Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 38 posts ]

PW: Remnants of the Past - The Musical Contest! Enter Now!Topic%20Title

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Welcome to the PW: Remnants of the Past - The Musical Contest!

Urgently needing new music for Remnants of the Past, I have decided to open a simple contest for all composers out there. By "simple" I mean that I cannot offer any large prizes, but it should still be a fun contest nonetheless.

So without further ado, here are the rules and requirements:

THE RULES

- Any kind of PW music is accepted: Jingle, Allegro, Moderate, Search, etc. Anything you can think of that is PW related, will become acceptable.

- There are no limits to how many times you can enter. The more entries you make, the more chances you have of winning!

- Do not submit remixes and last-second projects. This contest is for original compositions that have had a considerable amount of effort put into them.

- If you have multiple submissions, do not submit each song separately. All of your songs should be completed before submitting. Also, do not send demos and previews. They will clutter up my inbox and will end up getting deleted to make room for your full submission. All submissions should be sent via PM, with the name of your submission(making a creative name for your song will get you bonus points), and a link to where I can download it.

- Finally, send us the name you would like used in the credits of ROTP if your submission does end up winning.

THE DEADLINE:

- None! For once, take the time you need to work on your masterpieces. A deadline will appear some day, but only when the game is nearing completion. For now, create your works without the stress of a deadline.

THE PRIZE(S):

- The winning submissions will be played in the appropriate place in PW: Remnants of the Past. Also, your name and a site of your choice will be included in the game's credits, to help promote your other works. See below for other areas you could try to win in.

THE AREAS:

- Most Submissions: The winner of this section will be promoted not only on the game, but on GyakutenWiki and CR as well, attracting the attention of many fans who see the ROTP pages. And this doesn't mean submitting random, pointless songs. Rules still apply.

- Best Submission: Simply, your song will be played many more times on the game than the others. Also, your name will appear on the game on its own screen, while the other submissions will be all shown on their one or two separated pages.

- Greatest Medley: Create a medley or a mixture of your best songs by combining them into one song. The end product should sound like the songs used in the ending credits of the original PW games. The person who does this best will have their song played in the ending credits. Also, they will have their name in the credits on a separate page than the rest.

And, that's all. Good luck to all, and I hope to hear your submissions soon!
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Last edited by papermario13689 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Remnants of the Past - The Musical Contest! Enter Now!Topic%20Title

....E.S.P is no aid in detecting sarcasm

two question!!!!!!
canit be computer music made on a program like cubsase or do you have to play it?

can u write lyrics and get other people to think of s tune? (since guitar serenade is the only pw tune ive heard so far wiv lyrics)

btw, this sounds awesome though im not particularly musicly gifted.
miight attempt something, dont expect much/anything :)
Fan of paramore, ace attorney, drugs, and the will to live.

hubby is the awesome jaydrick0620!
my darling children are Miyako Chinatsu and slezac and apollajustice
sons in law , yaragorm and eliasbloodmoon
love you guys!

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

1. Yes, actually it's more preferable if you use a computer program.

2. It's probably best not to write lyrics unless it is something like The Guitar's Serenade. If you get someone else to write the music, and the lyrics aren't used, you'll be left out of the credits:( You wouldn't want that.

Anyways, it doesn't matter if it's not insanely well done. Just give it your best shot and submit something. You may end up winning a spot in the credits!
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Apply directly to the forehead

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

Are you looking for any specific style of music for the soundtrack?

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Not really. It's just a contest to see what people can come up with when they are given no parameters and variables.

Go wild, and make anything you wish. Everything is accepted except shoddy, last minute projects.

Good luck!

It must be a perfect headache!

Sounds interesting. I'll enter if I can find the time.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

I look forward to hearing your creations! :phoenix:

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

Gah, Might make something if I can be bothered.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Good to hear, good luck to you!

Objection!

Two questions sir, which format is required?
And the second one, I think that in order to harmonize with the rest of the game the songs must use the same instruments, but I dont know which ones are u using. :eh?:

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

1. .mp3 is best for PWLib. Sorry for not specifying that :eh?:

2. It doesn't really matter if it fits with the others or not. If it's good enough, it'll find a place in the game that fits.

Thanks!

One-of-a-kind lawyer

I've got a MIDI song I like to call "Inclement Weather". It might be suitable for that very thing (don't know about Reminiscence).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLivBqxqrs
A short animation I made

Breaking hiatus.

What if you like the melody/overall sound, but would like different instruments, would you give us a chance to change them, or is it just lucky pick with instruments?

One-of-a-kind lawyer

Here's my candidate for the "Inform the Truth" theme:
:phoenix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r_FT07No5c
A short animation I made

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

There is always opportunity to change what you'd like. The goal is to obtain a decent amount of fan-made music to give the game a personal touch, along with avoiding the constant use of old music.

Thanks for the entries, Autistic Attorney. They're certainly interesting to listen to, might I suggest livening them up near the middle or so? Still, excellent work. I'll add it as an entry.

One-of-a-kind lawyer

Here's my entry for "Examination - Moderate". Tell me what you think about it. If you see any flaws, point them out and I can edit the song and fix the problems. You need bass on to be able to hear the low-pitched stringed instrument.

The music in the game will loop, but I couldn't exactly make the song so it loops so, you'll have to fiddle around with it to get it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loON1yLlxrc
A short animation I made

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Autistic Attorney wrote:
Here's my candidate for the "Inform the Truth" theme:
:phoenix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r_FT07No5c

That sounds very good for an Epilogue theme in some parts.

And sorry, but that Cross-Examination theme doesn't sound Cross-Examination-ish at all, in my opinion.

You know, I was about to submit a Cross-Examination theme I wrote, but I thought it was really good, so I'll use it myself >:D
Nah, good luck with this!

Also, Inclement Weather sounds amazing... I just can't stop listening to it! Excellent job!
Re: PW: Remnants of the Past - The Musical Contest! Enter Now!Topic%20Title

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Yes, unfortunately I'm inclined to agree with DeMatador here, the cross-examination music needs to have a slow but exciting composition, along with a more upbeat version of the first song for Allegro/Moderate themes.

I have returned!

I was actually starting a cross-examination theme.
I should finish it and make the moderate theme to go with it.
(unless, of course dematador changes his mind... :3)

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Oh no, please, make your rendition as well. Even if DeMatador does change his mind, which I'm not too sure if he will, this is a contest, and all entries are accepted, along with the fact that more than one may be chosen and used!

Objection!

Phew, i took my time to do it, but here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf9WLaTaGmM

My reminiscence theme, i called it "the truth was there"

I´m just wondering if i should remove the second part of it ,leaving alone the 1st one and repeating it with some slight differences. I love the whole theme, but you may only like the first part for a reminiscence.

If you like the whole theme it´s nice but if you like just the first part, just tell it to me and i´ll fix that. If you don´t like anything...you know... :uramidn:... Anyway, just listen to it and tell me your thoughts. :shoe:

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

It's quite good! I'll add it to the list of entries; you should definitely try out some other themes as well.

Thanks again for the entry!

Objection!

Well, i´m glad to hear that. However, i thought the second part was not reminiscencish (LOL) enough, so i tweaked it and now it´s really finished, I´m done with it. This second version is the one I present, not the past one. I also changed the name to another more attractive. The last shivers of the truth :phoenix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLBq7VvaFVA

It´s just curiosity, but do you have a limit of songs to take form here or just the ones you like most, even if they´re 6 or 7?

Maybe now i will make an investigation one :yuusaku:

Mp3 download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7U85M7IX

Last edited by aviax14 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Hehe, I love how you used Iris in the video, she's one of my favorite characters. The song was quite captivating, I'll have to try and find a place for it.

There's no limit, so submit away!

By remixes, do you mean just changing things? Because I am currently working on a short film and made all the music with real instruments and not just beeps and boops. I have been working on it for a few months now. But, I just need to know if you mean just changing the song a little or completely making it sound different.
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

I did mean original creations, to add a fan-made feel to the game. However, it'd be cool to hear your rendition, so feel free to post anyways;)

Well, seeing as I'm making my own fangame, I think I'll try my hand at this, too :3c

...however, I have absolutely no idea how to get my paws on a good MIDI program, and I don't have an electric keyboard. ;; How exactly do you make PW-ish music, anyway? /dork

EDIT: MY 69TH POST. PFFFFFFFFT
"C'mon, Edgeworth, aren't you grateful?"

C-R Art Thread | Livejournal | deviantART

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

You know, I'm not sure how PW music is made! I've never really thought about it (which is probably why I created this contest XD).

Good luck with your fangame and also with the contest, if you do end up entering;)

By Midnight Jasper! Much thanks!

If anybody's having trouble with instruments, I've ripped an AAI soundfont which may help, in the form of 500+ WAV files. It doesn't seem to include everything though. If anybody can point to a better instrument set or whatever, that'd be great (I'm trying to make an AAO fangame with my brother and we're trying to make music for it).
The AAI soundfont is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n5zjlm2hqm2

Stepladders!

I tried mixing AAI:ME-Logic-The way to the truth and AJ:AA- Trance Logic , but.....it became a mass of mess. :nixiesob: :nixiesob: :nixiesob: :nixiesob:
Then I Suddenly thought: how about PW:AA Logic and Trick and AJ:AA Trance Logic? And it worked Perfectly. :phoenix: too bad, no recorder :sadshoe:

Eureka!

I really want to contribute to this fangame (been following its progess for quite a while :phoenix: ) but I dont know what program to use to make music. Any recommendation for a free music making program for Windows? :eh?:

Here is my Entry: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0BXG7GAK

It was actually going to be an announce the Truth Theme, but i think it would fit better if you have to find out some Dark secret or something like that^^

Hope you enjoy it.

Also a Question:
Which Characters need a Theme?
I might do some more Songs.

Muuuuffiiiiiiiiiins...

Matmax14 wrote:
Here is my Entry: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0BXG7GAK

It was actually going to be an announce the Truth Theme, but i think it would fit better if you have to find out some Dark secret or something like that^^

Hope you enjoy it.

Also a Question:
Which Characters need a Theme?
I might do some more Songs.

Wow. I haven't heard much Ace Attorney fan music, but this is without a doubt the best I've heard. I nominate this for a Cross Examination Presto theme if there's going to be one.

...D'aaaaawww...

Erol Brisbane in The Contempt of Court, a fangame by Cardy. Play Turnabout Scapegoat now or SUFFER BRISBANE'S WRATH!

Thanks^^
I'm glad you liked it.
I finished another Song now, which i think, sounds quiet sad.

I hope this one is also good^^

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W57W1UNP

~Panty Power~

Uhh, I was wondering if this was finished. I've been tinkering with my synthesizer and wouldn't mond sening in some tunes for this =)

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

We're still accepting new entries:) Thanks :phoenix:

The name's Bond... Judge Bond

Ah, this got my CR34T1V3 JU1C35 flowing! Although I probably won't be submitting anything until I've made a reasonable something out of my messed-up, uncooperative MIDIs... that might take a while, but I just though I'd pop in to say I'm interested :phoenix:
Pearl Fey is the fastest person in GS!

OBJECTION!

The bailiff is faster.

All Good Prosecutors are German

Do you need character/location themes?
You just lost the game.
Oh damn, I just lost the game too, didn't I?
Page 1 of 1 [ 38 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix