Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 25 of 40[ 1583 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 40  Next

Re: The New Vent Station (please read the rules before postiTopic%20Title

This is going to be an intense vent.

To all of you who led someone on romantically, knowing full well that you wouldn't reciprocate the other side's feelings: fuck you. This is one of the worst things you could ever do to someone. Doesn't matter if you like to feel "loved" or "appreciated", if you consciously trick someone into believing that you are into them when you aren't (just because you like to see them crazy over you), you are an asshole.

I'm going through the worst heartbreak ever right now. And my biggest disappointment is with myself, for acting like some crazed romantic and believing in the words/intention of someone who is not worth a damn.

You have every right to feel that way and I am disgusted, on your behalf, that someone does that. That is unter allerster Sau. But I have to say, I am glad to see you venting and being angry, rather than sitting in a corner and wondering whether they would love you, had you kept going 'just a bit more'.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

Yeah you got my sympathy, I've always been really careful with bestowing my affections for fear of some kind of horrific heartbreak.

Sad as it was I had a rather pessimistic view when I previously confessed my feelings back in Secondary School and it functioned as a buffer. I'd had so many people egging me on to ask someone out but I didn't think it would work ou. So when the rejection came it came with a comfort that I was right and that I should trust my judgement.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Thanks for the support, guys :D

It's terrible for my self-esteem and for my pride, honestly. I wouldn't mind being rejected straight out - I mean, it's bad, nobody likes to be rejected, even if it's in a honest, clean way - but being led on and deceived is a whole other story. It's just... uuuugh. Like somebody is making you their personal clown. I can't believe I've put that emotional effort into this stuff for days/weeks, and that I wrote the things that I wrote... seriously, this is complete BS. Knowing myself, I will stay with this thing on my mind for months now... it's just... *shakes head, frustrated*

But life goes on.

To quote one of Adam Sandler's better movies: "Love Stinks, yeah yeah."

Well done for venting, dangerousoffender! Once upon a time, I let it eat me up inside and it destroyed me.

Best thing to do is to wipe them out of your life completely. I dropped all social media and haven't gone back since, and it really helps the healing process.

Hope things work out for you, bud!
Sig.

OmG, I thought this was over! Would my mom stop getting on my nerves with 'get a job'? I HAVE a job! Sure, it's a 450€-a-month-tops job and I don't have super consistent hours, but IT'S A JOB! No, I will NOT get or look for another job! I have one! One that I LIKE! I might look for a job around the time when the contract ends, if I am not getting taken on for longer - and the contract doesn't end until NEXT year's June!

C-A

The Real Human Being

I'm very upset that my roomate won't test me taser on me, what a dick, not shocking me when I clearly told him it was ok.

In Justice We Trust

DoMaya wrote:
I'm very upset that my roomate won't test me taser on me, what a dick, not shocking me when I clearly told him it was ok.

I'm going to guess you're being satirical, considering the risks involved in using a taser on someone. Also, I'm glad to read that you're no longer homeless, judging by your mention of having a roommate.
I'll always love you, Max.

DeviantART, what the hell are you doing? I find someone who is blatantly, obviously and ADMITTING to do nothing but add minor edits to OFFICIAL ARTWORK of a series, but I am not allowed to report for "Dude, this is fucking stealing of the original owner". No, no, no, no. I cannot do that. I could only do that, if they were copying MY work.

Look, yes, it's fanart. But you know what fanart means? DRAWING something ON YOUR OWN based on a series that exists. In this case, Sailor Moon. Whether you draw on paper, sidewalks, with charcoal, on PC, watercolors, acryll, etc, I don't fucking care. But it has to be YOUR work. You cannot take official artwork, copy-cut-paste pieces from OTHER official artwork onto the first piece and claim it to be yours.

What, it's yours because you WORKED at making those edits? Doesn't fucking work that way, pal! And fuck you, you lazy, obnoxious COWARD, for blocking my commenting, just because I actually called you out on your lazy, COPYRIGHT-INFRINGING shit.

Yeah, I draw Sailor Moon. Yeah, it doesn't look identical to Naoko's work. But that's fine. You know why? Cause I am not Naoko and I don't want to be and I want MY fanart to be recognized that it was drawn by ME. Now, looking at Mangakachan's fanbased Chibiusa-Helios manga, sure, her art style is VERY close to the original - definitely required practice and it looks good. But it's obviously drawn by Mangakachan. She puts ACTUAL work into her stuff.

I don't fucking care if I have to do white lies on reporting this person's rip-offs. It's wrong. If that is okay, I think I'll just go and take this Death Note image and turn L's hair from black to lightbrown and claim it that it's totally part of the done-by-me, totally-official sequel to Death Note and the guy is Light's son he had with Misa. And do that with a good other 20 images and put them into a folder and call it a 'full, official artbook'. This wouldn't backfire at all!

C-A

The Real Human Being

CatMuto wrote:
DeviantART, what the hell are you doing? I find someone who is blatantly, obviously and ADMITTING to do nothing but add minor edits to OFFICIAL ARTWORK of a series, but I am not allowed to report for "Dude, this is fucking stealing of the original owner". No, no, no, no. I cannot do that. I could only do that, if they were copying MY work.

Look, yes, it's fanart. But you know what fanart means? DRAWING something ON YOUR OWN based on a series that exists. In this case, Sailor Moon. Whether you draw on paper, sidewalks, with charcoal, on PC, watercolors, acryll, etc, I don't fucking care. But it has to be YOUR work. You cannot take official artwork, copy-cut-paste pieces from OTHER official artwork onto the first piece and claim it to be yours.

What, it's yours because you WORKED at making those edits? Doesn't fucking work that way, pal! And fuck you, you lazy, obnoxious COWARD, for blocking my commenting, just because I actually called you out on your lazy, COPYRIGHT-INFRINGING shit.

Yeah, I draw Sailor Moon. Yeah, it doesn't look identical to Naoko's work. But that's fine. You know why? Cause I am not Naoko and I don't want to be and I want MY fanart to be recognized that it was drawn by ME. Now, looking at Mangakachan's fanbased Chibiusa-Helios manga, sure, her art style is VERY close to the original - definitely required practice and it looks good. But it's obviously drawn by Mangakachan. She puts ACTUAL work into her stuff.

I don't fucking care if I have to do white lies on reporting this person's rip-offs. It's wrong. If that is okay, I think I'll just go and take this Death Note image and turn L's hair from black to lightbrown and claim it that it's totally part of the done-by-me, totally-official sequel to Death Note and the guy is Light's son he had with Misa. And do that with a good other 20 images and put them into a folder and call it a 'full, official artbook'. This wouldn't backfire at all!

C-A

MFW

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

My internet service has been crappy for the past week. We're paying for up to 3 Mbps, and we're getting less than 0.2 Mbps. I've called to report the problem, they said they've got a work order to resolve the problem within 48 hours.

It's been four days since that call.

You’re so small in such a big world...

So, a friend of my sister's (her best friend besides me, in fact), has recently said to her, "I love your sister, but she needs to buck up." I have found myself getting angry about this since hearing about it, and I figure this is the best place to write about it as there is no danger of this friend of my sister's happening upon these words. This statement is bothersome for many reasons.

1. I am a positive person. I am generally happy, and laugh and joke all the time. I put a positive spin on everything when I can find one, and always muster a smile even on days where I can only writhe in agony.

2. Even if all I could do around her is complain and cry, she hasn't been around me often enough to determine that that's just how I am as a person. For all she knows, every time she has seen me has just been a really bad day for me. This wouldn't be far from the truth, as I tend to try to impress guests whenever they come over and thus overexert myself. This leads to an increase in pain and fatigue that feed each other such that by the time the guest leaves, all I can do is curl into a ball and try to gather my strength so I can hobble my way to bed.

3. She is in no position to judge my attitude, as her's has been negative most times I see her and most times my sister visits her.

4. Even if I had a negative attitude and she had a positive attitude, and she has seen and dealt with me every single day, she still wouldn't be in a position to judge my attitude, as she knows not the extent to which I experience pain on a day-to-day basis.

5. Even if I told her every sensation that passes through my body every second of every day, she still would not be in a good place to judge my attitude, as even then she would not truly understand what I go through. The only way to truly understand what chronic pain feels like is to experience it yourself, and even if she had fibromyalgia as I do, her fibromyalgia would not necessarily feel the same to her as mine feels to me.

I understand why she might think I need to "buck up." She is practically a personification of the just-world fallacy, and a firm believer in the United States as a meritocracy. She believes everyone must deserve everything that happens to them, except when bad things happen to her or her family, in which case they didn't deserve it. She must look at herself in the mirror, then look at me and think that I should be healthier than her. I do look like I take better care of myself than she does. So then why am I the one in debilitating chronic pain and she isn't? There must be some reason, to her mind. The reason she has settled on, it appears, is that my attitude is not positive enough.

To be fair, I do not know whether she means to imply that my symptoms are caused by my attitude being poor. She may mean to imply that my symptoms could be cured if my attitude were more positive. This is also wrong. I do have many physical problems which a positive attitude did not solve. A positive attitude did not fix my plantar fasciitis, surgery did.

If she didn't mean to imply either thing, if I'm "over-analyzing" or "over-thinking" it (she likes to say my sister does that all the time), it doesn't change the fact that saying I need to buck up is a way to dismiss me and my pain. To imply I could achieve even the slightest improvement with an attitude adjustment alone is an insult to me. I have been dismissed many times over the years by my extended family, doctors, and nurse practitioners. I don't need more people dismissing me. I need more people supporting me.

My sister's friend went through a really rough time this past year. She taught in a bad school. She is moving to a new school in a new school district at the end of the summer. My hell is internal, and I cannot escape. I can just put a smile on and be happy with every little thing I can accomplish, and try to be strong to make the extra slack my family needs to pick up for my inability to contribute much to the household a bit more bearable.
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Quote:
3. She is in no position to judge my attitude, as her's has been negative most times I see her and most times my sister visits her

She is in no position to judge over you, period.

Quote:
She is practically a personification of the just-world fallacy, and a firm believer in the United States as a meritocracy. She believes everyone must deserve everything that happens to them, except when bad things happen to her or her family, in which case they didn't deserve it

Either Devil Survivor 2 lied to me about what a Meritocracy means or she misunderstands it. Isn't a Meritocracy a place where, the more and better you work, the more you get something? Like, no family ties or anything influence what job you get or anything?

Quote:
She may mean to imply that my symptoms could be cured if my attitude were more positive

I wonder if she makes it a hobby of hers to go into the Terminal Cancer ward in hospitals and tells people to be more positive, then their cancer will be cured. :ron:

C-A

You’re so small in such a big world...

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
3. She is in no position to judge my attitude, as her's has been negative most times I see her and most times my sister visits her

She is in no position to judge over you, period.

That is basically my point. Thank you for saying so. :edgey: I am in agreement.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
She is practically a personification of the just-world fallacy, and a firm believer in the United States as a meritocracy. She believes everyone must deserve everything that happens to them, except when bad things happen to her or her family, in which case they didn't deserve it

Either Devil Survivor 2 lied to me about what a Meritocracy means or she misunderstands it. Isn't a Meritocracy a place where, the more and better you work, the more you get something? Like, no family ties or anything influence what job you get or anything?

Yeah, that is basically what a meritocracy is. In other words, everyone earns their position in society based on how hard they work, how talented they are, or how otherwise capable they are as people. That is why it is so easy for my friend to assume everyone in poverty has earned it based on them not working hard enough, or for her to believe I have earned my position in society by also not working hard enough. That is her belief in meritocracy speaking. Her belief in the just world is what prompts her to believe I must deserve my chronic pain, which she considers "deserved" because of my attitude. :sadshoe: There are exceptions, though. She would say my mother deserves more income based on how hard she works, for example, and would never argue that my mom somehow deserves to have a daughter in chronic pain.

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
She may mean to imply that my symptoms could be cured if my attitude were more positive

I wonder if she makes it a hobby of hers to go into the Terminal Cancer ward in hospitals and tells people to be more positive, then their cancer will be cured. :ron:

C-A

She doesn't, but I assume if someone close to her were to, god forbid, get terminal cancer, she would encourage them to "buck up" about it. :yogi:
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

Sooo, a protest against police brutality involves killing white policemen? Yeah, that's totally not hypocritical, at all! I'm not okaying it that policemen are unnecessarily brutal to civilians - I don't care what each party's skin color is - but this just seems like they are throwing fuel into the fire.

You know what? This just strengthens my belief that guns should be REMOVED. Period. Even from police force. What, how will police then deal with dangerous people? Martial Arts training. Trust me, it's a lot harder to kill someone with martial arts from afar than with a ranged shooting device. :ron:

C-A

The cape is self-fluttering

CatMuto wrote:
Sooo, a protest against police brutality involves killing white policemen? Yeah, that's totally not hypocritical, at all! I'm not okaying it that policemen are unnecessarily brutal to civilians - I don't care what each party's skin color is - but this just seems like they are throwing fuel into the fire.

You know what? This just strengthens my belief that guns should be REMOVED. Period. Even from police force. What, how will police then deal with dangerous people? Martial Arts training. Trust me, it's a lot harder to kill someone with martial arts from afar than with a ranged shooting device. :ron:

C-A

And what will martial arts accomplish when a criminal has concealed a small blade upon his person? You think guns are the only dangerous weapons to exist? And what happens if a guy goes apeshit with a knife or machete in a crowded place? What are the police going to do then? Tell him to stop slashing people long enough for them to get there and subdue him with a karate chop?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Gettin' Old!

Jean Descole wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

And what will martial arts accomplish when a criminal has concealed a small blade upon his person? You think guns are the only dangerous weapons to exist? And what happens if a guy goes apeshit with a knife or machete in a crowded place? What are the police going to do then? Tell him to stop slashing people long enough for them to get there and subdue him with a karate chop?

Well they are trained with the good ol' fashioned truncheons I imagine. More range than a knife and not as lethal.

Aside from the removal of guns there's a good number of non-lethal weaponry that's used. Tasers and rubber bullets and water cannons and the like.

Though I'm not so anti-guns as to think they should be removed entirely. I'm fine with the Police force having them for extreme threats and circumstances...just wanted to say there's plenty of ways for the Police to deal with a knife-wielding attacker without resorting to...martial arts or lethal weaponry.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Danksgiving

Quote:
What, how will police then deal with dangerous people? Martial Arts training.

And when a criminal gets his hands on a gun illegally, I suppose the police will just do some Jackie Chan/Matrix dodging around all of the bullets and subdue him.

Heck, even if the police force as a whole were being brutal enough to warrant the complete removal of guns (which they aren't), that still wouldn't have stopped that one incident where the "I can't breathe" guy died.

:viola:
CatMuto wrote:
Do not reply to or discuss my posts on the Vent Thread. I am venting, not inviting for conversation.

C-A

Side note, Cat, I don't know if there's a way to make signature text larger, but it might help people see that better if there is.

Gettin' Old!

TheDoctor wrote:
:viola:
CatMuto wrote:
Do not reply to or discuss my posts on the Vent Thread. I am venting, not inviting for conversation.

C-A

Side note, Cat, I don't know if there's a way to make signature text larger, but it might help people see that better if there is.

It was discussed at length. The ruling at the time was that Cat would have to put at the end of a POST in the vent thread for that to be valid. Signatures don't count.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

:)

I got told off at work for helping out.
Which makes no sense as it's the whole idea of my job.

Gettin' Old!

Chloe wrote:

How'd that happen?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Chloe wrote:

How'd that happen?

I agree, we need to know why. Unless you have a stupid supervisor who thinks doing your job is, paradoxically enough, not your job.

C-A

:)

I was working in the quiet unit, and in the unit next to me there's 22 residents that live there and seven wanted to go to the toilet. That ward only had four people to go round. In the unit, I was on there's 11 to two carers, but a lot of them can are quite independent. So I went to help the nursing unit. I got told off by my shift leader, but the nurse came up to me and said well done.

I hate it when I start watching a dub, and everyone sounds great except for one character who sounds so horrible, I end up having to switch to the sub.

I tried watching the newly released dub of One Punch Man, and while the majority of the characters were either good or great, Genos sounded absolutely horrible. The voice itself wasn't bad, but the performance sounded like it was phoned in, and even that's too generous of a description. The odd thing was that I was expecting to dislike Saitama's voice, simply because his original one suited him so well, I expected the dub voice to fall flat. Nope, turns out it's the character that shows up second most often in the series that has the sucky voice, which is just as bad, really.

Spoiler: Politics - Heavy VENT, not really up for discussion
So, the news just played back one of Trump's latests lines.
"Obama is the founder of ISIS."

... ... ...

You are a MORON, plain and simple, GOOD SIR!

Trust me, that's the politest way I can say anything about that. :ron:

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:

... ... ...

C-A

That's some pretty heavy slander...I hope context makes it OK otherwise I'd hope there'd be extreme ramifications for him.

Still I suppose Trump saw no choice but to draw battle lines...it wasn't that long ago that Obama had spoke out against Trump, perhaps he just wanted to go all in and show that he didn't care the current president thought little of him. Would certainly cement some of his supporters in seeing that he doesn't back down. Might net him some of the "thanks Obama" crowd too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Still I suppose Trump saw no choice but to draw battle lines...it wasn't that long ago that Obama had spoke out against Trump, perhaps he just wanted to go all in and show that he didn't care the current president thought little of him.

Trump has made it beyond clear that he hates Obama and thinks he's a terrible president (but in Trump's mind, the ONLY person worth being president would be "Me, myself and I; Moi, that is, me!"), so this statement would do nothing to somehow show Trump in a good light. In fact, that statement of his was so... I facepalmed after being stunned by it for a few seconds.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

... ... ...

C-A

My dad has been jokingly saying the above statement for quite a while. Hearing someone say it on the podium is just a confirmation on how stupid it is.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

In Justice We Trust

Just a reminder: we do have at least one Trump supporter on this forum. The posts about Trump's latest controversy have not led to any reports yet, but this is one of those topics of discussion that can easily get nasty. Please observe proper restraint.
I'll always love you, Max.

So, apparently, my brother's (second) wife that he married a few months ago (and technically only married to be able to support and her kids) has been cheating on him the whole time. Yes, he threw her out and is filing for divorce. I could go on a tangent of mouth-beating this woman into the ground, but... well, those who already know my stance on cheating lovers know that I am doing that in my brain. :ron:

C-A

Danksgiving

General Luigi wrote:
Just a reminder: we do have at least one Trump supporter on this forum. The posts about Trump's latest controversy have not led to any reports yet, but this is one of those topics of discussion that can easily get nasty. Please observe proper restraint.

i dont care if you guys bash trump as long as i can point out how bad your arguments are :will:

As for CatMuto's thing I've been out of the loop for the past week so I have no idea what Trump's trying to do.

But it's still not the stupidest thing I've heard a presidential nominee say.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Mister Gruel wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

i dont care if you guys bash trump as long as i can point out how bad your arguments are :will:

As for CatMuto's thing I've been out of the loop for the past week so I have no idea what Trump's trying to do.

But it's still not the stupidest thing I've heard a presidential nominee say.

Geez, that reminds me of a teacher during my sister's high school graduation awkwardly throwing in pop culture references and having no idea what any of it meant.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Geez, that reminds me of a teacher during my sister's high school graduation awkwardly throwing in pop culture references and having no idea what any of it meant.

Just as bad as a suethor trying to sound 'smart' by dropping names of "OmG, my self-insert totes original character is SO literate and educated, she reads the classics like Pride and Prejudice, you know the stuff that most people have heard about or read themselves!" and then completely miss the actual point of said stories.

Mister Gruel, I cannot believe that anything could be dumber than saying that one single man is responsible for the creation of a terrorist group, when said group actually existed as far back as 2002 (before Obama even came close to being president) and was part of the larger Al Quaida before that.

But I could go into other stuff of what Trump has said recently, but... well, I won't.

C-A

Danksgiving

i thought this topic wasnt up for discussion with you, Cat

And at least Trump might be trying to play the media or put attention on Obama's crappy presidency. "Pokemon GO to the polls" just fails on every level.

No, please do go into other stuff Trump has said. Put your money where your mouth is. Though maybe do it in PMs because I was told before not to have political discussion in this thread.

I never said Pokémon GO to the polls was not stupid. Difference is, that is just a plain stupid statement. Trump's stuff is, in my opinion, infuriatingly stupid.
Hilary's was "facepalm, OmG, that's dumb". Dumb, but ultimately harmless.

And no, I will not PM you anything like that, Mister Gruel. Because we have had a discussion about my and your stance in regard to Trump before. You have blatantly ignored my points of what the problem with his politics and/or statements is. We both know that there's no way that you can make me see any good in his statements, nor will I be able to get you to see problems in said statements. Let's not waste each other's times; we've got better things to waste it on.

C-A

Last edited by CatMuto on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danksgiving

so Hilllary's statement is stupid, but trump's statement is... also stupid. i think we're done here

Go back and read my post, pal. :ron:

C-A

Danksgiving

Quote:
Difference is, that is just a plain stupid statement. Trump's stuff is, in my opinion, infuriatingly stupid.

are you telling me to reread the post that you edited after I posted myself? and are you saying that I was wrong to ignore your points that Trump is just as bad as Hitler, Stalin and Osama Bin Laden?

and if you're not going to give me any actual evidence, via PM or otherwise, then you might as well be Killer Keemstar for all of the baseless claims you make.

and that's my vent

Trivia about Disney's Inside Out: two characters named Logic and Reason were removed in order to give Riley more free will.

... *headdesk* ... *headdesk headdesk headdesk* AND YOU PEOPLE WONDER WHAT IS WRONG WITH KIDS THESE DAYS, WHEN YOU PULL THIS SHIT IN CHILDREN'S MOVIES!? Having Logic or Reason is not bad! It does not HINDER your free will or ANYTHING like that! You NEED logic and reason in your life!

I know that Inside Out has a TON of problems, even for a children's movie. But this? Good lord, Disney, YOU SUCK!

C-A
Page 25 of 40 [ 1583 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 40  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices