Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 6[ 225 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Making a Godot Costume, need adviceTopic%20Title

Okay, I'm preparing a Godot costume for general purposes (and just in case a convention happens to make its way to Oregon). I've so far assembled most of the basic components:

- The green shirt - was ridiculously easy to find this and it only cost ~$10
- The white tie - Found it at the same time as the shirt.
- The vest - Mom's going to make it for me. I've got a vest but it has the wrong pattern on the front
- Pants, shoes, etc. - Those are fine.

What I still need:

- A coffee cup. Gotta be plain white, or else I'll go to CafePress and make a "bitter currents of fate" cup.
- The hair. Anybody know where to find a wig that can be styled like Godot's hair?
- The visor!

The hair is mainly going to be down to pure luck - I could try and find a long blonde wig, bleach and trim it until it's the right color and length, and then gel the crap out of it until it matches the shape.

The visor, though, is where the real hard part is. I don't know where to begin. One idea I had is to get some cardboard scraps, glue them on top of each other in layers, paint them with shiny paint, and add red cellophane. My idea also calls for an adjustable elastic band, like you'd find on swim goggles. This would be worn under the wig, so the wig would hide the band.

But does anybody have better advice on what to do for the visor? I do have the fanbook artwork pages handy, so that I have plenty of references available if I need to make it myself (and most likely I will).
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."
Re: Making a Godot Costume, need adviceTopic%20Title

~Darker than a moonless night

On the visor, one of the godots i saw at sakuracon had used skiing goggles and had built the visor out of something (cardboard maybe?) on top of it. I couldnt tell they were skiing goggles until i got up close and looked. Not sure if this helps any

I'll have to see if I can find any good skiing googles. Seems like they would make for a better lens than cellophane.
"Overall, I give it an eight out of ten, but only because it was made in China, and I am terrified of their government."

DONT USE SKIING GOGGLES PLEASE.
they look like crap and will come out all wrong.

i used wonderflex, a red stage light cover, foam board and elastic. along with model silver paint. (it takes photos like real metal)

the stage light covers are more durable than cellophane and looks better, and buy elastic from a fabric store. me and my GF paid $.79 a yard.

Wow, thanks for the advice, sarthran! I'll make a note of that - I'm going shopping for parts this weekend, hopefully.

Then we'll see the real you.

As for a wig, I suggest:

http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_l_spikey.html

You can probably style it a bit more like Godot's, but I'd say that's pretty damn close. Keep in mind you don't want it uber large (as some people accidently do-- keep it slightly realistic and proportional to your head.

The 613 A colour looks very appropriate.

Make sure you make the visor 3D, as in don't make it just a sheet of whatever in front of your face-- give it depth (or an edge), rise it up a bit, and mould the frame to the contour of your face.
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes,
so that we can find the way back to our path towards a brighter future."

$18 for a wig? Hmm, not too bad...I'll be waiting for my next paycheck before I do that, though.

for the record, wonderflex is a low melting point plastic. so when you heat gun it. it does keep shape well, but becareful not to leave the heat gun on your lap or table space where your working. heat gun burns are FTL.

http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/wonderfl ... rflex.html

I object to your face!

For the visor:
I saw one on a cosplay site, a guy had used the cardboard/cellphane idea(but I like the wonderflex idea), but he put it over an old pair of glasses so it could be work like that. I'd just worry that it'd be really heavy and they'd keep falling off.

Straps might not be TOO bad, since early art of his had him with straps. (How does he wear it anyway?)

As for the coffee cup, cheap white ones are insanely easy to find.

Good luck with the hair!
The Defense is a Murloch!
My DeviantART page :3

I would actually wear the visor under the wig, so that the straps are not visible.

Well, considering I haven't done so already, I would like to personally thank you all for your help and support - I'll be sure that this pays off. I'll have somebody videotape me, take pictures, etc.

And of course I'll go buy PW3 at EB Games wearing the costume, with pictures.

i found a better picture of my godot. but thats what wonderflex can do for a mask.

there will be better pictures when i regrow out my chin strap. *got a professional photographer* =^_^=

Okay, bumping for advice...

There are still two minor things that I need to find to complete the outfit. Firstly, I noticed that Godot wears a pair of armbands - where could I get armbands like those?

Second, the prosecutor's badge. Is there a place I can get a badge like that, or would I need to make it myself? If I need to make it myself, then I won't bother (it's not like the fanbase is going to cry foul over it)...

Daian gets what he wants.

You could use some black charity bands? YOu know, the rubber ones.
Working on a sig. Give me a week... month.

godot never had a badge. (it was never in the sprites and art)

and the garters i made mine out of pleather.

Built For The Kill

wildweasel wrote:
There are still two minor things that I need to find to complete the outfit. Firstly, I noticed that Godot wears a pair of armbands - where could I get armbands like those?

You can get the sleeve-adjusters at the Gentlemen's Emporium, or just use old belts or the black "Live Strong" charity bands like Deefunx said.
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

It's been a long time coming, but the pieces are finally starting to come together for my Godot costume. But rather than jump the gun, I'm going to tease you all with a little preview of what I consider to be the defining component of any Godot cosplayer...the cup!
A little bit of Photoshop trickery and lettering, plus a little help from Cafepress, and I've got myself a Godot cup! (Notice the silly Escher-esque fractal effect - the cup Godot is holding is another Godot cup. An infinite expanse of coffee-drinkers.)

I always thought Godot's visor was surgically attached to his face to help his vision.

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

The cup looks excellent. Nice prop! :godot:

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

wildweasel wrote:
I'm going to tease you all with a little preview of what I consider to be the defining component of any Godot cosplayer...the cup!

Wow, man... I would pay big bucks for one of those if I saw it in a store! (Not too big though, im cheap, really cheap) I LOVE IT!!! :spit:
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

Whn smthng smlls, it's usually e btz..

the godot in my team used a cup from starbucks!

pictures here
Spoiler:

[glow=]cosplay photos coming sooon :D[/glow]

Demonic Defense wrote:
I always thought Godot's visor was surgically attached to his face to help his vision.

And you're wrong.
Spoiler: T&T Case 5
Godot's visor is flewn off his face. So there must be some other explanation.

That mug is awesome.

The costume is complete.

- Had to make the vest myself.
- Not sure I got the visor done very well, but I had some difficulties in getting it to curve the right way, plus I don't think I traced the outline very well either.
- The wig sucks.

But I like it.

Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.

COFFEE POWAH!

You, my good sir, win a life's supply of internets.
I need a signature. I feel so plain without one. Oh well, glowing text is kewl too.

Its terrible I recommended ski goggles not even a year ago =__=; ugh. Craftfoam is another alternative to wonderflex that is a bit easier to come by. Heres what it did for me

The wire is there because the mask glows red :D This is an older pic though; you cant see my eyes now.

I'm REALLY impressed. The hair is spot on and the mask, well, I'm blown away. AND it glows.

cyanide-filled prosecution groupie

I'm even more impressed by the hair than the mask.

I've seen plenty of masks, but this is the first hair/wig for him I've ever seen that's really good.

That is to say, the mask is also frickin' awesome, but man, the HAIR.

Ha, I already told you this on cosplay.com, but your stuff ROCKS! :rock'n:

Legendary Agent

Wow, that looks incredible! I was admiring your pictures in the cosplay section a few days ago. I'm going to be making a Godot costume for myself (I am female, but that's part of the joke) and I'm really stressing out over the mask.

You used craft foam, I see, but how did you go about making it? How does it stay on? Teach me, sir, PLEASE!
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett

ggmoonycrisco wrote:
Wow, that looks incredible! I was admiring your pictures in the cosplay section a few days ago. I'm going to be making a Godot costume for myself (I am female, but that's part of the joke) and I'm really stressing out over the mask.

You used craft foam, I see, but how did you go about making it? How does it stay on? Teach me, sir, PLEASE!

Well uhh, first I made a paper model of the pieces, traced that onto the craft foam and cut it out. I used an exacto knife for the red bars. Auto primer and spray painted the foam pieces, but it took quite a few coats to get it smooth. The lens is 1/16" red plexiglass (acrylic sheeting). I just cut that to the right shape and curved it with a heat gun. Then heat up the foam a little bit and glue it to the lens. You can use some mirror sheeting film on the lens to make it so you cant see your eyes too. I used some elastic to wrap it around my head but you could probably glue on some glasses arms on it. Thats basically it :godot:

These are more recent pics of the mask (and costume overall :D )

Send me a PM if you need more details ^^

^ HOLY CRAP

Take all of our intarwebs, for we are not worthy.

COFFEH!

Well here's my Godot mask! Just finished making it yesterday. I tried to get it to light up but I can't see through it if I do. Also I accredit KaZzu for his Godot mask for his model which I based this off of and the EntropyHouse Armor Tutorial.
"Humans aren't machines... They have souls, feelings. They live, they hate, they love, they die... And yes, they even make mistakes... ...To err is human, to forgive divine."
-Godot

Actually you can style your hair just like his and dye it with washable hair tint.

That's what has been stuck on my mind (my BFF has the exact hairstyle)~

:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

TLS Admin and Representative

Just curious, have any of you thought of a certain "prop" used by Godot in 3-5?

Spoiler: Say...
Elise Deauxnim's Cane Sword?
I'm not saying carry it always, but just for certain poses, you see.

COFFEH!

That's a bit too much of a spoiler don't you think? :spload: But if you were to reenact the case in cosplay that would be really cool.
"Humans aren't machines... They have souls, feelings. They live, they hate, they love, they die... And yes, they even make mistakes... ...To err is human, to forgive divine."
-Godot

Wow Kazzu, that's amazing! How much would you say you spent making that? Can you still see through well enough even when it's lit up?

Man, I wish I was good at makin stuff. I'd kill for one of those :/

Poopaloop wrote:
Wow Kazzu, that's amazing! How much would you say you spent making that? Can you still see through well enough even when it's lit up?

Man, I wish I was good at makin stuff. I'd kill for one of those :/

Haha, thanks. I think the cost of the mask was around 20 bucks? The elwire by itself was 11.

Im actually replacing that visor before I even debut it xD Just because it's so flat and it's a little big on my head. New one looks like this (actually, ive done alot more work on it since this picture)

3 more weeks till sakuracon .__.;

Very impressive. The unfinished one already looks appealing. Your girlfriend must be very proud of having you as her sweetheart.
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

Question: In court, there are some instances where you can see something white on Godot's left forefinger. Is it a ring or a cigarette?
Thank you to Zinle for the capeless Trucy
Sig by eliska
Page 1 of 6 [ 225 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay