Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 1[ 3 posts ]

F.I.R.S.T. RoboticsTopic%20Title

;-;

Ever heard of it? If you haven't, don't worry. We're not that huge. Yet.

There is no easy way of describing F.I.R.S.T. robotics, but I'll certainly try.

Every year, hundreds of high schools around the world compete in the most unique sport you'll ever find. A true sport of the mind, where students and mentors have a mere 6 weeks to build a robot. And these robots are no puny erector set with motors robots. These are robots that hare bigger then most grown adults, with multiple functions that are herd to count. After the 6 weeks, the high schools go to regional competitions, which can be best described as a combination of a science fair and rock concert. There can be as many as 60 teams, sometimes even more so, all playing intense matches to find the best of the best. But, there is so much more to it then just wins and losses. Behind the scenes, you will find a unique brotherhood, where there are no true rivalries. Yes, teams are trying to win, but the longest time any team is an opponent with another is only for 2 minutes. Maybe.

It's difficult to describe, but when you get it, you get it.

Then again, if anyone else on the boards is part of this organization, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Dr? Hotti

(Proud member of Team 836 - The Robobees!)
Re: F.I.R.S.T. RoboticsTopic%20Title

Godot "Tails" Prower

I haven't heard of the F.I.R.S.T. Robotics but I have participated in B.E.S.T Robotics. The whole concept is the same but our robots can only be 25X25 in. and we usually have a theme that we play by. Last year was Laundry Quandry, which had us moving laundry around. We get 3 minutes during our matches though. Besides that though it seems almost the same.

I'm a member of the Metal Mustangs Robotics team we don't have a certain number though it usually changes every year for every team. We are pretty famous in B.E.S.T. because we are the oldest team they have, also I don't think the other teams like us that much...
Re: F.I.R.S.T. RoboticsTopic%20Title

Godot "Tails" Prower

What did you have to do during the competition and what kind of robot did you use? Also are you one of the drivers?
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices