Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 34 of 39[ 1552 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next
 


Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 194

Quote:
Nothing in the books ever established that Hermione was a specific race.

https://www.therowlinglibrary.com/2015/12/21/is-hermione-granger-white-or-black/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

I've felt worse.

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1667

Quote:
And I don't think Hermione is a very... black name to begin with.

I have a French first name and a Portuguese last name... and I'm Indian.
Though as someone who only casually read the books as a kid, I couldn't care less about Hermione's race.
Image
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9887

Mister Gruel wrote:
Quote:
Nothing in the books ever established that Hermione was a specific race.

https://www.therowlinglibrary.com/2015/12/21/is-hermione-granger-white-or-black/


I'm too busy reading lawbooks lately, so break it down for me.

And my stand is still this: if the skin color of a character is important as part of their established... well, character, then flat-out mention it. Don't just not mention anything and then come out saying, "Oh, btw, this character was always (skin color)." If it isn't important don't make it important years later.

Quote:
I've even heard Northern Island (Remain by 55%) also might be calling for Independence as well in the face of this.


I wouldn't be surprised if England had mass-leavings of its citizens and everyone heading off to Ireland or Scottland to get the Irish or Scottish passports and all. Though even a reporter said that it's mostly the old folks who said leave. Probably because they remember the 'glory' of England in the old days or because they think just cause they survived WWII, they should have a say... though they are unlikely to live very long to deal with the consequences the leaving brings.

In turn, the young ones who wanted to stay in the EU, now have to deal with the shit of the 'old' generation. Well, at least humanity has proven, again, that it isn't advancing. Nobody seems to really look beyond their own limit and consider what the really longterm consequences or problems could be.

And I'm sure Scottland and Northern Ireland will BOTH make an Independency voting again, to separate themselves from England. And, if/when on their own, ask for entry into the EU.

C-A
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9887

Know what grinds my gears? Boris Johnson's words yesterday.

He was a huge advocate for the Brexit, but now that they are gonna leave the EU and will have huge changes happening all over their country... he says No, he will not even try out for being Prime Minister again. Because he says he's not the 'right guy' for this.. Asshole, if you CANNOT WALK THE WALK of consequences that YOUR WORDS CAUSED, then keep your goddamn MOUTH SHUT! Unless you were ready to actually SHOULDER the RESPONSIBILITY of what you caused (among other people, yes, yes), you should never have even STARTED.

This is just you being a huge coward, who threw around big words and when you saw that those words actually required actions and doing things, you run away with your tail between your legs. Coward.

C-A
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14199

CatMuto wrote:
Know what grinds my gears? Boris Johnson's words yesterday.

He was a huge advocate for the Brexit, but now that they are gonna leave the EU and will have huge changes happening all over their country... he says No, he will not even try out for being Prime Minister again. Because he says he's not the 'right guy' for this.. Asshole, if you CANNOT WALK THE WALK of consequences that YOUR WORDS CAUSED, then keep your goddamn MOUTH SHUT! Unless you were ready to actually SHOULDER the RESPONSIBILITY of what you caused (among other people, yes, yes), you should never have even STARTED.

This is just you being a huge coward, who threw around big words and when you saw that those words actually required actions and doing things, you run away with your tail between your legs. Coward.

C-A


You mean how he backed out of the PM position?
Yeah his party is pretty shocked by it but whoever takes the PM position is in for career suicide. I don't think anyone wants to be the one responsible for initiating Article 50. Cameron resigned in the face of it and now the favourite Boris has taken a quick exit stage left.

They're negotiations aren't exactly going as they'd hoped as well. Shut down from discussing about it informally and told "there's no way you are getting the single market without free movement, you don't 'cherry pick' policies that benefit you." So they've doubled back on a number of their policies already and a Tory has already let slip that they don't have a plan post-Brexit.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9887

Pierre wrote:
a Tory has already let slip that they don't have a plan post-Brexit.


See, this is why you don't (or, at the very least, shouldn't) propose actually something big, unless you have a plan for after or a back-up plan. And a back-up, back-up plan, just in case. But that would be logical and we can't have that.

C-A
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 924

Hence why Obamacare is so screwed up. Sounded like a good idea at the time, but no one had any idea how to implement it, and for whatever reason, were unable to devise a working implementation by the time it became law, so now it's just a ridiculous mess.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am

Posts: 868

This sums up the situation:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG_n6oAioFO/

I'm a bit late to this conversation, but I'm pissed off on Scotland's behalf. My stepfather is Scottish, I have some few friends from EU countries who are living in England and I've been following UK news and all. This is so unfair. Like, who the hell these people think they are? The arrogance of that, really. That Theresa May woman lol. This is the woman England wants to put as prime minister, really? Boris Johnson too. Conservative English politicians put me off for the most part.

The worst part is, the whole thing is totally undemocratic. Scottish people are forced to get out of the EU against their will. I'm happy that Nicola Sturgeon is doing everything she can to change this situation and is calling BS on the Tories, though, and I'm rooting for you guys who live in Scotland or other UK countries and want independence - I think at this point, it is the right (and democratic) thing to do.

PS: This is the kind of thing someone like Theresa May needs to hear. :ron:
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Fantina's perfect little Franny!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Posts: 3474

The UK Goverment couldn't even organise a piss up in a brewary.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

Who else hates the bit in Star Wars Episode V where Han Solo gets frozen in carbon**e (word censored due to trauma). It's scary, upsetting and it sort of gives me nightmares. And that was just from looking at the Lego Minifigure of Han Solo frozen in carbon**e! (I never saw the actual Carbon-Freezing scene because I ran away and hid in the toilet even before the part where Darth Vader was torturing Han Solo... (Thank God!).) I even wrote this FanFic called Escape from Carbon**e Island, even though it's unfinished and it depicts exactly what I think of carbon**e! I even wrote a poem based on another poem a little child wrote, so it's kind of childish in a way.
Spoiler: The poem I wrote:
Carbon**e, carbon**e traumatises me, carbon**e, carbon**e traumatises me. Now go, go, go away carbon**e, I don't want you in my house and if you say "No, never," I will not tolerate you and I will kick you out because I never, ever, ever want to see you again, MATE!

I know several other people who hate that bit, including a teacher!

I'm not posting any pics here due to the distress it has caused me. So PLEASE don't post any videos, pictures or gifs related to the Carbon-Freezing bit. (But I won't actually report you for it.)

EDIT: What disaster would you prefer to go through, surviving a courtroom bombing (but more-than-likely ending up with similar injuries to what Apollo Justice had), or getting frozen in carbon**e for about three years (which is the same amount of time Han Solo was Carbon-Frozen)?

EDIT: Removed a serious hyperbole. I just found out it was not such a good idea after all...
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/


Last edited by Student678 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace GalPal :D

Gender: Female

Location: In My head

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Posts: 630

People who think they can tell me what I can like. For instance today I was in my english class and we began to discuss captian america. Some jerkwad said
" but girls can't like captain america!"
Image

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

Allie_Fey wrote:
People who think they can tell me what I can like. For instance today I was in my english class and we began to discuss captian america. Some jerkwad said
" but girls can't like captain america!"


That's just STEREOTYPE!
I think I know someone who likes Captain America who is a girl. (Not saying wether I'm a girl because that's part of my profile - No Gender Specified.)
At my school, girls have to wear skirts! It sucks! What's wrong with shorts/trousers???
Also, the idea that girls like to wear provocative/revealing clothing.
That, aside from the idea of carbon-freezing, is something that REALLY grinds my gears!
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9887

Allie_Fey wrote:
People who think they can tell me what I can like. For instance today I was in my english class and we began to discuss captian america. Some jerkwad said
" but girls can't like captain america!"


Why not? You had two one girl on the main team and she was pretty cool. You know, that blonde one... the Russian girl. What's there to not like about Captain America as a girl? Ok, I don't like it, because it's a damn preachy series, but if one like's that...

Quote:
At my school, girls have to wear skirts! It sucks! What's wrong with shorts/trousers???


Because only MEN wear trousers! If women wore them, that means that they do things, like, WORK and LABOR and stuff that doesn't deal with being a meek, domestic woman who only takes care of kids and the household.

C-A
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
At my school, girls have to wear skirts! It sucks! What's wrong with shorts/trousers???


Because only MEN wear trousers! If women wore them, that means that they do things, like, WORK and LABOR and stuff that doesn't deal with being a meek, domestic woman who only takes care of kids and the household.

C-A


That's not true. Women don't wear trousers just to do work!
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 924

I think you missed the sarcasm.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace GalPal :D

Gender: Female

Location: In My head

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Posts: 630

TheDoctor wrote:
I think you missed the sarcasm.

:yogi: its a possible. Ayup.
Image

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

TheDoctor wrote:
I think you missed the sarcasm.


Because that didn't sound at all sarcastic to me!
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

I've felt worse.

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1667

Student678 wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
I think you missed the sarcasm.


Because that didn't sound at all sarcastic to me!

Well that's just text for you. With just words and no tone or body language, sarcasm is a bit more difficult to detect on the Internet than in person. Too bad we don't have an established notation for denoting sarcasm. /s
Although to be fair, I can't see that statement as anything but sarcastic, coming from Cat.
Image
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Ace GalPal :D

Gender: Female

Location: In My head

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Posts: 630

People in general grind my gears.
Image

Siggy Made By Nadindi Avii Made By the Lovely Chloe
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

Allie_Fey wrote:
People in general grind my gears.


Some people grind my gears. They're called Housos.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9887

sumguy28 wrote:
Student678 wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:
I think you missed the sarcasm.


Because that didn't sound at all sarcastic to me!

Well that's just text for you. With just words and no tone or body language, sarcasm is a bit more difficult to detect on the Internet than in person. Too bad we don't have an established notation for denoting sarcasm. /s
Although to be fair, I can't see that statement as anything but sarcastic, coming from Cat.


Yeah, I forgot to color the text...

C-A
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14199

Student678 wrote:
Allie_Fey wrote:
People in general grind my gears.


Some people grind my gears. They're called Housos.


What's a "housos"?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

Pierre wrote:
Student678 wrote:
Allie_Fey wrote:
People in general grind my gears.


Some people grind my gears. They're called Housos.


What's a "housos"?


You can look it up. Those housos almost forced me to pull out of going to the church I like to go to every Sunday.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14199

People in housing commissions? How'd that happen.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

Pierre wrote:
People in housing commissions? How'd that happen.


Oops... I didn't mean THAT sort of housos. (Ugh, sometimes the Internet is unreliable these days). I'll have to explain for you.

The housos I'm talking about are those people who are just really bad-behaviour and rely on swag and deliberately fail at school (without realising the impacts on their future)... I won't go into too much detail about it. I'm not talking about the people in the housing commissions (because I bet they might be not the things I just listed there...)... just that group of people who can't behave themselves... you'll know what I mean.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9887

Student678 wrote:
The housos I'm talking about are those people who are just really bad-behaviour and rely on swag and deliberately fail at school (without realising the impacts on their future)... I won't go into too much detail about it. I'm not talking about the people in the housing commissions (because I bet they might be not the things I just listed there...)... just that group of people who can't behave themselves... you'll know what I mean.


Basically: morons. :ron:

C-A
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14199

Student678 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
People in housing commissions? How'd that happen.


Oops... I didn't mean THAT sort of housos. (Ugh, sometimes the Internet is unreliable these days). I'll have to explain for you.

The housos I'm talking about are those people who are just really bad-behaviour and rely on swag and deliberately fail at school (without realising the impacts on their future)... I won't go into too much detail about it. I'm not talking about the people in the housing commissions (because I bet they might be not the things I just listed there...)... just that group of people who can't behave themselves... you'll know what I mean.


OK but how are they affecting you?
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

Pierre wrote:
Student678 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
People in housing commissions? How'd that happen.


Oops... I didn't mean THAT sort of housos. (Ugh, sometimes the Internet is unreliable these days). I'll have to explain for you.

The housos I'm talking about are those people who are just really bad-behaviour and rely on swag and deliberately fail at school (without realising the impacts on their future)... I won't go into too much detail about it. I'm not talking about the people in the housing commissions (because I bet they might be not the things I just listed there...)... just that group of people who can't behave themselves... you'll know what I mean.


OK but how are they affecting you?


Because of the things they do to me...
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Scotland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14199

Seems like you aren't eager to discuss the matter. Was wondering how they were going to force you to pull of out church but you said "almost" so its good to hear they haven't quite driven you away just yet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

Pierre wrote:
Seems like you aren't eager to discuss the matter. Was wondering how they were going to force you to pull of out church but you said "almost" so its good to hear they haven't quite driven you away just yet.


I said "almost" because they drove my dad out (a.k.a. he no longer goes there because he can't put up with them) and it almost caused him to take me with him.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Game Grumps need to play Ace Attorney

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:41 am

Posts: 12

You know what really grinds my gears? Not that much, to be honest (that hasn't already been said).

If there is one thing, it's nostalgiafags.

Now, I know it's pretty petty, and I agree with what you other people have said, but people who instantly disregard something new because it isn't the same as something from 10-20 years ago, really piss me off.
For example, the Meleefags. They hated Brawl because it wasn't Melee. They hate Sm4sh because it isn't Melee. They insist that their game is so superior in the competitive scene, yet anyone only ever plays Fox, Falco or the occasional Ice Climbers because of a fucking glitch that everyone loves. In fact, they even modded Brawl LITERALLY JUST TO MAKE IT BE MELEE.
Then there are the genwunners. Yeah, new Pokemon might include a keychain and an ice cream, and they are pretty dumb, but don't act high and mighty because gen 1 has a series of literal fucking rocks with arms, a physical Pokeball that just turns upside down when it evolves, two sludgeballs with arms, way too many Bug/Poison types, and a rock dick.

There are a number of other cases of extreme nostalgia, including people within the Ace Attorney fanbase, but I won't go into detail on any more examples.

So yeah, aside from what I've already seen, that's what really grinds my gears.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Danksgiving

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Posts: 194

there are more newgenners out there than there are genwunners nowadays

also there are five bug/poison types in the game
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.

Gender: None specified

Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am

Posts: 454

Another thing that grinds my gears... SUMMER!!!

- It's hot.
- The worst ever creatures come out during summer, a.k.a. flies, mosquitoes, snakes, spiders (Red Backs and Funnel Webs in particular since they're so venomous).
- Daylight Savings. It not only confuses me but messes up bell times at school.
- I have to start catching the bus to school because it's so hot I'll be unable to ride my bike.
- I have to wash my sports uniform because I sweat a lot on it due to the heat.
and there's many more reasons to hate summer.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9887

Grump wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Not that much, to be honest (that hasn't already been said).

If there is one thing, it's nostalgiafags.


Not to mention that Gen I had the issue of making Psychic Pokémon way too overpowered, because a stupid code typo led to them being immune to Ghost, when they were supposed to be weak. And that required the player to either use non-advantageous Pokémon or use Bug Pokémon, which were horribly weak in Gen I. I think Sabrina was more hated than Lance in those days.

Besides, I agree. I hate it when people say something from decades ago is better in terms of a videogame, when it clearly isn't. Look at the first Harvest Moon game. I still play it off and on and enjoy it. Do I think it holds up to later games? Absolutely not. The day-time is incredibly short; the inventory is horribly limited to only two items; the bachelorettes have no personality beyond a minor factor that changes nothing (though this was not really changed in later games) and it doesn't have many other things to do. Your days are a blur of the same thing.
It's a huge problem. The game can still be fun to play, but I'd never say it's as enjoyably diverse in what to do like Magical Melody or the 3DS games.

Or Final Fantasy. I played the older games. Fun in their own right, but that doesn't mean they are better than the later games.
I just finished Soul Blazer as an LP; still need to upload the last few videos. It's a fun game. Has its issues (repetitive gameplay; a sudden romance subplot added late in the game that made no sense; limited healing items to hold; the translation has SO many grammatical mistakes), but good for what it is. A lot of its gameplay was used for Illusion of Gaia and improved on. The plot seems to be what inspired Terranigma. Good in its own right, but if I want better gameplay or plot, I'd play those games.

C-A
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Futile Survival

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 4610

I absolutely hate try hard humour. Humour which relies on references or try to subvert expectations so hard that you'll subvert your expectations so that none of the jokes are funny.

Maybe because I'm a cynic,but that really salts my apples.
Image
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am

Posts: 868

I think people shouldn't be in public if they have transmissible diseases. It is so freakin' rude. I swear people think that people get sick through some magical fairy, that just goes around randomly dispersing magic dust, and making people sick. No, people are getting sick, because people who are already sick are acting like they aren't sick.

Like this bartender probably has a cold, sneezing and handing me a drink. I really would prefer she slapped me across the face with all her strenght, it would be more polite and save me some suffering.

(And yes, I know some people don't have a choice, they simply "have" to work when they are sick, and it is not their fault; but the situation is still not ideal IMO, and there should be laws regulating this).
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Classified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Posts: 516

People on Tumblr saying all men are pigs and rapist. Listen people just because I have a Gumshoe between my legs dosn't mean I'm a rapist or a pervert! These Tumblr people are giving Feminism a bad name by hating on men. First of all isn't Feminism supposed to be made for equality not elitism? This is just like minorities being racist to other people. I'v seen multiple videos of SJWs and Black Kights saying all white men must die. Well screw you for hating on me for looking like this. I didn't choose what I look like! This makes me want to die so much sometimes.
Friend me on: 3DS: 0963-3569-2439 PSN: ZoomCraftGaming and Steam: ZoomBoom124
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Posts: 90

The Mechanic wrote:
People on Tumblr saying all men are pigs and rapist. Listen people just because I have a Gumshoe between my legs dosn't mean I'm a rapist or a pervert! These Tumblr people are giving Feminism a bad name by hating on men. First of all isn't Feminism supposed to be made for equality not elitism? This is just like minorities being racist to other people. I'v seen multiple videos of SJWs and Black Kights saying all white men must die. Well screw you for hating on me for looking like this. I didn't choose what I look like! This makes me want to die so much sometimes.


The majority of people on Tumblr are scum. They feel as if they're entitled to stuff by now. And don't wish for yourself to die. That's what they want! Self-righteous whales...
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6664

dangerousoffender wrote:
I think people shouldn't be in public if they have transmissible diseases. It is so freakin' rude. I swear people think that people get sick through some magical fairy, that just goes around randomly dispersing magic dust, and making people sick. No, people are getting sick, because people who are already sick are acting like they aren't sick.

Like this bartender probably has a cold, sneezing and handing me a drink. I really would prefer she slapped me across the face with all her strenght, it would be more polite and save me some suffering.

(And yes, I know some people don't have a choice, they simply "have" to work when they are sick, and it is not their fault; but the situation is still not ideal IMO, and there should be laws regulating this).


I know here in the United States that you're pretty much pressured and looked down upon if you're not working. It doesn't help that most jobs require that you maintain a certain amount of hours a week and you're severely limited on sick days. And what's bad is if you take too many sick days, with most jobs, you're likely to get fired, which adds to the pressure.

So it sucks when you get unlucky and get sick, but all your sick days are used, so you have to go in and work or else risk losing your job. And because you're working while you're sick, you just stay sick longer and chance risking your health. And that's the bad thing I feel about the work force here in the States. You're forced to risk your health for the sake of keeping a job and it's really stupid. Not only that, but working while you're sick doesn't do anything. You're going to be less productive and less attentive. I wish workplaces would be more aware that your health is going to be more productive in the long run than forcing you to come in when you're sick thus risking you screwing up a whole lot more.

I really wish workplaces would be more lenient with how workers are treated when situations like this arise. It's not good for the sick person nor for the people they interact with. I know the big issue is some people will take advantage of it or they'll be seen as lazy or won't be able to get the work done in time or whatever. But I agree, there needs to be some work around with this. There are people out there with weaker immune systems who get sick more often than others and it's a shame there aren't sufficient sick days to help them out.

Heck, I'm one of them and it scares me when I get sick because I feel like it's a time bomb for me. I've had to go into work sick more times than I'd like to admit to the point where I get even more ill. Most of the things I catch too can tend to last a couple of weeks as well, which really counteracts with most jobs I've had where you're only allowed a week out of there year of sick days. Doesn't help too that I tend to get sick with the mess 3 to 4 times a year.

I'm not saying all workplaces are like this either, but most of them are. Heck, I love to work, but businesses need to understand that rest is just as, if not more important, than job productivity.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Classified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Posts: 516

Phoenix_Wrong wrote:
The Mechanic wrote:
People on Tumblr saying all men are pigs and rapist. Listen people just because I have a Gumshoe between my legs dosn't mean I'm a rapist or a pervert! These Tumblr people are giving Feminism a bad name by hating on men. First of all isn't Feminism supposed to be made for equality not elitism? This is just like minorities being racist to other people. I'v seen multiple videos of SJWs and Black Kights saying all white men must die. Well screw you for hating on me for looking like this. I didn't choose what I look like! This makes me want to die so much sometimes.


The majority of people on Tumblr are scum. They feel as if they're entitled to stuff by now. And don't wish for yourself to die. That's what they want! Self-righteous whales...


I agree all these quote on quote feminist probably all live in their moms basement. They all try to hard to be hipster by dying their hair and wearing fake glasses. They think they are oppressed? Please people in Saudi Arabia are oppressed not you wannabe!
Friend me on: 3DS: 0963-3569-2439 PSN: ZoomCraftGaming and Steam: ZoomBoom124
Page 34 of 39 [ 1552 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot?] and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO