Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 12 posts ]

Wanacoba's Fanfictions. Update: 12/03/09Topic%20Title

Witness my stand... FOUGHT THE LAW!!!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy my fics...

Well, this is my fics topic where I'll be showing you what happens in my mind. I would really like to see you all posting some constructive critizism and some suggestions to improve my fics. Expect to see lot's of FrannyXNick here. But don't worry maybe someday I'll write some EmaXApollo for those of you who read that fic (Whoever who wrote that please come). Well, that's all about it, hope you enjoy yourself here. :edgy:

EDIT(09/05/10): I'll post all the chapters until now plus the newest one. I'm not read enough because I'm not between the newest posts... again, hope you enjoy.
Spoiler: Godot blend #107
Name: Godot blend #107
Author: Me/Wanacoba
Rating: IDK
Genre: kind of drama.
Pairings: Slight MiaXDiego.
Duration: has 2 really short chapters and then discontinued
Summary: Today it's the day, but just one sign determined everything. (LOL fail)

Chapter 1

Early in the morning with a sad vision of the world I didn`t knew who I was. I got up and went straight to the kitchen, I spotted in the table a can of coffee then I remebered everything:

“Im Diego Armando! Well now I`m Godot, I like coffee and the women I love is dead I`m dead too but I couldn`t follow her. I wish I could.”

Like if that information was too useful, it just made my morning awful.
While waiting for the water to boil I remembered I was going to have my first case today, and my opponent is the man who didn`t do anything to save Mia. The man who made my resurrection hell itself. Without her there`s only revenge for me. I swear that Trite guy is going to pay the price of his actions! Or the lack of them.

The water finally boiled to keep my mind from thinking things that hurted me. While combining different coffees I made Godot 107. I knew my day would be like this coffee. What surprised me was the fact that it had good flavor all along but in the end of the cup it was very bitter. It didn`t matter: “Ha!... just coincidence” I said.

As I entered the Courthouse everyone looking at me, whispering things about my look or about the rumors that my fame created. I was only thinking about Trite and how would it feel to beat him.

As I gave the first sip of coffee of the trial I knew that today was going to be a day to remember as the day I beated Phoenix Trite in Mia`s name. What would I do after that?
Who knows, even I`m a little bit worried about the future but only fate will tell.

You alway have to trust in fate... that`s one of my rules.

Chapter 2

"I cannot believe it! This is simply impossible! How did I let this happen!? I cannot believe that Trite beat me. I... I had to destroy him then and there." I shouted while my fists struck the wall of my apartment after a moment of bitterness looking a photo of Mia. I said, "I'm sorry, Mia, I couldn't. I was not strong enough." While I began preparing a white coffee and sugar to sweeten the bitter reality I remembered something that I said once to Mia: "The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." That forced me to patiently wait for the following encounter that I would have with him.

The picture I had been looking at was taken on our first date, where we had went to a café and gone on a boat trip at Gourd Lake. She was so beautiful at the time, as always, but she was so depressed about "that case" that she wouldn't even dare to look me in the eyes, so I told her as if I was a father scolding a little child: "Mia, you were great in court that first time. You almost got it, but it was... her fault, not yours! You can't keep crying like that!"

"But if I had realized sooner... Fawles would be free, and alive, of course! I can't keep this badge," she said while thinking about throwing it into the lake. "I'm not strong enough to be a lawyer! I killed the man who trusted me!"

After that, she lost her strength and fell on her knees on the boat and cried bitterly.
It hurt me so much to her that weak. So I said in the softest way I could, "Mia, you're an excellent lawyer. You can stop being Mia Fey but one thing you can't stop being is a lawyer, and the only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over. As you can see, it's not over yet and until the end I'll be by your side." As I got closer, she placed her arms around me. She was still crying, but this time, she was crying because she was relieved. That was one of the best moments of my life. And the picture with me and Mia sitting on a bench near the shore gave me the strength to carry on, because of that promise that I just couldn't keep: being with her until the end.

She is why I'm on this mission. I helped her in her hard times, and now, thanks to her, I can endure the pain. I must endure it.

For the past week, I had to control a case involving kidnapping. I was hardly interested, and after weeks I began to grow irritated that Trite did not appear in court. I also began to get depressed thinking that what I was doing was not okay. I thought I was putting too much emphasis in taking revenge, and that if I had a different hair color it would be turning white again with all of the stress.

In December, I saw my opportunity for another case against Trite, but before that I spied on and I analyzed the investigation and routine that Trite went through. It all led up to the fact that he was a fake, more than what he already was. That was a case where even the disastrous Winston Payne won to the false Trite.

Now, it was already New Years and I was lying on the ground, supported by a wall hoping that the winding festivity finished. It did not please me to see the joy in the faces of other people, while I was an abnormal one with enormous glasses that sank more into madness with every passing person. "Is it that my torture has not been sufficient enough to get others to notice? Does that mean, perhaps, that I must undergo more?"

This life of mine watched me coldly, and I tried to hold on to my thirst of revenge that was responded with a gift called: "Appeal to the Byrde case."

"That's it!" I cried happily. Now, it was my chance to take revenge. I knew Trite wouldn't resist helping that girl that was a victim of the false Trite. It was the moment to humiliate him. I had felt hopeless with the false Trite, but now I would prove whether or not he was a true lawyer.

Although the coffee is bitter, there is always sugar to sweeten... Ha! If you didn't understand, I will explain while I return to fill the thermos. This cup called life is one that watches me with coldness, but there is something that sweetens all things, including revenge. And there's something that sweetens everything even more: Trite's fall.

(I ended up throwing that project away because of lack of inspiration, though I still hope you liked it)

Spoiler: Something only she knows(FrannyXNick
Name: Something only she knows
Author: Wanacoba and Nat (In a collab)
Rating: IDK
Genre: Romantic
Pairing: FrannyXNick (There'll be others so don't worry)
Duration: hoping to make 14 chapters.
Summary: Phoenix has problems to pay the bills so he calls the only one who'll be able to be the perfect babysitter but as feelings are showing up there's just one person that knows all.

Chapter 1

“Think Phoenix! Think!” Phoenix couldn’t handle being a father and he needed help, it was too much for him. For the time being, some advice would work.

“It’s something wrong daddy?” Said Trucy while she was giving the final details to a drawing of her and Phoenix holding hands.
“Ah... it’s nothing sweetie, you just go on with your drawing so I can see it.” He said that without even noticing what she was drawing, he had a lot of things in his mind.

He was looking for his phone numer list, he had a lot of clients he defended, friends, family and of course emergency services.
When he looked at it, so many things came back to him, just like a dream.

He realized he was daydreaming and started the search for someone who could help.
“Lets see... Maya?” No, she couldn’t help, she was having a lot of hard work, she just started the training to become the master of the Kurain tradition, he felt it was wrong to give her more problems. “Miles?...” No, neither him. He was out of the country again, he said he’ll be going somewhere in Africa called Costigar.
“Larry?... hahahah!” It wasn’t necessary for him to think about it, Larry Butz wasn’t even able to take care of himself.
“Franziska...” He hadn’t seen her in a lot of time, since he was disbarred and that was a year ago. Even if it sounded weird, it was his only option. She had a niece and she must have took care of her at least once.

He started dialing and he tried to come up with an excuse for her to help him.
“Hello? Prosecutors office, how can I help you?” Said a woman, probably the receptionist.

“Yeah, you see... I need to talk to prosecutor Franziska Von Karma.” Said Phoenix with calm.

“Of course sir... by the way, what kind of business do you have with prosecutor Von Karma?”

“Just tell her it’s Phoenix Wright”.

Franziska was writing a report about her latest case, guilty obviously. Suddenly her phone rang and almost at the same time she answered.

“Yes?” Said Franziska, she wasn’t used to receive so many calls so it was annoying. Especially when she was working.

“Miss Von Karma, you have a call on line 2”

“From who?”

“The gentleman said he was Phoenix Wright”

“Phoenix Wright?... why him from all the people I know?”... She hadn’t talked to him since he was disbarred, both she and Miles went to see him at home but when he opened the door she saw a totally different man from the Phoenix Wright she knew... he had a beanie, and hadn’t shaved, he stopped using his suit and just used a jacket and pants and a pair of random sandals...
She realized she was taking too much time to answer the phone.

“Hello? This is Franziska Von Karma.”

“Franziska? Hi! This is Wright, Phoenix Wright”

“I know it’s you, just tell me what you want, I’m very busy and have no time for any foolishness.”

“Okay, okay... I need to tell you about something, I was wondering if we could talk about it with a cup of coffee?” He sounded... different.

“...Fine, I’ll have a coffee with you, Where do we meet up?”

“Go to the... erm, I know, go to the Schroeder cafe in 10 minutes, it’s in Matisse street” Said Phoenix before hanging up.

Then 15 minutes later at the cafe, Franziska was waiting for Phoenix, she ordered an espresso for both of them, he was just walking into the cafe when he realized where Franziska was.

“You’re late” She said in a crisp tone. Efficiency is a very important part of being perfect, after all.

“But it’s just a 5 minute delay”

“That doesn’t change the fact you’re 5 minutes late... I ordered you an espresso, now...” She took a sip and continued “... what did you want to tell me?”

“Well, I was wondering if you could take care of Trucy during the afternoons for the next two weeks, cause I’ll have to make some extra hours in the restaurant to be able to pay this next month bills” Said thinking that Franziska would be aware of his situation, but there was a detail:

She had an idea of where this was going but she dared to ask.
“Wright... Who’s Trucy?”

“Trucy?... she’s my daughter of course”

The look in Franziska’s face was one of total shock and surprise.

“D- daughter!? Since when!?” The whole store was looking at them, it wasn’t strange after the scream Franziska threw into the conversation.

“C-Calm down Franziska! Look, let’s ask for the check and I’ll tell you on the way to my office”

As they payed for their unfinished coffees, they left the cafe and headed for the office Phoenix still had.
“So... how did that stupidity happen to you? How could a child fall in your foolish hands?”

“You know about my last case, don’t you?”

“Yes, of course, Miles Edgeworth told me about it and then I read the file”

“Well, she is the daughter of my client, I’m taking care of her, It’s better than an orphanage”

“And what kind of a foolish idea is that?” she said while they were in front of the building.

“Edgeworth’s kind of idea, I asked him for advice and he told me I could use the company and by chance not letting she suffer the sad expirience of being in an orphanage, gladly I don’t have the pleasure of having lived in one”

“So... you want me to take care of her?”

“Yes” Said, while he opened the door of the office “And there she is”

Trucy was watching a magic show on T.V of some guy making a dog spin over his head and other nonsense like that.

“Hi daddy!” Said as she ran towards him, by the time she reached him, he hugged her, then he letted her go and said:

“Trucy, this is Franziska a friend of mine.”

The look on her face was no longer of surprise, anger or shock she was trapped by the cute stare Trucy had in her eyes.

“Hi Ms.Franziska! Are you daddy’s new girlfriend or something?”

She immediately blushed and answered:

“No! No... I’m just... a friend of his, I will be taking care of you during the next two weeks, that’s it”

“Then you really want to take care of her?” Phoenix interrupted.

“Of course, I can’t let you leave this girl at the care of someone who’s not as perfect as I am”

“Well, you’ll start today, I’ll be leaving everyday at 5 in the afternoon and I’ll be back at midnight, the only thing I’m asking you is that you give her dinner at 7 o'clock and that she goes to bed at 9:30.”

“Okay...” she was taking notes of the times Phoenix was telling her.

“Okay... that’s it” Phoenix looked at his watch and grabing some stuff quickly, he said “Well, I gotta go now, it’s almost 5 O’ clock” He approached Trucy while she drew something and said:

“Bye Trucy, I’ll be going now to work” he said and right after that he kissed her cheek.

“Bye daddy! Take care!” Said the cute and innocent child as she waved her hand in a gesture.

Then the door was closed and the first day was just beginning.

“So... you’re Trucy right?”

“Yep, Wright... Trucy Wright, professional magician”

“Well, I’m Franziska Von Karma the prosecutors prodigy and it’s nice to meet you”

And so the conversation went on about both the major interests of both of them, for Trucy with magic and Franziska with prosecution. By the time she realized, it was already 7 O’ Clock.

“So... it’s 7 O’ clock. What do you say about having dinner?”

“Sure!”

They both had their dinner, Franziska did the dishes and then:

“Say Franziska, would you like to see a movie?”

“Well, your father has got plenty of them in that pile”

“Yeah, isn’t it cool? There is Samurai disco, Steel Samurai versus the Evil Magistrate 2, Way of the samurai 3 and much others”

“What’s with the Samurai movies?” Thought Franziska “He’s old enough to be tired of those... What am I thinking? Maya Fey has obviously something to do with this movies”

“Okay... mmm... I know! Let’s watch Samurai news! It’s about this guy who is a reporter but secretly is the hero of his city!” Said Trucy after looking through the gigantic piles of DVD’s.

“What’s a reporter got to do with being a samurai?” Franziska wasn’t used to the all common Samurai movies Phoenix and Trucy were used to watch

“Aww come on! You’ll like it!”

It was impossible for Franziska to say no to such a cute girl even with her ruthless nature.

“Okay, Let’s watch the Samurai... whatever it is”

For the next 2 hours Trucy laughed and watched with thrill the movie. Franziska was also watching, trying to get the idea.
“So... you liked it?” Asked Trucy with expectations for which answer would Franziska give her.

“Not really, it was a little foolish” Said Franziska coldly but actually she enjoyed the movie and looked away and covered her mouth several times to hide prevent from laughing and letting Trucy see her like that.

Although Trucy wasn’t foolish not to realize that. “You’re lying, you must’ve enjoyed it a lot if you’re trying that hard to hide it, don’t be embarrassed, I won’t tell anybody not even my daddy”

“O-okay...” Franziska was surprised of how she found out how she lied or even more about the things she said and how she said it. Trucy apart from being a 8 year old girl, she was also really mature.

“We’ll it’s getting late, I promised your father to get you into bed 10 minutes ago” Franziska commented as she checked her watch.

“Okay, Franny!... Can I call you Franny?”

“Okay, Trucy, I don’t mind” She didn’t mind because it was her, if Phoenix or someone else called her Franny, she would whip them to death. Besides, she can’t whip a 8 year old girl.

As soon as Trucy wore her pyjamas decorated with images of bunnies coming out of hats and doves flying Franziska got her into bed.

“Franny? Can I ask you something?” Trucy looked more serious than ever, not like a live or death matter but it looked like it was something Trucy was worried about.

“What is it Trucy?” Replied Franziska with calm.

“Can you tell me how did you know my dad?” It was an easy question, yet she felt nostalgic about it,
Franzsika sat on the bed next to Trucy, took a deep sigh and started picking up her memories for Trucy to understand them.

“It was a few years ago, he was still a lawyer and I as the prosecutor had to face him. I wasn’t being professional, I wanted to face him because of personal matters... I hated him” She said, lowering her voice with each word.

“Why did you hate daddy?”

“I believed he had killed my father and my brother... I believed he had taken everything from me... but he taught me a lot of things including how foolish I was because of the hatred I held towards him” She lowered her view as well as she finished.

“Don’t worry! I don’t know my mom and my real father is missing but daddy is always there for me” Exclaimed Trucy ignoring the pain involved with the things Franziska said.

“No, it’s not that... but anyway, in the end your dad will always have a place in my heart becuase of all the things he did for me”.

“Do you love him?”

“No, nothing like that”

“Do you hate him?”

”Does it have to be one or the other? Love or hate?”

“Between a man and a woman? Of course! If there’s at least one of them in love, it should be like that”

“But I don’t love him and surely he doesn’t love me...” She replied, answering Trucy’s question when she was interrupted.

Trucy left a huge yawn out and then said: “Well... I’m kinda tired so... see you tomorrow”
Franziska stood up, cuddled Trucy and before turning the lights off she whispered: “Good night”

Just talking to her for less than five minutes brought so many moments in her past. So much pain, so much joy and sadness.

“This won’t be so bad after all” she thought.

Trucy was an intelligent and cheerful little girl so she was pleased to deal with her.

Franziska made some coffee and layed on the couch to read her case files, while she waited for Phoenix, but soon she fell into a deep sleep.

Phoenix got down from the taxi and told the driver to wait for a lady who would come out from the building. He looked up and saw the lights of the office on. He assumed it was Franziska.

As he went into the apartment he didn’t see anyone. “Franziska? You there?” Yet there was no response.

He moved deeper into the apartment and finally in the couch, he found Franziska asleep with some files on the floor. He picked them up and placed them into a folder. Then he went to look for a blanket and he placed it over Franziska.
Suddenly she woke up and jumped from the couch. Their faces ended up so close that they could even feel each other’s breathing. Franziska and Phoenix were blushing very intensely. Then she pushed him aside and started recovering from the nap she took.

“You’re... um... *yawn*... 20 minutes late” Even being half sleepy she tried to be as sharp as possible.

“Well, at least you weren’t awake to be bored waiting, were you?” Said Phoenix with a smile on his face.

“Shut up Phoenix wright” She answered knowing he was right. Even if it was something so small.

“By the way... there’s a taxi down there, I told the driver to wait for you”.

“Oh... thank you for the foolish gesture, Phoenix Wright”

As she headed for the door and opened it, she stopped turned, around and said:

“Phoenix Wright?”

“Yes?”

“You’ve got an interesting daughter, you can assure yourself that I’ll be here tomorrow”

Then without more interruptions she closed the door behind her and walked downstairs. She saw the taxi and went towards it, and before getting into it she looked up to the window of the apartment and saw Phoenix watching her. She though it was her imagination and got into the vehicle.

She indicated the street where she lived and the taxi started leaving. Now she remembered a pocket in her purse, one she hadn’t opened in a long time... it was a card, it was wrinkled, she watched and it had a blurry drawing of someone over a seashell then she remembered... and started thinking:

“Does it have to be one of them? Love or hate?”

Chapter 2

Franziska layed on her bed, thinking about what Trucy told her. She didn’t hate Phoenix Wright after helping her realize what a fool she was for following her father, but she wasn’t sure what she felt about him. She did spend some time having a sort of akward feeling when he was around but only for a little while. She slowly drifted to sleep after thinking too much about it.

The next evening, she went to Phoenix’s apartment again. Trucy greeted her with a very friendly ‘hello’ and Phoenix gave her a couple of details for that day. He had already prepared dinner for Trucy so he wouldn’t have to make her do any extra work.

“I’ll see you later then, Franziska. Trucy kept going asking when you were coming. You seem to get along well.” Phoenix said with a smile.

“She also told me about the conversation yesterday. Heh, don’t worry if she does that again. She’s just a little curious. If she gets a little too personal, the best thing to do is change the subject.” Phoenix warns Franziska.

“Hey!” Trucy protests. If she wants to know, she will get to know what’s going on.

“Try not disturbing Franziska too much, Trucy.” Phoenix says, joking around.

“Alright, daddy.” Trucy replies.

“I’m so late! I’ll see you later!” Phoenix says as he leaves with a hurry.

Franziska sits down on the sofa and looks at Trucy drawing something again.

“You seem to be very interested in drawing.” Franziska says while looking at Trucy drawing a picture of a man blushing and a woman not noticing anything.

“What’s this?” Franziska asks.

“Nothing…” Trucy says, hiding the picture, not wanting to reveal anything… yet.

“Is there something wrong with the picture?” Franziska asks, curiously. Trucy just rubs everything off.
“Was there something I should know about in it?” Franziska asks, suspecting the child.

“No, not at all!” Trucy says, drawing a rabbit coming out of a hat instead.

“Hmm… alright then.” Franziska says, deciding to leave Trucy along. She looks at her watch.

“It’s 7 p.m. Time to eat.” Franziska says, going into the kitchen to give Trucy the meal Phoenix had left for her.

After Trucy ate dinner, she went and changed into her pajamas and went on the sofa with Franziska.

“So, Franny, what do you think about daddy?” Trucy innocently asks.

“My opinion of you father? Well… all I can say is that he is a good man with the right perspective of things.” Franziska tells Trucy.

“Daddy is a nice man… so why did you whip him before?” Trucy asks again.

“It was only done because I was forced to be perfect by my father. I was given the whip and taught how to use it for my own gain. I have a lot to thank Phoenix Wright for. If he hadn’t showed me that I shouldn’t care about perfection, he’s be dead by now.” Franziska said with a giggle.

“Ohhh…It looks like your daddy wasn’t a good daddy…” Trucy says, feeling Franziska’s pain.

“No he wasn’t. Not at all. That’s why I’m trying so hard not to be like him.” Franziska says disappointedly.

“What are we going to do now?”
“What do you want to do, Trucy?” Franziska asks. She doesn’t exactly know how to associate with a normal eight year old.

“How about we watch a movie! This time daddy picked something special for us!” Trucy says happily, finding the DVD her father left there.

“He certainly did take care of things for today.” Franziska says, looking at Trucy attempting to find it.

“Of course! Daddy wanted you to have as little trouble watching after me as possible!” Trucy says, smiling. “Found it!” She suddenly says with excitement and she grabs the DVD.
“What’s this movie?” Franziska asks.

“It’s a romance movie. My favourite type! It isn’t exacty normal for eight year olds but I like romantic things…” Trucy says, mildly blushing.

“I wouldn’t mind. What is it about?” Franziska asks.

“It’s appareantly about this man who has to work a lot to pay for things because he’s very poor and he calls the woman he has a huge crush on to babysit his adopted son because his son’s actual parents died in an accident…” Trucy says, reading the back of the box.

“Sounds… interesting…” Franziska says, suspecting something.

The movie was over too quickly, as Trucy would have put it. She was very into the movie, bouncing up and down everytime something that gave hints to the actors being in love showed up, and especially when the actors kissed in the movie.

Strange daughter indeed… Franziska thinks. An eight year old into all this romance. But then it could be completely normal at this age. She wouldn’t know. She never had an ordinary childhood after all. Franziska looks at her watch, seeing that Trucy has five minutes until she has to go to sleep.

“It’s almost time for you to sleep.” Franziska announces.

“Ok Franny!” Trucy says, running into bed.

Franziska follows her and tucks her in.

“Good night.” Franziska says.

“Good night, Franny. I’ll see you tomorrow!” Young Trucy says as she drifts to sleep. Or at least appears to.

She got up when Franziska went out of the room and started taking notes of what happened today.

Franny and daddy are definetly in love, I just know it!
Suddenly Phoenix came in to see Franziska on the sofa.

“Hey, Franziska.” Phoenix says, lightly nudging her arm to wake her up.

“Ugh… who woke me- Oh, Phoenix Wright.” Franziska says, suddenly blushing seeing that she just yelled at Phoenix like that.

“Thanks for taking care of Trucy again. I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Phoenix says sheepishly.
“Of course, you fool.”

Chapter 3

As Franziska went to get the taxi she was now used to get from Phoenix, she just hoped in and told the driver the adress of her apartment. Phoenix Looked out the windows and saw the taxi leaving, then he just took off his Bernie and his jacket and just in pants and a White T-shirt he slowly openned the door of Trucy’s bedroom to see how she was.

“… good, no doubt it’s Franziska’s work” Then he exactly like before, closed the door slowly. Then he went to the kitchen to get some wine and watch some T.V until he felt dizzy or sleepy or maybe both. Then he sitted, turned the T.V on and drank some wine, in the T.V he saw some kind of interview show with the major as the guest. Phoenix turned off the T.V and went to his bed and as he started to fall asleep he thought :“Why from all people did you choose her?”.

As Franziska arrived at her apartment, she paid the taxi driver with and got out, as she got in she sitted in the Couch and Looked at what she had griten about that day. Mostly she stopped at when she remembered about Trucy’s drawing which had left her with a question: “Trucy has the idea that me and her dad are or will be a couple?” Then she alone laughed and told to herself that it was impossible. He was just a friendo and nothing else, she had to tell this to Phoenix, it Could be bad that a child had such hopes for an impossible relationship. Then she just went to sleep.

At the next day after court she went to the gym and swam for about 1 hour. As she left the gym and headed to Phoenix’s department, she hadn’t time to drop by her own apartment and leave her swiming suit nor the sports bag. It was one of the activities Franziska most enjoyed, it was good and released some stress.

Franziska arrived at 17:00 as always and when she came in Trucy Lockheed away from the T.V and claimed: “Franny!” She ran towards Franziska and hugged her. Franziska tried to hug her back in response and said: “Hi Trucy” After that, Trucy went back to watch T.V.

“Phoenix Wright, we need to talk” Then she quietly dragged Phoenix to his room.

“What is it Franziska?” Phoenix had a doubt about what could she say, maybe it was something stupid like the kind of details that make Franziska angry.

“It’s about your daughter… I think she’s taking the wrong idea about us” She said this remembering the drawing and hoping that Phoenix really didn’t feel anything for her.

“What do you mean?”

“She thinks we are dating or something foolish like that” it was harmful for her to make ilussions and then get dissapointed.

“… well, just tell her, but if you prefer, I’ll handle it as her father I also have to take responsability” He was afraid that Franziska had told Trucy something like her feeling something for him.

“I’d prefer that you do it when I’m not here… I wouldn’t want to foolishly destroy everything by myself”

“Hey, we are both on this matter so don’t try to get out of the situation… I’ll come up with something to fix this okay?” He said with a kind of irritated look and then as he Lockheed at his watch he said: “Dammit! I gotta go now!” Then he ran out of the room went to Trucy and quickly kissed her in the forehead and yelled: “goodbye!” as he was just closing the door.

Trucy just managed to say: “Hmmm… bye…” Then she looked back at the screen.

Franziska came out of Phoenix’s room and just managed to take of her usual jacket, not because she was crzy or felt funny, just because it was one of the hottest day’s in the year, then Franziska just managed to fallo n the Couch and look at the screen with Trucy and she just managed to look at her and wonder what was she thinking.

“Franny?” Trucy said suddenly.

“What is it?...” Franziska felt surprised because she was really into a file she was reading.

“It’s really hot today huh?”

“... well, yeah… there’s nothing we can do against foolish mistakes made by the foolish weather lady…”

“Hey, I’ve got an idea!” Trucy although she grew up apparently only interested or amused by magic, she also had some certain activities she liked, some rather interesting ones.

“You like playing with hoses?”

“W-what do you mean playing with hoses? Like the ones that throw foolish water?” She couldn’t understand something that innocent from her. But as the reason was always becoming obvious: Franziska never had a normal childhood.

“Of course!... wanna do it tomorrow? You can bring you swimming suit and we can play!” She was just unnaware of her just comming from swimming in the gym.

She had a conflict about if it was right to do it but, as for it sounded foolish to her, it seemed interesting.

“Well, I just came from the Gym and I used my swimming suit so… well, we can go now, I’d just have to change” She said this as she stood up.

“Really!? Cool! I’ll go change right now!...” She ran towards her room and as soon as she reached the door she turned and saw Franziska still standing with the Couch behinid her “…what are standing still? Go change Franny!” Then she closed her door to change into her swimsuit.

Franziska stayed standing and then just reacted to go change in Phoenix’s room.

Why are you doing this?This isn’t like you at all! You just can react without hesitation to something an 8 year old tells you! Franziska started thinking, after all in the past she just would have just wanted to whip someone, but now she just acted as Trucy wanted. Was it something in her? Or it just was that Trucy started to release the kind and life enjoying Franziska Von Karma who had been locked up by some wrong teachings?

As she finished changing and borrowing sandals from Phoenix’s wardrobe, she came out and looked at Trucy sitting in the Couch as she looked and said:

“Come on! Let’s go!” Then she grabbed Franziska’s arm, the only reason she stopped was to get the keys, it would be too much embarrassment for the Prodigy prosecutor to make such a foolish mistake.

As they went to a common space in the apartments whre they had the hoses to spray the grass. Trucy took one and Franziska just managed to wait for her to show her how this game was placed.

“So… Um, Trucy who do you pla- Agh!” Then she was suddenly sprayed with lots of water in her face.

“Haha! I gotcha’!” Claimed Trucy.

Franziska, thought it was kind of a water fight so she just turned on another hose and so the great prosecutor and the young child started spraying each other with water. In between the giggles and laughs Franziska gave a quick thought Did I miss that much of a normal childhood? If he wouldn’t have been my father, would I have expirienced the fun I’m having now? She also she felt a weird stare from Trucy but soon she forgot about it as the water fight continued.

They stayed there for like an hour and a half. So she looked at her conviniently waterproof watch that it was 6:36.

“Hey Trucy… It’s already 6:30, wanna get going back to the apartment so we eat something?” She didn’t know about Trucy but she was starving.

“Okay! I’m hungry as well!” She just knew it, it was her special power after all.

They went into the apartment and as soon as they finished changing back into their clothes, of course using a towel in their head to dry their hair. They started eating Lasagna. She just looked at a messy kitchen with a note that said: “I took the time to make something good for both of you! Bon appétit! And there was a bad drawing of a guy with spiky hair.

As they finished, she and Franziska kept talking and then just watched an interview to a man who did magic, Trucy said it was her uncle but he didn’t look anything like her. Maybe he just was a friend of his dad or something I’t wasn’t like he had any normal friends obviously except Edgeworth and the deseased Mia Fey. She had to admit, she had some things that didn’t fit in the common 20 year old woman.

Then it was getting close to Trucy’s bed time and Franziska said: “Well, 9:00 PM, start getting ready to sleep”

Trucy quickly stood up and ran towards the bathroom carrying her pijamas to wash her teeth and change her clothes, Franziska got ready her bed and waited sitting at the side of the bed.

Trucy soon came out and then got into bed. As Franziska kissed her forehead and said kindly: “Good night, Trucy” Trucy stopped her.

“Franny, wait!”

“What is it Trucy?” She turned and looked directly to Trucy.

“It’s just that… um, I realised tht you have…” She traed to tell her, but she didn’t know if it’d make her angry or something like that.

“You want to ask about the scar in my right shoulder, don’t you?” It was kinda obvious, besides, when they were playing outside she felt she was staring her in a weird way.

“Um… yes, what happened to you?” She kept staring at her right shoulder.

Franziska got closer to Trucy and as she took off her shirt only in the section of her shoulder and showed the Scar that had a round form “I was shot a few years ago befote a really important case when I had to face you dad”

“But why were you shot? Did you made someone angry?” Phoenix never told her much about when he was a lawyer maybe it was because it was painfull or it had too many horrible things in it. He had just murder cases all the time.

“I just was in the way of a really evil man, that man tricked a lot of people to acomplish in his career... something like I used to be…” Then she just stood up and traed to get out of there.

“You don’t have to feel sorry, it was all for the better, if you hadn’t been like that you wouldn’t have my dad to show you how to be nice, and now you can thank him all you want. If you have someone to thank then I think things are worth it…” Then she just managed to yawn and lay her head on her pillow.

Franziska turned off the lights and as she closed the door she thought to herself: You may be right Trucy… you may be right...

When she was done, she did the usual of writting a little list of what happened that day. Then she sat and started filling some paper work of the case she finished that same day… then she just managed to drink coffee and write.

As Phoenix got there he just saw Franziska sleeping at the side of a pile of paper work. He just shaked her shoulder a little bit while saying:

“Wake up Franziska!... Dammit, I’ve should have known” Then he just whispered at her ear: “Fraaaaaaaanny…”

Then all of a sudden Franziska oponed her eyes and grabbed her whip and attacked Phoenix furiously. He fell to the ground and as she woke up completely she saw him on the ground Laughing. He was in pain but he just couldn’t resist to laugh at such a reaction from her.

“You fool!” She stood up, grabbed her purse, her jacket and her files, then as she started leaving she turned and said: “Phoenix Wright, I’ll be seeing you tomorrow, I’ll arrive a little bit earlier so we talk about this problem we are in, bye…” Then as she was leaving she stopped again but now stopped by Phoenix.

“Hey Franziska… thanks for everything… really…” He looked like someone she knew… or like the Phoenix Wright he used to be.

“You don’t have to thank me, it’s a pleasure to deal with Trucy…” Then she closed the door and left. As she went down the stairs to get the usual taxi she thought about this matter… how were they going to tell Trucy?

But soon she reached the taxi and forgot it.

Phoenix looked at her leave. Then he turned towards the table Franziska has her files and saw a piece of paper she left. He took it and it said:

Today I remembered so many things that I lost in the way to become the woman I am. But Trucy, as she has a missing father and a dead mother she lives with joy because she has a caring father and she believes she has a new mother. She reminded me what real innocent fun is, it doesn’t matter how you have fun but with who you have it. I showed her my scar. The one made by De Killer 3 years ago. This girl just keeps bringing memories of the past, of when I was the one who needed help. Now, I’ve got to help him.

Chapter 4

Yet another babysitting day came for Franziska. She realized that it’s already been a week since she started babysitting Trucy. And she had to admit, she had fun taking care of her. Although sometimes it did get out of hand when she mentioned something having to do with Franziska and Phoenix having some sort of relationship but Franziska simply brushed it off. She realized that it was just another situation like Pearl. Always thinking Phoenix and Maya belong together when they really don’t.

Don’t belong together? Who am I to get in their way? Franziska thought suddenly realizing that she was spacing out. She just took no notice of it and kept going straight to Phoenix’s apartment. She knocked on the door to find Phoenix there. As usual.

“Hey Franziska. I forgot to tell you that I don’t have to work today... I’m really sorry… I mean… if you want you can come with me and Trucy to the local park…” Phoenix says, really embarrassed that he got Franziska all the way here for nothing.

“Alright then. I don’t have anything to do today.” Franziska says, slightly smiling at Phoenix.

“That’s great! I’ll be right back and we could all go together.” He says, calling out to Trucy who bounced out of her room. She always loved the park with it’s fresh air and green grass. Nature was always one of Trucy’s interests. Phoenix went into his room, remembering to put his wallet and his phone in his pants before leaving. He came out and they were ready to go.

During the walk there Phoenix tried bringing up a conversation which Franziska just went along with. When she was talking to him, she was starting to see that he’s not as foolish as she pictured him to be. Maybe she misjudged him.

They soon arrived at the park when Trucy ran as fast as she could to play. Phoenix and Franziska just decided to sit on a bench and make sure Trucy stays alright.

“So…” Phoenix says, trying to start a conversation to break the silence between them. “How’s babysitting Trucy going?”

“It’s going well. Trucy’s a very well behaved child. I think that you just might have what it takes to be a good and responsible father.” Franziska says, smiling warmly at him, making Phoenix blush.

“Heh… thanks.” He says nervously. Suddenly, Trucy stops to look at them and smile happily. Phoenix was blushing in front of Franziska. Trucy took that as a good sign.

They’re practically made for each other, I just know it! She thinks. And then she remembers that she should continue playing or else she’d look suspicious.

Phoenix suddenly looked at Trucy, who was just standing there, looking at them.

“Hey Trucy, anything wrong?” Phoenix asks, ready to get off the bench to go next to her until Trucy stopped him.

“No, it’s alright Daddy. I just saw a fly…” Trucy says, quickly coming up with an excuse and praising herself for such quick thinking.

“Alright then. Make sure you don’t get hurt.” Phoenix says, buying what Trucy said. He sat back down and accidentally stretched his arm over Franziska. He quickly pulled his hand back.

“Sorry… I was just stretching…” Phoenix says, blushing again.
“It’s alright.” Franziska replies, short and swift. Phoenix checked his watch and saw that an hour had already passed. And he had prepared a movie for all of them to see. He did a double-take.

“Ah… We should go home… I have a movie for all of us to see and all…” He says, embarrassed again. They both seemed to enjoy the park. But it couldn’t last forever.

“Oh well… time flies.” Franziska said, only partially disappointed because she can always go there when she feels like it. But she would miss Phoenix’s company…

Wait, what am I thinking? She reacts to her thought. But she also blushed this off as just a… unnecessary thought that just popped in her head with no meaning whatsoever. She had nothing special for Phoenix. No, nothing at all. That would be foolish after all. Phoenix put the movie in and they watched it. It was a romance/comedy/drama movie. Trucy picked it for all of them. And they all enjoyed it.

“Heh… so this is what your days are usually like when I’m gone… you two really seem to know how to have fun.” Phoenix says. The clock there rang 7:30. Good thing that they ate there aswell. Phoenix didn’t have to cook anything. And the movie was over…

“Hmm… and it appears that we’re two hours ahead of what we’re supposed to be doing.” Franziska says, insinuating that they would be eating dinner, then watch a movie. But now they have nothing to do…

“Any ideas, Phoenix Wright? After all, this is all your fault.” Franziska says, but she was just saying this to tease Phoenix. And they both knew it.

“I don’t know… Trucy, what do you want to do?” Phoenix asks.

Well, my answer would be getting you two together… but how? Trucy thinks. She suddenly says

“I don’t know, Daddy. How about I just go to sleep? I’m really tired today…” Trucy says, with a yawn.

“Alright. I’ll tuck you in.” Franziska says, before Phoenix could. As she got up, Phoenix accidentally looked beneath her skirt since it was so short and he blushed. A lot. Trucy looked at him and smiled. Franziska tucked Trucy in and went back next to Phoenix, who was still as red as a tomato.

“Hmm? What’s wrong?” She asks, taking the opportunity to try and tease him.

“Wha-? Oh… it’s nothing.” He says. Suddenly an eerie silence filled the room.

“Well, I’ll be seeing you tomorrow. Goodnight, Phoenix Wright.” Franziska says, giving him a faint bow and leaving.

Wow… today was interesting… Especially with Franziska around… looks like Trucy’s doing something about us… just hope she doesn’t go overboard… Phoenix thought as he saw Franziska go out of the door.

I wonder how things are going to turn out…

Chapter 5

Franziska was a little bit tired, not as tired as she is during the week but rather, like she had some big thinking in progress. She just managed to go and get ready to sleep, and as she did she look at her ceiling thinking: What are you doing? Who are you pretending to be? You’re not her mother, nor his couple…

Then she just managed to fall asleep. At the same, time Phoenix stared at the screen of the TV in other night of getting drunk until Keeling Dizzy… he watched a channel’s section were they putted old classics and now they were showing “The steel samurai”. Ha… it’s been a long time since I watched that show… I wonder how Mr. Powers is doing right now… Then, he heard dialogs which he hadn’t heard in a long time: “See you in hell evil magistrate!” As that lines were said The Steel Samurai and the Evil Magistrate charged against eachother and then a blade flew up to the sky facing a big and shinny moon. “The warriors' swords gleam and strike in the moonlight! One has fallen... but who? Only the moon knows! Don't miss next week's exciting episode: "The Dark Messenger Returns!" Then he remembered the last time he saw that episode… with Maya.

Since the case at Hazakurain he hadn’t seen her or had any contact with her. Now, he started to miss her and looked down. He turned the TV off and went to bed.

Early in the morning the Prodigy prosecutor woke up to have breakfast and get dressed for a day of doing nothing at all. She took a shower, got dressed as perfectly as she possibly could, she had breakfast and watched the news until the kid shows started… she turned off the TV, she wouldn’t watch those kinds of things without Trucy… now she started missing the ex-lawyer and the young child. Today her services weren’t required, and she didn’t have anything to do or anyone to be with, or so she thought.

As for the Wright’s, Phoenix woke up with a terrible hangover, as for Trucy she was in her greatest mood. He walked towards the kitchen to make some coffee, and his daughter was having a bowl of cereal. As he walked he hit a shelve and dropped a frame with a picture, as he looked to the mess he made by breaking the glass of the frame he took it and stared at it. It was a picture of Maya, Edgeworth, Gumshoe and himself… back in the good old days when he was an attorney, friendly people surrounded him and he could actually feel like he was important. Then, he decided, he had to tell Maya, for better or for worse.

“Hey Trucy” He suddenly said.

“What is it Daddy?” She didn’t look surprised, but he did catch her attention.

“We’ll be meeting with someone, sweetie… come on, if we hurry we’ll be able to get there by lunch” Then he and Trucy hurried and departed for Kurain.

Again in Franziska’s apartment while she was reading a file from a case she had for the next week when her phone rang, she just assumed Phoenix had trouble with Trucy or wanted company so she without even looking at the ID caller grabbed the phone and said in her usual tone:

“So you still need me to save you, don’t you Phoenix Wright?”

Then a male familiar voice sounded from the other end:

“Well… as a matter of fact I need help, but I’m not Phoenix Wright” It was Edgeworth.

“Miles Edgeworth! Why are you calling me on my day off?”

“Well… knowing you, you’re just reading a files for upcoming trials because you don’t have anything else to do”

“Anyway what do you want? I thought you were following the case in Costigar for the UN”

“I finished of course… I wouldn’t leave without finishing my duty… anyway, I’m just babbling here and I need transport due to the fact I forgot to change Costigarian Money to American dollars”

“How foolishly foolish of you little brother…but okay I don’t have anything better to do at home, I’ll go right away” Then without even saying goodbye she hanged up and left.

As for Phoenix and Trucy they just arrived at Kurain and got of the train.

“So Trucy, did you like travelling on a train?”

“Yeah it was cool! We’ll go on train back home right?” Trucy had that thing that made her get surprised or entertained by anything.

“That’s great sweetie… let’s keep going”

They walked for fifteen minutes or at least Phoenix walked while carrying Trucy on his shoulders. Then, they faced a big manor and he put Trucy down and knocked the door and got to hear something:

“Pearly?”

“Yeas mystic Maya?”

“Could you get the door?”

“Okay!”

As the little girl opened she said: “Who is it?”

“Hi!” Phoenix said and as Pearls looked at him she screamed as loud as she could:

“Mr. Niiiiiiick!” She quickly hugged him, maybe too hard due to the excitement.

Maya ran as she heard Phoenix’s name, as she got to the door she saw them hugging.

“Nick…?”

“Maya…” He stopped hugging Pearls and looked Maya, she hadn’t changed much, she was still around the same size, the same hairdo, some different robes that looked like the ones Misty Fey used before she died.also a staff that looked the same.

“Hey Pearls?”

“Yes Mr. Nick?”

“This is Trucy, Trucy this is Pearl… why don’t you go show her your ball or your room?”

“Sure!” Then both ran towards the insides of the manor.

To break the silence Maya talked first:

“So… what brings you here?”

“I suddenly remembered about you and Pearls so…” he wanted to say I thought about visiting you but he was interrupted.

“Wait… so you suddenly out of nowhere remembered about me and Pearls, but for all this months you didn’t have the guts to come and face me and tell me how you got disbarred! Is that it!?”

“Hey! Don’t think it hasn’t been hard for me..!”

“But I was here!” She stopped and wiped some tears “I was always here! I kept believing you would come some day, maybe crying like a baby or wanting to say hi but you didn’t!”

“You don’t have another human life in your hands also you haven’t messed up your life and job!”

“Why do you think you’re so special? I have to take care of Pearly all by myself because her sister is in prison!”

“I um…”

“But no, wait… you just remembered us so you don’t give a damn about it! Right!?”

Phoenix couldn’t say more… he was embarrassed admitting that what she said was true.

“Y-you may be right… I’m sorry I came to bother you… I’ll go get Trucy and you won’t have to worry”

As he was going to do what he just said, something stopped him. A tight hug from Maya grabbed him from behind.

“Don’t” Said Maya really softly.

“Why? It’s not like I’ve done something to help you”

“At least you came… and I’m really happy you did”

“I’m sorry Maya… I betrayed your trust… everyone’s trust by leaving you all aside”

“I forgive you and I know everyone will…”

Phoenix looked away trying to hide his tears, but as Maya walked in front of him he just couldn’t handle it. He fell on his friend’s shoulder.

“It’s okay Nick, everything it’s going to be alright”

“You know it’s not…”

Franziska was just arriving at the airport. She just parked and went to the inside. She called Edgeworth through her cellphone as she was touched on her shoulder.

“I’m here” Said Miles out of nowhere.

Franziska pushed Edgeworth aside and told him: “Don’t bother me, I already came to pick you up”

“It’s not like I can’t make a little joke to my-sister-in-law, can I?” replied Edgeworth.

“What’s gotten into you? It’s not like you to do this” She pushed him aside and said: “Besides I already got a surprise from you…”

“You mean Wright and his daughter? Yeah, I know I should have told you he adopted her, but why should you care?”

“I’m… babysitting Trucy..:”She said it embarrassed and blushing, she didn’t know why, but she felt embarrassed.

“Oh… I didn’t know Wright would do that, so how is it been?” They kept walking to the parking lot while talking.

“I’m not sure”

“What do you mean with not sure?”

“I’ve started to remember some things…”

“Like what for example?” He said as he got into an elevator.

“My scar on the shoulder, my grunge with Wright… she keeps asking and I don’t have enough strength to say no”

As they reached Franziska’s park, Edgeworth placed his bags in the trunk and kept his suitcase in his hand.

“So… where to?” Said Franziska as she turned the car on.

“Would you like to go eat something? It’s not like I’m rushed to go back to work or to my house”

“… Hm… I guess I would like to” Then they departed.

As they moved along the traffic Edgeworth brought up the subject of before.

“So… what’s the thing this child has that it makes her so difficult to deal with?”

“I-I kind of see myself reflected in her. Like… like if she was me without the raising of my father…”

“… One way or another you had to know what was the right path to follow as a prosecutor and as a human being”

“But now the words what if keep sounding in my mind, I look to the past and see many things that could have been different”

“But now you don’t have to look behind… you look forward and say those words again, maybe this child is a sign of something”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing really… It’s just a stupid way to explain this… hey, why don’t you pull over there? We may have something good there”

Franziska pulled over and looked at the restaurant: Nothomb’s soup.

“It’s not like I love her or anything… but it’s getting awkward”

“You don’t think she is in love with you?”

“Of course not!”

“Then why would she help you?”

“Because she has common sense and can be a good person”

“Hmmm…”

“You know Maya, I’m glad you are willing to advise me but dating Franziska is out of discussion”

“If you say so Nick… but changing the subject…” She sipped her cup of tea and then “How is it been with Trucy?”

“Oh… she is great, very smart and really beautiful… I love her like I’m her real father”

“That’s good… despite all the problems, living with pearls is one of the greatest things too…”

Phoenix felt really comfortable talking this with Maya, after all she was one of his best friends.

From the distance they could hear the laughter of Trucy and Pearls playing.

“They seem to get along, don’t they?”

“Yeah...” They kept talking about how they were and about the girls, peace was returning to the friendship between them.

“So that’s the problem?” Asked Edgeworth.

“Yes... that’s it”

“Let me see if I get this straight, you think a child is trying to get you paired with her father-in-law... and how did you get to that conclusion?”

“I’m not sure, it’s just that... it looks like it, I can’t avoid to think she is really up to something...”

“You must be paranoid, at least for me it appears you are bonding with Wright for better understanding, not a romantic relationship nor an affair”

“... I guess you’re right”

Edgeworth’s words, though they didn’t relief Franziska, they were useful to forget about the mess in her mind.

By the time they finished, Franziska paid and they left.

“So, you want to go somewhere else or you prefer to go home?” Said Franziska, like if she was his driver.

“No... I want to go home, I’m kind of... *Yawn* tired, if it’s not obvious, ha”

“Ok”

“So... I think I better get going, I enjoyed a lot...”

“Me too... you need to come back soon, or maybe I’ll go there, we’ll see”

“Yeah... we’ll see, thanks for everything”

“Bye!” Said Trucy.

“Good-bye” Said Pearls and Maya almost at the same time.

As they left, Phoenix carried Trucy in his shoulders, she fell asleep, and as he walked and carried his beloved daughter, he knew deep inside that what he did just had given him part of his life back.

When they travelled in the train he looked at the distance and started to think:

Could Maya think I’m in love with Franziska?... nah, it’s not like her... besides what we have is just a friendship, she’s taking care of my daughter. But I can’t deny there’s a chance something’s going on...

As he thought endlessly about that repeated subject... the train kept going to its destiny.

“So... goodbye?”

“Yes, goodbye Franziska... thanks for the help and the meal”

“It’s nothing little brother... I’m pleased to know you’re back”

“okay...” As he started to walk towards his apartment building, he stopped and walked back and leaned to the window.

“Hey Franziksa?”

“Yes?”

“The thing about Wright... In my opinion, I think you do really love him... you just haven’t noticed because of your pride, and because no one has ever loved you besides me as a brother... you have to think about it, do you want to spend the rest of your life alone in nothing but perfection? Or you want to give life a chance? If that girl has really taught you something, try to apply it”

“Who do you think you are?!”

Franziska felt scared of what he said, he was annoying her or rather, exposing her feelings. She tried to take her whip and hit him, but he was already leaving.

She started thinking: Do the people really think we’re meant for each other?... it is that important? I’ve lived in perfection just fine but... what is to really live a life? Is it really a life what Trucy showed me?...

She just started driving back to her apartment, and tried to forget about it..

As both of them arrived they both just wanted to rest from a day deep in thought.

Franziska walked to her room and quickly prepared herself to sleep. Phoenix readied Trucy for her to sleep.

“Trucy, did you have fun?”

“Yes, daddy!”

“That’s good sweetie”

Trucy brushed her teeth as Phoenix did.

Franziska walked to her bed and just got into it.

Phoenix got Trucy into bed and headed to his own. As he laid to have some sleep. He looked at his cellphone... wondering if he would need to talk to Franziska...

As he did Franziska did the same thing. But she first took her cellphone and dialed his number.

As Phoenix decided to take his own it rang. And showed the name Franziska Von Karma. He answered and said:

“Yes?”

“It’s me”

“Oh, Franziska... hello”

“Hello Phoenix Wright...”

“Yeah... what is it?”

“I-I don’t know, I just had a really weird day”

“Me too... I finally went to see Maya”

“Really? How did it go?”

“We argued a little bit, but in the end we got along just fine... at least something is fixed in my life...”

“It’s good to hear that... I also did something, not as foolish as that but... I picked my little brother up at the airport”

“Edgeworth’s back?”

“Yes... we had a meal and then I drove him home”

“It’s good... I could meet him someday...”

“Yes... so anyway I just wanted to know if I’ll be needed tomorrow?”

“Well... yes, I’ll also be working”

“Okay... then I suppose I’ll be seeing you tomorrow...”

“Yes... bye.”

“Goodbye”

Both hung up and thought.

I don’t love you.

Well, those are my actual fics, I really want to thank Nat for the help in our recent fic, also go read it at her topic (When she makes it) and leave the good opinions on her too, because I'm not the author, we are.

Something I wanna say, I've seen there have been some people checking out my topic but... it's kinda hard when for almost a month no one comments. Please comment, all of you who may have written fan fics before must know how hard is when people don't say anything. Anyway I thank all of you who have visited... and all of you who will. :larry:

Thanks a lot readers. :franny:
Thanks. It was, is and always will be a pleasure.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"

Last edited by Wanacoba on Sun May 09, 2010 5:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: Wanacoba's Fanfictions (Newest: "Something only she knows")Topic%20Title

:)

Chapter one on the Godot Blend fic felt a little short but both fics are nice. It's a good style of writing.^_^
Something Only She knows is adorable.
Re: Wanacoba's Fanfictions (Newest: "Something only she knows")Topic%20Title

I really really really thank you for posting. I know that the Godot fic is kinda short and weird but that's because it's the first fic I wrote.

Also thanks for Something only she knows, but also give credit to Nat because as it's told up there, it's a collab. So I'm not the author, we are the authors.

Really, thank you.

EDIT: I have to post the next chapter on sunday due to some fucking errors in word that lost all my progress on the third chapter... hope to see the next chapter around tomorrow or monday.
"Getting into law school will make you realize how fucking bonkers these games are... like REALLY"
Re: Wanacoba's Fanfictions. Update: 12/03/09Topic%20Title

As I said before I'll post the chapters in different posts and then put them in the spoiler tag above in the first post.

Something only she knows
by Wanacoba and Nat.

Chapter 1

“Think Phoenix! Think!” Phoenix couldn’t handle being a father and he needed help, it was too much for him. For the time being, some advice would work.

“It’s something wrong daddy?” Said Trucy while she was giving the final details to a drawing of her and Phoenix holding hands.
“Ah... it’s nothing sweetie, you just go on with your drawing so I can see it.” He said that without even noticing what she was drawing, he had a lot of things in his mind.

He was looking for his phone numer list, he had a lot of clients he defended, friends, family and of course emergency services.
When he looked at it, so many things came back to him, just like a dream.

He realized he was daydreaming and started the search for someone who could help.
“Lets see... Maya?” No, she couldn’t help, she was having a lot of hard work, she just started the training to become the master of the Kurain tradition, he felt it was wrong to give her more problems. “Miles?...” No, neither him. He was out of the country again, he said he’ll be going somewhere in Africa called Costigar.
“Larry?... hahahah!” It wasn’t necessary for him to think about it, Larry Butz wasn’t even able to take care of himself.
“Franziska...” He hadn’t seen her in a lot of time, since he was disbarred and that was a year ago. Even if it sounded weird, it was his only option. She had a niece and she must have took care of her at least once.

He started dialing and he tried to come up with an excuse for her to help him.
“Hello? Prosecutors office, how can I help you?” Said a woman, probably the receptionist.

“Yeah, you see... I need to talk to prosecutor Franziska Von Karma.” Said Phoenix with calm.

“Of course sir... by the way, what kind of business do you have with prosecutor Von Karma?”

“Just tell her it’s Phoenix Wright”.

Franziska was writing a report about her latest case, guilty obviously. Suddenly her phone rang and almost at the same time she answered.

“Yes?” Said Franziska, she wasn’t used to receive so many calls so it was annoying. Especially when she was working.

“Miss Von Karma, you have a call on line 2”

“From who?”

“The gentleman said he was Phoenix Wright”

“Phoenix Wright?... why him from all the people I know?”... She hadn’t talked to him since he was disbarred, both she and Miles went to see him at home but when he opened the door she saw a totally different man from the Phoenix Wright she knew... he had a beanie, and hadn’t shaved, he stopped using his suit and just used a jacket and pants and a pair of random sandals...
She realized she was taking too much time to answer the phone.

“Hello? This is Franziska Von Karma.”

“Franziska? Hi! This is Wright, Phoenix Wright”

“I know it’s you, just tell me what you want, I’m very busy and have no time for any foolishness.”

“Okay, okay... I need to tell you about something, I was wondering if we could talk about it with a cup of coffee?” He sounded... different.

“...Fine, I’ll have a coffee with you, Where do we meet up?”

“Go to the... erm, I know, go to the Schroeder cafe in 10 minutes, it’s in Matisse street” Said Phoenix before hanging up.

Then 15 minutes later at the cafe, Franziska was waiting for Phoenix, she ordered an espresso for both of them, he was just walking into the cafe when he realized where Franziska was.

“You’re late” She said in a crisp tone. Efficiency is a very important part of being perfect, after all.

“But it’s just a 5 minute delay”

“That doesn’t change the fact you’re 5 minutes late... I ordered you an espresso, now...” She took a sip and continued “... what did you want to tell me?”

“Well, I was wondering if you could take care of Trucy during the afternoons for the next two weeks, cause I’ll have to make some extra hours in the restaurant to be able to pay this next month bills” Said thinking that Franziska would be aware of his situation, but there was a detail:

She had an idea of where this was going but she dared to ask.
“Wright... Who’s Trucy?”

“Trucy?... she’s my daughter of course”

The look in Franziska’s face was one of total shock and surprise.

“D- daughter!? Since when!?” The whole store was looking at them, it wasn’t strange after the scream Franziska threw into the conversation.

“C-Calm down Franziska! Look, let’s ask for the check and I’ll tell you on the way to my office”

As they payed for their unfinished coffees, they left the cafe and headed for the office Phoenix still had.
“So... how did that stupidity happen to you? How could a child fall in your foolish hands?”

“You know about my last case, don’t you?”

“Yes, of course, Miles Edgeworth told me about it and then I read the file”

“Well, she is the daughter of my client, I’m taking care of her, It’s better than an orphanage”

“And what kind of a foolish idea is that?” she said while they were in front of the building.

“Edgeworth’s kind of idea, I asked him for advice and he told me I could use the company and by chance not letting she suffer the sad expirience of being in an orphanage, gladly I don’t have the pleasure of having lived in one”

“So... you want me to take care of her?”

“Yes” Said, while he opened the door of the office “And there she is”

Trucy was watching a magic show on T.V of some guy making a dog spin over his head and other nonsense like that.

“Hi daddy!” Said as she ran towards him, by the time she reached him, he hugged her, then he letted her go and said:

“Trucy, this is Franziska a friend of mine.”

The look on her face was no longer of surprise, anger or shock she was trapped by the cute stare Trucy had in her eyes.

“Hi Ms.Franziska! Are you daddy’s new girlfriend or something?”

She immediately blushed and answered:

“No! No... I’m just... a friend of his, I will be taking care of you during the next two weeks, that’s it”

“Then you really want to take care of her?” Phoenix interrupted.

“Of course, I can’t let you leave this girl at the care of someone who’s not as perfect as I am”

“Well, you’ll start today, I’ll be leaving everyday at 5 in the afternoon and I’ll be back at midnight, the only thing I’m asking you is that you give her dinner at 7 o'clock and that she goes to bed at 9:30.”

“Okay...” she was taking notes of the times Phoenix was telling her.

“Okay... that’s it” Phoenix looked at his watch and grabing some stuff quickly, he said “Well, I gotta go now, it’s almost 5 O’ clock” He approached Trucy while she drew something and said:

“Bye Trucy, I’ll be going now to work” he said and right after that he kissed her cheek.

“Bye daddy! Take care!” Said the cute and innocent child as she waved her hand in a gesture.

Then the door was closed and the first day was just beginning.

“So... you’re Trucy right?”

“Yep, Wright... Trucy Wright, professional magician”

“Well, I’m Franziska Von Karma the prosecutors prodigy and it’s nice to meet you”

And so the conversation went on about both the major interests of both of them, for Trucy with magic and Franziska with prosecution. By the time she realized, it was already 7 O’ Clock.

“So... it’s 7 O’ clock. What do you say about having dinner?”

“Sure!”

They both had their dinner, Franziska did the dishes and then:

“Say Franziska, would you like to see a movie?”

“Well, your father has got plenty of them in that pile”

“Yeah, isn’t it cool? There is Samurai disco, Steel Samurai versus the Evil Magistrate 2, Way of the samurai 3 and much others”

“What’s with the Samurai movies?” Thought Franziska “He’s old enough to be tired of those... What am I thinking? Maya Fey has obviously something to do with this movies”

“Okay... mmm... I know! Let’s watch Samurai news! It’s about this guy who is a reporter but secretly is the hero of his city!” Said Trucy after looking through the gigantic piles of DVD’s.

“What’s a reporter got to do with being a samurai?” Franziska wasn’t used to the all common Samurai movies Phoenix and Trucy were used to watch

“Aww come on! You’ll like it!”

It was impossible for Franziska to say no to such a cute girl even with her ruthless nature.

“Okay, Let’s watch the Samurai... whatever it is”

For the next 2 hours Trucy laughed and watched with thrill the movie. Franziska was also watching, trying to get the idea.
“So... you liked it?” Asked Trucy with expectations for which answer would Franziska give her.

“Not really, it was a little foolish” Said Franziska coldly but actually she enjoyed the movie and looked away and covered her mouth several times to hide prevent from laughing and letting Trucy see her like that.

Although Trucy wasn’t foolish not to realize that. “You’re lying, you must’ve enjoyed it a lot if you’re trying that hard to hide it, don’t be embarrassed, I won’t tell anybody not even my daddy”

“O-okay...” Franziska was surprised of how she found out how she lied or even more about the things she said and how she said it. Trucy apart from being a 8 year old girl, she was also really mature.

“We’ll it’s getting late, I promised your father to get you into bed 10 minutes ago” Franziska commented as she checked her watch.

“Okay, Franny!... Can I call you Franny?”

“Okay, Trucy, I don’t mind” She didn’t mind because it was her, if Phoenix or someone else called her Franny, she would whip them to death. Besides, she can’t whip a 8 year old girl.

As soon as Trucy wore her pyjamas decorated with images of bunnies coming out of hats and doves flying Franziska got her into bed.

“Franny? Can I ask you something?” Trucy looked more serious than ever, not like a live or death matter but it looked like it was something Trucy was worried about.

“What is it Trucy?” Replied Franziska with calm.

“Can you tell me how did you know my dad?” It was an easy question, yet she felt nostalgic about it,
Franzsika sat on the bed next to Trucy, took a deep sigh and started picking up her memories for Trucy to understand them.

“It was a few years ago, he was still a lawyer and I as the prosecutor had to face him. I wasn’t being professional, I wanted to face him because of personal matters... I hated him” She said, lowering her voice with each word.

“Why did you hate daddy?”

“I believed he had killed my father and my brother... I believed he had taken everything from me... but he taught me a lot of things including how foolish I was because of the hatred I held towards him” She lowered her view as well as she finished.

“Don’t worry! I don’t know my mom and my real father is missing but daddy is always there for me” Exclaimed Trucy ignoring the pain involved with the things Franziska said.

“No, it’s not that... but anyway, in the end your dad will always have a place in my heart becuase of all the things he did for me”.

“Do you love him?”

“No, nothing like that”

“Do you hate him?”

”Does it have to be one or the other? Love or hate?”

“Between a man and a woman? Of course! If there’s at least one of them in love, it should be like that”

“But I don’t love him and surely he doesn’t love me...” She replied, answering Trucy’s question when she was interrupted.

Trucy left a huge yawn out and then said: “Well... I’m kinda tired so... see you tomorrow”
Franziska stood up, cuddled Trucy and before turning the lights off she whispered: “Good night”

Just talking to her for less than five minutes brought so many moments in her past. So much pain, so much joy and sadness.

“This won’t be so bad after all” she thought.

Trucy was an intelligent and cheerful little girl so she was pleased to deal with her.

Franziska made some coffee and layed on the couch to read her case files, while she waited for Phoenix, but soon she fell into a deep sleep.

Phoenix got down from the taxi and told the driver to wait for a lady who would come out from the building. He looked up and saw the lights of the office on. He assumed it was Franziska.

As he went into the apartment he didn’t see anyone. “Franziska? You there?” Yet there was no response.

He moved deeper into the apartment and finally in the couch, he found Franziska asleep with some files on the floor. He picked them up and placed them into a folder. Then he went to look for a blanket and he placed it over Franziska.
Suddenly she woke up and jumped from the couch. Their faces ended up so close that they could even feel each other’s breathing. Franziska and Phoenix were blushing very intensely. Then she pushed him aside and started recovering from the nap she took.

“You’re... um... *yawn*... 20 minutes late” Even being half sleepy she tried to be as sharp as possible.

“Well, at least you weren’t awake to be bored waiting, were you?” Said Phoenix with a smile on his face.

“Shut up Phoenix wright” She answered knowing he was right. Even if it was something so small.

“By the way... there’s a taxi down there, I told the driver to wait for you”.

“Oh... thank you for the foolish gesture, Phoenix Wright”

As she headed for the door and opened it, she stopped turned, around and said:

“Phoenix Wright?”

“Yes?”

“You’ve got an interesting daughter, you can assure yourself that I’ll be here tomorrow”

Then without more interruptions she closed the door behind her and walked downstairs. She saw the taxi and went towards it, and before getting into it she looked up to the window of the apartment and saw Phoenix watching her. She though it was her imagination and got into the vehicle.

She indicated the street where she lived and the taxi started leaving. Now she remembered a pocket in her purse, one she hadn’t opened in a long time... it was a card, it was wrinkled, she watched and it had a blurry drawing of someone over a seashell then she remembered... and started thinking:

“Does it have to be one of them? Love or hate?”

Chapter 2

Franziska layed on her bed, thinking about what Trucy told her. She didn’t hate Phoenix Wright after helping her realize what a fool she was for following her father, but she wasn’t sure what she felt about him. She did spend some time having a sort of akward feeling when he was around but only for a little while. She slowly drifted to sleep after thinking too much about it.

The next evening, she went to Phoenix’s apartment again. Trucy greeted her with a very friendly ‘hello’ and Phoenix gave her a couple of details for that day. He had already prepared dinner for Trucy so he wouldn’t have to make her do any extra work.

“I’ll see you later then, Franziska. Trucy kept going asking when you were coming. You seem to get along well.” Phoenix said with a smile.

“She also told me about the conversation yesterday. Heh, don’t worry if she does that again. She’s just a little curious. If she gets a little too personal, the best thing to do is change the subject.” Phoenix warns Franziska.

“Hey!” Trucy protests. If she wants to know, she will get to know what’s going on.

“Try not disturbing Franziska too much, Trucy.” Phoenix says, joking around.

“Alright, daddy.” Trucy replies.

“I’m so late! I’ll see you later!” Phoenix says as he leaves with a hurry.

Franziska sits down on the sofa and looks at Trucy drawing something again.

“You seem to be very interested in drawing.” Franziska says while looking at Trucy drawing a picture of a man blushing and a woman not noticing anything.

“What’s this?” Franziska asks.

“Nothing…” Trucy says, hiding the picture, not wanting to reveal anything… yet.

“Is there something wrong with the picture?” Franziska asks, curiously. Trucy just rubs everything off.
“Was there something I should know about in it?” Franziska asks, suspecting the child.

“No, not at all!” Trucy says, drawing a rabbit coming out of a hat instead.

“Hmm… alright then.” Franziska says, deciding to leave Trucy along. She looks at her watch.

“It’s 7 p.m. Time to eat.” Franziska says, going into the kitchen to give Trucy the meal Phoenix had left for her.

After Trucy ate dinner, she went and changed into her pajamas and went on the sofa with Franziska.

“So, Franny, what do you think about daddy?” Trucy innocently asks.

“My opinion of you father? Well… all I can say is that he is a good man with the right perspective of things.” Franziska tells Trucy.

“Daddy is a nice man… so why did you whip him before?” Trucy asks again.

“It was only done because I was forced to be perfect by my father. I was given the whip and taught how to use it for my own gain. I have a lot to thank Phoenix Wright for. If he hadn’t showed me that I shouldn’t care about perfection, he’s be dead by now.” Franziska said with a giggle.

“Ohhh…It looks like your daddy wasn’t a good daddy…” Trucy says, feeling Franziska’s pain.

“No he wasn’t. Not at all. That’s why I’m trying so hard not to be like him.” Franziska says disappointedly.

“What are we going to do now?”
“What do you want to do, Trucy?” Franziska asks. She doesn’t exactly know how to associate with a normal eight year old.

“How about we watch a movie! This time daddy picked something special for us!” Trucy says happily, finding the DVD her father left there.

“He certainly did take care of things for today.” Franziska says, looking at Trucy attempting to find it.

“Of course! Daddy wanted you to have as little trouble watching after me as possible!” Trucy says, smiling. “Found it!” She suddenly says with excitement and she grabs the DVD.
“What’s this movie?” Franziska asks.

“It’s a romance movie. My favourite type! It isn’t exacty normal for eight year olds but I like romantic things…” Trucy says, mildly blushing.

“I wouldn’t mind. What is it about?” Franziska asks.

“It’s appareantly about this man who has to work a lot to pay for things because he’s very poor and he calls the woman he has a huge crush on to babysit his adopted son because his son’s actual parents died in an accident…” Trucy says, reading the back of the box.

“Sounds… interesting…” Franziska says, suspecting something.

The movie was over too quickly, as Trucy would have put it. She was very into the movie, bouncing up and down everytime something that gave hints to the actors being in love showed up, and especially when the actors kissed in the movie.

Strange daughter indeed… Franziska thinks. An eight year old into all this romance. But then it could be completely normal at this age. She wouldn’t know. She never had an ordinary childhood after all. Franziska looks at her watch, seeing that Trucy has five minutes until she has to go to sleep.

“It’s almost time for you to sleep.” Franziska announces.

“Ok Franny!” Trucy says, running into bed.

Franziska follows her and tucks her in.

“Good night.” Franziska says.

“Good night, Franny. I’ll see you tomorrow!” Young Trucy says as she drifts to sleep. Or at least appears to.

She got up when Franziska went out of the room and started taking notes of what happened today.

Franny and daddy are definetly in love, I just know it!
Suddenly Phoenix came in to see Franziska on the sofa.

“Hey, Franziska.” Phoenix says, lightly nudging her arm to wake her up.

“Ugh… who woke me- Oh, Phoenix Wright.” Franziska says, suddenly blushing seeing that she just yelled at Phoenix like that.

“Thanks for taking care of Trucy again. I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Phoenix says sheepishly.
“Of course, you fool.”

Chapter 3

As Franziska went to get the taxi she was now used to get from Phoenix, she just hoped in and told the driver the adress of her apartment. Phoenix Looked out the windows and saw the taxi leaving, then he just took off his Bernie and his jacket and just in pants and a White T-shirt he slowly openned the door of Trucy’s bedroom to see how she was.

“… good, no doubt it’s Franziska’s work” Then he exactly like before, closed the door slowly. Then he went to the kitchen to get some wine and watch some T.V until he felt dizzy or sleepy or maybe both. Then he sitted, turned the T.V on and drank some wine, in the T.V he saw some kind of interview show with the major as the guest. Phoenix turned off the T.V and went to his bed and as he started to fall asleep he thought :“Why from all people did you choose her?”.

As Franziska arrived at her apartment, she paid the taxi driver with and got out, as she got in she sitted in the Couch and Looked at what she had griten about that day. Mostly she stopped at when she remembered about Trucy’s drawing which had left her with a question: “Trucy has the idea that me and her dad are or will be a couple?” Then she alone laughed and told to herself that it was impossible. He was just a friendo and nothing else, she had to tell this to Phoenix, it Could be bad that a child had such hopes for an impossible relationship. Then she just went to sleep.

At the next day after court she went to the gym and swam for about 1 hour. As she left the gym and headed to Phoenix’s department, she hadn’t time to drop by her own apartment and leave her swiming suit nor the sports bag. It was one of the activities Franziska most enjoyed, it was good and released some stress.

Franziska arrived at 17:00 as always and when she came in Trucy Lockheed away from the T.V and claimed: “Franny!” She ran towards Franziska and hugged her. Franziska tried to hug her back in response and said: “Hi Trucy” After that, Trucy went back to watch T.V.

“Phoenix Wright, we need to talk” Then she quietly dragged Phoenix to his room.

“What is it Franziska?” Phoenix had a doubt about what could she say, maybe it was something stupid like the kind of details that make Franziska angry.

“It’s about your daughter… I think she’s taking the wrong idea about us” She said this remembering the drawing and hoping that Phoenix really didn’t feel anything for her.

“What do you mean?”

“She thinks we are dating or something foolish like that” it was harmful for her to make ilussions and then get dissapointed.

“… well, just tell her, but if you prefer, I’ll handle it as her father I also have to take responsability” He was afraid that Franziska had told Trucy something like her feeling something for him.

“I’d prefer that you do it when I’m not here… I wouldn’t want to foolishly destroy everything by myself”

“Hey, we are both on this matter so don’t try to get out of the situation… I’ll come up with something to fix this okay?” He said with a kind of irritated look and then as he Lockheed at his watch he said: “Dammit! I gotta go now!” Then he ran out of the room went to Trucy and quickly kissed her in the forehead and yelled: “goodbye!” as he was just closing the door.

Trucy just managed to say: “Hmmm… bye…” Then she looked back at the screen.

Franziska came out of Phoenix’s room and just managed to take of her usual jacket, not because she was crzy or felt funny, just because it was one of the hottest day’s in the year, then Franziska just managed to fallo n the Couch and look at the screen with Trucy and she just managed to look at her and wonder what was she thinking.

“Franny?” Trucy said suddenly.

“What is it?...” Franziska felt surprised because she was really into a file she was reading.

“It’s really hot today huh?”

“... well, yeah… there’s nothing we can do against foolish mistakes made by the foolish weather lady…”

“Hey, I’ve got an idea!” Trucy although she grew up apparently only interested or amused by magic, she also had some certain activities she liked, some rather interesting ones.

“You like playing with hoses?”

“W-what do you mean playing with hoses? Like the ones that throw foolish water?” She couldn’t understand something that innocent from her. But as the reason was always becoming obvious: Franziska never had a normal childhood.

“Of course!... wanna do it tomorrow? You can bring you swimming suit and we can play!” She was just unnaware of her just comming from swimming in the gym.

She had a conflict about if it was right to do it but, as for it sounded foolish to her, it seemed interesting.

“Well, I just came from the Gym and I used my swimming suit so… well, we can go now, I’d just have to change” She said this as she stood up.

“Really!? Cool! I’ll go change right now!...” She ran towards her room and as soon as she reached the door she turned and saw Franziska still standing with the Couch behinid her “…what are standing still? Go change Franny!” Then she closed her door to change into her swimsuit.

Franziska stayed standing and then just reacted to go change in Phoenix’s room.

Why are you doing this?This isn’t like you at all! You just can react without hesitation to something an 8 year old tells you! Franziska started thinking, after all in the past she just would have just wanted to whip someone, but now she just acted as Trucy wanted. Was it something in her? Or it just was that Trucy started to release the kind and life enjoying Franziska Von Karma who had been locked up by some wrong teachings?

As she finished changing and borrowing sandals from Phoenix’s wardrobe, she came out and looked at Trucy sitting in the Couch as she looked and said:

“Come on! Let’s go!” Then she grabbed Franziska’s arm, the only reason she stopped was to get the keys, it would be too much embarrassment for the Prodigy prosecutor to make such a foolish mistake.

As they went to a common space in the apartments whre they had the hoses to spray the grass. Trucy took one and Franziska just managed to wait for her to show her how this game was placed.

“So… Um, Trucy who do you pla- Agh!” Then she was suddenly sprayed with lots of water in her face.

“Haha! I gotcha’!” Claimed Trucy.

Franziska, thought it was kind of a water fight so she just turned on another hose and so the great prosecutor and the young child started spraying each other with water. In between the giggles and laughs Franziska gave a quick thought Did I miss that much of a normal childhood? If he wouldn’t have been my father, would I have expirienced the fun I’m having now? She also she felt a weird stare from Trucy but soon she forgot about it as the water fight continued.

They stayed there for like an hour and a half. So she looked at her conviniently waterproof watch that it was 6:36.

“Hey Trucy… It’s already 6:30, wanna get going back to the apartment so we eat something?” She didn’t know about Trucy but she was starving.

“Okay! I’m hungry as well!” She just knew it, it was her special power after all.

They went into the apartment and as soon as they finished changing back into their clothes, of course using a towel in their head to dry their hair. They started eating Lasagna. She just looked at a messy kitchen with a note that said: “I took the time to make something good for both of you! Bon appétit! And there was a bad drawing of a guy with spiky hair.

As they finished, she and Franziska kept talking and then just watched an interview to a man who did magic, Trucy said it was her uncle but he didn’t look anything like her. Maybe he just was a friend of his dad or something I’t wasn’t like he had any normal friends obviously except Edgeworth and the deseased Mia Fey. She had to admit, she had some things that didn’t fit in the common 20 year old woman.

Then it was getting close to Trucy’s bed time and Franziska said: “Well, 9:00 PM, start getting ready to sleep”

Trucy quickly stood up and ran towards the bathroom carrying her pijamas to wash her teeth and change her clothes, Franziska got ready her bed and waited sitting at the side of the bed.

Trucy soon came out and then got into bed. As Franziska kissed her forehead and said kindly: “Good night, Trucy” Trucy stopped her.

“Franny, wait!”

“What is it Trucy?” She turned and looked directly to Trucy.

“It’s just that… um, I realised tht you have…” She traed to tell her, but she didn’t know if it’d make her angry or something like that.

“You want to ask about the scar in my right shoulder, don’t you?” It was kinda obvious, besides, when they were playing outside she felt she was staring her in a weird way.

“Um… yes, what happened to you?” She kept staring at her right shoulder.

Franziska got closer to Trucy and as she took off her shirt only in the section of her shoulder and showed the Scar that had a round form “I was shot a few years ago befote a really important case when I had to face you dad”

“But why were you shot? Did you made someone angry?” Phoenix never told her much about when he was a lawyer maybe it was because it was painfull or it had too many horrible things in it. He had just murder cases all the time.

“I just was in the way of a really evil man, that man tricked a lot of people to acomplish in his career... something like I used to be…” Then she just stood up and traed to get out of there.

“You don’t have to feel sorry, it was all for the better, if you hadn’t been like that you wouldn’t have my dad to show you how to be nice, and now you can thank him all you want. If you have someone to thank then I think things are worth it…” Then she just managed to yawn and lay her head on her pillow.

Franziska turned off the lights and as she closed the door she thought to herself: You may be right Trucy… you may be right...

When she was done, she did the usual of writting a little list of what happened that day. Then she sat and started filling some paper work of the case she finished that same day… then she just managed to drink coffee and write.

As Phoenix got there he just saw Franziska sleeping at the side of a pile of paper work. He just shaked her shoulder a little bit while saying:

“Wake up Franziska!... Dammit, I’ve should have known” Then he just whispered at her ear: “Fraaaaaaaanny…”

Then all of a sudden Franziska oponed her eyes and grabbed her whip and attacked Phoenix furiously. He fell to the ground and as she woke up completely she saw him on the ground Laughing. He was in pain but he just couldn’t resist to laugh at such a reaction from her.

“You fool!” She stood up, grabbed her purse, her jacket and her files, then as she started leaving she turned and said: “Phoenix Wright, I’ll be seeing you tomorrow, I’ll arrive a little bit earlier so we talk about this problem we are in, bye…” Then as she was leaving she stopped again but now stopped by Phoenix.

“Hey Franziska… thanks for everything… really…” He looked like someone she knew… or like the Phoenix Wright he used to be.

“You don’t have to thank me, it’s a pleasure to deal with Trucy…” Then she closed the door and left. As she went down the stairs to get the usual taxi she thought about this matter… how were they going to tell Trucy?

But soon she reached the taxi and forgot it.

Phoenix looked at her leave. Then he turned towards the table Franziska has her files and saw a piece of paper she left. He took it and it said:

Today I remembered so many things that I lost in the way to become the woman I am. But Trucy, as she has a missing father and a dead mother she lives with joy because she has a caring father and she believes she has a new mother. She reminded me what real innocent fun is, it doesn’t matter how you have fun but with who you have it. I showed her my scar. The one made by De Killer 3 years ago. This girl just keeps bringing memories of the past, of when I was the one who needed help. Now, I’ve got to help him.

Chapter 4

Yet another babysitting day came for Franziska. She realized that it’s already been a week since she started babysitting Trucy. And she had to admit, she had fun taking care of her. Although sometimes it did get out of hand when she mentioned something having to do with Franziska and Phoenix having some sort of relationship but Franziska simply brushed it off. She realized that it was just another situation like Pearl. Always thinking Phoenix and Maya belong together when they really don’t.

Don’t belong together? Who am I to get in their way? Franziska thought suddenly realizing that she was spacing out. She just took no notice of it and kept going straight to Phoenix’s apartment. She knocked on the door to find Phoenix there. As usual.

“Hey Franziska. I forgot to tell you that I don’t have to work today... I’m really sorry… I mean… if you want you can come with me and Trucy to the local park…” Phoenix says, really embarrassed that he got Franziska all the way here for nothing.

“Alright then. I don’t have anything to do today.” Franziska says, slightly smiling at Phoenix.

“That’s great! I’ll be right back and we could all go together.” He says, calling out to Trucy who bounced out of her room. She always loved the park with it’s fresh air and green grass. Nature was always one of Trucy’s interests. Phoenix went into his room, remembering to put his wallet and his phone in his pants before leaving. He came out and they were ready to go.

During the walk there Phoenix tried bringing up a conversation which Franziska just went along with. When she was talking to him, she was starting to see that he’s not as foolish as she pictured him to be. Maybe she misjudged him.

They soon arrived at the park when Trucy ran as fast as she could to play. Phoenix and Franziska just decided to sit on a bench and make sure Trucy stays alright.

“So…” Phoenix says, trying to start a conversation to break the silence between them. “How’s babysitting Trucy going?”

“It’s going well. Trucy’s a very well behaved child. I think that you just might have what it takes to be a good and responsible father.” Franziska says, smiling warmly at him, making Phoenix blush.

“Heh… thanks.” He says nervously. Suddenly, Trucy stops to look at them and smile happily. Phoenix was blushing in front of Franziska. Trucy took that as a good sign.

They’re practically made for each other, I just know it! She thinks. And then she remembers that she should continue playing or else she’d look suspicious.

Phoenix suddenly looked at Trucy, who was just standing there, looking at them.

“Hey Trucy, anything wrong?” Phoenix asks, ready to get off the bench to go next to her until Trucy stopped him.

“No, it’s alright Daddy. I just saw a fly…” Trucy says, quickly coming up with an excuse and praising herself for such quick thinking.

“Alright then. Make sure you don’t get hurt.” Phoenix says, buying what Trucy said. He sat back down and accidentally stretched his arm over Franziska. He quickly pulled his hand back.

“Sorry… I was just stretching…” Phoenix says, blushing again.
“It’s alright.” Franziska replies, short and swift. Phoenix checked his watch and saw that an hour had already passed. And he had prepared a movie for all of them to see. He did a double-take.

“Ah… We should go home… I have a movie for all of us to see and all…” He says, embarrassed again. They both seemed to enjoy the park. But it couldn’t last forever.

“Oh well… time flies.” Franziska said, only partially disappointed because she can always go there when she feels like it. But she would miss Phoenix’s company…

Wait, what am I thinking? She reacts to her thought. But she also blushed this off as just a… unnecessary thought that just popped in her head with no meaning whatsoever. She had nothing special for Phoenix. No, nothing at all. That would be foolish after all. Phoenix put the movie in and they watched it. It was a romance/comedy/drama movie. Trucy picked it for all of them. And they all enjoyed it.

“Heh… so this is what your days are usually like when I’m gone… you two really seem to know how to have fun.” Phoenix says. The clock there rang 7:30. Good thing that they ate there aswell. Phoenix didn’t have to cook anything. And the movie was over…

“Hmm… and it appears that we’re two hours ahead of what we’re supposed to be doing.” Franziska says, insinuating that they would be eating dinner, then watch a movie. But now they have nothing to do…

“Any ideas, Phoenix Wright? After all, this is all your fault.” Franziska says, but she was just saying this to tease Phoenix. And they both knew it.

“I don’t know… Trucy, what do you want to do?” Phoenix asks.

Well, my answer would be getting you two together… but how? Trucy thinks. She suddenly says

“I don’t know, Daddy. How about I just go to sleep? I’m really tired today…” Trucy says, with a yawn.

“Alright. I’ll tuck you in.” Franziska says, before Phoenix could. As she got up, Phoenix accidentally looked beneath her skirt since it was so short and he blushed. A lot. Trucy looked at him and smiled. Franziska tucked Trucy in and went back next to Phoenix, who was still as red as a tomato.

“Hmm? What’s wrong?” She asks, taking the opportunity to try and tease him.

“Wha-? Oh… it’s nothing.” He says. Suddenly an eerie silence filled the room.

“Well, I’ll be seeing you tomorrow. Goodnight, Phoenix Wright.” Franziska says, giving him a faint bow and leaving.

Wow… today was interesting… Especially with Franziska around… looks like Trucy’s doing something about us… just hope she doesn’t go overboard… Phoenix thought as he saw Franziska go out of the door.

I wonder how things are going to turn out…

Chapter 5

Franziska was a little bit tired, not as tired as she is during the week but rather, like she had some big thinking in progress. She just managed to go and get ready to sleep, and as she did she look at her ceiling thinking: What are you doing? Who are you pretending to be? You’re not her mother, nor his couple…

Then she just managed to fall asleep. At the same, time Phoenix stared at the screen of the TV in other night of getting drunk until Keeling Dizzy… he watched a channel’s section were they putted old classics and now they were showing “The steel samurai”. Ha… it’s been a long time since I watched that show… I wonder how Mr. Powers is doing right now… Then, he heard dialogs which he hadn’t heard in a long time: “See you in hell evil magistrate!” As that lines were said The Steel Samurai and the Evil Magistrate charged against eachother and then a blade flew up to the sky facing a big and shinny moon. “The warriors' swords gleam and strike in the moonlight! One has fallen... but who? Only the moon knows! Don't miss next week's exciting episode: "The Dark Messenger Returns!" Then he remembered the last time he saw that episode… with Maya.

Since the case at Hazakurain he hadn’t seen her or had any contact with her. Now, he started to miss her and looked down. He turned the TV off and went to bed.

Early in the morning the Prodigy prosecutor woke up to have breakfast and get dressed for a day of doing nothing at all. She took a shower, got dressed as perfectly as she possibly could, she had breakfast and watched the news until the kid shows started… she turned off the TV, she wouldn’t watch those kinds of things without Trucy… now she started missing the ex-lawyer and the young child. Today her services weren’t required, and she didn’t have anything to do or anyone to be with, or so she thought.

As for the Wright’s, Phoenix woke up with a terrible hangover, as for Trucy she was in her greatest mood. He walked towards the kitchen to make some coffee, and his daughter was having a bowl of cereal. As he walked he hit a shelve and dropped a frame with a picture, as he looked to the mess he made by breaking the glass of the frame he took it and stared at it. It was a picture of Maya, Edgeworth, Gumshoe and himself… back in the good old days when he was an attorney, friendly people surrounded him and he could actually feel like he was important. Then, he decided, he had to tell Maya, for better or for worse.

“Hey Trucy” He suddenly said.

“What is it Daddy?” She didn’t look surprised, but he did catch her attention.

“We’ll be meeting with someone, sweetie… come on, if we hurry we’ll be able to get there by lunch” Then he and Trucy hurried and departed for Kurain.

Again in Franziska’s apartment while she was reading a file from a case she had for the next week when her phone rang, she just assumed Phoenix had trouble with Trucy or wanted company so she without even looking at the ID caller grabbed the phone and said in her usual tone:

“So you still need me to save you, don’t you Phoenix Wright?”

Then a male familiar voice sounded from the other end:

“Well… as a matter of fact I need help, but I’m not Phoenix Wright” It was Edgeworth.

“Miles Edgeworth! Why are you calling me on my day off?”

“Well… knowing you, you’re just reading a files for upcoming trials because you don’t have anything else to do”

“Anyway what do you want? I thought you were following the case in Costigar for the UN”

“I finished of course… I wouldn’t leave without finishing my duty… anyway, I’m just babbling here and I need transport due to the fact I forgot to change Costigarian Money to American dollars”

“How foolishly foolish of you little brother…but okay I don’t have anything better to do at home, I’ll go right away” Then without even saying goodbye she hanged up and left.

As for Phoenix and Trucy they just arrived at Kurain and got of the train.

“So Trucy, did you like travelling on a train?”

“Yeah it was cool! We’ll go on train back home right?” Trucy had that thing that made her get surprised or entertained by anything.

“That’s great sweetie… let’s keep going”

They walked for fifteen minutes or at least Phoenix walked while carrying Trucy on his shoulders. Then, they faced a big manor and he put Trucy down and knocked the door and got to hear something:

“Pearly?”

“Yeas mystic Maya?”

“Could you get the door?”

“Okay!”

As the little girl opened she said: “Who is it?”

“Hi!” Phoenix said and as Pearls looked at him she screamed as loud as she could:

“Mr. Niiiiiiick!” She quickly hugged him, maybe too hard due to the excitement.

Maya ran as she heard Phoenix’s name, as she got to the door she saw them hugging.

“Nick…?”

“Maya…” He stopped hugging Pearls and looked Maya, she hadn’t changed much, she was still around the same size, the same hairdo, some different robes that looked like the ones Misty Fey used before she died.also a staff that looked the same.

“Hey Pearls?”

“Yes Mr. Nick?”

“This is Trucy, Trucy this is Pearl… why don’t you go show her your ball or your room?”

“Sure!” Then both ran towards the insides of the manor.

To break the silence Maya talked first:

“So… what brings you here?”

“I suddenly remembered about you and Pearls so…” he wanted to say I thought about visiting you but he was interrupted.

“Wait… so you suddenly out of nowhere remembered about me and Pearls, but for all this months you didn’t have the guts to come and face me and tell me how you got disbarred! Is that it!?”

“Hey! Don’t think it hasn’t been hard for me..!”

“But I was here!” She stopped and wiped some tears “I was always here! I kept believing you would come some day, maybe crying like a baby or wanting to say hi but you didn’t!”

“You don’t have another human life in your hands also you haven’t messed up your life and job!”

“Why do you think you’re so special? I have to take care of Pearly all by myself because her sister is in prison!”

“I um…”

“But no, wait… you just remembered us so you don’t give a damn about it! Right!?”

Phoenix couldn’t say more… he was embarrassed admitting that what she said was true.

“Y-you may be right… I’m sorry I came to bother you… I’ll go get Trucy and you won’t have to worry”

As he was going to do what he just said, something stopped him. A tight hug from Maya grabbed him from behind.

“Don’t” Said Maya really softly.

“Why? It’s not like I’ve done something to help you”

“At least you came… and I’m really happy you did”

“I’m sorry Maya… I betrayed your trust… everyone’s trust by leaving you all aside”

“I forgive you and I know everyone will…”

Phoenix looked away trying to hide his tears, but as Maya walked in front of him he just couldn’t handle it. He fell on his friend’s shoulder.

“It’s okay Nick, everything it’s going to be alright”

“You know it’s not…”

Franziska was just arriving at the airport. She just parked and went to the inside. She called Edgeworth through her cellphone as she was touched on her shoulder.

“I’m here” Said Miles out of nowhere.

Franziska pushed Edgeworth aside and told him: “Don’t bother me, I already came to pick you up”

“It’s not like I can’t make a little joke to my-sister-in-law, can I?” replied Edgeworth.

“What’s gotten into you? It’s not like you to do this” She pushed him aside and said: “Besides I already got a surprise from you…”

“You mean Wright and his daughter? Yeah, I know I should have told you he adopted her, but why should you care?”

“I’m… babysitting Trucy..:”She said it embarrassed and blushing, she didn’t know why, but she felt embarrassed.

“Oh… I didn’t know Wright would do that, so how is it been?” They kept walking to the parking lot while talking.

“I’m not sure”

“What do you mean with not sure?”

“I’ve started to remember some things…”

“Like what for example?” He said as he got into an elevator.

“My scar on the shoulder, my grudge with Wright… she keeps asking and I don’t have enough strength to say no”

As they reached Franziska’s park, Edgeworth placed his bags in the trunk and kept his suitcase in his hand.

“So… where to?” Said Franziska as she turned the car on.

“Would you like to go eat something? It’s not like I’m rushed to go back to work or to my house”

“… Hm… I guess I would like to” Then they departed.

As they moved along the traffic Edgeworth brought up the subject of before.

“So… what’s the thing this child has that it makes her so difficult to deal with?”

“I-I kind of see myself reflected in her. Like… like if she was me without the raising of my father…”

“… One way or another you had to know what was the right path to follow as a prosecutor and as a human being”

“But now the words what if keep sounding in my mind, I look to the past and see many things that could have been different”

“But now you don’t have to look behind… you look forward and say those words again, maybe this child is a sign of something”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing really… It’s just a stupid way to explain this… hey, why don’t you pull over there? We may have something good there”

Franziska pulled over and looked at the restaurant: Nothomb’s soup.

“It’s not like I love her or anything… but it’s getting awkward”

“You don’t think she is in love with you?”

“Of course not!”

“Then why would she help you?”

“Because she has common sense and can be a good person”

“Hmmm…”

“You know Maya, I’m glad you are willing to advise me but dating Franziska is out of discussion”

“If you say so Nick… but changing the subject…” She sipped her cup of tea and then “How is it been with Trucy?”

“Oh… she is great, very smart and really beautiful… I love her like I’m her real father”

“That’s good… despite all the problems, living with pearls is one of the greatest things too…”

Phoenix felt really comfortable talking this with Maya, after all she was one of his best friends.

From the distance they could hear the laughter of Trucy and Pearls playing.

“They seem to get along, don’t they?”

“Yeah...” They kept talking about how they were and about the girls, peace was returning to the friendship between them.

“So that’s the problem?” Asked Edgeworth.

“Yes... that’s it”

“Let me see if I get this straight, you think a child is trying to get you paired with her father-in-law... and how did you get to that conclusion?”

“I’m not sure, it’s just that... it looks like it, I can’t avoid to think she is really up to something...”

“You must be paranoid, at least for me it appears you are bonding with Wright for better understanding, not a romantic relationship nor an affair”

“... I guess you’re right”

Edgeworth’s words, though they didn’t relief Franziska, they were useful to forget about the mess in her mind.

By the time they finished, Franziska paid and they left.

“So, you want to go somewhere else or you prefer to go home?” Said Franziska, like if she was his driver.

“No... I want to go home, I’m kind of... *Yawn* tired, if it’s not obvious, ha”

“Ok”

“So... I think I better get going, I enjoyed a lot...”

“Me too... you need to come back soon, or maybe I’ll go there, we’ll see”

“Yeah... we’ll see, thanks for everything”

“Bye!” Said Trucy.

“Good-bye” Said Pearls and Maya almost at the same time.

As they left, Phoenix carried Trucy in his shoulders, she fell asleep, and as he walked and carried his beloved daughter, he knew deep inside that what he did just had given him part of his life back.

When they travelled in the train he looked at the distance and started to think:

Could Maya think I’m in love with Franziska?... nah, it’s not like her... besides what we have is just a friendship, she’s taking care of my daughter. But I can’t deny there’s a chance something’s going on...

As he thought endlessly about that repeated subject... the train kept going to its destiny.

“So... goodbye?”

“Yes, goodbye Franziska... thanks for the help and the meal”

“It’s nothing little brother... I’m pleased to know you’re back”

“okay...” As he started to walk towards his apartment building, he stopped and walked back and leaned to the window.

“Hey Franziksa?”

“Yes?”

“The thing about Wright... In my opinion, I think you do really love him... you just haven’t noticed because of your pride, and because no one has ever loved you besides me as a brother... you have to think about it, do you want to spend the rest of your life alone in nothing but perfection? Or you want to give life a chance? If that girl has really taught you something, try to apply it”

“Who do you think you are?!”

Franziska felt scared of what he said, he was annoying her or rather, exposing her feelings. She tried to take her whip and hit him, but he was already leaving.

She started thinking: Do the people really think we’re meant for each other?... it is that important? I’ve lived in perfection just fine but... what is to really live a life? Is it really a life what Trucy showed me?...

She just started driving back to her apartment, and tried to forget about it..

As both of them arrived they both just wanted to rest from a day deep in thought.

Franziska walked to her room and quickly prepared herself to sleep. Phoenix readied Trucy for her to sleep.

“Trucy, did you have fun?”

“Yes, daddy!”

“That’s good sweetie”

Trucy brushed her teeth as Phoenix did.

Franziska walked to her bed and just got into it.

Phoenix got Trucy into bed and headed to his own. As he laid to have some sleep. He looked at his cellphone... wondering if he would need to talk to Franziska...

As he did Franziska did the same thing. But she first took her cellphone and dialed his number.

As Phoenix decided to take his own it rang. And showed the name Franziska Von Karma. He answered and said:

“Yes?”

“It’s me”

“Oh, Franziska... hello”

“Hello Phoenix Wright...”

“Yeah... what is it?”

“I-I don’t know, I just had a really weird day”

“Me too... I finally went to see Maya”

“Really? How did it go?”

“We argued a little bit, but in the end we got along just fine... at least something is fixed in my life...”

“It’s good to hear that... I also did something, not as foolish as that but... I picked my little brother up at the airport”

“Edgeworth’s back?”

“Yes... we had a meal and then I drove him home”

“It’s good... I could meet him someday...”

“Yes... so anyway I just wanted to know if I’ll be needed tomorrow?”

“Well... yes, I’ll also be working”

“Okay... then I suppose I’ll be seeing you tomorrow...”

“Yes... bye.”

“Goodbye”

Both hung up and thought.

I don’t love you.

c:

I already said so in the Phranziska thread, but I really love this fic, it's adorable. I'll be keeping track of this. ;D

Thanks for that... it's just something for my ego hehe...

Aww, this is a really sweet story and you've developed the plot well! I'm not exactly a fan of Phoenix/Franziska, but they would make quite a cute couple I guess! And I love little Trucy's part in the story... who'd have guessed Franziska had a soft spot for cute kids :minuki:
I also enjoyed the Godot fic; it was nice to see some of T&T through his eyes. A shame it's so short, but I know just how you feel when you start a story and then just don't feel inspired enough to finish it, it happens to me all the time :godot:
Anyway, will you be continuing this? It's great so far, don't let your lack of reviewers put you off!

Thanks. And yeah, I should be more positive. I will absolutely continue with the FrannyXNick fic (I'm just waiting for Nat to finish chapter 6). About Godot blend #107 I'm not so sure... maybe I will or maybe I won't. Actually I was thinking about a fic for a ship I liked from AAI, if you guess which one it is you'll get something!

Well, that's it thanks again. :edgy:
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony