Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 3 of 39[ 1532 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next
 


Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

To be fair, Hitler turned the Swastika on its side so it's not EXACTLY the same.
Spoiler:
Image
Image

I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

Bad Player wrote:

DoMaya wrote:
They take symbols, they take words, they even take certain styles away from the rest of us just because they want to be different.

Rather than blaming the gays for "taking" the symbols/words/styles, I think you should be blaming the society that prevents you from being "fabulous" like you want without being accused of being gay.

(also a guy secure with his heterosexuality would have no problems being fabulous~)


No....it's not really a case of being secure in our heterosexuality. That would just prevent the cognitive dissonance between our self-perception of ourselves as heterosexual and perceived homosexual behaviour/traits.

I am comfortable liking stuff that is associated with homosexuality but when people make false accusations or assumptions it is irritating, especially if they use it in some derogatory sense.

Is it not ok for a man to smite down untruths anymore?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

You know what really grinds my gears? Topics that are really active for a few days and then just flat-out die.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3398

Oh look at that, an admin promoting a thread about rage

You know what really grinds my gears?
Immigrant Nationalists.
People who come from a different country, have their national flag on their house/clothes/car, and insist that their culture is better in every way. These are people who leech off the system (not always the case, there are plenty of productive ones) , will never bother to learn the predominant language of the country they live in, only interact with people in their own culture, and the worst of all? They treat you like the foreigner when you go to little mexico/china/korea/armenia/douchefaggot.
You live in OUR country! Not YOURS! You want to keep your moonspeak? You want to never deal with the white devil? You want to bump your mexicano garbage and not get bothered by the police? GO THE FUCK BACK TO THAT SHITHOLE YOU'RE SO PROUD OF! THIS IS MY SHITHOLE!

Re Mc'tard wrote:
Ugh You're SO IGNORANT DoMaya! America was founded by immigrants! YOU'RE an immigrant! Quit hating on them so much!


I'm proud of MY country, I plan on living here all my life, God bless the USA! Land of freedom! And screw anyone who wants to make it mexico!

I'm not against you having a culture, I'm against you hating mine and getting away with it just because you're a minority; "expressing Racial Pride".


P.S. The blacks and their culture is fine, black is a part of american culture. And I'm not just talking about "gangster" stuff either. The Blacks have a proud history and they deserve it, I'm just sad that a vast majority of the younger blacks only know the "gangster" part of black culture, what's worse is that the damn media just puts this image out there about what a "Black Person" should be like.

And that is what really grinds my gears.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

DoMaya wrote:
People who come from a different country, have their national flag on their house/clothes/car, and insist that their culture is better in every way.



Here in Brazil we have many italian immigrants who wave their italian surnames around, take double citizenship before they're even 18, support Italy in the World Cup, put the Italian flag on every single wall or avatar they can find, say that they have italian roots... AND NEVER SET FOOT IN ITALY! They can't even speak italian to save their lives!

And worse is that they keep talking trash about Brazil and about how they can't wait to make a fortune and move to Europe with "more civilized" people and whatever. Well, good luck with the Euro crisis then, rich spoiled motherfucker



I'm using Italy as an example because it's the most common happening, but there's plenty of similar cases too.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

DoMaya wrote:
Re Mc'tard wrote:
Ugh You're SO IGNORANT DoMaya! America was founded by immigrants! YOU'RE an immigrant! Quit hating on them so much!


I'm proud of MY country, I plan on living here all my life, God bless the USA! Land of freedom! And screw anyone who wants to make it mexico!


....eh, as long as you are fine with the other Immigrants who come to the country, display their homeland's flag and are still 'productive' to the society, I don't care. But it's a pretty valid point. Technically, nobody has any freaking right to call the USA 'their country' unless their ancestors were in that part of the country when Columbus came and made 'America' known to the rest of the world. Same thing if you tell someone to 'Go home' or anything like that.

You know what really grinds my gears? That super-patrionism of the Americans.
Nothing against you DoMaya, your post just reminded me of the super-patrionism of other Americans.

People like america? They like the country, the government and all that, that's fine. Just tone it down with the american flags, you don't have to show them all over the place to display your cuntrycountry or love for the place. And don't jump down my throat because I think that America is not perfect or could possibly have a flaw. I think the Patrionism got really out of hand right after 9/11.
I'm not saying 9/11 was nothing to worry about.
Sure it was, it was a very tragic thing to happen. I can understand that people are frightened afterwards and might cling to Patrionism and their american flags like a comfort-blanket, but they harp on about it. Can't you let it go already? Especially as your reasoning for being so patriotic. What, you think that if you don't say how Patriotic you are about America, another 9/11 will happen?

And don't go at my throat, either, for saying this.
Let 9/11 go already. This isn't an America-Only thing. I'd say the same thing towards Germany with Hitler. Yes, History Teacher. We get it. Hitler was bad. How about you tell me something else that went on in Germany's history? After all, you've been yakking Hitler at me since 7th Grade all the way up to 10th Grade when I graduated. Germany did other things in history! America also had other things happening in history!

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

Imminent Rage Comment Incoming: Hitler wasn't ALL bad, he did some good things for the country before he went on the oppressive rampage across Europe like building the Autobahn.

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Guns, or specifically America's borderline-dependence on them. When people outside America think of America they think of violence, they don't think of rich art or music or poetry or philosophy anything like that in their history they think of gun-toting rage-roiding maniacs. I know it can't be the case but when incidents involving guns come to light and the response to them show up like people saying 'hey we'll just stick police in our schools with guns' or 'hey guns don't kill people, this guy is just insane' I just can't get over it. It's not that the guy isn't insane but pumping more guns into the situation is the wrong way to look at the problem. Guns are like a cancer too rooted to remove in America because many citizens are so damn proud of their deadly reputation.

It leads to stories that you'd think are hilarious until you realise they are true:

Bank gives away a free shotgun to folks who open an account - Well that's like saying "Here Rob me"

"Kiddies first rifle!" A 'toy' for children, actually a loaded rifle with a coloured frame to appeal to children - Story in papers today about how a five year old accidentally shot his 2 year old sister and killed her with it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Quote:
they don't think of rich art or music or poetry or philosophy anything like that in their history they think of gun-toting rage-roiding maniacs.


America has that? I'm sure they do, but whenever I went to California, the entire atmosphere just seemed empty and lacking in cultural stuff to look at. Then again, I'm not one who likes to look at cultural historical stuff... I don't even like sightseeing stuff in my own city.

I don't get it why people even want guns in their house. Even people who say they hate guns eventually get one. Why? Because it says so in the constitution about the 'right to bare arms'? Although I like the Family Guy version of it being the right to display 'bear arms' onto their walls...
Sure, a gun can be something you use to protect yourself with.
And if you have guns and kids, just make sure you have the gun in a safe where the kids will never, ever, ever get their hands onto it or the combination. No handwritten note in your bedside table, no code jotted down in your little black book, written in a file on your PC or anything like that. You can't remember the code for the safe to your gun? Well, in most cases, that's a good thing.

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

I'm not trying to defend the obsessive gun-toters here, but part of the problem with guns in the United States is that certain elements are convinced that their possession of guns is the only thing keeping the government from repressing them. Now, I know the government isn't always the most trustworthy organization out there, but the idea of the threat of rebellion being the key to freedom is fundamentally flawed. After all, what guarantee is there that the hypothetical rebels are in the right? I've dealt with some of these anti-government types before, and the things they propose are... un-American, to say the least. I'm far more scared of these "rebels" than I am of the government. Our government is put in office through votes and rule of law. Rebels are put in office through force of arms.

I'll stand by the Second Amendment, but as with the First Amendment, there must be restrictions. There are few civilians that I would trust with something along the lines of an AK-47. Call it tempting fate, but I wold be quite surprised if the United States became a country whose government ever needed to be overthrown. If you're really worried about self-defense, a pistol will probably suffice, but for the love of humanity, keep it locked up where others can't get to it. If someone gets shot because of your irresponsibility, you should be held partially responsible for the incident.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3398

If everybody has a gun then nobody would have the advantage, criminals will get a gun regardless of any laws that may be enacted.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

DoMaya wrote:
If everybody has a gun then nobody would have the advantage, criminals will get a gun regardless of any laws that may be enacted.


Thank you DoMaya this is the perfect example of one of the dumb excuses I've heard for keeping guns in the country.

The black market means criminals will get guns anyway you say, but it's still not such a big deal in countries that don't offer civilians firearms. Sure gun incidents come up occassionally but nowhere near the same rate as they do in America or (at worst I've heard) near the same rate as one American city per year.

Besides it's not like you would need to totally disarm but restricting guns on civilians would be a massive step. Though like I said I fear 'guns' are engraved in American 'culture' so deep that for all the school massacres and executions or even neighbourly feuds gone wrong that occur I doubt they'll ever consider restricting guns because that is restricting America's 'freedom'.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

DoMaya wrote:
Oh look at that, an admin promoting a thread about rage

:tennis:



on-topic: a gun is no big deal if it's properly stored and handled.

...it's a pretty big "if", though.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3398

Pierre wrote:
DoMaya wrote:
If everybody has a gun then nobody would have the advantage, criminals will get a gun regardless of any laws that may be enacted.


Thank you DoMaya this is the perfect example of one of the dumb excuses I've heard for keeping guns in the country.

The black market means criminals will get guns anyway you say, but it's still not such a big deal in countries that don't offer civilians firearms. Sure gun incidents come up occassionally but nowhere near the same rate as they do in America or (at worst I've heard) near the same rate as one American city per year.

Besides it's not like you would need to totally disarm but restricting guns on civilians would be a massive step. Though like I said I fear 'guns' are engraved in American 'culture' so deep that for all the school massacres and executions or even neighbourly feuds gone wrong that occur I doubt they'll ever consider restricting guns because that is restricting America's 'freedom'.



You damn hippies dun gone tried to change the U S of A too many damn times, if we want to kill each-other then let us do it, that's freedom!
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

DoMaya wrote:
You damn hippies dun gone tried to change the U S of A too many damn times, if we want to kill each-other then let us do it, that's freedom!

In that case, you should be petitioning the government to legalize murder.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Pierre wrote:
[...] I doubt they'll ever consider restricting guns because that is restricting America's 'freedom'.


I guess that's also something that grinds my gears.
This whole freaking talk about FREEDOM!!
FREEDOM! FREEDOM is super important! How DARE you restrict my FREEDOM!?
I'm not saying I want to live in a place where, by law, I'm forbidden from wearing the clothes I want, watch or eat what I want, etc, etc. But somehow, I think Americans and America seems to up-play their freedom to hell and gone. Really, what's so different from America's freedom to Germany's freedom?
Right of free speech? I can do that in Germany, too. As long as I do it in a non-violent fashion, I can say the government is crap and wish death to people who annoy me, nobody's gonna throw me in jail for that.
Can't think of other examples because... far as I can tell, nobody says there's ANYTHING else in the constitution or anything else that somehow shows their freedom.

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3398

General Luigi wrote:
DoMaya wrote:
You damn hippies dun gone tried to change the U S of A too many damn times, if we want to kill each-other then let us do it, that's freedom!

In that case, you should be petitioning the government to legalize murder.



It is legal, we call it "the insanity plea"
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

The insanity plea just results in the defendant going to a mental institution instead of prison--assuming the plea's accepted in the first place.

Oh, and CatMuto, yes a thousand times. As annoying as some immigrant nationalists are, it's the self-proclaimed "True Americans" that really grind my gears.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

You know what really grinds my gears? People who don't follow street laws. I can't stand the number of people that drive UNDER the speed limit. Not that going 10 over is good either, but 10 under is just as bad. You're driving a BMW, so shouldn't you be going a little faster than that when you're in a car like that?
And people that run stop signs! Just cause you don't see anyone around at the time doesn't exactly give you the right to run the sign just cause it saves time. You'll develop a habit to run more stop signs which increases the probability of you getting into an accident.

What's the point of having rules that are supposed to protect you and others on the road when people don't even follow them D:
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

Blak The Great wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? People who don't follow street laws. I can't stand the number of people that drive UNDER the speed limit. Not that going 10 over is good either, but 10 under is just as bad. You're driving a BMW, so shouldn't you be going a little faster than that when you're in a car like that?

Well, it's an upper limit, so anything below it is fine. Plus it's not like you always want to drive the same speed; if the weather is bad, or you're coming up to a turn, or the jerk behind you is tailgaiting, you probably want to go a bit slower.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Bad Player wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? People who don't follow street laws. I can't stand the number of people that drive UNDER the speed limit. Not that going 10 over is good either, but 10 under is just as bad. You're driving a BMW, so shouldn't you be going a little faster than that when you're in a car like that?

Well, it's an upper limit, so anything below it is fine. Plus it's not like you always want to drive the same speed; if the weather is bad, or you're coming up to a turn, or the jerk behind you is tailgaiting, you probably want to go a bit slower.


I understand going slower during rainy weather and such, but right now in California the weather is pretty nice and traffic isn't too bad during the hours I drive to school. You really shouldn't be going 30 in a 45 zone. Of course I'll end up tailgating you because I'd been driving 45 right until the point where I got directly behind your car. Now I have to go out of my way to change lanes while you continue to drive slower than everybody else.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

It is rather annoying to get stuck behind a slow driver, but I imagine there's usually a good reason for their behavior. For example, they could be lost, or they could be uncomfortable going faster. Considering the kinds of nutcases I've encountered on the freeway, I can understand why some people might be afraid to go fast.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

General Luigi wrote:
It is rather annoying to get stuck behind a slow driver, but I imagine there's usually a good reason for their behavior. For example, they could be lost, or they could be uncomfortable going faster. Considering the kinds of nutcases I've encountered on the freeway, I can understand why some people might be afraid to go fast.


They could be doing something that they're not supposed to be doing too. Like texting! Or talking on the phone!

Outside left turn lanes are dangerous too. I had a big pickup truck cut me off from my turn. I honked at him after I let him turn into my lane and he flipped me off. Yay!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

Blak The Great wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
It is rather annoying to get stuck behind a slow driver, but I imagine there's usually a good reason for their behavior. For example, they could be lost, or they could be uncomfortable going faster. Considering the kinds of nutcases I've encountered on the freeway, I can understand why some people might be afraid to go fast.


They could be doing something that they're not supposed to be doing too. Like texting! Or talking on the phone!

Outside left turn lanes are dangerous too. I had a big pickup truck cut me off from my turn. I honked at him after I let him turn into my lane and he flipped me off. Yay!


Ouch! :(

Maybe these should create cellphone rehab...Seeing how people use their phones while driving or during courtroom sessions.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

Blak The Great wrote:
I understand going slower during rainy weather and such, but right now in California the weather is pretty nice and traffic isn't too bad during the hours I drive to school. You really shouldn't be going 30 in a 45 zone. Of course I'll end up tailgating you because I'd been driving 45 right until the point where I got directly behind your car. Now I have to go out of my way to change lanes while you continue to drive slower than everybody else.

I think there was one time where I ended up going... 15 mph, maybe even slower. There was probably less than a foot between my car and the car behind me... She was close enough that I could see the look of puzzlement on her face in my rear-view mirror!

I try to drive exactly at the speed limit (unless there's some sort of special condition, like inclement weather, curves, it's an unfamiliar area, etc), but if a tailgater shows up, sorry buddy, but I'm going to have to slow down to make sure I'm not in a dangerous situation.

(One time, just one time, I really want to stop short on a tailgater, just to spite them.)
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

You know what really grinds my gears? Tailgaters. If I'm going too slow for your preferences, just pass me.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

I don't think you can lump tailgaters all in the same group. Some are assholes, sure, especially if they're ignoring weather or the fact that you're in the SLOW LANE and are not obligated to let them pass, or even the fact that you're in the city and there's no avoiding all the people who want shift lanes and/or turn.

But you do know what it means when a tailgater comes up behind you in the passing lane on the freeway? Yes, possibly that they're an asshole. Or it means you weren't paying attention when they came up, and that you need to move over to the slow lane and let them pass.

I'm all for brake-checking a tailgater in the slow lane. But for the love of God. don't. ever. do this to someone in the passing lane, and especially not at speeds of 70-80mph (~112.7-128.7km/h) or higher. It won't solve the situation, and may possibly escalate it. Or even get one or the both of you killed. Just don't do it.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

Well, of course. I wasn't referring to someone following closely because I'm going slow in a fast lane. I just meant the people who are easily in a position to change lanes and pass me, yet choose instead to tailgate me. I tend to stick to the right lanes (the slow lanes where I'm from) unless I need to be in the left lanes to make a turn.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

You know what really grinds my gears? People who blame others for their own shortcomings.

Today in Chemistry, we've got a bunch of people complaining that they're failing the class. Well actually it's a good majority of the class out of which we have about 10-15 people left. They blame the teacher for not teaching them properly and they bitch about how the professor should curve the grades low enough so that they can pass the class. Then one girl complains how the teacher teaches us stuff that's good insight for those going to pursue Chem as a major. She basically says that no one in the class is going to be a Chem major, so what's the point of being taught this stuff?

Seeing as how I'm THAT Chem major, I'm doing pretty well in the class. I probably have the highest or second highest (which isn't saying much since we have so few people) grade in the class. Mind you, this is a very basic Chem class for those who have forgotten their high school chem stuff.

But man, I can't believe the lack of responsibility assumption and self-entitlement these people are exhibiting. If you're failing, then you're probably not studying hard enough or you're not trying to get help. This teacher is a great teacher, and I've had my share of horrible ones, and you can tell that he's passionate about his job.

Man... I can't stand how some of these spoiled popular kids point fingers so easily at others when they aren't doing so hot.

General Luigi wrote:
Well, of course. I wasn't referring to someone following closely because I'm going slow in a fast lane. I just meant the people who are easily in a position to change lanes and pass me, yet choose instead to tailgate me. I tend to stick to the right lanes (the slow lanes where I'm from) unless I need to be in the left lanes to make a turn.


I usually always drive on the left lane, right in case I need to make a turn, which ironically is where I get most slow drivers. Weird huh?
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Blak The Great wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? People who blame others for their own shortcomings.

Today in Chemistry, we've got a bunch of people complaining that they're failing the class. Well actually it's a good majority of the class out of which we have about 10-15 people left. They blame the teacher for not teaching them properly and they bitch about how the professor should curve the grades low enough so that they can pass the class. Then one girl complains how the teacher teaches us stuff that's good insight for those going to pursue Chem as a major. She basically says that no one in the class is going to be a Chem major, so what's the point of being taught this stuff?

Seeing as how I'm THAT Chem major, I'm doing pretty well in the class. I probably have the highest or second highest (which isn't saying much since we have so few people) grade in the class. Mind you, this is a very basic Chem class for those who have forgotten their high school chem stuff.

But man, I can't believe the lack of responsibility assumption and self-entitlement these people are exhibiting. If you're failing, then you're probably not studying hard enough or you're not trying to get help. This teacher is a great teacher, and I've had my share of horrible ones, and you can tell that he's passionate about his job.

Man... I can't stand how some of these spoiled popular kids point fingers so easily at others when they aren't doing so hot.


Ahahaha, reminds me of cosmetician school!
The girls in my class, most of them were constantly complaining about the dermatology/nutrition/anatomy teacher. Saying he's going too fast, they don't understand anything, he doesn't explain things well enough... well how about they shut the fuck up during class? Seriously, every class with him was with the girls in the back yakking away, some in the row behind me (I was in the first row) yakking away. No wonder they couldn't understand anything he was talking about, they were too busy talking out of their asses about stupid stuff.

Heck, I admit freely, I didn't really listen in his class. He actually didn't mind it if a student wasn't paying attention as long as they were quiet. I either drew stuff, wrote stories or even played games during class and it didn't bother him, I was quiet. Plus, I was listening with only half an ear and I still did better than those complaining girls. I still managed to get a B in his classes (C in Anatomy, fucking latin words) and that's with me barely even studying for the finals.
He was an actual doctor, so maybe he was too intelligent for them. Or they were too stupid and couldn't think a little bit along during class. I barely thought along and I still got good grades... now I'm turning in circles...

As for chemistry in Junior College, I admit... I fell asleep during it several times. Mostly because it was the first class on Tuesday and Mondays we had school late, so my rhythm wasn't doing well on Tuesdays... then again, Chemistry was never much my thing.

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

General Luigi wrote:
Well, of course. I wasn't referring to someone following closely because I'm going slow in a fast lane. I just meant the people who are easily in a position to change lanes and pass me, yet choose instead to tailgate me. I tend to stick to the right lanes (the slow lanes where I'm from) unless I need to be in the left lanes to make a turn.


Sorry, I might have been projecting. I happen to drive on the highways and interstate quite a bit and it boggles the mind, the sheer number of people who justify cruising along at slow speeds in the passing lane because they're "doing the speed limit so it's legal."
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

You know what really grinds my gears?
MPreg!

First of all, only way a man could naturally become pregnant is if they had a freak-accident of nature and were born with a functioning uterus inside them to begin with. That is the only time I can and will understand male pregnancy because the man cannot help it. Although I'll be quite honest, I see no way how a man could get pregnant, even with a functioning uterus, but with no vagina. After all, neither the digestive track or the anal way are really connected to a uterus in that way.

Second of all, the hell is wrong with people who use these ideas for comedic purposes? No man would find it funny if they found out they were pregnant. No man would even do it on purpose for the sake of comedy. You should see how some women react to finding out their pregnant, whether they chose to get pregnant or didn't, just imagine how a man would react to those news.
It isn't funny, it's weird and disgusting and unnatural. Only complete douchebags or doormats would willingly go through male pregnancy and even then I'd ask them what the hell they were thinking, agreeing to that in the first place.

Third, it is almost impossible to actually make it happen artifically. First of all, science/medicine would have to create a functioning, artifical uterus. This would include it having the ability to stretch with the growing of the fetus inside, the blood circulation, the creation of the umbilical cord and placenta. Which is incredibly hard to recreate, plus any test for functioning blood circulation would have to be completely cleaned out, to prevent blood poisoning. Although I suppose that can be circumvented by using 0 Negative, the universal donor.
Not to mention, the artifical uterus: What to do with it after the birth?
For the birth, a C-Section is in order because unless there is a vagina-birth canal, the baby cannot come out. But then you have the uterus. I suppose it would have to be taken out after the baby has been cut out, which would probably result in an operation even longer than a regular C-Section, what with having to disconnect the uterus from the blood circulation and cleaning everything up. I suppose the baby gets put into the neo-natale unit of the hospital while that is going on.
And if the uterus is left inside the body, can it be reused? The stitches from the previous C-Section would probably be a hinderance, I keep being told that a C-Section is not recommended for a first birth, anyway, in case a second child is planned at some point. Would the stitches somehow influence the uterus and make it less expandable than before? Would this complicate any more pregnancies?

Overall, medicine isn't ready yet and technically shouldn't be.
No sane man would agree to get himself pregnant.
At least not willingly.
If you want a shorter version of this, here is the Nostalgia Critic.

Image

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

CatMuto wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears?
MPreg!

First of all, only way a man could naturally become pregnant is if they had a freak-accident of nature and were born with a functioning uterus inside them to begin with. That is the only time I can and will understand male pregnancy because the man cannot help it. Although I'll be quite honest, I see no way how a man could get pregnant, even with a functioning uterus, but with no vagina. After all, neither the digestive track or the anal way are really connected to a uterus in that way.

Second of all, the hell is wrong with people who use these ideas for comedic purposes? No man would find it funny if they found out they were pregnant. No man would even do it on purpose for the sake of comedy. You should see how some women react to finding out their pregnant, whether they chose to get pregnant or didn't, just imagine how a man would react to those news.
It isn't funny, it's weird and disgusting and unnatural. Only complete douchebags or doormats would willingly go through male pregnancy and even then I'd ask them what the hell they were thinking, agreeing to that in the first place.

Third, it is almost impossible to actually make it happen artifically. First of all, science/medicine would have to create a functioning, artifical uterus. This would include it having the ability to stretch with the growing of the fetus inside, the blood circulation, the creation of the umbilical cord and placenta. Which is incredibly hard to recreate, plus any test for functioning blood circulation would have to be completely cleaned out, to prevent blood poisoning. Although I suppose that can be circumvented by using 0 Negative, the universal donor.
Not to mention, the artifical uterus: What to do with it after the birth?
For the birth, a C-Section is in order because unless there is a vagina-birth canal, the baby cannot come out. But then you have the uterus. I suppose it would have to be taken out after the baby has been cut out, which would probably result in an operation even longer than a regular C-Section, what with having to disconnect the uterus from the blood circulation and cleaning everything up. I suppose the baby gets put into the neo-natale unit of the hospital while that is going on.
And if the uterus is left inside the body, can it be reused? The stitches from the previous C-Section would probably be a hinderance, I keep being told that a C-Section is not recommended for a first birth, anyway, in case a second child is planned at some point. Would the stitches somehow influence the uterus and make it less expandable than before? Would this complicate any more pregnancies?

Overall, medicine isn't ready yet and technically shouldn't be.
No sane man would agree to get himself pregnant.
At least not willingly.
If you want a shorter version of this, here is the Nostalgia Critic.

Image

C-A


Also, Cat, the man would likely die before he made it to childbirth, as men's hips are not structured to handle the physical stress of a growing fetus.

Thomas Beatie is the only known man to have ever given birth, but that's because he used to be a woman and never fully removed the housing unit.

The only way I could see mpreg happening in fandom is if there are any sea horses in MLP (or other relevant series. I don't watch it so I have no idea... but when I used to play with the old school ponies as a little girl, I did have a sea pony, so there :-P ).
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Heh heh.

Gender: Female

Location: Japanifornia, CA.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:38 am

Posts: 223

CatMuto wrote:
I keep being told that a C-Section is not recommended for a first birth, anyway, in case a second child is planned at some point.

Somewhat off topic, but... Incidentally, my brother, who was the first-born, was a C-Section, while I, the second (and youngest) child, was born normally xD

You know what really grinds my gears? Needing to vent. I don't normally get pissed off easily; sure, there's plenty of things that I dislike and that annoy me, but it's very rare for me to honestly be upset about something (excluding "that" time of month; that's another story!). Whatever happens that's bad enough for me to want to vent, or that happens to be the straw breaking the camel's back, as a result, pisses me off even worse because it had to happen at all. It also pisses me off because the slow onset of my anger is so gradual that I tend to not notice I'm pissed until I start taking it out on others. After the fact, I can recognize how and when I got pissed off, but that doesn't excuse me from having made an outright ass of myself before figuring it out. I've gotten better at noticing before things get too far, but still... I hate when I'm so pissed I start being an ass to my friends and really mean it.

As a result, something else that really grinds my gears is "that" time of month. Long story short, my period gives me really bad mood swings. More often than not, I get depressed rather than angry, but I do end up needing to vent more often than normal. It's a lot easier to notice I'm pissed from a mood swing and calm it down before I take it out on someone, but in exchange... Well, let's just say I'm worse if I don't notice in time.
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

You know what really grinds my gears? Being told that I'm "whining" whenever I complain about something that's annoying me. I know there are plenty of people who have it worse than me. I don't need to spend a year in Somalia to know I've got it pretty good, but do you think that somehow makes me happy or makes what I'm going through more bearable? Appendicitis might be a lot more painful than breaking a nail, but breaking a nail still hurts.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

General Luigi wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Being told that I'm "whining" whenever I complain about something that's annoying me. I know there are plenty of people who have it worse than me. I don't need to spend a year in Somalia to know I've got it pretty good, but do you think that somehow makes me happy or makes what I'm going through more bearable? Appendicitis might be a lot more painful than breaking a nail, but breaking a nail still hurts.


oh, you girl :godot:

Nah, actually, it can sting like a bitch, especially when you break it at any part along the actual nail bed.

Paper cuts, surprisingly, are also among the worst types of pain. They're so small, yet at the same time so damn unexpected. Dirty bastards.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Heh heh.

Gender: Female

Location: Japanifornia, CA.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:38 am

Posts: 223

Adrian in black wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Being told that I'm "whining" whenever I complain about something that's annoying me. I know there are plenty of people who have it worse than me. I don't need to spend a year in Somalia to know I've got it pretty good, but do you think that somehow makes me happy or makes what I'm going through more bearable? Appendicitis might be a lot more painful than breaking a nail, but breaking a nail still hurts.


oh, you girl :godot:

Nah, actually, it can sting like a bitch, especially when you break it at any part along the actual nail bed.

Paper cuts, surprisingly, are also among the worst types of pain. They're so small, yet at the same time so damn unexpected. Dirty bastards.


Aaaand that's why I carry around band-aids all the time!
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Adrian in black wrote:
Paper cuts, surprisingly, are also among the worst types of pain. They're so small, yet at the same time so damn unexpected. Dirty bastards.


Really?
Most of the time, I get a paper cut and don't even notice it until later when it stopped bleeding and is just pulsating. And then I'm more concerned why I didn't notice and where I got it from.

Quote:
Also, Cat, the man would likely die before he made it to childbirth, as men's hips are not structured to handle the physical stress of a growing fetus. The only way I could see mpreg happening in fandom is if there are any sea horses in MLP


That is also a good, I never really considered that.
Well, MPreg is used in Half Prince and when I read that, I basically jumped out of my chair and yelled, "Nooooooooooooo! Noooooooo! Shame on you, Yu Wo! Shame! On! You!" because I hate that plot and she only put it in for comedy, with the stupid reason that Lan "can't handle pain".

Hello, that bitch has managed to fall off a cliff and have several injures with bones sticking out of her, has been stabbed in the chest, sliced, beaten up, kicked in the sack and otherwise hurt and managed to stand it. Okay, all of that happened in Second Life, the VR game, and she was turned into a guy there... But aside from the first one, she has no reason to complain about pain. That first one and birth, that she can complain about. But... what about epidurals!? This fucking story takes place in 2100 AD! What, they can get men pregnant but don't have epidurals!? We have epidurals that work just fine! Or a C-Section and she can be asked to be put fully under and not just locally.

Sorry, I ranted there... just such a dumb reason to bring MPreg into the story. And as I said, Yu Wo only put it in for comedy. God that comedy was bad in the Epilogue... Xiao Xiao Lan is an abomination of nature! My version of Xiao Xiao is much better!

Quote:
Somewhat off topic, but... Incidentally, my brother, who was the first-born, was a C-Section, while I, the second (and youngest) child, was born normally xD


Well, as I said, I am being told that C-Section makes it harder for further births. I'm not saying it 100% true, just that I hear it. Although I keep reading in stories that it's hard to get pregnant after a Miscarriage which is wrong. It's actually much easier to get pregnant after a Miscarriage, because the hormone levels are so high and wonky.

Quote:
As a result, something else that really grinds my gears is "that" time of month. Long story short, my period gives me really bad mood swings. More often than not, I get depressed rather than angry, but I do end up needing to vent more often than normal.


Just asking in general, are you on the pill?
I didn't have terrible mood swings when I got my period, but my period was so irregular that I could go months without getting it. And when I got it, my whole body broke down, I got diarrhea, I had to throw up and had terrible cramps.
Things got better when I started taking the pill. Gave my body the regular dosis of estrogen and a regular period, now I may have some cramps at times, but overall they aren't so bad as they were before. And I never started taking the pill because of birth control. The birth control part is more like an added feature.
So if you aren't, I would suggest to maybe try the pill, see if it helps a bit...

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Heh heh.

Gender: Female

Location: Japanifornia, CA.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:38 am

Posts: 223

CatMuto wrote:
Just asking in general, are you on the pill?
I didn't have terrible mood swings when I got my period, but my period was so irregular that I could go months without getting it. And when I got it, my whole body broke down, I got diarrhea, I had to throw up and had terrible cramps.
Things got better when I started taking the pill. Gave my body the regular dosis of estrogen and a regular period, now I may have some cramps at times, but overall they aren't so bad as they were before. And I never started taking the pill because of birth control. The birth control part is more like an added feature.
So if you aren't, I would suggest to maybe try the pill, see if it helps a bit...

C-A


No, I'm not. I probably should. I just really would prefer to avoid the fiasco that'll occur when I bring it up with my parents; long story short, they will misunderstand, one thing will lead to another, and I'll not only be pissed off (with or without mood swing), but I'll have lost the chance at getting the pill, and possibly at leaving for school by myself. I'd rather not take that risk. Probably, the only way around it would be if I had some other physiological issue that the doctor would first recommend birth control pills for. Sadly (and fortunately, I suppose), I don't. Besides, I'm one of the lucky ones whose worst symptom is those mood swings; much as I hate them, it's not like I can't bear with them at all.

Speaking of which, another thing that really grinds my gears is my parents. If I went into a rant explaining exactly why they get on my nerves so much more than anything ever could, it'd never be over. Now, watch me ten years from now laugh at my current misery.
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

earthlings on fire

Gender: Female

Location: Hazakura Temple

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am

Posts: 1012

You know what really grinds my gears?

Spoiler: I don't want to bring this up again but I really just can't let it go because it pissed me off.
When people say they're not homophobic but then say that gay people shouldn't 'flaunt their homosexuality' and keep it to themselves. But straight people don't keep their heterosexuality to themselves, it's fucking everywhere. Like, if I want to kiss my boyfriend in public or post pictures of us holding hands or even talk about what we do in private, I can and no one gives a shit! It's like when people say, "why can't we have a straight pride week?" EVERY week is straight pride week. Society is 1000% okay with every expression of heterosexuality, and to say that gay people should keep it to themselves and not do exactly what straight people are doing is plain homophobic.


You know what else grinds my gears? When people don't shut up about how much they drink and go on about it because they think they sound cool. You're clearly doing it to try and impress people, and it's pathetic because it's so obvious they're looking for attention by continuously talking about it. College life is rife with this :/
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

Cravat of Doom wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears?

Spoiler: I don't want to bring this up again but I really just can't let it go because it pissed me off.
When people say they're not homophobic but then say that gay people shouldn't 'flaunt their homosexuality' and keep it to themselves. But straight people don't keep their heterosexuality to themselves, it's fucking everywhere. Like, if I want to kiss my boyfriend in public or post pictures of us holding hands or even talk about what we do in private, I can and no one gives a shit! It's like when people say, "why can't we have a straight pride week?" EVERY week is straight pride week. Society is 1000% okay with every expression of heterosexuality, and to say that gay people should keep it to themselves and not do exactly what straight people are doing is plain homophobic.


You know what else grinds my gears? When people don't shut up about how much they drink and go on about it because they think they sound cool. You're clearly doing it to try and impress people, and it's pathetic because it's so obvious they're looking for attention by continuously talking about it. College life is rife with this :/


I dunno there's a lot of people who disapprove of public displays of affections regardless of who is involved in it, people who'd also complain if you brought up things done in private (I'd certainly consider it inappropriate conversation topics that would make me feel awkward). Also some folks would consider it overly soppy if people posted pictures of hand holding or other stuff like that blegh.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Page 3 of 39 [ 1532 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO