Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 15 of 23[ 913 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Re: Let's Talk About The New School YearTopic%20Title

I can't wait until September to go back! I've been free since December (I dropped out because I hated my course and university), so I can't wait to have something to work towards again. I have the same 'starting university nerves' as I did last time though. I get really shy when I meet new people, so I'm pretty quiet on moving in day and such. :(

This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice

Well, I'm not going to school this year as I did last year. But I am nervous about this year. I left university in December last year since I hated it. Ever since then my life looked up greatly and in May it crashed and burned. I lost my job, got a new one that was absolutely horrible. I didn't want to really work hard because it was just so so awful there. I lost that job and now I've been jobless for 2 weeks. Part of me wish I were going back to school. Then least I would know something is coming...

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

tastes like new reed

School starts in 25 days. And I have to write an essay on a summer reading book that I can't remember anything about~
My life is great.

I'm sorta 50/50 on going back to school. I mean, it's nice to just sit here in my room, but then again, I need to get off my butt and start doing other crap. School will definitely keep me occupied. I'll have to be more conscious of the other kids, though. I honestly want to avoid drama as much as I can. People kept on bugging me about shit that I didn't know last month, so I deleted most of my email contacts.

So yeah. School. First year of middle school.
Fuuuun.

My childhood right here

10th grade. Radical. At least I'm taking classes I WAN- Oh wait I have Health...

Matryoshka~

My summer break started on the 21st of July, so not that long ago, and I will be in Year Eight (Seventh Grade) in September. I'm just glad that I'm not the youngest in my high school now. The older ones will have new people to pick on. And I feel kind of bad saying that. Anyway, I guess I am a bit excited, as most of my friends live far away from me, so I only see one of my two best friends rarely out of school.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I'm going to be a freshman in college and I start school on August 22nd. Should be fun fun fun.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

College first-year, woo! And I say first year 'cause....it's an all girls school. -.-" And none of them play Ace Attorney....this'll be fun....

Voldemort wrote:
College first-year, woo! And I say first year 'cause....it's an all girls school. -.-" And none of them play Ace Attorney....this'll be fun....

Your avatar = Voldy at his hottest :will:

45 days until university starts again! Can't come fast enough...

Let's get this party started.

Soooo happy to be out of school. I just finished high school in May, and no college for me. Yippie! :)
Previously Amabile Vendetta.
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for my avatar!

My childhood right here

I have to retake the Geometry exam. Why? Because I got an 85.
WHAT THE FUCK I'M FINE WITH THIS MOM. I'M FINE WITH THIS.

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

I'm done with high school and I'm off to a university in September 8D
I'm a bit sad since my group of five friends since 7th grade is gonna split, but the magic of texting and the internet should be enough to keep us together.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I've been going to summer school for Chemistry semester 1. And I did so well too. Practically a 100%. All because I had a much better teacher than I did during the regular school year. Summer School's over now but regular school starts again in a few weeks...

Next year will be my senior year in high school and I plan to just breeze through it easily. My electives are Digital Imaging, Ceramics/Sculpture, Public Speaking/Creative Writing, and Calculus. I'm required to take English and Government/Economics too. All of those classes seem easy since they aren't sciences. I suck at sciences.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Gettin' Old!

Ah you kids with your secondary schools.

I'm going into my fourth (and final) year of psychology on my current course. Going to have a big project to do on Peer pressure...along with other minor things.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

My childhood right here

Pierre wrote:

I'm going into my fourth (and final) year of psychology on my current course. Going to have a big project to do on Peer pressure...along with other minor things.

I always thought psychology would be cool to study at least once. How is it?

Gettin' Old!

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Cool to study...but with difficult areas.
Many things that shock and awe you, specially if you take some of it to heart.
But then you hit neuropsychology and the science is thick and heavy.
SO glad it's not a module this year.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

My childhood right here

Pierre wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Cool to study...but with difficult areas.
Many things that shock and awe you, specially if you take some of it to heart.
But then you hit neuropsychology and the science is thick and heavy.
SO glad it's not a module this year.

Hmm. Interesting. I like getting shocked and awed :P

Pierre wrote:

I bet psychology is really interesting. It's what I originally applied for at uni but I had a last minute change of mind! I think all the research methods stuff, and stats work would have made me regret it...Loved it at A-Level though :) What are you going to do when you're finished?

Gettin' Old!

samboo1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I bet psychology is really interesting. It's what I originally applied for at uni but I had a last minute change of mind! I think all the research methods stuff, and stats work would have made me regret it...Loved it at A-Level though :) What are you going to do when you're finished?

Go back and do more.
An Honours Degree in psychology isn't worth anything.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Rising Inspirations

Heh, university in 22 days as a Freshman. I am heavily debating as to whether or not I should drop Calculus II. Majoring in Neuroscience and going into pre-med.

At the moment, I am taking 18 units:

Chem 121 (General Chemistry I - 4 units)
English 101 (Composition I - 3 units) - Honestly I am better than this and should be in Eng 102 - Comp II or Eng 104
Philosophy 202 (Intro Philosophy of Arts - 3 units)
Psychology 101 (General Psychology - 3 units)
Sci 101 (Advisory Class for my major - 1 unit)
Math 182 (Calculus II - 4 units)

Passing these classes are not a problem whatsoever; for me it is holding a 4.0 GPA. That is what I am trying to think about. I already have 10 units in just from AP tests (AP Calc AB and US History). I need to find out about IB though. Then again, if it is true, those AP/IB tests won't matter in going to med school.

Pierre wrote:
samboo1 wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Go back and do more.
An Honours Degree in psychology isn't worth anything.

Oh, silly me. I forgot scottish courses are 4 years. I read 4 years and assumed that included masters :bellboy:

Gettin' Old!

Nah gotta pay extra for masters..not that our course is bad the first 4 years free is kinda awesome.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

earthlings on fire

Wait, why's it free??!
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Gettin' Old!

Cravat of Doom wrote:
Wait, why's it free??!

Well maybe not free, maybe free
My understanding is that it's free and paid for by the government, maybe by us in taxes.

Though Scotland's education system operates on education based on ability to learn not ability to pay...to an extent.

Undergraduate courses you can apply to have your tuition fees paid for.

Potentially Racist Policy: *IF* you are from Scotland.

That said some people still come here for our schools from England and the likes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Rising Inspirations

Pierre wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:
Wait, why's it free??!

My understanding is that it's free and paid for by the government, maybe by us in taxes.

Though Scotland's education system operates on education based on ability to learn not ability to pay...to an extent.

That said some people still come here for our schools from England and the likes.

The tax and location thing reminds me of the paying in-state vs out of state tuition here in the US :(. Pay 3x as high out of state or stay within your home state.

The Real Human Being

I remember High school, those were some of the best years of my life.

Ah the days of my youth.

Gettin' Old!

Radex wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:
Wait, why's it free??!

The tax and location thing reminds me of the paying in-state vs out of state tuition here in the US :(. Pay 3x as high out of state or stay within your home state.

*shrugs* It might not even be paid in tax I'm not sure on that and the benefits for people in this country encourages people to stay and provide jobs for the country I guess.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Can't wait for next year! I'm starting my Junior year! I won last year's CHS Idol, so I might be considered a celebrity among the campus. I already got some songs planned out for my performances.

tastes like new reed

I finished the essay I had to write. Fun~ But I finished it in a day, and I haven't looked at it since. >:3
I get my schedule on the 17th, then open house is on the 21st, then school starts on the 25th. ;_;

Spoiler: What makes me worried about the new school year(WARNING: Rant)
Honestly, it's not the homework and the learning I'm worried about. It's the people that I'm worried about. My class is gonna be filled with people I haven't seen since third grade, awkward I-haven't-seen-you-in-forever-moment! Heck, they're probably gonna have changed so much. Ugh. When my friend was telling me about them he said that they had developed possies which basically separated the so-called "cool guys" from the "nerdy nerds" and had starting using cuss words in every sentence.
No. Me. Gusta.
Possies that separate the "cool guys" from the "nerds"? NO. What happened to acceptance and crap? Do NOT try to be like those prissy girls in those high school movies who think they're all that.
Using cuss words in every sentence? *sigh* It's gonna make you sound like a complete ass. Yes, I just used a cuss word right there, but it's not meaningless and misplaced. Using "fuck" or "shit" in every sentence is not gonna make you cool, remember that.
I'm also very worried of getting involved with meaningless drama. I hate it so much. I also hate it when it involves anyone close to me.

^You don't have to read that if you don't want to. It's really nothing, but I had to get it out of my system.

Term three started a few weeks ago, where I live. So, yeah, I won't be starting a new school year for a while. :sillytrucy:

My childhood right here

Three weeks until school. That means three weeks to learn Java and finally finish a Minecraft mod I've been working on recently. I've got the sprites done for it, I just need to code it. Procrastination can't help me this time ;_;

earthlings on fire

filipinoamerican wrote:
I finished the essay I had to write. Fun~ But I finished it in a day, and I haven't looked at it since. >:3
I get my schedule on the 17th, then open house is on the 21st, then school starts on the 25th. ;_;

Honestly, it's not the homework and the learning I'm worried about. It's the people that I'm worried about. My class is gonna be filled with people I haven't seen since third grade, awkward I-haven't-seen-you-in-forever-moment! Heck, they're probably gonna have changed so much. Ugh. When my friend was telling me about them he said that they had developed possies which basically separated the so-called "cool guys" from the "nerdy nerds" and had starting using cuss words in every sentence.
No. Me. Gusta.
Possies that separate the "cool guys" from the "nerds"? NO. What happened to acceptance and crap? Do NOT try to be like those prissy girls in those high school movies who think they're all that.
Using cuss words in every sentence? *sigh* It's gonna make you sound like a complete ass. Yes, I just used a cuss word right there, but it's not meaningless and misplaced. Using "fuck" or "shit" in every sentence is not gonna make you cool, remember that.
I'm also very worried of getting involved with meaningless drama. I hate it so much. I also hate it when it involves anyone close to me.

^You don't have to read that if you don't want to. It's really nothing, but I had to get it out of my system.

Aww, don't worry filipinoamerican, you're going into grade 6, right? Middle school can be hard but these kids are just going through a phase. Hopefully for most of them it won't last long and remember not to take all the drama too seriously. When you look back after a few years you'll realize how pointless it really is. So just keep your head held high and try not to let it affect you.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

My childhood right here

Cravat of Doom wrote:
filipinoamerican wrote:

No. Me. Gusta.

Aww, don't worry filipinoamerican, you're going into grade 6, right? Middle school can be hard but these kids are just going through a phase. Hopefully for most of them it won't last long and remember not to take all the drama too seriously. When you look back after a few years you'll realize how pointless it really is. So just keep your head held high and try not to let it affect you.

Boy oh boy is this true. Man, I was a total nerd in sixth grade. But no one remembers middle school once you reach ninth grade. So don't worry, it'll all be forgotten soon enough :3

What age do you start Sixth Grade at? Because I'm British.

tastes like new reed

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Cravat of Doom wrote:
filipinoamerican wrote:

No. Me. Gusta.

Boy oh boy is this true. Man, I was a total nerd in sixth grade. But no one remembers middle school once you reach ninth grade. So don't worry, it'll all be forgotten soon enough :3

I really do hope that it'll go away. It's just that 5th grade was so dramatic and crap and it made me think about how the other kids I haven't seen in forever were like, because apparently they all hate me and my buddies for going to a "nerdy school" for 4th and 5th. :/

Apollo72 wrote:
What age do you start Sixth Grade at? Because I'm British.

We start 6th grade usually at the age of 11(my age).

Oh! So Sixth Grade is akin to Year 7!
Okay, let's sort this thing out.

Age/English 'Year'/American 'Grade'
3/Nursery (Optional)/?
4/Reception (First year of primary school)/?
5/Year 1/Kindergarten?
6/Year 2/First Grade
7/Year 3/Second Grade
8/Year 4/Third Grade
9/Year 5/Fourth Grade
10/Year 6 (Last year of primary school)/Fifth Grade
11/Year 7 (First year of high school)/Sixth Grade
12/Year 8/Seventh Grade
13/Year 9/Eighth Grade
14/Year 10/Ninth Grade?
15/Year 11 (Last year of high school)/Tenth Grade?
16/Year 12 (First year of college)/Eleventh Grade?
17/Year 13 (Last year of college)/Twelfth Grade?

Okay! What've I got wrong?

Rising Inspirations

Apollo72 wrote:

3/Nursery (Optional)/?
5/Year 1/Kindergarten?
6/Year 2/First Grade
7/Year 3/Second Grade
8/Year 4/Third Grade
9/Year 5/Fourth Grade
12/Year 8/Seventh Grade
13/Year 9/Eighth Grade
14/Year 10/Ninth Grade?

Sounds about right, finished high school at age 18. Started 12th grade at 17.
Quick rundown.

Elementary: Kindergarden then Grades 1-5
Middle/Junior High: Grades 6-8
High: Grades 9-12
Years after that are your college years; usually you are expected to obtain your bachelors within 3-4 years.

On another note, filipinoamerican (speaking of which, I'm Filipino myself lol, but can't speak Tagalog), just don't worry too much about what others think. It'll make middle and high school that more enjoyable. From the sounds of it, do you are what doing right now in your academics and you'll be fine. I personally found elementary through high school pointless, but still enjoyed them.

Radex wrote:
Apollo72 wrote:

3/Nursery (Optional)/?
5/Year 1/Kindergarten?
6/Year 2/First Grade
7/Year 3/Second Grade
8/Year 4/Third Grade
9/Year 5/Fourth Grade
12/Year 8/Seventh Grade
13/Year 9/Eighth Grade
14/Year 10/Ninth Grade?

Quick rundown.

Years after that are your college years; usually you are expected to obtain your bachelors within 3-4 years.

On another note, filipinoamerican (speaking of which, I'm Filipino myself lol, but can't speak Tagalog), just don't worry too much about what others think. It'll make middle and high school that more enjoyable. From the sounds of it, do you are what doing right now in your academics and you'll be fine. I personally found elementary through high school pointless, but still enjoyed them.

Where does all the Freshman, Sophomore etc stuff come from? Is that in reference to college/uni years? Do Americans always call university college, by the way? It's confused me because as far as I'm aware the institutions call themselves universities, so where does college come from? Oh the confusion!

Rising Inspirations

samboo1 wrote:
Radex wrote:
Apollo72 wrote:

3/Nursery (Optional)/?
5/Year 1/Kindergarten?
6/Year 2/First Grade
7/Year 3/Second Grade
8/Year 4/Third Grade
9/Year 5/Fourth Grade
12/Year 8/Seventh Grade
13/Year 9/Eighth Grade
14/Year 10/Ninth Grade?

Quick rundown.

Where does all the Freshman, Sophomore etc stuff come from? Is that in reference to college/uni years? Do Americans always call university college, by the way? It's confused me because as far as I'm aware the institutions call themselves universities, so where does college come from? Oh the confusion!

Freshman, sophomore, I honestly don't know where it came from but it refers to your "year." You begin to learn it during high school. So I finished my senior year in high school and now a freshman in university.

Freshman - 9th grade high school or 1st year uni
Sophomore - 10th grade high school or 2nd year uni
Junior - 11th grade high school or 3rd year uni
Senior - 12th grade high school or 4th year uni

Yes, most higher institutions refer themselves as universities, colleges are the smaller subsections within universities (not all the time necessarily, e.g. community college), they tend to focus a specific attribute of research and eduction. For example, I am in the college of science studying neuroscience within the University of Nevada, Reno. So, think of small box within a bigger box. University is more broadly used and colleges tend to be more specific depending on what area.

Yeah, it is somewhat convoluted what I am saying, but I don't have time to proofread as I have to go right now with my family xD.

E-Everything suddenly makes sense! ^^

Radex wrote:
Freshman, sophomore, I honestly don't know where it came from but it refers to your "year." You begin to learn it during high school. So I finished my senior year in high school and now a freshman in university.

Freshman - 9th grade high school or 1st year uni
Sophomore - 10th grade high school or 2nd year uni
Junior - 11th grade high school or 3rd year uni
Senior - 12th grade high school or 4th year uni

Yes, most higher institutions refer themselves as universities, colleges are the smaller subsections within universities (not all the time necessarily, e.g. community college), they tend to focus a specific attribute of research and eduction. For example, I am in the college of science studying neuroscience within the University of Nevada, Reno. So, think of small box within a bigger box. University is more broadly used and colleges tend to be more specific depending on what area.

Yeah, it is somewhat convoluted what I am saying, but I don't have time to proofread as I have to go right now with my family xD.

I see. That does make sense. It really is rather similar to here in that sense then, because we have different colleges (depends on the uni), but I guess the difference is we still say uni all the time. Clears stuff up anyway, thanks. :minuki:
Page 15 of 23 [ 913 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices