Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 262 of 262[ 10470 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262
 


Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

Thelema wrote:
Playing MGS3, and I think I am developing fangirlness for young!Revolver Ocelot. I have a thing for soldiers, you know. Also, I might ship Ocelot/Snake lol. So much Ho Ray in this game.

Also, while I dig the cutscenes and find the plot complex/interesting, can I say I just want to tell Major Zero to shut the f*** up sometimes? It feels he calls you via radio to talk about every single detail there is. It may just be me being impatient, but it gets tiring sometimes. I just skip 30-40% of Snake’s dialogues with Major Zero.



Isn't he just ADORABLE! Young!Ocelot is just so adorable in his fanboyness for Snake.

Also MGS3 is probably my favourite of the games. It's ending sequences are just so wonderfully cinematic and dynamic.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am

Posts: 833

Yup, he is very adorable... wannabe badass and adorable <3 “John, plain name, but I won’t forget it”.

This game is pretty awesome, hell yes. Nothing seems at fault here: it has a good gameplay, interesting plot, ‘til now interesting characters, AMAZING soundtrack... the soundtrack basically puts you in a “60s spy movie atmosphere” vibe. Probably one of the most complete games out there. I am playing MGS3 now because it is the first game in the timeline, but I plan to play the others later (to be more specific, I will replay MGS1 because I’ve already played it, but I remember nothing about it)
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1577

I'm playing Mass Effect and I'm just not enjoying it. I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to do every single side quest I come across, but since I made that attempt, it just gave me extra time to highlight all the annoyances I have with the game. The combat was passable before I got a skill that reduces damage by 96%, driving sucks, managing equipment with all six squad members is tedious, not to mention they all feel like walking backstories, I keep running out of inventory space, the side quests areas all use variations of five different layouts, driving sucks, the dialogue options boil down to "don't be a dick," "get on with it," "be a dick," and "would you like to know more?", and driving sucks. Yes I am aware this game is ten years old, but the only thing I can excuse with that fact is the graphics. I kinda want to see where the story goes, if only because the game came bundled with the sequel, but overall the experience has just been not that engaging.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

*laugh track*

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3791

Recently finished Hotel Dusk myself, pretty enjoyable overall.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

sumguy28 wrote:
I'm playing Mass Effect and I'm just not enjoying it. I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to do every single side quest I come across, but since I made that attempt, it just gave me extra time to highlight all the annoyances I have with the game. The combat was passable before I got a skill that reduces damage by 96%, driving sucks, managing equipment with all six squad members is tedious, not to mention they all feel like walking backstories, I keep running out of inventory space, the side quests areas all use variations of five different layouts, driving sucks, the dialogue options boil down to "don't be a dick," "get on with it," "be a dick," and "would you like to know more?", and driving sucks. Yes I am aware this game is ten years old, but the only thing I can excuse with that fact is the graphics. I kinda want to see where the story goes, if only because the game came bundled with the sequel, but overall the experience has just been not that engaging.



The driving sucks but in a BRILLIANT way. It's like "The Room" of driving mechanics. Your car is so wonderful and floaty that you feel you can do anything and get the sickest jumps off of huge mountains. Sometimes it feels like I could climb impossible mountains on sheer willpower alone! It's so bad it's good for me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Classified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Posts: 514

Nothing. I'm waiting for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon to come out. :will:

Okay I'll stop acting like I'm stupid, I'm actually playing Space Engine. Well, it's not really a game per say more of a simulator. Cool thing is you can explore almost the whole entire universe itself. If you are at all interested in Space, I highly recommend that you check it out. Best of all, it's is 100% free.
Friend me on: 3DS: 0963-3569-2439 PSN: ZoomCraftGaming and Steam: ZoomBoom124
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

*laugh track*

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3791

Last Window- The Secret of Cape West

It's a pretty enjoyable experience so far, on par with its prequel. I can't wait to see where this goes. I just hope the ending is a little better this time.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 839

Sonic Forces

It’s good. Not great, but it has its moments. Control feels stiff, even with Classic Sonic. Stages are shorter than a typical Sonic game, but it’s like Sonic Colors in which there are lots of stages but are generally short.

It feels like this game was rushed even though it was developed for 4 years. Sonic Mania is much better.

Ranking of the recent 3D Sonic games: Sonic Generations > Sonic Colors > Sonic Unleashed > Sonic Forces > Sonic Lost World
11037
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

MBr wrote:
Sonic Forces

It’s good. Not great, but it has its moments. Control feels stiff, even with Classic Sonic. Stages are shorter than a typical Sonic game, but it’s like Sonic Colors in which there are lots of stages but are generally short.

It feels like this game was rushed even though it was developed for 4 years. Sonic Mania is much better.

Ranking of the recent 3D Sonic games: Sonic Generations > Sonic Colors > Sonic Unleashed > Sonic Forces > Sonic Lost World



Nnnngh feeding into the self-insert fanfiction side of the Sonic fanbase has tainted that game for me. To be honest the story sounds somewhat interesting. Sonic killed off and the side-characters need to fend for themselves in the meantime. Kinda wish they'd stuck with it without introducing a self-insert Sonic replacement.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

I finished my first playthrough of Tyranny despite having bought it a year ago. I ended up siding with the Disfavored. In my second playthrough, I'm going to try the "Rebel Path." The fact that I'm bothering with a second playthrough should make clear whether or not I like this game.

Tyranny leads me to some interesting philosophical questions, though I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was a game out there that could fully tackle such questions without (intentionally or inadvertently) steering the player toward a particular answer, to say nothing of the various intricacies that could affect one's answer. For example, peace and stability often come at a price, at times due to circumstances beyond our control. How much should we be willing to sacrifice for their sake? Playing as someone who serves a tyrant, that question is one I found myself wrestling with during my first playthrough.

There was one point during the Disfavored campaign in which I wanted to try to get Ashe and his subordinates to abandon their plan for dealing with a particular enemy, but the game didn't give me the option to do anything more than disdainfully carry out my part of the mission. A lot of things I had to do that I didn't want to do were ultimately beyond my control, but for acceptable reasons; oftentimes, my hand was forced by an enemy who was unwilling to negotiate. The aforementioned mission was an exception. Railroading will ever be the bane of those who play games with ambiguous moral choices.
Image
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

General Luigi wrote:
I finished my first playthrough of Tyranny despite having bought it a year ago. I ended up siding with the Disfavored. In my second playthrough, I'm going to try the "Rebel Path." The fact that I'm bothering with a second playthrough should make clear whether or not I like this game.

Tyranny leads me to some interesting philosophical questions, though I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was a game out there that could fully tackle such questions without (intentionally or inadvertently) steering the player toward a particular answer, to say nothing of the various intricacies that could affect one's answer. For example, peace and stability often come at a price, at times due to circumstances beyond our control. How much should we be willing to sacrifice for their sake? Playing as someone who serves a tyrant, that question is one I found myself wrestling with during my first playthrough.

There was one point during the Disfavored campaign in which I wanted to try to get Ashe and his subordinates to abandon their plan for dealing with a particular enemy, but the game didn't give me the option to do anything more than disdainfully carry out my part of the mission. A lot of things I had to do that I didn't want to do were ultimately beyond my control, but for acceptable reasons; oftentimes, my hand was forced by an enemy who was unwilling to negotiate. The aforementioned mission was an exception. Railroading will ever be the bane of those who play games with ambiguous moral choices.


Hm sounds a lot like my experience of playing Fire Emblem Conquest.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

In Conquest's defense, the Fire Emblem games have always had rather linear stories with little to no room for the player to change how things play out save for with regards to which characters survive. The lack of choice there was unpleasant, to be sure, but also to be expected. Tyranny, by contrast, normally offers much more room for the player to influence the outcome of things.
Image
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

General Luigi wrote:
In Conquest's defense, the Fire Emblem games have always had rather linear stories with little to no room for the player to change how things play out save for with regards to which characters survive. The lack of choice there was unpleasant, to be sure, but also to be expected. Tyranny, by contrast, normally offers much more room for the player to influence the outcome of things.


Oh I didn't mean it as a downside, it was clearly the story it was wishing to tell.

You wish you could do good but with the evil eyes of King Garon watching over you, you are forced to resort to trickery and sneakiness in order to achieve any kind of good. Even then the other forces that surround you are undermining and undoing what little good you can do.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 839

My main issue with Forces is air control. You have so much control over a running jump that you can stop all momentum almost immediately. But if you try to influence a jump from a standstill, you can hardly move.
11037
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

*laugh track*

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3791

I'm currently in Chapter 9 of Cape West. Holy crud this game is exciting. I can't wait to see the ending.
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Stay Woke

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 602

Just finished my 100% playthrough of Mario Odyssey. Not as good as Zelda, but it's still a damn good game that I'd recommend to anyone. Probably one of my 5 favorite games I've ever played, and considering Zelda is also top 5 it shows how damn good of a year the Switch is having.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

Almost at the end of Horizon Zero Dawn. A big Open World game I'm actually enjoying.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 839

Okay, finished Sonic Forces. This will probably be my last post on it. I said it felt rushed but that isn’t the right word. It feels lazy. I can’t get over that this game spent four years in development and the result is a game that is mostly mediocre. Sonic Team got upstaged by a team of Sonic fans with Sonic Mania.

I see why Sonic Team wanted to move away from the boost formula in Generations with the following game, Lost World, because they half-assed it in Forces.
11037
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

MBr wrote:
Okay, finished Sonic Forces. This will probably be my last post on it. I said it felt rushed but that isn’t the right word. It feels lazy. I can’t get over that this game spent four years in development and the result is a game that is mostly mediocre. Sonic Team got upstaged by a team of Sonic fans with Sonic Mania.

I see why Sonic Team wanted to move away from the boost formula in Generations with the following game, Lost World, because they half-assed it in Forces.


Boost formula? I'm not sure what you mean. I saw someone play the first level and it looked like they boosted through the whole thing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1577

Finished Mass Effect 1. Waiting for the sequel to download.

I have to admit, the story grew on me the closer I got to the end.

One thing I will complain about, though,
Spoiler:
I'm fairly certain I played Shepard as "not interested in banging his crew members."

Then he banged a crew member.

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm fairly certain I played Shepard as "not interested in banging his crew members."

Then he banged a crew member.

I had a similar experience. I was friendly toward Ashley, but didn't want my character to be in a relationship with her. Apparently, the game thought I did. I turned her down at Ilos, but the game still assumed that they were a couple, judging by some scenes in my playthroughs of 2 and 3.

One thing I would have liked would be having the option to just have Shepard be married to someone who never actually appears in-game--just a simple box to tick in character creation. Such an option would have been an effective anti-romance shield while the hypothetical spouse's off-screen status would avert the risk of him/her being someone the player wouldn't like.
Image
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

General Luigi wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm fairly certain I played Shepard as "not interested in banging his crew members."

Then he banged a crew member.

I had a similar experience. I was friendly toward Ashley, but didn't want my character to be in a relationship with her. Apparently, the game thought I did. I turned her down at Ilos, but the game still assumed that they were a couple, judging by some scenes in my playthroughs of 2 and 3.

One thing I would have liked would be having the option to just have Shepard be married to someone who never actually appears in-game--just a simple box to tick in character creation. Such an option would have been an effective anti-romance shield while the hypothetical spouse's off-screen status would avert the risk of him/her being someone the player wouldn't like.


Hey I can feel your pain. I accidentally ended up knocking boots with Dorian in Dragon Age 3. I kept playing up a 'bromance' angle because he's a cool stylish guy and then dude up and kisses me.

Cept he's too cool now for me to break his heart.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Posts: 6431

I finished up the new southpark game. The ending left me pretty hyped for what is coming up next. The boss fight at the end was funny, but could have been more epic, and climatic. I wonder if the ending is hinting at a dlc or the plot for a new game.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Stay Woke

Gender: Male

Location: Hiding from responsibility

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 am

Posts: 602

Just finished "playing" (watched an unspoiled playthrough) of Doki Doki Literature Club. I honestly can't remember the last time a game played with my emotions as much as this one, especially with how close it hits to certain issues I'm dealing with in my personal life right now.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

*laugh track*

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3791

Replaying Hotel Dusk but this time I want to be a complete jerk and pick all the wrong options and get all the game overs
A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

Southern Corn wrote:
Replaying Hotel Dusk but this time I want to be a complete jerk and pick all the wrong options and get all the game overs



I can't remember specifics...but make sure you diss on the writer in the bar when talking to the hotel manager! It's a fantastic game over.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am

Posts: 833

Lol I hated the hotel owner with all my passion, especially in the beginning of the game. I couldn’t do/say anything, he would kick me out of the place. Intolerant bitch.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

*laugh track*

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3791

Dunning is super sensitive, yeah, though it is somewhat justified.

Funny thing you say that though Pierre, that was one of the first game overs I got in my first playthrough and I loved it lol.

Spoiler: Hotel Dusk
You just end up getting drunk the entire night and don't really uncover anything.

A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14030

Southern Corn wrote:
Dunning is super sensitive, yeah, though it is somewhat justified.

Funny thing you say that though Pierre, that was one of the first game overs I got in my first playthrough and I loved it lol.

Spoiler: Hotel Dusk
You just end up getting drunk the entire night and don't really uncover anything.


A night well spent
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title
User avatar

*laugh track*

Gender: None specified

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am

Posts: 3791

Pierre wrote:
Southern Corn wrote:
Dunning is super sensitive, yeah, though it is somewhat justified.

Funny thing you say that though Pierre, that was one of the first game overs I got in my first playthrough and I loved it lol.

Spoiler: Hotel Dusk
You just end up getting drunk the entire night and don't really uncover anything.


A night well spent

On the other hand...

Spoiler: Endgame spoilers
Dunning might've gotten so drunk he could've divulged everything about Evans, Nile, Bradley and Osterzone but we never see it :P

A great man once wrote:
Breakfast? What needs to be broken so fast?


Story CrafterCase RankingsRelated LinksQR CodeSocot Lore
Page 262 of 262 [ 10470 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO