Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 33 of 34[ 1344 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 


Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 407

Milky wrote:
I don't know what's wrong with me lately... I've been vomiting like crazy and not because I'm sick. It was all self induced. I'm scared to develop this habit. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know why I'm doing this.

You should see someone about it. Maybe you should try developing another, better habit... But I don't know what to do about it either.

Sometimes I feel like everyone just wants me to be submissive and obedient and to just shut up and behave myself all the time. And it really bugs me how some people even want to play god with me. I was playing a shoot-em-up game with someone and they kept saying that I missed, even when I clearly got them at point blank simply because I "have terrible aim" or that I "ran out of ammo." I hate it when people are like that!
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

TRUMP!! What the SHIT are you spewing out of your shithole you call mouth NOW? Just...! Uuuurgh! Please, STOP. TALKING. Altogether. Every time you open your mouth, worse stuff comes out and... Just never talk again. Do everyone a favor. And shut up. Biggest and best favor would be if you decided to stop being president, but I know that won't happen. Only way to get you out of that spot is through the actions of others.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Nineth Lion

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3816

What happened this time?
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

CatMuto wrote:
TRUMP!! What the SHIT are you spewing out of your shithole you call mouth NOW? Just...! Uuuurgh! Please, STOP. TALKING. Altogether. Every time you open your mouth, worse stuff comes out and... Just never talk again. Do everyone a favor. And shut up. Biggest and best favor would be if you decided to stop being president, but I know that won't happen. Only way to get you out of that spot is through the actions of others.

C-A


You'd probably need to steal his heart for that, but the Palace would span the country.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Socot wrote:
What happened this time?


Isn't it sad that this is the first reaction when hearing Trump's name? Cause that's what I think whenever Trump's name is brought up as a topic on the news.

Anyway, there was the right-extremist that ran through a crowd of demonstrators and killed a woman in Charlottesville. Trump's first public reaction to this was vague and he refused to call it what it was: in-land terrorism. Even people from his own party called it that and were appalled that he side-stepped it so much. Two days later, he was pretty much FORCED to give a 'better' reaction speech and used the proper names.
Now, he decided to bring it up again when it wasn't part of the topic and he said blame for that lay on both sides.

Yeah, I want him to say that directly into the face of the family of the woman who died. And the families of those that were injured. Their fault for being injured by someone who doesn't tolerate other opinions. How dare they think differently to people who are new-era Nazis?

Of course, I personally think that he isn't calling it what it is because then people realize what a hypocrite he is cause he thinks the way 'those people' do and calling them out would be basically holding up a mirror to himself and saying that his ways are wrong. (But I think a lot of people are realizing that from his initial response to this, anyway)

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1580

CatMuto wrote:
Socot wrote:
What happened this time?


Isn't it sad that this is the first reaction when hearing Trump's name? Cause that's what I think whenever Trump's name is brought up as a topic on the news.

Anyway, there was the right-extremist that ran through a crowd of demonstrators and killed a woman in Charlottesville. Trump's first public reaction to this was vague and he refused to call it what it was: in-land terrorism. Even people from his own party called it that and were appalled that he side-stepped it so much. Two days later, he was pretty much FORCED to give a 'better' reaction speech and used the proper names.
Now, he decided to bring it up again when it wasn't part of the topic and he said blame for that lay on both sides.

Yeah, I want him to say that directly into the face of the family of the woman who died. And the families of those that were injured. Their fault for being injured by someone who doesn't tolerate other opinions. How dare they think differently to people who are new-era Nazis?

Of course, I personally think that he isn't calling it what it is because then people realize what a hypocrite he is cause he thinks the way 'those people' do and calling them out would be basically holding up a mirror to himself and saying that his ways are wrong. (But I think a lot of people are realizing that from his initial response to this, anyway)

C-A

I leave the country for one week and when I come back, I find this.
Honestly, US political affairs these past months just feels like it was written by the creators of South Park, except they forgot to include any semblance of a joke.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Socot wrote:
What happened this time?


Isn't it sad that this is the first reaction when hearing Trump's name? Cause that's what I think whenever Trump's name is brought up as a topic on the news.

Anyway, there was the right-extremist that ran through a crowd of demonstrators and killed a woman in Charlottesville. Trump's first public reaction to this was vague and he refused to call it what it was: in-land terrorism. Even people from his own party called it that and were appalled that he side-stepped it so much. Two days later, he was pretty much FORCED to give a 'better' reaction speech and used the proper names.
Now, he decided to bring it up again when it wasn't part of the topic and he said blame for that lay on both sides.

Yeah, I want him to say that directly into the face of the family of the woman who died. And the families of those that were injured. Their fault for being injured by someone who doesn't tolerate other opinions. How dare they think differently to people who are new-era Nazis?

Of course, I personally think that he isn't calling it what it is because then people realize what a hypocrite he is cause he thinks the way 'those people' do and calling them out would be basically holding up a mirror to himself and saying that his ways are wrong. (But I think a lot of people are realizing that from his initial response to this, anyway)

C-A

I leave the country for one week and when I come back, I find this.
Honestly, US political affairs these past months just feels like it was written by the creators of South Park, except they forgot to include any semblance of a joke.


What's concerning for me is in how nothing he does seems to dissuade his supporters. If his constant preaching about how the news can't be trusted and how people should only listen to him keeps being eaten up then it's a mighty grim future for those "swing" states.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4091

I know the election ended a while ago, but please be careful what you say.
Image
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Quote:
the creators of South Park, except they forgot to include any semblance of a joke.


South Park has jokes? :will:

Quote:
I know the election ended a while ago, but please be careful what you say.


Don't worry, General. I always keep that in mind when I do happen to talk about politics.

Quote:
What's concerning for me is in how nothing he does seems to dissuade his supporters. If his constant preaching about how the news can't be trusted and how people should only listen to him keeps being eaten up then it's a mighty grim future for those "swing" states.


The weird thing is, he claims the news portrays him falsely and they should only listen to what he says... and the news are showing unedited footage of Trump, himself, talking into a microphone and saying exactly what he is saying... So... one of them is lying. And I don't think it's the news.

The only 'funny' thing I can see now is that even his own party can't stand him anymore.
And yet nobody is actually trying to do anything.
I am reminded of what Dumbledore says to Fudge at the end of the The Goblet Of Fire: "[...] refuse to act, and you will be remembered - in office and out - as the Minister for Magic that stepped aside and allowed Voldemort to cause terror a second time."
Yeah, yeah, not saying Trump is Voldemort, but it overall feels similar to that scene.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

I think it's a difficult choice for them because as abhorrent as Trump may be its like their biggest political win in ages and they are loathe to act against it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3398

>No Phoenix Wright in the new MvC
>The last nail in the AA coffin.
>Nothing new will ever have Maya in it again
It hurts to live.

We'll always have PL vs PW


I'm sad
More sad than usual

I think should sleep now

goodnight
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 192

Quote:
What's concerning for me is in how nothing he does seems to dissuade his supporters. If his constant preaching about how the news can't be trusted and how people should only listen to him keeps being eaten up then it's a mighty grim future for those "swing" states.

i mean at least he didn't say that he was glad that someone was shot
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

Mister Gruel wrote:
Quote:
What's concerning for me is in how nothing he does seems to dissuade his supporters. If his constant preaching about how the news can't be trusted and how people should only listen to him keeps being eaten up then it's a mighty grim future for those "swing" states.

i mean at least he didn't say that he was glad that someone was shot


Can't load up your video just yet but don't think that really excuses him? Highlighting worse things doesn't make a bad thing ok.

Also there's plenty of times I'd be happy to hear someone was shot.
Some pretty good cases of European Police shutting down and capturing terrorists with a well placed shot.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4091

Mister Gruel wrote:
i mean at least he didn't say that he was glad that someone was shot

Yeah, I can't say I'm happy with people like that; I might lean to the left on most issues, but I can't in good conscience advocate violence against the opposition. The focus of this conversation might be on the murder in Charlottesville rather than the shooting of Representative Scalise, but that doesn't excuse Mr. Montag's statement.

The President's statement wasn't false, but a lot of the negative reactions to it are a matter of Nazis and white supremacists generally being viewed as far worse than the people who fought them. Simply put, by trying to call out both sides, President Trump (hopefully unintentionally) came off as either portraying them as equally reprehensible or trying to downplay just how horrible Nazism and white supremacy are. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to chalk these things up to poor wording rather than Trump seeing Nazis and white supremacists as "that one ally you hate, but whose help you desperately need," let alone Trump actually agreeing with their views and only condemning them to retain Republican support (I don't think he's an honest-to-goodness Nazi and/or white supremacist, but this whole debacle is weakening that viewpoint).

This past year has really brought to the surface some unpleasant elements on both sides, so I can see where Trump was coming from even if his wording had room for improvement. I don't say that to excuse the actions of either side, either. I mean, I might find Antifa preferable to Nazis and white supremacists on an ideological level (though even that isn't saying much, considering that I'm not an anarchist), but their approach to "fighting fascism" is nothing more than a mild form of terrorism in my eyes. The only violence I'm willing to excuse is defensive violence (i. e. protecting oneself and/or others), and I doubt that accounts for more than a tiny fraction of what Antifa engages in, to say nothing of the kinds of atrocities Nazis and white supremacists are known for committing. A big mess in my neighbor's yard doesn't excuse the smaller mess in mine.

Such is our two-party system, I suppose; the extremists on either side despise the other side so much that they'll readily rally behind anyone they see as an acceptable ally against the other side. While there are third parties that hold more extreme views, our electoral system works in such a way that most people, including the extremists, find it easier to promote their cause through a major party that agrees with them a little than through a minor party that agrees with them on just about everything. As such, the Republicans are stuck with white supremacists and Nazis seeing them as an ally against the left, no matter how much Republicans in general wish they'd just go away. I'd like it if we just broke up both major political parties and then adopted an electoral system that didn't encourage a two-party system. Mixed-member proportional comes to mind as far as Congress is concerned.
Image
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Pierre wrote:
Also there's plenty of times I'd be happy to hear someone was shot.
Some pretty good cases of European Police shutting down and capturing terrorists with a well placed shot.


I can see what you mean, but it goes against the entire point of the justice system. With them dead, they cannot stand trial for their actions anymore. It's kind of like the death penalty for me - okay, they can't do it again when they're dead, but what's the point of killing them? That won't do anything for the dead people or their families.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Also there's plenty of times I'd be happy to hear someone was shot.
Some pretty good cases of European Police shutting down and capturing terrorists with a well placed shot.


I can see what you mean, but it goes against the entire point of the justice system. With them dead, they cannot stand trial for their actions anymore. It's kind of like the death penalty for me - okay, they can't do it again when they're dead, but what's the point of killing them? That won't do anything for the dead people or their families.

C-A


Didn't really mean kill necessarily.

I mean the recent Barcelona Car attack was what came to mind. Heard they shot the guy in the leg and took him into custody and hospital. Was also meaning if it's preventative, like a while back where there were terrorists running amok with knives in London where they needed to be stopped by force or else it would keep getting worse.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Nineth Lion

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3816

Politics aside...

Today's been a long day for me. Last night I was feeling feverish. I took my meds and tried to get some rest. I woke up a bit better, but the fever worsened. I had to pay a visit to the hospital, get better meds, and took a blood test. It was rather overwhelming. Thankfully, the temperature has gone down quite a bit and now I'm a bit better. Still a pain to have only one normal hand.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 192

Pierre wrote:
Also there's plenty of times I'd be happy to hear someone was shot.
Some pretty good cases of European Police shutting down and capturing terrorists with a well placed shot.

the victim in question was a republican congressman, shot by a radical leftist

General Luigi wrote:
Simply put, by trying to call out both sides, President Trump (hopefully unintentionally) came off as either portraying them as equally reprehensible or trying to downplay just how horrible Nazism and white supremacy are.

besides the fact that my take on Trump's statement leans towards the former while yours seems to lean towards the latter, I pretty much agree with your main points about antifa and nazis
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 407

FINALLY! I got my Windows 10 tablet fixed about a week ago, because it was constantly getting the Blue Screen of Death. HOPEFULLY it won't do it again. It could have been that the system files were messed up because of update failure.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

Mister Gruel wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Also there's plenty of times I'd be happy to hear someone was shot.
Some pretty good cases of European Police shutting down and capturing terrorists with a well placed shot.

the victim in question was a republican congressman, shot by a radical leftist

General Luigi wrote:
Simply put, by trying to call out both sides, President Trump (hopefully unintentionally) came off as either portraying them as equally reprehensible or trying to downplay just how horrible Nazism and white supremacy are.

besides the fact that my take on Trump's statement leans towards the former while yours seems to lean towards the latter, I pretty much agree with your main points about antifa and nazis


Yeah I remember hearing about that last month I want to say? Done during some baseball match right?

The way I see it it's either Donald Trump made a bit of a blundering goof in how he handled it with the equally reprehensible argument or he was actually leaning more towards the white supremacy side. At first I'd figured that yes, he was just an honest goof when he made the second statement calling out the supremacists. I figured he'd spoken quickly and without thinking and once people had pointed out how it had looked he adjusted for it. Then when he actually went back and asserted about the "fine people" standing shoulder to shoulder with the neo-nazi's is when I figured he was actually on their side.

I mean yes if free speech is truly free then everyone has their right to say what they like but the right to swing your fist stops at my face and I believe that should hold true for verbal slander as well. If all you are using your free speech to do is incite hate, prejudice and rhetoric on other people then I don't really feel they should get a podium for it or be defended when people are unhappy with what they have to say.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 192

Pierre wrote:
Then when he actually went back and asserted about the "fine people" standing shoulder to shoulder with the neo-nazi's is when I figured he was actually on their side.

My only source of news was NPR for the past week, but the exact quote had something to do with nonviolent protestors getting caught up with the neo-nazi protestors, right? I personally believe that nonviolent protestors can get mixed in with violent protestors, the same way that I think that nonviolent leftist protestors can get mixed in with people like this (sorry about the title).

Quote:
If all you are using your free speech to do is incite hate, prejudice and rhetoric on other people then I don't really feel they should get a podium for it or be defended when people are unhappy with what they have to say.

When you say "it," are you referring to one's right to freedom of speech? I want to be clear so that I don't make a wrong assumption based on wording.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

Mister Gruel wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Then when he actually went back and asserted about the "fine people" standing shoulder to shoulder with the neo-nazi's is when I figured he was actually on their side.

My only source of news was NPR for the past week, but the exact quote had something to do with nonviolent protestors getting caught up with the neo-nazi protestors, right? I personally believe that nonviolent protestors can get mixed in with violent protestors, the same way that I think that nonviolent leftist protestors can get mixed in with people like this (sorry about the title).

Quote:
If all you are using your free speech to do is incite hate, prejudice and rhetoric on other people then I don't really feel they should get a podium for it or be defended when people are unhappy with what they have to say.

When you say "it," are you referring to one's right to freedom of speech? I want to be clear so that I don't make a wrong assumption based on wording.



Well my hope would be that once the non-violent protestors see what has happened as a result of their protest they would do something to separate themselves from such groups. They would condemn those protesting alongside them. I would hope they would call out the opportunistic white nationalists, neo-nazis and KKK members who jumped on to their cause and seek to distance themselves from them. However since the incident I've heard no high-profile denouncement of these groups by any groups of non-violent protestors to back this up which to me indicates that even the protestors genuinely there to protect the statue were tolerant and accepted the evil elements of their group. In saying nothing about it, people can't separate them from the villains they stood beside. Donald Trump may have been right in that there were some non-nationalist, history lovers there to protect a confederate statue but in saying nothing about it it condemns those people to be just as bad as those they stood beside.

It's like when alt-right groups openly endorsed Donald Trump in his run up to the election and he did little to say he didn't want their support. In saying nothing it makes them look worse and so the 'fine people' who stood with the Nazis and KKK lower themselves to their level by failing to disassociate with their comrades.

If you knowingly stand alongside Nazis and KKK in protest then you are not 'fine people'

Ergo

No 'fine people' can stand knowingly alongside Nazis and KKK in protest.


Also I was referring to hateful beliefs with the "it"
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 192

Pierre wrote:
However since the incident I've heard no high-profile denouncement of these groups by any groups of non-violent protestors to back this up

No high-profile denouncement... Except from Donald Trump himself, who denounced the radical violent protestors. If you were unsatisfied with the president's denouncement of the protestors, that's your opinion, but he did, in fact, denounce them (not to mention that Trump's condemnation of the violent protestors was about on par with Bernie Sander's condemnation of the Scalise shooter).

Your use of the phrase "these groups" makes me wonder if you think that the right has an actual organization of protest groups, similar to Antifa or BLM, but to the best of my knowledge, this isn't the case. I haven't heard much of an apology from BLM for ransacking Baltimore a few years ago, nor have I heard an apology from anyone about messing with that one guy in the video I linked, but I don't assume that all leftist protestors are vandals and thugs.

Thanks for the clarification on the wording, that makes more sense.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

Mister Gruel wrote:
Pierre wrote:
However since the incident I've heard no high-profile denouncement of these groups by any groups of non-violent protestors to back this up

No high-profile denouncement... Except from Donald Trump himself, who denounced the radical violent protestors. If you were unsatisfied with the president's denouncement of the protestors, that's your opinion, but he did, in fact, denounce them (not to mention that Trump's condemnation of the violent protestors was about on par with Bernie Sander's condemnation of the Scalise shooter).

Your use of the phrase "these groups" makes me wonder if you think that the right has an actual organization of protest groups, similar to Antifa or BLM, but to the best of my knowledge, this isn't the case. I haven't heard much of an apology from BLM for ransacking Baltimore a few years ago, nor have I heard an apology from anyone about messing with that one guy in the video I linked, but I don't assume that all leftist protestors are vandals and thugs.

Thanks for the clarification on the wording, that makes more sense.


I think you missed something when you quoted me. I specified that there were no groups that denounced it from the protestors, I'm aware of Donald Trumps denouncement although it feels forced and he's recently went back on it somewhat with the statement he issues the next day.

And yes, even if it's not a group I would expect people in the protest to come out and denounce the Nazis and KKK who supposedly hijacked their protest. If even on a personal level. When the Nazis and KKK back your cause you need to step back and reassess it since those ideals run contrary to modern western values.

It still stands for me that if there were fine people on the pro-statue side of that protest then they should have made themselves apparent and separated from the group. No fine people stand alongside Nazis and KKK so Donald Trumps statement about this possibility is either wrong or conveys a very favourable image of the Nazis.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 192

Pierre wrote:

I think you missed something when you quoted me. I specified that there were no groups that denounced it from the protestors, I'm aware of Donald Trumps denouncement although it feels forced and he's recently went back on it somewhat with the statement he issues the next day.

I'm glad that you admit that he gave a denouncement, even if you thought that it was forced. By that logic, you'd probably find Sander's apology earlier in the year forced. For me, personally, I thought that both denouncements were genuine. As for what I missed, I meant to address it in the second part of my post.

Pierre wrote:
And yes, even if it's not a group I would expect people in the protest to come out and denounce the Nazis and KKK who supposedly hijacked their protest. If even on a personal level. When the Nazis and KKK back your cause you need to step back and reassess it since those ideals run contrary to modern western values.

Well I'm sorry but I haven't had the chance to talk to any Charlottesville protestors to hear their apology. In fact, I don't think that most people have had that opportunity. And, on a personal level, I have reassessed my views and concluded that, even if extremists are backing it, they don't run contrary to modern western values. Just as I expect the other side to assess and conclude that their views aren't the same as the BLM thugs, violent leftist protestors and shooters.

Quote:
It still stands for me that if there were fine people on the pro-statue side of that protest then they should have made themselves apparent and separated from the group. No fine people stand alongside Nazis and KKK so Donald Trumps statement about this possibility is either wrong or conveys a very favourable image of the Nazis.

Well unfortunately we won't have a chance to talk to those individual protestors. To say that no fine people stand alongside Nazis and KKK members is to say that no fine people stand alongside thugs and assault perpetrators. My point being that it would be hypocritical to condemn one side and not the other. I personally believe that peaceful protestors can get mixed up with extremists, no matter what end of the spectrum they stand on.

EDIT: had the name of the town as Charleston. Which is especially confusing since we had that other shooting in a place actually called Charleston.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

I hate it when people want me to make plans for anything beyond a few days. I have no plans for the future right now. I can't make any. I'm trying my best to take it one day at a time. I have no grounds for any future plans going on.

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Nineth Lion

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3816

Tried to get my medical certificate today. Doctor was sick.

A friend joked that I broke the doctor.

It really isn't that funny to me considering my week long leave won't be accepted at this rate.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Enigma

Gender: Female

Location: Beneath the Shrine of Seals

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:28 am

Posts: 1636

Analyzing poetry is my least favorite thing to do my English classes. I love poetry, but for some reason I can't seem to grasp the hidden meanings. The point the writer is trying to make is all lost on me :/
Image
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Nineth Lion

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3816

Sometimes even the messages can be pretty badly delivered. I read Voice of the Rain by Walt Whitman a while back and I disliked the part in parenthesises where he added a footnote comparing the rain to music iirc. Not only was the comparison stilted, it felt like a weird author's note added posthumously because they forgot to made a stanza about that.

As a part time poet myself, I often skip the trouble and make my poems fairly straightforward. I always focus on keeping the rhyme scheme and meter consistent and such. Keeping rules and limitations for yourself is the best part of writing imo.

Analysing literature though is a whole 'nother ball game. Especially Shakespeare.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Enigma

Gender: Female

Location: Beneath the Shrine of Seals

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:28 am

Posts: 1636

True. Like the meaning just gets lost in obscurity, or whatever was going on at the time in the author's life that no one really knows about, save for the author himself.

And, well, I also have a learning disability and reading comprehension is something I've always had trouble with. It's gotten better, but sometimes I still struggle when it comes to analyzing. I just fail to pick up on the deeper meanings. That said, I like to think that poetry, especially freeverse, can be interpreted however you want. To an extent, that is.
Image
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Nineth Lion

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3816

Well, this certainly is infuriating.

I had a good laugh at first. Then I realised someone was paid to write that.

I really should join Buzzfeed if their standards are this low.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Bramimond wrote:
It's gotten better, but sometimes I still struggle when it comes to analyzing. I just fail to pick up on the deeper meanings.


Ahahaha. I want a writing analysis class to grab one of my random stories (like, Tales of Symphonia Randomness) and try to analyze that. There is no deeper meaning in that! :will:

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Nineth Lion

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3816

CatMuto wrote:
Bramimond wrote:
It's gotten better, but sometimes I still struggle when it comes to analyzing. I just fail to pick up on the deeper meanings.


Ahahaha. I want a writing analysis class to grab one of my random stories (like, Tales of Symphonia Randomness) and try to analyze that. There is no deeper meaning in that! :will:

C-A

Or really, in most fanfics tbh.

imagine trying to analyse some of my earlier work oh god
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7323

CatMuto wrote:
Bramimond wrote:
It's gotten better, but sometimes I still struggle when it comes to analyzing. I just fail to pick up on the deeper meanings.


Ahahaha. I want a writing analysis class to grab one of my random stories (like, Tales of Symphonia Randomness) and try to analyze that. There is no deeper meaning in that! :will:

C-A


I've been thinking that as well, it would be interesting to see what they'd dig up considering when I've written poems, my way to go on about it has mostly been to mash words and phrases together, often in pretty nonsensical ways because I like how it sounds or it creates interesting images in my head. And sometimes I wonder how many famous poets did similar things and now teachers look the fools for makng their students try to dig up some true, underlying meaning behind it. Like how people tried to solve the lyrics to "The Riddle" by Nik Kershaw and then he was like nah, those were just placeholder lyrics we created on a whim to fit with the melody and then we decided to leave them in the actual song, there is no hidden message.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Nineth Lion

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3816

I've been rereading through some of my old posts (not on this forum mind you) and oh god. I was so immature back then. It's been what, five years since then. There was definitely some disonance between me and others, partly due to different cultures clashing and also due to my general introvertedness. It also doesn't help that I was overly sensitive.

The worst part is I can still see some parts of that immaturity in me today. I always try to correct and improve myself nowadays so that that little part disappears but I'm not sure if it works. I also word my posts rather delicately to prevent any arguments from occurring. Ever since I've discovered the Internet, I've been both fascinated and frightened by it. The veil of anonymity means that debates can be rather uncivil so if I sense the tiniest spark of a potential argument I always try to reword or correct myself. This has slowly made me borderline paranoid over the years about what I post. Hell, this type of paranoia still persists within me to this day, even in real life.

I always feel afraid over what I post and try to think twice, and I feel ashamed of myself for this. Should I be this insecure over such minute details, I ask myself. I still don't really have an answer. I try to hide these but deep, down, this irrational fear still resides. After nearly getting into an argument today (I feel) I just feel confused. Should I be honest to myself? Or is it better not to be so scared all the time?

The sad thing is I know I won't answer this. I'll just forget about it tomorrow and try to enjoy the day because I'm too afraid to confront my inner demons. It's pathetic that I'm even making such mountains out of molehills, but there you go.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am

Posts: 833

I can relate a bit because I'm easily ashamed, too. But you care too much about what other people think. Internet people.

Not saying you should not care about others, but you are only responsible for what you actually say. You aren't responsible for people's interpretations of what you say, and you aren't responsible for people's exaggerated emotional reactions to what you say. If you let this paranoia control what you post, you are never going to express your opinions authentically on any forum. This kind of worry is just not worth it.
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1580

Thelema wrote:
If you let this paranoia control what you post, you are never going to express your opinions authentically on any forum. This kind of worry is just not worth it.

I can confirm this. I've had several posts I wanted to make here and other places on the Internet that I never got around to making because I just erased them out of a similar paranoia. They may not all have been meaningful posts, and some of them probably shouldn't be posted at all, but I'd rather slip up a few times than not say anything at all.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Nineth Lion

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3816

Thelema wrote:
I can relate a bit because I'm easily ashamed, too. But you care too much about what other people think. Internet people.

Not saying you should not care about others, but you are only responsible for what you actually say. You aren't responsible for people's interpretations of what you say, and you aren't responsible for people's exaggerated emotional reactions to what you say. If you let this paranoia control what you post, you are never going to express your opinions authentically on any forum. This kind of worry is just not worth it.

Yeah, I do agree with you. I think I'm just letting my aversion to arguments in general take control of me. I just want to avoid misunderstandings but at the same time I feel like I'm overthinking it.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

AFD has gotten 13% during the election.
WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE!?

C-A
Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

CatMuto wrote:
AFD has gotten 13% during the election.
WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE!?

C-A


AFD?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 33 of 34 [ 1344 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO