Board index » Present Evidence » Remix

Page 1 of 1[ 7 posts ]

Advice on making music?Topic%20Title

Oh right, this was a thing.

So I've decided to have another go at making a testimony theme. This time, I actually have an idea of what I want to make.
I used Minecraft Note Block Studio for the following test, so it's a pretty rough outline.
http://kiwi6.com/file/oevyliocz5
The piano that comes in the second verse (I guess you could call it that... I can't music terms ;~; ) could potentially be a violin or some similar instrument.
Do you have any suggestions for any free software I could use to make my music with?
~UltrawaveStudios~
Re: Advice on making music?Topic%20Title

Just a cute lil' bun-bun

If you want to stick to MIDI production, I personally use Anvil Studio (to compose the MIDI) and SynthFont (to post-process the track and actually select the instruments I want in the final versions). You'll need .sf2 files for that though, but once you find ones you find good enough, you're good to go.

I am in the process of switching to FL Studio since now my computer can run it for some reason, but before I do move 100% to that I will upload a tutorial on Ace Attorney Online on how to use Anvil Studio and SynthFont, so I can link you to it once it's done if you're interested.

The first DAW that I used was Music Creator 6. Since a while back I've switched over to Sonar X3, which is really good imo. If you'd want to use a professional DAW in the future like Sonar, I'd recommend Music Creator 6 since its interface is pretty similar to Sonar X3s. :phoenix:

Oh right, this was a thing.

Before all of you replied to this, I finished up the song. Although I still used Note Block Studio, and then changed the instruments using Solmire.com.
https://soundcloud.com/ultrawave-studio ... torney-ost
This is where all the music I make will be posted. Have a listen and tell me what you think. :)
~UltrawaveStudios~

UltrawaveStudios wrote:
Before all of you replied to this, I finished up the song. Although I still used Note Block Studio, and then changed the instruments using Solmire.com.
https://soundcloud.com/ultrawave-studio ... torney-ost
This is where all the music I make will be posted. Have a listen and tell me what you think. :)

The instruments don't sound very good, especially not the violin. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MIDI sounding instruments, but these just didn't sound very good to me. As for the actual composition, I do like it. The only downside comparing the themes is that I feel like they are too similar. They have the same problem that the Cross Examination themes in Dual Destinies had imo. I like the moderato one and you've hit the Ace Attorney feel spot on, it's just that I feel like the Allegro one was a missed opportunity tbh.

One thing that can make it easier to distinguish them is to get a proper DAW so that you can do proper mixing.

I hope I didn't give you too much criticism. Keep up the good work! :phoenix:

Last edited by Wobblah on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexander James

FL Studio for everything.
Don't forget to get the ASIO4ALL and use it for FL Studio for better performance :)

Replace the Violin with Piano or Music Box. The Violin is a bit stiff and it has a strong attack, which doesn't seem to fit the suspenseful feeling of the song. It would sound better with a Music Box, or a Piano. :basil:
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

Personally I use Guitar Pro 5 for all my compositions, but it's only easier to do if you're mainly a guitarist and used to reading tabs. I couldn't grab the file for some reason, but I'd like to give you my input if it eventually works.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Remix