Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 8 posts ]

Sewing PatternsTopic%20Title

Hate is Bad :(

Help!

Is there anywhere in the world I can go to find sewing patterns for cosplay? ANYWHERE? Of course it would be awesome if I could specifically find Ace Attorney patterns.
Re: Sewing PatternsTopic%20Title

I'm all over that drift!

Well, it depends on what kind of pattern you're looking for. What costume(s) are you trying to make?

There aren't really any patterns specifically made for AA stuff, most people tend to follow/alter existing ones. Luckily, a lot of the outfits from the series don't require too much altering.

Fabric and craft stores like Jo-Anns sell them, as well as WalMart. Look through the pattern books there, find the one you need, and they're usually tucked into drawers by number. You can also check the internet, there's tons of places and resources out there. Good luck!

Ayup. Just walk into your local Joanns/Hancock Fabrics/Walmart/Other hobby store and head for the little table area with pattern books. Flip through a few volumes and see if you can find something close to what you want. I just went to the store today and found me a nice jacket pattern for another non-Ace Attorney cosplay. Have a reference picture handy for quick comparison.

Yeah, I figured I'd have to do that S:

I'm just not very good at improvising xD

I guess I'll just have to try my best ._.

TLS Admin and Representative

Gwiffen wrote:
Ayup. Just walk into your local Joanns/Hancock Fabrics/Walmart/Other hobby store and head for the little table area with pattern books. Flip through a few volumes and see if you can find something close to what you want. I just went to the store today and found me a nice jacket pattern for another non-Ace Attorney cosplay. Have a reference picture handy for quick comparison.

WARNING: If you are going for a double-breasted suit, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Walmart will not have patterns! I looked through their stuff for an hour with no luck!

Funny you should say that. I had a little trouble finding a double-breasted suit as well for Kristoph, but in the end I got a pattern I could work with.
Spoiler: See results

That's Vogue V7988 which covers a double-breasted jacket (its the pattern in the bottom left) that had to be modified to look more like Kristoph's. This was at Hancock Fabrics, incidentally, but I think the other stores carry Vogue patterns as well?

Foolish Fool

every photo on that pattern cover, looks like an outfit from a character (one is even in a Phoenix pose) brill

Ugh. My crappy friends crapped out and now it's just gonna be me the objection sign and possibly my friend Mia or Franziska.

._.

I guess that narrows things down a bit...
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay