Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 1[ 1 post ]

LScollard's Fanfiction. Current Story: Beautiful EyesTopic%20Title

Beautiful Eyes

By LScollard

Summary: Dahlia is resuscitated on the day of her execution by a strange man. What will happen with her plotting her revenge? Spoilers for T&T and AJ. NOT A CROSSOVER

Spoiler: Chapter 1: Death
It was the day, the day she would die. She had known it was going to come, but it was still hard to handle.

"So, this is it" she muttered to herself, just waking up.

She was regretful with what she had done before. Though in her mind, every murder was caused by the one before it, with the first murder being caused by "that incident". She preferred not to talk about it. She was wondering what death would feel like. Would it be painful? Would it be a release from the world which had put her down at every turn in her life? She would see her sister one last time; she already had seen her mother. Personally, she would have preferred to add that evil women to her victims list. She didn't understand how some people could just use the people they love to further their own goals.

"How ironic" she said to herself, "just the person I turned into".

It was moments of self reflection like this which she had wanted to avoid thinking about. To get it out of her mind, she started thinking about the people she missed, to ones she, Dahlia Hawthorne, wanted to die. There was her mother, of course, and her father. Suddenly, a prison guard appeared at her cell.

"Ms. Hawthorne" the guard said, "someone wishes to see you".

"Ok, give me a sec" she said, getting out of her bed.

"And a package has arrived for you" the guard said.

She thought it was weird. She wasn't expecting anything. The guard put the package in her cell, which meant it probably was nothing. She put on the white dress she always wore, and slipped on her sandals. She then examined the package; it was in a long brown box. There was a card on the front that said "From a Friend, I hope this will help you". Curious, she opened it up. In it was a parasol, exactly like the one she always took with her, a bottle of perfume and a comb. She was happy, though she already had a parasol with her; she liked the new one and took it. She followed the guard into the visitor's area where her sister was waiting.

"Iris" she said as she sat down across from her sister, a glass barrier separating them.

Suddenly, she remembered she had to use the phone to talk.

"Iris" she said again, this time into the phone.

"Dahlia" her sister replied.

"So, are you going to see me…" she trailed off, the words impossible to say.

Suddenly, she burst into tears. She had tried her hardest to keep it in before, but she couldn't in front her sister. Iris was the only person she had ever loved before, the only person she could talk to, the only person she could ever call family.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry" she said, still crying to her sister.

"Dahlia" Iris said, "I know this may seem like I don't mean it, but I forgive you for what you did to me and Feenie's relationship. You were trapped in a corner at the time, and you didn't know what the right thing to do was."

"Thank you, Iris" she said, her crying beginning to stop.

"Dahlia" Iris said again, "I also feel sorry for you"

"Why?" she asked.

"You never had the upbringing I had. You never had someone who loved you or cared for you" her sister said.

She knew Iris was right. She never had a family in the way most people would think. Her father was greedy and simply saw both her and Iris as problems. That why he left Iris at the temple. She realized her time with her sister was almost up and she would have to return to her cell soon.

"Goodbye, Iris" she said, "I love you".

"Goodbye, Dahlia" her sister said.

She returned to her cell and sat down on her bed. She knew she didn't have a lot of time left. She was ok with dying, but something didn't feel right. She looked at her parasol and near the middle saw a small indent that went around the parasol. She knew that something like this meant the two halves had been stuck together. It had been tampered with. She twisted the bottom half a bit, and then pulled to try to get the two halves apart. Much to her surprise, the halves slide apart easily and a small tube came out.

"Ingenious" she muttered to herself.

She examined the tube; it was solid and had a small needle on one end. The outside seemed to have twoholes. One of the holes was circular, and the second one was in a rectangle shape and was on the opposite side. She recognized the circular hole to be the exact same shape as the top of the perfume bottle. She quickly grabbed the perfume and smelled it. It smelled like a chemical, not perfume. She put the still open bottle into the circular hole and looked at the comb for a clue. She found an indent right above the grip. She realized the grip was very similar to a trigger and twisted the top off. As soon as that happened the grip for her index finger went loose and became a trigger. She put the bottom half of the comb into the rectangular hole.

"What the hell is this?" she asked, looking at the contraption.

She realized she was supposed to inject herself with the chemical. She decided she would take that chance, seeing she would die today anyway and someone went through the trouble of getting everything to her. She put the needle end to her arm and pulled the trigger. The liquid in the bottle was being replaced by air as it was inject the in her arm. She waited for something to happen, but nothing remarkable came. She wondered if it needed time to react. She decided to return everything to the way it was. She took the bottle out and put the top back on, then screwed the comb together again. Finally, she put the tube back into the parasol and put everything back in the box. She then had an idea of how to dispose of it.

"Excuse me" she said, getting the attention of the guard.

"Yes?" he asked, "What do you want?"

"Could you maybe get rid of this? I don't really need it" she said.

"Yes" he said taking the box away.

She was sure it would be quickly dealt with. She then realized that nothing had happened. She was wondering what would happen when the chemical took affect. Her execution would be soon. The guard then returned.

"Ms. Hawthorne, it is time" the guard said.

The news crushed her. Before, she would have been ok with it. Now, was different story. The chemical, it gave her something, something to hope for. In the end, though, it was nothing. She followed the guard to the room where she would be hanged. Iris was the only one there. She smiled at her sister; it was a warm smile, a real one, unlike the ones she used to get onto people's good sides. The executioner put a black bag over her head and led her to the platform. He put the noose around her neck and walked to the lever. He pulled it and the floor dropped from under her. She, Dahlia Hawthorne, was dead. She had hoped that that chemical would help her.

In the end, nothing had happened…. yet.

Author's Notes: This is my first fanfic so I'm still getting this story style down pat. You will see the title significance in later chapters. Also, please review.

Spoiler: Chapter 2: Rebirth
She woke up in a dark place. She put her hands out in front of her to stretch, but a barrier of some sort blocked her. She was trying to remember how she got there but everything was hazy. She remembered her name, Dahlia Hawthorne, and she remembered that she fell into darkness. Some other things came back to her: she remembered seeing bars, and a strange hissing sound. She then realized that she felt as if someone punched her in the throat. Suddenly, all the blanks were filled in.

"They hanged me" she aloud in disbelief.

She smirked, because that thing she had hoped for had come. She was alive.

"Now, to get out of here" she said to herself.

She tried opening the coffin, but it was stuck shut. Then it hit her. She was either close to the surface and weak beyond belief or she was six feet under the ground. She guessed the latter was more probable.

"Shit!" she swore. "I'm going to die down here".

She started banging her fists against the top of the wooden coffin. She knew nobody could hear her, but she had no other choice. She didn't care about going back to prison. She didn't care about being executed again. All she wanted to do was get out of this.

"Help!" she screamed, "Help!"

The air was decreasing. Her head started feeling strange, and she had to take deeper breaths to keep her conscious. She knew nobody could hear her, but she still tried.

"Help" she said faintly.

Suddenly, the top of the coffin was ripped off. She could breath and she saw the night's starry sky above her. Her breathing slowed, became more relaxed. She was tired, and could lie there for a long time.

"Get up" said a man's voice; it was deep and seemed to have some sort of accent to it.

She sat up and saw the silhouette of her rescuer. He looked well built and from the way the moonlight reflected on to him, it looked like he had blonde hair.

"Come with me" he said.

Listening to him again, she realized his accent sounded British. She climbed out of the coffin and followed him.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"That is not important now" he said.

"Where are we going, then?" she asked.

"To the nearest road, I have a car parked there" he said.

Though she liked his answer, she still had one more question.

"Do you know who I am?" she asked.

He stopped and turned around.

"Yes" he replied, "I do, Ms. Hawthorne".

"Then, are you going to turn me in?" she asked.

"No" he replied, "We can talk later"

They started walking again, it was a long walk. Though, she couldn't tell how much time had passed. They eventually got to the car. She couldn't tell what type of car it was, but frankly, she was too tired to care. He unlocked the car and climbed into the driver's seat as she climbed into the passenger's seat. He started driving away.

"Where are we going now?" she said.

"To a place an acquaintance of mine owns" he said, "He allowed me to use it".

"Oh" she said, trying to stay awake.

He looked at her, and she finally got her first good look at him. He had platinum blonde hair, like she had though, and was wearing a black trenchcoat.

"You should get some rest" he said, "The lack of oxygen would have rendered you weak"

He said that last work with a snarl, as if he hated the word with passion. She took his advice and fell asleep. She didn't dream that night, and when she woke, she could see the sun shining through a window leading out to a balcony. She guessed she was in a penthouse of sorts. She wondered whether the encounter with the strange man, her trial and her execution was all one big, bad dream.

"Good morning, Ms. Hawthorne" the man said, confirming that everything was real.

"Good morning" she said back, hesitantly.

She finally got a good look at the man; he had light almost pale skin, and was wearing a pair of black sunglasses. He seemed to be wearing the exact same thing he had worn when she first met him. This time, she noticed he was wearing a black shirt underneath it.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"Almost 9 A.M" he said, "Though, you were passed out for two days"

"Two days!" she said, not believing what she had just heard.

"Yes, but you shouldn't be worried." he said, "It is normal for things such as this to happen while your body adapts to the…. substance."

"Do you know anybody else who had something like this happen to them?" she asked him.

"I went through the same thing you're going through when I was younger" he said, "but I was better suited to these reactions, so it wasn't as severe as yours"

She didn't feel any different since she injected herself with the chemical, but she was happy to be alive.

"We will be going for breakfast soon. You should get ready." he told her.

She went into the bathroom and decided to take a shower. She took off her clothes and stepped in. As soon as she was done, she looked at her dress. It was a little dirty, but she had nothing else so she decided to wear it for now. She opened the door to leave, but something caught her eye in the mirror. She looked at herself, and she screamed. In the mirror, a pair of cat-like eyes was staring back at her.

Author's Notes: You may be asking "Why is he here?" and "Isn't this a crossover". Well, I don't see enough reason to label it a crossover. I'm only giving clues to who the mysterious person is. I'm not straight-out saying it's this person or that person. More chapters are coming soon. Don't forget to R&R.

Spoiler: Chapter 3: Transformation
Even after looking at herself, she still couldn't believe it. The pair of yellow eyes were hers. The man came into the bathroom, this time wearing a gray suit. From his reflection in the mirror, Dahlia could tell he had taken off his sunglasses and was looking away from her. He turned his head towards the mirror and she could see he had the exact same eyes she did.

"Sometimes there is a price to pay" the man said, "but one which you can easily cover up any signs of it"

The man handed her his sunglasses, then took another pair out of his pocket and put them on. She tried on the sunglasses; they were a good fit, but not perfect.

"You can keep them for now" he said, "We will get you your own pair today"

She took off the glasses and looked at herself again. Upon reflection, her eyes did look quite remarkable, beautiful in a different kind of way. She put them back on and smirked. Though, she did realize that she would have to get a new dress, seeing that the old one didn't it her personality anymore. Before, she was playing the innocent card to get onto peoples' good side. Now, it was like she had been reborn. She didn't have any secrets that could harm her. After all, Dahlia Hawthorne was dead to the law. She could start a new life, free from all the troubles of her old one caused.

"Ms. Hawthorne, if you would please hurry" the man said impatiently.

His words stopped her fantasizing and she realized she should focus on getting something to eat, as she was hungry. She went down with him to have breakfast.

At the table, she decided to ask him some questions while they were waiting for their food.

"So, what's your name?" she asked him casually.

"I already told you, it's not the time" the man said.

"That what you said in the dark, when we first met" she said, "I think now is a more appropriate time"

"Yes" he said, "but it's still not the time"

She was baffled as to why he was so secretive, she knew next to nothing about him, yet he had helped her. She tried to change the subject.

"So" she said, "I'm guessing you're the person who sent me the package."

"Yes, I am" he said.

"Then why did you help me" she said, "There are millions of people in this world. What made me special?"

"I am interested in you and what you did" he said, "You remind me of someone"

"Who is that?" she asked him.

"Again, this is not the time for those answers" he said.

She was getting angry at him. She only wanted answers, but he dodged all her questions. She only wanted to know something, something about this enigma of a man.

"Please, I want some answers" she begged, "You saved my life, I just want to know something about you"

The man sighed.

"I cannot think of anything to tell you that is relevant to what is important now" he told her.

She put her hands on her head in frustration. Suddenly, she heard a chuckle and looked up to see a big grin on his face.

"I suppose I could tell you my name, but you probably won't understand its meaning" the man said, "Of course, very few people know its meaning"

She smiled. She was happy she finally could know something about him.

"Also" the man said, "never use or speak my name. Some people will recognize it, and that…"

The man paused for moment to push his sunglasses down a bit so the top of the glasses was just under the bottom of the eyes. He said the last part of the sentence while his irises glowed a yellow colour.

"will cause some unpleasant things to happen to both of us"

She nodded her head to show him she understood. His eyes again reminded her of the fact that her own eyes were like that. Though, when she looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes didn't glow. The man then stood up and whispered his name into her ear.

After breakfast, the man took her shopping. They first went to get her a pair of sunglasses, which she found the exact same pair he had, but in her size. She only thought she would need one pair, but he bought six more for her for an unknown reason. They then went shopping for her new dress. He accompanied her to help her choose and because he said her dress needed to have some characteristics which she did not understand why she would need them. He said she would need to be able to easily run and move around in the dress. After searching for awhile, she found what she was looking for. It was pitch black, and seemed to her like a mix between her old dress and a cocktail dress. He bought a couple of the dresses for her. They went back to the penthouse after that.

"Thank you" she said, "for the dresses"

"Why don't you try it on?" he asked her.

She went to the washroom and changed into her new dress. She looked at herself in the mirror and was amazed. In her eyes, it was as if she was the complete opposite of the person she was before. She put her sunglasses on and walked out. She saw a grin on the man's face.

"Do you like it?" she asked, knowing what his answer would be.

"Dazzling" he said, "Very nice"

She walked out onto the balcony and looked at the city's skyline. She wasn't the person she was before, she had changed. She wondered what she could do with this second chance of hers. After all, this was her new life.

Author's Notes: This chapter was difficult to write. The chapter is important, but nothing exciting happens. For a better description of Dahlia's dress, imagine if you coloured Dahlia's old dress black, like the black this bold writing is, and got rid of the lace at the top of the dress and the strange pink transparent stuff that is by the bottom of the dress. Do that and you have a good impression of what the dress looks like. Also, if any of you readers find any errors which I missed during my proofreading, please tell me about them. Anyway, next chapter is where the story start getting good.

Spoiler: Chapter 4: Trigger
It had been about a month since her execution, and she had grown accustomed to her new life. They sometimes went places together, and he'd usually talk to some important person there. It wasn't the best life, but it was better than the life she knew before. She went to the washroom only to find the man combing his short blonde hair back.

"We are going to see someone today" he said.

He was in his gray suit. He only wore it when they went out to supposedly "formal" places. The rest of the time, he'd wear his black trenchcoat.

"Who is it?" she asked.

"A lawyer" he said, "but you may know him"

She didn't know anybody who would fit that description. Then, she thought back to her time at Ivy University. She hoped the person they were going to see wasn't him; she hoped it was anybody but him. After she got ready they set off, and through the whole car ride she thought of him. What she had done to him, and what she'd do if it was him.

When they got there, he went to the porch and knocked on the door. When it opened, she was expecting to see Phoenix Wright again, but instead it was a different person. He was young and had short blonde hair, though it was longer than the strange man's. He also was wearing a black vest over top a white dress shirt with a black tie. He also seemed familiar. The went inside and he introduced himself.

"Kristoph Gavin" the young man said.

"Dahlia Hawthorne" she said back.

"Ah, I thought I recognized you" he said, "You caused that controversy over at Ivy University, I was going there when it happened"

She then realized why she though he was familiar, he had been studying law and they had crossed paths a couple times at Ivy U.

"Yes, I remember you too" she said.

Kristoph then turned to the strange man and asked "Why did you come here, it's dangerous for both of us"

"We need passports" he said.

"I'll what I can do" Kristoph said, "Though I can't promise I'll get them.

"Good enough" the man replied, "Since you two seem to know each other, I'll be in the car while you talk.

She and Kristoph then began talking.

"You are very lucky to have been helped by him" he said.

"I agree, though I don't know what to do with it, yet" she said, thinking on what she'd do after the escaped the country.

"There are some things that show we're different though" she said, while taking her sunglasses off and looking him in the eye.

"I think they're quite nice, but they aren't the only amazing thing that the vir-" he stopped and corrected himself, "the substance allows"

She wondered what things he meant, as she hadn't discovered anything new about herself since her execution, except for her eyes. She put her sunglasses back on

"You do know that Phoenix Wright became a lawyer, do you?" he asked her.

"Yes" she said, "I heard all about in prison from the people he got convicted"

"I do not like the way he practices law, it's an insult to lawyers" he said.

"How so?" she asked.

"He always wins the case using a piece of evidence he usually finds on the last day of the trial" Kristoph said, "A good lawyer would be prepared on the first day, knowing how he would win the trial"

"I see" she said.

"If you wanted to see what I mean" he said, "He is defending a person named Iris, her trial should end today"

She remembered her sister and the conversation they had before her execution. The person Phoenix Wright was defending was probably not her sister, but she still had to ask.

"This woman, Iris, does she look like me?" she asked.

She could tell he was thinking about it, and then he gave her her answer.

"Yes, almost exactly" he said, "but she has black hair instead of red"

"When is the trial ending?" she said, worried.

"Knowing the court, you should be able to make it in time for the second session, if you hurry" he said, "Are you two in any way related?"

"Sisters" she said, while running out the door.

She rushed to the car. When she got in, the strange man started driving.

"I need to get to the courthouse" she said, "I just found out my sister on trial and the verdict will be delivered today"

"I believe the courthouse is close to the penthouse" he said, "Could you walk back after the trial?"

"Yes" she said.

When they arrived, she quickly got out of the car. She rushed into the courthouse, and made her way the benches where she could see the trial. She got a seat near the back, so the lawyers wouldn't recognize her. The trial started, and she saw what she thought was her sister. She quickly learned that it was instead some person pretending to be her. She watched as the person's testimony was picked apart by the lawyers. She smiled to herself; she liked seeing this person figuratively destroyed, mostly because she was giving her more of a bad name, though it wasn't that clean anyways. Then the words came from a voice she knew all to well.

"Your will forever be Dahlia Hawthorne, a weak, pathetic little creature who never succeeded at anything, and that is your eternal punishment"

The words echoed inside her. She tried her hardest to hold her tears in until the trial was over. The room suddenly turned black, and what looked to be a sprit rose up and disappeared. Then everything seemed to be back to normal and court was adjourned. She decided not to stay for the last section of the trial, so she began to walk back to the penthouse. It had started raining and she let her feelings take hold of her. She started crying, and as the tears rolled down her face, she tried consoling herself.

"I'm not a failure" she said, "I'm not a failure"

She kept on saying that the rest of the walk back, but it didn't help her crying.

Author's Notes: Next chapter is when things get good. Now if any you readers find an error, please alert me to it. School started and I don't have as much time to write, but I will try getting one chapter done for every weekend. Please Review.

Spoiler: Chapter 5: Power
He had just finished some errands and was returning home. She would probably already be there, as the trial had finished awhile ago. When he was at the door to the room, he heard her humming. It sounded sad. He opened the door and found her sitting on the ground, pointing a gun at her head.

"Dahlia, what are you doing?" he said in shock.

It was the first time he addressed her by her first name. Normally, he would simply call her 'Miss Hawthorne'.

"I can't go on" she said, dropping the gun and turning to him.

"Why?" he asked.

"BECAUSE I'M A WORTHLESS FAILURE" she screamed.

He looked at her and could see she had been crying. There were even some tears still rolling down her face.

"Dahlia, you're not a failure" he said.

"You'd say that. I'm still a failure, and I just want the pain to stop" she said solemnly.

"Why do you think that?" he asked.

"Everything she said was right, I never succeeded in anything" she said, walking over to one of the beds.

She sat down, and started crying. He didn't know what happened, but he though it would be best if he found out.

"Who said that?" he asked.

"Mia Fey" she said, "the lawyer who…"

She hesitated in finishing the sentence. It was a short time since her execution, though it didn't matter since she would always remember who caused her to be sentenced. He sat down beside her and tried to comfort her.

"Don't believe her" he said, "You can always prove her wrong"

It helped a bit because she stopped crying and smiled at him. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. He went to the door and opened it a crack and saw Kristoph on the other side. Kristoph held up an envelope and he let him in.

"I've got the passp-" he paused when he saw Dahlia and the state of the room, "What happened?"

"Never mind" she said, looking away from him.

"I want to know" Kristoph said, "maybe I can help"

"Did you see the trial?" she asked.

"So that's what this is about" he said.

"What is this all about?" the strange man said, coming into the conversation.

"You probably don't know all the details" Kristoph said to the man, "I could get a video of the trial to show you"

"That would be perfect" he said, "It would be nice knowing more information about why she is like this"

"I should get going" Kristoph said, "I should get the video by tomorrow"

Kristoph said those last words while leaving the penthouse.

"Thank you" she said to man, "I guess I'll prove her wrong, succeed at something"

"You should get some sleep" he said to her, "It must have been a long day"

Kristoph brought the video the next day. She saw it with the strange man, and the words hurt the same amount as before. She even had to walk out of the room at certain points in the video. She could see he was almost always emotionless during the whole video, though his eyes glowed at certain points. After the video, she suddenly felt a burning anger inside of her. Before she had accepted death, she hated Mia Fey for sending her to prison. She had repressed it, realizing it was her fault that that happened. Ms. Fey's choice of words, though, had brought it back.

"None of my crimes were successful" she said to herself, "Well, I'll just finish two of my failures and succeed at those"

Her tone suddenly changed, it was as if all her anger had been replaced by determination. He heard her say that and it gave him a good idea of what she wanted to do.

"Dahlia, what you're planning to do in dangerous" he said, "If anybody recognizes you or sees you; you won't have the advantage of people thinking you are dead, meaning both our lives may be jeopardized"

"Then what do you want me to do?" she asked.

"Think about it hard" he said, "Doing this will send you back to the life you lived before, the one that almost got you killed"

She paused for a moment.

"That bitch, I'll kill her boyfriend and her sister" she said, "I just can't let this go"

"I supposed a new life was too much to ask" he said, "for both of us"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Both of us came from a life of crime" he said, "and we both chose to return to it"

"Then, what happened to you?" she asked.

"I died, twice" he said, "After the first time; I continued what I did before, and I was killed again"

"I still can't just let this go" she said, "maybe it will turn out differently"

"It may, but I still will help you" he said, "I am old, and this will finally bring back some of the excitement my old life had"

"How old are you?" she asked.

"59" he said.

This shocked her. The man looked as if he was in his thirties. She would never have guesses he was that old. She wondered how he looked so young.

"Why do you look so young then?" she asked, "You don't look like your almost sixty"

"The vi-" he then corrected himself, "The substance"

"So will it keep me young too" she said, "Kristoph said there were other things that the substance does"

"Yes" he said sitting up and walking to the other end of the room, "but staying young is not it's greatest ability"

He then quickly ran towards her. She didn't see anything different except he was faster than normal.

"I didn't see anything different" she said.

"You don't, the substance improved your eyesight by allowing to see quickly moving objects" he said, "To a normal person, it would seem as if I am teleporting across the room, see for yourself"

He gave her a camera and he saw him do it again through the camera lens. He was right; it did seem as if he was teleporting.

"How do you do that?" she asked, "It might come in handy"

"It will" he said.

Author's Notes: I think many of you have a good idea on whom this strange man is. Also, a note on Kristoph's hair, it's a lot like Klavier's in the trial against Phoenix in AJ. I told you it would get good this chapter. If any of you readers find an error, please alert me to it. Also, some people may be confused, but there may be some time jumps in the coming chapters, and, if you didn't know, this chapter takes place over the course of two days.

Spoiler: Chapter 6: Murder
They had planned it perfectly. He had told her what she would do, and taught her how she would do it. It would be risky, but it had to be that way. She also had her hair tied up and had a short wig on to disguise herself. She also had put on some makeup to help with the disguise. Both of them had their glasses on and they were on their way to the prison.

"So, I don't say anything?" she asked.

"Yes" he said, "Mr. Armando will probably recognized your voice"

"Ok" she said, while playing with the black wig.

"We will not strike immediately" he said.

"Why not?" she asked.

"Mr. Armando has some information I need" he said, "It is about a case he was involved in"

"What do you need it for?" she asked.

"To track down an old acquaintance" he said, "The questioning will also help with our disguises"

He was right. They were pretending to be detectives to get to Mr. Armando. Using their passports, he had easily created police ID cards, and with some counterfeit badges, it was almost perfect. She was wearing her usual outfit, though he had changed into a dark gray suit and trenchcoat combination that reminded her reminded her of something somebody would wear in a mafia movie. They arrived at the prison, where they met a guard who seemed to be dressed up as a cowboy.

"Howdy there, partners" the guard said, "What business do ya got here"

"Detective Albert Jacobs," the man said using his fake name.

"Jake Marshall" the guard said, "What brings you here"

"I'm here to see a criminal by the name of Diego Armando" he said.

"Ok" the guard said, while turning to her. "You seem familiar, have we met before"

"Detective Mariah Hartman" she said, "You used to be a detective, so we may have met during one of the parties the station holds every one in a while"

"Yes, that must have been it" he said, "I'll be leading you too his cell"

The guard led both of them to a prison cell where Mr. Armando was waiting.

"Diego" the guard said, "You have visitors"

Diego Armando looked almost just as he did in the trial. He was wearing the visor, and he still had on the same suit he was wearing before. The guard opened the door and led them into his cell.

"I'll let ya both come back unsupervised" he said, "I have other business to attend to"

The guard closed the cell and gave them the key he had used. Mr. Armando then turned to them.

"Who are you and what do you want" he said.

"I am Detective Jacobs and this is my partner, Detective Hartman" the man said, while both of them showed their fake badges. "We would like to question you about case no.C-12-71"

"Horrible incident" Mr. Armando said, "One of the worst attacks in the world"

"Yes" the man said, "We would like for you to answer some questions"

"Then ask away" Mr. Armando said.

She listened to the answers and had managed to get at least a bit of information to what they were talking about. After he had finished getting everything written down, he turned to her and gave her the signal.

"It's funny how actions come back to ruin things at the worst possible moment" she said in the sweet singsong voice which she knew he would recognize.

She could see a shocked expression as he was yammering out an unintelligible mesh of syllables. She took off her wig and untied her red hair, while the man took out his gun and pointed the silenced pistol at Mr. Armando's head.

"I suggest you don't try anything" the man said.

"How are you alive?" Mr. Armando asked her.

She took off her glasses and made her eyes glow a bit. The shock was replaced with horror as it seemed he recognized what would happen. She moved extremely quickly across the room to Mr. Armando. She put her hand around his neck and lifted him up, choking him. As she did that, she curled her arm to get ready to strike and then she punched right through him. She could here him struggling for breath.

And then his breathing stopped.

She took her hand out and threw his lifeless body against the wall. She turned to the man with a look of horror on her face.

"I-I killed him" she said, shocked.

"You didn't expect it?" he said.

"I did" she said, "I just didn't expect it to be like this"

"How did you expect it to be he asked?" he asked.

"Easier" she said, looking at her bloodstained hand. "A lot easier" she said, solemnly.

"Let's go" he said, "the guard may come soon"

They left the prison and went to the car. As they were driving, he talked to her.

"You've killed before" he said, "Why was it hard"

"I guess it's because I'm trying to get revenge on Mia Fey" she said, "He isn't her". "I guess I changed in prison"

They arrived at the penthouse, where Kristoph was surprisingly there.

"I guess everything has gone well" he said.

"Could you dispose of these passports?" the man asked Kristoph.

"Yes, but I may not get to them in awhile" Kristoph said while angry, "A client fired me in place of an amateur." "So I have something planned for him"

Something told her he was up to something that wouldn't end well. He took the passports and left. She washed the blood off in the sink. She was tired so she sat down on the bed and then man sat down beside her.

"I can see why it was somewhat difficult" he said.

"Thanks" she replied.

"I had a daughter" he told, "You remind me somewhat of her"

"What was her name?" she asked.

"Eva" he said, "She died a long time ago"

"I sorry to hear that" she said, "How did she die?"

She could tell that the man was having a hard time saying this to her. She guessed it was a memory that he wanted to forget. He turned away from her.

"She got very ill" he said, "The illness took her life"

"That sounds horrible" she said.

"Dahlia" he said, ""I didn't pick you because you reminded me of her". "I picked you because you are a strong woman"

"Thanks" she said as he got up from the bed.

She then lay back on the bed and rested. It had been a tiring day.

Author's Notes: This was a controversial chapter. Some of you probably hate me for killing Diego. I have nothing against his character, but I felt that he needed to die for this fanfic. A rule I have is if I have a good reason to kill a character, I will do it.

More clues to the man's identity. The prison cell is a lot like Kristoph's from AJ, though a bit more barren. I consider Dahlia an interesting character, so that's partially why I'm writing this fanfic. Her personality will change, like it has with the difference between Chap. 1 Dahlia and Chap. Dahlia.

I made an edit to chapter 5, so check that out. If you see any errors, please alert me to them. You see that button at the bottom, the one that says Review. Please press that and give a review.

Spoiler: Chapter 7: Kidnapping
The news of Diego Armando's murder spread quickly. After all, this was the first recorded time assassins had managed to infiltrate a prison, murder a prisoner, and get out without guards noticing. She smirked to herself; the police said the job was most likely committed by professionals. It would most likely divert the attention away from them and onto one of the local crime syndicates. It had been a few months since the murder, and she had planned her next one. This one, in her mind, would be much more dangerous to her. She had it all planned out, she just needed an opportunity that would allow her to put those plans into motion.

She was on the computer, checking the email of an old friend. The man had ties to some very interesting people. A computer programmer had taught him how to hack into someone's email account. She was now looking at both her sister's and Phoenix Wright's email trying to find helpful information. She had already found a couple of important things that would help her. First, her sister had moved to Kurain Village. She would also sometimes come to the city by train. The thought of involving her sister in any of her plans brought back bad memories. She also cared for her sister, despite everything that happened. She knew doing this would hurt her sister, but she still had to do it. She was scanning though Phoenix's emails when suddenly she found something interesting.

Feenie,

I'm glad I can finally visit you. I heard you got disbarred, but I believe it wasn't your fault. I heard you have an adopted daughter, and I also heard that Pearl is staying with you and her for a couple of weeks this summer. Mystic Maya is also planning to visit soon. I'll be coming on the train as usual tomorrow. I hope you can pick me up there.

Iris

The news of the Phoenix Wright getting disbarred was huge. She somewhat guessed that he was the amateur Kristoph was talking about. She was interested in the email, so she checked the time stamp and saw that the email was sent today. She decided that this was the opportunity she had been waiting for. She checked Iris' inbox to see if Phoenix replied. Sure enough, he did.

Iris,

I'm sorry but Trucy and Pearl are going to a waterpark with friends tomorrow. I'm not going, so maybe we can do something without the kids. Is there anything you wanted to do?

Phoenix

She again checked Phoenix's inbox, and read Iris' reply.

Feenie,

I would love to go shopping. We could go together and I heard a shopping center recently opened up. I have a bit of money from Sister Bikini, and it would be nice getting something. I'll take the taxi and meet you there around twelve. Is that okay for you?

Iris

She checked Iris' inbox, and saw the Phoenix's message there.

Iris,

That would be nice. I'll see you there at 12.

Phoenix

She printed the emails and though about how she was going to go through with this. Suddenly, she got the perfect idea. She went to the man to get his help, she would need it. The gears were finally rolling.

Iris Hawthorne got off the train and quickly rushed into a nearby taxi. She was very early, but she learned that in the city, you could never be too sure with traffic. Also, she wouldn't mind waiting for her Feenie.

"I would like to go to the new shopping center" she said to the driver.

"Which one?" the man asked, he had what sounded like a British accent.

"The new one in the middle of the city" she said while reading his license, "Mr. Jacobs, is it"

"Ah, yes" he said, "I'm familiar with that one"

He drove off. She waited for some time before expressing her concern.

"This is taking longer than I expected" she said.

"Traffic is terrible today" he said, "We are simply taking a detour"

"But we're not going the right direction" she said.

He turned to her, she could see he was wearing a pair of dark sunglasses and he had a gun in his hand.

"I hope you don't try anything Ms. Hawthorne" he said, "It wouldn't help any of us"

"Ho-How d-do you know my name" she said, stuttering from the shock.

"You will see very soon, Ms. Hawthorne" he said.

He drove to a warehouse which somebody rented to them. He led her into the warehouse with the gun to the back of her head. When they were in the warehouse, he hit her on the head with the gun, knocking her unconscious.

She woke up tied to a chair. She struggled a bit but realized the bonds were too tight. She then heard a familiar voice.

"Hello Iris" Dahlia said, wearing a pair of black sunglasses like her kidnapper and a black dress.

"Dahlia" she said, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm very sorry I had to bring you into this again" her sister said, "but it seems I needed to"

"How are you alive?" she asked.

Dahlia didn't reply that time. She instead moved her sunglasses down a tiny bit, showing Iris her bright yellow eyes. She didn't know what that meant, but Iris seemed to catch on that Dahlia wasn't naturally alive.

"What are you?" she asked, "Why are you doing this?"

"I don't know, Iris" she said while walking towards her sister, "but I'm doing this to get some much needed revenge on a certain deceased lawyer"

"What are you planning, Dahlia" she said.

"You'll see" she told her sister.

She then put some contact lenses in her eyes, changing the colour to black.

"I'm sorry we couldn't talk longer, Iris" Dahlia said, "You see, I have a date I need to get ready for"

Iris screamed at her while she walked away. She couldn't judge her. She didn't know everything, and in Dahlia's mind, shouldn't know everything. She felt bad talking to her sister that way, but it had to be done. She changed into the type of robes Iris wore, quickly dyed her hair black, and got into the taxi. She didn't know what to say to Phoenix, but she had the whole ride to think.

They arrived at the shopping center, and she got out of the taxi. Phoenix was there.

"Feenie" she yelled as she ran into his arms.

"Iris, it's so nice seeing you again" he said.

"You too, Feenie" she said.

She had decided to be cheerful, as that would replicate her sister's emotions the most. She had agreed to what time she would leave and he would show up. She was also surprised by the amount he had changed from when she saw him in her sister's trial. He was now wearing a dark gray hoodie and a cap saying 'Papa'. They walked around the shopping center, looking at stores while talking.

"So" she said, "I heard you had been disbarred"

"Yeah" he replied, "It was decided that I was guilty of forging evidence"

"That sounds terrible" she said.

"Well, I did gain a friend out of all this" he said, "He's a lawyer named Kristoph Gavin, he was the only person who though I didn't forge the evidence"

She smiled, while he probably took it for her being happy for him. It was really because she now was almost certain that Kristoph was the one who forged the evidence, and that he though Phoenix was an amateur.

"That's great, Feenie" she said, suddenly seeing a store she was interested in. "Look" she said, literally dragging him into the store. She had seen a nice pair of black sunglasses, like the ones she wore almost all the time. Though she had more then enough pairs, the man and his use of the sunglasses as projectiles taught her that you could never have enough.

"It is sunny out" she said, pretending to debate with herself.

"They do look nice" he said, "Maybe you should try them on"

She did as she was told and put them on, already having a good impression of what they would look like on her.

"How do they look, Feenie" she said.

"They look beautiful, Iris" he said.

"I guess I'll get them then" she said, grabbing some money out her wallet.

"Wait" he said, "I'll get them for you"

"Feenie, you really don't have to" she said, "I have the money"

"No, Iris" he said, "I'll get them for you"

They went to the cashier and he paid for the glasses. They walked out, and began looking around again. They eventually started talking again.

"I should pay you, Feenie" she said, "I don't really need the money, and you don't have that much of a well paying job"

"Iris" he said with a smile on his face, "Think of it as a gift"

"I still can't accept it" she said.

"Iris" he said, "Me and Maya are going to get engaged"

"Oh" she said, pretending to tear up a little.

"I love Maya" he said, "You're a fantastic woman". He looked away from her. "But I love Maya more, so please keep it as a gift"

"It's ok, Feenie" she said, "I'll be fine with your decision as long as you're happy"

"I'm glad to hear that, Iris" he said.

Suddenly, she saw it was almost three. Time had passed quickly. She used this sign to excuse herself.

"Sorry, Feenie" she said, "I have to go or I might miss the train"

"I understand" he said to her as she ran to the taxi.

She got in and the man drove her to the station. The date was only the first part of her plan. She luckily caught the train and took the two hour ride to Kurain Village. As she left the station, the sun was beginning to set. She heard some talking from the room she assumed was Maya's. She decided to listen in.

"How was your little date with her, Nick" she heard who she assumed was Maya say.

"It was nice" he said, "She seemed ok with my decision"

Since she heard his voice, she assumed they were speaking using a webcam.

"That's great, Nick" Maya said, "I've got to go help with some training now"

She quickly rushed away from the door, because a couple seconds later Maya came out.

"Iris" she said, "I hope you're ready to help with the young mediums' training"

"Of course, Mystic Maya" she replied.

"Good" Maya said, "You know what to do"

This part shocked her, though she didn't let anybody see the expression. As she walked away, she began thinking of a way she could get out of helping with the training and how to get Maya alone.

A scream was heard. A lot of the residents of Kurain came to investigate. The master was the first to arrive to the scene. She found Iris' unconscious on the ground.

"Iris" Maya yelled, "What happened?"

She regained a bit of her consciousness and opened her eyes.

"Mystic Maya" she said, "I think I was hit with something"

"Rosalia, Annalise" Maya said, "I don't think Iris is fit to help with the training, you will help with the training while I look after her"

They then moved her to a bed, while Maya looked after her.

"It isn't that bad" she said, "In the long run, it's as if you were never hit"

"I don't hear any mediums" she said.

"They're all training, except you and me" Maya said, "Who do you think did this to you?"

"I don't know" she said.

Maya then left the room while she though to herself. She was, in her mind, a very good actor. A clever one too, for she had found the perfect situation. She was pretty good at faking getting hit too. She got up and grabbed the lead pipe that she had hidden in her robes. She went to the door to the room Maya was in and knocked while hiding the pipe behind her back.

"Iris" Maya said, "You should be resting"

"I heard somebody" she said, worried. "It might be the person who hit me"

Maya came out of the doorway and walked past her to investigate. The moment that happened Dahlia hit her on the head with the pipe, knocking her unconscious. She dragged Maya into the room and prepared for the next stage of her plan.

Author's Notes: I think Dahlia was a pretty good actor, much better than the one in case 3-5. As you should know, Chap. 6 takes place the day before Phoenix's disbarment while this chapter takes a few months later. A shopping center is like a mall but outdoors. Please R&R, and alert me to any typos.

Spoiler: Chapter 8: Snuff
Phoenix had just tucked in the tired girls. It had been a pretty good day. He went to his room and opened a small little box that was on his desk. He opened it and saw the ring he was going to propose with. He hoped Maya would like it. He closed the box and sat down in his chair. He checked his email and saw that Maya had recently invited him to a video chat. He adjusted his webcam, and then accepted the request. Amazingly, he saw Iris on the other end, wearing the sunglasses he had bought her. He smiled, remembering his date with her earlier that day. He then realized the Iris was positioned odd. Instead of up close to the camera, she was in the background, so he could see all of her, not just her face.

"Iris" he said.

"Phoenix Wright" she replied in a cold, mocking tone.

The tone brought back bad memories. There was only one explanation for it.

"Dahlia" he corrected himself.

"Well, it seems the great lawyer's observation skills are diminishing" she said, "After all, I really enjoyed our little date today"

That line shocked him. The Iris he saw earlier that day seemed so real. He would have never guessed it was Dahlia.

"What do you want" he said, angrily.

"All I want is to speak to our late friend, Mia Fey" she said while adjusting the sunglasses. She said it in the sweet voice she probably knew would piss him off.

"Why are you doing this?" he said, "You have nothing to put you in control, so why did you reveal yourself"

"And why do you assume that I am not in control of this situation" she said, "You were so naïve"

She exited the view of the camera and quickly reentered pulling a chair with her. He quickly that Maya was on the chair. She stopped and he could see that she was tied to the chair and gagged with duct tape.

"I call this being in control" she said, spinning the chair. "I think you should get your mentor". She looked at the watch Maya was wearing. "I'll give you 2 minutes" she said.

He rushed into the room where the girls were sleeping and woke Pearl up.

"Mr. Nick. What's happening?" the young girl said.

"Come with me, I need you to channel Mia" he told her.

She followed him out into the hallway, both of them being careful not to wake Trucy. When they were out of the room, Pearl did as she was told, and Phoenix saw his mentor again.

"Phoenix, What's Wrong" Mia asked.

"It's Dahlia" he said, "She has Maya"

He could see the look of horror appearing on his mentor's face. They both rushed back to the computer room.

"Right on time" she said as they both entered the view of the camera. He could see she was now holding a power drill.

"What do you want?" Mia said.

"Ah, Ms. Fey" she said in her sweet voice, "It's so wonderful to see you again"

"What do you want?" Mia said, this time with her teeth clenched.

"I want the satisfaction of seeing you watching your sister die helplessly" she said, "After all, since I'm a pitiful failure, I could use a success". She started up the drill and stabbed Maya in the shoulder with it. She waited a second for the drill to do some more damage while they could hear Maya's muffled screams.

"Oh, I just remembered, I already had a success" she said while taking the drill out, "They never did find Mr. Armando's killer, did they?"

The anger on Mia's face turned into pure rage.

"I tell you what" Dahlia said, "If you could somehow convince me to spare your sister, which probably won't happen, I will"

"How are you here?" Mia said, "Who is channeling you?"

"I would have expected you to be trying to bargain" she said.

"Who is channeling you?" Mia asked again.

"Who says I am even being channeled?" she said.

She took the time to stab Maya with the power drill again, this time in the leg. They could see the pain on her face. Her expression was begging them to try and save her.

"Dahlia" Phoenix said, "We will call the police. They will stop you"

"Nice try, Phoenix" she said, "But I'm smart enough to know that the average police car takes two hours to get here"

She stabbed Maya again, ripping off the duct tape after she was finished.

"Mia. Nick. Please. Help" Maya screamed.

"Please, Dahlia" Phoenix said, "Don't do this"

"Phoenix" Mia said, "She was always going to kill her. She's just playing with us"

"Mia" he said, "There must be some way to save her"

"She's my sister, and I love her" Mia said, "But I know Dahlia isn't going to spare her"

"Seems the lawyer is smart" Dahlia said. She tilted her head back and drilled right though her chin. Tears were rolling down Maya's while she screamed.

"Any last words, Ms. Fey" Dahlia said.

"Nick, I'm sorry" she cried.

Dahlia tilted her head forward and started drilling through the back of Maya's head while she screamed. They could only watch. Suddenly her screaming stopped, her eyes lost all expression, and her head fell forward, the drill sticking out the back.

"I not being channeled, Ms. Fey" Dahlia said.

She took off her sunglasses and they her yellow glowing eyes. She then threw the sunglasses at the webcam, breaking it. In Kurain, Dahlia was shocked. She pushed over the chair, opened the door, and ran. She would wash the dye out of her hair once she got into the city.

In the office, Mia's face was full of shock. A tear ran down her eye, followed by many more as she started crying.

"I'll kill her" she said, "She will not get away with this"

Author's Notes: Some people will hate me for this chapter. I don't hate Maya, I just don't like her. Her being framed for murder and kidnapped annoyed me. As I said in Chapter 6, I will kill characters. About Dahlia dying her hair, she dyes it with something that can easily wash out. If you find any mistakes, please alert me to them. Please Review.

Notice: If you have any idea who the mysterious man is, please don't post who you think he is in your reviews. I would like people guessing the identity of the man by themselves, not with their opinions being swayed by other people's ideas.
Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony