Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.
Gender: None specified
Location: Travelling the Pokemon World
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am
I'm seriously giving up on trying to have decent interactions with my father. Mostly because:
1) Everything happens, because I am "dramatic". I know I can be sometimes, but it is like he uses this against me every single time we disagree. Nothing I say is valid (in any situation you can imagine) because I am "dramatic". Even when I am saying something that is true, he will use this against me.
2) I hate how he is passive and just accept everything that happens in life, instead of putting effort into changing things. "Oh, yeah, this is how it is". I hate this shit. He never supports me when I make a decision that involves changing my reality drastically, or the reality around me, because he apparently doesn't understand how some people have enough willpower to change their circumstances. I am just "whimsical" and "stubborn". I think he is short-sighted. Even when I try to help HIM, motivate HIM, he is just like "oh, yeah...". Always this fucked up pessimism.
3) Our communication sucks. I always feel he is not being direct, and that bothers me. It is like I have to solve a puzzle or something to understand what he really means when he says something.
4) When I don't show emotion, he says I am rude/cold. So I just don't have a way out in this one: I'm apparently either this crazed dramatic person, or a cold, arrogant primadonna. I don't show emotion around him anymore because I don't want to give him more ammunition to call me "dramatic".
5) I don't really see the point in living life like he does. All this passivity, this conformism, this lack of will. I can't stress how much I am averse to that. The apathy too. Fucksake, don't stand there with this face. Say something, scream, show anger. Anything, at least for once. How can someone be like this?
Geez, he's worse than a Disney Princess! How can anyone live like that? And how can anyone even BELIEVE you're those things just because you disagree with anything they say. At least your dad can't really beat you or drag you down because he's too passive, conformist, pessimistic and with all the apathy and lack of will to try to defeat you. If you keep going the way you're going and not change, he won't win. It's just like the containertag.js thing - it might be nasty malware but it only wins if you click "Save" or "Save As." Your dad will only win if you change who you are just to impress him. Just ignore him. And not showing emotion isn't rude either! It only is kind of cold if a close relative died or something! Your dad needs to get a life! You're not the one at fault, you're in the right. Just don't let him phase you.
Southern Corn (SC) wrote:
I just hate it when people on bikes during traffic jams use the sidewalk to drive through. That's where the pedestrians walk,you dummies!
I always use the footpath to ride my bike anyway, but I'm always giving way to pedestrians (if I can). There are hardly any bicycle lanes where I live - just one that turns into a pull-over bay for cars before the cyclists have a chance to get onto somewhere safer. I try to stay off the roads because it's a lot safer and drivers don't just swing out into the centre of the road. One thing that really frustrated me was when one day I was on the very side of the road due to a lack of footpaths when turning into school and this driver tooted the horn at me and shouted something I didn't understand (something along the lines of "GET OFF THE ROAD!") and yet the next day I was riding down the hill on the footpath and I slowed down to avoid hitting a pedestrian and she told me I should be on the road and I would get arrested for riding on the footpath. Well, where am I SUPPOSED
to ride, huh? MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!! DO YOU WANT ME ON THE ROAD OR THE FOOTPATH?! It seems like we cyclists at the bottom of the road's pecking order!