Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

Advice from Gifted TrucysTopic%20Title

a car full of moms

About that cape... the construction I've got planned out - I've got some favors to call in at our highschool, and could screen print the card suits on it <_< The only thing that bothers me is the fabric. I considered cottons and stuff, but I want something with a little heavier drape to it.

tl;dr, what kind of fabric would you recommend for that cape? >_> And yes I did search back, I apologize if I missed it.
Re: Advice from Gifted TrucysTopic%20Title

Never give up, Phoenix.

Location: Philippines (show me some mercy in replying to topics!)

Sorry, it was my grandma who made my :minuki: costume, so I don't know what fabrics she used, but she was in a hurry to make it, so she ended up using felt for the card shapes in Trucy's cape. So sorry if I'm not helping... :payne:
Please visit my roleplay topics: "The Stage Is Set---Or Is It?" and "The Prosecutors' Office RP"
Thanks to TheBaronAndEma for the magical signature!

a car full of moms

XD;; Actually after the last few days I got a friend that does Renaissance Fair costumes to help me out with the fabrics. She's sharp.

Psst, other Trucys: Denver fabrics has the exact color - Dusty Blue. It's so identical, it's glorious. In broadcloth and silk.

It was fate~ *swoon*

Para Para Princess

I try to stay away from Denver Fabrics, I've had quality issues with them in the past and unless I have no other options, I really would rather go somewhere else.

I'm using Casa satin in cornflower blue (found at Joann's). Even though it's polyester (I try to use natural fibers when possible), I've always found that Casa gives the best drape, has a nice weight and, since it's matte, it isn't shiny. It's on sale for 50% off at Joann's until the end of the week and if you are a poor Joann's slave, you can use your discount with too.

For the diamonds, I used the same fabric and used Heat n' Bond to applique them on the cape.

I did find a great cotton/silk sateen at Haberman's in the same color, but since that was over $15/yd, I had to pass. :larry:

I control the squirrels in your yard

I made my cape out of this saten material i got at Walmart. for the shapes i used "wonder under," it was awesome! Wonder under turns regular cloth into iron on fabric! the only problem was that i didn't iron it on hot enough and a few of my card suits fell off the fourth day i wore it, but that was it.
If you consider what I say, just remember, I have no taste...or style...or friends. :)
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay