Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 6 of 7[ 254 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Things You Miss From When You Were YoungTopic%20Title

Max Sugar, No Taste

SUMMER VACATION.

As in... that time of the year you actually had free time. *gasp*
I haven't had a vacation for years. When I'm not studying I work. Well, I'm kinda liking this job; I'm a nightshift-nurse so I work 4 nights and then get 4 days off. But that's as close to a vacation as I get. I won't even start about how much I miss not having to pay bills and rent and... aaargh. :larry:
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head

My son is bored. Care to play with him?

...I miss the blissful illusion that I would be both married and a father by the time I was 27.

The Real Human Being

Gregory Wright wrote:
...I miss the blissful illusion that I would be both married and a father by the time I was 27.

Love is not Time's Fool. You shouldn't wait for love to come to you, It sometimes loses it's way.

DoMaya wrote:
Gregory Wright wrote:

Love is not Time's Fool. You shouldn't wait for love to come to you, It sometimes loses it's way.

My story's funny that way. I tried; I really did. When I had just finished high school, it looked so promising. I had a girlfriend at the time and we were pretty serious. She dumped me in favor of another guy...and tried to keep me in the dark about it. Not smart. After her, I solemnly swore to pursue women who were more likely to work out in the long run. Such was my luck that over the course of the next seven years or so, I would be rejected six times. Just this year, one of those women has apologized for what she did to me. She and I are now on friendly terms. I don't know exactly where it's going, but the ride's been wonderful so far. It's a far-flung hope, but the possibility exists that she might reconsider. Ironically, this turn for the better happened after I gave up on her, swallowed my pride, and braced myself to watch her marry another man.

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

I miss the old Lays Pickles taste...
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

The Real Human Being

I remember this show...
And miss it.

Dexters Lab and all the other CN stuff

I pity the youth of today that has to watch Hannah Montana and Icarly instead of the awesomeness that was Dexters Lab and Johnny Bravo
ImageImage

[/failure]

End Quote wrote:
Dexters Lab and all the other CN stuff

I pity the youth of today that has to watch Hannah Montana and Icarly instead of the awesomeness that was Dexters Lab and Johnny Bravo

This, all the way. I loved those shows. Also, Lost. I couldn't watch it back then (I watched all 6 seasons over summer break), but it would have been awesome if they had come out with it, say, this year, instead of all these idiotic comedies or whatever they do these days. (I don't watch much TV these days, obviously.)
[rant]

[/rant]

smile

DoMaya wrote:

I remember this show...
And miss it.

Good times, good times. That's when Disney was cool and had cartoons. Now they have Hannah Montana and all that crud.
ImageImage
the sig was made by PandaPrinzessin
Bellossom avatar made by me
Husband: Marche Tobaye

I love all the kids here bitching about what younger kids are watching XD

I miss when The Simpsons was still funny, my childhood metabolism and my Sonic videos.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I know right. I love how they reference the good shows when most of them were but a mere babe or weren't even thought of when they were out. =D

I can honestly say that there were shows on Nickelodeon growing up that were absolutely terrible, but I actually tend to enjoy iCarly a bit. It really reminds me a lot of the old All That humor a bit when growing up and it makes it really enjoyable for me. I probably just enjoy the cheesy humor and the slapstick too much, but hey, it's what I grew up on so it's what I like. Granted I don't think Dan Schneider is as good as he used to be, but every once in a while he'll still pull out something worth watching.

I will admit there is much more out there that isn't worth watching, but it's not like the 90s were perfect either. They had their share of utterly terrible shows as well and some I wish to forget.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

The cape is self-fluttering

dullahan1 wrote:
I know right. I love how they reference the good shows when most of them were but a mere babe or weren't even thought of when they were out. =D

That, and comparing older cartoons to current non-cartoons lol apples to oranges wut
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Adrian in black wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

That, and comparing older cartoons to current non-cartoons lol apples to oranges wut

It's just that there are less and less cartoons and more of the live action shit

I mean, we have to compare it to something, to live is to complain.
ImageImage

The Real Human Being

dullahan1 wrote:

I can honestly say that there were shows on Nickelodeon growing up that were absolutely terrible, but I actually tend to enjoy iCarly a bit. It really reminds me a lot of the old All That humor a bit when growing up and it makes it really enjoyable for me. I probably just enjoy the cheesy humor and the slapstick too much, but hey, it's what I grew up on so it's what I like. Granted I don't think Dan Schneider is as good as he used to be, but every once in a while he'll still pull out something worth watching.

I will admit there is much more out there that isn't worth watching, but it's not like the 90s were perfect either. They had their share of utterly terrible shows as well and some I wish to forget.

.:looby:. wrote:
I love all the kids here bitching about what younger kids are watching XD

I miss when The Simpsons was still funny, my childhood metabolism and my Sonic videos.

It's funny because with things like Youtube and DVD collections coming out, more and more kids can compare old cartoons with new cartoons.

You actually have a better opinion on two things when you test them side by side.

Imagine having eaten a hostess pie when you were young
It was the best goddamn thing you've ever had.

Now have another one twenty years later with the memory of your first being the best goddamn ever.

You find yourself dissapoint Image, not realizing that twenty years ago you were just as big a retard as today's young generation was. And you were, in fact, infatuated with the first thing you got and was convinced nothing else would ever compare.

Feel old, listen and watch to old shit\/
http://www.oldtimeradiohome.com/orderit.htm
http://fearocity.com/theater/looneytunes/Title7.html

Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

Spoiler: "Too Much Awesome for Just One Sitting"
ImageImage
ImageImage

This Song.
This Anime.

• Watching Bambi, Peter Pan, and Tom and Jerry: The Movie, on repeat every day without getting bored of them.
  • Having the ultimate revenge on someone was killing their favourite Tamagotchi.
  • Airbud
  • Knowing everyone in the neighbourhood and getting every kid in the neighbourhood to come over to play Melee.
  • Having Big Buddies!
  • Knowing exactly what to get everyone for their birthday. It's always easy to get a kid a present. But people get boring when they get older.
  • Fighting with other girls over who got to be the Pink Power Ranger when playing Power Rangers.
  • Sports Day! (I find that some schools never had this: Basically, the entire elementary school was divided into 4 teams: Blue, Red, Black, and Green. (There used to be Yellow but because the Yellow Power Ranger was a girl, no boy wanted to be on the yellow team.) These 4 teams would compete in activities all throughout the day for points. The winning team (the one with the most points) would get a party!)
  • RadioActive (Might be a Canada only thing. But it was a TV show about these teens having a radio show and it was the funniest goddamn thing ever.)

Also: "My spoon is too big."
Thank you ILoveMaxGalactica* for the signature~

Gavin Bros. <3

Like most of you, I miss the TV shows.
Yugioh, Pokemon, Hey Arnold, CatDog, etc...

I also miss how I used to be popular at my private school before I transferred. *sigh*
I felt like I had privileges because of it. Hah!
Nothing to see here...

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I miss having the people around me not trash-talking every new cartoon and thinking they're terrible for no good reason.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Honestly, I never got much out of Scooby Doo. I got a chuckle out of Shaggy, but the rest of the crew bored me to tears.

This might have been mentioned before, but does anyone remember the Garfield Halloween Special? The video might take a while to load, but if you have the time, I don't think you'll regret waiting.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Gregory Wright wrote:
This might have been mentioned before, but does anyone remember the Garfield Halloween Special? The video might take a while to load, but if you have the time, I don't think you'll regret waiting.

I have that on DVD. It's very worth it indeed.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

This show was a gem.

Lone Wolf

I missed not having any worries in this world.....
Other than that, the only thing I missed is my innocence as a kid.......
I didn't miss my childhood too badly, considering mine is a terrible one.....

TAkE YouR hEaRT

nekonohime wrote:

Hey! I remember that show....well, at least the intro of it.

-------------------------------------

This show and that movie were and still are awesome.

[/failure]

Yaragorm wrote:
I miss having the people around me not trash-talking every new cartoon and thinking they're terrible for no good reason.

Well... the cartoons I watched from ages six to nine were the awesome CN ones...

And my six-year-old neighbor (and her nine-year-old brother)'s favorite show is a tie between Wizards of Waverly Place and iCarly.

REALLY NOW.
[rant]

[/rant]

The Real Human Being

Whenever I post in this topic I listen to this song.

Things I miss are old games I can't find anymore.

It's been forever since I've played Wetrix

Apollon Flame

That feeling of playing a new video game. The game always felt fresh and wouldn't bore me.
A King

in name

alone...

The Hoosiers :) Just too cool.

i just miss playing games in the playground with friends...but i dont miss that guy that looked like a pedo that wached us alot....'~'
my sprites Image(click the pic for pandas graphics~)

Et tu, Brute?

Things I miss:

1) Memories of Paper Mario, Super Mario 64, Zelda: Ocarina, Super Smash Bros (yes, the original trumps all others for nostalgic purposes).

2) Watching Disney movies ever so frequently (my favourite being The Aristocats :shoe: and Lion King )

3) The general air of bliss, uninhibited by cynicism, that surrounded me wherever I went. :minuki:

4) The simplicity of love, as purely familial.

5) A broad, liberal arts education (I am not a fan of the streamlined nature of school as one progresses through one academic institution to the next...it forcibly makes learning a chore).

6) Not knowing what teh Interwebz are...and being a better person because of that.

The Real Human Being

I am still waiting for the "amazing" retort to my argument.

Call me Ishmael.

Playing piano, being good at drawing, Duck Tales, some old friends, not having to feel paranoid wherever I go.

Whenever I think of my childhood, I automatically think of winter. I have no idea why. Perhaps that's why I like snow so much.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Et tu, Brute?

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Playing piano, being good at drawing, Duck Tales, some old friends, not having to feel paranoid wherever I go.

Whenever I think of my childhood, I automatically think of winter. I have no idea why. Perhaps that's why I like snow so much.

Huh, you too...

Ace Sidekick!

I'm probably the only person here who doesn't miss shows from the past. Don't get me wrong, I have my childhood favorites that I still love today but, I keep hearing people say that cartoons suck nowadays and I don't think that's completely true, at least give newer cartoons a fighting chance.

But I do miss Saturday morning blocks and cartoons.
I also miss playing with pokemon toys, I wish I could've kept my pokemon toys for the sake of collection, but for some reason my father always wanted me to act so grown up, even at the age of 10.
Neopets when it was actually good.
And my childhood innocence.
Hmmm, that's it. My childhood wasn't that great. My younger self always thought that the only things worth living for were videogames, computer, and television. Now that I'm older, I still love those things but I don't treat it like my bread and butter.

Let it go and move it move it

I used to love Neopets! Now a site called Moshi Monsters is the craze with children. My younger brother has shown me the stuff countless times and it does not look anywhere near as good as Neopets did.

I miss happiness... :larry: I was really happy as a child. Now a day doesn't go by where I don't have something to worry about.
Within Temptation

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Lucy wrote:
I used to love Neopets! Now a site called Moshi Monsters is the craze with children. My younger brother has shown me the stuff countless times and it does not look anywhere near as good as Neopets did.

I miss happiness... :larry: I was really happy as a child. Now a day doesn't go by where I don't have something to worry about.

Childhood innocence... I wish I didn't have the responsibilities I have today. I also miss my Spawn toys that I had, but I treated them poorly. They would look so nice next to my other collectible figures I have now :sadshoe:
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Ace Sidekick!

Lucy wrote:

*hugs you tightly* I'm on the same boat you are. :sad-maya: I wish I could get you some nice Phoenix/Franziska stuff to cheer you up. :/

Mmh, these plastic 'Princess Shoes' that I got in america when I was really young. They were all lilac or shimmery blue, completely made out of plastic, but I did like them back then - I was much more feminine. Although I still wore pants underneath my skirts, even back then I think we got them another time, I guess when I was 11 or 12? But I outgrew them fast and have not seen them since...

Actually getting up early on the weekend and watching cartoons. I still love the coyote and all, I just don't know if it's still shown and I can't really get myself to get up and watch them...

Sunday Spreads with my mom. This wasn't done all too long ago, I don't remember when it started, but I think it sort of stopped when I hit age 15 or 16. My mom would generally make a spread for breakfast-lunch on sundays and we'd eat together. Then I guess I started getting up later and later on sundays and it sort of stopped.
We still do it sometimes on other free days, but not the 'normal' one from before.

C-A

I've felt worse.

The one thing I miss is when my older brother was still nice to me. Now, he's about as distant as :lana: was
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Ace Sidekick!

Oh yeah, I forgot that I miss when Spongebob and Patrick were actually cute and funny, and not doing things that made my stomach turn in pretzel shape.

It would've been ever so nice if the show ended of at 200 episodes as it was originally supposed to. :yuusaku:

Let it go and move it move it

Emiko Gale wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot that I miss when Spongebob and Patrick were actually cute and funny, and not doing things that made my stomach turn in pretzel shape.

It would've been ever so nice if the show ended of at 200 episodes as it was originally supposed to. :yuusaku:

How could I forget Spongebob?! That show used to be so good and I still enjoy watching the older episodes now. Why did they have to ruin it?

Also, thank you. :'(

This topic is depressing...
Within Temptation

To not have to worry about money and time, while living a more simple minded life than I do now. Also the manga book store I used to go after school, the store owner would give us a card and stamp it everytime we bought a book, then we could get a 5 bucks reduced next time we shopped. Then I would go home and enjoy my book before starting on homework, it was a monthly routine or sometimes weekly depending on the money I received monthly.

I used to live in city so I guess I heavily miss this too. I miss walking outside and window-shopping or walk around just for the sake of it because there was more things to look at and not an absolute need to use a car every single time just to look at a fountain(which is a problem if you're like me and don't have a driver's license), I'd just go in the subway...yeah...I can't wait until I get out of where I am at the moment.
Page 6 of 7 [ 254 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices