Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

My first attempt at fanart. xDTopic%20Title

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

So yeah.
This was supposed to be my Crossover Contest entry, but alas, High school got the better of me and my time.
Spoiler:

It's barely even half-done. Comments? Suggestions? :shoe:

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!
Re: My first attempt at fanart. xDTopic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

Well, I like Phoenix and Sissel at the front. Donno who the guy in the middle is- Mr CAPCOM or something? I like that you have info behind the two of them, but the layout you've chosen is a mirror one. With this layout, the left reflects the right in location and pose, but not the characters- they're usually of a similar size to the opposite side though. What happens is that it suggests similarity to the viewer, a story that interests the viewer into learning more about it. It can be strong and symbolic if done right. The pose doesn't have to be perfectly exact, but the closer the better. For example, they use it here to show the similarities between Layton and Phoenix. Notice how Layton is shorter than Phoenix but his hat makes up for the height difference and how Maya crouches down to match Luke's height?

It's not an easy layout to accomplish, so perhaps you should take some elements out and make each object / person have more or less say as a presence rather than as a collage. Your dude in the foreground, if he's the maker, I'd put him ominous in the background like he's a god pulling the strings (For example, this was meant to be intimadating, but a non intimadating version of this is what I mean), mabe have Lynne and Maya running towards the viewer with their legs almost touching, Maybe Kamila and Pearls doing something cute in the background with Missile x2. In the background have the magatama all ominous and chains with the clock on the otherside and spirit Sissel and the cat roaming about. This is how I'd lay it out though. Any way works as long as it has an aesthetic. I think this is where you were going with it. You have alot of concepts on the page fighting for attention, and Only Phoenix and Sissel stand out cause they're the only ones changed in size for perspective.

I hope this helped!
ImageImageImageImage
Re: My first attempt at fanart. xDTopic%20Title

Fancy a cuppa?

Really cool! Love it!
^Click for link!
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart