Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 15 posts ]

Your Dream City(ies)/Place(s)?Topic%20Title

Ya friendly, local neighborhood writer

Imagine packing your bags and going somewhere. You take a decently long vacation and ponder, 'I wonder what it would be like to live here.' Then all of a sudden, you realize you have the resources and ambition to live there and decide to make it a reality. What place would it be? For me, it would be somewhere in Japan, probably Kyoto or Sapporo because of it's modest size compared to Tokyo or Osaka. I may live in the U.S.'s 7th largest city, but everything is so spread out it feels like it has a more small town feel to it. If that ends up that Kyoto or Sapporo is not for me, I would give New Orleans, Louisiana; Austin, Texas or Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Re: Your Dream City(ies)/Place(s)?Topic%20Title

Kurain Fey! Lolness, behold~!

I would probably want to live (stay~) in a much more refreshed, clean (more like, nature-filled) Tokyo~! Maybe also more goods from minor anime/games. There, tada~! :maya:
Kurain Fey! Spirit Medium at Law!

迷探偵

Kyoto is definitely a great place to live; it's actually quite small, you can do most things on bike and not as hectic as Tokyo. Ichijouji and Shuugakuin are great neighbourhoods! The summers are unbearable though (at least, for me).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:
Kyoto is definitely a great place to live; it's actually quite small, you can do most things on bike and not as hectic as Tokyo. Ichijouji and Shuugakuin are great neighbourhoods! The summers are unbearable though (at least, for me).

I know the feeling. I stayed in Kyoto for summer once and while I was walking around through temples and such, I felt the heat. It's hot under shade as well so yeah! :maya:

Gardevoir lover

Maybe Tokyo, i'd like to get away from the country life.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
Maybe Tokyo, i'd like to get away from the country life.

Ooh~ More Tokyo-ness! :maya:

迷探偵

I lived for three months in Tokyo, but it was just too hectic for me ^^'
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Ash wrote:

Well, summers can't be that bad compared to summers down here. We regularly get temps in the 90s and triple digits are far from uncommon. If you are lucky enough you will "only" have to deal with temps in the mid 80s in the blazing Texas sun. The one plus side is that it is usually not as humid as other southern cities such as Houston, Miami or New Orleans.

The dwarf geeky panda!

For me my dream place would be somewhere in England. Why there? I don't know to be honest. I'm deluded and think that this country has some charms, just enough lefty but not to much righty, just enough cold, but not too much and they have amazing gardens. I'll have to cope with symbolic monarchy but I can deal with it. Also...British guys with british accent :hotti:
Please don't hit me...

迷探偵

SenorJustice-dono wrote:
Ash wrote:

Well, summers can't be that bad compared to summers down here. We regularly get temps in the 90s and triple digits are far from uncommon. If you are lucky enough you will "only" have to deal with temps in the mid 80s in the blazing Texas sun. The one plus side is that it is usually not as humid as other southern cities such as Houston, Miami or New Orleans.

Of course, I come from a relatively 'cold' place, so I'm not used to heat, but Kyoto's summer is pretty much like what you describe (if I remember my Fahrenheits correctly). And extremely humid. The city is surrounded by mountains, so the heat stays in the 'basin' of mountains the whole summer.

earthlings on fire

Japan does sound very nice! I think if I had to pick a city to live in, I'd want to go see them all first-- but I do really like Canterbury, England.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

I'd like to live somewhere in England or Scotland. Ireland is nice too.

Ash wrote:
SenorJustice-dono wrote:
Ash wrote:

Of course, I come from a relatively 'cold' place, so I'm not used to heat, but Kyoto's summer is pretty much like what you describe (if I remember my Fahrenheits correctly). And extremely humid. The city is surrounded by mountains, so the heat stays in the 'basin' of mountains the whole summer.

Heh, it's like I never left, right down to the amount of people that live there (1.5 million in Kyoto vs the 1.38 million in San Antonio). Though I will be reminded that it isn't home by the populace speaking Japanese instead of English and Spanish, the different culture, the less spread out metropolitan area and the fact that I will be driving on "the wrong side of the road".

blissfully ignorant.

If you asked me years before, I would have probably said Japan. ( = 7 = ) Actually, I'm still in love with it's culture. I met really good friends there. But now, that would definitely be Austria. (Oh man, it's the second time I mentioned Austria today.) Vienna or Salzburg, wherever I end up I don't really care. Mozartkugeln, music, beautiful European landscapes.. here I come. :apollo:

Mrs. Jughead Jones ♥

I'm not that picky about cities/places, but when I was 15 I've developed an interest in the US, mostly New York. All the time I wanted to go there, but there was the lack of money and school, so it was pretty impossible for me to fly over there. Now, at the age of 18, I can finally achieve my dream and this summer, I'm going to spend a good 1 1/2 weeks in New York. I'm glad that it worked out so well and I can't wait to explore a town in the US!
What makes a place feel like home? Is it warmth and familiarity? Some idealized, make-believe TV version of the American Dream? Is it love and acceptance? Or is it simple safety?

Jughead Jones
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices