Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 2 of 2[ 48 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Sprite TheftTopic%20Title

RD

If i make sprite based on someone art not a sprite is that sprite theft?

~just passing through the path of truth~

I have a question. What if I won't bother with asking for permission (or waiting for it, considering current activity), but make sure that creator is credited? Does that count as stealing? I mean, the same that is said here:

Croik wrote:
I know some people may say that we're all just "stealing" the game sprites to make ours anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference. But the point is the credit. No one on this site is claiming they created the Phoenix Wright sprites - we all respect Capcom for the work they put into the game. But with fan sprites it's not always obvious where the work came from, which is why credit is so important. Please have respect for your fellow artists and their work.

Wouldn't it be okay, if credit is given?

I love Japan. Sometimes I yell 異議!

So I can't steal sprites eh...
MUAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAAAH :karma:
now I shall create a comic with every sprite ever and give NO CREDIT
I'LL END THE WORLD AHHHHA HAHHA!!!
(dont suspend im joking :/)

Beautiful flower

Sligneris wrote:
I have a question. What if I won't bother with asking for permission (or waiting for it, considering current activity), but make sure that creator is credited? Does that count as stealing? I mean, the same that is said here:

Croik wrote:
I know some people may say that we're all just "stealing" the game sprites to make ours anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference. But the point is the credit. No one on this site is claiming they created the Phoenix Wright sprites - we all respect Capcom for the work they put into the game. But with fan sprites it's not always obvious where the work came from, which is why credit is so important. Please have respect for your fellow artists and their work.

Wouldn't it be okay, if credit is given?

I... think it's ok if you give credit, but you still have to ask the artist. If they said it's not ok, then you stop using their art.... Something like that.

I usually avoid using arts of inactive artist/artist that have no means of communication because of this. :sadshoe:
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

元・超会社員級の管理人

We recently had a case of someone stealing many works from AAO and posting them here under a variety of fake accounts. They have been permanently banned from C-R. Such behavior is not acceptable.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The Real Human Being

Bolt Storm wrote:
We recently had a case of someone stealing many works from AAO and posting them here under a variety of fake accounts. They have been permanently banned from C-R. Such behavior is not acceptable.

Wow, what an asshole.

Art Person

Bolt Storm wrote:

Thanks for solving this. My Xineohp is gone! :basil:

I'm also very thankful, especially for the quick response. Disrespecting work is something that should never be acceptable. This kind of attitude is what keeps me willing to make free-use sprites without really strict conditions because it gives me less concern.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Page 2 of 2 [ 48 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites