Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Have your tastebuds changed over the years?Topic%20Title

You used to like this food or disliked it, but now that you are older, your taste for it has changed.

I used to love eating spinach. Spinach with püree and scrambled eggs? Freaking tasty! And by spinach, I am referring to the frozen kind. But nowadays, I don't like eating spinach anymore, it tastes kinda watery to me.

In similar fashion, scrambled eggs. I loved them, but as I grew older I noticed that I got a little stomachache after eating them... so while I still like eating them at times, there is the mental hindrance of the stomachache after ingestion...

Ketchup as well as multi-vitamin juices. I used to like putting ketchup on my fries. I still eat it when it's on a burger or so, but overall it tastes too sour for me anymore. And multi-vitamin juices are just worse, even if I dilute them with water.

C-A
Re: Have your tastebuds changed over the years?Topic%20Title

I used to hate avocado as a child, but I actually really like it now. I guess it's acquired taste, especially for a child.

On the other side, I love dried apricots as a kid, but now they make me feel ill at the thought of them.

Let it go and move it move it

Mirii-chan wrote:
I used to hate avocado as a child, but I actually really like it now. I guess it's acquired taste, especially for a child.

On the other side, I love dried apricots as a kid, but now they make me feel ill at the thought of them.

I'm the same with dried apricots. I used to like a lot of dried fruit, but now I dislike all of it.

All kinds of soup, mushroom soup especially. I used to love mushroom soup, but even the smell of it makes me feel sick now.
Within Temptation

Apollon Flame

Florida's Natural 100% Pure Orange Juice with Calcium
It was VERY recently, too, a couple of a days ago that I started disliking it. I first started to dislike, then it started turning into a nauseating flavor, so I stopped drinking it. Now I only intake the regular juice. '_'

Another juice I started to dislike because it eventually felt flavorless was Ocean Spray's White Cranberry juice.

And in a weird way, I alternate between Coca Cola and Pepsi: sometimes one tastes better than the other.

I just have this tendency with beverages, not with food.
A King

in name

alone...

Idol of Polar Bears

CatMuto wrote:
You used to like this food or disliked it, but now that you are older, your taste for it has changed.

I used to love eating spinach. Spinach with püree and scrambled eggs? Freaking tasty! And by spinach, I am referring to the frozen kind. But nowadays, I don't like eating spinach anymore, it tastes kinda watery to me.

In similar fashion, scrambled eggs. I loved them, but as I grew older I noticed that I got a little stomachache after eating them... so while I still like eating them at times, there is the mental hindrance of the stomachache after ingestion...

Ketchup as well as multi-vitamin juices. I used to like putting ketchup on my fries. I still eat it when it's on a burger or so, but overall it tastes too sour for me anymore. And multi-vitamin juices are just worse, even if I dilute them with water.

C-A

Spinach good! I used to get disgusting by it but now I always prefer spinach to iceberg lettuce in my salads. Come to think of it, I need to eat more salads.

Apollon Flame

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Spinach good! I used to get disgusting by it but now I always prefer spinach to iceberg lettuce in my salads. Come to think of it, I need to eat more salads.

Thanks for that reminder: I finally remembered a food I used to love, but now I don't: salads. Of any kind. Even if mixed with a lot of chicken/meat/whateverprotein and sauce, my mouth will taste is as lettuce (and not Romein LeTouse). :gun:
A King

in name

alone...

The cape is self-fluttering

Not sure if it's due to changing tastebuds, but I just don't drink soda like I used to anymore. Even if I get a combo meal at a fast food joint, I'll either order unsweetened iced tea (blasphemy, I know) or something mixed with seltzer water. Oh, and cereal. I just don't do cereal anymore. Once in a blue moon, I'll have it as a late night snack.

I seem to be acquiring a taste for things I used to hate. Bitter melon for one, roasted whole nuts/legumes for two. And I've been going through alternating episodes of sweet potatoes and apples. I'm not sure what that is.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Scent wrote:
And in a weird way, I alternate between Coca Cola and Pepsi: sometimes one tastes better than the other.

Cola and Pepsi basically do taste the same... I think Pepsi has a bit more of a sweet flavor to it. But both are basically caffeine ridden sweet carbonated sodas, something to wake me up. So I'm fine with either. Although here in Germany, we can get Mountain Dew in PET Bottles... but they aren't carbonated.
What the hell.

C-A

The cape is self-fluttering

CatMuto wrote:
Scent wrote:

Cola and Pepsi basically do taste the same... I think Pepsi has a bit more of a sweet flavor to it. But both are basically caffeine ridden sweet carbonated sodas, something to wake me up. So I'm fine with either. Although here in Germany, we can get Mountain Dew in PET Bottles... but they aren't carbonated.
What the hell.

C-A

Oh, you people with your REAL sodas made with REAL sugar. In the US, we're lucky if we can get a throwback or a Mexican Coke once a year (at least where I live). IMO there is a difference in taste between the Coca Cola and Pepsi recipes... but it's true that Pepsi is sweeter... even the diet version.

I've not heard of noncarbonated Mountain Dew though. That would blow my Dew-addict coworker's mind.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Apollon Flame

I one thing I NEVER eat is cheese ball. I tried it once and it was disgusting. :X
A King

in name

alone...

Quiet, please, it's snack time!

I actually didn't hate many foods as a kid so I haven't found myself changing too much. One thing I do know of is dark chocolate, which I hated as a kid but now I can't get enough of it.

I do have to say that as much as I love sweets, I can't tolerate them as much as I used to. Too much sugar makes me feel kinda sick. Stupid parents making my body adapt to healthy food!

Oh yeah, and I can't drink regular Coke or Pepsi because I've been drinking the Caffeine-free / Diet varieties for so long that all I can taste is sugar when I drink them. Pepsi Max is still the top tier, even without sugar (though it does have sweetener in it).

My tastebuds basically change every week. Sometimes I want to eat meat, sometimes I want to puke only by looking at it.

One thing that I liked when I was a child but don't care for anymore is strawberry ice cream.

I recently went through a phase of hating anything with cream or butter. I also hated anything with mint in it (which was kind of annoying considering that I usually love mint).

A little over two months ago, I wasn't a fan of peppermint stuff. Now I am completely addicted to them. Like... the change happened so quickly... Before Christmas Break, some dude in 2nd period gave everyone else a handful of mint candies and I was hungry so I ate them. Then I ended up getting a candy cane and the Goodwill a few days later, and the addiction started.

I was upset when we went to the Cheesecake Factory and they no longer had peppermint cheesecake because it was early January when my family went there. Also, I went through two full bags of peppermint candies in like 4 or 5 days last week. My mom had to tell me to slow down and make a bag last a whole week instead of two days. :yogi:

So... it was really more a change over a week as opposed to years.

As for a change that actually took place over a long period of time, when I was little I used to hate carrots. In Jr. High I started liking them.

Spoiler:

Last edited by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ignore this, I accidentally quoted my own post instead of editing.

Spoiler:

There was a period where I was afraid of eating spicy foods because I got sick from it once but now I eat spicy foods more regularly like I used to. For me ill eat anything I find tasty no matter what ethnicity it is from.

Fool Bright wrote:
For me ill eat anything I find tasty no matter what ethnicity it is from.

What does the ethnicity of the food have to do with it?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Fool Bright wrote:
For me ill eat anything I find tasty no matter what ethnicity it is from.

What does the ethnicity of the food have to do with it?

C-A

If you talking about the spicy food part then nothing, but It was something separate that my taste buds changed since I was only used to liking american or spanish food but now over the years I started to like all kinds of foods like Korean, Italian,Japanese, even German types of food.

Ah, I just remembered another. I used to hate dark chocolate, but around the same time I started liking peppermint (a few months earlier, actually), I started liking dark chocolate. Thanks to my dad letting me try some spicy dark chocolate he got. So, now I love that too.

Spoiler:

A Seeker of Truth

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 wrote:
Ah, I just remembered another. I used to hate dark chocolate, but around the same time I started liking peppermint (a few months earlier, actually), I started liking dark chocolate. Thanks to my dad letting me try some spicy dark chocolate he got. So, now I love that too.

I used to hate dark chocolate too, but then in an odd sort of way I ended up liking it. Back in April I got into a health kick and decided to let dark chocolate be my sweet thing of the day; I didn't like it, but I figured I could get used to it. However, I started by grabbing the darkest stuff I could find in the store; 90%. Found it gross, but I knew no one in my family would touch it and I paid $3.50 for that thing so I wasn't just going to toss it. So I continued having it, 1 square a day, and by the end of the bar I actually kind of enjoyed it. 10 months later, I am now a dark chocolate addict :phoenix:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright

I used to love ketchup, but now it's just okay. I also used to love almond jello, but after eating it when I was sick, I started to hate it.

Gardevoir lover

I used to like fish... Now i can't even look at the stuff without feeling sick.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

When I was little, probably 7 years or so, I used to like ALL TYPES of vegetables. Now, I can't even look at them. I'm a healthy person trust me, but when I look at any sort of veggies, it makes me want to puke.

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices