Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 5 of 5[ 172 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: Justis' Fics (Phoenix/Maya) 01/09/10 UpdateTopic%20Title

This is awesome! moar plox!

What the hell?! I didn't even noticed this update.... shame on me! I will read this one later today, gotta' do some homework first. =/
减仓

Fancy a cuppa?

Fantastical update! (yes, it's a word) LOVE YOUR FICS SO MUCH!
^Click for link!

[Words]

Thanks for the reviews, here's part 2 of (insert long title here). I've now decided that there'll be three parts. Come to think of it I've got several 3-part fics...

Spoiler: A Day at Samurai-Con: Part 2
“Well? What are we waiting for? Let’s go! Come on, I heard they were going to show the preview for the Steel Samurai reboot coming up! It’s going to be awesome!”
I groan. I haven’t been here that long, but I think I’ve seen enough Samurai stuff for the rest of my life. “Um, why don’t you go ahead? I’m just going to take a look at those Steel Samurai bobbleheads...Way at the front of the convention...by the exit.”
Maya doesn’t seem to catch on that I want to go. “But Nick, you have to stay close to me! What if Liam comes back and tries to hit on me? I need my big, strong boyfriend around to protect me.”
“B-boyfriend?” I stutter. Woah, woah. Was she serious about that? Man, of all the places I imagined hooking up with Maya, a Samurai-Con is probably last on the list.
Maya giggles. “Yeah, I can’t believe he actually fell for that. What a creep. Now let’s go, I don’t want to miss a second of the Samurai action!” Oh, I guess she was joking.
Maya pulls me into the madness of the Samurai-Con and stops when we arrive in front of a huge TV. People are packed in front of the screen with undivided attention, not unlike Maya whenever a new episode of the Diamon Samurai comes on. As soon as we arrive the words “Steel Samurai” appear on the screen, and the crowd bursts into applaud, while Maya lets out a shriek. The TV shows 3 thieves robbing an shop owner in Neo Olde Tokyo, but out of the darkness of night comes a shadowy figure who disarms the three thieves and sends them running out of the shop. Before the owner can thank the mysterious stranger, the warrior dashes off after the three thieves, intending to retrieve what they stole. He quickly catches up to them and knocks them down with a move I recognize as the signature “Samurai Kick”, then takes the bag of coins away from them. One of the thieves, terrified of this unknown assailant, cowardly asks “Who are you?”
The warrior is quiet for a moment, and then begins to speak. “I am the fighter for justice. I am the punisher of evil! I am...the Steel Samurai!”
The Steel Samurai raises his Samurai Spear in the air, and then the screen goes blank. The crowd cheers.
“Wow, that was awesome, wasn’t it?”
“I suppose, but was it me or was the Steel Samurai wearing pink?”
“He was wearing magenta! This Steel Samurai’s being made by a different studio, and some anonymous fan sent them an idea saying that the Steel Samurai would be so much cooler in magenta, so they changed his colours!” Maya explains.
“Really? That’s pretty lame. And magenta’s a really stupid colour.” I comment.
“I beg your pardon?” A voice exclaims from behind us. I wheel around, and find the last person I’d expect to see here.
“E-Edgeworth? What are you doing here?” I exclaim.
“I was...I was shopping for my niece! She’s...um, a really large Samurai fan, so I was just getting her a gift while the event was in town! These raving fanboys I can handle, but people insulting magenta? Utterly preposterous! I’ll be taking my leave now, thank you very much.”
With that, Edgeworth stomps off, his hands full with Samurai goodies. I try to call out to him.
“Wait! Edgeworth, I didn’t mean it! Um, magenta looks good on you!” Wait a minute...Edgeworth doesn’t have any nieces. He doesn’t even have any siblings! What a liar...
“Wow Nick, I’d ask if you wanted to get some more Samurai Dogs, but I see you’ve already got your foot in your mouth.” Maya laughs, muttering something about Edgeworth being a total closet fan.
“Ha ha, very funny. Where do you want to go next?” I sigh.
“Attention Samurai fans! The Steel Samurai Live-Action Theatre will be starting in 5 minutes! Be sure not to miss the re-enactment of episode 56!”
“You heard that announcement, Nick! Let’s go!”

When we get to the stage where the performance is happening, it’s already started and there are some ninjas on stage flipping around.
“Those are the Five Ninjas of the West.” Maya explains. “They’re pretty important to the Evil Magistrate, but they’re also pretty honourable. If the Steel Samurai can beat them, they’ll give him their prized possession: a sword that can trap the Evil Magistrate in the Realm of Spirits.”
“Does he beat them?”
“I’m not going to spoil it! Just wait and see!”
Before I can protest, a cloud of smoke appears onstage and the Steel Samurai leaps out of it, drawing his Samurai Spear.
Maya shrieks. “Ooh! This is one of my favourite parts in the whole series!”
Two of the ninjas leap at the Steel Samurai, but he backs up and they crash into each other, then he slams his spear down on their heads, supposedly knocking them out. Three ninjas remain, and not making the same mistake twice, the remaining ninjas decide to face him head on. The first ninja pulls out several shurikens and tosses them at the Steel Samurai, but he moves out of the way and they lodge themselves in a nearby tree. The Samurai then takes advantage of the moment and grabs the ninja, tossing him onto a stone bench which breaks under the pressure of the Samurai Throw.
“Wow! Isn’t the Steel Samurai so strong?” Maya asks. You can literally see the sparkle in her eye.
“This isn’t real, you know. The ninjas are just stunt experts, and all of the stuff are just props.”
“Don’t be such a partypooper, Nick! Can’t you let me have my fun?”
The two remaining ninjas pull out their katanas. One rushes at the Samurai but is quickly disarmed at the hands of the Samurai Spear, but before Steel Samurai finishes him off with a quick blow from his spear, the ninja leaps behind him and kicks him towards the other ninja, who in turn kicks him to the ground.
Maya gasps. “No, Steel Samurai! Don’t give up! Kick their ninja butts!”
I sigh. She must have seen this episode a thousand times anyways, doesn’t she know how it ends?
The Steel Samurai gets up wearily, and the unarmed ninja rushes at him yet again. This time the Samurai doesn’t allow the ninja to get another kick in, and he quickly disposes of him with a Samurai Punch, knocking him to the ground. He then turns his attention to the last ninja standing, but to his surprise the ninja drops his weapon.
“You have proven your skill, Steel Samurai.”
The ninja reaches into a nearby chest and pulls out a mystical-looking sword. He returns to the Steel Samurai and kneels down, holding out the blade.
“Please take this Spirit Sword. It shall help you in your quest to defeat the Evil Magistrate.”
The curtains close, and the crowd lets out a roaring cheer.

“That was so cool, huh?” Maya yells over the crowd.
“Yeah, sure. Maybe we should go now?” I ask.
“No way, Nick! Come on, I have to meet the Steel Samurai!”
Maya pulls me through the giant crowd and behind the stage, searching for her fictional hero.
“Maya, I don’t think we’re allowed back here.” I whisper. The last thing I want is for us to get kicked out, even if it would mean getting to go home.
“Don’t be silly, of course we’re allowed back here! So what if the sign said ‘Employess Only’? I bet the Steel Samurai would be lonely if none of his fans snuck in to visit him backstage! We’re doing him a favour!”
I begin to point out that what Maya said doesn’t really make much sense, but she cuts me off.
“Look, Nick! There he is! Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod! I’m going to go talk to THE Steel Samurai! Here, take this camera and keep a look out for security!”
Maya sneaks up behind the Steel Samurai and taps on his shoulder. He turns around and stares down at her.
“Um...hi! I know you probably hear this a lot, but I’ve got to tell you that I’m your biggest fan! I’ve watched ever single episode of the Steel Samurai, and I’ve got every manga, and I’ve got every Steel Samurai collectible imaginable, and I just want to let you know that you’re the best hero ever, and that you’re an inspiration to-”
The Steel Samurai clears his throat. “I know who you are, Ms. Fey.”
Maya stops her babbling, and just stares at him with an expression of both shock and awe, and then she turns around to look at me.
“D...did you hear that? H-he...The Steel Samurai...He knows my...”
Maya, unable to finish her sentence, faints and falls to the ground. I quickly run over to her side, trying to see if she’s ok.
“Maya!? Maya!!! Are you ok!?! Can you hear me!? Don’t go towards the light, Maya! Don’t go!”
The Steel Samurai speaks again. “Would you relax? She’ll be fine. Fangirls have been fainting all day. Then again, I always have had that effects on the ladies, right Nick?”
Now it’s my turn to be shocked. There’s only two people in the world who call me “Nick”. Maya, and...
“...Larry?”
Re: Justis' Fics (Phoenix/Maya) 01/16/10 UpdateTopic%20Title

o3o

Nice chapter! :phoenix:

This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice

That was fun! Just reading that chapter made me think of the few anime cons I've been to. Wow, Edgeworth appearing. As much as I expected it, it was still kind of funny. Eek, Larry!

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

wait WHAT?

i was not expeting larry i was expecting it to be will powers xD

the bit a bought edgy getting upset a bought the remark on the magenta made me chuckle

Fancy a cuppa?

Great update! haha - i was SO not expecting larry!
I love your fics.
^Click for link!

Pheonix and Maya forever!!

wow. i didn't see that coming anyways.... another awesome part by Justis!! you know your one of the authors that made me LOVE phoenix/maya i mean there is no words i can say when i read great fics like these

[Words]

So I realize I haven't done anything in forever, but I finally got around to writing something, so... here it is.

Spoiler: An Interesting Car Ride
By the time Nick and I get in the taxi, I'm exhausted. You can say a lot of things about Detective Gumshoe, but you can't say he doesn't know how to throw a party. I don't really remember what the party was for, though. I think Mr. Edgeworth ended up stopping some crime ring, or something. Which I guess is pretty cool, but apparently it took them about a week to stop them. I'm sure that if Nick (and his lovely assistant, of course) took on the case, we'd have all of the criminals caught in a day and still have time to grab some burgers after.

Speaking of burgers, I'm starving. The party was nice, but apparently Gumshoe's salary hasn't increased much since we last saw him because all he had to eat were a few packs of instant noodles in his cupboard. I felt so bad for him that even I didn't have the heart (or stomach) to eat his food. Of course, I'm starting to regret that a bit now. If I don't get something to eat soon, I think some of the many stomachs I have are going to start eating each other. Luckily for me, I'm sitting beside Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and my own personal burger provider.

As Nick fidgets with his seat belt, I make my move. “Hey Nick, know what time it is?”

He glances down at his watch. “Um, it's a bit after 10-”

“BURGER O'CLOCK!” I shout, but probably a bit too loudly since the taxi driver turns around and gives me a dirty look.

“Are you kidding me?” Nick exclaims, almost as loud as me. “I got you burgers for lunch! Besides, we just ate a few hours ago, I doubt you're actually that hung-”

Nick's interrupted by the sound of his stomach growling. Seizing the opportunity, I shoot him my best puppy dog look. Nick sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose, making the same pose he does every time he admits defeat. If I wasn't already sort of tired, I'd probably jump out of my seat in joy.

“Where are you two kids going?” The taxi driver asks in a rough, irritated voice. I figure he's probably craving a burger too.

“Can you take us too that burger joint down on Third Street?” Nick asks, still hanging his head in defeat.

“You're the boss.”

Yes! I think to myself triumphantly. I could kiss Nick right now.

… Wait a minute... I could kiss him right now. I mean, I'm always trying to play it cool around him, always wondering how or if I should tell him, or if he feels the same way that I do, but maybe I'm just worrying about it too much! Maybe I should just kiss him right now, and see where things go from there! What's the worst that could happen? I think to myself.

The worst that could happen... Why did I have to ask that? In a flash, my imagination's thinking up all of the different ways it could go wrong.

Like, what if I kiss him, but he doesn't like me and then he says something like “Um, what are you doing?”! That would be the most embarrassing thing I've ever done! Can you actually die of embarrassment? Probably, when it's something that bad! Yes, I'd probably die of embarrassment, and then Nick and the taxi driver would totally freak out, but then they'd realize that this looked totally suspicious for some reason, so they decide to work together to hide my body, so they take me down to Gourd Lake to hide my corpse in the water. Except that it's a trap, and Edgeworth knew this was going to happen so he set up a police squad around the lake and when Nick shows up he gets arrested, and... You know, I'm pretty sure this was the story for one of those stupid cop dramas Nick made me watch last week. I'm probably looking way too far into this.

But what if I kiss and he really doesn't like me? What would he do? Would he think I'm crazy? He probably thinks I'm weird enough as it is, but what if that was the last straw? Could he put me in some sort of mental institution for the rest of my life? Oh no, that would not be good. I don't think they get TV in those places, and without Steel Samurai in my life I really would die! Death from television withdrawal... Now that's a horrible way to go.

What if Nick's so surprised when I try to kiss him, that he opens the car door and leaps out! I mean, it would look cool for sure, but he might hurt himself!
Oh, what are you saying, Maya! Nick's survived a lot crazier stuff than jumping out of a car, he'd be fine. But if he left, I wouldn't be able to get burgers! I wouldn't even be able to pay the taxi driver! What if, to pay off my debts, I have to work as a taxi driver for the rest of my life! I wouldn't get to become Master of Kurain, and I might not get to see Pearly again, and I don't even know how to drive, and I don't think I can drive well with these wooden sandals so I'd probably have to buy new shoes and since I have to wear these robes all the time I don't really know much about modern fashion, so I'd have to learn what people are wearing now so I don't buy something really embarrassing. But how do I find that stuff out? Is there a class I can take on fashion?

What was my point again?

Oh right, kissing. But worst of all, what if Nick get's really weirded out or angry at me for kissing him, and then he doesn't want to get burgers anymore? What if he doesn't want to get burgers with me again ever?

Before I can follow that line of thought any further, my stomachs growl in protest and I decide to stop worrying about never eating burgers. They're already upset enough as it is.

What if I kiss him, and he doesn't want me to be his assistant anymore?

No, Nick needs me as his assistant. We both know he's a total mess without me.

But suppose I kiss him, and it actually does go well, but somehow Pearly installed a camera in the car and she recorded us kissing? Her going on about us being special someones is bad enough already, but if she actually had some sort of proof she'd never let us live it down! What if she decided to show it to everyone too? It would be just like her, to show the evidence to anybody who'd listen. Oh, the people back in Kurain would not be pleased to see that...

Or what if I do end up kissing Nick, but then I realize that this night is just a dream? Or what if the last three years with Nick have all been a dream, and Nick doesn't really exist? Maybe my whole life is a dream, and I'm not actually Maya Fey! Maybe I'm actually some totally awesome samurai girl living in Neo Olde Tokyo, and I get to fight evil, and there's a TV show about my adventures!

I suppose that wouldn't be so bad. But I'd miss Nick.

Wait! Maybe I would kiss Nick, but then it turns out that it's not really Nick, but actually the Evil Magistrate, and he was in disguise as my true love to trick me! He did the same thing to the Pink Princess in episode 47! And maybe, just like in that episode, as soon as I kiss him he'll reveal himself and then try to kidnap me so he can steal my samurai power!

But now that I think of it, if that really is the Evil Magistrate he'll probably try to steal my power even if I don't kiss him.

I cautiously slide away from Nick as far as the space in the taxi will allow. I'd better quiz this “Nick”. Ask him something only the real Nick would know.

“Hey Nick,” I ask suspiciously. “What's my favourite food?”

Nick sighs. “Burgers, obviously.”

OK, seems like the real deal.

“And Maya,” Nick teases, “You don't have to play mind games. I already agreed to getting burgers a few minutes, in case you've forgotten. Geez, I know you're a bit out there sometimes, but I never thought you'd let something as important as burgers slip your mind!”

Throwing a harsh glance at him, I return back to my thought.

What if I kiss Nick, and then he likes it, because he actually likes me too, and then he kisses me back? And then what if we start dating after that, and then he proposes, and then we get married, and then we start a family and grow old together and all that great stuff?

No, no, that's ridiculous, I tell myself, my expression suddenly turning downcast. The irony that I considered Nick being the Evil Magistrate possible but I can't believe him and I would date is momentarily lost on me.

Nick must have noticed my sudden sadness, because the next thing I know he's putting his hand over one of mine and asking what's wrong.

I turned to face him, blushing. It was a bit dark in the taxi, but there was enough light around to take in the sight in front of me.
Nick's hand on top of mine.
That absolutely adorable, reassuring smile on his face that always picks me up when I'm sad.
And of course, that caring, concerned look in his eyes, the one that's filled with passion and makes me believe him when he says that he's always going to be there for me.

Oh screw it, it's worth the risk.

I throw my arms around him and go in for the kiss.
Re: Justis' Fics (Phoenix/Maya) 08/20/11 UpdateTopic%20Title

Sup

haha

this is really good, Maya's thoughts go from kissing to steel samuri to pearls secret cameras

this is gold stuff

Fancy a cuppa?

Maya's internal monolouge made me laugh! I love it! Please update soon!
^Click for link!

Fancy a cuppa?

Maya's internal monolouge made me laugh! I love it! Please update soon!
^Click for link!
Page 5 of 5 [ 172 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony