Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 2 of 4[ 133 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Food and CookingTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Lunaria42 wrote:
I'm good at cooking different egg dishes, bacon in the oven, and sautéing vegetables.

My favorite egg dishes are quiches (sans crusts so really a frittata if you want to be ultra correct) and shirred (baked) eggs. I like to bake individual eggs in muffin tins instead of boiling them.

Hmm how would you bake an egg and what's it like?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Moving on up!

Pierre wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:
I'm good at cooking different egg dishes, bacon in the oven, and sautéing vegetables.

My favorite egg dishes are quiches (sans crusts so really a frittata if you want to be ultra correct) and shirred (baked) eggs. I like to bake individual eggs in muffin tins instead of boiling them.

It depends on what style you like. Sometimes I just crack an egg in each tin, add a little salt and pepper, and pour a small amount of milk or cream over the yolks (prevents drying out too bad). Then you bake them for 20-30 min. depending on your oven and the temperature.

I overcook mine a bit out of paranoia, but it doesn't taste bad. To me it's very much like a boiled egg, but without the pain in the ass peeling of the eggs. I've even done them with a partially cooked piece of bacon in each tin, so it's like a little egg basket. You can scramble mix the eggs up like scrambled eggs as well. I have some pictures, I'll try to get them uploaded and I'll post them (yes, I'm dork that takes pictures of things she's cooked).
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Gettin' Old!

Lunaria42 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Lunaria42 wrote:

It depends on what style you like. Sometimes I just crack an egg in each tin, add a little salt and pepper, and pour a small amount of milk or cream over the yolks (prevents drying out too bad). Then you bake them for 20-30 min. depending on your oven and the temperature.

I overcook mine a bit out of paranoia, but it doesn't taste bad. To me it's very much like a boiled egg, but without the pain in the ass peeling of the eggs. I've even done them with a partially cooked piece of bacon in each tin, so it's like a little egg basket. You can scramble mix the eggs up like scrambled eggs as well. I have some pictures, I'll try to get them uploaded and I'll post them (yes, I'm dork that takes pictures of things she's cooked).

Man sounds kinda awesome though what kinda tins do you use...like little cake tins?
I imagine it would just get messy if I used a baking tray but of the few commodities in my house for lunch eggs are one of the most plentiful so anyway to spice it up would be nice.

CR Kitchen Society go!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Moving on up!

Pierre wrote:
Man sounds kinda awesome though what kinda tins do you use...like little cake tins?
I imagine it would just get messy if I used a baking tray but of the few commodities in my house for lunch eggs are one of the most plentiful so anyway to spice it up would be nice.

CR Kitchen Society go!

Yeah, cupcake/muffin tins.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

Let's get this party started.

I want pointers from the person who can make the perfect cheesecake. Not too soft, but not too tough either. I haven't found the perfect median yet, it's proven a little difficult.
Previously Amabile Vendetta.
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for my avatar!

I can cook a decent meal, but I'm a very picky eater, so the variety in my cooking is somewhat limited.
Some things I like I can't cook (shashlik, for example), but there are some things I daresay I'm pretty good at, like elder(berry) soup, braised white cabbage (one of my favorite foods) or rice with ground meat and three colors of bell peppers. I enjoy baking more than cooking, though. (Unfortunately never made cheese cake, sorry @Volt January. I'm best at making sponge cake or cookies.)

My childhood right here

I can cook anything using the toaster and the microwave. I can make soup and ramen noodles. I can make scrambled eggs (with just a little bit of butter, and assloads of pepper. Mmmmmm), and I THOUGHT I could make a sandwich, until I used rancid ham, making me doubt my sandwich-making abilities. But I'm fucking terrified of the oven and the grill. I've jumped 30 feet into a shallow, rocky stream without a second thought, but I can't put a pizza in the oven, much less pull it out.

earthlings on fire

Yeah really. I can do pretty much any task except when I have to pull things out of the oven, I get concerned. XD Last year working at a restaurant I had to take bread out of the oven and it was terrifying, not to mention occasionally painful (burns! D: )
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

My childhood right here

Cravat of Doom wrote:
Yeah really. I can do pretty much any task except when I have to pull things out of the oven, I get concerned. XD Last year working at a restaurant I had to take bread out of the oven and it was terrifying, not to mention occasionally painful (burns! D: )

I always make sure to wear oven mitts on BOTH hands before going NEAR my oven D:

Gettin' Old!

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:

I always make sure to wear oven mitts on BOTH hands before going NEAR my oven D:

You're lucky XD my dog chewed up my families' oven gloves now we use either a towel or more likely a tea towel, whatever's closest to hand.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I made pasta bake before, and it turned out yummy! :D

Something I didn't burn!!!

My childhood right here

Pierre wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:

You're lucky XD my dog chewed up my families' oven gloves now we use either a towel or more likely a tea towel, whatever's closest to hand.

You are speaking of a world I do not wish to live in.

:)

My mum and I can make a decent chicken korma.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Ingredients are cheap (except for scallops) for the Seafood Linguine I always make. Fresh tomato sauce, basil, mussels, scallops, shrimp, linguine pasta and a little bit of ground pepper. Making baked Alaska cake is quite fun as well.
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Gettin' Old!

papermario13689 wrote:
Ingredients are cheap (except for scallops) for the Seafood Linguine I always make. Fresh tomato sauce, basil, mussels, scallops, shrimp, linguine pasta and a little bit of ground pepper. Making baked Alaska cake is quite fun as well.

Uhh...UGGGH...UUUUUUUUGGGHHGGHGHGHG!HHGHGHGGHGGHGGHURRRGGHGHURRRRGHGHURRR that seafood linguine sounds horri-so how's that cake made?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I LOVE seafood so that sounds amazing to me XD
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

.:looby:. wrote:
I LOVE seafood so that sounds amazing to me XD

To each their own, right? Good to hear that you love seafood though.:D

Pierre wrote:
Uhh...UGGGH...UUUUUUUUGGGHHGGHGHGHG!HHGHGHGGHGGHGGHURRRGGHGHURRRRGHGHURRR that seafood linguine sounds horri-so how's that cake made?

Baked Alaska cake? Basically, you cram your favourite ice cream into a bowl that's sprayed with a little vegetable oil to avoid sticking. Once you dump out the ice cream in the shape of the bowl, you top it with a meringue made from beating egg whites, cream tartar and powdered sugar together. You freeze the entire thing for several hours and you put it in the oven for about 7 minutes so the meringue becomes golden brown and crispy. Top it with icing, strawberries or whatever else you might want.

It's crispy sweet on the outside, and it's ice cream in the middle. It's amazing.:D

Another little thing I learned whilst learning to cook: Guacamole turns brown at a much slower pace if you leave the avacado seed inside of it. Crush the avacado to make guacamole, but leave the seed inside the guacamole to give it a longer life.
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

earthlings on fire

papermario13689 wrote:
Another little thing I learned whilst learning to cook: Guacamole turns brown at a much slower pace if you leave the avacado seed inside of it. Crush the avacado to make guacamole, but leave the seed inside the guacamole to give it a longer life.

Really? That's really interesting to know! I wonder why that is...
ImageImageImage

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

As the daughter of a head chef, I'd be ashamed if I couldn't cook XD

Cooking is possibly one of my favourite things to do but my knowhow is somewhat jumbled- I was making pavlovas when I was nine but didn't know how to do cheese on toast till last year :3 Most of the things I can cook I do pretty much off the top of my head because my dad and I tend to find a recipe we like the look of and then make a load of changes to it, hence when we think "oh that chicken we had the other week was nice", half of what we actually put in is nowhere to be found in the recipe~

I do very good pie, which is of course the most important dish in the history of ever :sparkly-maggey:
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

The Hoosiers :) Just too cool.

My mums now working so me and my brother take turns to cook,
todays me turn, i've just put it in the oven, and i dont want to get it out D:

lets add a new question shall we?
What your faviroute food/ your most hated food?
ie choclate and carrots, along the lines of that.

for me it would beeeeeee...um i dont know my fave food but i know i hate onions D:
my sprites Image(click the pic for pandas graphics~)

Golden Luxray wrote:

I don't have a most favourite food because I'm a fatty, I love most food. I love chocolate, cheese, chips, crisps, watermelon and grapes.

I hate olives. When I was little, I ate one thinking it was a grape. Scarred me for life.

I don't like broccoli or cabbage but I'll eat them when I'm at my grandma's XD
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

looby wrote:
I don't have a most favourite food because I'm a fatty, I love most food.

So am I, and I'm the pickiest eater I know. ;)
Anyway, my favorite food (aside white cabbage) is probably pizza. But only a specific brand, or self-made with no tomato chunks in the sauce and German Cervelatwurst instead of salami (it tastes the same, but Cervelatwurst has a finer texture and doesn't have those white chunks in it, because I really hate those).

earthlings on fire

Golden Luxray wrote:

I absolutely love sushi lol now I look like a weeaboo don't I but it's just so wonderful <3

Potato salad, raspberries, blueberries, tacos, dill pickles, and potato gnocchi. I like pretty much everything though, and will try anything safe/edible. Cheese makes me happy as well.

I don't like raw peppers, turnips, overly sweet things, or scallops.
ImageImageImage

The Hoosiers :) Just too cool.

gawwd, my turn to cook,AGIAN, but i get to cook a stir-fry YUM.
so all is well, I'll tell you how tasty it is when im done~

bloody hell, D: WE HAVE NO MUSHEROOMS.
aw well it was still tasty, ughh so much *slams face into noodels* UGHHHHH
my sprites Image(click the pic for pandas graphics~)

SMASHING DAY FOR A BARBEQUE.

I absolutley love mango, and brownies. But not together. And Banana Bread.

Also, what I hate... Courgette. Some people call it a Zucchini I think?

Here for my yearly login

I made my own variation of japanese leek pancakes, in which it has no leaks whatsoever. Essentially, it was just an inside out pizza since I put tomato, cheese and pepperoni inside. I ended up watching Japanese Kitchen on NHK World about 5 times in one day, and eventually gave up and made the damn thing. As long as I stay away from the Food network, I should be fine.
Signatures are hard...

I cook! I'm not going to say great.... i'm okay at it.... not everything i make turns out, which hey that's just part of the process.

DoMaya wrote:
Didn't you guys take home economics?

I wanted to at the time i was in 'junior high' and underclassman weren't allowed to take it. So, by the time i got to be an 'upperclassman' the class had stopped being offered. It actually made me a little bit sad because i was looking forward to it but oh well.

lets add a new question shall we? What your faviroute food/ your most hated food? (ie choclate and carrots, along the lines of that.)

I actually like lots of different foods...the top of my list is fresh pineapple and rainier cherries. most hated. i don't know that's a tie between eggplant and brussel sprouts.

Oh, I've been getting SO into cooking recently! Ever since I started going out with my boyfriend, I've been trying loads of new meals because he comes round for tea a lot. My mum has never been the type of mum to cook a lot, so if I don't cook for me and him, we would just end up with a crappy microwave meal, or beans on toast :/ But I'm really enjoying cooking, I'm just finding it really expensive! It depends what I cook really, but we could normally eat out for a few £ more.

My favourites that I've cooked so far have been stuffed mushrooms with brie, and risotto. They went really well. Yummm, I'm getting hungry now!

My boyfriend sometimes cooks, but he always makes the same thing, which is one of those old el paso mexican enchilada kits you can get from the supermarket. They are pretty easy, but he gets so proud of himself when they are done haha.

I'm thinking of making a caramel shortbread later on actually. We have everything in for it pretty much so may give it a go :)

My childhood right here

I tried my hand at cooking again recently. Saying I'm not a chef would be an understatement.
Just ask the fire department.

Psychotic Musician

I have a huge sweet tooth, so I guess I'm good at making dessert. I like making it. Ha ha. My favorites are cheesecake and creme brulee.

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)

:)

I made some cheesecake. I wanted to save some for my dad, but my mum ate it all.

Komikero

Well, I can cook bacon. And I can hard-boil an egg. Oh, and those Pillsbury English muffins and croissants that come in cans and are cooked in the toaster. So yeah. I've got mediocre cooking skills, and I actually do hope to rectify this since everybody says chicks dig guys who can cook. Heh.

I make some pretty good energy bars, though.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

My childhood right here

LightningfistCal wrote:
Well, I can cook bacon. And I can hard-boil an egg. Oh, and those Pillsbury English muffins and croissants that come in cans and are cooked in the toaster. So yeah. I've got mediocre cooking skills, and I actually do hope to rectify this since everybody says chicks dig guys who can cook. Heh.

Well, you've one-upped me. I can't use the stove to save my life. I'm surprised I can boil water on it.
Also, I've recently discovered my ability to stomach anything, so my mom uses me as a guinea pig for new recipes. Kill meeeee

Komikero

Steel Turnabout wrote:
LightningfistCal wrote:

Well, you've one-upped me. I can't use the stove to save my life. I'm surprised I can boil water on it.
Also, I've recently discovered my ability to stomach anything, so my mom uses me as a guinea pig for new recipes. Kill meeeee

Really? I've always thought bacon and eggs were practically foolproof to cook. Especially hard-boiled eggs, since you just dump 'em in the pot as soon as you see the water boil and then wait 5-10 minutes.

I'm a professional comic artist and illustrator. Click on the above logo to visit my official website.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Just cooked myself up a nice dish of pasta bolognese. I may have cheated a little in using ready-made sauce, but managed to spice it up (although it was already spicy) with a diced pepper cooked through the mince, really adds to the flavour. Might try my hand at adding other stuff, maybe even make my own sauce next time.

At your service.

Personally I think I'm so-so at cooking. :T
I can make a recipe without too much trouble, just don't ask me to do a gateau or a swiss roll. Little bastards never rise right.

To everyone else who I've cooked for, however, I'm either the best or worst chef they've ever had. The latter is only from my sister because she doesn't like my use of herbs and spices. Everyone else on the other hand seems determined to heap praise on me. I'm not sure whether they're being nice or making a genuine compliment. (I think it's the former. :payne: )

The man who decides the verdict

My best dish is instant noodles, Gumshoe agrees.

Psychotic Musician

I'm making ceviche on Saturday for a party. Wish me luck. It's delicious and looks easy, but I've never tried it.
Aaaaaaaand my favorite food is sushi. Can't get enough of it. But I hate frosting. I don't like the consistency and I just think it's way too sweet. My brother also hates fries. We're the weird kids...

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)

Komikero

trumpetchick wrote:
Aaaaaaaand my favorite food is sushi. Can't get enough of it. But I hate frosting. I don't like the consistency and I just think it's way too sweet. My brother also hates fries. We're the weird kids...

Weird? No, I'd say you're the healthy kids for preferring sushi over fries. Now if only American kids were like you, that would probably help with their fatass population explosion. Heh.

Gettin' Old!

LightningfistCal wrote:
trumpetchick wrote:

Weird? No, I'd say you're the healthy kids for preferring sushi over fries. Now if only American kids were like you, that would probably help with their fatass population explosion. Heh.

For some reason I've always associated the big sushi boom in recent years with pretentiousness, mind you I normally have to deal with students so a certain degree of pretentiousness is inevitable.

Mmm tatty scones shame my Dad ate mine. Should probably bake a big cake with my girlfriend next week.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 2 of 4 [ 133 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices