” Nikita took all her rage and focused it on pushing Corvin off the rafter.

The last thing Corvin saw before he hit the ground was Ema's terrified face.

"Be that word our sign in parting, bird or fiend!" I shrieked, upstarting —
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! — quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"
Quoth the raven "Nevermore."

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted — nevermore!

Last two verses of 'The Raven' by Edgar Allen Poe

Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 04/18/09) Klavier/EmaTopic%20Title

~Vervollkommnung~

:sob: *sob* poor.........*sob* CORRRRRRVVVVVVIIIIIINNNNN!!!!!! :nixiesob:
OMG POOOOOOOORRRRR EEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMAAAAAA!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*contains self*

Okay then, now for the review:

When you said "cliffhanger", you weren't kidding!

I feel kinda bad for Nikita. She's just trying to do what she's told.
Although I do think that killing your brother is going too far...............
AND POOR EMA!!! She gets proposed to and then her fiancé is killed/serously wounded right in front of her eyes!!
and I thought I was going to go into shock before......

:scratch: must..........read........next........CHAPTER!!!!!!!!

jk^^ I'm not there yet. :pearl:

purplepjs

Oh!! Edge of my seat!! I love this story. More soon or I might explode.

kitsune13 wrote:
Oh!! Edge of my seat!! I love this story. More soon or I might explode.

Oh my please don't explode! LOL :agia-shock:

GDM wrote:
:sob: *sob* poor.........*sob* CORRRRRRVVVVVVIIIIIINNNNN!!!!!! :nixiesob:
OMG POOOOOOOORRRRR EEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMAAAAAA!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*contains self*

Okay then, now for the review:

When you said "cliffhanger", you weren't kidding!

I feel kinda bad for Nikita. She's just trying to do what she's told.
Although I do think that killing your brother is going too far...............
AND POOR EMA!!! She gets proposed to and then her fiancé is killed/serously wounded right in front of her eyes!!
and I thought I was going to go into shock before......

:scratch: must..........read........next........CHAPTER!!!!!!!!

jk^^ I'm not there yet. :pearl:

Well, speaking of the next chapter.... :think-think-think: :larry: :onamida:

Yeah, BAM! Writers block....I'm hoping that posting this will help; my trend has been, that when writers block comes on, I post an update on progress, and my writers block has cleared. Let's hope that trend continues, because I hate leaving everyone hanging like this. (I have everything laid out in my head to the end, itsjust getting the next part started and getting into that point)

Thanks again for your patience!

Fancy a cuppa?

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!
Ema + klav equal awsome couple!

CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER FOR NEXT BIT!

ya see, i just found this when searching for ema klav romance, and I CANNOT STOP READING!
i've been so busy reading this i havn't even played any more of jfa! (admittedly it is my third time playing it.)

I'e resisted commenting before now, but seriously, JOE DARKE!!!!

the work of a genius, you may have a newest fan!
^Click for link!
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 05/02/09) Klavier/EmaTopic%20Title

Okay, here it is at last. I'm not to incredibly happy with this chapter, but it's a tie in for the rest of the story. Also, I kinda took some liberties with the plot of the game, as you'll see. Remeber kids, this isn't Beta-read and any and all critisms are welcome!

Spoiler: for GS4
January 16th, 2026
Los Angeles, California

Ema sighed deeply and leaned her forehead against the cold window of the taxi that was taking her to Borscht Bowl. She had been living in Los Angeles for a month in an apartment that Lana set her up with. Lana stayed with Ema until an hour ago, when Ema saw her off at the airport. She missed her sister already and wondered how she was going to survive without anyone close to talk to, or lean on. She also missed Paris; forgetting how glitzy and plastic Los Angeles was, she missed the beautiful spring days that would lead into warm summer nights staying up late chatting with Corvin... She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to hold the tears back to no avail. Ema didn't think it was possible for one human to cry so much. Of course, she never thought that love would hurt so deeply. She wiped the tears away as she thought about the last couple years in Paris.

Corvin was lucky and came away from the fall with only a few broken bones and a coma. Ema tried to bury herself in her studies and part-time job to keep her mind off of Corvin. It was hard seeing him laying oh so still on the bed, machines beeping, tubes sending various medications and sustenance to keep his brain and body alive. Ema could only imagine what was going on inside his mind, if anything. She moved back in with Sola so they could console each other. However, Ema wasn't as strong as Sola. Having lost her parents at a young age and having lost her sister to a cold scandal, she took her grief and anger out on anyone and anything that would take it from her.

“Hey, lady!” The cab driver interrupted her thoughts. “That's $15.60 for the ride.”
Ema rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh as she got out of the cab and gave the driver a twenty and told him to keep the change. 'What a rip off.' She thought as she turned to gaze at the jumble of cheap white Christmas lights and a purple neon sign that screamed the name of the lounge. Ema shivered and wondered what exactly brought Phoenix to this dump.

The cold hit her like a Mac truck as she opened the door. Ema's eye's widened in shock as she looked around at the small piles of snow and gaudy furnishings. A tall stocky gentle man with dark hair was talking in perfect Russian to a small blond girl who was dressed in fur and held a tray in her hand. She was timid and she looked like she was afraid of the overbearing man. Ema's memory of what little Russian Corvin taught her came rushing back to her. She caught snippets of what sounded like the man barking orders to the girl to keep the poker star well stocked with Grape Juice. His voice was soothing, yet it had a frightening edge to it that Ema couldn't place. She also noticed that the timid girl kept glancing in her direction.

“Oh!” The older gentleman barked as he turned towards Ema. The hairs on the back of her neck rose as the clear blue eyes of the gentleman seemed to pierce her soul...clear...blue...eyes...same shape as Corvin's...

“I am so sorry!” His loud voice, thick with a Russian accent, brought Ema out of her reverie. “Olga and I discuss business, and business walks in! Please, come sit, we make Borscht for you! Olga!”

“Ah, no thank you,” Ema pulled her peacoat closer to herself. Did she refill her pepper spray? “I am looking for Phoenix Wright?”

“Oh, ho hoho!! This be classic!” He ran a hand through his short black hair. “A woman wishes to challenge our famous Phoe-”

“Oh, ha, no,” Ema chuckled nervously. “I am an old friend of his. I was told I could find him here on Tuesday evenings.”

The old man blinked at the young brunette, stunned at being interrupted. Olga, who was standing nearby and hanging on all their words, shrunk more into herself, as if waiting for something really bad to happen.

“Hmph!” The dark-haired man grunted loudly as he played with the lapels on his cheap gray wool suit. “You can wait here, maya devochka*. Phoenix Wright will be done with his hand-”

“Now.” A voice startled all of them, as Ema whipped her head in Phoenix's direction, or what looked like Phoenix. “I am done now, Konstantin. I can take care of her.”

'Konstantin,' Ema thought to herself as the older gentle man mumbled something to Phoenix. 'Where have I heard that name before...' She shook her head and gazed at the figure that stood a few feet in front of her. She could tell by the voice and the large dark blue eyes that it was Phoenix Wright. But the ratty sweatshirt and jeans and bright blue beanie did everything to hide whatever court room charisma that Phoenix ever had.

“Ah, well, you two sit, chat, bring up good old days, da?”

“Yes, thank you Konstantin, we will be fine,” Phoenix said shortly, as he sat on the piano bench and gestured Ema to sit in the chair nearby.

“You need vodka and Borscht, I'll make...”

“We are fine.” Phoenix gave the older man a terse look, when another voice came from their right.

“Actually, I'll have a vodka rocks,” Ema's eyes went wide as she looked up at a tall, clean-cut version of Klavier. She racked her brain as to where she had seen this man before. “Make it three, this is going to be an interesting conversation. Ema, it's nice to see you again.” Kristoph extended his hand to her as he sat in the chair he brought to close in their circle. Konstantin grumbled and left the room with Olga in tow.

“I-I...yes it's nice to see you again...” Ema stuttered, shaking his hand. “I'm sorry, I recognize your face, but I can't remember your name.”

“Heh, I imagine you would recognize him if he was all glitzed up and in purple.” Phoenix chuckled and adjusted his beanie. Ema frowned in concentration.

“Kristoph Gavin.” He stated simply.

“Oh my!” Ema gasped. “Yes, I remember now! I met you at Sola's New Years Eve party. Wow, that seems so long ago.” She adjusted her peacoat.

“Oh, so you two have met.” Phoenix paused as Konstantin returned with their drinks and three bowls of Borscht.

“Nastrovya!**” The dark haired man exclaimed as he raised his glass.

“Prost!**”

“Cheers,” Phoenix and Ema clinked their glasses with everyone and Ema closed her eyes briefly. She thought coming to the states would help her forget Corvin. So far, it wasn't working. The clear liquid went down smooth and warmed her tummy.

“Ema it's good to see you again, but I'm sorry you had to return to this,” Phoenix gestured at himself.

“I...Miles had told me what happened, and I'm sorry Phoenix.” She saw Phoenix flinch when she mentioned the prosecutors name.

“Speaking of Miles Edgeworth,” Kristoph ran his finger around the rim of his glass. Phoenix ducked his head. “I hear he was involved in a shooting a couple years ago, but That's all I heard about it. How is he doing?”

“Ah...er...he's doing alright. He's healed nicely and my sister takes good care of him.” Ema shifted in her seat as Konstantin came in and refilled their glasses.

“And how is the boy, Corvin Mourir, I heard he had a nasty fall. “ Kristoph slowly took a drink of his vodka as he peered over his glass at Ema's reaction. She had tensed, and her brow furrowed. “I also heard that you two were in a relationship. It must've been tough when you found out he was pushed by the BlackBird killer.” Konstatin had taken his time leaving the room when he heard Kristoph mention Corvin's name.

“Kristoph!” Phoenix cried, pounding his fist against the table. They looked at him, incredulously. “Why are you torturing the poor girl with those questions? I'm sure Ema doesn't need the third degree on that subject.”

“Hhmm...”Kristoph adjusted his glasses and crossed his arms. “I don't mean to torture anyone. I'm just curious about the Ema Skye that my little brother developed a crush on while he was in Europe, and now that I have her here, I want to know as much about her-”

“Klavier and I have nothing to do with each other!” Ema interrupted as she stood up. “You and Klavier only think of yourselves. You don't think about anyone else's feelings but your own, do you Kristoph? You are as unfeeling as that glimmerous fop that stole Phoenix's badge! I can't be here any more, it was good to see you again Phoenix.” Almost running Konstantin over, she ran out of the room before she started crying. Phoenix ran after her.

“Wait, Ema!” He caught up with her across the street, as he grabbed her arm. Being the stubborn person that she was, she yanked her arm out of Phoenix's grasp, but he caught it again and whipped her around to face him. The action threw her off balance, but Phoenix caught her before she fell on her bad shoulder. She looked up at him through teary eyes and collapsed against him, her body heaving with sobs. Unsure of himself, Phoenix wrapped his arms around the young woman and made comforting noises and rubbed her back. When she contained herself, she leaned back and wiped her eyes.

“I'm sorry Phoenix,” She apologized, her voice husky from crying. “I shouldn't have yelled at him like that. But he was being so...mean.”

“Heh, Kristoph has a marvelous way of not being subtle.” Phoenix remarked, sarcastically as he brushed stray hairs from Ema's face. “He seemed to be a little more biting than he usually is. And I'm not sure why...” His voice faded as he looked back at the lounge thoughtfully.

“I should go, Phoenix.” Ema sniffled and hugged him again. “I'm sorry for this and thank you! We need to get together. I feel like I've been away for sooo long that I hardly know anyone here in the states anymore.”

“If you like Ema, I live nearby you can stay with me tonight, we can get caught up.” He said when they separated again.

“I...ah...” Ema blinked at him. “Oh, I couldn't do that. I'll just grab a cab and...”

“No, I insist,” Phoenix gave her a brusque look. “Besides, you look exhausted and you probably don't want to be alone tonight. Wait here, I'll grab my stuff and tell Konstantin that I'm leaving for the evening.”

Ema sighed and watched Phoenix as he trotted across the street and disappeared into the club.

In the meantime, Konstantin had excused himself and made a phone call.

“Nikita, listen to me very carefully.” He said in quiet Russian. “Now that Corvin has awaken from his coma, I need you to get him out of that hospital as soon as you can.”

“Yes sir,” Nikita answered calmly.

“Ema is here in the states and I know she knows where Miles Edgeworth is hiding. Corvin is the only one that can get that information from her to me. This needs to be done quickly and quietly Nikita. Do you understand?”

“Yes sir, I understand perfectly.” She said then hung up the phone. Nikita then turned to her brother, who was sleeping restlessly on the hospital bed. She knelt close so she was close to his ear and repeated Konstantin's words to him. Then she ran a hand through his hair.

“I have other plans for you little brother. After you get the information from that little twit, you will eliminate yourself and her as well. Then I will be uncles favorite little assassin.” She laid her head beside his on the pillow and played with his hair. “You were always everyone's favorite, always the handsome one, always the strong one, always the famous one. Well, not anymore. I am going to carry on the BlackBird killer name and you and Ema will be my first victims.”

PS: I totally forgot that I needed to translate a couple of things:
*Maya Devochka - Loosely translated as 'My young woman'
**Nastrovya & Prost - Cheers, or to good health

edgeygavin wrote:
AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!
Ema + klav equal awsome couple!

CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER FOR NEXT BIT!

ya see, i just found this when searching for ema klav romance, and I CANNOT STOP READING!
i've been so busy reading this i havn't even played any more of jfa! (admittedly it is my third time playing it.)

I'e resisted commenting before now, but seriously, JOE DARKE!!!!

the work of a genius, you may have a newest fan!

:pearl-blush: :pearl-blush: :pearl-blush:

Thank you soooo much!! That's very sweet of you to say!

Last edited by Pearls1975 on Mon May 04, 2009 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Vervollkommnung~

I don't know why, but Nikita always reminded me of Dahlia. At least, when I picture her, I picture Dahlia with black hair. Kinda like Iris. Only with Dahlia's mannerisms.

Anyways, another great chapter! I liked it, at least!

purplepjs

Quote:
“Heh, Kristoph has a marvelous way of not being subtle.”

I love that line. I don't know why you were unhappy with this chapter! I liked it a lot! Thanks for the update!

Fancy a cuppa?

loving the story - i'm trying to wright my own ema/klav fanfic but it's no way as advanced and good!

can't wait till you update again! :hobohodo: i like ema's reaction to phoenix!
^Click for link!
Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 05/07/09) Klavier/EmaTopic%20Title

Okay there is lots of Ema/Klavier goodness in this part!

Spoiler: Saving space
Ema woke with a start the next morning. Her dreams had become a jumble of random images, from Corvin, to various views of Paris and the other parts of Europe she had been to. But that morning she had dreamt of Klavier, someone she hadn't seen or thought about for a half a year. She shook her head and squinted her eyes against the sunlight streaming in through the blinds and took in her surroundings. Magic paraphernalia and random pieces of furniture surrounded her. Her eyes rested on the two things that tugged at her memory from so long ago; the plant, which was much bigger and very hearty, and the wooden desk that she had carved her initials into, just so Phoenix would never forget. It saddened her to think that the passionate man that she had once known had disappeared in magic tricks and poker games.

Ema sighed as she swung her legs over the edge of the very used futon. Phoenix had mentioned taking in one of his clients daughters, but couldn't remember the details. She figured that this was where she slept. Speaking of, where was she? She hummed as she thought and stood up to retrieve her purse and belongings. Her world spun for a moment and she was knocked back with dizziness. As she sat, her sock covered foot hit an empty bottle of rather high end vodka. Ema moaned as she spied another bottle under the coffee table, and a headache crept behind her eyes.

“Good grief.” She said to the dust motes. “I guess that's the perks of working for a Russian employer...”

“Good Russian vodka?” Phoenix finished her sentence for her as he padded across the room to a coffee maker that had seen better days. She moaned again and rubbed her eyes and squinted at the ex-defense lawyer. His dark hair was a jumble, and he was shirtless, wearing grey flannel pajama bottoms. 'When did Phoenix get so buff?' Ema thought to herself. She dismissed her observation, and stood up again, this time slower.

Phoenix ran his hand through his hair and smirked at her.

“You'll feel better after a cup of this.” He said as he gestured at the coffee maker. “It's a special blend that I get from a certain prosecutor who is on his last legs in the state penitentiary hospital. Helps me every time. Speaking of, I need to go visit him.”

“Thank you,” Ema said as she dug her phone out of her purse. Two missed calls and two voice messages, one each from Lana and Sola.

“Don't you have an appointment this morning?” Phoenix inquired as he poured the coffee.

Ema cocked an eyebrow and looked at Phoenix questioningly over her phone. “Yeah,” She paused. “Are you usually this chipper after drinking...” She looked around to see if there was any other alcohol involved in their heart-to-heart last night. “Two bottles of vodka?”

“Well, like you said earlier, it's one of the perks of working for a Russian employer,” He said as he handed her the coffee and three aspirin. “I've had my fair share of different kinds of vodkas the last few years.” He sighed and shrugged. “Plus I learned the hard way the first couple years after that trial how to take it all in moderation.”

Ema studied the unruly dark-haired man standing in front of her as she washed the aspirin down with what turned out to be very good, but very strong coffee. He chuckled at her as she winced, then gave a half-smile and rested her hand on his shoulder.

“Thank you, Phoenix. Even though I don't remember much of last night, I probably needed it! I'm sure I poured my heart out!”

“It's okay, I did too,” He rested his hand on hers. “And since I don't remember a lot of what happened last night, either, I guess our secrets are safe!” He gave her a smile that reflected the old Phoenix that she remembered, and went on. “You're gonna be late, isn't your appointment at ten?”

“Yeah I got plenty of time its-” She glanced at her watch. “Aww crap! I am gonna be late its 9:30.” She frantically threw on her shoes and grabbed her bag and coat. She started out the door, then turned back, found a stray piece of paper and wrote her cell number down. “Call me!” She yelled as she ran out the door.

“I will,” Phoenix said as he picked up the piece of paper. “I'm gonna need your help on a little mission.”

“Paula, send my ten o'clock to Gumshoe, I-” The voice used to send shivers of semi-lust down her back.

“Fraulein Ema Skye.” Now, in her hungover daze, it was annoying. She turned from the desk she was signing in at, and threw Klavier a look of contempt. “My, my aren't we chipper this morning, ja?”

“I had a rough night, not that it's any of your business Klavier Gavin.” Ema emphasized the first letters of his name as she turned to finish the paperwork the secretary had handed her. Klavier stepped forward and peered over her shoulder. He suddenly stepped around her and grabbed the paperwork from her.

“Achtung! You're my ten o'clock interview?” He looked at her skeptically. “Ema, why are you interviewing for Gumshoe's replacement when we could use a fine forensic scientist such as yourself, ja?”

She crossed her arms and clenched her jaw. “I-If you really must know,” She took a deep breath. She had become close friends with Klavier after Corvin went into the hospital. His band never played in St. Petersburg again, and they took a year off to find a replacement for Corvin. Klavier spent part of his time with Ema and Sola, writing and playing songs for them, and the other part in the States, updating his prosecution skills. Him and Sola helped her study for her forensic test, and when she didn't pass, she was heartbroken. She had cut off all communication from Klavier and his band, saying that it was too hard to be around them, that they reminded her too much of Corvin. Which was partly true. But she didn't want to let Klavier know that she had failed. Now, the one thing she had been running away from, had found her, and she panicked.

“I – I had some trouble with the test...” Ema swallowed. She hated the way he looked at her; his ocean-blue eyes were filled with confusion.

“Trouble...” He said quietly. The realization dawned on him as he told Paula to hold all his calls and to not disturb him. Ema bit her lip as he took her arm and led her to his office.

“So that's why you cut off all communication with me? Because you failed your test?” Klavier sighed and crossed his arms as he leaned against his desk

“I-I...well, yeah. I just felt like I had let you and Sola down. At any rate, I have my pride, Klavier. Besides you were busy with all of this and your band. You were famous, then and that fame hasn't diminished any.” She started pacing. “I've seen you with your silly fan girls and all the glitzy outfits and silly paparazzi following you around. You don't need to be thinking about me. You don't have time.” She was being harsher than usual, but she didn't care. After the remark that Kristoph had made, and Klavier's haughtiness, she was done with the Gavin brothers.

“Fraulein,” He started.

“Ema, my name is Ema.” She crossed her arms and scowled at him.

“Fraulein Ema,” Klavier started again. “Do you really think that all of that matters, I mean it does, without my fans where would I be? Where would the Gavineers be?”

Ema rolled her eyes at him. “You truly are a glimmerous fop aren't you? So full of yourself, now that you have your band together. I should have never come down here.” She turned and started out the door when Klavier grabbed her arm. “Geez, what is with you people and yanking my arm off.” She suddenly found herself unintentionally pressed up against the prosecutor and scowling into his dreamy blue eyes.

“Do you know how many fans would die to be in your position right now?” Klavier said, huskily. Ema swallowed, finding herself transfixed. “Ema Skye, do you realize how lucky you are to have friends like Sola and Miles and I? And a beautiful sister like Lana. Fraulein, I lo-...we all love you and we know that you are hurting. But, you need to get over Corvin, or you are going to drown yourself in your own depression, and no one will be there to save you from that.”

Ema blinked and opened her mouth to say something, anything, but nothing came out. She wasn't sure what shocked her more, the fact that Klavier almost confessed his love to her, or the fact that he knew about how she pined over Corvin. God she hated herself right now. Her anger boiled over and she pushed as hard as she could away from the rock-star.

“How can you know what I'm feeling! Get over Corvin!! Like its that simple!” She had him backed up to his desk. “I loved the man, hell I lived with him and now he's basically gone. And you want me to get over it!??”

“Ema! I was his best friend as well!” Klavier suddenly turned away. “He fell at our concert for crying out loud. And to find out that you know a serial killer and can't do anything about it because of your own convictions? You aren't the only one hurting Ema.”

The young woman stepped back, eyes widened and hands to her mouth in disbelief.

“He was not the killer, whoever was up in the rafters was the BlackBird Killer, not Corvin, he was pushed...” Her eyes started getting teary again.

“Oh Fraulein, you still don't believe he is the killer...” Klavier said quietly as he walked to her and put his arm around her. Her anger had diffused and as much as she didn't want Klavier to be the one holding her at the moment, it still felt nice. She sniffed and wiped her eyes and pulled back.

“I think we have and interview to conduct.”

“Heh, do you want the job Fraulein?” He smirked at her. She rolled her eyes again.

“As much as I don't want to be an investigator, I need a job right now, so yes, I want the job.”

“Okay then, you're hired.” He took his arm from around her and snuck his hand into her purse.

“What the hell...” She slapped him as he pulled out her cell phone and started entering his number.

“There, now you have my number, Fraulein Detective. You have no excuse to not talk to me!” He dropped the phone back into her purse.

“I can ignore the call!” She pouted as she crossed her arms.

“Ha ha! You're cute when you're mad, d'you know that?” He gave her a genuine smile that almost melted her snakoos. Speaking of which, she reached in her purse for them as Klavier opened his office door.

“Paula has all the necessary paperwork for you to fill out.” He said as she walked out of his office.

“Oh and Fraulein Ema,” She turned and as she was popping a snakoo in her mouth, he reached in and grabbed one. “Report to Gumshoe at eight am tomorrow. He'll be excited to know that he can actually go on paternity leave now!”

:eh?: :salute:

GDM wrote:
I don't know why, but Nikita always reminded me of Dahlia. At least, when I picture her, I picture Dahlia with black hair. Kinda like Iris. Only with Dahlia's mannerisms.

Anyways, another great chapter! I liked it, at least!

Thanks! Hmm... She could be a hybrid of Dahlia and Iris! Nikita really is a sweet girl, she's being brainwashed to the extreme, so she's evil!

kitsune13 wrote:
Quote:
“Heh, Kristoph has a marvelous way of not being subtle.”

I love that line. I don't know why you were unhappy with this chapter! I liked it a lot! Thanks for the update!

Thank you for reading! Yeah that was my favorite line as well! :garyuu:

edgeygavin wrote:
loving the story - i'm trying to wright my own ema/klav fanfic but it's no way as advanced and good!

can't wait till you update again! :hobohodo: i like ema's reaction to phoenix!

Yay! A newish fan! LOL Thank you! And I like your story as well!

~Vervollkommnung~

I always love your interaction between Klavier and Ema. SO CUTE!!!

^^And a hybrid of the two does sound better :edgy:

I am the Objector.

Nice. You're back.
"Cornered music plays"
Oh, ****

Fancy a cuppa?

:beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef: :beef:

UPDATE I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

(not that I'm pressuring you or anything :will: )

ps. SO like klaveir to hire a dectective straight away just because he wants a chance with them!
^Click for link!

purplepjs

Pearls1975 wrote:
His dark hair was a jumble, and he was shirtless, wearing grey flannel pajama bottoms. 'When did Phoenix get so buff?' Ema thought to herself.

dfgfgg8rfAJSGFSFYASGf907ehdsjadasgdfaysdfqe

*nosebleed*

I have no words for how much I love this story.

Mew~ :3

Location: I'll give you a clue: Somewhere in the universe, on a planet starting with E

YES! I finally finished reading all the chapters! I can't wait for the next chapter!
:pearl: :shoe:
New sig coming soon!~
Happily married to Blade Satoshi X and mum to Neon Lemmy Koopa and PandaPrinzessin~ Avvie by me~ :3

Hi :D I started to read your fic recently and I really love it.
At the beginning I didn't like Corvin because he wasn't honnest with Ema and because, er, he's a serial killer. But after seeing what happened to his mother, and what his uncle have done, I'm pretty sad for him. He's not a bad guy, he just had a horrible life. But the fact that he killed his own sister ... =X
Little by little all the pieces of the puzzle are taking their place, I imagine we will soon arrive to the situation of the beginning, with the kidnapping and all. I just couldn't imagine that the story would go that way !
By the way, I really like the story and the characters, the Skye sisters are my favourite characters I think, with Klavier obviously ^^
I can't wait to read the next chapter !

I'm sorry if some of my sentences aren't very well written, I'm French and I don't totally master English ... ^^'

After seeing the recent scans from Famitsu, I'm realizing that my whole fanfiction has become a giant contradiction! (not like it wasn't in the first place, I really did try to keep with the cannon timeline!) Daryan is a huge contradiction, because I didn't realize until after playing case 4-3 that Daryan has never gone overseas. Okay thats a small lie, I did remember reading that little tidbit of info somewhere, I really wanted to write Daryan...he's a fascinating character to me and the dynamic that he has with Klavier is awesome. Plus, that hair... :haha: :pencileraser: (don't laugh at me, but I think hes sexy!!)

Anyway, I want to thank all of you who have been reading so far and the new readers as well! I do plan on finishing this, even in light of recent character uncoverings...bad grammer is bad! I have unfortunatley run into a writers block...more like a giant wall...I start to write something and it just doesn't seem wright :Hoboright: ! Hopefully, I will be inspired shortly and go on another writing kick! Thanks for all of your honest and kind feedback! Without it, I probably wouldn't have continued this fanfic! It's amazing how passionate we can get about our video games isn't it!!??? Damn Capcom and their compelling characters!! LOL :edgy: :javado: :garyuu: :keiko: :minuki: :pearl:

Fancy a cuppa?

come on! write a random scene, produce more infuriatingly good storyline! Try to get over writers block the same way you've done before - writing. sorry, i just want more, waaah! :larry: Don't forget that we've still got to save present day ema from the sick kidnapper! don't go off course and forget.
^Click for link!

~Vervollkommnung~

NEED.......UPDATE!!!!!

:ron-jazz: :zennybw: :scratch: :wellington-crazy: :fire: :jazzsneeze: :Bikini: :flowsers: :apollo-shock: :Max-Cry: :snackood: :wall-bang: :hair-bounce: :yanni-faint: :shatter: :megaphone: :bite:

Just please don't forget about this fic. :larry:

I'll go along with edgygavin and say, don't forget about present day Ema, also. :sassy:

Hope you can overcome you writer's block VERYVERYVERY soon. :pearl:

And, yes. Smilies rule the world.

edgeygavin wrote:
come on! write a random scene, produce more infuriatingly good storyline! Try to get over writers block the same way you've done before - writing. sorry, i just want more, waaah! :larry: Don't forget that we've still got to save present day ema from the sick kidnapper! don't go off course and forget.

:blondie: not sure if i should be scared....or flattered....im gonna go with flattered....in fact extremely flattered that you care so passionately for my story as much as I do!!

GDM wrote:
NEED.......UPDATE!!!!!

:ron-jazz: :zennybw: :scratch: :wellington-crazy: :fire: :jazzsneeze: :Bikini: :flowsers: :apollo-shock: :Max-Cry: :snackood: :wall-bang: :hair-bounce: :yanni-faint: :shatter: :megaphone: :bite:

Just please don't forget about this fic. :larry:

I'll go along with edgygavin and say, don't forget about present day Ema, also. :sassy:

Hope you can overcome you writer's block VERYVERYVERY soon. :pearl:

And, yes. Smilies rule the world.

Muuahahahahah!! yes they doo!!!!! And GDM you have been so sweet and kind and patient throughout my 'little' fan fic...I wish I could give you something more than these flat cookies.... :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Oh trust me kids, I have not forgotten about Ema, that's whats giving me the hard time is bridging the timeline....

I do however have most of the next part written...hopefully i can get it posted tonight or tomarrow at the latest! Watch for a surprise in the meantime!

Thanks again!!

Re: Dance With Me & Sleepy (updated 05/19/09) Klavier/EmaTopic%20Title

Ok kids...here it is, after much writing and rewriting and more rewriting...the next part of my fan fic...for your reading and reviewing enjoyment. There is alot of information in this part, so if something seems out of place, or just plain wrong, let me know!

I am going to say, however, that I have taken a lot of liberties in this chapter:

Spoiler: for all of T&T
If modern science (modern as in the PW age) can bring a poisoned man out of a poisoned coma, then even more modern science can let a guy that has fallen as far as Corvin has, rest comfortably and heal while hes in the coma. He will have some side effects, as you will see in future chapters, but he's pretty much okay!

I have end notes, so read them AFTER you read this part...unless you like to be spoiled, then read them first! :two-faced:

A HUGE Thanks :rock'n: :cards: to everyone who is following this so far and for your encouraging words about this fanfic. Without that, I wouldn't have gotten this far with this!!

Now on with the show!! :moe-laugh: :punch-ben: :regina: :varanbaran: :pencil: :tennis:

Spoiler: PG for swearing
March 2nd, 2026
Paris, France

“Hey, assholes, watch where you're goin'!” Daryan yelled as two people walked by him swiftly, one of them bumping into him,both not looking where they were going. He watched them with curiosity as they quickly descended the stairs from the hospital. The taller one had a blanket over his shoulders and head and was wearing baggy jeans. The other was a woman, with dark hair and a dark trench coat. They crossed the parking lot swiftly and got into the sports car that Daryan had admired not five minutes earlier. He shook his head and went inside the hospital.

Daryan grinned and winked at the nurse as he paused by the desk where she stared at him starstruck. He knew growing his hair out like he did would attract attention. That and the fact that he was part of the hottest rock band right now, helped a lot.

“Could you tell me what room Corvin Mourir is in?” He asked in flawless French. It got the reaction he wanted as the nurse became flustered and a patch of pink started to form across her cheeks. He already knew which room his friend was in, and when a nurse came running out of that room frantically, it caught his attention.

“He's gone!” She said breathlessly. “The patient is gone!”

The nurse behind the desk picked up her phone as Daryan swore under his breath. He quickly walked to the room and looked in. Sure enough, it was empty, save for a card laying on the pillow of the bed.

“Dammit, I should've stopped them.” He mumbled to himself, referring to the couple that had run into him into the parking lot. He walked into the room and pulled out his phone and punched a number. As Daryan gave the make and model of the sports car he saw to his connections, he picked up the card that was lying on the bed. A pitch black Raven stared out at him from the card.

“He's gone.” Twenty minutes later, Daryan was speeding down the highway to the airport, talking on his phone with Klavier.

“What?” Klavier said groggily. “Who's gone? And who is this?”

“It's Daryan, your famed second guitarist,” He scolded as he shifted. “Listen, I'm in Paris and Corvin is gone.”

“Gone? What do you mean gone?” Klavier paused. “And why are you in Paris? We have a show in two days-”

“Don't worry your pretty little head Klavier, I'll be there for your precious show.” Sarcasm dripped from his voice. “I was passing through Paris on my way to Borginia to finalize some things there, and I thought I'd pay our former bass player a visit.”

“Oh,” Klavier said off-handedly. “How's he doing?”

“I'm not sure, he's not there.” Daryan growled and rolled his eyes. “The nurses said they came to check on him an hour ago and he wasn't in his room. His sister was there and she told them he went down the hall to visit another patient. When they came back a half hour later, they were gone.”

“Wait, you said his sister was with him?”

“Yeah the nurses said that a dark haired lady with pale skin going by the name of Nikita had been visiting him almost everyday...”

“Nikita...”Klavier said thoughtfully. “Ema mentioned going to classes with a Nikita...I wonder if...”

“What? Did you say something Klavier?”

“No. Listen to me Daryan, you need to make sure he doesn't leave that country. I can't have him over here terrorizing everyone.”

“Don't you mean, Ema?”

“What?”

“Nothing,” Daryan shook his head. “Listen I've called everyone I know, I can't guarantee that he's gonna be stopped from leaving France, but at least he'll get harassed when he gets to American airports.”

Two Hours Earlier....

Nikita sighed as she rested her head on Corvin's arm. She wasn't sure how much longer she could stay in the hospital, pacing the sterile white walls, staring at the same faces day-in and day-out. So when Corvin suddenly called out Ema's name, Nikita was relieved and frustrated at the same time. She had come to realize that she loved her brother a lot, but was torn by the fact that he had killed their sister. Granted, he was brainwashed at the time, but he was the only thing she had left in the world, and she wasn't going to give him up that easily, especially to that American twit of a girl. It was a sick and twisted love, but, she loved him nonetheless.

“Nikita...” He said faintly. Why did her face bring so much pain...he had a bad memory of something happening to him, and it was associated with her. He was dizzy and sleepy, and holding his head up was an effort.

“Oh, Corvin!” She wrapped her arms around him. “Corvin you're finally awake. I was so afraid.”

“Wha-...Afraid?” So many thoughts ran through his head, he couldn't keep up. “Finally awake?”

“Corvin, you've been in a coma the last couple years,” Nikita pulled back and looked into his confused blue eyes. “Do you remember anything...from...before...?” Now came the real test to see if all her brainwashing efforts worked.

“I-I...before...” He put a hand to his head. “I remember...playing at a concert...and falling...” He paused, a pained look came across his face. Nikita held her breath. “Ema. I remember Ema's face...so scared...sad... Oh my god! Where is Ema?”

Nikita slowly let out the breath she was holding as she caressed his face. “Ema is...back in the states, brother. Her heart was so broken, she couldn't bear to be here.” She paused to gather her thoughts. The next lie was crucial in her own plan as well as Konstatin's. “I-I...tried to console her. But she was beyond anything I could help her with. She has put you far out of her mind, so far, that I think she is seeing your blond friend...what was his name...”

“Klavier...” Corvin squeezed his eyes shut. “I have got to win her back.”

“But Corvin,” Nikita put on her sweetest face and voice. “That's going to be hard, since she thinks...she thinks...”

“She thinks what?” Corvin's voice took on a hard edge as his brow furrowed.

“She doesn't think you are going to come out of your coma.”

“More reason to...” Corvin sat up suddenly and immediately regretted it. His head started spinning and he was seeing stars. He pinched the bridge of his nose and groaned as Nikita gently pushed him back.

“You need to rest. I'll go get a nurse.” Nikita started to get up, but Corvins grip on her wrist startled her. “Wha-...”

“No,” He groaned again. “We need to get out of here as soon as possible.”

Nikita smiled a poisoned smile to herself. All her brainwashing efforts had worked. Konstantin was going to be proud of her.

“I have him and I'm on my way to the airport.” Nikita said in flawless Russian into her phone two hours later. 'I almost blew it back there by running into Daryan, but I have him.' She thought to herself.

“Very good Nikita.” Konstantin answered her in Russian. “I will make sure everything is in place for you at the airports. Did my brainwashing techniques work?”

“Yes sir,” She answered as she shifted the car. Corvin was in and out of consciousness and groaned as she weaved through traffic. “They worked very well.”

“Good. Is there anyone following you?”

“No,” She stated as she looked carefully in her rear view.

“Ahhh... good girl. Have you taken care of the problem in Germany?”

“Yes, the letter was hand delivered to Miles Edgeworth by me personally.”

“My little Nikita,” She could practically hear him grinning over the phone. “You have made me very proud. I need you to be at my place promptly after you land in L.A. Understood? We need to get the second part of our plan in place.”

“Understood, sir.” She agreed and said goodbye. Nikita smiled over at Corvin.

“My own plan is unfolding well, my brother, and soon you can live in peace and know the truth about what happened to our mother and father, so long ago!”

March 24th, 2026
Two Weeks Later
Los Angeles, USA

“Klavier Gavin!!” Ema stormed into the prosecutors office, only to be greeted by his voice and guitar. She yanked off his earphones.

“Hey!” He scowled at her. “What's the big idea Fraulein Detective?”

“Why do I have a Stargazer Lily on my desk? Is that your idea of a sick joke?” The brunette was so frustrated that she was on the verge of tears. She wasn't having a good day to start out, and seeing the lily on her desk brought on a barrage of unwanted feelings.

“Eh, Lily...?” Klavier stood up and peered around Ema. “Who's that standing by your desk? A stalker?”

“Klavier, I swear, ever since I've returned to the states you've become increasingly...” As she was yelling, Klavier had gently turned her so she was looking out of Klavier's office, and sure enough, the new mail boy was hovering by her desk.

“I-...what the hell?” Ema reached into her lab coat pocket and brought out her snakoos as she stomped out of the prosecutors office. Klavier leaned against the frame of his office door and pretended not to listen.

“You there!” Ema called to the mail boy and he looked up at her. She paused for a moment. She had always seen him from afar, and he always stared at her, but she paid it no mind. If it wasn't for the dark piercing eyes and black hair he had colored red and styled into the start of an obnoxious Mohawk, it could've been Corvin. The way he stood perfectly still, the shape of his lips...

“You talkin' to me?” The kid pointed to himself. His Brooklyn accent was so thick, she thought she was in New York for a second. 'No, it can't be him, he's too thin, besides, why would he take a mail boy job here anyway?' She thought to her self. He caught her staring at him, and he waved his hand in front of her face. “Hey, you okay?”

“Er, yeah...” She shook her head and popped a snakoo in her mouth. “I just thought you were someone else for a moment.”

“Heh, well, it looks like that someone else thought you were special enough to bring you a flower.” He kept talking, but Ema didn't hear him. His smile lit up his face, just like Corvin's would've “...the meaning of the Stargazer Lily.” He paused. She kept looking at him with an intensity that he had never felt. For a moment, Corvin thought she was going to see through his disguise. He had to remember not to smile his usual charming smile around her. It was hard. His memories of her came back stronger and stronger everyday, and just being this close to her, close enough to smell her, to touch her was torture.

“I know the meaning of that Lily.” Ema said abruptly. “You should leave.” She threw the Lily in her wastebasket and sat down in her chair.

“Oh, heh, no ma'am, that wasn't from me, I just de-”

“Leave,” Ema took a deep breath. “Now! Please, just go.” She squeezed her eyes shut and her fists were clenched so tight, she thought she might have drawn blood.

“Yeah, sorry.” Corvin/mail boy said timidly. He took a deep breath and looked up. Klavier was still leaning against his door frame with a dark look on his face and silently snapping his fingers. Corvin backed away from Ema's desk slowly, then turned around and walked away.

Klavier had decided not to tell Ema about Corvin's escape from the hospital. With the way she was avoiding anything international, especially the news, Klavier was certain that she wouldn't hear about it. She didn't need the extra stress in her life. Now, with the appearance of the lily, and the strange mail boy, Klavier was beginning to regret his decision. He watched as Ema started to regain her composure slowly, and he slipped quietly back into his office. Thirty minutes later, she was in his office, asking for the rest of the day off.

“Fraulein,” Klavier stopped himself and stood up and walked around his desk to face the young girl. He leaned against his desk and rested his hand on her shoulder. “Ema, I understand that whole scene was hard for you, but what are you going to do, go home and mope? Drink yourself into a depression with Herr Wright?”

“Well, the thought had crossed my mind...” She was confused at Klavier's motives.

“Nein, stay and work.” He brushed a stray hair out of her face, and interrupted her before she could protest. “Gumshoe will be here at noon, there will be plenty to do then.”

Ema mulled it around. 'Damn Klavier and his compassion for me.' She thought as she sighed. “I guess, but...”

“Ja?” Klavier gave her a smirk.

“Never mind,” She pulled out her snakoos again. “Thank you.”

“You are welcome for whatever reason!” He said as he stole a snakoo.

Klavier watched her mope back to her desk when his phone rang.

“Ja, Klavier here,” he said, not looking at the caller I.D.

“Klavier, I don't have much time,” The voice on the other side was familiar, however, Klavier couldn't place it.

“Who is this?”

“It's Miles Edgeworth.”

“Ach...Herr Edgeworth! What happened to you? I tried to get a hold of you to let you know about Corvin, but kept getting your voice mail and I don't have Lana's number.”

“Yes, well,” Miles paused and said something to whoever was with him. “I am being blackmailed.”

“What!?” Klavier almost yelled. “Blackmailed for what?”

“What I know about Corvin's past. The truth about his past.”

“I don't understand? The truth?”

“Yes, I have come across Nadja's journals in my quest for information on Corvin's family.” Miles paused and took a deep breath. “Klavier, that family is twisted. Konstantin is twisted. You need to get Ema and Phoenix Wright away from that man.”

“Miles, slow down,” Klavier pinched the bridge of his nose as a headache started to form. “Who is this Fraulein Nadja?”

“She was the sister that Corvin was brainwashed to murder because she knew too much. She kept journals throughout her life, and her manager had kept them locked away in a safe deposit box. I used what prosecuting influence I have left over here to convince him that I needed to see those journals. Somehow, Konstantin found out I was nosing around and he sent Nikita with a blackmail letter. I can't come to the states until he says I can...and I've tried. That man has ties to some very ugly underground Russian mafia types.” Miles paused to gather his thoughts. “Something is going to happen over there Klavier. You need to keep an eye on Ema, especially now that Corvin is over there in the states. Who knows what that family has planned.”

“Oh god,” Klavier's heart sunk as he thought of the lily. “I think they've already started whatever they're gonna start.”

“Klavier, you must promise me and Lana that Ema will be safe, that she will be in good hands until I can get over to the states.”

“Herr Edgeworth, given that you know how I feel about her, you don't have to ask me twice.”

“Hmm...Then I might ask you to keep your feelings out of this and regard her as just a friend. I must go now. We will be in Berlin until further notice. Lana is grateful to have someone she trusts there to watch over Ema.”

They said their goodbyes, and Klavier gazed out at Ema who was typing up reports.

“Miles Edgeworth, I know you can turn your emotions on and off at the drop of a hat,” Klavier said to himself. “I'm not so sure I can.”

I realize that they prolly wouldn't have gotten out of that hospital as easy as they did, but you have to remember that they are assassins and they are supposed to be stealth!! :Maskdemaske:
Page 3 of 5 [ 177 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony