Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 9 posts ]

sure I can post some music too!Topic%20Title

Since some other composers here were posting music, I figured I'd contribute something or other.

Cross-Examination ~ Moderato 20X6
Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 20X6
Cross-Examination ~ Presto 20X6

In 2011, caught up in the excitement for "Ace Attorney Investigations 2", I tried my hand at making some Ace Attorney style Cross-Examination themes.

Then Capcom were Capcom and didn't bring the game stateside and I kinda forgot about these.

...in 2013, caught up in the excitement for "Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies", I finished those Ace Attorney style Cross-Examination themes. Hooray!

(Before you use these for whatever purpose, please ask for permission first. I'll probably say yes.)

Last edited by Hinchy on Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: sure I can post some music too!Topic%20Title

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Spoiler:

Those links need to be fixed.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

fixed!

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Oh man, those sounds pretty damn good for fanmade music.
The Moderate/Allegro didn't sound like what I would expect to hear from an Ace Attorney game. However, they sounded unique and pretty catchy! You should totally make an OST of fanmade music, you have some great talent!
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

It's clear you have good composition skills, but there's three things I've noticed from your tracks that prevented me from enjoying it:

1. You use your synths poorly, and they don't complement the rest of your overpowering "real" instruments well. The tracks sound like they're having a battle trying to be a cross between a video game music, or some 80's movie soundtrack xP. Your third track is the best example of this, as this track sounds like it came from a high quality version of Monster RPG (for iOS/PC)

2. Semitones/Pitches of the overall sound. I don't know why a bunch of fancomposers have this trend of doing this, but your piano instruments (and overall sound) are too much leaning to the "high pitch" spectrum. Because of this, it just sounds like some kiddy music that does not capture the original atmosphere of the AA games at all.

3. It could be just my crap headphones, but it's either because your instruments are all high quality, or you have applied reverb to the entire track. One thing's for certain, *everything*, esp. the drums/bassline going on (I think), is pretty loud. This isn't a big deal though, as number 1 and 2 are the ones you should be really concerned about.

Hope this helps you improve.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Pretty sick sound! :D
I really love the Cross-Examination. Very memorable. Allegro might be a little too "Tech-y" in comparison to usual Ace Attorney music, but it's very cool nonetheless.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Got distorted by the vodka something idk

Well, you clearly do have good composition talent, the only piece I really enjoyed was the allegro one.

Don't call me Shirley

My favourite is the presto theme, IMO it's the most coherent and polished piece. I also find the allegro vastly superior to the moderato, the arrangement really change the track for the best ! One small complaint would be that the intro is excellent, but the rest doesn't really live up to it and is a bit more predictable. Thank you for posting it :klavier:

The same way everything in AJ had a "magic" feel, all of this has a very "tech" feel as others have mentioned. To be honest, I don't like your Moderato theme that much as a Moderato theme. It's too fast when it should be more, "Let's put the pieces together" kind of slow, deliberate pace.

I do LOVE your Allegro and Presto themes, though
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix