Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony

Page 1 of 2[ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Favorite Ace Attorney Fan-Fics?Topic%20Title

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

So basically I'm just starting this up to know
What's your favorite Ace Attorney Fan-Fics?
Re: Favorite Ace Attorney Fan-Fics?Topic%20Title

Nick + Maya = win

there's this one
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9012648/1/Coffee-Withdrawal

where Godot has to go without coffee for a day. :godot:

Other than my own, which I can't evaluate, I just have to say EVERY AA story on FF.net by purplepjs or nevertalk. They have pretty much become the definitive authors for Ace Attorney fics, in my mind.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

I myself am a fan of the current fan-fic A Complete Turnabout

An avid attorney.

The Rest of the Pieces by Court Records' very own Kitsune. It is an astounding tale that ships Phoenix and Maya, and will keep you on the edge of your seat nearly the entire time. An absolute must-read, and my personal favorite Ace Attorney fanfiction thus far.
Check out my PW Fan Song :)
The Final Turnabout

Check out my PW Fanfic :)
Turnabout Rebirth

Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet

Trapped by Clydell Humpheries. I really like the way that this was written and this fanfic actually drew me into the Edgeworth and Kay shipping. There were some parts of the story that were really suspenseful to me and the way that the conflict of the story was written was pulled off really well in my opinion. I really recommend this fanfic to those who are interested.

There was another fanfic called "Friday Night Lights" which revolved around Phoenix, Edgeworth, and Pearl catching fireflies. The fanfic was set to the song "Fireflies" by Owl City and it was pretty good in my opinion. However, whoever wrote the story ENDED UP TAKING IT DOWN FOR SOME REASON... :edgeworth:
ImageImage
Repede wrote:
Yes, I'm a dog that smokes a pipe and owns an Xbox Live account... So what?

The Minecraft Attorney

WrightBrother wrote:
The Rest of the Pieces by Court Records' very own Kitsune. It is an astounding tale that ships Phoenix and Maya, and will keep you on the edge of your seat nearly the entire time. An absolute must-read, and my personal favorite Ace Attorney fanfiction thus far.

I've been looking for that one for ages! Can't believe I'd find it here. :yuusaku:

It was really well-written and one of my favorites too!

Slow Dance is a fic that follows the event of Apollo Justice from Vera's perspective. It's brilliantly written, emotionally engaging and is honestly a more satisfying ending than that which we were given, so I recommend that story with all my heart.

Nevertalk is also an amazing writer and has several really captivating stories. It's a shame most of them are one-shots, and it seems like he has stopped writing, too. Pity.

earthlings on fire

I feel like these are probably considered the "classics" of the fandom; almost every veteran has at least heard of them. Much of what I read is NaruMitsu, but honestly, these are so good that I'd check them out even if you're not big into that pairing:

Piano Man by Trench Kamen. This fic is probably some of the best quality writing and pacing I've seen in the fandom. It goes through the major events of Phoenix's life after being disbarred, and focuses on his marriage to Edgeworth and trying to take Kristoph Gavin down. Gumeshoe/Maggey also heavily focused on. 18+.

Surviving You by pantswarrior/Ellcrys (same author, different usernames). Right up there with Piano Man in terms of quality, and definitely my favourite fanfiction in the AA fandom. Unlike Piano Man, it takes place almost immediately after Phoenix is disbarred and is a bit shorter time frame. But it too deals with how Phoenix takes down Kristoph. Phoenix/Kristoph and Phoenix/Edgeworth are major pairings. This was the story that got me into slash a few years back, but like I said, it's got so much more that even if you're not a fan of that, still read it. The tone of this fic reminds me of a sunset at the end of a vacation-- melancholy yet beautiful (as lame as that sounds, it's how I best describe it). 18+.

The Rapist by LadyLuckDoubt. I don't even think you need to play Ace Attorney to read this story. That's how well-rounded and amazing it is. Kristoph Gavin's experience in jail and how he completely manipulates everyone he meets. Many, many original characters, yet even they are all so likeable. They don't detract from the story and reading this feels like I'm reading a novel. I'm still not done; it's really long. But every chapter is worth it. 18+.

Without Wings by GuardianSaiyoko. This fic is incomplete, but very, very slowly updated. It is still worth a read, though, because its premise is amazing. "What if Phoenix was in the elevator that day?" was the prompt, and the author very creatively explores that through an AU fic. I'm not one for alternate universe stories yet even I find this incredible. Slightly implied pairings, but the most defined (yet not the focus of the story) is Mia/Diego. Rated 'Teen'.

Dementia, by SoWrightSoWrong. SOUL-CRUSHINGLY SAD. SADDEST FIC I'VE EVER READ. Phoenix/Edgeworth. Rated 'Teen'.

Struggling Against Gravity by musouka and Lerayl. So there's probably like a billion fics on how Phoenix and Edgeworth get together. This is one of the best ones. It's been years since I've read this so I'm not as fresh on the details but I can recall being blown away by this story. All Ages.

--------
Not as well known, but one's I've loved reading:

Last Date by LadyLuckDoubt. I'm partial to this because I requested it and it was exactly what I wanted ;). Phoenix visits Kristoph in jail before he's executed and discuss their relationship.Written by the author of 'The Rapist'; she's got very solid writing and this is no exception. Kristoph/Phoenix.

Life Doesn't Worth That Way by Daphne22. Another notable exploration of Phoenix and Edgeworth's relationship. Rated 'Teen'.

I'd also recommend anything by Croik; there's a reason she essentially runs the fandom.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Worthy's Girl. Den Mother. PxE Shipper

Location: Somewhere In Dream Time (Maine) having tea with Miles Edgeworth and discussing fanfiction.

99.9% of what I read of of PW fanfiction is PxE because that is what I enjoy. :edgy: :phoenix:

Some of my favourite PxE fanfics, other than some of my own, are:

SoWrightSoWrong: Shadows Passing
Another Day

Lyrical Rawr: A Crushing Sort Of Perfection
Turnabout The Morning After
The Answer Is Blowing In The Wind
The Answer is Divine Intervention

ShivaSan: Twelve Dollars and Twenty Five Cents

Syrus: Bittersweet Reunion
Shocking Disclosure

Snorkellingfish: Your Secret Admirer

Croik: One of Every Color

KingMobUK: 211
Rainy Days and Rainbows

Midnight-hunter: Regrets and Confessions

Laundry Basket: Old and New

Chiba.Kun: Just a Drop of Lavender

Aleia15: Second Chances

phantom flair: Suspicion

Ellcrys: Turnabout Coming Out

Other PW fics I've read and enjoyed that are either have another pairing other than PxE or no pairing at all are:

CantFakeTheFunk: Follow The Fool
One Of These Things Does Not Belong---Both are Adrian x Franziska

DezoPenguin: U Turnabout

Yaoi Huntress Earth: Turnabout Confessions: Revised Edition--Gumshoe x Edgeworth

Vampire!PxE fics on y!Gallery

Attlander: Bloodlust
Blood Will Tell

Vampire!PxE on fanfiction.net

Pearls1990: Cosmic Love

Too many favourites to list! :edgy: :phoenix:
Kickin' AWESOME Sig By Elriel! Avatar Artwork by Enrychan (Commission)! Thanks! :)
"Bravo! Another triumph for deductive reasoning!"--SH (Michael Caine)

THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH for all the Phoenix/Edgeworth recommendations. on that note, i'd like to second 'Struggling Against Gravity' - even if you don't like P/E, it's an absolute pleasure to read. honestly, whenever i write fanfiction, i ask myself, "is this as good as SaG? ...nope. well, it's not like it'll ever be, so..." haha.

HowObjectionable and diamondpearl876 on ff.net have some very enjoyable fics as well, for various pairings & some gen too!
Kay, you might want to tone the ruffling down a bit.

{tumblr:} edgequill • {twitter:} edgequill • {Ao3:} edgequill

:)

There's so many brilliant Ace Attorney fics out there I don't know where to start.

Chloe wrote:
There's so many brilliant Ace Attorney fics out there I don't know where to start.

Where are you hiding them?

Just kidding of course, but I would still like some recommendations as long as it's not a shipping fic.

Procrastinating...

Reasons Why by EvilWaffleS. It's just really good, hands down. :edgy:
So... How's life?

Logic ~ The Way To The Truth

Dahlia Fey: Ace Attorney is number 1 on my list. I also liked Tickle and The Complete Turnabout.
ImageImageImage

Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!

A Seeker of Truth

Good Memories and Nightmares, by Kawaii Overdose (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4215853/1/ ... Nightmares) is one I really like :phoenix: I don't normally read too much fanfiction myself, but I randomly got the urge and this is one I came across. It's a one-shot that takes place the day before the last trial of 4-4 and focuses on an interaction between Phoenix and Dahlia. I was a bit skeptical going into it, but I feel like the author got the characters nailed really well, and was a very enjoyable read and earns my whole-hearted reccomendation :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

Gardevoir lover

Phoenix Wright Turnabout storm. I really enjoyed this one more than i thought i would considering the crossover.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

Probably my current favorite Justicykes fic, by bossanovabyss on Tumblr.

Warning-Contains spoilers for both Dual Destinies and Doctor Who.

Ace Attorney: I Think You Need a Doctor

The Matchmaking Mishap (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10035757/1/The-Matchmaking-Mishap), by Feriku, is funny and ships Blackquill/Juniper.

The Princess Bride Ace Attorney Crossover (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8192047/1/The-Princess-BrideAce-Attorney-Crossover) is pretty much the original movie script, but with the original characters are replaced with Ace Attorney characters (Westley is replaced with Diego, Buttercup is replaced with Mia, etc.).

:)

http://metiscyked.tumblr.com/post/72277129021/quiet-me this is a short fic with Juniper and Athena. But I love it cause its so adorable.

Will fight 4 Gumshoe's financial safety

I was very honoured to find one of my fics in this thread :will:
As for my recommendation, Man of Mist and The Man who looked at the Sky were two of my favourites, written by Carlis.B on ff.net. There was something about both of these stories (TMWLATS the sequel) that was entirely enchanting to me. MOM focuses on Kristoph and Apollo prior to AJ, and TMWLATS is set in the aftermath of AJ. They're both rather long, and took me a while to get through, but it's worth every moment and I found myself dreading the end. Highly recommend.

Go ahead, make my day...

I'll be honest, I'm not much of a reader of fan fiction. In fact, prior to recently, it had been years since I read any. But it seems my love for the series and hunger for more AA-related content were so great that I ended up reading some of the AA fics. While it could be related to the fact that I have very low standards, I've found the fics I've read to be surprisingly enjoyable.

One of the fics I've read that hasn't been mentioned so far was Road to Ruin by PengyChan. It basically depicts the life of Quercus Alba, from his humble beginnings as a country bumpkin struck by tragedy to his rise through military ranks to his role as a Cohdopian ambassador and leader of an international smuggling ring to his eventual downfall and demise. Due to war being a prominent theme, it lacks the quirkiness that is characteristic of the AA series. Nevertheless, this is a well written fic that does a good job of humanising a major villain without losing the traits that lead him down the path to darkness.

If I had to criticise anything about it, it would be the fact that the smuggling ring is a surprisingly minor part of the story. You'd think that the story of a leader of an international criminal organisation would contain more mystery, drama and intrigue related to its operations....but in this fic, none of that comes into play until close to the events of AAI. Regardless, I still warmly recommend it and it makes me wish that some of the other villains would get the same treatment.

Gardevoir lover

It's not done yet but i'm really liking operation turnabout.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The Mildly Bent Samurai

Erulissë wrote:
The Matchmaking Mishap (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10035757/1/The-Matchmaking-Mishap), by Feriku, is funny and ships Blackquill/Juniper.

! Th-that's me!
Thank you!
^_^

Call me Kass.

ahh, this long list of long fics...

Slow Dance—the definitive Vera fanfic, exploring the healing process of her psyche.

Hostile Environment series—the fic that gave me a surprising love of Simon/Apollo. Trapped-in-a-room-together with a look at what that would feel like for an ex-convict.

Like Sisters—super het-focused but Polly/Junie (with the encouragements of Thena and Trucy) and very very cute.

Halfway to Sunlight—Klapollo that actually looks at how emotionally difficult it would be for a Klav/Polly relationship in the wake of Kristoph Gavin.

State of Being—THENA AND SIMON BODYSWAP. CYKESQUILL MUST-READ.

aaaand the two really emotionally intense ones:

Future of the Past Series—Phantom/Blackquill POST-DD. Yes, you read that right. Thena and Simon end up helping the Phantom to discover his past, his self, and his name. In the process, Simon and the Phantom discover that he has some humanity deep within him. angst out the whazoo.

A Turnabout Toast—basically everything i could ever need in a Narumitsu fic. Larry, who somehow got his life together, challenges Phoenix and Edgeworth to pick theirs up too. Featuring Phoenix's love of his motley family of lost souls, complete with adorable animal nickname.

Y'know

Why is almost everything here gay fanfiction involving Phoenix... Uhhh...

The cape is self-fluttering

Nearavex wrote:
Why is almost everything here gay fanfiction involving Phoenix... Uhhh...

No need to exaggerate.

People are just listing what they like. There just happen to be some PxE fans in the crowd. If you don't like it, then post something you enjoy.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Y'know

Nah, it's okay. It's just my reaction, nothing else.

I'll probably pick something up, I guess.

Nick T. Callahan wrote:
I'll be honest, I'm not much of a reader of fan fiction. In fact, prior to recently, it had been years since I read any. But it seems my love for the series and hunger for more AA-related content were so great that I ended up reading some of the AA fics. While it could be related to the fact that I have very low standards, I've found the fics I've read to be surprisingly enjoyable.

One of the fics I've read that hasn't been mentioned so far was Road to Ruin by PengyChan. It basically depicts the life of Quercus Alba, from his humble beginnings as a country bumpkin struck by tragedy to his rise through military ranks to his role as a Cohdopian ambassador and leader of an international smuggling ring to his eventual downfall and demise. Due to war being a prominent theme, it lacks the quirkiness that is characteristic of the AA series. Nevertheless, this is a well written fic that does a good job of humanising a major villain without losing the traits that lead him down the path to darkness.

If I had to criticise anything about it, it would be the fact that the smuggling ring is a surprisingly minor part of the story. You'd think that the story of a leader of an international criminal organisation would contain more mystery, drama and intrigue related to its operations....but in this fic, none of that comes into play until close to the events of AAI. Regardless, I still warmly recommend it and it makes me wish that some of the other villains would get the same treatment.

That here got me interested, and... oh god.

Oh god, it's so long xD

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I like almost every fanfic of Apollo x Klavier and Phoenix x Miles, because I just ship them hardcore.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

I don't read much fanfiction besides the "so bad it's good" ones,but this one is definitely really sad,and can hit really close to home if any of your loved ones ever suffered from Alzheimer's disease.
Signature loading, please wait...

Forever Hungry

I'm going to start reading The Rest of the Pieces now since it's highly recommended!

I ship Phoenix Maya hardcore but I've never found something I loved -.-

There's some juicy Klavier/Ema one shots out there though, some x rated some fluff. My favourite fluff piece is Stomach Pains (somewhere on ff.net)
Thanks to Vickinator for the sig!
Avatar courtesy of http://cursor.lolipop.jp/cursor/frame1.html/

Great Revival

I love Complete Turnabout

Edgeworth... You Baka.

I have to admit I did like one fanfiction that declared Phoenix guilty (gay) and that he likes Edgeworth
Plus there is a fanfiction called Red Days by The_Lawyer_In_Blue
I have it in my ibooks library lol

If Tomorrow Never Comes by allamanda29, the fic is kinda short, only three chapters, but it jerks my emotions.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12028861/1 ... ever-Comes

Ace Procrastinator

A lot of Feenris fanfictions, especially the humorous ones like Laugh and Love, and One Crazy Night. Also I like Her Feenie. But one of my all time favorites is Complete Turnabout

Enoshima Junko-chan!

The Art of Personal Transfiguration
Athena and Simon reconnect after the events of Dual Destinies

I LOVE "Her Feenie" and "Turnabout Blue Earth"

arsenicCatnip

Anyone have fanfics that don't ship/or feature a het pairing? (a rarity these days)

Ace Procrastinator

Nepeta wrote:
Anyone have fanfics that don't ship/or feature a het pairing? (a rarity these days)

Complete Turnabout doesn't have any ships

This! Is! SPARDA!!!!!

Here's a pretty good one that hasn't been mentioned yet: The Fated Turnabout. The plot involves a fan of the series entering the world of the games to stop Phoenix from losing his badge. I know that's a shaky premise, but it's a lot better than it sounds. You can tell just how much effort the author puts into the story and keeping everything within the realm of plausibility. Additionally, her OC is written believably for a person thrust into a world other than her own, in contrast to all the Mary Sues out there. This story is proof that a self-insert fanfic can work if you put in enough effort. It's not finished yet, and updates are sporadic, but I would highly recommend it.
Rule number one of lawyer stuff: if it's in the court record, it's gonna show up in the trial.
Page 1 of 2 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Present Testimony