Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

And then...Topic%20Title

I decided to cosplay as Manziska von Karma. It will be a perfect display of crossdressing & metrosexuality! :franny:

So yeah, should I buy a costume or make one? (I would think buy one, and then see if I can get alterations done. Since the only one I've found is a medium in women. Not sure if that'll fit and I'm not about to waste $85 on something I'm gonna regret. (Hardy har har.))

Also, wig. Any idea where to find one or just buy a generic one and dye it? :yuusaku:
Re: And then...Topic%20Title

I'm not sure where you can buy something that resembles Franziska's getup. It's not as if big poofy sleeves are in fashion anymore. If you want a good fit and accuracy, you may want to consider making it yourself, but that depends on your sewing ability.

Wig dying is a tricky business. It's not too difficult to find a good Franziska wig online. Cosworx probably has one I bet. I like to order mine off of Ebay. The sellers professionalonly and cosplaywig provide good cosplay wigs. Good luck with Manziska!

~Darker than a moonless night

Sounds like you're gonna need to get a commission for it. Give em your sizes n stuff and they'll make it for ya. Thats what I had to do for my Tres Bien dress~

Yeah, it's going to be hard/near impossible to find the poofy sleeves. You see them on women's short sleeved shirts sometimes, but that's not what you're looking for. You probably only need to commission the white shirt, though, 'cause black vest and skirt aren't too impossible to find. Though it might just be easier to ask them to make the vest for you.

For the wig, I got a white one and colored it with silver sharpie. Worked perfectly. :franny:

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll try to find someone to commission, and I'll check out cosplay sites for the wig.

As for the outfit, I'd found one on eBay for $85, though now that I look at it, the sleeves don't look all that puffy. :udgy:

http://www.cosworx.com/home.php?cat=244 ... n=0&page=1

Which one? I was thinking either Eve, Bob, or Angie N in Light Blue.

And for the heels, I was thinking of these: http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?prod ... 417&page=2

Unless I can find a better match, of course. Since these aren't even the right color.

Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Franziska is wearing a vest. That whole puffy-sleeve-green/black-blouse-thing seems to be a single piece with the sleeves attached to the torso portion. There doesn't seem to be much room for armholes, especially for the puffy shoulder areas, so I've always thought the outfit was a single top and a skirt.

I kind of like Bob the best. It's got some good long bangs too so it should look better swept to the side.

And finally, you probably don't want to go with that $85 Ebay costume. The presentation of it is horrible laid out flat like that, and I kind of don't like the blue "button" crystals. And of course, no guarantee of size, especially for a man. Still, it's a good Plan B.

If its female clothes for a male, you're best making it, or sewing two peices together well.~

The wig? Cosworx.
Even though it might seem a little wierd, but wisp on page two is good for the bangs, but only if you can cut and style at the bottom well.
I myself got a non-bangs Secret in light blue and it came out really well.~
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1497913/
See.~ x3

Other than that. Once its finished. I DEMAND PICTURES. xDDD
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay