Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 40 of 43[ 1695 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 


Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Please buy 'Je suis L'Belle. ON SALE NOW

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:59 am

Posts: 18

CatMuto wrote:
Michelaar wrote:
Alright, thanks for clearing that up guys. Even if it isn't that hard to get through it blind, I certainly had... difficulties (DAMN YOU SHADOW MITSUO)


True, he was annoying. But I think that had more to do with him hitting hard.

C-A


And evil smile never missing because he is the AI
Laugh every day!
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

If you already own and finished the original, I'd say P4G is really only worth purchasing if you really want to play the game on the go, or if you can find it on sale for a really good price.

I should also note, if you played the English version, they changed Chie's voice in P4G (I think the original retired), so if you liked her original voice, the new one may be a little off putting. I never played the original, and even I found her voice off putting at first, though it grew on me after a while (unlike Rise, who just grates on me more and more as time goes on).

There's also a new character they added, and while I didn't take too much notice at first since I hadn't played the original, after finishing that character's arc, I could see just how tacked on they were. I imagine it's worse for people who have played the original, and know this character wasn't there before and doesn't need to be now.

You do get an additional dungeon and boss to fight though, so there's that, but still not worth the full price tag on its own.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Please buy 'Je suis L'Belle. ON SALE NOW

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:59 am

Posts: 18

TheDoctor wrote:
If you already own and finished the original, I'd say P4G is really only worth purchasing if you really want to play the game on the go, or if you can find it on sale for a really good price.

I should also note, if you played the English version, they changed Chie's voice in P4G (I think the original retired), so if you liked her original voice, the new one may be a little off putting. I never played the original, and even I found her voice off putting at first, though it grew on me after a while (unlike Rise, who just grates on me more and more as time goes on).

There's also a new character they added, and while I didn't take too much notice at first since I hadn't played the original, after finishing that character's arc, I could see just how tacked on they were. I imagine it's worse for people who have played the original, and know this character wasn't there before and doesn't need to be now.

You do get an additional dungeon and boss to fight though, so there's that, but still not worth the full price tag on its own.


Then there is very little chance I will get it. I just listened to Chie's new voice and she sounds like she has become 5 years younger. I hate it.
Laugh every day!
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

Well, she is only 16-17 in the game, but yeah, new voice actors are usually difficult to get used to, especially when they sound nothing like the original.

The funny thing is, they also changed Teddie's voice, and I can barely tell the difference (I mean, it's there, just not very noticeable). And while Kanji has his original voice for all his previously recorded lines, if I'm not mistaken, there's a new voice actor for most/all of his new lines. I never would have noticed though without the internet telling me (although that may just be the anime I'm thinking of).

By the way, now that you've finished the game, you need to read/watch the Hiimdaisy Persona 4 comic. It's unfinished, and won't ever be finished, but what does exist is comedy gold. You can either read the comics in the imgur gallery below, or you can watch the fandub that adds music, sound effects, and voice acting. You can't go wrong with either, really.

http://imgur.com/gallery/7gIwl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Please buy 'Je suis L'Belle. ON SALE NOW

Gender: Male

Location: The Netherlands

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:59 am

Posts: 18

TheDoctor wrote:
Well, she is only 16-17 in the game, but yeah, new voice actors are usually difficult to get used to, especially when they sound nothing like the original.

The funny thing is, they also changed Teddie's voice, and I can barely tell the difference (I mean, it's there, just not very noticeable). And while Kanji has his original voice for all his previously recorded lines, if I'm not mistaken, there's a new voice actor for most/all of his new lines. I never would have noticed though without the internet telling me (although that may just be the anime I'm thinking of).

By the way, now that you've finished the game, you need to read/watch the Hiimdaisy Persona 4 comic. It's unfinished, and won't ever be finished, but what does exist is comedy gold. You can either read the comics in the imgur gallery below, or you can watch the fandub that adds music, sound effects, and voice acting. You can't go wrong with either, really.

http://imgur.com/gallery/7gIwl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7lj9qI8VFc


That sounds absolutely awesome and I will watch it
Laugh every day!
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6657

Yeah, Chie and Teddie got new voice actors to record lines while Kanji and Naoto kept their original VA lines in tact but had new VAs record their new lines. I think for Chie and Teddie, it had something to do with the union they were in or something.

Personally, with Chie, I like her new voice more than her original. At first, it really bugged me, but playing through the whole game, I really came to like it a whole lot more, and I played the original P4 first. I still like the original Chie's voice fine, but even I admit her "Aha! Is this our chance?" is a pretty badly read line.

I will say, I feel Matt Mercer is a fantastic replacement for Troy Baker's Kanji. The only issue I find is that he doesn't sound as gruff when he gets angry, but other than that, he's very spot on in my opinion.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

So, I just heard both the new English and Japanese voices for Igor. I can't say I'm a fan. I realize they didn't have much of a choice in the matter for getting him a new Japanese voice, since his previous seiyuu died, but why did they have to change his voice in the English dub too? When I first heard Igor's English voice in P3P, I didn't really have strong feelings towards it; however, given that P3P was my introduction to the series, I wasn't sure if Igor could be trusted at the time (didn't know he was in P1 and P2), and the English voice added to that ambiguity. It was likely unintentional on the part of the developers, but I still like how it turned out.

On the other hand, his new English voice just sounds evil. That, and the whole Velvet Room schtick has gotten much darker for this iteration. I honestly hope it's all part of some massive plot twist that the Igor you're working with now isn't the same Igor as before, but I sincerely doubt that's the case.

If I'm being honest, I don't really care much for either of his Japanese voices, mostly because I'm so used to his old English voice, but I'd sooner take either of those than his new English voice.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 977

I believe it is meant to sound a lot more sinister in Persona 5 for plot reasons, not just because of the JP voice actor change, though I don't know anything beyond that.

It probably has to do with the fact that the protagonist isn't a guest of the room, but a prisoner. The Velvet Room is not a neutral ground this time around.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6657

I've done a bit of research into Igor's new voice without spoiling, and it seems him having a new voice IS tied into the plot of the story. So there is a reason why his voice is different, and I look forward to them explaining why it is. So at least it isn't something as simple as just replacing the English VA just for the sake of it.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9717

dullahan1 wrote:
I've done a bit of research into Igor's new voice without spoiling, and it seems him having a new voice IS tied into the plot of the story. So there is a reason why his voice is different, and I look forward to them explaining why it is. So at least it isn't something as simple as just replacing the English VA just for the sake of it.


Correct. The change of voice is actually very important to the plot.

I'd like to say more, but that would go into spoiler territory...

C-A
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

Yeah please don't
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

While we're on the subject of voices, I was looking through some voice comparison videos for the P4 characters and I noticed Rise's voice had changed for Dancing All Night.

I decided to just go ahead and listen to a few cutscenes to hear what the difference sounded like (as I have no intention of buying a rhythm game when I'm not crazy about the original soundtrack to begin with), and I'm convinced the majority of what pissed me off about Rise was Laura Bailey's portrayal; at least, after she joins the team. Before that, I didn't mind it too much.

I'll grant you, some of Rise's dialogue in DAN was kind of flat, like she was just reading lines instead of acting, but then, the same could be said for the MC, who I thought sounded great in P4: The Animation, so it might be a directing thing.

I'm still not a huge fan of her character, but listening to either Rie Kugimiya or Ashly Burch is way less irritating than listening to Laura Bailey's portrayal. The weird thing is that I'm not usually that annoyed with Bailey's voice. The first time I remembered hearing her was as Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist, which is admittedly her playing against type, but then I tried watching Soul Eater, and while her voice for the main character was fairly similar to her Rise voice, I didn't mind it so much there (and this was after I played P4, so if anything, the voice should have annoyed me more). However, for some reason, her playing Rise makes me wish I had the option to mute certain character's voices or that I could switch individual voices from dub to sub.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

Started playing P5 today. I can't say I care much for they crazy font on the UI, but aside from that, everything looks good. Only major complaint so far is that I'm stuck with whatever audio I choose at the beginning of the game. I really don't understand why either. It would seem all they would have to do is check which folder to read the files from. Idk, maybe they'll fix it in a patch. I just like the option to go back and forth between voices so I can hear what everyone sounds like in both languages. And since Atlus put the kibosh on people recording the cutscenes this early on, YouTube isn't even an option at this point.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 977

I'm pretty sure you can switch languages from the load screen. Not as nice as switching in game, but VLR did this too, so I guess it's a lot easier to swap assets at load instead of on the fly. Especially considering the engine probably wasn't developed with multilingual in mind.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

Tried that. Apparently, there's a little marker on the save file that tells you what language you started the game with. Even if you change the options, the voices remain the same.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 977

Try using triangle before loading a file. Changing the options from the main menu won't do it (or so I've seen).
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

Oh, so that's how you do it. Thanks!
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

Gotta say, I'm loving the new Baton Pass feature. I always hated it in previous games when I was able to hit an enemy's weak point, only for it to get back up before one of my other characters could hit another enemy's weak point to start an all-out attack. This makes it a bit easier to prevent that from happening. Only caveat is that it doesn't work when the enemy has the drop on you. I also like how confidants give you useful skills or perks other than just raising the bonus exp for persona fusions.

Also, regarding English vs Japanese voices. I like Morgana and Igor's Japanese voices better, while I prefer Ryuji and Ann's English voices. However, with the English voices comes some pretty bad name pronunciation. Ironic point being that they managed to pronounce "Caroline" (an English name) the same way in both versions ("care-oh-LEEN" instead of the normal English "care-oh-LINE"). On the other hand, "Takamaki" and "Sakamoto" were so horribly butchered, the dub became rather painful to listen to.

Seriously, does the vocal director not even listen to the way they're supposed to pronounce the names? I can understand if a name's hard for most Americans to pronounce correctly (like when there's a "kyo" in the name, similar to when there's an "L" in a English name pronounced in a Japanese dub), but these are just mostly an issue of the dub putting the emphasis on the wrong syllables.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

Sounds like they took a leaf out of TMS#FE's book with the confidant's thing. In that game, supporting cast members who weren't fighters all gave you perks (and 2 get involved in special attacks) when you completed their quests.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1535

Started Persona 5. Made it to the first dungeon. It's been a while since I've ran recklessly into a dungeon in a JRPG and actually got punished for doing so. I'm​ glad, now I know I need to properly manage my resources even though that should have been obvious, given the publisher.
Edit: I need to stop spoiling myself by looking at random TvTropes articles.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Chocolateholic of CR

Gender: Male

Location: Unknown

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am

Posts: 2812

I must say Ann's suit is very..... :bellboy:
Image
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

Meh. Makoto's is cooler, even it's not as "hot" or whatever.
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1535

Spoiler: P5 fourth dungeon
"We need to cure a teenage girl's survivor guilt so she can stop the infamous hacker known as 4Chan a hacktivist group from collapsing Japan's economy."
That is a statement I never would have associated with a JRPG in a hundred years, yet I am oddly okay with this.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gender: Male

Location: IN SPACE!

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Posts: 6657

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWQFnC2zqU
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)


I feel the same
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3532

So I finally booted this up

Spoiler: First hour or so thoughts
>Drunken asshole forces himself on some woman
>I push the asshole away, accidentally hurting him in the process
>Now I'm the scum of the earth according to pretty much everyone I've met so far

Then out of nowhere I meet a cute blonde who actually smiles at me

I see your game, game :wellington:

Finding my way around is taking a little getting used to after the other Personas having fairly simple, straight-forward areas to navigate

And new Igor suuuuuuuuuuuuucks, his old voice was awesome (English anyway, I'm not playing this in Japanese after playing the others in English)
and besides just the voice, the new guy has lousy delivery, like he's just there to say his spiel and get out, maybe it's better later but for now blah

Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am

Posts: 809

Well, glad to hear there is at least a reason why Igor's voice is the way it is. It would be worse if his voice sucked for no particular reason.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1535

I think I just passed the part that decides what ending you get.
Spoiler:
And I really want to post that "I called it" gif in regards to the traitor, but now that I think about it, they wanted me to figure that part out. I even had a saved post about how obvious it was.
So uhh... the bad ending music is nice.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9717

sumguy28 wrote:
I think I just passed the part that decides what ending you get.
Spoiler:
And I really want to post that "I called it" gif in regards to the traitor, but now that I think about it, they wanted me to figure that part out. I even had a saved post about how obvious it was.
So uhh... the bad ending music is nice.


The identity of the traitor of your group was practically figured out before the game was even released in Japan. *shrug*
It's gonna go (and has, for Japanese players) into the same category as Aerith Dies.

C-A
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

*sigh* maybe for you Cat.

Some blessed ignorant few didn't know there was a traitor at all until your post just there. Watch your spoilers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1535

Pierre wrote:
*sigh* maybe for you Cat.

Some blessed ignorant few didn't know there was a traitor at all until your post just there. Watch your spoilers.

You find that out within the first ten minutes of the game, so I wouldn't count the existence of one as a spoiler.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 13976

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
*sigh* maybe for you Cat.

Some blessed ignorant few didn't know there was a traitor at all until your post just there. Watch your spoilers.

You find that out within the first ten minutes of the game, so I wouldn't count the existence of one as a spoiler.




Hrm alright Cats off the hook. Been keeping myself intentionally in the dark about a lot of P5
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4073

[laughs] Ann's Persona is Carmen. I wonder if there's a Don José Persona... [has a Yukiko-esque laughing fit]
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9717

Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
*sigh* maybe for you Cat.

Some blessed ignorant few didn't know there was a traitor at all until your post just there. Watch your spoilers.

You find that out within the first ten minutes of the game, so I wouldn't count the existence of one as a spoiler.




Hrm alright Cats off the hook. Been keeping myself intentionally in the dark about a lot of P5


It's basically how the plot kicks off. Your latest heist failed because there's a traitor among you who told the police when you'd pull it off. Then you spend majority of the game in interogation with Sae, basically telling her how everything got to this point.

General Luigi wrote:
[laughs] Ann's Persona is Carmen. I wonder if there's a Don José Persona... [has a Yukiko-esque laughing fit]


Off the top of my head, I cannot think of anyone having or there being a Don José based persona in the game. You do have Arsène; Zorro; Robin Hood...

C-A
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mr. Sunshine

Gender: Male

Location: Live on Stage

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am

Posts: 2835

I've been playing this game for like 40 hours now... LOL This is so much time on one game! (Haven't played this much in ages)
I'm part-way through the 4th palace.

This game's been great! Such a different vibe to P3 and 4. It feels like a mix of P2 and 3/4 with the atmosphere being more like P2 (and the way Shadows act this time around), and the whole negotiation mechanic returning. But P3/4 with the battle layout and mechanics etc.

Also does anyone know why Atlus picked 7/7 as the cut-off? I've passed that point and there was no game-shattering spoiler at that time that could've ruined the experience. The only thing I can think of is some line on around 7/9, but that was being lead into you could've seen that coming (pun intended).
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1535

I think I'm noticing a pattern with some of the female Confidants.
Spoiler:
Death Rank 9
"Why did you continue to participate in the clinical trials?"
>Because I love you.

Devil Rank 9
"Why do you keep coming here?"
>Because I love you.

Hermit Rank 9
"Why did you help me overcome my agoraphobia?"
>Because I love you.

It feels less like the start of a genuine relationship and more like "I did this all for you!"
And I see I still can't comfort a crying friend without the game going "Suddenly, romance!"

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Posts: 905

sumguy28 wrote:
I think I'm noticing a pattern with some of the female Confidants.
Spoiler:
Death Rank 9
"Why did you continue to participate in the clinical trials?"
>Because I love you.

Devil Rank 9
"Why do you keep coming here?"
>Because I love you.

Hermit Rank 9
"Why did you help me overcome my agoraphobia?"
>Because I love you.

It feels less like the start of a genuine relationship and more like "I did this all for you!"
And I see I still can't comfort a crying friend without the game going "Suddenly, romance!"

Spoiler:
That last one was really egregious in P4 when comforting Rise. I get it's probably a Japanese thing, but still...

Looking back, I wonder if there was an "oh, get over it" option then. I can't remember.

Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3532

Okay I know I'm shit at these games but the cavalry enemies in the first dungeon are really pissing me off

Swarms of guys that can two-shot everyone on my team with basic attacks? Yeah that's fair

Wiped out twice already, losing interest in playing real quick due to having to redo the same damn section over again because I'm dumb enough to think "Hey, the game's been fair enough so far with save points, there must be one coming up soon"
Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title

Blah!

Gender: None specified

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Posts: 977

If you're near the end of that palace, I think they intend for you to dodge around those enemies, not fight them. If they glow red with your third eye, you probably shouldn't engage because they're significantly higher level.

EDIT: I probably should note that I wiped out once here because of them.
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am

Posts: 3532

blahmoomoo wrote:
If you're near the end of that palace, I think they intend for you to dodge around those enemies, not fight them. If they glow red with your third eye, you probably shouldn't engage because they're significantly higher level.

EDIT: I probably should note that I wiped out once here because of them.

Spoiler:
They were yellow but still hit like a truck

Second time I tried I saved SP against the angel boss since all it does is charge up and attack and avoided about half of them, taking the rest out with Bufu but leaving me with almost no SP left, still managed to get into the tower but got ambushed by a group of the bastards when I checked one of the elevators

"How is that fair?" - Ryuji, last words

Image
Re: PersonaTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4073

TheDoctor wrote:
That last one was really egregious in P4 when comforting Rise. I get it's probably a Japanese thing, but still...

Looking back, I wonder if there was an "oh, get over it" option then. I can't remember.

The game's been out long enough that I don't think the spoiler tag is necessary.

I attribute the problem with Rise's "lovers or friends" dialogue tree to poor wording. Rise pleads with the player character to "stay by [her] side," and that is exactly what he does if you choose the "Stand there" option, but by merely calling it "stand there," it's easy to interpret it as the player character being an insensitive jerk rather than him being there for her as a friend is expected to be. He might not be hugging her, but his presence still reassures her that no, she hasn't lost everything. I think I actually talked about this with Pierre a while back, come to think of it.
Image
Page 40 of 43 [ 1695 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot?] and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO