Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 2 of 2[ 80 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Anyare's Spriting Canvas - older!Pearl Fey.Topic%20Title

Sligneris wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm not, haha xD It's just with the current concept of Nick etc...

Spoiler:
Oh that wouldn't be an issue ;)

Pixel Artist

Spoiler:
Narutard 1.5 wrote:
Let me know when you finish the older pearl fey sprites :3 I would love to use her in a future fan video.

Also, can you make young Morgan in a different colored dress and holding a coffee mug instead of a tea mug doing Morgan's animations?

My OC has an aunt who's nearly identical to Morgan, just younger and prettier (and not insane...) and I'd like to use her in my second fan case when I make it into video form.

Take your time on both of those though, because I still need to finish writing the fanfiction and making the first fan video series anyway xD which could take months or even a year at the rate things are going :udgy:

Anyway, I have nothing to say that hasn't been said already :3 except that you should totally send these to Capcom and see if they'd hire you as an artist for the next AA game :P slim chance that they'd actually do it but xD

Sligneris wrote:
Uh, I think she needs to be done with the young Morgan design first before doing requests xD

Now that I think about it, I would also enjoy seeing young Misty too, heh...

Huddini wrote:
[spoiler=thats funny...SPOILER ALERT]You seem o havethe best authentic looking pearly in gs5, so keep it up.
I would so love to see them used in TGens somewhere....maybe in part 3 perhaps!

I'm sorry, I don't take requests right now. I do take suggestions though. Apply as an artist in the next AA game? I still have college ahead of me plus I'm not very confident. xD;; Unfortunately AA doesn't use sprites anymore. :uramidn:

Priority line-up so far:
Pearl -> ??? -> Young Morgan -> Young Misty -> ( I might open requests at this point )
Guess I'm editing the members of Kurain mostly huh? How about changing the thread to 'Kurain Spriting Abode' or something? Kidding! The line-up is tentative because I'm a pretty indecisive person. :think-think-think: Whenever an idea pops (which is most of the time), poof! It adds to my list. :udgy:

I probably spoiled myself by now but.. guess what guys? Pearl's official GS5 expressions and concept art are in her wikia page. Saves me from the trouble of conceptualizing. C: Angry Pearl sprites were added on 09/27/13!

Spoiler: @Huddini
Pearl in TGens..? :snackood: Is this a dream or..? ; v ; I'd really like that.

( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

I recommend seeing videos though. There are several animations which aren't that obvious like a certain effect at Pearl's yandere fangirling sprite.

I just blue myself

Golly, Anyare, you're wasting your time on these forums. Although, I guess it's a nice way to practice your abilities, with a community. What's your process? Do you do some sort of shortcut or do you do it raw because that would be insane. Either way, the work you do is very impressive. Are you interested in...art as a career? Personal question, I apologise. But like, you must spend a lot of time on this stuff, do you have a deviantart account or something?

Gosh, I'm asking a lot of questions. Apologies, good Anyare. Good work! You're quite skilled, may I say, I look forward to more and I hope you do as well as you deserve in the future.
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Anyare wrote:
Name: TBA (current avatar) - this was my first use of splicing, customization and heavy editing.

Just pointing out that this information is incorrect at the moment. :shoe:

Also, I really like these Older Pearl sprites, on a more positive note.

Anyare wrote:
Spoiler: @Huddini
Pearl in TGens..? :snackood: Is this a dream or..? ; v ; I'd really like that.

Spoiler:
This may be spoilery (well actually, more theory, since I'm not having really any role in Part 3, so don't know the direction it's going to take), but she'd probably show up briefly at a particularly interesting moment of the case. Her reasons for being there would make total sense within the context of the case, and I have the best vision in my head for seeing how she appears in tGens. But ED may have a different viewpoint on these kinds of matters though, so we'll see :P

I try to avoid using canon characters like Pearl to show up due to their obvious-needing design change for a GS5 era game.

Unfortunately, the aa fandom hasn't been able to get a nice-looking GS5 Pearl Fey...or complete sprite sheets for ones that DID look like they would work as a GS5 Pearly. Yours, while mimicking the actual GS5 Pearl Fey look, actually look pretty much an AA-sprite quality kind of thing. You're doing the community a whole favor by getting her down ;)

You accept suggestions, right?

...It might be a risky one, because of her potential appearance in the future games, but how about DD-era Maya to be added when you are done with current works?

Pixel Artist

Sligneris wrote:
I recommend seeing videos though. There are several animations which aren't that obvious like a certain effect at Pearl's yandere fangirling sprite.

Of course! In addition to the sprites we see in-game, I'm planning on adding more. (ex. crying, blushing, :chinami: / :morgan:, etc. ) So far I have 5/13 (including the bonus expressions) sprites done. I still have a long way to go. :yogi:

Future sprite sheet includes: normal, worried/anxious, angry, glad, crying, sad, yandere fangirling, shocked, serious, bowing, blushing, :chinami: / :morgan: and happy. (sideways) Subject to change.. = u =;;

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
Golly, Anyare, you're wasting your time on these forums. Although, I guess it's a nice way to practice your abilities, with a community. What's your process? Do you do some sort of shortcut or do you do it raw because that would be insane. Either way, the work you do is very impressive. Are you interested in...art as a career? Personal question, I apologise. But like, you must spend a lot of time on this stuff, do you have a deviantart account or something?

Gosh, I'm asking a lot of questions. Apologies, good Anyare. Good work! You're quite skilled, may I say, I look forward to more and I hope you do as well as you deserve in the future.

Hm.. process? I usually look for screenshots in tumblr/youtube, resize and redraw them in paint. Shading isn't obvious in DD so I try to visualize. I should try raw one of these days. C: Hahaha, thanks. Oh? That's okay. I'm taking AB in Multimedia Arts so I guess you could say that. I'm only in my first year though. (We'll be learning digital art in sophomore. Right now, we focus on traditional.) :/ I used to have a deviantart account but I lost the password so I've been on tumblr. My tumblr account is under construction though. :payne: Lately, I've been sticking around here. :jake:

Tiagofvarela wrote:
Anyare wrote:
Name: TBA (current avatar) - this was my first use of splicing, customization and heavy editing.

Just pointing out that this information is incorrect at the moment. :shoe:

Also, I really like these Older Pearl sprites, on a more positive note.

Whoops. I'll update that now. O: Thanks!

Huddini wrote:
Spoiler:
This may be spoilery (well actually, more theory, since I'm not having really any role in Part 3, so don't know the direction it's going to take), but she'd probably show up briefly at a particularly interesting moment of the case. Her reasons for being there would make total sense within the context of the case, and I have the best vision in my head for seeing how she appears in tGens. But ED may have a different viewpoint on these kinds of matters though, so we'll see :P

I try to avoid using canon characters like Pearl to show up due to their obvious-needing design change for a GS5 era game.

Unfortunately, the aa fandom hasn't been able to get a nice-looking GS5 Pearl Fey...or complete sprite sheets for ones that DID look like they would work as a GS5 Pearly. Yours, while mimicking the actual GS5 Pearl Fey look, actually look pretty much an AA-sprite quality kind of thing. You're doing the community a whole favor by getting her down ;)

Spoiler:
That's really interesting. Whether or not she appears in part 3, I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm a very big fan of it, you see. o v o
Ah, that makes sense. I would try to avoid that to when making a fan game. So much things to prepare. Haha, thanks.

Sligneris wrote:
You accept suggestions, right?
...It might be a risky one, because of her potential appearance in the future games, but how about DD-era Maya to be added when you are done with current works?

A DD-era Maya? I guess I could add that to the list. C: I'll have to think of a design for her though. Hopefully my interpretation won't be too different from the actual. = 7 =;;
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

I'd like to point something out.

Spoiler:

ImageImage

Normal (smiling) pose is still facing her right a bit. The one that faces ahead of her is the serious one.

Spoiler:

In the happy (the one copied from Maya) pose she raises her head slightly, and overall expression appears to be more lively. She also looks directly at the player when she's angry.

It's nothing of major importance and you're pretty much free to interpret it as you wish, just I think I should mention how it looks in game ^^;

Pixel Artist

Spoiler:
Quote:
Sligneris wrote:
I'd like to point something out.
ImageImage

Normal (smiling) pose is still facing her right a bit. The one that faces ahead of her is the serious one.

In the happy (the one copied from Maya) pose she raises her head slightly, and overall expression appears to be more lively. She also looks directly at the player when she's angry.

It's nothing of major importance and you're pretty much free to interpret it as you wish, just I think I should mention how it looks in game ^^;

I have yet to play the game/demo so I'm not very familiar with the sprites. Thanks for telling me. :odoroki: Since the normal (smiling) pose is facing to her right, you could consider this:
as an alternate pose of her normal (smiling). :udgy: I'll be making another normal (smiling) soon. I will also be spriting a serious pose of her too so don't worry. Haha.. about that mad pose. o v o" I've tried editing it before but it looked pretty off. I'll try to remedy that if I can. :beef: The Maya-like pose, I'll keep that in mind when I edit it next.
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

One truth always prevails

Can't wait to see the serious sprites cause the Pearl Sprites you've made are really good.
Im part of the website Wolfduck Studios check it out if you get the chance you won't regret it. http://wolfduckstudios.com/

Pixel Artist

I've added/revised some sprites. 7/13 finished so far. C:
Those sideway sprites have been a pain. ( Fangirling and happy specifically. DD: ) I've been trying to get the proportion right.
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

About that new angered sprites, something feels off about the middle half-opened mouth frame... It just doesn't get too well with animation. Although I do see a nice change on the happy one, great job. Aaand, I didn't forget the sad one. Hm, this looks very good, but looks sorta WIP-ish. What are your plans on it?

Other than that, I said it before, but your work on these is amazing, really ;)

Pixel Artist

I noticed it looked pretty off DD: I tried to fix it now. What do you think?
WIP-ish? How so? :pearl: It must be the lack of shading. I added more shading.
Image Image
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Art Person

Anyare wrote:
I noticed it looked pretty off DD: I tried to fix it now. What do you think?
Image Image

Woah! They're so well done! And that demon Pearl is made so well! :edgy:

Thats it. Gonna use these! You implemented an idea i was going to request, niiiiice work ;)

Seasoned Animator

Isn't Pearl meant to be looking the other way on that second sprite?
That's it too... I'm using this as well.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Bet you I can use it better than you ;p

Do her expressions have to conform to her kiddy based sprites? I dig the way she didnt simply model that second pose to be exact

Seasoned Animator

Wanna bet?

No don't, want to keep money for DD!

Do we both have permission to use?

Anyare wrote:

No, that's not it... Oh, I know, it's just that in the official game, she looks down rather than at the player. I think two versions again will suffice, if you wish to work on that.

And, I just saw that idle and fangirling sprites... Whoa... Perfect. :godot:

Pixel Artist

Sligneris wrote:
No, that's not it... Oh, I know, it's just that in the official game, she looks down rather than at the player. I think two versions again will suffice, if you wish to work on that.

And, I just saw that idle and fangirling sprites... Whoa... Perfect. :godot:

Oh, then two versions there'll be. ^ v ^ Thank you! I've only noticed today that the fangirling sprites miss a few pixels in the shoulders though. I got to fix them before they're 'usable.' xD That is when I get to my laptop.

ApolloAvalon wrote:
Wanna bet?
No don't, want to keep money for DD!
Do we both have permission to use?

xD Oh, but of course! :will:

SuperAj3 wrote:
Woah! They're so well done! And that demon Pearl is made so well! :edgy:

Hahaha, thanks!
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Hm... It might be digging it up, though...

While the animated version of it, with hair flip definitely improved, I can't help but to feel that the... um... scarf, scarf-like thing? (I still don't know how to call it...) in this sprite still looks a bit off... It might be a nitpick, though I kinda liked how you made it on the other poses and I would love to see everything in that quality ^^

Pixel Artist

Sligneris wrote:
Hm... It might be digging it up, though...
While the animated version of it, with hair flip definitely improved, I can't help but to feel that the... um... scarf, scarf-like thing? (I still don't know how to call it...) in this sprite still looks a bit off... It might be a nitpick, though I kinda liked how you made it on the other poses and I would love to see everything in that quality ^^

The shawl? :pearl: My channeling perceiving technique isn't that strong. What parts of it should I revise? xD;
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Also, returning to my previous criticism on angry sprite... Do you think something like this would work? ^^

ImageImageImage

I should not speak up, with absolutely no advanced spriting abilities on my own.

Pixel Artist

Sligneris wrote:
Also, returning to my previous criticism on angry sprite... Do you think something like this would work? ^^

ImageImageImage

I should not speak up, with absolutely no advanced spriting abilities on my own.

I'm reaally really sorry for only turning up now. D:
Oh. That part of the shawl. o.o I better get to fixing that!
Ack. I've never thought about that. :udgey: You're a genius! :acro: Oh, don't say that! You have more experience in this firm than I do. Your Dahlia sprites are what inspired me to make my own rendition.

Although you didn't mention them, I have version two of the sad sprites you've mentioned before. I'll post them as soon as finish animating them.
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Pixel Artist

Spoiler:
Sligneris wrote:

ImageImageImage

Will these suffice? O:
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Also, I revised the Pearl sprites. ( See OP = v = ) I sharpened/revised the hair, face and removed stray pixels.
Oh and as a bonus! :pearl:
I don't think I'll join the sprite cup. One less person out! Pfft- If I actually do.. |DDD Kinda busy with upcoming finals and all. DD: Good luck guys! :kristoph:
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )
Re: Anyare's Spriting Canvas - Resting. Revised some spritesTopic%20Title

Apollon Flame

Your Blackquill mugshot has got to be the best, seeing as how we can *actually* appreciate his face. :v
A King

in name

alone...
Re: Anyare's Spriting Canvas - Resting. Revised some spritesTopic%20Title

I'm not sure, but... I think this way it's more... smooth? Something along this lines ^^;
Re: Anyare's Spriting Canvas - Pearl sprites completed!Topic%20Title

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

If you're taking requests for the Dual Destinies mugshots, could you make one for Yuri Cosmos?
Re: Anyare's Spriting Canvas - Update (03/19/14)Topic%20Title

Pixel Artist

Is this legal? :/ Thought I might revive this one for a bit. ( :alita: ) The OP is so messy I just had to make changes. Revised Dahlia sprites. Added a new version of Pearl, Mia and an alternate for Iris. C: There are a few mugshots too. What do you guys think?

Scent wrote:
Your Blackquill mugshot has got to be the best, seeing as how we can *actually* appreciate his face. :v

Oh thank you!
Captain Segway wrote:
If you're taking requests for the Dual Destinies mugshots, could you make one for Yuri Cosmos?

I wasn't thinking of it but sure, I'll try to do so during my spare time. ( ^ v ^ )
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Y'know

Great job on the Pearl sprites! You are really an outstanding sprite artist! :pearl:

Two little nitpicks, though. Timings on Dahlia animations don't match their official counterparts.

Also, this one fit better with her holding her hair, I think. Right now it looks more like she's calmly holding her umbrella while filled with fury...

Seasoned Animator

Is it wrong to say that both Pearl sets are so adorable?

Art Person

Your new Pearl sprites are so incredible! Well done on getting that DD Style to merge with 2D Sprites!

Pixel Artist

SuperAj3 wrote:
Your new Pearl sprites are so incredible! Well done on getting that DD Style to merge with 2D Sprites!
ApolloGrimoire wrote:
Is it wrong to say that both Pearl sets are so adorable?

Really? Thanks! C:

Nearavex wrote:
Great job on the Pearl sprites! You are really an outstanding sprite artist! :pearl:

Two little nitpicks, though. Timings on Dahlia animations don't match their official counterparts.

Also, this one fit better with her holding her hair, I think. Right now it looks more like she's calmly holding her umbrella while filled with fury...
Thank you! :maya:
Dahlia's sprites (actually all of my sprites) are timed AJ by the way. I would time it with her original sprites but it would take a long time. Plus I sorta.. kinda prefer Aj's timing ORZ
Here's an extra set of angry sprites. C:
Spoiler: Angry Dahlia sprites
Image Image Image

Updated the Hawthorne twins (young) and added a shocked Thalassa!
Spoiler: Young Dahlia + Iris
Image ImageImage Image
Spoiler: Thalassa Gramarye

In case you guys are wondering what comes next..
Blushing Pearly and.. I doubt if anyone remembers my younger Morgan (aka Morgan's happier days). Still have to fix hair, make the fan and all.
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

Can you also do an Athena sheet? Rajin quit AA, so there's another spot open. And maybe even some front DD Phoenixes?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Seasoned Animator

Spoiler:
For front Phoenix?

Go here: http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =30&t=7314

VirtAnderson is the one you're looking for.

Y'know

Well, I must be sincere here, Virt's works are kinda lower quality here than Rajin's...

I don't think Anyare is going to do Phoenix, but... Anyare, how do you feel about Athena's character? ^-^ Like her kinda comparably to Feys, like Pearl...?

Pixel Artist

GyakutenFanatic wrote:
Can you also do an Athena sheet? Rajin quit AA, so there's another spot open. And maybe even some front DD Phoenixes?

Nearavex wrote:
I don't think Anyare is going to do Phoenix, but... Anyare, how do you feel about Athena's character? ^-^ Like her kinda comparably to Feys, like Pearl...?

Mr. Hobo has really great DD front Phoenixes. Too bad they're not done yet. :acro:
Rajin quit AA? That's really sad news to me. I'm a very big fan of his work you see. Actually, I'm thinking of making Blackquill's (the prosecutor, not Aura's, xD) sprites after all this is finished. Though they might take a long time. (Haven't played the game yet and spriting isn't exactly an easy task.)

I posted about Blackquill in the request thread. If you guys can help me, I'll be really greatful. :trucy:
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Those are really good for a beginner, they are undescribable good.

I especially love your OC, she's so cute and omfg Iris and Dahlia as kids brought tears into my eyes, aww man.

I love them, I'm completely stunned right now, keep it up! :bellboy:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Can I hear an "Objection!"?

I don't know how I was unaware of this sprite thread for so long.

Those Pearly DD sprites are amazing! :beef:
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)

Page 2 of 2 [ 80 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites