Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 5 posts ]

New Year's plans or traditions?Topic%20Title

What's everyone doing over New Years? Plan on staying up or going to see fireworks?

Personally, I'm going to be completely dull this year, and go to bed early. I live in a second floor flat, so I get a pretty nice view of the fireworks from indoors anyway.
Re: New Year's plans or traditions?Topic%20Title

I usually make no plans - New Year's is not a big thing for me, really. I don't like the cold and I am sensitive to noise, so I tend to not really like the big bangs going on. I have a decent view of some from my window. Plus, if I'm there, I can be a source of comfort to the cats, if they get jumpy from the noise.

C-A

Happy Maria

Well,I made a resolution four years ago never to make any proper New Years resolutions,and it's still going strong.

Seriously though,I know that a new year symbolises a new leaf and all,but if I really want to change,I won't wait till the end of the year for it. I'll change and stick with it.

Nothing. Doing nothing gives me great pleasure in the New Year. I like to stay awake and all, cuz I feel like I'm losing something (I can't really explain what) if I sleep. But I basically do nothing - just message some people, read, listen to music etc, or stay quiet contemplating life, if that counts. My New Year is generally more calm than my Christmas.

@CatMuto

My cat gets quite nervous at the fireworks. He tends to head right for underneath the bed though, so he probably won't emerge until they're over.

@Southern Corn

I agree, New Year's Resolutions can be pretty redundant. I think if someone doesn't attempt to change themselves at other points in the year, they won't do it for New Year's. I think it's better to set monthly or weekly goals, or just generally search for self improvement as and when needed.

I tend to use New Year's Resolutions to gather general ideas of how I want to move forward in the coming year. For 2017, I'm going to work on being more disciplined (so, no more late nights when I'm supposed to be studying the next day! :basil: ). I also want to make more of a conscious effort to tackle my panic attacks.

@Thelema

A calm New Year's sounds good. I'm not one for big parties. :payne:
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices