Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Drexanz's SpritesTopic%20Title

Hello everyone, today I decided to try my hand at Ace Attorney style sprites and this is what came out of it. It took me all day to make all of these.
The character is from a game I am making at the moment, his name is Zadal Aaron Ultimum. He's a dragon (that takes the form of a human because it's easier to work with and other plot reasons) from the floating dragon kingdom Lydia, so that's why his ears are slightly pointed. The game has nothing to do with AA, but I made these anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I know they're not the best things in the world, but I was mostly pretty proud of them.
I also know his hair's kinda flat, but that's what his hair looks like so...
Plus when I tried to add some volume to it, it made it look kind of... off :ron:

Let me know what you think.

Oh, yeah. I nearly forgot, these aren't exactly my "first" sprites of ace attorney, but I still consider them as such.
This was technically my first one. It's me...mostly.
Spoiler:

EDIT: For anyone who cares, here's a little backstory on Zadal.
Spoiler:
I created Zadal a very long time ago when I got Dragon Quest IX, Lydia was made before him but it wasn't very fleshed out yet. When I first created Zadal's outfit I thought it looked quite odd so I gave it a (semi) clever backstory.

After he fell from his home in the sky, Lydia, he met another dragon named Steven Magna who helped nurse him back to health. Zadal's clothes were obviously pretty messed up from the fall so he had to buy some new ones. Unfortunately for him though, he had no idea what sort of outfits the 'humans' wore so he looked around and saw a dancer that was crowded by many people. Zadal decided the dancer was probably very highly respected considering how many people were surrounding her, so he chose his outfit based on what she was wearing at the time. The clothier didn't have the exact outfit pieces Zadal was looking for so he gave him some similar garments and sent him on his way. That's the story of Zadal's oddly designed outfit.

He also wears a special glove, but I'm not going to go into that because of how much I'd have to write for it.

Last edited by Drexanz on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: Drexanz's SpritesTopic%20Title

Great Revival

I like them. :edgey:
Also, I noticed you joined just a bit ago, so welcome!

Art Person

Welcome to CR! :basil:
Nice work! These are some really clean edits!
I like how Zadal's hair moves fluidly when he shakes his head! You did really well!

Quote:

Thanks.
Yeah, I think I had another account but I couldn't remember the username or password, so I just made a new one.

Quote:
Nice work! These are some really clean edits!
I like how Zadal's hair moves fluidly when he shakes his head! You did really well!

Thank you very much. I liked that part of it as well. :edgey:

Great Revival

Drexanz wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Yeah, I think I had another account but I couldn't remember the username or password, so I just made a new one

Well then, welcome back. :edgey:

Haha, thanks :redd:

Winter Flag Trademark

Either you used the official sprites as a base; or made on your own. But either way, I like them. The enlarged one (the one that is sorta like you, or as you said.) reminds me of Nicky... Have you drew it? I liked it a little more than others.

Welcome [back] to CR, btw~ :wave:

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

Quote:
Either you used the official sprites as a base; or made on your own. But either way, I like them. The enlarged one (the one that is sorta like you, or as you said.) reminds me of Nicky... Have you drew it? I liked it a little more than others.

Welcome [back] to CR, btw~ :wave:

Yeah, I used Apollo as a base for Zadal and edited the crud out of it.
The enlarged one is a redrawn Phoenix sprite from the HD Trilogy release. I made that one quite a while ago and didn't edit very much when I made it, mostly just the jaw shape and the hair. But I'm glad you liked it.
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites