Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 37 posts ]

Religon/Faith?Topic%20Title

I don't know, I was just wondering what kind of religons/faiths we have here on the forum. This ain't no debate. Just tell. I hope we're all accepting here.

I, personally, am a Christian. I believe in God, and that he died to save us, but I believe I'm certainly not perfect. And that is pretty evident.

Now, don't be too quick to stereotype. I'm for gay-rights and am pro-choice. I'm not gonna really explain why and how it fits into my faith, but I'm just stating my views.

What about you?
Re: Religon/Faith?Topic%20Title

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

I'm Christian too. I'm fairly faithful but I disaprove of the Church's outlooks on certain issues (divorce, homosexuality). I mean God wants us to be happy right? I'm not a perfect picture, fair from it.

I'm not like a big fucking "PRAISE THE LAWD OR HE WILL SMITE DOWN UPON THEE!"
fuck

DarzieP wrote:
I'm not like a big fucking "PRAISE THE LAWD OR HE WILL SMITE DOWN UPON THEE!"

Amen. He's a forgiving guy. *phew* I curse and don't believe the church's view on divorce or homosexuality either. I try to go to church, when at all possible, but sometimes I don't make it, and that's cool too. HURRAH FOR BILLY GRAHM RERUNS!

stirring

I'm an atheist through and through. If people ask, though, I usually just pretend that I'm agnostic. I don't enjoy saying it.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy

Last edited by Holy Hell on Mon May 07, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I try to go to mass at least once a month. A disgrace I know, but he knows I have the intent to right?
fuck

Eagles...on pogo sticks!

Atheist/Agnostic. I was raised Christian, but I really didn't like their stance on some things (which I won't go into because that would be off-topic Edgy ). I also say agnostic because I might convert to another religion someday (but probably not a Judeo-Christian one).

BIKE MONEY!

Muslim here! (Not a holy one at that.)
I'm cool with the homosexuals, Jews, Martians, whatever. Personality only matters.
I would like to note that Jihad term has been so abused by the Taliban/radicals and non-Muslims so much that it's not even funny. Jihad means to strive the daily inner struggle to be a better person (like avoiding 'sins'), not to blow "infidels" up!

Summery: Stereotypes FTL!

Last edited by RevFirst on Mon May 07, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I thought jihad was like a badly interpretted phrase?
fuck

Am I your wild-type?

A Catholic, over here. *waves* I do love that big guy from above and have a bible hidden away in my drawer. I really need to start going to church again, though... I haven't stepped in a church in.... about 5 years since I moved . O.o

Thanks to Darzie P and Chief_skye4444:
I am glad to know not ALL Christians are like that. Really. That's al I ever bump into anymore here where I live.

Last edited by Morinozuka Takashi on Mon May 07, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commander Shepard

I'm Christian, although I'm not really that religious. I don't normally attend mass, but I do believe in the Christian faith. To me, it doesn't really matter what culture you are from or whether you are gay, or straight, or bisexual, or whatever. I'm cool with everyone, as long as they're cool with me. Hobohodo

About stereotypes, just look at my username. One look and someone would think I'm some type of idiotic 1337-speaker, although I'm really not.

~ a lurker at heart

I don't believe in any religion. Probably an Athiest if you want to group me somewhere. Although, I have this nagging thought in my head of the possibility of reincarnation...
~Aurezai

Worthy's Girl. Den Mother. PxE Shipper

Location: Somewhere In Dream Time (Maine) having tea with Miles Edgeworth and discussing fanfiction.

I'm Roman Catholic. I also repeat what l33th4x0r states whole-heartedly because these are my views as well: To me, it doesn't really matter what culture you are from or whether you are gay, or straight, or bisexual, or whatever. I'm cool with everyone, as long as they're cool with me. Edgy

I'm certainly not perfect and I do try to treat others as I would like to be treated myself: with respect and kindness. :)
Kickin' AWESOME Sig By Elriel! Avatar Artwork by Enrychan (Commission)! Thanks! :)
"Bravo! Another triumph for deductive reasoning!"--SH (Michael Caine)

Archmage

I am Christian, and I belelive in god ((but have a pretty bad habiti and using hte lord's name in vain. NOw the bible is a other story, I do not beleive all the stories in it, I am more partial to Charles Darwin's theroy of evolution.\

I am fine with homosexual couples, divorce, abortion and illegal aliens.

There is two thins that tick me off, RAcistis and extremists. I also hav a problem with sterotypes (I met this person on a other fourm who does not "follow the rules" and take information from pictures and sterotypes I.E. that all emos cut themselves.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I'm a Christian who believes in the whole bible, believes that Jesus died for me and rose again, and in the evidence of speaking in tongues and that Jesus will return to come for his own.

About the whole outlook on the gay community and all that, I disprove of their lifestyles, but I don't hate the person themselves because of that. I'm sorry if thats kind of hard to comprehend, but I guess you can think about it as like having a child who is rebellious and such and you hate what they do, yet you still wanna love them anyways. (ok, I'm talking rubbish here ><)

I really hate it though how alot of christians go around judging people who they say live in sin, but I try my best not to go around judging anyone because I believe that God is the only one who has the right to judge. To be honest, I find alot more christians today hating others because they aren't saved and living lifestyles that they don't approve of and it really ticks me off. Sure as a christian I wish that more people would be saved, but I'm not gonna go around and hate others because they aren't. I've been taught to love others and kill others with kindness and thats what I try to do everyday. (I really hope that this hasn't offended anyone, and if so, I'm completely sorry because I don't wanna upset anyone because of what I believe ><)
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

One feathered Tail

I'm.... Cetrian. It's a made up religion. Everythign i believe and find true fits into no category, so I made a category and call it my own religion. Is that a cult?
"Love Song for Horton #437"

I quote everything dullahan1 said. I'm a Christian through and through. I don't approve of gays and abortion and stuffs, but I try not to hate or be biased about them. Try to, because I have yet to meet someone who's homosexual in my real life.

About how big my faith is...well, it's certainly something I take very seriously, and I even try to study more than what I hear from sermons (try, I'm sometimes just too lazy Bell Boy )

After reading a book about racism...let's just say that I can understand where that come from, but can't really tolerate that.

Quote:
About stereotypes, just look at my username. One look and someone would think I'm some type of idiotic 1337-speaker, although I'm really not.

XD I had a thought that for someone to like PW, and even more to join CR, they must at least be above the common trolls in gamefaqs...but that'd be stereotyping.

BIKE MONEY!

DarzieP wrote:

That's pretty much what I'm saying.
*witnesses Osama and Dubya having a nudist party* Wacky Edgy

RevFirst wrote:
DarzieP wrote:

That's pretty much what I'm saying.
*witnesses Osama and Dubya having a nudist party* Wacky Edgy

What? A nudist party with no Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong Il? HERESY!

As for my religion, though I am Episcobal, I'm not particularly religious. I do believe in God, but I am open to alternate viewpoints...
I yell "OBJECTION!" in the court sometimes!

Soooooo not a Nazi!

I'm a Catholic dude here. Yep. I believe in the teachings (bible wise) but not with their views. Gay rights for example. They can't help it, so we should just deal with it. Oh yeah, abortion should be okay (look at this secario: girl raped at 15, becomes pregnant. She can't raise it, so abortion should be avalible). I like my religion, I just wish we would all remeber what we learned in kindergarten (say sorry and accept people, for one)
:badger: = awesomeness

Built For The Kill

I'm an atheist, and proud of it. :P

I don't believe in the existence of a god, heavily anchored on the fact that I believe in the Theory of Evolution, which is condemned by most Christians, (At least, the noobs from Noobie Land PokƩmon Forums who refuse to use logic.) and I don't agree with the views the Christian Church has on people in general. Doctrines, sacraments, miracles and such... I just don't get them. :/

The 911 incident also has something to do with why I'm an atheist, but I'd rather not elaborate on that right now.
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

Listening to K.K. Slider

I am Catholic and I attend the Vietnamese mass every Saturday evening. I read the second reading during mass about twice a year. I treat others the way I would want to be treated.

BIKE MONEY!

Chinese Infantry wrote:
What? A nudist party with no Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong Il? HERESY!

Gant : DAMN THIS IS SOME GOOOOD NUDIST PARTY! I FEEL LIKE I COULD CONQUER THE WORLD *starts taking off his clothes*
I FEEL LIKE I COULD SWIM ACROSS THE PACIFIC OCEAN *Jumps into the Lake* HEY EVERYONE, LET'S GO SWIMMING!

Foreign Attorney

I'm Theravada Buddhist. Theravada is a branch of Buddhism, just like Protestant or Roman Catholic in Christianity, and is a dominant branch in Southeast Asia. It's quite different from Mahayana branch commonly known among the Europeans and the Americans. In Buddhism, there's no such entity that can be referred to as "the creator of all" god. We believe in karma; You get what you've done. Good deeds will return you favorable results, and you will have to pay for all your bad deeds. No one else can take your karma away, or bear its consequences other that yourself. Also, we believe that every human can obtain knowledge, enlightenment, and achieve a state of nirvana all by their own efforts, with or without aids from The Buddha's teaching.
Everything start from contradiction.

Last edited by Kharl on Tue May 08, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hug an Edgeworth today <3

I have my own little religion because I don't think the real ones stand out much for me...
Thank you very much Deefunx for the sig ^_^

Comfy and easy to wear.

I'm like Darzie P and Chief_skye4444, really. I go to church on Sundays (read and help out occasionally, too), go to a Christian school (though that's more because it's the only school in the area not infested with chavs) and totally believe in the important parts of Christianity - specifically the 'love others' part.
I love other religions, though... they're really fun to study and see how all the ideas from different cultures and religions slot in together.

~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~

I'm a damn athiest. I just can't see how God would exist (not judging anyone for what they believe, this is just my view on it) I'm a science girl and only believe what I can see. I uess thats pretty boring and depressing though, believing in God would be cool, but I can't convince myself without proof.
(I love religious people though, but only the nice ones! XD)

Fabuā™„

I'm Jewish, but I'm sort of a mix between Conservative and Reform.
I believe in God and take part in the Jewish holidays but I don't believe in all of the customs.
I do eat pork, shrimp and crab, I don't celebrate Shabbat on Fridays. I wear jeans and pants, not skirts.
I believe in the Ten Commandments, though I don't believe a person will burn in Hell for just eating a certain type of food. We do try to keep kosher in the house, although I do eat dairy with meat XD
I do however respect the holidays, such as no bread on Passover, and fasting on Yom Kippur.
I respect other people's religious beliefs though. When it comes to religion, I see them all as different paths, but they all lead to the same place.
Edgy
ImageImage

BIKE MONEY!

LySs, you eat pork? You're insane!
*pork stash falls from my own jeans*
Ack OH SHIT! *runs*

Last edited by RevFirst on Tue May 08, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

I'm part Muslim and part Catholic. But I myself have my own views on things.

I'm a theist but have no religion. I'm weird like that.

(Sorry but I have to bring the thread back to Life, the rules say I cant create repetitive threads)

I was born in a Family of fundie Christians and i am an atheist, I have always been an atheist. They dont know yet. I plan to tell them only when I am older and independent. religion is OK, but why impose religion into your child?

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I'm pretty sure if the thread is over 9 years old, it's okay to make a new thread.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

The law is full of contradictions.

I'm agnostic. I find a lot of people seem to not understand what exactly agnostic people are. We aren't atheist. We just are more logical about religion. Choosing to believe in facts rather than faith, but also are open to the idea of God existing should proof ever present itself. See there is no way of proving whether or not god exists. So while Atheists are against religion all together, someone who is agnostic can accept or even practice a religion without actually needing to believe in any one religious figure. I personally don't practice any one religion because it restricts my freedom of choice. But instead follow my own ethical code, while also keeping to mostly neutral ground with god, or gods, or whatever ethereal being you believe in. While I don't know if they exist I am open to the idea. I'm also an egalitarian liberal.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"

^same, though I identify more as atheist.

Cutting it down to the bare bones, it's a confusing world and we all want answers. Many have religion. Meanwhile I don't think anyone's found the answer yet and am just waiting until we do. People centuries ago couldn't possibly have imagined space, and I think the truth is something more far-out that anything we could imagine. It's totally fine if you're religious, especially if it gives you meaning and/or existential peace. So long as people are cool to each other, then that's all that matters.

Despite being an agnostic-atheist I feel the agnostic bit is by technicality. Yes, I can't prove there isn't a god. But whenever we find out what started the universe, I don't think we're gonna find out a god was involved. That just pushes back the question to what the origin of said god was. Once again, I can't say a god didn't jump-start the universe, and I think it's fully within reason to believe one did too.

It's very difficult for me to explain my view when it comes to this subject. I don't even know where to begin with. Since I was very young, 10 y/o or so, I've noticed that orthodox religion is probably not for me. I'm far from being conventional in personality and worldview, and I personally don't relate to anything that mainstream religion is about. I believe truth isn't something that is very easy to find. A Universe where only one religion is the truth and all other religions are wrong doesn't make sense to me. It is too simplistic imo. I think things are more complex than that. What if I was born in India? People would try to preach Hinduism to me. That would be the "truth". Since I live in a Western country, people try to preach Christianity to me. If I was born in Afghanistan, people would preach Islam to me. I look at religious people I know IRL and honestly, I feel like a lot of them are just parroting the religion/philosophy their cultures want them to have. Why is the religion that happens to be dominant in the place I was born in (Christianity) any more valid/true than all the others across the globe?

This is not to say I think all religions are wrong, either - I believe in the exact opposite. I think every religious text and tradition has some kind of truth in it, but not the kind of truth that most people are expecting to find. Most religious people interpret these texts literally, take at face value etc. I think they are actually talking about things that are more abstract, intangible and psychological in nature than others think they are. Things that are not supposed to be the subject of scientific examination in the first place.

Now, I could say that I am technically an atheist, since the definition of atheist is lack of belief in God(s), and I really don't believe in/worship any God. But I am actually drawn to everything that is kind of... esoteric in nature, I guess? I like things like I-Ching, Kabbalah, tarot, hermeticism, looking into people's astrological charts etc. I also loooooove Ancient mythology, like Greek or Egyptian mythology... Zen Buddhism and Taoism are def beautiful, too, and most oriental philosophies I know of. So I really don't restrict myself to anything.

Whoa, I wrote a lot... in the end, didn't really say anything. I guess I could spend hours and hours talking about this subject.

I'm Agnostic, and I never have really thought about it. Although I did try to get into it several months ago. But it wasn't really my thing. It was because of conflicting beliefs and stuff like that.

Last edited by ZoomBoom124 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Baptized Catholic. Raised Baptist. Now on the fence between Protestant Cafeteria Christian and Agnostic.

A new dawn.

Used to be religious, now agnostic. I've always wondered about the creation of the universe, but I don't think we'll be getting an absolute answer any time soon.
Page 1 of 1 [ 37 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices