Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 6 posts ]

Who to cosplay?Topic%20Title

Hey guys! First things first: I have NEVER cosplayed. But I want to start :P

I want to make sure I do it right, though, because sometimes you see people with GREAT costumes, but they just don't like like they could be the character at all, and I think that's too bad. But I'm not sure who my husband and myself could cosplay.

The first big problem is him. He's 6'6. I don't think any of the characters are that tall, really. I suggested Will Powers for the "imposing" quality but... I'm not sure. Some people here seem to know all character information that there is to know, so is any character that tall? That would help.

As for me, I'd like to cosplay as a male character, but that just wouldn't work, as I have a very feminine body. By which I mean, big hips and big breasts. I'm not sure I want to be April May though, so any character you can think of that would follow that body structure?

We're both white, and I don't think the rest matters as we can get wigs and color contacts (or even makeup to change our skin colour if we need to, really).

Also, and I know I'll probably be out of luck, but... Anyone here living in France? I'd love to be able to cosplay as a group rather than just a couple.

Thanks to all of you, guys. I hope to find someone I really want to cosplay, then I'll start working on the outfit ^^
Re: Who to cosplay?Topic%20Title

Are you sugessting coconuts migrate?!

Franziska has quite a feminine body. She's also made of epic win, which is a bonus. :will:
As for your husband, I think Gant's pretty tall. It lists all the characters heights in the CR characer section, which might help. In case you don't know, the CR homepage is http://www.court-records.net, then click on the picture of Missile to get to the character bit.
Avvy and sig by Topaz Fey. Franziska von Karma is sexiness on legs. :ka-whip:

Thanks, I didn't notice it said their size... Oops :bellboy:

I took a look, and Gant is 185 cm (Ian is 196). I looked at some other characters I thought might be tall (Furio Tigre, Will Powers..) and they are, also, 185cm. I wonder if the people who made the games were like "okay, that person is tall. What's the tallest a human can be? Let's say 185 :P"
I'll keep looking through them all, though.

I like the Franziska idea, because I wouldn't have to wear revealing clothes, plus I could whip people. And Franziska/Gant could be neat indeed.

EDIT: Mmh, Galactica is 200cm tall with the hat... That might be taller than the others if his hat is less than 15cm tall. And Terry Fawles is 190cm. That's pretty close AND that's someone I could whip. I'll have to think about it, but thanks much :)

Haha, your enthusiasm is great, but you don't need to get things like height this exact. I'll give the same advice I give everyone: pick a character you like and can relate with, someone you wouldn't mind pretending to be all day. If you would like to cosplay a male character, I recommend you check out the crossplay forum at cosplay.com - specifically this thread for women cosplaying guys.

Well, for my first cosplay I really want it to look good. My husband cosplaying a short guy would be ridiculous, and if I cosplayed a male it would be the same. I could pull it out with short breasts, but with my body structure it wouldn't work.
I don't know, it might just be me, but when I see someone cosplaying, even if the costume is dead on, if they don't look like the person at all, it looks bad.
Anyway, I have time to think about it, as I'm thinking of cosplaying in the summer of 2009. After looking at the character's list, I realised there were several that could work, so I'll choose the one I prefer.
Also, I'll try to find more people so we can be a group. That would be great, if we could get the cast from one case or something.

Are you sugessting coconuts migrate?!

Avistew wrote:
Thanks, I didn't notice it said their size... Oops :bellboy:

I took a look, and Gant is 185 cm (Ian is 196). I looked at some other characters I thought might be tall (Furio Tigre, Will Powers..) and they are, also, 185cm. I wonder if the people who made the games were like "okay, that person is tall. What's the tallest a human can be? Let's say 185 :P"
I'll keep looking through them all, though.

I like the Franziska idea, because I wouldn't have to wear revealing clothes, plus I could whip people. And Franziska/Gant could be neat indeed.

EDIT: Mmh, Galactica is 200cm tall with the hat... That might be taller than the others if his hat is less than 15cm tall. And Terry Fawles is 190cm. That's pretty close AND that's someone I could whip. I'll have to think about it, but thanks much :)

You're welcome! Good luck with whichever costume you decide to use, and with finding other French cosplayers.
Avvy and sig by Topaz Fey. Franziska von Karma is sexiness on legs. :ka-whip:
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay