Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 2[ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Yew-Badd-Faraday Cosplay (some AAI spoilers)Topic%20Title

Don't call me "space cowboy."

My friends did an awesome AAI Case 4 trio cosplay group for Anime North. As a fan of the KG-8 case, I took a bunch of pics. I also helped with the Byrne and Badd costumes a bit.

First some solo pics.

Calisto Yew (aka CR admin SilverWind!):
Spoiler: photos

Tyrell Badd:

Byrne Faraday:

Trio pics:

Pair pics (CASE 4 SPOILERS):

Artsy photos:

Bonus pic -- Byrne morphed into Portsman for a day:

Spoiler: photo

ETA: I posted more photos a bit further down this thread.
http://forums.court-records.net/cosplay/yew-badd-faraday-cosplay-some-aai-spoilers-t19258.html#p1083435

ETA2: Aaaand more.
http://forums.court-records.net/cosplay/yew-badd-faraday-cosplay-some-aai-spoilers-t19258.html#p1083774

Last edited by space coyote on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Re: Yew-Badd-Faraday Cosplay (some AAI spoilers)Topic%20Title

I was so impressed when I saw them at the AA panel. Then I saw them later on, freaked out, and then ran over to them asking for a photo. It totally made my day :) My friend was very impressed too!

Guh, I LOVE THESE PICTURES.

Then we'll see the real you.

Woo woo! :D

...It was very hard to laugh properly. :lana:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes,
so that we can find the way back to our path towards a brighter future."

Painting by Denerop

Sigh.... I guess these are really good pictures... But I'm quite tired of people making their cosplays with a modist and paying lots of money so it looks scarily alike...
Where are the old-fashioned cosplayers who used just what they found at home..?
Awesome siggy by Auraion

Blake wrote:
Sigh.... I guess these are really good pictures... But I'm quite tired of people making their cosplays with a modist and paying lots of money so it looks scarily alike...
Where are the old-fashioned cosplayers who used just what they found at home..?

I'll take that as a compliment, Blake--I think. XD

I'm not sure what you mean by modist, but the Byrne and Badd outfits were mostly acquisitions at Value Village. Outside of things the Byrne cosplayer already owned, he spent about $30 for the jacket, pants and scarf.

Badd's outfit was about $40-50 tops, and the great thing is that he can reuse the pants and shirt in everyday wear.

My Yew outfit was the only one sewn from scratch, and I did it myself (aaaaaaaaugh suits). Fabric, thread, bias tape, zipper, interfacing and a pattern that I modified was about $80-90 CDN, mostly because I always buy a yard or two more fabric than I think I'll need. The earrings were about $5 to make (plastic Easter Egg shell bottoms and necklace parts). The red shirt and tie were about $10 total... making my outfit a heftier $100 or so. Not including the cost of my own labour, of course. <_< The boots were already mine!

So, in short... there was actually quite a lot of "found" items--and the rest were handmade!
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes,

The cape is self-fluttering

Holy fucking shit, that Byrne is spot-on. Seriously. There is good cosplay, and then there's OMG X PERSON REALLY -IS- X CHARACTER. Though, actually, all those costumes/props are amazing... from the clothes to the earrings to even the lollipops (lol). And great poses too. That first B&W trio photo is so close to the game photo that it's just eerie.

Oh, and Portsman FTW XD
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

nuuuuu, stoooooop

You guys were great! What you can't see in the pictures is that Sil walked around half the convention with her hand on her hip, totally in character ;D
ImageImage

@Adrian In Black, I'm glad you liked the Byrne and Portsman 'cause I was the one who convinced him to be those characters! He looked great as both, but does have an eerie likeness to Byrne.

Here are a bunch of miscellaneous shots I took of them including some of other AA cosplayers who came to the group meet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40906950@N ... 053164597/

Last edited by space coyote on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Androgynous Medium-in-training

Would it be alright for me to drop my AA photoshoot pics in this thread, as it's on topic and from the same convention? :edgy:

It includes Ace Attorney Investigations spoilers, however, so please only view at your own risk. The photoshoot included;

Spoiler: Characters from the Anime North 2010 Photoshoot
The Proto Badger Mascot
Wendy Oldbag
Miles Edgeworth
Cammy Meele
Maggey Byrde
Tyrell Badd
Calisto Yew
Byrne Faraday
Franziska von Karma
Mia Fey
Two Ema Skyes
Kay Faraday
and Dick Gumshoe.

There was another Kay, but she sort of wandered away... not even sure if she knew there was a photoshoot or not. There was also a second Gumshoe but I didn't get to take a photo of him.
I also believe there was a second Franziska.

Here's the link to the photos; http://s788.photobucket.com/albums/yy16 ... th%202010/

High Functioning Sociopath

Oh My Gah!! These cosplays are freaking amazing!!!! The B&W one with the trio is so much like the real pic! And the Byrn/Jauques cosplay... you might convince me to actually like Porstman...maybe...

All those Pictures are amazing!!! Great Job!!

:pearl:
"In a world of locked doors, the man with the key is King, and honey, you should see me in a crown!" ~Moriarty~
All my fan-fiction in one complete package!

Drinks it black, the way it should be

I'm not the only AAI cosplayer anymore! Very awesome job guys.
Hey, she may be a thief, and a killer, and a liar, and pretty much clinically insane... But she's still my subordinate!

Berry Big Top Lion Tamer

Stellar costumes! Yew's costume looks so well made and you all look very spot-on for the characters! :) Wish we had that many Ace Attorney cosplayers here in the Northeast. ;_;

!!!

These photos just made my entire day. My good friends and I have an AAI group together for Otakon this summer, and the lovely effort you all put in only makes me that much more excited.

Everything came out astounding. Silverwind, I remember you as Lamiroir and your (please pardon me if I'm incorrect) boyfriend as Kristoph from a group photoshoot a while back, and they're still some of my favorite Ace Attorney cosplay photos. I can't stop smiling at your AAI crew; an Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Franziska, Maggey, Cammy, Callisto, Badd, Byrne/Portsman, Kay and nightmare fuel Protobadger? I'd say it was a fabulous AAI turnout.

AND WAIT. OHMYGOD WAIT. I-I could be mistaken... but is that Croik as pinkprincess!Oldbad I see in a few of those group shots?! I think I just died. XD

Seriously. Thank you all. These are downright fantastic. :)

Haha these are ace! I love how perfect Calisto's is.

OMG CAMMY <3
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

That is indeed Croik as Oldbag!Pink Princess! I couldn't get the camera out in time to get the shot of her attacking admiring Edgeworth, but here's a shot I took of her as well as the Cammy (I spent too much time taking KG-8 Trio pics 'cause I'm a shameless fangirl...)

Unfortunately due to the hectic nature of cons, we couldn't get a proper group shot of the whole AAI group, but I found this one online.

Spoiler: someone else's photo

I LOVE these! :edgy:
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

The Twisted Samurai

so effing awesome cosplays
you sure you didn't jump straight outta the game?
Just wondering...
AND LOL about the Pink Princess cosplay XD
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

space coyote wrote:

I really want that Mr. iFly ;_;
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Leesers wrote:
!!!

These photos just made my entire day. My good friends and I have an AAI group together for Otakon this summer, and the lovely effort you all put in only makes me that much more excited.

Everything came out astounding. Silverwind, I remember you as Lamiroir and your (please pardon me if I'm incorrect) boyfriend as Kristoph from a group photoshoot a while back, and they're still some of my favorite Ace Attorney cosplay photos. I can't stop smiling at your AAI crew; an Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Franziska, Maggey, Cammy, Callisto, Badd, Byrne/Portsman, Kay and nightmare fuel Protobadger? I'd say it was a fabulous AAI turnout.

AND WAIT. OHMYGOD WAIT. I-I could be mistaken... but is that Croik as pinkprincess!Oldbad I see in a few of those group shots?! I think I just died. XD

Seriously. Thank you all. These are downright fantastic. :)

Waaah! :D Thank you, I'm really touched to hear that--especially from such an awesome cosplayer. (And yes, you remembered everything right!) X3

Coordinated Ace Attorney groups are always a ton of fun! I'm looking forward to seeing your Otakon pictures~

space coyote wrote:
That is indeed Croik as Oldbag!Pink Princess! I couldn't get the camera out in time to get the shot of her attacking admiring Edgeworth, but here's a shot I took of her as well as the Cammy (I spent too much time taking KG-8 Trio pics 'cause I'm a shameless fangirl...)

Unfortunately due to the hectic nature of cons, we couldn't get a proper group shot of the whole AAI group, but I found this one online.

Spoiler: someone else's photo

ABSOLUTE. GENIUS. You guys are seriously the best. I can't stop chuckling now XD Sometimes you think "nah, no one would ever cosplay that" but then it happens and it's pure gold. She's perfect too, and the protobadger behind her in the group shot is all too fitting. Thank you so much for posting all of these fantastic photos!

SilverWind wrote:
Waaah! :D Thank you, I'm really touched to hear that--especially from such an awesome cosplayer. (And yes, you remembered everything right!) X3

I'm glad! ;_; Please tell your group for me (although I'm sure you guys already heard it all weekend) that you're an amazing bunch. <3 All of you really brought a smile to my face.

FINE

So much win :acro:
I'd like to see more photos

Okay, some more miscellaneous fun shots (I told you I took a lot of pics! I'm glad you guys like them):

Spoiler: more photos
Looking cool.

...Until Badd tickles Yew.

That certainly did the trick.

A peace offering.

Candy time!

Everybody loves candy.

Did Byrne and Mia ever meet at some point?

Stop laughing at me!

Can we split a footlong sub if you promise not to poison it?

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

I really do love all these cosplays! They're extremely well done. I have got to ask about those earrings! Are they handmade?
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

Addikt wrote:
I really do love all these cosplays! They're extremely well done. I have got to ask about those earrings! Are they handmade?

Yep! The bottoms of plastic easter egg shells, plus the chains from generic necklaces (picked up at a beading/jewellery store). And... clip on earring parts, because my ears aren't pierced. :gant:

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

SilverWind wrote:
Addikt wrote:

Yep! The bottoms of plastic easter egg shells, plus the chains from generic necklaces (picked up at a beading/jewellery store). And... clip on earring parts, because my ears aren't pierced. :gant:

Well, what a lovely job you did. I had to ask because my relatives make jewelry as a hobby/side job and those earrings looked very well done.

And Faraday's scarf/handkerchief was a great find. Very well done, all of you! (Gotta love Badd's coatttt. I really wish I lived on the west coast to see you guys!
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

The Magatama of Truth!

WOW! You guys all did a fantastically brilliant job with the costumes!! I love Byrne, he looks so perfect! Well done, everyone in the photos look so good! :edgy:
Signature thanks to the brilliant SnowWright (thank you so much!)

All these pics are so full of win, it's not even funny (no Calisto joke intended XD). The costumes and everyone look great!! :edgy:

What the Devil is going on here?

Those are really are some of the best cosplay pics I have ever seen. :DD Awesome job!
~

Call me Ishmael.

Seconded, those are amazing. <3
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The Heir to the Planet

Location: the place bewtten space and time, mind and matter. Yes, I am in the velvet room

Badd takes the win... how did you get the bullet holes through that coat? .... is that even a real coat? simply amazing
Son to electroboy . engaged to the lovely-girliedinosaur24 that's right: be jealous Oh yeeah, OriginalBubs is my crazy uncle., and I love sending him into oblivion
Time to feed the sandwitch and eat the baby!

Fabulous!

I think you guys did an amazing job! It makes me totally jealous that I couldn't have been there to see it in person.

I haven't cosplayed in a while and I've been really hoping to do a AAI cosplay this summer and this is a total motivator to get going on a bunch of ideas I've had.

Rarikou wrote:
Badd takes the win... how did you get the bullet holes through that coat? .... is that even a real coat? simply amazing

We found the perfect trench coat at a thrift store (on the first try!) then I took a Canadian one dollar coin, traced holes into it in the appropriate spots, and simply cut out the circles with fabric scissor. I tore into the bottom hems with the scissors for that ragged look. Then SilverWind inserted poster board into the collar to make it stay up (since putting holes into it made it floppier).

I gotta say, like everyone else that this cosplay group is simply amazing!! * v *
you guys did such a good job portraying the characters with well-made costumes to boot!
(also the Jacques Portman was very well done :D)

I hope that one day I can be in an ace attorney cosplay group, but first I’ll have to gather up people to cosplay with me xD

Fluff

those are so awesome! <3

Raw Dog

Spoiler:

I'm trying to find words beyond perfection, but I can't find any. :udgy:

Excellent work.

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

I know it's already been said, but these are just lovely <3 I have to say, those Badd and Byrne cosplays are the first of their kind I've seen and SilverWind's Calisto is creepily perfect. Even the laughing is just right :3 The Yew costume looks very well-made (agh, it looks like it must have been pretty complicated XD) Did you find Byrne's scarf with the print already on it or did you put on the pattern yourselves?

Really awesome work, guys, I can't wait to see more cosplays from you all ^^
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

It's Time

These cosplays are pure win. The designs are brilliantly done. SilverWind + Callisto = cool! The jacket of Badd is very cool. I hope to see more cosplays as good as this. :godot:
Credits to PandaPrinzessin and Midnight Jasper for the sig and avi
Image Image

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
I know it's already been said, but these are just lovely <3 I have to say, those Badd and Byrne cosplays are the first of their kind I've seen and SilverWind's Calisto is creepily perfect. Even the laughing is just right :3 The Yew costume looks very well-made (agh, it looks like it must have been pretty complicated XD) Did you find Byrne's scarf with the print already on it or did you put on the pattern yourselves?

Really awesome work, guys, I can't wait to see more cosplays from you all ^^

Thanks! The Yew costume wasn't thaaat bad! It was just my first time working with a suit, and thus... bothersome. Especially the sleeves.

Byrne's scarf already had the print on it. It's just the usual Karakusa pattern, and fortunately there are fabrics with the pattern already available. (Though none in pink for Kay, I note :|)

I here by sentence you to an ass-whoopin

Awe man! This are some pretty awsome pictures. I so love them :D
Come to the darkside, we have cookies :D

This cosplay is fantastic! Especially Byrne. You guys did such a fantastic job! And his transformation into Portsman was spot on, also. :3 Good work you guys! <3
Page 1 of 2 [ 42 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay