Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 2 of 2[ 59 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Thank you, Court-RecordsTopic%20Title

Thank you for always keeping up-to-date with the latest Ace Attorney news. Keep up the good work my homies :sillytrucy:

Billy Mays never lies.. Right?

Wow...
This is quite amazing. I would have never expect something as simple as Ace Attorney to impact a person's life like this. It just astonishes me. :acro:
And so I ask, why is the next Ace Attorney (Dual Destinies) not featured at E3 or something instead of
'Call Of Duty: Modern Black Warfare Ops Ghosts 12 Zombies HD' or whatever overused, overly-hyped game that has been made for consoles? I give props to Nintendo and Capcom, helping each other on the brilliance known as Dual Destines to bite the console war from behind! Hold on, I'm rambling... :wendy:
Currently working on something...
PS: It isn't some crazy Phoenix/Apollo pairing, don't worry.
Every fanfic wrote:
Then, a Maya-shaped nuclear bomb drops down on us and turns us into cotton candy.

TurnaboutUsername wrote:
Wow...
This is quite amazing. I would have never expect something as simple as Ace Attorney to impact a person's life like this. It just astonishes me. :acro:
And so I ask, why is the next Ace Attorney (Dual Destinies) not featured at E3 or something instead of
'Call Of Duty: Modern Black Warfare Ops Ghosts 12 Zombies HD' or whatever overused, overly-hyped game that has been made for consoles? I give props to Nintendo and Capcom, helping each other on the brilliance known as Dual Destines to bite the console war from behind! Hold on, I'm rambling... :wendy:

It's true though, ace attorney has impacted people in different ways. I remember it bring the reason I wanted to study law in the first place. In my opinion Nintendo should make the series one of its big contenders next to Mario and rest. Maybe if that happens I'm sure the fan base would grow even bigger, which in turn drivers bigger sales. :notes:

Billy Mays never lies.. Right?

Prosecutor Yuugami wrote:
TurnaboutUsername wrote:
Wow...

It's true though, ace attorney has impacted people in different ways. I remember it bring the reason I wanted to study law in the first place. In my opinion Nintendo should make the series one of its big contenders next to Mario and rest. Maybe if that happens I'm sure the fan base would grow even bigger, which in turn drivers bigger sales. :notes:

The only problem with that is that Mario is, well, Mario. It's near impossible to rival his fame and success. Plus, seeing as Ace Attorney is mostly writing, it will take years to make new games (As proven), while Mario gets something every year, even if it is just 'New New Super Mario Bros. U HD: Luigi Version'.
Currently working on something...
PS: It isn't some crazy Phoenix/Apollo pairing, don't worry.
Every fanfic wrote:
Then, a Maya-shaped nuclear bomb drops down on us and turns us into cotton candy.

I'm Lauren Order, and I'm fine!

Sorry to bump this old thread, but it's stickied anyway so I might as well go for it. I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread earlier. Seeing people from the past post on here really just brought tears to my eyes. I know people might think I'm overreacting when I say that not a day goes by when I'm not affected in some way by something that originated in these forums. But honestly, I've never met a better online community. I wasn't the biggest poster, but I read lots of threads and occasionally put myself out there. I just wanted to add my gratitude to the thread. I'll leave you all with this blog post I made back in November regarding the Sprite Cup and how it reminded me of my first online contest: the 2008 Court Records OC Contest.

Here's a quick excerpt of the post that really sums up my formative years here: "Those were the days. The days when I learned about memes from people who posted SFW content from 4chan on our random chat boards. The days when I met a diverse array of people that I never would have encountered in my sheltered private high school. People from all different countries, of all different races, genders, and sexualities. I am happier than ever that I spent my most formative teenage years on the internet in such a caring environment."

We had our trolls and rough times, but overall the community was, and continues to be, super awesome. :acro: Thanks so much, guys.
Don't be a Phony Phanty... save Bum Rap Rhiny today!

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Thank you Court-Records for entertaining me for 3 years already with some hot topics regarding Ace Attorney and other stuff.

C-R is the best forum when it comes about such topics and I'd like to say thank you for everything that has been happening lately in this amazing forum.

Keep up the great work, fellas! :jake:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Yay!

Ah, I'm glad this topic already exists. I was about to open one.

Well, yeah. You're so awesome. I'm new here but I fell in love with this website immediately. It's just awesome. You answer questions faster than I ever thought. You tell us news about the game. You can find so many fans here and talk about your favourite characters et cetera. It's so cool. Thanks to everyone.

Gettin' Old!

This is my 10000th post.

I know I’ve done one of these already but, well in light of the number I’m feeling sentimental. I know I consider it silly when people go “Whoo got my Ace Attorney badge!” as they hit whatever the post limit is for that these days but…perhaps it’s just been so long that I’ve forgotten that feeling. I’m sure I was probably much of the same back then so bear with me I feel I've earned this.

It caught my attention the other day that I looked over a post of mine and spotted my signature. I love that little thing; I lack any real artistic talent so I can’t create the ideas that come to mind which always makes it difficult when collaborating as you are never sure how things will turn out as you don’t have total control so things might never seem perfect. That signature was perfect. It came out exactly as I’d imagined it would. Not at first, at first there was no background just the sprites in the right places courtesy of Chesu, then Zombee chimed in with the background work at it was wonderful. Then I realised sadly that I couldn’t actually remember anything of the two people who helped me make it. I went back and looked at their posts back then, they both ran separate sprite topics, they're pretty good too! I'm thankful for them, even though they've long gone, I was never able to advertise their threads in my signature due to the character limit so at least that's done now.

Court Records was a wondrous place back then, spriters and artists of all different styles and qualities just offering their services out there to help. I always felt extremely guilty I couldn't contribute in that sense, I only had words and I didn't have the conviction or passion to write fan fiction. Fan fiction doesn't suit me as I don't think I'd especially do the original characters justice, an opinion that's got me in trouble before but no matter. It was difficult to be on this forum around such wonderful artists and be relatively talentless yourself. I wasn't even the most vocal either there were much larger personalities back then, DoMaya is still as legendary as he was back then but there were others, some have ascended into Modhood and fallen quiet of late. I remember being intensely jealous of DeMata when he became a Mod, I was older and I'd been around a bit or so I thought at the time. I was dumb and younger then I don't think I'd have been a good one, I don't think I can bring the 'neutrality' to a situation that Mods require. DeMata was a good guy, I remember talking with Coffee Prosecutor about Monster Hunter, arguing constantly with Icer over...practically nothing (even getting banned once for it, warning: Croik is always watching and hates passive-aggressive comments) and teasing Yaragorm about Gardevoir, I think DoMaya actually wrung my ear about that latter one, and rightfully so. He might be a troll at times but his heart is in the right place. I'm thankful for all these old people some of whom I've not seen in a long time without them I doubt I'd have turned out quite like I am (maybe to some people that's a bad thing but I'm quite content with myself).

I looked through my PMs on a whim, even older faces were there, franini and Somari, BSX (who I had the delight to meet in person when we met in Glasgow for the Scotland Loves Anime screening of the Phoenix Wright film), Arkillian trying to educate me once to be more critical of fanart. Reminded me of good old RP days when Carchasecityman was around and did a lot of wonderful things. There used to be a giant 'family tree' on Court Records, members would marry off to each other and have kids and the like. It wasn't for me, and I regret not participating more in it, I think I was too serious. It was something that done in Primary School when I was a kid so I always saw it as kind of silly, but it created such a wonderful sense of community back then among the members involved and it was really admirable to behold. It's a shame that most of them have gone now, or have degenerated into lurkers but it's nice to reminisce. I remember one person in particular; back when I was young on the forums, back when I went by the name of "Herr Blondie" (something I'd actually forgotten) that showed me just how kind CR could be. Ceres sent me a PM congratulating me on a happy birthday, I was just a tiny new member, I'm not even sure I had my Ace Attorney's badge at that point, who had posted in this sprite thread once or twice to applaud his magnificent work. To this day I think he might still be the best spriter on here but for someone to reach out and send me a nice happy birthday when I hadn't even mentioned it and I was a relative unknown on the site it just...well it felt wonderful to be included like that. I'm thankful to all these people and wish some of them were still active but that's forum life I suppose.

All in all I just want to thank Court-records, it's been a long time over the years and I've seen a lot of good faces come and go, I'm not the oldest here and I'm glad of that. It can be strange and isolating when you see a lot of new faces and less old ones about the place so I'm relieved that there's still some older people about the place. My biggest regret about Court-Records is probably not being here when it all went to pot and everything shifted to the backup forums. I dunno what happened then, I might have been busy at university then or maybe I just had other things to do but from what I've heard from Looby and older members it was quite a nice time and I'm ashamed to have missed out on it.

In any case I'm just glad that Court-records is here, it's given me such a wonderful time and has opened my world to wonderful and challenging people who have helped my grow and know myself better over the time I've spent with them and around them. In light of a bright and exciting new future for the Ace Attorney Fandom, with GS6 in the works and DGS also being made I hope to have many more happy years on CR with all of you.

I trust my signature will last another few years before I need to change it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

You’re so small in such a big world...

Here in good ol' 'Merica, it is now the day after Thanksgiving. I thought it would be appropriate to express my own gratitude on this day. This will be a long post because I have a lot to say.

When I first joined C-R in late April of 2008, I did not know what I was getting into. My sister frequented this site and introduced me to it. Her username here was root_beer_junkie. At the time, I had just finished participating in the high school version of The Music Man. I was on crew for it, and it would have been a horrible experience had I not liked my peers in the drama program. I found that I memorized every song in that musical even though I had no acting roles in it. That's just how my memory worked back then. There was exactly one song in the musical that I really liked, which was "Lida Rose." Thus, I called myself Lida_Rose, simply because I couldn't think of a better username at the time. It is now my username on any site I frequent. Since most sites don't let me keep my underscore, it has increased in importance to me. :basil:

Anyway, when I joined, I didn't know that I was supposed to make an introductory post in Press Conference. I just started roleplaying. I was...pretty terrible. This was before profile skeletons were a necessity to submit. Therefore, my characters were all Sues. They didn't have much personality or back-story. They just kind of popped up in the RP out of the blue. The paragraph rule wasn't explicitly stated in most threads, so I often found myself thinking that more a paragraph was too long and apologized any time it happened in my posts. I was very active in the Berry Big Circus as well. I scarcely visited anywhere else.

Then I started making smiley comics. DeMat mentioned those. That was where I learned I could be creative and receive support. But then smiley comics were regulated to one thread and one thread only. I stopped making them. For a time, I was so disappointed that I didn't really visit this place. That's about when my sister stopped visiting entirely.

And then, one day, for some inexplicable reason, I decided that if smiley comics weren't "art", then I would prove that I could do any of the accepted forms of art, just to show people that I was an artist. Besides, I needed a creative outlet. Since spriting was something I had no talent for, and I certainly could not draw, I decided to write fanfictions.

Writing fanfictions introduced me to a lot of great people and helped me write better in general. The quality of my roleplaying increased as a result. I was still pretty bad at this stuff, though. Then I became ill in early 2009. I didn't get to a computer or type. I left a lot of my friends confused and worried, wondering what could have happened to me. Others were angry at my sudden disappearance. I was involved in a lot of RPs after all, and people don't like it when a player leaves without advanced notice. It was months before I could type again. When I came back in May of 2009, everything had changed. Suddenly, profile skeletons were commonplace and the paragraph rule was stated. No more just barging in with a random character as I had done in the past (I'm surprised no one told me I wasn't supposed to do that). I had changed as well. I now wanted all my characters to have depth. Of course, at the time, I thought giving my characters "depth" meant giving them a tragic back-story to constantly reflect on. Only trouble was, I could never pick to a back-story and stick with it, leaving many of my character flashbacks contradictory to each other.

I tried to post regularly, but I was still ill. I couldn't reliably be expected to maintain any threads I was a part of until 2012. And now, I think back on all that I have learned, thanks to this lovely site and all the friends I made. I have learned how to make characters people, how to write something people might actually enjoy reading, how to maintain friendships, and how to communicate with others. Thank you, Court-Records. And thank you, fantastic members, admins, and mods, who have all helped me along the way. There are way too many of you to list~ Let's see, I joined in 2008 and it is now 2013, so that means I've been a member of this forum for five years. Here's to another five years. :b33r:
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

DeMatador wrote:
See ya in 2016... if we're all still alive next year!

Damn. Missed the date :/

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Thanks DeMat. Always had nostalgia about this place from when it first started, never thought I'd start having nostalgia about this place from 2012.

DeMatador wrote:
Haha, no, of course I'm not going anywhere you silly silly man! I simply said that because it'll be 4 more years in 2016, so I could do another "it's been 4 years" post then.

Holding you to this too. Don't go disappearing again before you do this. Sorry, but you saying you missed your deadline won't suffice as a "it's been 4 years" post for me. =)
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

dullahan1 wrote:
DeMatador wrote:
Haha, no, of course I'm not going anywhere you silly silly man! I simply said that because it'll be 4 more years in 2016, so I could do another "it's been 4 years" post then.

Holding you to this too. Don't go disappearing again before you do this. Sorry, but you saying you missed your deadline won't suffice as a "it's been 4 years" post for me. =)

Damn. I actually feel bad about this now :(

:)

It feels like it was only yesterday when I first made an account here.

Suave.

I can't believe my account is 11 years old. I first registered here in 2006 when the forums were still running on the old system. They were full of activity back then and it was hard to keep up with all the new posts every minute. Once they were upgraded in 2007, I was one of the first people to register and was one of the donors who gave money to keep the servers running (? at least that's what I think the donations were for.). Sometime in 2008 I stopped posting since I slowly lost interest in the AA franchise both for personal reasons and because the quality of the games dropped significantly after the original trilogy - AJ was average, AAI was plain mediocre and the direction the franchise has taken doesn't interest me at all. I was thinking about it today and remembered this website so I figured I'd make my annual visit/post.

From what I've seen, some of the few regulars I remember are long gone and even the site's admins (Wooster, Croik) don't seem to come here anymore. Nowadays with Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook and other social media this place has seen better days and so have most message boards. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Missed my 10th anniversary, damn.

Just wanted to say that despite not posting, pretty much ever, I think about this place and my time spent in it every single day. Court-Records basically made me into what I am, and I'm going to repay that somehow to the entire community. Someday. I know how but it's... Gonna take a while.

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

I was watching the UK's usual dismal performance in this year's Eurovision today, and ended up talking to some folks on Twitter (Darzie P, etc) that I am still proud to call friends to this day.
It was a throwback to 2009 when our breakaway group were watching and commentating on that years' competition.

Good times. I'll never forget this place. Sad to see it so quiet.

DeMatador wrote:
Missed my 10th anniversary, damn.

Just wanted to say that despite not posting, pretty much ever, I think about this place and my time spent in it every single day. Court-Records basically made me into what I am, and I'm going to repay that somehow to the entire community. Someday. I know how but it's... Gonna take a while.

Update on this: still pending. Gonna take a while, as I said.

:)

I’m still alive thanks to this fandom.

Gettin' Old!

Chloe wrote:
I’m still alive thanks to this fandom.

Sounds heavy! Are you ok?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 2 of 2 [ 59 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices