Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
Yeah, all you mentioned are things I had in mind.
Pursuit and Presto are precisely the two themes that I didn't like how they turned out. To be honest, I just released them because I wanted to see how the concept of orchestration would be welcome. I never said these are the final versions: I have 4 "Presto"s in my PC, and I still don't quite like any of it. Mostly, due to all the problems you pointed out, BP.
Well, it's the only version that you released, so :P Anyway, I guess I'm gonna have to listen to some other songs, then...
One of my main problems here is that FL Studio gives a way too crappy preview, and when you export it to MP3, it sounds quite different (as it should). I just noticed, but I was working on other themes (and other things unrelated to this project), so I still didn't fix it.
Gimme a break, it was the first theme I uploaded! XD I don't really know what you mean by "really badly", so if you could give concrete examples of when I used wind "really badly", instead of just suggestions, I would be grateful. I rather know what I'm doing wrong and THEN fix it, than just know what to do to fix it without even asking.
When I have time later I'll go and get examples.
This is the theme that gave me more issues. For the soft parts, I could either find a more fitting instrument or simply raise the volume.
A lot of instruments combine badly here. I just didn't have enough time to fix them, I released them prematurely. I'll get to fix this and all issues eventually, just bear with me.
kk. The note that I really think is soft is the last note of the intro riff. (I don't know how to really describe it, cuz it's just one note T_T) I think you are using... trombones(?) for that intro. Maybe have a different instrument just play that one note. (Again, just random ideas that I would test out myself if I could instead of just vaguely describing them >_>)
Well, replacing instruments is exactly what the point of this part of the project is. Right now, I want to finish the whole soundtrack as raw themes, and then my goal is arranging them in the fashion of a real Gyakuten Meets Orchestra album (Investigation Suite all in one theme, same with Confrontation themes, things like that, from your post, I know that you know what I mean). That's the last step towards the finishing of this project (that's why it's a project, it's still ongoing ;D).
All right, all right. It just wasn't clear that that was what you were doing :P I'll save arrangement criticisms until you get to those end steps. (Although balance and instrumentation are definitely things we can work on now :P)
(Also, for the AAI court suite... it should be some first song (prolly Court or Investigation ~ Opening, as those seem most analogous to Trial), then Confrontation Allegro and/or Moderato, then Pursuit. Then it should have a fake-out ending on Pursuit, and have a finale of Confrontation Presto xDD Just saying it now :P)
Basically, I am well aware of most of those issues, and of those I weren't, I know am, so I'll do my best to fix them.
Thanks for the great constructive criticism, BP! To be honest, I was kinda pissed that all that other people posted here was either advertisement or full-fledged praise... again, thanks a lot!
kk, np :)