Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 27 posts ]

BlackWiddow's Fanfics.Topic%20Title

Well, um, it's about time, isn't it? xD

Umm, I'll post some of my fics in here ( If I'll write more...)
I never wrote fics before, argh >.<" Hope you like it anyway.
Favorite couples: Phoenix/Maya, and a little bit Fransizka/Edgeworth... But most of my fics will be Phoenix/Maya, no doubt.
Anyway, welcome my fics :3 For now it's only one though xD
Oh, and I have to say, since my English is really bad, my brother( LoveLess) is helping me woth the English part. Thanks bro.

Title: The Miracle
Author: Me.
Rating: I don't know what it is... T=Teen? So T, yeah.
Genre: Romance :3
Pairing: Phoenix x Maya
Summary: I loooove Hanukah, and it seems that Maya likes it too! That's all I can tell :3

Spoiler:
“Nick!!!” Maya almost shouted as she galloped into the office.
She heard a falling voice, and right after it a shout of pain,
She ran quickly into the living room, and found Phoenix lying on the floor, next to him there’s a chair, lying too.
“What’s the matter with you, Maya?” he said with anger as he stood up, placing the chair in its place, and sat slowly on the sofa.
Maya bowed her head, and then raised it up to Phoenix again. “S-sorry….”
She didn’t feel comfortable with the fact that she made Phoenix wake up at 6 A.M, come to the office, and then make him wait for her two hours, but it seemed she couldn’t wait.
“Your sorry is not helping too much… You are lucky it’s almost Christmas, and I’m in a good mood. So, it’s better be good, whatever you are planning.” He said and smiled at her.
“How did you know?!” she asked him, amazed. ‘Can Nick understand me or something?’
“You had this spark in your eyes as soon as you entered the office, so I guessed you’re up to something, and I can’t argue with you.”
‘Something’s fishy in here. Nick doesn’t argue with me about my plans?’ Maya thought to herself as she looked for something weird about Phoenix, but when she found out nothing was strange, she was relived.
“Well, it’s almost Christmas, but there is this thing that happens today.” She said, and the flames started to burn in her eyes.
He looked at her with a curious look. “What are you talking about?”
Maya took out a present covered with a silver paper and a red ribbon, and served it to Phoenix. “Happy Hanukkah, Nick!” she said, and smiled at him.
“Ha-Hanukah?” he asked, amazed. He took the present from her hands, and slowly opened the present. Inside waited for him a little spinning top, a Hanukkia, a couple of candles, and a lovely greeting.
He smiled. “Thanks, Maya.” His smile made her feel that all the effort was worth something after all. “But, what the hell do you have to do with Hanukah?”
She sighed. “It’s a long story. I met some Jewish kids in the train yesterday, and they told me everything about Hanukkah, and the miracle that happened in Hanukkah, and it’s sooooo cool!” she said, flustered.
“Miracles… what nonsense.” He mumbled. “This is your brilliant plan? Can I go back to bed now?”
“No way, Nick! We need to buy present for everybody! And then we’ll go to eat, and then shopping, and then go back to the office to wrap the presents, and then go and deliver them to everyone, and-“She said, but Phoenix stopped her. “Yeah yeah, I get it. You are so lucky that I love-“he said, but stopped himself immediately, his cheeks turns red.
“Love… What?” she asked and a shiver passed through her body. . ‘It’s impossible, it’s impossible, it’s impossible...’ she thought to herself, but knew that deep down, she was hoping for it to be possible.
“Love the boxers of the Steel Samurai that you are planning to buy for me for Christmas.” He said, and emitted a little sigh of relief, but Maya could hear it clearly.
“Oh.” She said, little disappointed. “Wait, what?!”
“ It’s pretty easy to figure it out when a magazine of the Steel Samurai clothes is laying in the living room, and one pair of boxers are circled in orange, and next to him there’s a note of ‘Nick’s Christmas gift’, you know.”
“Aw, you are so annoying, Nick! For that, you need to take me out for breakfast.” She said, and laughed. Phoenix sighed. “Say thanks I’m even joining you to your Hanukah celebrations…” he smiled at her, and she smiled back. “Come on, let’s go.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix was tired. Maya woke him up early, and he had to buy her breakfast and go shopping with her.
He then wrapped all of the present, and had to deliver them all.
Before they went to deliver the last present for Gumshoe, they went to eat some burgers at their usual spot. If he can do so many things for her, why can’t he tell her anything about the reason for doing it?
These thoughts bothered him as he and Maya were going to the building where Gumshoe lives.
“Nick… this building gives me the creeps.”
This sentence got Phoenix back to reality, and he looked at the building. It was very high, and he felt a little dizzy. “Don’t put the blame on me, it was your idea. Let’s get this over with.” He said, and yawned.
They entered the building, to the main lobby. It was kind of a neglected, which made Phoenix feel even more discomfort. “Gumshoe lives in the ninth floor, doesn’t he?” Maya suddenly said. “Yeah… let’s go already, I don’t feel very comfortable in this place.”
They entered the elevator and he pressed the ninth floor button. The elevator started to rise quickly. “Nick! This elevator is fast!” Maya said, but before she had some fun, the elevator suddenly stopped, and she and Phoenix knocked back. The light came off.
He heard his body slam and Maya’s body slam on the wall of the elevator. His back hurt, but it wasn’t bothering him. Maya got hurt in her head, and lost her consciousness. He checked if she breathed and if her heart was beating. Positive.
He sighed with relief. “She’s okay… lucky me.
He sat her body, and then sat next to her. Her head lay on his shoulder.
“ I guess the elevator is stuck…”
He looked at Maya, and smiled. “I can get along as long as she’s here.”
Without even thinking, he placed his hand on the farther shoulder of Maya, in a way that he hugged her, and laid his head on hears. After doing so, he thought: ‘What am I doing, damn? I’m not allowed to do this.’ And another voice in his head answered him: ‘Nonsense, she won’t even remember. Don’t worry, nothing will happen.’ He sighed. He had no power for unnecessary argues with his inner self, so he just stayed the way he was, and without noticing, he fall asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya woke up in the darkness. She remembered where she is- in the elevator in Gumshoe’s building. She touched her head. “Ouch... my head…” she mumbled.”It seems that the elevator is stuck.”
She felt that her body was leaning on Phoenix’s body. Next, she noticed that his hand was hugging her, touching the further shoulder from him. ‘W-what Nick and I doing like this…?’ she thought to herself, as she felt her cheeks become red.
She checked if Phoenix was alright. He breathed and his heart was beating. She sighed with relief.
She looked at him, and felt her that her heart beating was starting to get faster. ‘Don’t be excited, Maya. It happened by mistake. There’s no way that Nick did something like that.’
‘And you still love him.’ said another voice in her head.
‘B-but what can I do about it?’
‘That’s the point- you can’t. It will not work between you two.
‘I prefer to hope rather then stop loving him.’
In this moment the argue was over, because Phoenix’s eyes slowly opened. He yawned, and rubbed his eyes.
“Good morning, sleepy- guy.” She said and laughed.
“M-Maya…” He mumbled. “I can explain.”
She smiled at him. “You don’t need to, Nick.”
“So, everything is alright with you?” asked Phoenix after a couple of seconds.
“I’m fine. After all, I’m with you.” Maya answered him.
‘Miss Maya Fey! What the heck do you think your doing?!’ shouted a voice in her head, but she ignored him. In this moment, Nick and her was alone in the world.
“M-Maya…”
Maya felt she had to do something that it can’t just end like that. She raised her body a little, and Phoenix bowed his head to her. They were a second away from pressing their lips to the other…
And then the elevator start moving and the light turned on.
“So!” Maya said, jumping out of Phoenix’s arms to a standing position. “After we’ll finish with Gumshoe, will you take me out for burgers? It must be late, and I’m starving.”
‘Good job Maya. You finally had the chance, and you flinched. It will never happen. I hope that Nick will forget about it…’ she thought to herself.
“Umm…” Phoenix said, and checked the hour in his cell phone. “its 6 P.M now, so I’ll take you out to eat and you go back to Kurain.” He stood up. “Why to Kurain?” she asked, hoping that she can stay with Phoenix for one night, maybe something will happen.
“It’s almost Christmas, and you need a vacation.” He said, and it sounds like he was trying to avoid talking about this topic. “Okay…” ‘This moment, the Phoenix Wright train has left the last station.’

--------------------------------------------

Phoenix accompanied Maya to the train station. No one was around, and it seems that no one was in the train station either. He felt uncomfortable. A mood of tension was in the air. What happened today in the elevator…? He felt confused. What happened there, anyway?
It seemed like Maya was about to kiss him, but she stopped right after the lights turned on. He hurt himself when he told her to go on a vacation. He was the one who needed a vacation, to try and avoid his feelings for her. ‘I won’t get anymore chances with Maya... Dang it. ’ He thought to himself, while they reached to the paved road in front of the train station.
“Our ways separate here. Call me Nick, okay?” said Maya, and smiled at him.
“Sure.” He felt that their ways were really about to separate at that moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maya walked to the other side of the road, depressed. She felt that at this moment, her heart will disconnect from Phoenix’s heart forever. And in the second that she planned to go on the side walk, she felt like someone grabbed her, pulling her to the red brick wall of the train station, and place her next to it.
She had no time to do anything, because she focused on the strong arms that held her shoulders, and the soft lips that pressed her gently.
She saw in front of her none other than Phoenix Wright himself.
She closed her eyes, as she kissed her Nick, and she felt he kissed her back. After a few seconds, she pulled her lips from Nick’s ones.
Silence.
For a couple of seconds they just looked at each other, breathing heavily. These moments will be ones that Maya will never forget.
“I guess that Hanukah miracles can really happen, like the one happened now.” He said, and smiled.
“What miracle are you talking about?” She answered, but she knew exactly what he talked about.
“Well, the miracle that I had the courage to come to you and tell you that I love you.”
“Well, miracles are a good thing, so I’ll tell you that I love you too.
He smiled at her, and she smiled at him.
. “I told you that Hanukah is cool.” Maya said, and laughed.
“What’s that true is true.” Phoenix answered, and laughed too.
She began to kiss him again, and after a little wild kiss, he was the one who pulled off.
“Happy Hanukah, Maya.”
“Happy Hanukah to you too, Nick.”

Have fun? I guess...
Re: BlackWiddow's Fanfics.Topic%20Title

This is awesome! moar plox!

That was awesome, Blackwiddow. :phoenix: It was really good for your first fanfic ever, well written (thank your brother for me!) and a good plot. Also; ''You are so lucky that I love-'', was funny to see Phoenix saving himself there. =p (which he did quite well, I suppose)
减仓

Rebirth

It was well executed for a first attempt. What I especially like about this is that it was an innocent festive concept that of course Phoenix had to tag along with. How something as an elevator getting stuck could make them slowly realize their feelings for each other. Their inner thoughts was a blessing to read and process.

[Words]

I liked it quite a bit. It was very good, made even better by the fact that this was your first fic, and I genuinely enjoyed reading it. You've got the gift of fic writing, so I think you should write more, if you're up to it.

The Twisted Samurai

I like it
Keep up the fine work
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

That was all very sweet. Thanks for writing this! :shoe:
I can also picture Maya suddenly deciding to celebrate a random holiday...
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

The Twisted Samurai

icer wrote:
I can also picture Maya suddenly deciding to celebrate a random holiday...

Me too
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Thanks for all, awesome reviews. Be sure I'll write more because of your comments.
The next fic will be posted in 2 weeks, I hope... I'm so busy lately >.<"
It will take place in AJ's timeline, even though I never played AJ, lol. I'll try my best.

really well written, you have a gift for writing :will:
Sig.

*I'm under the table... Why do I always feel bad before posting a fic?*

Title: So Little.
Author: The girl who hides under the table~
Rating: Teen, I think.
Genre: Romance, no doubt.
Pairing: Phoenix x Maya
Summary: Wow, I doubt I can say something without giving a spoiler. Umm....
The little thing that changed all, what do you think it is?

Spoiler:
So sudden, so little, so unimportant, but all along with it, it was so meaningful.
The darkness enclosed Maya, making it hard to breath. She didn't care anymore; in fact, she didn't care about anything this moment.
It all started yesterday. She recalled everything that happened.

"Um, uh, Maya… I have a favor to ask." Said Phoenix to her as the episode of "The Steel Samurai" ended.
"Sure, what is it, Nick?" She answered.
"Um, it's a little hard to describe… Tomorrow, there is a big convention of lawyers and the police, and it's the best you come with a couple. So I need you to be my 'Girlfriend' for that convention… You know, not something big. We need to go on stage as a couple, and hug and kiss each other on the cheek. Not more, so… I thought you could do it… Um ... Okay?" he said uncomfortably
"Whaaaat? Oh, I mean, I'll do it… But I have to ask Max first."
She had no idea why she agreed. She was sure it's a big lie (And it was the truth in the matter of fact,) and, she thought it would be nice, trying to be Nick's girlfriend for one day.
She had to ask Max first, her current boyfriend. Their relationship was pretty good, it was open and fun. She knew he wanted to propose to her soon, so before she has any ring, she wanted to try something else. Why not? Even though she considered him as her big brother, trying can’t be a bad thing, can it? That's what she thought that time, at least.
Max agreed, of course. He wasn't afraid that something will happen at all- he trusted Maya. But he needed to be afraid.
Phoenix smiled at her with joy as soon as she ended the phone call, and told him Max accepts.
"So… what is this convention, anyway?" She asked him for details.
"Well… It's happens ones in 5 years, and it is made for couples, to cheer up lawyers and officers to find a date. Most of them doesn't have one, it seems
It's very important and I really need to get there… So thanks, Maya." He said, and smiled again. Maya never saw Phoenix smiling so much in one day (Except for the next day.)
She smiled at him too. "Tell me more details. Who is Edgeworth's date?"
"I guess that Franziska."
"It would be so funny to watch these two together! She would whip him all day long, instead whipping you, Nick! Be grateful."
"I'm grateful of something else… Never mind." He mumbled.
"But why me?"
"Because… It will be troublesome to find someone to go with right now; I don't really want a relationship. I thought it would be the best that you will be my 'date', because nothing will happen between us after the convention ends."
"Be sure of it, you pervert." She said and laughed.
"Hey!!!"

Maya never realized why. Why phoenix wanted to go with her? Why did she accept the invitation? Why did Max agreed? Why in that moment, when Phoenix smiled at her, she felt so far away from Max, and wanted to be only with Phoenix? Max was the first one she dated, the first one she kissed, the first one she had slept with… So dang it, why?!
The answer never came.

That day was full of fun. Phoenix watched TV with her, and they went out for bowling and burgers. It was a little practice for tomorrow, she guessed, because when they came back to the office, he hugged her and kissed her on the forehead. "This day was on me. I just have to get to this convention, and I'll get there because of you. This day will return the favor, okay?" he said and looked deep into her eyes.
His look melted her, and made her shiver. "Fine… but you owe me another burger, tomorrow, after the convention. That will do." She answered and laughed. She hugged him back.
When she got to bed (After giving Phoenix a kiss on the cheek for good night) she realized something- in that day, she didn't think about Max at all. She was focused on Phoenix 100 percent.
She never understood why- that question became so troublesome lately. Maya used it a lot. She fell into a fast sleep with smile on her face, thinking about the next day.

And the next day came soon enough, with the convention. It was even more than great. They hugged each other, kissed each other on the cheek, forehead, and even on the nose. Phoenix talked to some very important business men as he gave Maya a piggy ride.
Watching Edgeworth and Von Karma together was very funny. They didn't even hug once. They just walked together with red face all day long.
Maya never had so much fun in one day. Nick was all hers, not anyone else’s. She never had that much fun with Max., if she thinks back now. Even not on the date of their first kiss. And again, she didn't thought about Max even once.
The main show of the day has begun- "It's Show Time!" In this show, each of the couples that came to the convention needed to show themselves to all of the others (There were some lawyers and officers without a date; but most of them had one.)
It was Maya and Phoenix's turn. They decided that he goes up on stage, shouts "Objection!" and then Maya jumps on his back. It all happened- too quickly."Now look at this lovely couple- Phoenix Wright and his assistant, Maya Fey!"
Phoenix shouted:" Objection!" and Maya jumped on his back afterwards. He looked on her, and she looked on him, and suddenly, without her even realize how, their lips met each other.
His eyes were closed, and so did hers, and the feeling of his lips on hers… She didn't even know what to think. He promised her that there will be no kisses on the lips, and yet, he pressed his lips against hers, and she pressed hers against his.
After a few seconds, she pulled. She opened her eyes, and so did he. He breathed heavily. Once again, their looks met each other. They went down to the stage, and that moment Maya realized what she has done. She ran as fast as she could, she didn't know where to, she didn't know why, she just ran. She wanted to run away from her life.

And that's it. That's how she ended up in a dark, empty room. She sat on the floor, her knees close to her chest, and her head between them. She was crying.
She didn't know why she cried, but she did. She decided that she would hate the word "Why".
The fact that Phoenix kissed her… She didn’t know why, but it made her have a mental breakdown.
Everything has become clear to her now- She lived in a lie. She thought her life was perfect- She had Max, a great boyfriend, she had Nick, a great best friend, she had Pearly, a great cousin (Who’s she treated like a little sister), great friends- everything was great.
But nothing was great.
First of all, she almost forgot about the fact that she will have to leave to be the Master of Kurain soon.
She didn't want to leave- she liked her life, that fake life she built to protect herself from the truth. Since her mom's death, she tried to avoid as much as possible the fact that she is a spirit medium (Even though she still wore her acolyte uniform,) and the fact that she need to become the Master of Kurain.
Second, Phoenix's feelings for her. He was her best friend, her big brother, her angel who always cared and saved her from troubles. She was sure he felt the same for her, but it turned out it was not even close. He liked her- she was sure of it right now. She thought back of all the times they've been through together- His second case, the beginning of their wonderful friendship, her leaving to Kurain, her coming back to Phoenix, Matt Engrade's case, and the list is endless.
He gave her all the hints- but she was blind. And to think that she told him so much about Max… Ew. She felt so bad.
Last, the fact that she dated the wrong person.
The fact that she thought about that surprised even herself.
That's right, Max was great- he was childish and playful, liked samurais, and his blond, long, hair, and his brown eyes seemed perfect for her.
But it wasn't. He was like her brother- he was her soul twin. But he wasn't her lover at all. He was like her. A Maya, just a man. She realized who her real lover is.
She was so confused right now, even though she faced reality. Reality is complicated.
She needed to concentrate; she wanted to realize what she really though right now.
She remembered an old training of mediums which helps you to do that. Say out loud the three or four words that jump in your head as soon as you start the training and repeat them.
She began, and three little words jumped to her head, with a little add.
She started to say these words in her head. She moved her lips, but she couldn't say them yet. Just in her head.
Three little words with a little add were so strong, so powerful, and so meaningful.
The words scooted the darkness, but they didn't bring light. In front of Maya was simply nothing.
She kept saying them in her head, and kept moving her lips. The words didn't come out.
Suddenly, a ray of light blasted into the room as a spiky head peeked into the room. Phoenix came into the room, and closed the door after that. But the light stayed with her. He came closer to her, and sat in front of her on his knees. She lifted up her head, trying to stop her tears, still moving her lips and thinking of these three little words with the little adding.
He placed his hands on her shoulders, and looked deep into her eyes. Their heads was so close to each other. She could feel his forehead resting on hers, and his warm breathes.
She kept crying. His nose was pressed against hers, and again, without her even realizing how, their lips met each other. If he was the one who pressed his lips against hers, or it was her who pressed her lips against his, it didn't matter anymore.
He kissed her, and she kissed him back.
They broke for air. He again looked at her. She breathed heavily, but she kept moving her lips, this time, mumbling these words.
He pressed her head gently against his shoulder, so her tears were swollen in his shirt, and hugged her
"I love you, Maya. And I always did."
Finally, she felt like she could say these three little words with the little addition out loud:
"I love you, Nick."

A spirit possessor of a thousand souls

Wow, that's a awesome. I don't see a whole lot of mistakes, but these are FANTASTIC. The Franziska and Edgeworth walking around all day with red faces made we laugh... They must not like each other.

This is awesome! moar plox!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your fanfiction, Widdow. It was sweet, and I just love to read ffics from Maya's perspective. :maya: You're getting better, keep it up! One little remark though, it was a little strange to see Maya use 'Phoenix' as his nickname, she basically never calls him that, mostly Nick. (a change can't hurt though =)) Although I got used to it later in your fanfic. :)
减仓

A spirit possessor of a thousand souls

Floran wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your fanfiction, Widdow. It was sweet, and I just love to read ffics from Maya's perspective. :maya: You're getting better, keep it up! One little remark though, it was a little strange to see Maya use 'Phoenix' as his nickname, she basically never calls him that, mostly Nick. (a change can't hurt though =)) Although I got used to it later in your fanfic. :)

I have to agree with you, Floran. I really look foward to more of these.

[Words]

Agreed. Great fic, Widdow.
Only problem was at first I thought you were talking about Max Galactica.
Gah...

/人◕‿‿◕人\

Squee, Phoenix/Maya fic! 8D I really enjoyed your second one :3 Keep writing fics ^^
~Fanfiction~
"No. Men should die for lies. But the truth is too precious to die for."
-Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

Well, with a HUGE late, my Xmas fic is here ^^

Title: Merry (Little) Christmas
Author: ME.
Rating: Teen, teen, teen. (WHAT?! Blame Nick for being a pervert, not me.)
Genre: Comedy, I think. And um... That's the only genre I can think about. Kids maybe?
Pairing: I highly doubt that it's PhoenixXMaya.
Summary: It's Christmas eve, and 14-years-old Phoenix is going to his first dance. But well, as usual, his plans are screwed up. And you all know well by who...

Spoiler:
Phoenix walked fast. There was no way that he would miss that Christmas dance. It was his first dance, and he had a date!
His black tuxedo almost got wet because of a car that drove into a puddle.
"Curses …" he mumbled.
Only five minutes to get to the dance!
'What's wrong with my parents? I ate dinner with them and sang some songs, why do I have to stay with them for the whole night? And that Larry, darn it. He could help me and drive me to the dance with him!' he thought to himself.
Two minutes and he's there.
Suddenly, he heard someone's crying.
He turned around.
A little girl was sitting in the other side of the street's sidewalk. Her clothes were rather strange; It looked like she was wearing a pink, short, dress, and on it a purple sweater.
Her hair was black; she had a short ponytail in the back, and a pony on her forehead. Her face was in her hands, and she was shivering.
Phoenix couldn't just keep walking and do nothing. It was cold, and she seemed lost. ‘Stupid sense of justice.’
He sighed, and walked to the little girl. He sat next to her, and put his hand on her head.
"Are you okay?" he asked.
"S-sis is gone…" she mumbled.
He could barely understand her. "Your sis is gone?"
"Y-yes…"
"Do you want to go to the police?"
"No! I want to stay here and wait for sis!"
Her crying got louder.
"A little piece of snow fell on his hand, and soon, the snow was falling down fast.
He looked at his watch. 10 P.M. The dance is starting. He sighed again.
"Listen, it's snowing. I can't leave you her alone. Come to the police station, fast, you'll freeze to death here." He said and got up.
"No! I'm staying here!" she said, ad looked straight into his look. She had really deep, grey-black eyes, full of tears.
"You are not going to stay here. Come to my house, and we'll call to the police there. They'll find your sis. Okay?" he said and bowed to her.
She wiped her tears and nodded.
Phoenix picked up the little girl and she put her head on his shoulder.
'There goes my first dance…' he thought. He started to walk towards his house.
"So, how did you get lost?" he asked her.
"Sis and I walked together and I stopped to see something in the store, and then she was gone." She answered, and he felt that she's starting to cry again. He wiped her tears.
"Don't worry, we'll find her."
'Ask other questions, Phoenix… You just met her.' He thought.
"So, what is your name?" he asked again.
"Maya. And yours?"
"Phoenix."
"That's a weird name. Don't you have a nickname or something?"
"Well, my best friend calls me Nick."
"I love Nick. From now on, you are Nick."
Maya lifted her head, and looked on his hair. After a meanwhile, she started touching it.
"Your hair is weird." She said, still playing with it.
"It's natural, you know."
"Your hair is spiky but soft. I wonder why."
"I don't know, but I'm grateful for that when I put shampoo on it."
"Cool! I want to try once too."
Phoenix gasped. Some really weird thoughts passed through his head. The first girl who wants to bath with him is a little girl, maybe five years old.
"Any-way…" he said, running away from his thoughts."What's with these weird clothes?"
"They're not weird! It's Kurain's tradition clothes!" she almost shouted.
"Say what?"
The kept talking until they got to his house.
He opened the door, and the house was dark. 'Sure, my parents are sleeping instead of having their "Family time" in Christmas.' He thought to himself. Little Maya jumped on the couch in the living room, and he gave her a warm blanket. After reporting to the police about her sister (Mia Fey, 17 years old. Due to her description, she must be hot,)
He went to make for both of them some hot chocolate. When he finished, he gave Maya the cup, and he turned on the TV. An old movie about samurais was in the movie channel.
Her eyes got wider. "What is this cool thing?" she asked.
"This is, um, samurais.”He said.
They watched the movie until they finished drinking the hot chocolate. "Samurais are awesome, Nick!" she said.
"I don't like them so much. I know about them only because of my best friend."
"Stop being so boring. There is so much action!"
'The girl has some guts…' he thought.
"So, Maya, how old are you?"
"Seven."
"Heh, just like my little sister."
Phoenix looked again on her clothes, and asked her: "Do you want some hot clothes? I think you and my little sis are the same size."
"Um… *Achoo* O-okay…"
He took some warm clothes from his sister's closet and brought them to Maya. She looked at the clothes and then at him.
"What is it?" he asked.
"I need you to help me to get dressed."
He almost fell when he heard that.
"WHHHAAAT?!" he shouted.
"What 'what?' I can't dress alone."
"But, um, listen, I can't see you na-"
"Nick, I just need to put the warm clothes on my clothes. I can’t see the problem here.”
“Oh. I knew it!”
He walked to her, and helped her put the warm clothes.
‘Geez, she’s just a little girl. Relax a little.’ He thought to himself. ‘Stop being such a pervert.’
‘Well, it is hard when Larry is your best friend.’ He answered himself.
After he finished, a huge smile was smug over her face.
She wore a purple hat, grey-black sweater that reminded of her eyes and purple pants too.
She had a pair of grey gloves, and a purple scarf.
“Why are you so happy now?” he asked.
“I can go and look for sis with you!” she said happily.
“No, no, no. We can’t go out now, and to tell you the truth, I don’t really want to.” He said and sat heavily on the couch.
“Why not?” she sat next to him.
“Because right now, I should be at my first dance with that girl that I have no idea how Larry got me a date with her. And she’s really cute and all…” he said sadly.
“If she’s that cute, she’ll wait for you. I bet that you’re not less cute than her.”
“Yeah, I know… And yet, I’m depressed. I missed my first date because… I don’t know why.”
“It’s because of me, and I’m really sorry, Nick. I didn’t know… you can go to her if you want.”
He looked at his watch. The hour was 11.
“It’s no use. She’s probably with someone else right now. “
“Hey, if she did not wait for you, it means that she does not worth it.”
She hugged him, and he hugged her back.
“Thanks, Maya, you really cheered me up.”
“Sure, Nick.”
“You are really mature for your age, you know.”
“Don’t undestimate me only because I’m a little child.”
“The word you’re looking for is ‘underestimate.’
“Yeah, that one.”
They both laughed.
“I should thank you too, Nick.” She said and hugged him tighter. “You are the best.”
He looked at her, and smiled. He put his hand on her head. “You are a great girl too, Maya. I’m sure you’ll grow up to be a great person.”
“I’m sure you’ll grow up to be great too, but I’ll always love you, Nick.”
Surprised and amazed too, Phoenix didn’t understand how the little girl said those three words so easily. Well, yeah, she was a little kid, and yet, there was something real in what she said.
“Aww, I love you too, little M.”
“Little M? But I’m big!” Maya said out loud.
“Shhh… My parents are sleeping. And, big M is for McDonalds, you know.”
“What is McDonalds?”
“Well, it’s a fast food restaurant which sells mainly burgers...”
“What is fast food? And burgers?”
He was shocked. There was a person in the world who doesn’t know what burgers are?!
“Come, I’ll take you out to eat some burgers, and I’ll explain to you some things on the real world too. Then we’ll go and search for your sister. Okay?”
“Okay.” She said, and went to wear her sandals.
He took a coat, a scarf, and gloves for himself, and he went out with her to eat some burgers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wow, I’m full. I think I won’t eat for the rest of the week.” Maya mumbled when she walked outside of the restaurant.
“Well, you ate two burgers. That’s a lot for your age.” Phoenix answered.
“So, this is fast food?” she asked him.
“Basically, yeah.” He said.
“Burgers are tasty, Nick. I wonder if they will ever make a combination of burgers and samurais… that could be awesome.”
She held his hand, and he held it back.
“Well…. I don’t think you can put together these two.”
“Why not? The two of them are awesome, so… I have an idea! “She shouted.
She pulled him after her to the sidewalk with the snow on it. She bowed, and painted something on the snow.
“You see this, Nick?” she painted on her picture. A… samurai, yeah, that was it, was holding burgers in his arm, and threw them on some… random enemies.
“The Burger Samurai!” she yelled happily.
“Now that’s… nice.” He said and smiled at her.
“You really think so?”
“Of course. Why would I lie to you?”
“I don’t know. Sis sometimes lies to me because she doesn’t want to hurt me or something, and I can see it. It’s annoying. “
“Well, I never lied. “
“Never ever?”
“Never ever.”
“Then you’re a good boy, Nick. Good job.”
He laughed.
“Thanks.”
She took some snow into her hand. “What is this, Nick?”
“Um, this? This is snow. “
“So this is snow… it’s so white, and so pure.”
“You never saw snow before?”
“Nope.”
“Well, it’s time that you two will meet. Snow, Maya. Maya, snow.”
“Hey there snow!” she said and laughed. She started playing in the snow, and Nick just watched her from the side.
After a minute or two, he joined her.
“Hey, do you want me to teach you how to make a snowball?” he asked.
“Snowball?” a little gleam went in her eye.
“Yeah. Check this out.”
He made a perfect snowball, and gave it to her.
“Now throw it.”
She looked at him, confused.
“But you worked so hard, why should I throw it?”
“Because that’s what you do with snowballs.”
“Fine… I want to throw it at that tree.” She said, and pointed on a decorated Christmas tree.
“Okay? You can throw it on whatever you want.” He went with her to the tree, and she threw the ball on it. She slipped a little when she threw it, and he caught her from the back.
“Slow down, little M.” he said, and helped her stand up again.
“Thanks, Nick.” she said, and a little yawn came out of her mouth afterwards.
He looked at the white-green tree, and smiled.
“Now, that’s what I call a merry Christmas.”
She laughed.
“I guess.”
They both watched the tree for a couple of second, and she put her little hand in his.
Right after it, his phone rang.
It was the police- they found Mia.
“Well, the police found your sister. Come, I’ll pick you up to the station.”
Maya just nodded, and Phoenix picked her up. She put her head on his shoulder again.
“I’m tired, Nick.”
“Don’t worry, you’ll soon be home.”
He started walking, and the two didn’t say a word until they got to the station.
A policeman and a teenager were standing outside of the station. “Maya!” the girl shouted, and she jumped out of his hands towards the girl. “Sis!!!!” she shouted. The child jumped on the adult, and they hugged for a lot of time.
‘Um, that’s it for now?’ he thought to himself, and turned around to his house.
“Please wait, um…” the teenager said.
“Um, sure.”
Maya went inside the station with her sister to change her clothes, and when they got outside, his little sis’ clothes were packed in a bag. The policeman asked Maya some questions, when the teenager went to talk to him.
“You must be Mia, right?” he asked. (‘Well, you don’t see any other hotty in here.’)
“Yeah, the one and only.” Mia said, and laughed. “And you are Nick?”
“The name’s Phoenix.”
“Oh, sorry about that.”
“It’s okay.”
She smiled like she was in another world right now.
“How may I thank you for taking care of my sis?” she asked him with eyes full of hope.
He had tons of answers in his head, but he wanted only one.
“Just… make sure that she’ll grow up to be a great person, and come to meet me once in a while with her.”
“Don’t worry; I’m sure she’ll do this without you asking for it.”
Maya ran back to Mia, and hugged her leg.
“Sis, are we going home now?”
“Yeah, we are going to sleep. Now, say a nice goodbye for Mr. Nick, okay?”
“Okay sis.”
“I’ll leave you two alone.” She said, laughed, and went to talk with the officer.
Phoenix bowed his knees so he would be at Maya’s height.
He took the purple hat from the bag, and put it on her head.
“This is a present from me. Keep it.” He said.
“But I don’t have any present for you…”
“It’s OK.”
“Nick, may I ask you a question?”
“Sure, go ahead.”
“Will you remember me forever and ever?”
“Just trust me, I will.”
“And you will love me forever and ever?”
“Forever and ever.”
“Promise?”
“Promise.”
“Good... I was worried.” She hugged him.
“Don’t worry, little M. “He hugged her back.
“Maya! Are you coming?” Mia shouted.
“Yeah sis, just a sec!” she answered with a shout.
She started going back to Mia, not before giving him a little kiss on his nose.
“Goodbye Nick, merry Christmas! I hope Santa will bring you a huge present!” she said.
“Merry Christmas, Maya, I hope so too. And take care of The Burger Samurai!” He said and laughed when she turned and ran to her sis.
“Sure!” she answered, and the two girls started walking.
He just smiled when he turned to go to his home, because he knew that Santa wouldn’t need to visit him this year.

[Words]

Aww...how sweet. It's typical Nick to help a little girl even on hsi big night, the huge softie he is. I also find it hilarious that Nick's the one who introduced Maya to burgers. He's going to regret that in about 10 years...
Great fic.

:)

Aww, that was a lovely fic. So sweet. <3

o3o

I loooveee themmmmmmmmmmm! <3
Congratulations for your work
Please, write moree! :pearl-blush:

BlackWiddow wrote:
Title: Merry (Little) Christmas

Oh, this was really cute.
I don't think I've seen fic of them as kids before.

Hehe, all three fics are really cute - my favourite is the one with 7 year old Maya, it's totally adorable! And I love how Maya randomly decided to celebrate Hanukah! :maya:

*BOOM BOOM*
Me, writing a MayaXHobo fic? I never thought that day would come, but well... it did.

Title: Children's Game
Author: Unfortunately, me.
Rating: T becuase of the last chapter. K+ for the first and the second.
Pairing: PhoenixXMaya.
Summary: Nick is coming for a visit at Kurain, and finds himself in a kindergarten, doing anything to fight over Maya's heart versus... a little kid.

Spoiler: Chapter 1
Phoenix passed the gates of Kurain Village, and took a deep breath. After a really long time, he will get to see Maya!
It was a surprise, though.
"Mr. Nick!" he suddenly heard, and as he was turning around, Pearls jumped on him and hugged him.
"Hey there, Pearls." He said and hugged the teenager back.
"Did you come to visit your special someone?"
"Well, I also came to visit you. You grew up since the last time I saw you."
"It was six months ago, and I didn't grow up at all."
"But you had a boyfriend. What's up with him?"
Pearl blushed. "Well… he's… okay…"
Phoenix laughed. "If you don't wanna tell, so don't. Anyway, where's Maya? She doesn't know I need to come."
"Mystic Maya is in the kindergarten today, she's teaching."
"And, how do I get there?"
Pearl showed Phoenix the way, and even walked him there (And of course, she was talking about how romantic he is and how romantic he should be all the time.)
After he said goodbye, he entered the class.
It looked like a completely regular class - toys all around, chairs next to tables with pages and colours on it, and a little black board.
Kids, of course, were everywhere, messing with everything. The girls were wearing the acolyte uniform, and the boys, surprisingly, were wearing normal clothes.
One kid stared at Phoenix.
"Hey. Do you know where Maya is?"
The kid started to run towards a white floor, with a sign which said "Bathroom" on it.
"Mystic Maya! There's a scary hobo and he entered the class!" he shouted as he entered the bathroom.
'I'm not a hobo, and I'm not scary…' Phoenix thought.
After a couple of seconds, Maya went out from the bathroom, and the kid from before was in her hands.
He looked at Phoenix with a huge smile on her face, and he sent it back.
"Don't worry; he's just a friend of mine. Now go back to your place, Peter, okay? Play with your friends."
She put the kid on the ground, and then ran to Phoenix. Right before she jumped at him, he opened his hands to receive her hug, and then embraced her back.
"What are you doing here?" she whispered.
"I can go if I'm being a bother."
"Please don't. I missed you so much."
"I missed you too."
They let go of each other.
"So, what are you doing here?" he asked her.
She sighed. "The parents at the village are saying that I don't give much attention to the little kids, so I decided to come here for a couple of days. This is my second day. And man, it's hard."
He laughed. "I'll help you today. I'm good with little kids."
She looked at him with curious. "Oh really? What about Cody Hackins?"
"What about Pearl?"
"Pearl doesn’t count. She knew about you before she met you. These kids don’t."
"Oh, you didn't talk about me with them all day already?"
"Hey!" Maya made her famous puffy face, and punched Phoenix in the arm.
"That wasn't very nice, you know."
"What? It's the truth."
Still puffy face.
"No it's not!"
'Yet.'
"Except, I'm a scary hobo. Scary hobos aren't nice."
She laughed. "Scary hobos aren't welcome in Kurain, and yet you are here."
"Fine, so I'm not a scary hobo, so I'm nice, so I can help you, can't I?"
She sighed. "Fine, fine."
"Kids!" she shouted and slammed a little table once. "Order in the class!"
All the kids set around the tables, or on the floor, in front of Maya and Phoenix.
'How nostalgic is that.'
"Today, we have a guest in the garden. Please meet Mr. Nick."
"Hello Mr. Nick!" the kids said together.
"Hey there kiddos."
"Mr. Nick will be my assistant, so if you need something and I'm busy, ask him, okay?"
"Okay."
"Class is adjourned."
All the kids went back to their businesses, and Phoenix asked:"So, what do I do first?"
Maya thought for a second.
"Listen. Remember the kid from before?"
"The one who thought I'm a hobo?"
"Yeah. He's a little troublesome, so it would be nice if you were next to him all day."
'That's it? Or he's really troublesome, or Maya is being nice to me. But how troublesome can a little boy be?'
"Sure."
Nick turned around and walked to the kid. But Maya entered his way.
"Nick?"
"Yeah?"
"Good luck."
"Thanks."
Phoenix sat down next to that Peter. He sat alone next to a table and it seemed like he was drawing something.
The kid was wearing dark blue jeans, and a grey simple sweater. He had black spikey hair (and you could simply see it was made with some hair gel.)
"Hey."
Peter looked at Phoenix.
"Hey there, hobo dude."
"I'm not a hobo."
Peter raised his eyebrow. "So what's with the hobo suit?"
"It's comfortable."
"That's what they all say."
Phoenix sighed. "Listen, Peter. I'm older than you. Please respect me. I'm here to help you today. So, what are you drawing?"
Peter covered the picture with his arms. "It's none of your business, and I don't care you are older than me."
"C'mon, show me. I promise I won't laugh."
"I don't care of you."
Phoenix raised an eyebrow.
"No wonder you have no friends."
Peter looked at Phoenix with anger.
"I do have friends! But they're older. They learn at high-school here."
"High-school? Why are you hanging out with teenagers?"
"Because I'm much older than anyone in here. Even you."
"And even Mystic Maya?"
"Yeah."
'Geez, what a snob.'
Phoenix looked again at the picture, and Peter wasn't covering it, so he quickly grabbed it and stood up.
"HEY! GIVE THAT BACK!" peter shouted, trying to jump and reach the page, but for nothing.
"Hmm…" Phoenix said, and sat back on the chair again. He gave the picture back to Peter.
"So, I see you have a crush on Mystic Maya."
Peter blushed. "Yes… No one knows it. Not even my friends." He whispered.
"It's fine to be in love… But she's a little old for you, don't you think?"
"And she's a little too young for you. So what?"
Phoenix was surprised. "What are you talking about?"
"Come on. I can see that you have a crush on Mystic Maya too."
'Whaaaaaaaaat?!'
"I have no idea what are you talking about." He said quickly, moving his stare to somewhere else, and by mistake, his look moved to Maya. He blushed.
Peter smiled. "I told you I'm older than others. I understand about these topics."
Phoenix looked back at Peter. 'I guess little kids can sense love or something like that.'
He decided to play along. "Okay, I admit it. But let's keep our secrets- I won't tell if you don't."
Peter smiled with victory. "Yeah, but I have no problem telling Mystic Maya that I love her, I'm just a 'little kid.' But you do, you are a good friend of her, aren't you?"
Phoenix bit his lower lip. 'The kid has a point, dang it. I must find his weak spot… Wait, I got it!'
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."
"If you'll tell Mystic Maya, I'll tell to all of the kids in the class. They'll laugh at you. A lot."
Peter was shocked, but fast enough, he got on the track again.
"Fine. I dare you!"
"Fine. We'll see who will break up first."
"Remember- If you do anything bad to me, I'll tell on you."
"Same goes here."
Peter wrote something on the page, and then shouted: "Mystic Maya!"
After a few seconds Maya came to the place. She threw an I-told-you stare at Phoenix, and then said:" What is it, Peter?"
Peter gave Maya the page he wrote on. "Mr. Nick wrote this down and I don't know what it says."
She was shocked. "Nick... You did not."
She showed him the page. It had some really bad words on it; Phoenix was afraid to say them out loud.
Peter looked at him with a sad smile; But Phoenix could see the little devilish smile behind of it. He was nervous, and couldn't blame him.
"It's my fault, Maya."
"I know it is, Nick. A little kid wouldn't say those words. Now please go to the corner as a punishment."
"WHAT THE-"
"NOW!"
Phoenix looked at Peter, and sighed.
"Fine, Mystic Maya."
He stood at the corner of the class, feeling really ashamed of himself. He can't stand against a 7-years-old kid?!
He wanted revenge. Peter was drawing quietly in his place.
"Breakfast time, kids!"
All the kids went to the entrance of the class, where the bags where. They took their sandwiches out of the bags, and sat to eat, each kid in his place.
Suddenly, Phoenix had an idea.
He bowed to the kid that sat closest to him, and asked: "Can I have a part of your sandwich? I'm really hungry."
"Sure." The kid said and gave Phoenix a little piece of his sandwich.
He aimed, and while Maya wasn't looking, he threw the piece at Peter.
It hit him. Straight in the face.
It took Peter a second or two to realize what just happened, and then he stood up, and shouted: "OKAY, WHO DID THAT?!"
He threw pieces of his sandwich randomly to everywhere, and soon enough, there was a food fight.
Maya ran in panic, trying to stop the food fight.
Phoenix took his chance, stood in the middle of the room, and shouted as loud as he can: "STOP!!!"
All the kids dropped the "weapons" and sat calmly on the floor.
"Good. Now, who started the food fight?"
Dead silence.
He looked at everyone, and in the end, at Peter.
Maya looked at him, and nodded to confirm that what he's doing is okay.
"Anyone?"
Peter stood up.
"It was me."
All the kids and Maya looked at Peter.
"No more questions."
"Peter, do you have something to say to your defense?"
"I'm ready to clean up the mess."
Maya smiled. "Good boy. And the rest of the kids, you can go and play in the yard."
"YAY!" the kids said and ran outside. Phoenix wanted to follow them, but Maya stopped them.
"Not you, Mr. Nick."
Phoenix stopped. All the kids were outside already; just him, Maya, and Peter were inside the class.
"Why not?" he asked her.
"You did a lot of troubles." She said and smiled. "Someone got back to the first grade, I see."
Phoenix sighed. "This place affected me a lot, I guess."
She laughed. "Come on, Nick. You stay here and help Peter to clean up the mess. You are in charge of him, after all."
"But-"
"No 'buts'."
"That's not fair, Aunt Maya!" He said in a childish voice.
Maya pinched his cheek. "You blamed him for something you did. That's not fair too."
He sighed, and as he opened his mouth to speak, Maya put a finger on his lips.
"Be a good boy for me, okay?"
"Fine…"
"Good." She gave him a little kiss on the nose and on the cheek, and went out to the yard.
Peter stared at him, and Phoenix pulled out his tongue at him.

Don't ask why do I have something with little kids. I just... have it.

o3o

That's nice
I simply love the part when Maya said him that he had to be a good boy :D
Phoenix at the corner must be a very funny scene XD!

Well this is an interesting idea.
And it's multichapter! Good, waiting for more.

You'd better be nice to Mr. Judge!

Nice fic! I hope the next chapter will be up soon.

Well I'll publish the next part of the fanfic in a day or two, but for the meanwhile, here's an after 2-4 (Good ending) fic I wrote. It took me tons of time.

Title: His world.
Author: Me.
Rating: K+, I don't see a reason why not.
Pairing: PhoenixXMaya heavily impiled.
Summary: Nick and Maya's feeling for each other feels weird after her kidnapping. What will the two do?

Spoiler: IT'S LONG!
Three days without sleeping, three days full of fears, three days that he didn't see her in, and now he can do it all.

But something was wrong.

Phoenix looked at the girl walking next to him. Maya. She carried Pearls, who was sleeping, in her arms. Both of them looked so…peaceful. But then Maya turned her head to him, and her smile was sad. Not the same smile she gave Pearls.

"Do you want me to carry her?" he asked.

"O-okay."

She handed Pearls' to him, and he took her in his arms, letting her head to rest on his shoulder.

He moved her hair from her face and placed a little kiss on her forehead.

"It's nice to see her that way. She was worried." He said.

"I know.”

"I was really worried too…"

"I know." It seemed like she wanted him to stop talking, so he did.

They were on their way home (That's what they called the office, since they both lived in there together) from the Gatewater hotel. It wasn't the one which was close to the office, though. But Maya wanted to walk to the office. Phoenix had no idea why, but he and Pearls agreed.

She looked really sad. Really thoughtful. It was not the Maya she knew, even though she looked completely herself five minutes ago with everyone. But now it was just the three of them. Two of them, if they didn't count the sleeping Pearls out.

Pearls… He didn’t know what to do with her in those three days. She’s a little kid- how could she understand anything in the court? She was mature for her age; it was true, but… It was a little bit complicated, even for her. He felt so mean … and when Maya came back, she left the two of them alone instead of being with Maya. He felt terrible about it; Maya was the only family she has, and she was about to die. She wanted them to be together. As lovers, and, well, to tell the truth, she wasn’t the only one who thought that way. Poor Pearls… he loved her so much, and she loved him back. He hoped that he could support her in anyway, but she just wanted him and Maya together. Damn it. He felt stupid now. He had to help Pearls in a way, but he had no idea how to.

Something was definitely wrong. Not just with her, but also with him.

Maya was the closest person to him ever. She was so awesome. She was childish, which made her cute. Funny, very friendly, ready to help anyone, ready to risk herself for others. She cared a lot of the people important to her. Everyone who met her would be friends with her after a minute or too. She’s beautiful, and anyone would say it. He felt like a really boring person next to her, and if she wasn’t there, his life would be kind of empty.

And she was kidnapped. Because of him.

Maybe if she was important to him only, it was okay. But a lot of other people love her and did everything to save her, to rescue her. And he cared, he really did. But it still didn't change the fact that he had to choose between her and his career. He knew that he wouldn't see her ever again if he would risk his career and get the "not guilty" verdict (That's what she said), but he would save her. If he got the "guilty" verdict, she would've died.

So what was the right decision? Every person with a little common sense would say that saving her was the most important thing at the moment- it doesn't matter if he knew her or not, it was a human's life hanging on the balance.

But he tried to fight until the end to save both his career and her, even though he knew it was a huge risk and a single mistake could kill her. He still took it and won by luck. But what would've happen if something went wrong?

It was his entire fault. He was so angry about himself. He put her in danger and made a lot of other people worried.

Phoenix was right. Something was wrong, about him.

"Nick?"

Maya took him out of his thinking.

"Yeah?"

"Can we sit for a moment on this bench?"

"Umm, sure, I guess."

They sat on a bench at People Park, and he set Pearls at a sitting position on his lap.

He looked at her. The moon was full, lightning the whole area, and Maya herself. Her raven hair was as beautiful as always, which was quite surprising, considering the fact that she didn't shower or took care of her hair for three days.

In fact, the white light that the moon spread over it made it look even prettier (If that was possible, that is.)

Her body was so little, but it looked bigger now. Maybe tougher, as if she was working out 24 hours a day for the whole time that DeKiller Held her.

Maybe being kidnapped did make her stronger. It should've affect the soul only, but he already saw her between a rock and a hard place, and he was thinking about more than choosing between a burger with cheese or with extra onions; He talked about the two times she was accused in murder in, he talked about leaving him for a long time just to help him in trials. And about this case. She chose to place him between a rock and a hard place, for his own good. He didn't know if she really meant what she said, that she wouldn’t talk to him ever again if he got the "not guilty" verdict, but he wasn't going to take the risk, because as DeKiller, Maya is a woman who stands behind her words. He knew that if she didn't left him this note with these words, in the second day of the trial he would do anything to get the "not guilty" verdict, as he always fight for his clients. He was sure that it wasn't such an easy thing to decide, but she made the right decision to help him, not herself. That proved him that he was important to her.

When you think about it, Maya was a lot like Mia. She always stood next to Phoenix to comfort him; she told him to never give up and even risked herself so he will have this tiny chance to win any trial. She gave good advices, no doubt. You could easily see that the two of them were sisters. If Maya went to college to learn law, she could be a great lawyer. But that's what made her different from Mia.

Her hair looked the same; her body looked different even though it didn't change a bit. But what about her eyes, her soul?

Her grey eyes sent an unclear message. They didn't have that sparkle as always, yet they didn't lose it. The sparkle was different. It was not the childish sparkle which wants to try anything in this word, test anything. It was not the sparkle that showed happiness and gave him a fighting spirit to face everyone in this world. It was a sparkle of "I just discovered something very important and my soul and thoughts are very confused right now, don't disturb me right now or get a kick in your ass."

That's at least how he read it. He was never good at reading her, and he wanted to read her right now more than anything. Why didn't he take that course of "How to read souls" together with Maya and Pearls when he had the chance… Damn it.

He just stared at her, and she stared at the moon. Every single try to read her was a failure. He just had the feeling. When he felt something was right, it was. When he felt something was wrong, it was. The Magatama did affect him, huh…

… Wait. He had the Magatama. So why didn't he try to read her with it?

As he tried to form a question in his head, he started to regret this. Reading her or trying to crack her secret right now was wrong. She's weak right now, and it would be unfair to try and do it right now. Doing something like that will hurt her. He knew that eventually she will tell him something, and he would use it until the end, until he got every single detail from that something.

Suddenly, Maya rested her head on Phoenix's free shoulder, and sighed. He looked at her with surprise, and then smiled. He hugged her and sighed himself. They were both tired, but both of them wanted to stay like this. Next to each other with the little Pearl… the way it should be. Yet something was wrong. Something felt wrong.

And that's when he decided.

"Maya, maybe…" he was about to say it and they looked at each other's eyes.

"What is it, Nick?" she asked.

He couldn't say it. Not now.

"We should head back home."

"Yeah, I agree."

They stood up, and Nick took Pearly in his arms again.

"I can carry her now, it's okay Nick." Maya said and looked at her little cousin.

"No, I want to carry her. If you don't mind, of course."

"Not at all."

They started walking back to the office, and she was happy. Nick and Pearly had a tough time in those three days, but it seems like their relationship got even stronger. They were the two persons who she cared about the most. She knew everyone else was worried about her too, but they were in hell, and she felt really guilty. It all happened because of her. If she were more careful, if she were smarter… None of what happened those three days would've happen. She knew that now she's back and everything will be alright, and that's why she was happy.

Yet something was definitely wrong. She hated herself more than anything now. She didn't care about herself while she was sitting there, in the dark. She only cared of Nick and Pearly. And she knew that Pearl felt fine now, But Nick wasn't. Even though Pearl is super mature for her age, she didn't understand and see those three days as Phoenix saw them. His world, Pearly's world, and her world were on his shoulders. And the fact that she made him choose between her and his career killed her from the inside. And it was not her at all- it was just her life. She said she wouldn't talk to him ever again, and she knew that if he got the "not guilty" verdict, she would do it. She couldn't face him ever again if he would've chosen her life. If she was more important to him than his career, he would just keep being hurt by her and the things that keep happening to her.

And somehow everything was okay. The good ending occurred. But she just can't get out of her head the bad ending scenario. She knew that she would come back to herself after a meanwhile… But what about Nick?

What is he thinking? Does he feel guilty? Will he come back to his old self? Will he want to face her ever again?

It was all her fault, she knew it.

Things have to stay the way they were before, because if they will not… Three worlds will crash, as the three days almost crashed them. She has to stay by Nick's side, and he had to stay by hers, and both of them need to stay by Pearl's side, and they both knew that Pearl will stand by their sides, no matter what. But can they keep standing by each other's side?

She knew that she can stay by his side, and if he will not want to stay by her side, she would be fine with it. She knew he can't be her hero forever, and she has to take care of herself. She would crash, but if that's the thing that he wants and feels that it's what the best for himself, so she would do it. But she knew that Pearl won't be okay. Pearly and Nick's relationship was really good. They were close to each other like a father and a daughter. That's at least what Maya and Pearl felt, she didn't know what Nick felt about it.

She looked at Nick. He looked the same, and Pearly looked the same.

What's Nick thinking about right now…?

She wished she could read him, she wished she could tell him the whole truth about what she thinks about him and Pearly and about those three days. But she just couldn't. She didn't know what he was thinking and she couldn't take the risk and tell him whatever she had on her mind. What if he thought the complete opposite of her? That they should leave each other? For his own good?

And she knew she could stand it. And she knew that Pearly could stand it.

His spikes were less spikey than usual. His tie was untied, and his shirt wasn't bottomed until the end. His blue jacket was hanging on his free shoulder. And his eyes looked forward to the horizon. The white light from the moon lit up his face, and all of him. He looked handsome.

Well, in her opinion, he always looked handsome, and she knew it.

He was so important to her. She caused him so many troubles by getting into troubles herself. He proved her, anytime, how important she was to him. She didn't feel she’s worth it. Well, you see, he was a successful lawyer. Everyone around him loved him. He was special, one-of-a-kind person with great personality and he was good-looking.

And what was she?

She was just a freak teenager from an unknown village. She was childish and she needed plenty of money to "take care of." A lot of people find her annoying.
And her looks weren’t special at all, maybe her clothes, but, you have to admit that Nick’s suit looks much cooler than her acolyte clothes.

And yet, the connection between the two was so deep. Well, at least that’s what she felt. He always was there for her. When she felt lost after Mia’s death, he was there for the first time, and he kept being with her. When she felt she lost her spiritual powers. He was there when she used them, but got in a murder case. And now, he was there when she was kidnapped. It was not just it- He always bought her burgers, he always knew what was good to her, what wasn’t, he tried, at least to save her from troubles.

He acted like a big brother to her, but she felt he was much more.
The important question is: What does she mean to him?
Her sis was way better than her, that’s for sure. She was a beautiful, successful lawyer and she was so mature, so nice to everyone… Nick’s mentor.
After she died, the only remnants of her were Maya. It seems that in time he learned to like her as Maya the person, and not Maya, Mia’s sister. Something was still weird about it. Why such an awesome person like him would like her? As Maya?
She knew that she was important to him. But how much…? And as who?

She also felt useless to him. All she did was summoning Mia for him in court. If you looked at it from any other direction, she was a burden: She wanted him to buy her burgers all the time; she took him down with her with all that samurais stuff. She felt that the only way she helps him outside of court is by bringing Pearly sometimes. The two of them were really close. She wondered how they did in those three days, without her.
She knew that they both barely slept, and were worried about her. She meant the relationship between them. She knew her relationship with Nick, she knew her relationship with Pearly, she knew the relationship of the three of them, but what was the connection between the two? Pearly and Nick.

She tried to think of the best way to help Nick right now. She could summon Mia… Nah, it won’t help.
She had no idea, except for one. It looked terrible for her, but… If that’s going to help him, she has to do it.

…And that’s when she decided.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix and Maya sat next to each other on the sofa in the living room.
“Pearl is asleep at the guest’s room.”
Maya looked at him and smiled. “That’s good.”
An awkward silence stood between the two.
“So.”
“So.”
They just looked at each other without saying a word. Both of them wanted to say to the other the decision, but it looked so dangerous. They knew that if they told it, there’s no way back. Someone had to take the risk.
“Nick?” she said.
“Yeah, Maya?”
“What’s up?”
He looked at her with surprise.
“Umm… What about you?”
“No, I mean. What’s up. We didn’t see each other for three days and suddenly there’s that silence that’s going to drive me crazy.”
He thought for a second.
Really, what’s up. What’s wrong, damn it!
“I’m afraid to say what I want to say. You are so sensitive now… I don’t want to hurt you.” He knew that the best way is to tell her the truth.
“I’m about to be nuts too, but I don’t know what’s the best for you. If I need to say it or not.”
She sighed.
“Just say it, Nick. After this I’ll say what I have to say.”
He was even more surprised than before. She also has something to say…?
“Fine….” He said and took a deep breath. It’s time.
“Maya… I think you should go back to Kurain.”
She was shocked, she wanted to say something, but… she looked like she stopped herself.
“…Do you think this is the best for me?” she said after a couple of seconds.
Her eyes looked so sad. He couldn’t look at her like this, so he stood up and turned.
“Yeah.”
“Actually, I thought so too.”
His heart pinched. She wants to go back to Kurain… He hoped she would say anything else but this.
He turned to her, trying to look okay. “Really?”
“Yeah. I thought it’s the best for you that I go back to Kurain.”
Yeah, it is the best… Wait, what? She thinks it’s the best for HIM?
“Maya, do whatever you think is right to you.”
“Whatever’s right to you is whatever’s right to me.”
“Same goes here, but I don’t think you should think so.”
She stood up in front of him. Her look went right into his eyes, searching for an answer or an explanation for what’s going on. It was so direct… She could easily read him right now.
“Think what?”
“Think that whatever’s good to me is good to you.”
“Well, that’s what I think, and you can’t change it.”
“If you’ll move to Kurain it’ll not be the best for me… okay? Just… Go. For your own sake.” He lowered his voice, it sounded almost soft.
“Why do you think you know what’s good for me?!” her voice got louder.
“I know what’s good for me, but I’m trying to do something for your sake! Why can’t you just accept it?!” His voice got louder too.
“Why do you think that you’re doing it for my sake?! I’m the one who’ll be doing, always! You can’t make me move back to Kurain! I also know what’s good for me, but I’m trying to DO this for your sake!”
“WHY do you think that you’re doing it for MY sake?! You don’t need to!”
“But I want to! I know what’s good for me and you know what’s good for you, so why won’t we try to do good things for each other?!”
“Why won’t you listen to what you’re saying for a moment?! I want to do what’s good for you! What’s good to me is not important right now, okay?! “
That was the moment when she slapped him.
He was shocked. Her slaps were much stronger than Pearl’s, that’s for sure.
“Shut up, Nick. Okay? Just shut up. You may think you’re doing it to me, but you’re wrong. If I’ll move to Kurain, it won’t be good for me, but I’m trying my best to do it to you, to do what’s good for you, so it’s playing a critical point in here. And you just try to ignore it. So listen, if you want to do what’s good for me, just tell me what’s good for you. I’ll do it. I’m the one who’s doing things in here.” Her tunes were much lower than before.
“I told you already- what’s good for you it’s what’s good for me.”
“ARGH!”
Maya turned around and started to walk to her room. Just before she entered it, she said: “When you’re ready to talk to me and tell me what you want, come.”
She entered through the door and then slammed it.
Phoenix fell back to the sofa. “Dang it.”
He just didn’t get it. What did he do wrong? What did he say that made her so angry?
His Intentions were good. He just wanted to help, to go and sacrifice his world so she’ll be happy and safe. But it seems what she wanted was another thing. She wanted him to be safe and happy. He’ll be happy and safe only if she’s by his side, happy and safe.
But what about her? It seems that it was the same for her, and he just told her that. She ran away like hell, leaving him behind with this endless paradox.
She wanted him to solve this. How can a paradox be solved?!
Argh, damn. He felt so annoyed. She left him with all of the problems. You know what?! She can solve her problems herself! He didn’t care anymore. He’s not the one guilty here; he just said a fact that’s true. She was the guilty one.
He went to his room to switch for his pajamas (A simple gray T-shirt that was big on him, and red boxers.)
Ah, damn. He knew that he was guilty and he needed to solve all of this. He did care, and he wanted to solve the problems. They were his problems, not hers; and even if they were her problems, it was his problems too, since they were hers. She wanted him to solve her problems? Fine. With her help, he was ready to do it at all costs. She didn’t really want him to help her without all the details, did she?
At his way to Maya’s room, he changed his mind a little. They were his problems. After all, they were at this together. The problems were of both of them- together. And it involved Pearls, but he knew that both of them wouldn’t involve her.
Speaking of Pearls… he took a sudden turn to the guest’s room. He looked at the figure of the sleeping girl from the entrance to the room. She looked lovely, snuggled with the wool blanket. Her breathes were steady, but suddenly a cold wind entered the room and it got colder. She shivered, and squeezed the blanket even stronger.
He entered the room and closed the window, and then sat next to her head carefully.
“Hey Pearls.”
She moved a little, mumbling some words under her breath.
"You know, I guess you were right after all. I have no idea when Maya and I will get lovey dovey again, but I know we will."
A little smile appeard on her face.
"Pearls, I don't know excatly what you've benn through these last three days. But I know you had some hard time. So did I…. and actually, I think you panicked and cried and were worried for me. If you weren't here, I'd have to do all that stuff, and I think that there's so way I can take so much. You suffered because of me and my stupidity. I'm sorry Pearls, so sorry…"
He slowly moved the her bangs out of her eyes, and kissed her forehead lightly.
"Thank you. "
He went out of the room quietly, and slowly closed the door. Then, he turned in the hallway to Maya's room.
He was there. In front of the white simple door, and behind it, there was a world. His world.
He wanted to knock on the door, but before he could, the door opened. Maya was standing there in her Pink Princess pajamas. Phoenix shivered. She looked at him, surprised.
"Nick."
He looked down, embarrassed a little. Why didn't he wait for a little while… She would come for him.
"Hey, Maya."
"… Come in."
She jumped at her bed, lying down flat on her stomatch. Her head fell right on the pillow.
He sat next to her, and sighed.
"What's wrong?"
She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "You really asked that right now? I thought we talked about it." Her head went back to the pillow.
He lied down on his back and put his hands behind his hand. "I don't think I know anymore what's wrong."
She turned around and lied on her back too. Her head rested on the pillow, and she looked at him. "What's wrong, really."
He turned his head to her and smiled. "Who knows."
She came closer to him. "Maybe nothing is wrong…"
He looked up again and closed his eyes. "Hmm, maybe."
"Well, if nothing is wrong, you should go back to your room."
He grabbed her hand in his, still with eyes closed. "…Or not.
"I'll go if you want me to."
"Please, stay."
He smiled and turned to her again, opening his eyes.
"Okay, then."
He suddenly pulled her to him and hugged her tightly. "That's the way it should be."
She was surprised, but hugged him back in to time and kissed his cheek lightly.
"Yeah. I agree. Just you and me."
"And Pearls." He started to stroke her hair slowly.
"But right now, it's just you and me." After saying that, she leaned in to kiss him, but a weird noise from the door stopped her. They both looked at there, and Pearl was standing there.
They both laughed. "Talk of the devil." Phoenix mumbled.
"Mr.Maya, Mystic Nick?"
"What is it, Pearly?"
She was sleepy, but managed to make her way to the bed. She pulled the blanket and crowled up to the top of the bed, just between the two. The blanket were covering the three of them.
"Good night." She mumbled and fell asleep quickly.
"Good night Nick."
"Goodnight, Maya."
And that was his world.

I'm really not sure about this one. But I put so much affort in it, I had to publish it.

BlackWiddow wrote:
Title: His world.

I like this a lot. It's very interesting and goes into a lot of detail of their thoughts and feelings.
Page 1 of 1 [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony