Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart

Page 1 of 1[ 10 posts ]

ravensep's fanart (Childhood Phoenix and Miles)Topic%20Title

yeah ummm, you guys do not really no me because I registered to steal uhh I mean look at fan-made sprites 8D

I wanted to get some attention show this fan-art I made, So here it is :D

Spoiler: fanart about Phoenix and Miles's childhood (no homo)
Its bad :sadshoe: , i might redo the whole thing later :keiko: .Link=http://ravensep.deviantart.com/#/d4kvzom
Re: ravensep's fanart (Childhood Phoenix and Miles)Topic%20Title

Waiting on Godot...

I could give some pointers on it, but it is a sweet picture.
ImageImageImageImage

Gettin' Old!

It's quite nice but the faces are rather odd.

While they are good, they look like adult faces on child bodies. I don't think young Phoenix's hair spiked back yet, think it simply spiked up plus the features seem somewhat mature, like they don't belong to children.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Waiting on Godot...

I was actually going to hold back on critique till they asked for it but yes. There is an adult's head on a child's body syndrome.
ImageImageImageImage

Gettin' Old!

Arkillian wrote:
I was actually going to hold back on critique till they asked for it but yes. There is an adult's head on a child's body syndrome.

Aww man feel bad now.

Also is there a little copyright symbol up in the top right hand corner?
I don't think you can put that there and when using copyrighted characters.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Waiting on Godot...

Pierre wrote:
Also is there a little copyright symbol up in the top right hand corner?
I don't think you can put that there and when using copyrighted characters.

Pierre- It's common for new artists to not understand copyrights, and get all panicked about people stealing art, saying it's their own. You spend hours doing a picture- you don't want someone else to say it's their own hard work. Alot of new artists do this to their art even though it's not correct.

Ravensep- I see what you're trying to do with the copyright logo. You're worried someone might steal it, right? And others do this, right? Let me explain rights to art here as best as I can and how I understand it.

• Under Creative commons, no one is legally allowed to take your artwork and sell it without changing a significant proportion of the art. There are a few conditions with Creative commons where you can use the art for things, but essentially, the law has a blanket protection for images on the internet. I don't fully understand Creative commons but if someone takes your art and says it is yours, you have the right to tell them to take it down cause it's not. This is automatic. No need for a copyright logo. You should put your name on the image though. Makes life simpler. Most people are just reblogging art on the net so the likelihood of theft for fanart is actually VERY low. IT happens though and the fandom fights it when it does.
  • You do not own Phoenix or Miles. Capcom actually paid money to say that they own these characters. You can parody them for profit, but theoretically, fancomics and selling fanart is illegal. I dare say that Capcom don't care though cause it feeds their market and makes their games popular. This is to say if you COULD put a copyright logo on something, this is not the image. Capcom can't replicate your art without your permission but they can ask you to take it down as they own the right to the characters being portrayed.

Now the big issue- theft. Copyright logos don't stop theft. Some thieves are real lazy and make a rectangle of colour to cover signatures which are obviously a different colour. In this case it'll be less obvious cause the background doesn't vary in colour much. They do this in hope that the viewer doesn't care enough to find the owner. To make it less appealing to steal, you can put a watermark on the image (which is ugly and on an image that doesn't have complex rendering it's easy to remove anyway), you can incorporate a signature into the image that is hard to spot (this is what most pro artists do), or you can just post a low resolution low quality image which will look really crap in print cause frankly, stopping theft is REALLY hard. You should be more worried about people printing your image than stealing it cause thieves get caught eventually. You don't want them to make money off you though.

I hope this clarifies a few things for everyone reading this.
ImageImageImageImage

thank you Arkillian and Pierre, My sister said the same thing about the heads XD

I forgot to write that Phoenix wright and Miles Edgeworth belongs to Capcom, thank you again for reminding.

Also about the logo, umm....how to say...I wanted to put it for a totally different purpose because well...lets just say I am debating with myself whether I should continue drawing life or not because its been said to be forbidden in my religion...I guess because since he is the creator and all so ill just say its all yours so don't kill me...

I AMMM SORRRYYYYYYY :larry: *runs away*

Waiting on Godot...

Drawing is forbidden in your religion? What religion is this? I've never heard of a religion that bans art O.o

I don't think you should be deterred from drawing at all. We all start out somewhere. Getting critique on how to improve your drawing is a great idea, but it's not entirely useful till you want it. The idea with critique is that you use it when you've gotten to a point where you're consistently doing something wrong, or if you want to improve one picture or something. With the stage you're at you're best to leave critique unless you don't know where to go with art at all.

Please don't be upset by it though. Your first picture is not a judge of how all your art will be if you push to improve your art. We all start off somewhere :)

Having older heads isn't too difficult to fix. They're older looking cause they have angles and straight lines. If you round the edges of their faces off, they'll look younger. The attitude can also youthen them also, like having a big doofy grin :) The expressions they have right now are the ones they have as an adult. Don't worry though- it's all part of the process of learning to draw. I went through a period when all my guys looked in their 30s even though they were teenagers XD
ImageImageImageImage

Gettin' Old!

Plus I think the Adult heads actually look good XD Just on the wrong bodies.
Picture looks really good to me almost handpainted except I hardly think anyone does handpainted fanart these days.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Waiting on Godot...

Not hardly anyone. Just a small percentage in comparison to the amount that does digital only art. Most fanart is digital cause there's a large miss-conception that traditional art is hard / expensive. I think you'll find fanart in most traditional mediums out there for Ace Attorney. I'm struggling to think of one. Maybe oil paints.There's not much oil painted fanart of anything though. Plenty of craft though.
ImageImageImageImage
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Fanart