Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 2[ 62 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

JonTronTopic%20Title

Is anyone else here a fan of JonTron?

I started watching a couple of his videos a few months ago, after his Foodfight review, and now I've seen all the episodes. He's one of the few reviewers I actually find funny.

My favourite episode is probably either his Takeshi's Challenge review or the Foodfight review. :basil:
Re: JonTronTopic%20Title

Ultimate Troll

I am a huge fan of the show, he makes hilarious videos.
I've subscribed to him for a year now, I think.

The Takeshi's Challenge and Bootleg Pokémon Games episodes are my favorites.
But the newest one about Clock Tower was a pretty good one.
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

Gardevoir lover

I've been subsribed to him for practically two years now, he's one of the best reviewers out they're.

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

An Enigma Among Humans

You came to the right place Mirii-chan. My favorite ones are Titenic, Japanese Shooters and Anti-Drug games. But the opening to the Hercules review wraps his style of humor up in a nutshell.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Subscribed to him after watching Game Grumps. It's a shame he left, but I think he's better on his own.

Seems like a lot of people like JonTron (and with good reason!) :edgey:

SquareMelonBread wrote:
But the newest one about Clock Tower was a pretty good one.

I enjoyed that one, too, since I like horror games. Probably shouldn't have watched it close to midnight, though. :larry: I think Jon's commentary was spot on, since I always found the slow movement in the game frustrating. :payne:

Lord Doitsu wrote:
You came to the right place Mirii-chan. My favorite ones are Titenic, Japanese Shooters and Anti-Drug games. But the opening to the Hercules review wraps his style of humor up in a nutshell.

I liked the Titenic review a lot, as well. Jon covering Meatloaf was hilarious. :basil:

MBr wrote:
Subscribed to him after watching Game Grumps. It's a shame he left, but I think he's better on his own.

I've not watched much Game Grumps, but I might get round to watching some episodes sometime. :gant:

Ultimate Troll

''I'VE GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU! EH HEH HEH!''
That'll never get out of my head
Welcome.... to the velvet room...

ImageImage

Our friends in Paradiso are far too quiet...

High level play

I'm a big fan of JonTron and I know DoMaya is too (he probably hasn't found this topic yet).

I got to know the show when I saw on the internet: Want to see Egoraptor in drag? Here's the video. that led me to malkovich game show and that made me watch every video (and I'm at a point now where I watched every video at least 3 times).

I also watched most of his GameGrumps episodes and I was baffled when he left so suddenly. There are still lots of tin-foiled hat theories about why, but let's not get into that too deeply now.

I think his best reviews are: DinoCity Bro, the Bubsy collection and How to play Counter Strike (this one just really gets me for no reason)
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Sjibbey wrote:
I got to know the show when I saw on the internet: Want to see Egoraptor in drag? Here's the video. that led me to malkovich game show and that made me watch every video (and I'm at a point now where I watched every video at least 3 times).

I also watched most of his GameGrumps episodes and I was baffled when he left so suddenly. There are still lots of tin-foiled hat theories about why, but let's not get into that too deeply now.

I think his best reviews are: DinoCity Bro, the Bubsy collection and How to play Counter Strike (this one just really gets me for no reason)

I love the Malkovich videos, as well. I've watched all JonTron videos now, but I've barely watched any Game Grumps. I think I'd probably only watch the ones with Jon since I hate change. :payne:

High level play

Mirii-chan wrote:
Sjibbey wrote:

I love the Malkovich videos, as well. I've watched all JonTron videos now, but I've barely watched any Game Grumps. I think I'd probably only watch the ones with Jon since I hate change. :payne:

If you worry about which series to start with I'd recommend Goof Troop. It's not too long, it gets finished and the playthrough is hilarious!
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I can't believe you killed me when I was TALKING ABOUT GOOF TROOP

The Goosebumps is my personal favourite

Five minutes through the Goof Troop playthrough and I already hurt from laughing. Such a shame Jon isn't in Game Grumps any more. :sadshoe:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I got tired of Jon's incompetence within the last few episodes, but Goof Troop was funny

High level play

MBr wrote:
I got tired of Jon's incompetence within the last few episodes, but Goof Troop was funny

I sadly know what you mean. The Ego - Jon formula got kind of stale after a year. Repetitive jokes, being bad at the games (so bad you wonder if it's intentional) and a lot more random screaming/ raising voices. Although the way JonTron left the show has always left a bad taste in my mouth I'm not completely against that they wanted to change some things.

Maybe it's because the current GameGrumps only seem to play very uninteresting games lately, but I'm starting to get tired of Arin and Danny. Hardly anything interesting gets discussed anymore and the humor falls flat on so many episodes. Although I really enjoyed the steam train episodes with Barry and Ross about Amazing Princess Serah where they talked in detail about issues when developing a game. It wasn't funny but it was informative, it added something to the show. They decided to stop after 4 episodes or something though.

GameGrumps is getting stale again in my opinion. Maybe I just need a break from it.

An Enigma Among Humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMFBNpDgFZU

Stale you say?

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Still, Danny and Arin actually finish topics they start, unlike when Jon was there they would drift off. After watching Jon and Arin and then Danny and Arin, I think the latter is much better. I do love Jon's humour, but that's better suited to his own show.

Being bad at games comes to a whole new level in the Sonic 06 playthrough. It did give us some of the greatest Grump moments of all time.

But back to Jon himself, he said something I really agree with. "Social justice doesn't work when you become the new bully." Thanks to GamerGate, there's a lot of shouting from both sides, who fight fire with fire. Also GamerGate is a stupid name.

High level play

Lord Doitsu wrote:

Yes, at least based on my own interests and preferences.

MBr wrote:
But back to Jon himself, he said something I really agree with. "Social justice doesn't work when you become the new bully." Thanks to GamerGate, there's a lot of shouting from both sides, who fight fire with fire. Also GamerGate is a stupid name.

Yeah I was meaning to ask something about this. Apparently Jon played some kind of role in GamerGate via his twitter? He recently tweeted that he wanted to stay neutral.

I was quite happy that the media in the Netherlands didn't pay any attention to GamerGate (it is indeed a stupid name), but they aired a 15 minute segment in a show for additional news just a week ago. It wasn't pretty to watch. They interviewed a female manager and an interracial developer from Guerrilla Games (developer Killzone, who are Dutch) and their message was clear. Female characters always get sexualised in games to fulfill the white male power fantasy. In addition: when developers try to create a game in contrast to this (ergo a strong, not sexualised female character) gamers respond with endless harassment and even rape and death threats.

I don't know what Jon's part in all this is, but after reading up on it and seeing that 15 minute 'news' segment I'm already done with this.

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Holy crap did we actually get two JonTrons in one month?

High level play

Yes and it was glorious.

Not to mention that part 2 probably won't take long to come out. I'm expecting it within 1 or 2 weeks.

Got to hand it to Jon, Season 2 really seems to be getting on a roll lately. The videos are pretty good and pretty frequent!

Shadowsleuth wrote:
Holy crap did we actually get two JonTrons in one month?

I usually only check for his videos one a month, so I wasn't expecting that! The Halloween episodes are always really funny, though.

Sjibbey wrote:
Yes and it was glorious.

Not to mention that part 2 probably won't take long to come out. I'm expecting it within 1 or 2 weeks.

Got to hand it to Jon, Season 2 really seems to be getting on a roll lately. The videos are pretty good and pretty frequent!

I think JonTron's videos are always consistently funny, which I think is rare for YouTubers. Maybe that's not the same for Game Grumps, but I've always ended up laughing at all of Jon's videos, wheras other YouTubers have grown stale for me. :eh?:

MBr wrote:
But back to Jon himself, he said something I really agree with. "Social justice doesn't work when you become the new bully."

Very true! I always keep out of flame wars; there's no point in arguing in my view. But, I never knew Jon was so profound. :basil:

Enoshima Junko-chan!

In regards to GamerGate, he was attacked for the tweet about Zoe Quinn

MBr wrote:

I don't know a great deal about it, since I always try and keep out of flame wars. But I agree with Jon that journalism should be left open to all views. I think the topic has become almost taboo now, and opposing views aren't considered. That being said, though I didn't agree with everything the feminists said, I think the death threats were horrible, and I do think there have been some issues with sexism in gaming. Both ways I think the whole thing went way too far. :yogi:

I was watching Malkovich's Gaming Guilty Pleasures again. Man, I think this is one of the funniest JonTron videos, just everything about it is spot on. XD

Enoshima Junko-chan!

I'm on a JonTron marathon right now. He pretty much had the same personality/act since the second or third episode.

High level play

MBr wrote:

Thanks for the info. I remember reading these tweets when I didn't know anything about GamerGate, but now that I have a lot more context it makes a lot more sense. Also these tweets seem pretty docile to me, seems like Jon got sucked into something big unintentionally of his will. I guess it comes with the job of being YouTube famous.

Mirii-chan wrote:
That being said, though I didn't agree with everything the feminists said, I think the death threats were horrible, and I do think there have been some issues with sexism in gaming. Both ways I think the whole thing went way too far. :yogi:

I was watching Malkovich's Gaming Guilty Pleasures again. Man, I think this is one of the funniest JonTron videos, just everything about it is spot on. XD

Like most debates on the internet: lots of speculation and unfounded arguments/threats from both sides. I guess this one just hit a little too close to home for some gamers.

I don't know why exactly but the Eastern Europe look for Malkovich looks very convincing from Jon. Maybe he has some roots from there deep within his family tree? I'm hoping he'll do another video as Malkovich. Maybe the new MalkovEGH?

MBr wrote:
I'm on a JonTron marathon right now. He pretty much had the same personality/act since the second or third episode.

He definitively developed his style early on and seems comfortable in that role. It makes for an entertaining show, that's for sure. It's interesting to see how relatively 'neutral' Jon is in his Daikatana review. It shows we all have to start somewhere.

MBr wrote:

I think his personality is apparent even in the first episode, but I'm glad he never changed it. :gant:

Sjibbey wrote:
Thanks for the info. I remember reading these tweets when I didn't know anything about GamerGate, but now that I have a lot more context it makes a lot more sense. Also these tweets seem pretty docile to me, seems like Jon got sucked into something big unintentionally of his will. I guess it comes with the job of being YouTube famous.

Mirii-chan wrote:
That being said, though I didn't agree with everything the feminists said, I think the death threats were horrible, and I do think there have been some issues with sexism in gaming. Both ways I think the whole thing went way too far. :yogi:

Like most debates on the internet: lots of speculation and unfounded arguments/threats from both sides. I guess this one just hit a little too close to home for some gamers.

I don't know why exactly but the Eastern Europe look for Malkovich looks very convincing from Jon. Maybe he has some roots from there deep within his family tree? I'm hoping he'll do another video as Malkovich. Maybe the new MalkovEGH?

I think a lot of YouTubers get stuck between a rock and a hard place over internet controversies.

I think Jon was pretty good at doing a British accent as well in the episode, 'Sonic Team Intervention'. I'd like to see him continue Malkovich. As for Jon perhaps having Eastern European roots, like his mother always said, 'A drop in the basket, is worth a shepherd's shilling'. XD

High level play

Holy moly Jon did it! With part 2 of Are You Afraid Of The Dark released on 31 October Jon has released 3 official (not filler or announcements) videos in one month!

Guess Jon just really likes Halloween. Or a sudden burst of creative energy? Anyway this month Jon definitely deserves praise for his hard work.

Sjibbey wrote:
Holy moly Jon did it! With part 2 of Are You Afraid Of The Dark released on 31 October Jon has released 3 official (not filler or announcements) videos in one month!

Guess Jon just really likes Halloween. Or a sudden burst of creative energy? Anyway this month Jon definitely deserves praise for his hard work.

I haven't been watching his videos that long, but I assumed he only did them once a month or so, so I really wasn't expecting two, let alone three new videos.

I think what's best about them is that there's always a lot of effort put in, so I don't mind waiting for them to come out.

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone watched the new video about plug and play consoles?

I never had one of the bootleg ones myself, but I see them a lot in stores round where I live. It reminded me though of a cheap bootleg handheld game I once had. I never did figure out how to play it.

An Enigma Among Humans

I was excited to watch this. I saw the thumbnail and I actually own that Spider-Man game he has there. And, yeah, the joystick is Spider-Man's dick. It is a three in one game. The first one is Spider-Man's adventure. It's a standard side-scrolling-platforming-beat-em-up. Still haven't beat it, as it gets very difficult as it progresses. The rest of the game is just a bunch of rinse and repeat high-scoring games. One of them being that "chasing Lizard threw the sewer". The real game is you can't beat him. You can only stun him, while you go threw the sewer disarming bombs. Once you do it, you get to do it all over again. yay.

But, I don't know why, but I was in tears laughing during "That's Kah from the Jungle Book. Only he looks like he peed on the carpet and got in trouble for it." Don't know why, but that was the funniest thing all day, next to the video if Veggie Tales making a Doctor Who reference.

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Actually owned the Spongebob one. Man, that brings back memories.

High level play

Mirii-chan wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but has anyone watched the new video about plug and play consoles?

I never had one of the bootleg ones myself, but I see them a lot in stores round where I live. It reminded me though of a cheap bootleg handheld game I once had. I never did figure out how to play it.

I can relate. Jon describes these things as: if people didn't want something to pay a full priced game they bought this cheaper alternative instead, making it immensely popular gifts. The thing is, in my country, these things never became popular. This is why I can't really relate to that pile of plastic Jon shows off in his video.

The video was still very fun though.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

My brother got a 100 in 1 plug and play console that was like a steering wheel attached to a seat. It had a bunch of bootleg 8 bit games including Pac Man. This was during the time when the Nintendo Wii was out.

Gardevoir lover

Shadowsleuth wrote:
Actually owned the Spongebob one. Man, that brings back memories.

I know right? I had that one too!

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Looks like a lot of people on here got the actually good ones.

Lord Doitsu wrote:
I was excited to watch this. I saw the thumbnail and I actually own that Spider-Man game he has there. And, yeah, the joystick is Spider-Man's dick.

Yeah, that was a pretty unfortunate design choice. I mean, I can't believe they could miss how obvious it looks. :bellboy:

Sjibbey wrote:
Mirii-chan wrote:

I can relate. Jon describes these things as: if people didn't want something to pay a full priced game they bought this cheaper alternative instead, making it immensely popular gifts. The thing is, in my country, these things never became popular. This is why I can't really relate to that pile of plastic Jon shows off in his video.

The video was still very fun though.

The problem with the bootleg ones is that perhaps grandparents or parents who don't know much about games consoles can sometimes mistake them for the real deal, especially since some are designed to look extremely similar to popular consoles. I suppose it could be a good cheap Christmas present for kids who just play games casually, but considering the terrible quality of the games, I still think they're absolute rip-offs.

The good ones never took off here as far as I know, the ones I've seen are all bootleg.

The Chocolateholic of CR

That Frankenstien just flipped me the double bird..... And then lasers came out......

TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME!
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

A new Jontron just went up. It was absolutely hilarious

(Might chime in on the GameGrumps debate later)

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Funniest JonTron of the whole year.

Did anyone else notice the Game Grumps sticker at the beginning of the video?

High level play

MBr wrote:
Funniest JonTron of the whole year.

Did anyone else notice the Game Grumps sticker at the beginning of the video?

Yeah it was pretty much the first thing to draw my attention. Anyone who watched Jon on GameGrumps would immediately spot that design anywhere. It wasn't hidden either the sticker was put right in the center of the background.

So that makes me wonder:
1: Jon is proud of this days at GG and just wants to show of his memorabilia.
2: He intentionally showed it (because when recording a show you're always very careful about what you show and what not) and wanted to spark some kind of reaction.

Ah well, Zoo Race was a really fun video. The wackiness of the game is a good compliment for Jon's style of 'reviewing' games.

I'll chime in on the GameGrumps thing now. Everyone should know I'm a special situation, though. I'm a Day-1 subscriber, but I hadn't even heard of Egoraptor until the channel started

I always thought GameGrumps fell flat just as much as it shined and by the end, I began to not bother watching episodes unless they were Sonic '06 or caught my interest. My favorite episodes were always when they talked about the technicals of games like New Super Mario Bros. or LTTP

Both Egoraptor and Jon's reviews took a hit. Jon basically became another AVGN. It's better now and he's more embraced his wacky persona which differentiates him, but they're content was at it's lowest during GG. I heard Egoraptor is the same, and doesn't even animate his own stuff anymore (I saw his sequelitis, though. Hated it)

When Jon left, I stopped watching. Steam Train assured I'd never return. It was just too much. It wasn't even the same channel anymore. Why was a show that wasn't GameGrumps on GameGrumps? Why not a different channel?

I've heard Danny is better and I just don't care. There was something really magic about Arin and Jon's friendship and I hated it when they broke apart. I'm sorry, but people who think they left because "Jon wanted to move on" and think that they're still friends are delusional

High level play

I'll chime in on the GameGrumps thing now. Everyone should know I'm a special situation, though. I'm a Day-1 subscriber, but I hadn't even heard of Egoraptor until the channel started
Yeah I agree that GG fell flat near the end. A lot of same stuff in terms of reactions, topics of discussion and overall the show felt stale and in need of innovation.

That's why I felt both joy and disappointment when Danny replaced Jon. Dan seems like a lovely person to be around and a welcome addition in my book. He can really converse with Arin on a level where the show seems more genuine. With Jon you could sometimes feel a bit cringy when there was an obvious overplayed reaction for mediocre event. When you put all those reactions next to the truly special bits (like in Sonic 06 where knuckles got stuck to the ceiling) it kind of downplays what Jon and Arin try to convey to the audience. When Dan is confused is feels more genuine, if only for the reason he plays a lot less games than Jon.

I feel like Dan is a welcome edition to the GG. Although now Arin feels acts more of a fool than usual. With the original GG it felt like Jon was the expressive one and Arin more of the straight man. Now Arin plays (or is) the fool and Dan the straight man. This bothers me since I've been following Arin's work since his early days on Newgrounds. His first 'awesome' animations and voice acting in the 'decline of videogaming' series made a big impact on my during my early days of high school.

In addition Arin is so busy with his side projects that he indeed rarely animates things and even then he 'outsources' the animation to different animators. Which isn't wrong in my opinion. He's making a decent living of his GG work combined with his new rap albums and other stuff. He seems happy about this way of living and demanding he should give that up so I can see more of the 'old Egoraptor' would be downright selfish. Although it's selfish, it does make me sad. He's not that quirky animator which I used to look up to, but almost someone else entirely.

For Jon I feel that leaving GG was the right thing to do. Like I said the show was getting a bit stale and his JonTron videos became extremely rare. A video every 3 - 5 months kind of rare. Being a fan of the JonTron show this really bothered me and that's why I'm happy he's putting a lot of videos out recently. Jon grew over the last couple of years (although I still prefer the classics like DinoCity!) and I've got to give him props for that. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

What mostly bothers me is HOW Jon and Arin broke things off. It was sudden and it seemed vicious. Jon was suddenly a taboo on the current show and the fans were misinformed from day 1. We have some more clarity now, but no-one knows the whole truth and fans were forced to accept the sudden change without knowing the details. I can't picture Jon doing things like this in this scenario so my suspicion falls to Arin. I don't have the evidence to show Arin is the main instigator for Jon leaving the show, but that's what you get for keeping fans in the dark. Old Egoraptor wouldn't do it, but I don't know what to make of our current Egoraptor sometimes.

So what I'm trying to say:
- The fact that Danny came to GG is a welcome change in my opinion. Love the guy.
- Jon leaving made him put more work in the JonTron show, which I also love.
- I love seeing Arin's work, now and in the past. But if someone is the 'bad guy' in this case it's gotta be him in my opinion.
- If we just got to know the whole truth and Jon wouldn't be a taboo on the current GG all my qualms would be put to rest

*Salty fanboy mode off

Page 1 of 2 [ 62 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices