Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites

Page 3 of 3[ 115 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Re: The Drowning Club RipsTopic%20Title

um...hi your honour?

Phantomanon wrote:

Wait, where the heck did all the momentum go? You were chugging out gifs on a regular basis!

W-well... let's just say that summer's over and some of the MAJOR people (recording, coding, behind the scenes work that don't pertain to ripping, but are very vital) are caught up with work, college, school, etc. etc., so there may be a few... hiccups, here and there. We'll still put out regularly, and I DO try my best to be able to find time to record. But stay tuned, we'll still rip, albeit at a slower pace.

Ah I see...that's understandable...

i feel pretty

Phantomanon wrote:

Wait, where the heck did all the momentum go? You were chugging out gifs on a regular basis!

W-well... let's just say that summer's over and some of the MAJOR people (recording, coding, behind the scenes work that don't pertain to ripping, but are very vital) are caught up with work, college, school, etc. etc., so there may be a few... hiccups, here and there. We'll still put out regularly, and I DO try my best to be able to find time to record. But stay tuned, we'll still rip, albeit at a slower pace.

What does this guy come under in the archive? I'm downloading all the zips without looking at them (I want to know as little about DGS as possible until it's done) but I can't see anything new.

Also, I'm glad you guys are still going. Was worried for a while there. It doesn't matter how first you go, as long as you don't stop.

solver of sliding block puzzles

Lind wrote:
What does this guy come under in the archive? I'm downloading all the zips without looking at them (I want to know as little about DGS as possible until it's done) but I can't see anything new.

Also, I'm glad you guys are still going. Was worried for a while there. It doesn't matter how first you go, as long as you don't stop.

He's not released yet, I was just posting a teaser image of a DLC costume.

Just a defense attorney.

Holy hell! These rips are amazing! Thank you for posting these; I've been trying to find the people who'd actually done these rips, as I'd seen them on Attorney Online before and never was able to find the source, but now I know.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more of it!

Been a while, hasn't it?
Spoiler: DD
ImageImageImage

Spoiler: DGS
ImageImageImage

Spoiler: DGS2

i feel pretty

Phantomanon wrote:
Been a while, hasn't it?
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Although, how come Sasha and Phineas have a black outline around them?

Lind wrote:
Phantomanon wrote:
Been a while, hasn't it?
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Klavier also has it. They look incredibly awful without the black outline, truth be told. This is merely specific to DD.

i feel pretty

Phantomanon wrote:
Lind wrote:
Phantomanon wrote:
Been a while, hasn't it?
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Klavier also has it. They look incredibly awful without the black outline, truth be told. This is merely specific to DD.

So he does, although it's a little subtler on Klavier.

Odd, but as long as it looks better that's fine.

Objection! That's no fair!

Phantomanon wrote:
Been a while, hasn't it?
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Klavier?! Now that's a sight I've never seen before! I thought nobody would rip him. May I ask... would you mind doing his bench sprites? (Though, I know the DD ones are kinda incomplete because Klavier was only at the bench during the mock trial... So he'd be missing a lot of animations...)

Warning: The folder has not been arranged and named appropriately.

um...hi your honour?

Phantomanon wrote:

OH COOL BLACKQUILL!! (finally!)
and i'll take that disclamer about the folder to heart.

i feel pretty

Phantomanon wrote:

*proceeds to make like 10 skits I've been waiting until this set came out to make*

*laugh track*

Man, in comparison to SoJ/DGS, the outlines on the DD characters look really weird. Amateurish, even.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?

Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore

Southern Corn wrote:
Man, in comparison to SoJ/DGS, the outlines on the DD characters look really weird. Amateurish, even.

That's not our fault entirely, honestly speaking. They look INCREDIBLY strange if we use the DGS method on them. They come with outline naturally ingame, but I can see how you think some of them are thick. Could be 1px less thick, I suppose.

*laugh track*

Yeah, I'm not blaming you. I just don't think that DD's outline method looks very smooth. SoJ and DGS are much more aesthetically pleasing, so to speak.
A great man once wrote:

A Dum Dum

Southern Corn wrote:
Yeah, I'm not blaming you. I just don't think that DD's outline method looks very smooth. SoJ and DGS are much more aesthetically pleasing, so to speak.

There are two primary reasons for this. One simple, one complicated.

First: Gif is shit.
We can't really do much about that. No partial transparency means hard pixel edges are inevitable. I did my best to mitigate it but there's not much that can be done.

Second: Capcom is shit.
The outlines on most DD characters (Klavier being the exception, hilariously enough) is as accurate as I could get them to the game's representation. The previous reason, however, prevents a "truly accurate" version from being created using GIF or even with blacked footage. The game's outlines vary subtly in color depending on the environment, as well, and are, naturally, anti-aliased. If it didn't look so terrible without an outline, I'd go for it, but sadly they look awful without them, and I prefer to be as accurate as possible within the limitations I've been given.

In short: We're trying to compromise game-accuracy, aesthetics, and the limitations of the available methods, so the outline doesn't look incredibly smooth as it would on, say, a png file.

EDIT: It doesn't hurt that SoJ models are just better in general than DD ones. :godot:

um...hi your honour?

JumJum wrote:

It doesn't hurt that SoJ models are just better in general than DD ones. :godot:

took the words right outta my mouth
Reporter HusbandoTopic%20Title

Baker of Rips

He may take some time, but here's a preview of one of the characters being ripped right now.

(The outline is a little inconsistent, but that's because he has certain emotes which do NOT look good with a more aggressive outline rip.)

Last edited by Breaddy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

*laugh track*

Nice! Always liked this character's emotes.

You might wanna tag for DGS2 spoilers though since
Spoiler: DGS2-1
He's only seen once as a minor gag from the side before he appears as a witness.

A great man once wrote:

Last edited by Southern Corn on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baker of Rips

Southern Corn wrote:
Nice! Always liked this character's emotes.

You might wanna tag for DGS2 spoilers though since [spoiler=DGS2-1] He's only seen once as a minor gag from the side before he appears as a witness. [/spoiler{

Good point. Apologies, and the characters is now... er, spoilers-ed.

Shine Sprite

DGS2 character?
I really like his design (he may be useful in my fancase)
Thanks for all the hard work being put into rips!

Baker of Rips

SuperAj3 wrote:
DGS2 character?
I really like his design (he may be useful in my fancase)
Thanks for all the hard work being put into rips!

Yep, DGS2 (and appropriately spoiler-tagged for it now). As for his design... he's a very handsome man.
Spoiler:
I wanna touch his sideburns.
:knock-knock:

We do our best ripping, even if we are a bit slow sometimes. It's nice to see people put these sprites to use outside of just an AAO environment, really. I've ripped a few characters in the repository like Venus, Crab, and Sasha, and I keep all the frames I use from every character I rip, so if anyone ever wants anything like that (dunno why you would but it's nice to offer), just lemme know!

um...hi your honour?

mamemoism >>>> every other "ism".
mamemomi is a forever bae.
basically he's my faveourite first case killer personality wise second to Metal Jesus from 6-1

*laugh track*

HeroMan66475 wrote:
basically he's my faveourite first case killer personality wise second to Metal Jesus from 6-1

Meh.

Spoiler: D2-1
Favourite part about him was his breakdown where he was tossed. And also once more by the judge. Yeesh.

A great man once wrote:

um...hi your honour?

Southern Corn wrote:
HeroMan66475 wrote:

Meh.

Spoiler: D2-1
Favourite part about him was his breakdown where he was tossed. And also once more by the judge. Yeesh.

eh, to eahc their own i guess. I still liked him personality wise. Mamemomism is pretty cool tbh

Ace Fangirl

Breaddy wrote:
We do our best ripping, even if we are a bit slow sometimes. It's nice to see people put these sprites to use outside of just an AAO environment, really. I've ripped a few characters in the repository like Venus, Crab, and Sasha, and I keep all the frames I use from every character I rip, so if anyone ever wants anything like that (dunno why you would but it's nice to offer), just lemme know!

Actually, do you have Holmes frames? Preferably his usual detective outfit, but I'd take casual and DLC too.

Mildly related, I'm curious:
Spoiler:
You can evidently get the dancing animation in his DLC outfit and it must exist in the detective form too, but what about his casual duds? Is that version capable of the dance too, or is it impossible because of the context? Same for the wax figure pose. Game context dictates these things happen while he's out of the house, so I'm wondering if his casual version is tied to the detective version in such a way that all animations are shared.

Baker of Rips

Meowzy wrote:
Breaddy wrote:

Actually, do you have Holmes frames? Preferably his usual detective outfit, but I'd take casual and DLC too.

Spoiler:
You can evidently get the dancing animation in his DLC outfit and it must exist in the detective form too, but what about his casual duds? Is that version capable of the dance too, or is it impossible because of the context? Same for the wax figure pose. Game context dictates these things happen while he's out of the house, so I'm wondering if his casual version is tied to the detective version in such a way that all animations are shared.

Ah, I didn't rip Holmes, so I'm afraid I don't. As far as DGS goes, I believe I'm only
Spoiler:
Mamemomi, Venus, Hart (DGS1) and Hobbes/Hobbes (Brown hat juror) Def
. Couldn't tell you about your spoilered question, really, too. Best off asking Phantomanon about that; I'm only a basic ripper. :maya-thought:

Meowzy wrote:
Breaddy wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yes and no. I personally haven't tested the dance, but sometimes Casual Holmes can have some of the emotes that original Holmes has. The only emotes that do NOT work for casual is the JR ones. Wax figure comprises of a different face code. The expressions on his face are sometimes controlled by another code instead of being inbuilt into the emote.

Ace Fangirl

Oh, that's super interesting! Thanks for answering.

i feel pretty

Can I just say a massive thank you to you guys? In little over two months you've made over a quarter of all the DD sets.

Once we have full GIF rips for the whole DD and SoJ cast, I plan to reboot the Phoenix Wrong the Movie series. Most of the people who used to make these have stopped, but I think the biggest reason for that is the lack of rips.

You guys are a real credit to the fandom. Thanks so much.

Ace Fangirl

Here I come with two more questions!

1) Is it possible to rip the teeny tiny sprites that appear in the credit roll where Naruhodou and the gang are walking along the screen and passing other characters? I'm wondering whether they're separate entities from the credit roll background, or whether it was all crammed together as one big file. (if they CAN be ripped, it means teeny tiny full-bodied sprites as opposed to waist-up sprites)

2) Mild spoiler warning for DGS2 case 2
Spoiler:
There's a moment where Holmes imitates Petenshy (the Shakespeare guy) with those weird over-the-top movements. Is that something that can be ripped?

Meowzy wrote:
Here I come with two more questions!

1) Is it possible to rip the teeny tiny sprites that appear in the credit roll where Naruhodou and the gang are walking along the screen and passing other characters? I'm wondering whether they're separate entities from the credit roll background, or whether it was all crammed together as one big file. (if they CAN be ripped, it means teeny tiny full-bodied sprites as opposed to waist-up sprites)

2) Mild spoiler warning for DGS2 case 2
Spoiler:
There's a moment where Holmes imitates Petenshy (the Shakespeare guy) with those weird over-the-top movements. Is that something that can be ripped?

1) I believe it is a combination of controlled camera angles and video footage. We can control the camera angles as we please, but camera angles that aren't used a lot (i.e. defense bench, prosecution, judge, investigation left and investigation right etc.) use float values, which I suppose is the case for what is happening. So we technically /CAN/ do it, it's just a little too much guesswork going into it.

2) If you see it in game as an emote then it's possible to rip.

Ace Fangirl

1) Oh, I see! That's too much of a challenge with not enough pay-off then, I suppose. I was really interested in full-body animations of certain characters dancing (cough cough), but with that sort of guesswork involved... fff...

2) D-Do we see it in the game as an emote? I'm painfully ignorant of what exactly falls into the definition/description of emote when it comes to these sprites. I only know that it's a thing that Sherlock does once during dialogue and it's a perfect replication of what the other character does. I wouldn't be surprised if the base of the animation is actually that other character and they somehow slapped Sherlock over it, but again, I don't know enough about how the game works to know if that's even possible.

Meowzy wrote:
1) Oh, I see! That's too much of a challenge with not enough pay-off then, I suppose. I was really interested in full-body animations of certain characters dancing (cough cough), but with that sort of guesswork involved... fff...

2) D-Do we see it in the game as an emote? I'm painfully ignorant of what exactly falls into the definition/description of emote when it comes to these sprites. I only know that it's a thing that Sherlock does once during dialogue and it's a perfect replication of what the other character does. I wouldn't be surprised if the base of the animation is actually that other character and they somehow slapped Sherlock over it, but again, I don't know enough about how the game works to know if that's even possible.

1) We could try but the only people who has a thorough understanding of how the game works is limited to me and one or two more people, outside of, say, the DGS translation team, but even then, I highly doubt they can help us with that, considering I believe that we have a little bit more understanding.

2)First of all I would like you to take a look at this.

You're gonna ask, WTF is this? This, I strongly believe to be Holmes's animation data. Every character has their own sets SPECIFIC to them. You cannot take animation data from others, and therefore they have to take wholesale and put it in here. If it exists in here, then it exists in-game as a emote that I can manipulate to be shown on-screen.

Ace Fangirl

Oh, I see! That's really interesting, thanks for explaining!
Page 3 of 3 [ 115 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Present Evidence » Sprites