Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 1[ 26 posts ]

Fan artTopic%20Title

I was hoping to have more Gyakuten related fan art. Anyways, this is all I have so far.

Yeah, I hope they turn out to be a pair.

Somebody like Reiji should end up with a girl like her. Unlike other anime girls, she actually wears shorts underneath her skirt. Not some mass-production, automatic fan-service when they trip/run/jump, anime female. And another good thing is that she isn't head over heels over him at first sight or something like that[which is what some of the other female characters were guilty of, like that girl who licks her ring lolipop, or Oldbag[for humor though.] I think their personalities mesh well together, she has a warmer personality which is what he needs I believe. I hope she falls in love with him in the next few years. It would be awesome I believe. She has a good personality and is modest.

And I say that, because I think Edgeworth has taken some kind of liking to her already based on how he was treating her and how he was thinking "our fates must be intertwined." While I don't see any interest from her until the end when the judge hinted that the prosecutor went and teamed up with a thief to become investigators.

Yes, that's why I believe Edgeworth was lenient with her, he has some kind of latent liking towards her. Maybe she is his type of girl? And the reason he tolerates her every mentioning of "thievery" is even answered by him at some point when he is thinking "I know she is just jesting"<it was something like that>. Which pretty much showed that he seemed to know she was just joking just to say something.

Although, I will say, story-wise, she is lacking a sad sprite and a surprised sprite, which I made in that image above. Although, she does have that sprite where she looks like she has tears in her eyes while she looks up at the sky. Although its probably her trying to keep her promise about not crying that was written in that book.

:edgeworth: x :keylady:

I definitely hope it happens.

EDIT: Putting the other fan arts here.

Digital ink Egdeworth and Kay.
Spoiler:

Latest fan art, although not up to snuff!
Spoiler:

:edgeworth: OBJECTION!

Last edited by Primal on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Fan artTopic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Hrrmm- in fear of this becoming a pairing debate thread I wont comment on your choice of pairing cause I'm not a Maya x Phoenix fan for the same reasons as I don't like these two as a couple, but you seem to have picked up a nice version of the style. I like blushie Kay :)
ImageImageImageImage

Till the landslide brought me down...

I love Kay's expressions and poses. Well done :)
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

e × e = e²

Hairdown!Kay is scary D:
ImageImageImageImageImage

What the Devil is going on here?

Very Nice,Your very good at the eyes!
~

Arkillian: Thanks, I think they should put a blushing Kay in the Next Gyakuten Kenji game, hopefully it takes place a year or two after the last game at most.

SnowWright: Thank you! They should have really added a few more expressions for Kay to get her character across better.

MoronSonofBoron: Lol, she does look kind of nuts in that paticular image. That odd look on her face seems funny.

Essa_L_M.E: Thanks, trying to get a good style for the eyes took a while.

Anyways, even though I don't have any other Gyakuten type fan art <at the moment> here is fan art from other games that I've done.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... meLynx.png

http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... okemon.png

You'll never guess what games they're for<Okay, you definately will for the link above.>

Those are some lovely Kay drawings :)

Leesers: Thanks, Kay is such a neat character and I liked the interactions between her and Edgeworth. After I finished playing this game, I wanted to make fanart for it.

I wish I had done that other fan art of K and E thats still in my head, although I was busy with making other art. I won't see my scanner for quite a while.

Anyways, here is some OC fanart for another game I played a few months ago.

http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... NITRIS.png

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... 5-ANAT.png

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

Gotta love Kay here! She's very cute :)
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

I here by sentence you to an ass-whoopin

Nicely done :D
Come to the darkside, we have cookies :D

Addikt: Thanks! I hope she's Edgeworth/Mitsurugis sidekick again in the next Gyakuten Kenji game. Their interaction entertained me.

Vanilla: Thank you! Edgeworth x Kay is awesome, I just had to draw fan art! There was no other way.

I don't have any quiet place where I am where I could draw a fan comic or something. :O Which I've been trying to do but I usually have only time for a single drawing or only this super old tablet <circa 2004> is available. Anyways, I had time to digitally ink part of the drawing.

Oh yeah some other random drawings.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... X/lady.png

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... dyyyyy.png

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... /femee.png

I prefer drawing this kind of stuff though.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... allife.png

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... ONISTS.png

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... GONIST.png

Frank Davis

Nice job with Kay eyes. I also like it.

Thanks, I hope there is another Gyakuten Kenji game in the future, or at least some of the characters from that game appear in a future Gyakuten game. :O

In other news, this is my own game idea. It will use a fighting system that's unlike any used for these kind of games. It was done with a mouse, painfully.
Spoiler:

It's basically a game where you can make an animal with almost any kind of appearance and so there will be lots of variety when going against others. Instead of how it is like in other games, where the same handful of types will always see use in the metagame. >= I Usually because they are superior to any other robots/animals/characters in a game.

Waiting on Godot...

Looks like Spore- is that the game you mean? :)
ImageImageImageImage

I heard of spore, but I don't know if they have any kind of fighting engine, only an animal editor. Although in that aspect, it is similar to my idea. Although my in game editor should allow for even humanoid types.<I don't know what kind of range spore has for its editor program.

Ugh! Why am I so low on art power!!! I must have used up most of it drawing other things earlier, and barely had any left. X{ I've been wanting to draw fan art of them for a while, and I finally do, although its not anywhere near the level of the previous fan arts I think.

Waiting on Godot...

Come back to it latter. You'll find it's just because you're feeling a bit bummed and stuff. It happens when you take a break from art and come back to it. You'll probably find once you have a clearer mind that it isn't so bad.

Sleep helps too.
ImageImageImageImage

Yeah thanks. That does make sense, although today was probably my chance to draw the fan art. Who knows when I'll have another chance at it! Agh! :edgeworth: Seeing this emoticon makes me realize I got Edgeworth's hair wrong in that latest art, probably the same with Kay's hair. Ugh.

Waiting on Godot...

Don't panic over it. Seriously. Art is fun. If you're not making money off it then you're seriously putting too much weight on it. Just do what ever feels right. Not how CAPCOM do it. Besides, he's running. It'll mess up his hair anyways.
ImageImageImageImage

I do plan to be a professional artist someday, so I have to study the limits of my ability to draw. :udgy: I wasn't exactly panicky, I just like to get creative with my sentences to show disapproval at my situation.

Anyways! Here is what I managed to make when I had a few spare hours before that.
Spoiler:

In comparison, it looks like I ran out of fuel when I made that GK fanart. I guess I put the most effort into my own original ideas because it might benefit my future in some way. I still want to be able to make GK fan art at that level, or at least 25% of that level. Speaking of which, hows that original art? I'm trying to get to at least to a professional level.

Waiting on Godot...

Primal wrote:
Speaking of which, hows that original art? I'm trying to get to at least to a professional level.

Depends on if you mean professional as in taking commissions off the internet or professional as in designing characters for CAPCOM or something corporate. If you're talking internet sales, you could get yourself a bandwagon if your OCs belonged to something- a story or comic or something, but to do art as a career, you have a bit to go- sorry to say that. It's actually alot more difficult than people give it credit for to truely go professional with art. You need to be VERY polished, good at colour choice, appeal to the people that are spending money, be able to draw a broad spectrum of things, and have a firm understanding of the human anatomy and how to move it in ways that is interesting to the eye. I'm not fighting to do art professionally, but I'd like to get my art there. I know that I am WAY off being that level cause of alot of reasons. Mostly my lack of background practise, my poses aren't dynamic enough, my colour choice isn't consistently good, and I just lack the ability to just draw other people's characters at the drop of a hat. I need to be inspired still.

Don't aspire to be professional, I say. Just inspire to be the best you can be, note your weaknesses, and strive to improve them. Eventually, it'll happen :)
ImageImageImageImage

Oh I see, it's for a story/webcomic or graphic novel/something that I'm working on. Here are some horribly random notes if your interested in seeing a preview of what it might be. http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... /PrimalX5/

Here was my initial attempt at trying to color this other thing at the professional level, yet I'm not sure if it seems right.

Spoiler:

I have an associates in fine arts, but maybe I should have pursued something that wasn't strictly in a traditional medium, maybe something that actually had a class that showed you how to use Photoshop. I only have rudimentary knowledge of that program, as I mostly use free programs like Paint.Net and Gimp, which I'm not sure if they lack something Photoshop has.

And when I get to that uber level, I'm so going to make very epic fan art of Edgeworth and Kay!

Waiting on Godot...

Primal wrote:
Oh I see, it's for a story/webcomic or graphic novel/something that I'm working on. Here are some horribly random notes if your interested in seeing a preview of what it might be. http://s841.photobucket.com/albums/zz33 ... /PrimalX5/

Here was my initial attempt at trying to color this other thing at the professional level, yet I'm not sure if it seems right.

Spoiler:

I have an associates in fine arts, but maybe I should have pursued something that wasn't strictly in a traditional medium, maybe something that actually had a class that showed you how to use Photoshop. I only have rudimentary knowledge of that program, as I mostly use free programs like Paint.Net and Gimp, which I'm not sure if they lack something Photoshop has.

And when I get to that uber level, I'm so going to make very epic fan art of Edgeworth and Kay!

You keep calling it professional, but I'm not sure what your definition of professional IS. There are ALOT of artists out there with worse art than me making money off it simply cause they get their A into G about it and advertise themselves. Does that make me professional automatically? No. Professional just means that you sell art for a living and people buy it.

Now, the real question is what you want out of art? If you're only posting it online and don't expect to make money off it, but just get your story known, what you want is a quirky story, characters people can relate to, and to host the comic on a site where people will get to see it. Medium doesn't matter so much, but I think you're going to want to learn about inking and screen tone cause you look like you're going to want to go in that direction. My advice is to go look up some popular comics done in a style you like and see how they do it. Most seem to do strips in black and white with the 20th comic or 1 comic in a large number in colour. This is cause it's easier to do for some, but also, if it's printed, it's cheaper to print. Black and white costs the price of the paper it's on and 1 layer of ink. Colour costs the paper + 4 layers of ink (Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black). Also, colour is difficult to set up. It seems popular to do gag lengths strips, although some people seem to pump out the effort of a full page. IT's better a page that is well worked on than a half effort.

Um... I don't know what stage the pages you linked are, so it's a bit hard to give much advice. This book has alot of great advice about drawing comics like you find in a comic store, but this is unusual for me to say, but a how to draw manga book on paneling MAY actually be more usefull to you since the style applies better, and manga is more dynamic than Western styles.

Anyways, start looking for some styles you like. A favourite of mine may interest you- Dominic Deegan- Oracle for Hire has a pencil layout, it's pretty dynamic, VERY popular, and has a pseudo manga look to it. IT's also an action/fantasy/vaguely romantic series.

Besides that, I wouldn't worry about being a professional at all. Looks like you just want to make a web comic people will read. All you need for that is strong characters, advertising, and hosting it on the correct sites :)

</spam>
ImageImageImageImage

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

I've been waiting for EdgeKay art for so damn long. You're now my hero.

...D'aaaaawww...

Erol Brisbane in The Contempt of Court, a fangame by Cardy. Play Turnabout Scapegoat now or SUFFER BRISBANE'S WRATH!

Arkillian: Thanks for the suggestions, and funnily enough, I have a book about the comic methods, except it's about writing instead of drawing them, lol.

By professional level, I mean those arts that are full of shadings that make it look great and don't seem "poorly made". Although, sometimes I also mean those 2D arts that seem to be 3D due to the amazing illusion of lighting. Sometimes, I wish I was at that level of art power! Although I should appreciate what I have in terms of art power.

Anyways, that Deegan comic is funny, although seems kind of bloody. 0 x0 lol

The Wrightway: You're welcome!

___

Anyways, did you guys here? Didn't you? A new game is in the works! Gyakuten Saiban 2!!! I can't stop using smilies!!!!!!! :edgy:
Page 1 of 1 [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart