Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 3 of 4[ 133 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Food and CookingTopic%20Title

Psychotic Musician

LightningfistCal wrote:
trumpetchick wrote:
Aaaaaaaand my favorite food is sushi. Can't get enough of it. But I hate frosting. I don't like the consistency and I just think it's way too sweet. My brother also hates fries. We're the weird kids...

Weird? No, I'd say you're the healthy kids for preferring sushi over fries. Now if only American kids were like you, that would probably help with their fatass population explosion. Heh.

Ha ha, healthy food is good. I have a high metabolism, so that helps, but I still exercise and eat well anyway. I even gave up soda last month. It's been so hard to not have it. T_T
Maybe American kids should be introduced to the wonderful thing that is sushi and then the percentage of obese people would go down...

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)

Gettin' Old!

Hey CR folks.

It's officially scorching in Scotland so the end of the world may be nigh. To make the oncoming doom more enjoyable I need cool refreshing drinks to consume. Ideally blended ones made of fruits, non-alcohol and ice to some degree.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Sidekick!

Most of the stuff I cook is ready made, freeze dried, or baking products that aren't made from scratch.

But still, I like cooking and I have an addiction to baking, I know it's not healthy but every week I want something to bake with, like ready made cookie dough (making cookie dough from scratch makes me sweat.) or brownie mix, and most importantly, cake mix. I like thinking of new combinations for cupcakes and frosting.
So...I guess I make decent cupcakes, sadly I'm the only person at my place who likes lemon cupcakes.

Lately I've been experimenting with making tea sandwiches (even though I don't drink tea.) and they are really tasty, but I got to be careful and not use up all the bread my family has.

I want to try to make omlettes but I'm too skeptical cooking meat that isn't already cooked, and we can only have so many eggs.

Gettin' Old!

Emiko Gale wrote:
Most of the stuff I cook is ready made, freeze dried, or baking products that aren't made from scratch.

But still, I like cooking and I have an addiction to baking, I know it's not healthy but every week I want something to bake with, like ready made cookie dough (making cookie dough from scratch makes me sweat.) or brownie mix, and most importantly, cake mix. I like thinking of new combinations for cupcakes and frosting.
So...I guess I make decent cupcakes, sadly I'm the only person at my place who likes lemon cupcakes.

Lately I've been experimenting with making tea sandwiches (even though I don't drink tea.) and they are really tasty, but I got to be careful and not use up all the bread my family has.

I want to try to make omlettes but I'm too skeptical cooking meat that isn't already cooked, and we can only have so many eggs.

Omelettes are no big deal you only need 2 eggs if it's a one-person omelette and you don't even need meat. For me Omelettes have always been more of cheese thing anyway.

Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and mix them together, add a pinch of salt and maybe a small bit of milk to add to the body of the omelette if you like. Can also add more eggs to make it bigger or thicker. Pour the mixture when it's all an orange yolky colour into a pan with some oil in it and let it cook. When it seems solid enough you use a fish slice or similar spatula thing to scrape under one half of the omelette and flip it onto the other half. That's the tricky part for me as the omelette can really come apart if it isn't solid enough. If you want to add something to the omelette then before you do the flip, put the something (normally grated cheese for me) on the other half of the omelette so when you fold the omelette half on top it covers the desired filling. Then let the topping cook for a big when it's covered before serving on a plate.

It's pretty simple like I said tricky bit is not destroying the thing with it being stuck to a pan.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ace Sidekick!

Ok, that sounds simple enough, thank you so much Pierre. :javado:

Considering I managed to burn down the kitchen while attempting to cook water...

I can cook very few things.
Mostly I cook tomato sauces which I let simmer for at least two hours, just so the flavor can really go into it. But I never use recipes, I just grab whatever seasoning I feel like and dump some of it in. I do, though, generally put some wasabi into it for a little kick.

Also can make white sauces... fry a few things...
I'd be what you call a semi-cooker? I can cook things, if I have to, but I generally don't want to cook. I also see no point in slaving over a feast for several hours if it's gonna get eaten within 30 minutes anyway. I don't like the Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner things, either... the smell of long-cooking meat or generally long cooking food just makes me neausious. Somehow, I don't even like the smell of fried potatoes anymore, either.

C-A

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

To be blunt, I can cook everything that's healthy.

Why healthy? Because I used to have an eating disorder ages ago, when I still was in middle/high school and I used to cook for myself since my parents (now divorced) always worked overnight and even during the day and me and my sister stayed home without any food. Sure, my sister is older than me but she never really learned it. For her, cooking is just 'taking some time away' and then she would go out and eat something in a restaurant or at McDonalds.

Well, I was 13/14 years old when I first started cooking. At first I only made some eggs and a few small dishes but I got better by each meal.

I kind of like every food except olives. Just.. no. I hate the taste of them, it grosses me out.

I still cook, especially for my family. They are always so happy when I finish cooking and when they eat their comments are always 'oh that's so good' or 'oh can i have some more'.

I think, I'm a good cook. :godot:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Ace Sidekick!

Mary Faraday wrote:
To be blunt, I can cook everything that's healthy.

Why healthy? Because I used to have an eating disorder ages ago, when I still was in middle/high school and I used to cook for myself since my parents (now divorced) always worked overnight and even during the day and me and my sister stayed home without any food. Sure, my sister is older than me but she never really learned it. For her, cooking is just 'taking some time away' and then she would go out and eat something in a restaurant or at McDonalds.

Well, I was 13/14 years old when I first started cooking. At first I only made some eggs and a few small dishes but I got better by each meal.

I kind of like every food except olives. Just.. no. I hate the taste of them, it grosses me out.

I still cook, especially for my family. They are always so happy when I finish cooking and when they eat their comments are always 'oh that's so good' or 'oh can i have some more'.

I think, I'm a good cook. :godot:

That's awesome! And it's great that you have overcame your eating disorder. I like cooking for my family too, but usually only sweets, lately I've been too lazy to cook rice and pasta. (Yesterday I burnt rice ._. it was really stupid of me.)
My brother's favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin and I don't mind making them for him, oatmeal raisin is much more healthier than chocolate chip anyway.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Emiko Gale wrote:

That's awesome! And it's great that you have overcame your eating disorder. I like cooking for my family too, but usually only sweets, lately I've been too lazy to cook rice and pasta. (Yesterday I burnt rice ._. it was really stupid of me.)
My brother's favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin and I don't mind making them for him, oatmeal raisin is much more healthier than chocolate chip anyway.

Why thank you! And yes, it is. It was a hard way, though.. stayed in the hospital a lot of times just to gain weight .-. Oh maaan.
I also like it to make cupcakes if I'm craving for something sweet - and hell, my sister is a real cupcake-addict. She could eat over 4584357889345894583 cupcakes and she wouldn't complain. :redd:
I used to eat oatmeal raisin cookies back then when I was like 15.. they were my favorite cookies. Need to make them again, though.. :3

Ace Sidekick!

Update: Yesterday I had to take over for my mom and make fried chicken by myself. It was a dangerous task because of all the oil that flys around and there were some points where I thought I was about to burn the house down. x_x And it was hard for me to tell if I fully cooked the chicken. (The color was different but I wasn't completely sure.) So when my mom got home she was skeptical and placed all the chicken wings I cooked in the oven.

Good news is, for once we had chicken wings that didn't have an unbearable dry skin. :pearl:

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I finally learned how to cook rice without burning the kitchen down :redd:

Ace Sidekick!

Mary Faraday wrote:

Pfft lucky! >.> But I still haven't made a riceball yet.

Mary Faraday wrote:

Aw sweet, I wish I was that far.
I managed to burn the kitchen while boiling water. :redd:

C-A

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Cooking rice isn't that hard. Just boil some water, add the rice and stir it so long until the water is going inside the rice (my stepbrother always says 'the rice ate the water' when it's just in fact a completely different thing). And until the water vanishes, you can put the rice on a plate or in a bowl and eat it. :3

I've added chicken and vegetables to it. Yummy.

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

I can cook a nice medium-rare/rare steak that's about it. Oh as for rice, I just use a rice cooker.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Ace Sidekick!

Pitipiui wrote:
And I LOVE ravioli. :sparkly-maggey:

This^ :D

I can cook some things, I can do fine trying new things if I have a recipe book. The only problem is that I hate when the oil jumps then I keep fearing that I get it in my eyes. :coffee:

My worst dish was the time I was 12 I accidentally added dropped the bottle of soy sauce in one of my dish and my family had to eat something else for dinner, ouch but that was years ago thankfully.

For my best dish I can say I can make really good spaghetti. (´・ω・`) My Italian grandmother taught me to make the sauce from scratch too but I only do it when I have the time or am not lazy.

I don't cook much--at least not anything involving much skill. I blame the oven. The thing's not much younger than me, and I think one side heats up faster than the other...

I've burned spaghetti hoops, baked beans, milk, toast, and leeks. Thankfully not on the same day, though...
My worst dish was fish fingers and waffles. The fish fingers were brittle to the point where they fell through the grill (and yes, that *is* possible), and I think the middles of the waffles were frozen, despite having been cooking for half an hour. That may also have been 'burnt baked beans' day. :payne:

My best dish is this tuna pasta salad I made when my parents were both stuck in traffic. That was epic, and I now like to think of myself as the Salad Master :will:
I'm afraid I never inherited the gene which allows for side-splittingly witty signatures.

Emiko Gale wrote:
Lately I've been experimenting with making tea sandwiches

What the actual fuck. This is blasphemy.

Emiko Gale wrote:
and they are really tasty

Will have to take your word for it.

This is going to have me freaking out for a while.

EDIT: Googled it and LOL! It's just a tiny sandwich! I had all sorts of pictures in my head of bread soaked in tea, teabags on bread, tealeaf sandwiches holy shit. Panic over though XD
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Ace Sidekick!

Hahaha! XD

.:looby:. wrote:
Googled it and LOL! It's just a tiny sandwich! I had all sorts of pictures in my head of bread soaked in tea, teabags on bread, tealeaf sandwiches holy shit. Panic over though XD

I had the strange image of a tea flavored jello placed in a sandwich mold...

Gettin' Old!

I'd just assumed it was a sandwich soaked in tea.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ace Sidekick!

Pierre wrote:
I'd just assumed it was a sandwich soaked in tea.

*giggles* No, they're just tiny crustless sandwiches with simple ingredients like jam, or cucumbers, or cheese. They're simple so they won't distract from the taste of tea.

I'm no expert on this, I first found out about tea sanwiches when I read a volume of Kitchen Princess.

Ace Sidekick!

If you thought the whole tea sandwich thing was weird then how about this?

Well, first off, my favorite drink is lemonade. One time when I was at a restaurant with my relatives my aunt got upset at me for downing 3 glasses of strawberry lemonade. So yeah, lemonade is basically my alcohol.

And one day when I was staring at the recipes from Kitchen Princess, I stumbled onto a recipe for hot lemonade. And my first reaction was, "hot...lemonade? Lemonade can be hot?"

I kind of want to try and make some today...especially since I heard it's good for the throat.

Ooh hot lemonade is gorge! When I was little, whenever I got a cold my grandma would heat up lemonade and put a dollop of honey in it.

I like hot Ribena too.

Ace Sidekick!

.:looby:. wrote:
Ooh hot lemonade is gorge! When I was little, whenever I got a cold my grandma would heat up lemonade and put a dollop of honey in it.

I like hot Ribena too.

I made some today...and it was so bitter that I couldn't take it. It reminded me of the time I accidently drank unsweetened tea...but even though I failed, I managed to make something better for lunch.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I was cooking pasta today, yay. Tasted great and it was my only aviable food in 3 days ._.

Ace Sidekick!

Mary Faraday wrote:
I was cooking pasta today, yay. Tasted great and it was my only aviable food in 3 days ._.

Oh my! D:
2 days ago I made pan grilled bananas with nutella, sadly when I cooked the bananas they got all delicate. But cooked bananas taste so much better than raw bananas.

Zoinks

I am the master of fried eggs and omelettes.

Also

3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Ace Sidekick!

Yellow Magician wrote:

Also

Hahahahaha! XD

And it's great to see you back Yellow Magician. :3

Gettin' Old!

Yellow Magician wrote:

Also

You are wonderful Yellow Magician.

Your avatar is awesome too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Zoinks

:D *bows*

Emiko Gale wrote:

And it's great to see you back Yellow Magician. :3

I never actually went anywhere, but thanks Emiko!

Ace Sidekick!

You don't post much, I figured you were busy with school or something.

Zoinks

Fair enough! (for some reason I only bother posting every couple of weeks ;<)

Ace Sidekick!

Yellow Magician wrote:
Fair enough! (for some reason I only bother posting every couple of weeks ;<)

Oh! *facepalm*

Ace Sidekick!

Me making omlettes everyday is making me think of Mother 3. :(

Gettin' Old!

Right I finally got around to uploading a few pictures of the things I've baked so far since I love baking.

Spoiler: Team ABEARICA (inspired by old cartoons)
Image (They are meant to be polar bears but some of the ears ain't clear) Made with white chocolate ears.

Spoiler: The Majestic Moose

Made with Chocolate Coated Twinkies

Spoiler: "Insert Witty Title" Cake

A more serious cake than my others and one of my few attempts at a proper 'tiered' cake. Made for a joint birthday party and to entertain my little bro when looking after him.

Also I'd like some help from my friends across the pond or just someone wise about it.
For Valentines Day I want to make some little 'love heart' cupcakes.
Spoiler: They Look like this

Though my recipe book is from America so some of the ingredients it recommends I'm not entirely sure of.

It recommends 3 Frozen Pound Cakes (Sara Lee Brand) though I've never really heard of what a 'pound cake' is. I assumed it's just some....pre-prepared sponge or something like that but I've had trouble trying to source ingredients before so if you guys can clarify what a pound cake is or suggest an alternative ingredient it'd be a big help. :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I had to find out about pound cakes when I was baking at Christmas, it's literally just a cake make with 1lb each of flour, eggs, sugar and butter. This apparently makes a massive cake though so you would just change the amounts depending on how big you want the cake to be. I think I didn't bother in the end and just made a normal sponge. You'd probably be ok with that though, you can never have too many cupcakes.

Your efforts at baking are awesome, especially the moose buns, so cute!

I used to be so good at baking but my efforts at Christmas were absolute shite. I made something like this but the pumpkin part was star shaped chocolate sponge and the outside was cinnamon and vanilla sponge. My aunty and grandma said it was nice but I thought it was horrible.

Gettin' Old!

Louise wrote:
I had to find out about pound cakes when I was baking at Christmas, it's literally just a cake make with 1lb each of flour, eggs, sugar and butter. This apparently makes a massive cake though so you would just change the amounts depending on how big you want the cake to be. I think I didn't bother in the end and just made a normal sponge. You'd probably be ok with that though, you can never have too many cupcakes.

Your efforts at baking are awesome, especially the moose buns, so cute!

I used to be so good at baking but my efforts at Christmas were absolute shite. I made something like this but the pumpkin part was star shaped chocolate sponge and the outside was cinnamon and vanilla sponge. My aunty and grandma said it was nice but I thought it was horrible.

Huh that's weird Pound Cakes. I mean based on the book I'm certain the pound cakes are just to be cut up and iced to sit on top of the cupcakes as the love hearts (shouldn't be hard to find a heart-shaped cutter at Valentines) but I wonder if they can be bought like the book says, course I don't mind making them myself but it's just another thing that could go wrong since I'd never made pound cakes before XD.

Though that bake looks awesome! I really want to try and branch out my baking outside of cupcakes (part of the reason I made the tiered cake) but I want to try tarts and how did you get that cool star-shape IN the bake?

Also the Moose ones were the best success yet, I've also tried making cupcakes that look like latticed cherry pies and apples but they didn't come out half as well as the Moose did. Though Twinkies are bloody expensive here XP
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 3 of 4 [ 133 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices