Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 7 of 7[ 249 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Re: Worst books?Topic%20Title

DON'T INTERRUPT ME, JUSTICE!!!

Go read a Modest Proposal. I like it and extend it as a dare to you guys.
Image (thanks to Vickinator for the awesome sig and avatar.)

When you dare someone to do a task, that task is usually dangerous or incredibly unpleasant...

Which of these does your recommended book fall under?

it falls more under the "shock the hell out of you, until you read it again and laugh" category. it's a satire and its funny as hell.

So what exactly is it doing in a topic about "Worst books"? O_o

just because of shock value. I guarantee most people will read through it once and be shocked and appalled. Then read it again. and laugh.

Still... if it's a recommendation, it definitely belongs in the 'Books you blah blah blah recommendation" topic, as opposed to the 'Worst Books' topic...

...good point.

Ace Sidekick!

House of Night Series.

The main heroine is an arrogant, judgemental, hypocritical, whiny little b!tch and yet she is loved by all except the antagonists of course.

And this book has too many judgemental descriptions. It feels like the authors are just using this series as a way to rant about people/things they dislike or think are stupid.

Homo Faber
I only started reading it because in 10th Grade I had to give a report on a book written on a 20th Century writer and my mother suggested it. I finished about two-thirds of the book before I gave up and gave the report semi-adlib. I read up about the stuff I hadn't gotten to later on.

The main character gets called Homo Faber and he has 0 imagination. Really, he has no imagination, he sees everything as a statistical thing and exactly at what it is. A sunset is a sunset, not a mirage of beautiful colors blending together. My god, this guy was so boring. It doesn't help that he ends up sleeping with his own daughter - but that's his ex-lover's fault for running off and never telling him that he had a daughter. But it's fine, the daughter dies anyway.

The ending of the book is kinda neat. Homo Faber now has colon-cancer and the last sentence in the book is that the doctor's 'are coming'. He has no idea what awaits him, for the first time, he realize he cannot understand something. That's nice. Still a freaking boring character.

For anyone who's interested, I got an A- on the report.
There was some help from my mom, but not much. Wish I had just gone up to the class during the report and said, "My god, this book is so fucking boring. The guy is boring, the daughter he sleeps with is an idiot, the daughter's mother is a moron. What was the point of this book? I didn't even finish it!" and had sat back down.

C-A

PS: I did take an online quiz about what goes on in the book and I got every one of the question right when it came to parts about the book that I had read. Only one I got wrong was why Homo Faber slept with his daughter.
Page 7 of 7 [ 249 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices