Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 20 of 20[ 797 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Re: Arkillian's Fanart- 5 solid gold ringsTopic%20Title

Just another day.

Arkillian wrote:
IT's great to see even one person supporting me. I'm sure there's more.

indeed...i know because im one of them :godot:

like you said its been pretty empty lately and i suppose we can only wait and hope it eventually starts to become more active again.

and about the new stuff...there all very well done...i wish i had more to add D:

anyways once again good job as always and good luck on future art endeavors...now then back to trying to improve on my own drawlings (getting back into drawling after a year). >_>;;;

Waiting on Godot...

Well, if it interests anyone, I'm publishing a 60 - 70 page Ace Attorney fancomic with 6 artists including myself. We're all going to have a story about 10 pages long so it's going to be a GREAT read :) Some artists you'll know, some you wont-

Myself
Studio Kawaii
Moron son of Boron (Samutoka)
Soreveil
Raax the Ice Warrior
Tigerman-exe

I think I'm adding more to this list too cause my quote came out at an awesome price :D

It's going to have a GREAT range of artist styles and the bits and pieces I've heard about the plots they have in mind, it sounds like it'll be a great read!

I also hope to have more Ace Atttorney art in general soon too. Maybe get Turnabout Attorney back on the road. I miss writing that D: We'll see how it goes anyways :)
ImageImageImageImage

Fancy a cuppa?

:larry: I REMEMBER YOU. I REMEMBER YOUR OC. I REMEMBER YOUR ART STYLE! (although I'm assuming you won't have a clue who I am) Aw, your art is fantastic! Keep it up!
^Click for link!

Waiting on Godot...

edgeygavin wrote:
:larry: I REMEMBER YOU. I REMEMBER YOUR OC. I REMEMBER YOUR ART STYLE! (although I'm assuming you won't have a clue who I am) Aw, your art is fantastic! Keep it up!

Of course I do :) Not seeing you for 1 year doesn't mean that I'm going to forget you. People are slowly crawling back to the site now it's back up. Hopefully when GK5 is translated to english this site will be back to it's old self again :)

And thank you :maya:
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Spoiler: A Kitten Treat- Contains nipples + Meigo

Kitten Treats- a Valentines day inspired picture where I thought it'd be cute for Mia to dress up as a kitten and give Diego a treat ^^ No hands allowed- yet ^^

Done in copics :)

Yay! Ace Attorney arts! <3 This seems to be my consistent valentines day coupling. I'm intrigued ^^
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Arkillian's Fanart- A Kitten treat (Miego)Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

*sighs* I'm going to assumethat people are still following me and just keeping radio silence and try to promote a collaboration Ace Attorney comic I'm working on with about 7 or so other artists. It'll be available in Easter all things going well.

Some teaser panels from it for my comic (In no particular order, and yes, it IS a Miego comic :) )

These are all raw images. I've made them black and white, but they're not cleaned or toned yet. Heck, I'm working script free at the moment so I don't even know what they're saying yet XD That's future Killy's problem though ;) It'll be printed by easter if it kills me XD I always make my deadlines :)

So yeah... do comment if you're lookign at this with anything... even if all you type is anything! I just want to know that people are out there watching :)
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Arkillian's Fanart- AA Comic Teasers!Topic%20Title

Those are raw, uncleaned images!? Their incredible! The linework is flawless and awesome. I wish my linework looked like that BEFORE refinement. The perspective used in the panels is creative and with a lot of impact. Their personality is really communicated through the images. That requires incredible skill to pull off.

I hope Mia and Godot had many happy years when they were together, or at least, I hope Mia in spirit form still visits Godot from time to time. :{

Also, that AAI tron art is epic!
:edgeworth: OBJECTION!

Waiting on Godot...

Primal wrote:
Those are raw, uncleaned images!? Their incredible! The linework is flawless and awesome. I wish my linework looked like that BEFORE refinement. The perspective used in the panels is creative and with a lot of impact. Their personality is really communicated through the images. That requires incredible skill to pull off.

I hope Mia and Godot had many happy years when they were together, or at least, I hope Mia in spirit form still visits Godot from time to time. :{

Also, that AAI tron art is epic!

Pretty much raw lines. I scanned the linearts, turned then black and they have been shrunk alot, but besides that, I haven't pocked any lines around or screen toned it at all :) I wouldn't call it flawless, but thank you ^^ I'm trying to get more perspective in my art. IT's hard cause my eyesight isn't too great and I have issues with depth but the more I try it, the better I get at it :D Personality to me is one of the most important things to convey in a comic though. I find that even pro artists can lose that quality in theit art, making their characters all have a generic expression and I don't like that. the face has so many ways it can communicate and when I found out how to crack that, I can usually draw most expressions if I can pull it myself :) some are tricky, like Diego's expressions, cause his are VERY self assured and confident. That can be hard to pull off without looking too cocky.

I'd like to think they had a lot of time together but I doubt they did :( There was an internship, but Diego got poisoned so soon after her first case. I'm sure that when they were together though, it was epic coupling ^^

and thank you :) The Tron one was fun to do :D I wanted to give a crack to that blue for ages, and this picture was PERFECT for it :D I'd like to make another of these one day- that's why I called it Derezzled 1.0 :)
ImageImageImageImage

Heat Guy J

Arkillian wrote:
Pretty much raw lines. I scanned the linearts, turned then black and they have been shrunk alot, but besides that, I haven't pocked any lines around or screen toned it at all :) I wouldn't call it flawless, but thank you ^^ I'm trying to get more perspective in my art. IT's hard cause my eyesight isn't too great and I have issues with depth but the more I try it, the better I get at it :D

You probably already know this, and it would probably be more beneficial to put this comment in the critique thread, but if it's about the line quality, that's usually not so important as it is the thickness you're applying to it. Some of it depends on style, and you'll just have to experiment with that, but I also think part of it is realizing that lineart is really just an over simplification of shadows and light. At least that's how I'd like to think of it. So "thicker" lines appear where there is more shadow, and thinner lines where there is more light. So just because it's lineart doesn't mean you don't have to think about light source; you can make the lineart look really great by thickening lines according to the lighting. Randomly thickening some lines isn't usually quite impressive.

I personally think any 3D related app like posemaniacs or other software would be great for getting a grasp on perspective. Since you'll just be staring at your computer screen all the time, and the actual depth never changes; your brain just understands the concept of depth when you see it presented adequately in front of you on the screen. But I'll understand if digital is not your thing...
But perspective can be difficult to get right anyways. It's a field that's well understood under the context of mathematics, but it's probably not something people generally understand well either, or have the time for it. I think there are a few pages on Wikipedia that have a simpler explanation of how that works here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphical_projection
And I guess it doesn't exactly help that things just look weird or awkward when viewed from unusual angles or perspectives, and you have to tell that symbolic part of your brain to shut up about it.

Quote:
Personality to me is one of the most important things to convey in a comic though. I find that even pro artists can lose that quality in theit art, making their characters all have a generic expression and I don't like that. the face has so many ways it can communicate and when I found out how to crack that, I can usually draw most expressions if I can pull it myself :) some are tricky, like Diego's expressions, cause his are VERY self assured and confident. That can be hard to pull off without looking too cocky.

I agree about that. I love drawing expressions. It's tons of fun; and I love it when people comment, saying they found the character I drew scary, intense, silly, or whatever other expression I choose to give them. I think part of the reason why people are limited in drawing expressions is because they either can't do it or just don't get the chance to do it (myself included; I just love drawing frowny faces too much.) I think those character expression sheets would be fairly useful for that.
Pauca sed matura.

Waiting on Godot...

Yeah- I'm trying to do 2 and 3 point perspective, but it's getting really hard to find time outside of doing my usual comic work and life to practise it. I need to do some serious practise of alot of things in art, which is why I haven't been asking for critique- I know the what's and hows, I just need to do it XD Doing perspective on block shapes is easy though. Doing it to humans is HARD cause I'm not very good at visualising things in 3D space. Life drawing eventually started to help with that, but I still have some pretty hard core perception issues with it cause I can't focus on things away from me. Going off photos and flat objects is good, but only cause I can see them. I will be doing that at some point though. I have a book on perspective. I just need to nut it out and start applying it.

As for linearts. For me, I look at it as high points and low points which is probably a similar mentality- similar as it if the light is diffused then higher points would be brighter. I'll probably push all of that to a new level at some point when I study other things. Thanks for pointing it out though. I'm.... sort of going in that way, but not as much as I could be I guess. I'll just need to add it to me 'need to improve' list I have. I give myself goals of things that need improving, and over a year I work it into my art. I should do proper study, but this way has worked up till now :)

I have a book on expressions which is really good. IT has a break down at the back on what the face does as it expresses and it's a real eye opener :) It cost me alot at the time (Cause New Zealand is good like that) but it was SO worth it :)
ImageImageImageImage

Heat Guy J

Haha, admittedly, I don't practice a lot either. I know I should, but everytime I draw, I feel like it has to be...perfect. And if it isn't, I end up discarding it, and then waiting a bit until I feel like trying again. Too much of the "Pauca sed matura" mentality, I suppose.

Hey, I'm with you there about the perspectives. I can do some perspectives just fine because I do them all the time, but other ones give me lots of trouble because it looks "wrong" or it's hard to find the exact reference image that looks like it. I don't think there's really a way to get around visualizing organic shapes like people in odd perspectives because we often rely too much on the symbolic representation of the object, and don't really know how it should look like, or we just don't remember it. A photographic memory would be useful, I suppose.

I've been experimenting with different lineart styles. My perspective of it is generally go with the light source, but you're free to stylize on top of it (rather than stylize only). I've been taking a liking to the pencil sketch style I used on a few recent works and the heavy, bold lines from Ghost Trick, which I'm using for the project down below in my sig. It's also occasionally fun to offer lineart for collabs with other people, as it's interesting to see how they'll interpret your lines. I've had a few collab partners before. A few of them are actually really good though, and I don't need to simplify my original work into thicker lines.

Thanks for the book suggestion. I'll take a look at it eventually.
Pauca sed matura.

Waiting on Godot...

FWAHAHAHAH! You're so Von Karma you perfectionist XD I don't know what you'd consider me. I try to give a picture my best if I possibly can. Some I can do better than others depending on my mood and how difficult the task is, but I don't like doing a half assed job. Does that make me a perfectionist too? I'm not trying to be perfect at art, but the best that I can be. I'm not sure O.o I use to think I was one, but then I realised that I was satisfied with some pictures as scribbles. I didn't hate them afterwards cause they failed to be what they could be. I loved them for what they became. Sometimes more than finals. I'm weird though.

Humans you CAN do perspective on, but the way they do it is with boxes which for me is all WTF?! I tried doing it and it's NOT natural. I prefer to play it by ear than try real perspective. On humans, you REALLY have to know how to draw a human in 3D space before you can do true perspective cause you have to know how the head fits in a cube. It's REALLY advanced stuff and I'm no where near that level XD Lol

If you get it, I promise you'll love it. I reckon you'd do some really beautiful things with the knowledge in that book :D You already have a great grasp of the face, but to get the range of emotions this book has... I VERY rarely miss out on hitting a subtle emotion on the head now days. If I do, it's because I wasn't familiar with the angle or something like that. It's souly because of this book.
ImageImageImageImage

Heat Guy J

Haha... I'm only really like that about art; I'm actually quite lazy and indifferent about almost everything else in life. Interestingly though, my username over at the PWMusical forums is Manfred though. Oh, of course "perfection" isn't practically obtainable; art would be boring if you could reach it. I suppose my idea of "perfect" is that the image appears that way to me at the time I am drawing it, but I know sometime in the future, I may spot mistakes I couldn't have seen earlier. So I suppose I want them to look as good as possible, and I bother to put effort into that. So I guess we're about the same, as with all other serious artists; the only difference between us all is deciding what we post. So if it's just a stupid scribble that I don't plan on refining later, I probably won't post it. I tend to like only posting polished stuff. There are people who post almost nothing at all because their perfectionist habits are worse than mine, and people who post just about everything they draw, good or bad. So how about you?

Interestingly, the guy from whom I stole "Pauca sed matura" from was also a bit of a perfectionist himself. Haha...

I think the whole idea behind using boxes is because boxes are much easier to visualize. Blocky shapes when you're just doing the base sketches are easier for your mind to grasp. But I think it only works if you use more of them. Just using a box as a frame isn't as useful as using several boxes to flesh out the form of a character like wireframe polygons in a 3D program. And that's only if you know where to put the boxes, I suppose. After that, the whole looking weird feeling is just the symbolic side of your brain taking over. References are remedies for that.

Thanks.
References and life drawings are probably good for the angles you're not so familiar with. And if you do it enough, you'll probably just become more familiar with them.
Pauca sed matura.

Waiting on Godot...

New Arts!

Here's a crop of a picture that should've turned out better

I called it Ruby Lips for obvious reasons :) I'm in a big Mia kick right now XD
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Cover for the collab comic Tales of Turnabout :) It features all the main characters in the comic. Please comment if you like- I appreciate comments ^^
ImageImageImageImage
Re: Arkillian's Fanart- Tales of Turnabout cover!Topic%20Title

Prolific Writer

Wow. Franziska von Karma in a red cocktail dress. I thought I'd never see the day.

That is Franziska, right? I'm gonna feel pretty stupid if it isn't. :oops:

This is quite a nice picture, although I have to be honest, it's not exactly what I'd expect from a comic book cover (not that that's a bad thing, mind you). I don't know, maybe it's the materials used (looks like watercolors from where I'm standing, feel free to correct me), or maybe it's the fact that it doesn't really say a lot about the story. Actually, I think it's what it doesn't say that makes me interested into checking out the comic myself, so as a cover, it does its job.

Wait, that is what I expect from a comic book cover. Why did I say that it wasn't? Is it because of the unconventional way it makes me interested in the story?

:think-think-think:

You know what, I'm just gonna wrap this up before I confuse myself further. I love the style, the vibrant colors, and the attention to detail. Very nice work, definitely worthy of some kudos.

Nah, I already did that joke. :sillytrucy:
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout

Waiting on Godot...

Little_Thief wrote:
Wow. Franziska von Karma in a red cocktail dress. I thought I'd never see the day.

Yup- that's Franziska :) Studio Kawaii's comic had her on the title page in a dress similar to this so I thought I'd make her the draw card for the cover :)

Quote:
This is quite a nice picture, although I have to be honest, it's not exactly what I'd expect from a comic book cover (not that that's a bad thing, mind you). I don't know, maybe it's the materials used (looks like watercolors from where I'm standing, feel free to correct me), or maybe it's the fact that it doesn't really say a lot about the story. Actually, I think it's what it doesn't say that makes me interested into checking out the comic myself, so as a cover, it does its job.

Wait, that is what I expect from a comic book cover. Why did I say that it wasn't? Is it because of the unconventional way it makes me interested in the story?

I used copic markers for this :) They can have some water colour qualities though. It's honestly a MUCH faster medium for me to use than digital, and I put ALOT more effort into it cause I'm familiar with how it mixes.

Well, the comic is an anthology so I had to be VERY generic with the cover cause there was no common theme at all ^^; All 6 artists (including myself) have a different story. The mentality here was to have all the characters in the story on the cover cause there ended up being 7 Ace Attorney characters that featured over the story. Mine has Mia and Diego, Studio Kawaii has Franziska and Lang, and the rest were mixtures of trials with Phoenix and Miles, just Miles, or 4Komas that had Phoenix and Maya lols. It was the best I could do :( Normally my covers are far more relevant. To be honest though, all the anthologies I've owned have unrelated covers. This cover is actually VERY related when you look at the content :)

As for materials, I'm getting a proof for this from my printer as we speak. The internal pages are all fine- I know that if the size and resolution of the pages are correct, then they'll look great, but colour is always an unknown. The printer will either make this look awesome, or crap. I wont know till I see it. Hmmm... how do I explain this... What you see on your screen isn't the same as how it gets printed cause your screen is likely not calibrated properly. It may not have the tonal variation it needs to display it 100% correctly, and the fact that I saved this as CYMK first doesn't help much either. In the end, even I can't display this image how it'll be printed on my screen at home properly, so I need to print it first. Images turn out darker in print. My home printer is crap, and the colours turned out nice and fun on that, so I'm hoping that Printstop's printers will get rid of the dark noise my printer dumped on it. Sorry, it's very hard to explain all of this without you seeing it in person but I assure you, being traditional medium does not stop it from looking good in print :) My last comic cover for Narcolepsy turned out great in print so I have no doubt that this will look great too. Screens render things alot sharper than it really is. Anti alias images look crap in print (images where there's a progression of grey to soften the edge), while alias edges look crap on screen. IT's all about resolution. Screens display at 72dpi, where printers print at 300dpi and with a greater colour range. This is why my comics always look 120% better in print than on screen ;)

It's also good to note which side is the front cover. This is actually a front AND back cover. The fold goes down the middle of Franziska and Lang, so Lang is on the back cover. This is also the textless version of it. The only way I could fit 7 characters on the cover without killing my hands was as a double page spread. Heh- to be honest, it doesn't make an awesome single image or as a single cover by it's self, but I didn't have the time to make it look perfect as both :( I'm already very behind on my comic. I just had to roll with what I had.

Wow though- I'm rambling... I'll stop that train of thought before I'm tl:dr

Quote:
You know what, I'm just gonna wrap this up before I confuse myself further. I love the style, the vibrant colors, and the attention to detail. Very nice work, definitely worthy of some kudos.

Thank you :) I hope this all turns out in print :) I'm pretty sure it will. The sky blue and Fran's red printed a really fun colour at home so I have high hopes for this image :) I'll be more confident about it's results though when I see it in person XD Lol.

Sorry also for neglecting the RP. I have honestly been THAT busy that I haven't been able to RP. I've cut out most of my social life to do this comic and it's still not enough *sighs* I'm tryign not to exhaust myself with this. Here's to getting this done by the end of the month :) ^^;
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Well, I've had a bit of a set back with the collaboration comic Tales of Turnabout which is a bit upsetting, so I'm printing a solo copy of my comic to sell at the convention this weekend.

I was VERY lucky that I designed a title page image for my comic that could double as a cover so I was able to throw this all together in one night and ship it off to the printer today to give them a few days to print it all *falls over and collapses* IT's been a bit of a drama working with other artists like this, but the final comic will be released in May definitely, and when that happens, that's when my last 3 months would've been all worth it :) I hope Court Records can support Tales of Turnabout cause it's been a MAMMOTH effort for me to coordinate so many people, dealing with artists pulling out, teaching people presentation with comics etc... things I take for granted that I know and just automatically do quickly cause I know it.

So yeah- I hope people like the cover. If I have copies after the con this weekend I'll see if I can do a special deal if you buy this and Tales of Turnabout together. If people are keen this is. :bellboy:

Side note- I just noticed my thread is still going after 3 years! Yay! Do I need to make a new one to be less daunting though? Or is no one commenting cause the fanart thread is really that inactive? ^^;
ImageImageImageImage

Prolific Writer

Arkillian wrote:
Side note- I just noticed my thread is still going after 3 years! Yay! Do I need to make a new one to be less daunting though? Or is no one commenting cause the fanart thread is really that inactive? ^^;

Sometimes, I wonder the same thing about the fanfiction and trials sections (well, the second possibility, anyway). :yuusaku:

Anyway, the cover looks rather spiffy. Although I can't decide if Mia's cat outfit is out of place or a perfect match for Diego's pet name for her. Perhaps a little of both, at least until I actually see how she gets into the costume in the actual story. Now that is something I'd like to see. :godot:

As for all the drama and setbacks on the project, I kinda know where you're coming from. I won't claim to be any expert on the subject, nor do I know exactly what's going on behind the scenes, but let's just say that I've had the same difficulty with collaboration projects, both fun projects online and serious projects IRL (more so the former). The key is to hang in there, and try to maintain order the best you can. However, this is coming from a guy who's not all that easily frustrated, so make of that what you will, and best of luck. :draw:
My Fanfiction
Re: Arkillian's Fanart- Comic cover- Meigo!Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

She doesn't wear it in the comic- it's meant to tease you into buying the comic ;) Beside, the title of the comic fits with it. You'll see when more pages are posted :javado: A cover of Diego and Mia would sell it, but her dressed up as a kitten is more fun, and eye catching :) Covers very rarely accurately portray what is in a comic. It's meant to draw you in. That's all :)

I'm... not going to get into my feelings with the comic till they're printed cause not having it in print has depressed me alot as an artist and a publisher. It's a project that's had a lot of emotion and time put into it. I'm not going to compare it to your experiences cause I dont' know how they match up and I'm not going to swap notes. All the artists that made a comic (finished or not) for this project have worked VERY hard on their comics, and I'm not going to insult their efforts by venting about my side of the deal. Besides, I'll all be history when the comic is in print :D If it sell well >.> *buy ToT guys!*

I could've done alot of things better on this project, but I was learning how to project manage. IT's not as easy as it looks organising 7 artists XD I've learnt alot from the experience :)
ImageImageImageImage

Prolific Writer

Arkillian wrote:
I'm... not going to get into my feelings with the comic till they're printed cause not having it in print has depressed me alot as an artist and a publisher. It's a project that's had a lot of emotion and time put into it. I'm not going to compare it to your experiences cause I dont' know how they match up and I'm not going to swap notes. All the artists that made a comic (finished or not) for this project have worked VERY hard on their comics, and I'm not going to insult their efforts by venting about my side of the deal. Besides, I'll all be history when the comic is in print :D If it sell well >.> *buy ToT guys!*

I could've done alot of things better on this project, but I was learning how to project manage. IT's not as easy as it looks organising 7 artists XD I've learnt alot from the experience :)

Understandable. I was just putting that fact out there as a bit of a pick-me-up more than anything else. But it looks like you already have a handle on things, so I'm not sure if it was needed. :bellboy:
My Fanfiction

Waiting on Godot...

It's cool :) I've just been a bit sleep deprived lately cause it's con season for me ^^; I've been to 2 large conventions this month (A Scouting convention called Windback Moot, and Hamilton Armageddon), and I have another in 4 days time (Wellington Armageddon- this is the con I'm exhibiting at. It's the second largest con in NZ cause it's in the capitol.). I've sent the comic over to be printed now though so theoretically I should be able to start catching back up on sleep :3
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Question- do people want me to post my comic here, or just link off site to an online version of it as it posts?

Side note, Curiosity Killed the Kitten is available to purchase right now for $8.50 NZD ($5 for the comic + postage and paypal fees) which is about $7USD at the moment. If you only want to purchase my comic and not Tales of turnabout as a collective, you can have it on it's way to you- it takes 6 - 10 workiing days after I post it.

A teaser of the comic in print. The pages look REALLY awesome in print!

Details of comic:-
Size- A5 (148 x 210mm)
Pages- 13 pages of comic, black and white.

I take Paypal as payment with the email arkillian(at)gmail(dot)com. Please pay in New Zealand dollar as the exchange rate fluctuates too much right now- the $7 is only an estimate on today's exchange rate. I'll see if I can slip a little photo sized print for international sales of this comic as a thank you for purchasing. Please be sure to tell me your CR user name, REAL name, and address when you pay so I know where I'm sending stuff :D

Please note- Tales of Turnabout will have all 13 of the pages of this comic in it when it's in print later this month so if you wish to hold out till then, it's cool.
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

*clears the cobwebs*

So, I know that everyone is ignoring my thread but I'll pretend that I still have an audience somewhere.

Tales of Turnhabout is going in for print very soon, so if you're interested, give me a buzz. I'm just waiting on 2 VERY late artists to hand in comic.

In other news, I'm still drawing- just my art is all comic work for Curiosity killed the kitten. IF people ARE actually reading this, tell me, and I'll post links to pages here. Otherwise, here's my other non PW art here:-

A picture for a friend of mine of her OC Jarrick Moroney in Victorian Dandy. Nuff said.

Green Lantern's light- Head crop
A crop of a larger image I'm working of, of Kyle Rayner, my favourite Green Lantern. It's a re do of an old 8 year old picture of mine in coloured pencil. the layout and pose will be the same, but I'm modifying everything else cause frankly, my art has improved alot since this picture :) Getting some great use out of my electric sharpener and eraser with this! :D Oh boy, are they awesome ^^ *is giddy*

So yeah. Still alive even if no one else is >.> Well... in my thread anyways.
ImageImageImageImage

Prolific Writer

Arkillian wrote:
So, I know that everyone is ignoring my thread but I'll pretend that I still have an audience somewhere.

I'll be your audience! :edgy:

These pieces look rather spiffy. I especially like the shading on the Green Lantern one. It actually looks like something official, and not fan-made (at least, from where I'm sitting). That is quite impressive.

I hope that wasn't a faux pas. I remember you saying something about artists being proud of creating their own styles. :oops:

On another note, I'm personally interested in what ideas you came up with for the comic, and I figure a bit of promotion wouldn't hurt. But ultimately, the decision is yours.
My Fanfiction

Waiting on Godot...

Quote:
These pieces look rather spiffy. I especially like the shading on the Green Lantern one. It actually looks like something official, and not fan-made (at least, from where I'm sitting). That is quite impressive.

Thanks :) I guess my art leans better towards other fandom than it does with Phoenix Wright XD It's more familiar to see a DC character like this drawn in a more realistic fashion than it is for Phoenix. Heh. Thank you :)

Quote:
I hope that wasn't a faux pas. I remember you saying something about artists being proud of creating their own styles. :oops:

Have I been grouchy about this? Sorry ^^; I'm trying not to force my opinion too much. There's nothing wrong with liking art, or saying it feels official and stuff so dont' panic :) My concerns are with how an artist sees their own art. I don't care if people don't like that I draw PW art in a non eastern format :) I've been down that road, and this way is FAR better- trust me. Having two styles doesn't happen without straining the brain.

Quote:
On another note, I'm personally interested in what ideas you came up with for the comic, and I figure a bit of promotion wouldn't hurt. But ultimately, the decision is yours.

Tales of Turnabout? It has a group on Deviantart if you're the only one that's interested. I have 9 page of my comic posted there and it's well received so far :) I'm just waiting on 2 artists to finish their comic and it'll be in print ^^ Told them that they have till the 31st to do it. After that, I throw it together and boot it out the door with their comics or without, so it will be available next month :) The cover looks awesome in print though ^^ The entries look really awesome so it's well worth the purchase :) There's a great range of romance, comedy, courtcases etc... I hope it sells well. I think it'll be well worth the purchase :)

And thanks TuT I guess that even if my audience is 1 then that's ok. I miss the old days when this thread was teeming with life. It'll all come back when Capcom finally localise their games again. ^^;
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Well, there's an unsurprising lack of activity in the fanart section here, but apparently I have one person that follows me so for Little thief I will continue to make updates.

I've been getting back into the fandom I was into before Phoenix Wright after taking a break from it for 6 years out of a rage quit when they screwed over my favourite character in the DC universe- Kyle Rayner, aka Green Lantern (Not the movie one)

Anyway, doing the big catch up thing, and I've been learning what I've missed out on so I'm still 'green' (lol) but I'm piecing everything together bit by bit as I read more. Here's the art I've got:-

Green Lantern's light- this is the final version of the bust shot above. I have NO IDEA how long this took me to make, but it was TOTALLY worth the effort. It was a full on effort just like the original version of it was. If you want a side by side comparison to this and the original of it from 8 years ago, here's the link to the Improvement meme :)

Rock Band- Green Lantern night. Obligatory Singstar / Rockband picture to uplift my spirits this week cause I was totally down in the dumps. I needed a happy picture to brighten my mood- It helped alot :) GLs are (L-R):- Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner (top), Hal Jordan (bottom), John Stewart.

Chasing Starlight- Reading up about a girlfriend Kyle had that I missed with my rage quit, Soranik (red skinned girl), I found that Kyle still had feelings for his previous girlfriend- strong ones. Stronger ones for her, than Soranik, and it got me wondering if DC were going to get them back together, or have Soranik and him have drama, but work it out. Next month issue 0 is coming out which may clear up my questions. In celebration, I drew Kyle and all his girlfriends in sort of a harem fashion. L-R (Girls only):- Soranik, Jenny Lee Hayden aka Jade (top), Donna Troy aka Troia (bottom), Alexandra De Witt.

That's all for now. Please feel free to comment. I like to know that someone is out there looking. Even if you think it wont mean much, it does :)
ImageImageImageImage

Just another day.

Arkillian wrote:
Well, there's an unsurprising lack of activity in the fanart section here, but apparently I have one person that follows me

:godot:
Arkillian wrote:
so for Little thief I will continue to make updates.

:udgy: (snaps fingers)

anyways ill be the first to admit i never really got into green lantern that much (ill be fair and say I haven't read much of the green lantern comics or other things related to the series) buuuuuut...
as always you continue to impress me with your work I especially like the glow that comes off the third pic.

well nice seeing you and your work again and as always i too hope activity returns to the forums...ow and your artwork :D

Waiting on Godot...

Cold52 wrote:
Arkillian wrote:
Well, there's an unsurprising lack of activity in the fanart section here, but apparently I have one person that follows me

:godot:
Arkillian wrote:
so for Little thief I will continue to make updates.

:udgy: (snaps fingers)

anyways ill be the first to admit i never really got into green lantern that much (ill be fair and say I haven't read much of the green lantern comics or other things related to the series) buuuuuut...
as always you continue to impress me with your work I especially like the glow that comes off the third pic.

well nice seeing you and your work again and as always i too hope activity returns to the forums...ow and your artwork :D

I'll make that two then :)

Kyle isn't one of the famous Green Lanterns so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know alot about him. DC only make movies on Hal Jordan's back story (It's interesting, but I've seen it redone so many times I could barf) and tv shows with John Stewart in them. I think even Alan Scott the GL that had the least publicity is more well known now now that he's come out as gay >.> Kyle's back story doesn't lean as well to cinema since his first intro to being a hero was his girlfriend being jammed into a fridge. It was so shocking at the time, it made a new trope. He was an average city guy who was a freelance artist though which made me interested (being an artist also :) ), and his back story was the 'crackerjack box prize', where he was given the ring and told 'You will have to do' XD Best back story :3

Anyways....

Thanks :) I'm trying to get into digital colour. It's SO hard though T.T I need all the encouragement I can get XD
ImageImageImageImage

Prolific Writer

I'll fully admit that I don't really follow comic books all that much, but these Green Lantern pics a very nice. I especially like the Green Lantern Rockband photo. It's a very clever concept.

And yes, I know enough about comics to know that there was more than one Green Lantern and to know that the concept of the four Green Lanterns from Earth joining forces in Rockband is clever. I, really sound like I'm contradicting myself. Seems to be a pattern for me. :sillytrucy:
My Fanfiction

Waiting on Godot...

Sorry about the late reply- again, this has been a severely draining month for me due to my mother contracting a bacterial infection that sent her to hospital, business, and general not goodness in my life right now. I've been very uninspired this whole month and have fought to keep atleast my art going while all this bad stuff is happening T.T

Thanks, Little Thief :) It's ok that you don't follow it. I like to hope that my art is stronger than just fandom ties, that anyone can enjoy it on some level :grossburg: I drew the rockband one to cheer myself up while my mother was in hospital. IT was a really good pick me up and I needed it. I don't normally ink out a picture that I have no intentions on giving full effort to, but I'm glad I did with this one :)

Thank you for your comments!
ImageImageImageImage

Waiting on Godot...

Only got two sketches to post, but it's activity. More Green Lantern stuff.

Image Image

These two sketches are drafts for a greater picture I've called "My heart's a Stereo", title taken from the Gym Class Heroes song "Stereo Heart".

The idea for this came from a site called TV Tropes, where I was looking up some info on a trope started by one of the GLs, and it described the four earth green lanterns with the trope 'Four temperaments assemble!'- the four temperaments being Sanguine, choleric, meloncholic, and phlegmatic. I happen to be a big fan of the four temperaments and thought this was great so I decided to draw a picture on it.

Adding a music theme to each picture to add a bit of fun, I'm making an A4 picture of each of the Earth GLs themed on music that was created when they started being a Green Lantern that fit their 'temperament'.

The two above are:-

Kyle Rayner (first or left)- Meloncholic / Smashing Pumpkins, Melon Collie and the infinite sadness (I put painting in there also as he's an artist.

Guy Gardner (second or right)- Choleric / Queen (Freddie Mercury specifically)

Still have two more to go- Hal Jordan (Sanguine), and John Stewart (Phlegmatic). These two will be inverted below these two images to form a 2 x 2 image

Feel free to comment! I like getting feed back :)
ImageImageImageImage

Prolific Writer

Honestly, I feel that the concepts behind the sketches are just as compelling as the sketches themselves. It's very creative.

The sketches themselves look quite beautiful. Although since I don't really follow the Green Lantern series, I'm not sure why they would be portrayed in color schemes other than green, unless they're reflecting the bands instead of themselves. I hope that made sense. Either way, nice work. :butzthumbs:
My Fanfiction

Waiting on Godot...

The colours are based on the elements to do with the temperaments. Meloncholy is earth so I chose green, and Choleric is fire so I chose red. Sanguine is air (Which is Hal's which is interesting since he's a test pilot) so his will be light blue or something like that, and Phlegmatic is water so that'll be a darker blue. Sorry- there's actually alot of elements involved here XD I forgot to mention them all ^^;

And thank you :) My green Lantern fan friends are keen to see how these turn out, and so am I :) Hal and John's panels are proving to be hard though so I'll see if I can make them strong >.< Hal's band is particularly hard to chose. I thought I had a good one, but I'm not sure it's suitable. The early 60s didn't have many bands with tropes in it I can pay homage to >.>
ImageImageImageImage

The world ends with you

It is a true miracle, breath-taking. Great and beautiful art. I even don't want to ask, but I will. Can I ask you do for me one art? If you don't want to, I don't mind. I just don't know where to find an artist for ARTS, not sprites. Keep up your work.

Waiting on Godot...

Thank you :) It's great to see that My thread is still looked at here :)

I'm pretty busy right now. I can't guaranty anything cause of that and I wouldn't want to disappoint you by taking ages to follow through :( I have been recovering from chronic fatigue for a few years now and I have highs and lows of energy some times. I've recently been through a heap of low patches due to stress.

Have you tried the requests forum thread? Someone there might draw it for you if it's interesting. Otherwise, perhaps find someone that could commission it for you. IT's probably a better option to do if you want something that looks really nice :) I'm currently not open for commissions cause I have a gift list that's WAY too long. I dont' wish to add to that list till I clear it which may take a while. I hope you have luck finding someone that can draw it for you though ^^ And thanks for dropping by with some love :)
ImageImageImageImage

The world ends with you

Okay, thanks for advice anyway:)
Page 20 of 20 [ 797 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart