Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

Godot Costume need helpTopic%20Title

Xin Oehp! (Where's the Thgirw?)

I want to make a Godot costume and I need advice on what to do.

Things I have
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
White Tie
Pants
Shoes
Mug

Things I need
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shirt - I don't exactly know the dark-greenish shade of it is called. Help?

Mask - Need advice on how to make it.

Vest - I can find a vest with the beige color, but not with the brown vertical lines.

Ganbatte, minna!

You should contact the user C0dy on here about the mask! He did a good job with his. It seems like he used pretty simple materials - probably craft foam, paint, and some red cellophane giftwrap. Make sure to put a few layers of white glue on the craft foam or cover it with bristol board before you paint it! Otherwise, you'll get that weird foam texture even with the paint.
Re: Godot Costume need helpTopic%20Title

Diagnosed wrote:
You should contact the user C0dy on here about the mask! He did a good job with his. It seems like he used pretty simple materials - probably craft foam, paint, and some red cellophane giftwrap. Make sure to put a few layers of white glue on the craft foam or cover it with bristol board before you paint it! Otherwise, you'll get that weird foam texture even with the paint.

I know this might be a bit of a late reply but thanks for the compliment! As for how I made the mask, your guesses are not far off ;)

My mask was indeed constructed from two layers of craft foam - the rear layer is black foam and the front is white foam painted silver. For the red layer I originally attempted to use cellophane wrap like you suggested but I found it crinkled and creased far too much. The piece in my mask actually is a thin sheet of plastic that I got from cutting up a red flexible water bottle I found at my local dollar store. Kind of unorthodox, I suppose, but it serves its purpose well and I am able to see through it (the world painted red)!

It's held around my head via elastic that is hidden under my wig (which came from amazon).
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay