Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 22 of 23[ 913 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Re: Let's Talk About The New School YearTopic%20Title

My childhood right here

Apollo72 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
And on a side note, my mom took my phone, upgraded it to a iPhone 4S, gave my sister her old number and the iPhone 4, and I get her old shitty Tracphone (which she only had because she literally destroyed every other phone she's had). I'm being very mature about this, even though I don't even get to keep my old smartphone to use over Wifi. I haven't complained or made threats at all. I deserve a medal or something.

I'm on it. Here you go.

We have a winner!

Man, my GPA is in a sink hole right now. I basically got Ds and Fs the first two semester at my new school and I have a 0.75/4.0. God help me. I hope I get good final grades this semester because I REALLY need it.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Holy crap! What are you doing that's getting you those grades?! Wait, let me rephrase that...

WHAT ARE YOU NOT DOING?!

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

My childhood right here

AABattery wrote:
Holy crap! What are you doing that's getting you those grades?! Wait, let me rephrase that...

WHAT ARE YOU NOT DOING?!

Look, I'm not stupid. I've been studying my ass off ever since I got to this school, but the professors give us exams on bullshit that they never go over in class and I end up failing the class because of it. You really shouldn't be judging the situation when you don't even know about it.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

I wasn't calling you stupid. You shouldn't jump to conclusions. People can be smart and still get terrible grades.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, then.

rock on rebel warriors

AABattery wrote:
People can be smart and still get terrible grades.

ACADEMIA
alles ist scheisse

This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice

nekonohime wrote:
Look, I'm not stupid. I've been studying my ass off ever since I got to this school, but the professors give us exams on bullshit that they never go over in class and I end up failing the class because of it. You really shouldn't be judging the situation when you don't even know about it.

OMG, that happened to my chem final in university! Frick, I think I heard the whole exam hall have a mini heart attack when they turned that page!

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**

I hate globalisation! 9am seminar for it tomorrow and it always goes pretty badly, it's not that it's not interesting, they just teach it pretty badly and there's a lot of work to do for it.

My other two classes are pretty awesome though.

My childhood right here

Math: What the fuck is this? I don't get square roots anymore. I used to understand. Now, fuck no.
Global: Easy, teacher's a bitch because no one talks (irony?)
French: Meh
English: Easy, teacher has GOT to be high. She's always singing, dancing or screaming
Gym: Pfft. We get study halls every day, no joke, because it always rains, and our new gym blows
Chem Lab: I need partners who know what they're doing, because I don't. I called one thing a bong on a quiz, another a bowl, and I called the "iron ring" (bullshit, I might add) a mini basketball hoop.
Chemistry: Once again, I need partners who know what they're doing. I can't focus at all in that class, and I do well on tests, but that's it. I suck at the worksheets.
Video Game Design: I have the highest grade, the teacher keeps recommending that I do field trips and take certain classes in the future, and we're doing pivot. PIVOT. BEST CLASS EVER.
Health: We do literally nothing at least twice a week.

Spanish: I think I'm doing better than I was. I took my midterm exam yesterday and I was pretty confident that I got a decent grade.
Math: Just chugging along... We've been talking about annuity and interest rates. Ugh.
Biology: This class... God, THIS CLASS. The exams are really hard. >_<
Consumer Society: Piss easy. It's online so... Yeah.

My childhood right here

nekonohime wrote:
Spanish: I think I'm doing better than I was. I took my midterm exam yesterday and I was pretty confident that I got a decent grade.
Math: Just chugging along... We've been talking about annuity and interest rates. Ugh.
Biology: This class... God, THIS CLASS. The exams are really hard. >_<
Consumer Society: Piss easy. It's online so... Yeah.

Copy-paste questions? That's what I do for everything online and in question format.

It's more like multiple choice, but it's REALLY easy to look up the answers. But a lot of it is just common sense and no brainer stuff.

Going fangirl over Larry Butz

I feel like ranting about all my classes now :D

Spoiler:
ICT: Computer tech is mandatory in Grade 9. Except it's a pathetically easy course. All we do is go over Word/Excel/PowerPoint/etc. and do a bunch of pointless "practices" so we know how to use them. Also, my teacher is OBSESSED with LanSchool! She blanks everybody's screens every 30 seconds! As well as taking off the Internet! That's why I live for a sub who doesn't know how to use LanSchool :D

English: Awesomest! My teacher is really nice, and I love writing :redd:

Math: :yogi: I'm not the greatest at it, but I manage to do okay. (In the 80s).

Band: Pretty fun. We're going on a three day trip soon to some place with cabins. It'll be fun, though :pearl:

PE: Fun when we're doing sports like basketball or soccer. Otherwise, this is me: :edgeworth:

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

I wanna join in the class-explaining party! I like reading about everyone's classes :D

Math: I did pretty well on my first midterm, but now we're moving onto stuff I've never seen before at an alarmingly fast rate. And then there's integration by parts mixed with trig identities and substitution. WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE. So much trial and error juggling all three of them D8 Fingers crossed that I can keep up.

Java: This is my first time ever programming, so I was kinda nervous, but it's pretty fun and I've been understanding everything alright so far. I have to spend about 6 hours a week in the CSE lab, though, so that's really tiring. Still, I never thought this would be so fun~

Writing: I'm in some fancy-pancy Honors writing course due to my high SAT score, but I wish I didn't have to take it. It's required by my university (along with 2 quarters of Philosophy. WTF, my major is Computer Engineering, and that's what I came to study, WHY are you slowing me down by making me take electives I don't want?) Still, the normal class has to write all the freakin' time while we do a lot more reading and only do about 3 essays, so that's nice.

Intro to Engineering: This is only a 1-credit seminar, so it's meant to give Engineering students some insight on what they're getting into, but honestly this is like the equivalent of homeroom. All the lectures so far have been really vague and not very helpful, so I hope it gets more in-depth soon.

Is still absolute trash.

Steel Turnabout wrote:
Video Game Design: I have the highest grade, the teacher keeps recommending that I do field trips and take certain classes in the future, and we're doing pivot. PIVOT. BEST CLASS EVER.

Can I just say that I still hate you for having a class like that? XD

Hell, might as well join in on the explaining. :D

Princip. Of Human Edu: Next week we start watching videos about drugs for Drug Week. DX THE SHIT I'VE SEEN ON THOSE VIDEOS.
Accounting: It's....... tolerable. To say the least. I'm still no fan of income statements, balance sheets, and worksheets.
Dual English 4: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight = Not a fave. Animated video of SGatGK = Shit scarred me for life. But at least I'll get to do an essay that involves watching a movie before reading King Arthur. *plans on getting to do Labyrinth for her essay*
Dual Government: I knew there was a reason I hated politics.... XD
Environmental Science: All we ever do is talk about off-topic shit half the time. Other times? Cramming studying, classwork, and research into a class period ALONG with off-topic jibjab. *kicks wall*
Art 3: Just got done making masks. I would've done a Protoman mask, but I decided against it when my teacher said I'd need to fix it up some. ._.
Office Aide: This technically isn't even a class. All I do is sit in the Jr. High office playing on my computer, take stuff over to the business office at the elementary, and copy stuff in the teachers' lounge.
Senior Free: *gets to go home/go to work early* Woot~.
*trumpet sounds*

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

I'll join in!

Intro to Programming: In C++. This class is too flippin' easy. I don't even...
Intro to Microcomputer: Another flippin' easy class. Just using Microsoft Office. Piece o' cake! It's usually just formatting stuff, adding cosmetics, makin' it look purty.
Intro to Information Technology: I don't even pay attention in this class and I'm passing. It's not like the teacher is really teaching anything (This teacher also teaches my C++ class). I just sit down and read Deadpool. >_>
English 100: I HATE this class. The teacher doesn't even know how to teach. I skipped a whole week of this. I don't even care. I'll just take it again next semester, but I'll pick a different teacher.
Math 100: So easy. My math teacher is such a pushover.

Gettin' Old!

Worst Question I ever had was

Describe Astronomy in 4 words:

Have a think

Spoiler: Answer
As above is below

Thing is we were taught that phrase, but I don't think he referred to it once as a definition of Astronomy, it was basically a way the Egyptians laid out their lands to mimic the heavens.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

My childhood right here

Pierre wrote:
Worst Question I ever had was

Describe Astronomy in 4 words

According to my Earth Science teacher last year, "Stars are friggin everywhere"

tastes like new reed

School's all well. I got ramen from my friend as an early birthday present, and she said that I'll be getting ramen for my actual birthday and for a belated birthday gift, so, I get ramen three times this school year. :hotti: Success.
Augh but why why why does everyone have a Facebook oh my gosh. We're 11-12 years old frick the age limit is 13. I know I'm not one to be ranting about age limits but seriously, like, everybody has a Facebook. I was talking to this girl and she said, "Oh, I'll have to post that on Facebook," and for a second I was like, "What the crap?" because she didn't seem like the kind to have a Facebook.
One of my friend's friends told me to get a Facebook and I was thinking, "In 2 years I will, but I probably won't be talking to you." The only reason I'd get a Facebook would be to talk to my relatives and wish people happy birthdays.
It's sorta awkward for me because 1) I haven't seen these people since two years ago, and 2) They're way more annoying than they were in 3rd.
Frick I don't even think my friends from the school I came from notice me anymore. They're all guys, but it sorta hurts to be replaced. 4th-5th grade: Practically Family. 6th grade: I am 1/2 of the time a loner.
But besides those two large factors my anime friends and I do alright. When I showed my mom the ramen she gave me a weird look and I said, "You should be glad! I'm making friends, mommy!" and then she went back to her sewing.
Thanks for caring, mom.

It's the same thing at my university. EVERYTIME I go to class, EVERYBODY is either on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or any other social network site.
I'm not surprised elementary and middle school aged kids are doing this now, because my 12 year old cousin wanted a FB page since he was 10, and his parents said that he couldn't have one until he was 13. Got one more year, kiddo. It's kind of strange to me because when I was that age, Facebook did not exist yet, so I find it kind of perplexing that kids want to do this stuff.

Ah, technology. XD

*runs in*

Oh, I'm late... ^^; I said I was going to talk about my first day but that happened ages ago and stuff happened that day so I was took off guard...Anyway! I'm settling in quite well. It's been what? Three weeks? At any rate...

History is fascinating, because we're learning about the Cold War and I knew what an ICBM is! :D
German is okay, but our teacher is strict and I seem to have missed out on a HELL-LOAD of work...
English is good, and I seem to be doing well. Plus, we watched a film.
Maths is..well, I don't really need to explain. It's Maths.
Science is awesome. Just fantastic. It's GCSE level, so we do all sorts of wacky, fun STUFF. Well, we will do. xD
French is the best thing ever. I love the language, the place and the people. I love learning about them too. And the man who introduced me to the school, the head of my Hall in the school...wait for it...Is. My. French teacher. And he's awesome as well.
So, yeah. I'm enjoying it. ^^ Thanks for reading this all, you deranged person. xP

(tl;dr: School is good and you are not deranged but lazy, instead.)

My childhood right here

Ffffffuck I have to write a Social Studies essay comparing the French Revolution and the Italian Unification, using nationalism. Fuck that. Didn't Italy have to use the Red Ribbon Army or something to unite? That's not exactly nationalism.
And I have to do some dumbass English project for a mid-term grade. It's October. I have to write a song. About Macbeth. Fuuuuuuuuuck

This year I had a get-together for my birthday of everyone who's still in the state and has the time to go (read: 3 people) and we played video games all day. I had a google+ hangout open so any buddies who wanted to could drop by and chat with us, so that was pretty cool. My bros are up in arms about it, though; they're like "This is why growing up sucks: it means no more fun birthday parties!" BUTBUT I don't have the time or larger friend group to plan something more awesome! Everything changed this year, to the point where I didn't want to celebrate my birthday for the sake of staying on top of my schoolwork.

Speaking of social networks, I've always been annoyed by them because people seem to substitute it for a social life, and brag about having 1000 friends when they really only sorta know 200 of them. Still, I'm a bit of a hypocrite for having one myself, but with most of my friends and family being so far away, facebook is the most reliable means of communication. And I rebelled against google+ but my friends and I got one for the sake of being able to do 5-way video chats.

First university essay handed in today! Slightly nervous on getting those marks back...

tastes like new reed

I tripped... over my own shoelaces today. It was like a face fall from walking quickly to my locker to my face ending up on the tile.
I should really tie my shoes. Maybe even get shorter laces.
So yeah, my knees were burning after that, but now they hurt whenever I put pressure on them, like kneeling or crawling, they burn.
Wah.
Oh, and my homeroom teacher's requiring that the first and last cores(I'm in her first core) do the Reflections program. It's like a thing where they give you a prompt or a theme and you can draw, write, take a photograph, dance, or do a musical composition that pertains to the theme. This year's was "Diversity means...".
Yeah.
And our teacher, she talked about it three weeks ago, and the classes as a whole didn't know that it was mandatory until Monday of this week.
I think I was one of the few who knew. I finished mine on the Friday of our three-day weekend last week.
Now all I have to do is turn it in.
And and and my science grade is up to a 105, but the program that my science teacher uses to keep track of the grades only takes up to 101.
One time she read one of my answers to one of the essay questions on a test we took aloud to the whole class. A dude from across the room mouthed "Over achiever" to his friend.
Haters gonna hate.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Jesus Christ, my English teacher can have his rendered from his shoulders. I spend an ass load time working on an essay and I get a D on the damn thing. He then tells me what I did wrong and I how I should've improved. A lot of good that does me.

He also likes making us write up rough drafts before the final is do so our peers can review them. We print out 3 copies, 2 for the peers and 1 for him. I get shitty people to read mine who do NOTHING to tell me how to do better and the teacher doesn't even look at the drafts since he believes that the peers should do an adequate job of correcting everything. He doesn't teach us how to improve our writing. He wears a stupid toupee and he's an asshole. How I loathe him so. Fuck him.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

filipinoamerican wrote:
And and and my science grade is up to a 105, but the program that my science teacher uses to keep track of the grades only takes up to 101.
One time she read one of my answers to one of the essay questions on a test we took aloud to the whole class. A dude from across the room mouthed "Over achiever" to his friend.
Haters gonna hate.

They're just super-jelly of your awesomeness. BD

So I've been keeping my grades up, college has been alright (still don't have friends, but I've found good acquaintances who are helpful so I guess that's a start) and I was planning on chilling and studying this weekend when I got a reply from a scholarship I applied for a few weeks ago that included the chance for an interview to get an internship. I would rant about how I never got any scholarships cuz despite my high grades, my family is middle-class and therefore I cannot win any minority scholarships BUT that's a story for another day.
ANYWAYS, I got a message back that's like "Congrats! NOW DO ALL THIS STUFF IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS, YOU'VE GOT AN INTERVIEW ON MONDAY GOGOGO" and I'm like "AAAAAAAAH *flail*" and need I mention I don't have a resume. So I spent hours yesterday creating one (I made one in high school, so I just needed to SEVERELY change everything) and now I'm terrified that I'm gonna have my first interview. Gonna study up on the company this weekend and hope for the best.

I just need to remain calm.

... *fetal position* HEEHOOHEEHOOHEEHOO

My childhood right here

Mwahahaha! In Social Studies, I had to write an essay about nationalism, and the French Revolution and Italian Unification and the what-not. So I left school early and typed it up, emailed it to the teacher. Not only did I get a 125, she also used it as an example for the other classes for what to write. Fuck yea
In English, we're reading Unwind, and everyone thinks I'm skipping pages because I'm over 100 pages ahead of them.
And chemistry... well you can't win them all.

tastes like new reed

Steel Turnabout wrote:
In English, we're reading Unwind, and everyone thinks I'm skipping pages because I'm over 100 pages ahead of them.

That book is just fdjsakfldsa;cmekjfdkls;amcd.
I love that book.

My childhood right here

filipinoamerican wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

I love that book.

Everyone hates on it, and I'm just like "... yeah..." then change the topic by being awesome, such as catching a pencil (thrown from behind me, I might add) in my sleeve when I reach up to brush my hair back.

tastes like new reed

Steel Turnabout wrote:
filipinoamerican wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

I love that book.

Everyone hates on it, and I'm just like "... yeah..." then change the topic by being awesome, such as catching a pencil (thrown from behind me, I might add) in my sleeve when I reach up to brush my hair back.

:beef: Why would they hate Unwind?
Frick.
I love that book.
I don't understand how people could hate that book at all.
Oh yes, being awesome definitely changes the subject.
At least for you. I do awesome stuff all the time, but nobody cares.
Because I'm only known for drawing, and because I don't have a Facebook, people forget about me.
It sucks.

Is still absolute trash.

filipinoamerican wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
filipinoamerican wrote:
I love that book.

:beef: Why would they hate Unwind?
Frick.
I love that book.
I don't understand how people could hate that book at all.
Oh yes, being awesome definitely changes the subject.
At least for you. I do awesome stuff all the time, but nobody cares.
Because I'm only known for drawing, and because I don't have a Facebook, people forget about me.
It sucks.

I know that feeling, filipino. I have no Facebook or a cellphone, so I don't know what's happening half the goddamn time.

Good thing, too, honestly. I'm really not afraid of leaving my classmates and friends behind after high school. Because I hate my whole class that damn much.

Also, reading Macbeth = GODDAMN YOU ENLGISH CREDITS.

But at least I get to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra again this year. That much I can look forward to at least after the shit I've gone through since last year in total.
*trumpet sounds*

My childhood right here

So, I finished. Did not see the ending coming. Or rather, the part right before the ending, with Lev's crew detonating accidentally, and Lev not going off. Shit's intense.

tastes like new reed

Steel Turnabout wrote:
So, I finished. Did not see the ending coming. Or rather, the part right before the ending, with Lev's crew detonating accidentally, and Lev not going off. Shit's intense.

Yep. He gets locked up in a padded cell thing so that they can get the explosives outta his system. If I'd gone through being locked up in a padded cell thing for a long time, not being able to move, I'd probably die of my eczema. Fricking eczema.
And and and when Emby's lung reunites with all the other parts of the Mr. Dunfee's son's body parts, it was so sad and awesome and fjdalfdjalkd;jfkdmcdsjeifdmk.
Lev turns out to be such a dynamic character that he'll probably never be the same "I'M A TITHE NOT AN UNWIND" person. Poor him.
The ending of the book almost made me sorta cry. Not really, but it was sad. Very sad.

Subaru Saito Hikari wrote:
I know that feeling, filipino. I have no Facebook or a cellphone, so I don't know what's happening half the goddamn time.

Good thing, too, honestly. I'm really not afraid of leaving my classmates and friends behind after high school. Because I hate my whole class that damn much.

WOO. *highfives*
The only means of actual in-real-life communication I have is my email.
But I have less than ten contacts so... what does it matter.

Ah, that might be me when I graduate middle school and high school. Although, the number of people I can tolerate has gone up quite a bit. The two classes that I can completely tolerate are my 1st and 4th core classes, otherwise known as Language Arts and Science. All of the people in those two classes are tolerable. In Social Studies and Math, it's like, the people sitting around me.
I think, when I graduate middle school, the one person I'll probably miss the most will be my anime buddy. Even though she refuses to watch FMA, we're still good buddies.

1000% Knight

Jade wrote:
Writing: I'm in some fancy-pancy Honors writing course due to my high SAT score, but I wish I didn't have to take it. It's required by my university (along with 2 quarters of Philosophy. WTF, my major is Computer Engineering, and that's what I came to study, WHY are you slowing me down by making me take electives I don't want?) Still, the normal class has to write all the freakin' time while we do a lot more reading and only do about 3 essays, so that's nice.

You wrote that weeks ago but YES. EXACTLY!!!

Anyway. Only awesome people wait until past the halfway point to review classes!

Intro Psych: Zomg this class is so much fun. The lecturer is so funny and interesting :3 Labs are long and kinda a pain, but the lab TA is a cool guy, and the labs are never as difficult as they actually seem. The midterm was hard (avg 68, which is apparently what the prof was aiming for) and I dunno my numeric grade, but I got a good letter grade so yay~
Psych of Music: This class is fine... the readings are kinda boring ~_~ The lectures are interesting enough. Also a good chunk of it I learned last semester in Physics of Music xD Dunno my midterm grade, but he said the lowest grade was a B and most people got A's, so I'm not worried~
Econ: My god this class is hard T_T The material is just ~_~... and it's all proof-y... and.... The lecturer isn't that good, but I get the feeling that he's trying to be a better teacher. So I give him that. The TA changed after the midterm, and this new TA seems a LOT better than the old one. So that's good :3 And the average for this midterm was a 61. I didn't do that great numerically... but I got quite a few points above the 75th percentile, so whatevs ;D
Japanese: No idea how I did on this midterm... But the class is fine~ Some days I don't really feel like doing it, but... eh. Our textbook is just a bunch of reading passages, and all we do is reading comprehension questions and discussion questions. ...All spoken. So it's a lot of work xD But it keeps on happening when I learn something in class, and then a day or two later I see it in GK2, or I see something in GK2 and then learn it in class a few days later. xD I also love the fact that the homework is graded so leniently. The paper will be covered in red, and it'll be a 14.5/15 xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

My childhood right here

filipinoamerican wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Yep. He gets locked up in a padded cell thing so that they can get the explosives outta his system. If I'd gone through being locked up in a padded cell thing for a long time, not being able to move, I'd probably die of my eczema. Fricking eczema.
And and and when Emby's lung reunites with all the other parts of the Mr. Dunfee's son's body parts, it was so sad and awesome and fjdalfdjalkd;jfkdmcdsjeifdmk.
Lev turns out to be such a dynamic character that he'll probably never be the same "I'M A TITHE NOT AN UNWIND" person. Poor him.
The ending of the book almost made me sorta cry. Not really, but it was sad. Very sad.

Right? I never expected the Admiral to be the crazy Dunfee guy, or that he really WAS getting the pieces of his son back together. And I see Lev as Future Trunks. Short, clean cut hair at the beginning, then longer, badass hair, which gets cut again. But seriously, it was a fucking awesome book. And I have such high standards for books, I don't even read anymore, since most books disappoint me (ironic, eh?).
And not much to report, except me and my friends have been stealing entire cases of spoons from lunch in order to play the Spoon Game.

1000% Knight

Our Japanese exams were so bad, the teacher had to regrade them xD

But I did fine after the regrading, so yay~
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

My childhood right here

Bad Player wrote:
Our Japanese exams were so bad, the teacher had to regrade them xD

But I did fine after the regrading, so yay~

Same thing with our chemistry "naming compounds" test.
I failed both times.
Page 22 of 23 [ 913 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices