Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 10 of 10[ 395 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Re: Is ______ any good?Topic%20Title

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Honestly, I feel Justice For All is one of the weaker games in the series, and I probably wouldn't care about it as much if it wasn't for case 2-4. That case was the only saving grace of that game.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Honestly, I feel Justice For All is one of the weaker games in the series, and I probably wouldn't care about it as much if it wasn't for case 2-4. That case was the only saving grace of that game.

Pretty much this. Even the music, which is usually solid in AA games, is extremely hit or miss in JfA; while there's some great tracks like Whim of a Murderous Gentleman and Search - Core, most of the in-court music is unremarkable, and tracks like Congratulations Everyone Again will have you sliding the volume off as quickly as humanly possible.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Pretty much this. Even the music, which is usually solid in AA games, is extremely hit or miss in JfA; while there's some great tracks like Whim of a Murderous Gentleman and Search - Core, most of the in-court music is unremarkable, and tracks like Congratulations Everyone Again will have you sliding the volume off as quickly as humanly possible.

Really? As much as I liked the first Cornered Theme, the one from JFA had a really neat rhythm and beat to it. Always looked forward to hearing it in JFA. Although there are some soundtrack pieces that I really wish would stay out of it... but that was the case in the other games, too.

Spoiler: Soundtracks (Involves Spoilers for 2-4)
The theme that played whenever we see the real, evil Matt Engarde. I had to listen to that so often, I felt like taking his chocolate milk-brandy glass and shoving it up his ass.

The overall theme playing during investigations. Again, had to hear it way too often, especially when I recorded my gameplay footage for a video walkthrough I had to give up on.

C-A

Last edited by CatMuto on Mon May 27, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

Really? As much as I liked the first Cornered Theme, the one from JFA had a really neat rhythm and beat to it. Always looked forward to hearing it in JFA. Although there are some soundtrack pieces that I really wish would stay out of it... but that was the case in the other games, too.

Spoiler: Soundtracks
The theme that played whenever we see the real, evil Matt Engarde. I had to listen to that so often, I felt like taking his chocolate milk-brandy glass and shoving it up his ass.

The overall theme playing during investigations. Again, had to hear it way too often, especially when I recorded my gameplay footage for a video walkthrough I had to give up on.

C-A

Errr Cat you may want to modify your spoiler tag. It says soundtracks but it actually spoils one of the big twists in 2-4. An this thread is for recommending games people haven't played....
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Changed it.
Although I think if people are talking about the soundtrack, they pretty much played through the game already.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Changed it.
Although I think if people are talking about the soundtrack, they pretty much played through the game already.

C-A

Weejus was the guy getting the opinions and he didn't mention the soundtrack.

Just you and me have both been on the bad end of spoilers before.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Star General

I actually like the GS2 soundtrack, although Franziska's version of The Great Revival is crappy and pointless. I really like Hotline of Fate, and the objection and cornered themes.

Gettin' Old!

Weejus wrote:
I actually like the GS2 soundtrack, although Franziska's version of The Great Revival is crappy and pointless. I really like Hotline of Fate, and the objection and cornered themes.

I think the game is strong enough to be worthy of it's own merits but seems my peers think it's not a great game.

I still hold 2-4 as one of my favourite cases of all time and yeah I think some of the music is good too but I'd play it just to experience more AA goodness, after all we only have a limited amount available to us.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
I still hold 2-4 as one of my favourite cases of all time and yeah I think some of the music is good too but I'd play it just to experience more AA goodness, after all we only have a limited amount available to us.

2-4 definitely has the best message to be taught ever in terms of Law Games, there's no denying that. I actually thought that 2-4 would have been better as the final case for Phoenix, since he learns something very important. (Plus, I've mentioned before how T&T felt like a superfluous bag of 'We will explain every tiny detail you (didn't) want to know about the Fey clan')
I just think the way the lesson felt so tiny and compressed compared to the crap going on around it really took some of the impact away.

Spoiler: Spoiler for Case 2-4
I always thought that needing to kidnap someone (and bring in blackmail) was an incredibly cowardly thing to do. Plus, Phoenix seemed to focus much more on "Oh my god I have to rescue Maya" rather than do an even semi-decent job, for his standards. Why did De Killer even want Phoenix? Yeah, Phoenix had not lost a case up to that point. Anybody who paid attention would realize that he basically bumbles his way through until he comes up with something eventually.... that doesn't sound like a very good lawyer to me to put my acquittal into their hands.

All this goes on, all constantly worrying about Maya (Yeah, I guess important, despite my not liking her) and the kidnapping and blablabla, we barely have five minutes where Phoenix is all, "Can I do this? Can I actually defend somebody I know is guilty? I don't know, I'm so confused. What's the right thing to do?" And in the end, we have Mia's obligatory short speech of how he found an answer.

What's the answer? Phoenix can't defend somebody who is guilty.
Or, more precise, he just plain won't defend somebody who isn't 100% innocent because.... I dunno, Phoenix is a jerk who is also a wimp?

Quote:

We have? *lacks the memory*

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

2-4 definitely has the best message to be taught ever in terms of Law Games, there's no denying that. I actually thought that 2-4 would have been better as the final case for Phoenix, since he learns something very important. (Plus, I've mentioned before how T&T felt like a superfluous bag of 'We will explain every tiny detail you (didn't) want to know about the Fey clan')
I just think the way the lesson felt so tiny and compressed compared to the crap going on around it really took some of the impact away.

Spoiler: Spoiler for Case 2-4
I always thought that needing to kidnap someone (and bring in blackmail) was an incredibly cowardly thing to do. Plus, Phoenix seemed to focus much more on "Oh my god I have to rescue Maya" rather than do an even semi-decent job, for his standards. Why did De Killer even want Phoenix? Yeah, Phoenix had not lost a case up to that point. Anybody who paid attention would realize that he basically bumbles his way through until he comes up with something eventually.... that doesn't sound like a very good lawyer to me to put my acquittal into their hands.

All this goes on, all constantly worrying about Maya (Yeah, I guess important, despite my not liking her) and the kidnapping and blablabla, we barely have five minutes where Phoenix is all, "Can I do this? Can I actually defend somebody I know is guilty? I don't know, I'm so confused. What's the right thing to do?" And in the end, we have Mia's obligatory short speech of how he found an answer.

What's the answer? Phoenix can't defend somebody who is guilty.
Or, more precise, he just plain won't defend somebody who isn't 100% innocent because.... I dunno, Phoenix is a jerk who is also a wimp?

Quote:

We have? *lacks the memory*

C-A

True not that I don't like 3-5 but regarding the whole theme of law and the ultimate message about it 2-4 hits the nail pretty dead on.

Though I recall recently you raged at someone who just posted a spoiler about GK2 and you quoted it and I shielded my eyes and was like "Don't quote it!"

Another earlier time back when GK1 was out someone labelled a spoiler tag "1-5". I think it was one of those generic "Favourite moment" topics. So I opened it up curious to see what it was.

Apparently instead of being about Case 1-5 (Rise from the Ashes) it was about GK's case 5 (turnabout ablaze) and it spoiled a big secret about the Yatagarasu before I'd played the game. I was furious about how such a silly mistake had led to that.

On topic: However GK is still good enough I'd recommend it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Though I recall recently you raged at someone who just posted a spoiler about GK2 and you quoted it and I shielded my eyes and was like "Don't quote it!"

I wasn't raging. :eh?:
It was more of a surprised, concerned disbelieve.

Plus, it's been months since I've touched GK2 and I'm only on Case 2, so even if I started playing again, I'd probably have to replay Case 2 again, just to remember who was who and what not and what was going on. I do remember, though, a guy with a bear stuck to his chest. Boy was that freaky.

For any Sims fan out there, what about the Sims 3 Expansion Pack: Ambitions?
I read up on what all was added and, mostly, it seemed to be jobs. I'm glad that the Teacher Job was re-added, so my Gui Sim could finally get closer to Canon and have that as his job (Unfortunately Fortunately, there's no option to have a Male Sim get pregnant with the DNA Baby of his partner, so that part of Canon I have literally screwed into 'proper rules') but aside from Jobs.... does it have anything else great? I recently got Generations because the addition for things a Child and Teenager could do made the Child Stage much more enjoyable to play. But Ambitions sounds good...

Other Expansion Packs I would ask about are Island Paradise, but that's not out yet, and World Adventure, but I'm not sure if I want that... unless it makes it easier to make Asian Sims in Create-A-Sim.

C-A

1000% Knight

I just noticed/found out today that both Pandora's Tower and The Last Story got a US release! I think I'd like to get one; anyone have a recommendation of one over the other?
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
I just noticed/found out today that both Pandora's Tower and The Last Story got a US release! I think I'd like to get one; anyone have a recommendation of one over the other?

Actually heard all of the Operation Rainfall games were amazing.
Though I heard folks saying Pandora's Tower was better, though granted that was only one person I'm talking about here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Yeah, I know. I want to play all 3, and I have Xenoblade*, so it was just a question of which to play next.

*: I technically don't have it, but I have access to it. ...Well technically not at the moment, but... whatever this isn't important xD
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
Yeah, I know. I want to play all 3, and I have Xenoblade*, so it was just a question of which to play next.

*: I technically don't have it, but I have access to it. ...Well technically not at the moment, but... whatever this isn't important xD

Infernal...JEALOUSY.... DESTRUCTION WAAAAVVVVEEEEE!!!!!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Fate Testarossa

Really? I thought that generally people say that Last Story is better than Pandora's Tower?

Fate is made by クロス

I've only played Xenoblade and the Last Story, and they're pretty much completely different games. Xenoblade is more of a huge and epic 100+ hour game with tons of side-quests, while the Last Story is a more tactical, smaller game with greater emphasis on the characters and story. The only reason people seem to group all three of these games together is because of Operation Rainfall.

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

I've only played Xenoblade, though I've heard a lot of middling to negative opinions about the Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

However, regarding Xenbolade,t here is only one thing to say: play it, seriously, it's brilliant. Gripping story, the characters are great, and the music is phenomenal. The gameplay's pretty solid too, kind of MMO-style combat, but a lot smoother and quicker, as well as having three party members at a time for supports, and combo attacks.

Seriously, the soundtrack alone is worth playing the game for (sure you can just listen to it all online or whatever, but it's even better with context.)

Oh, and it's one of the most gorgeous games on the Wii. Maybe not the sharpest, or most graphically intense, but gorgeous massive environments, skyboxes, certain areas lit up at night.

Right, I'm gonna stop gushing over this game now.

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

I've kind of been wanting to know about Nier. I want to get it because it's cheap, but I've been hearing such mixed things. Anyone played it?
ImageImage

Hylian100 wrote:
I've only played Xenoblade, though I've heard a lot of middling to negative opinions about the Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

However, regarding Xenbolade,t here is only one thing to say: play it, seriously, it's brilliant. Gripping story, the characters are great, and the music is phenomenal. The gameplay's pretty solid too, kind of MMO-style combat, but a lot smoother and quicker, as well as having three party members at a time for supports, and combo attacks.

Seriously, the soundtrack alone is worth playing the game for (sure you can just listen to it all online or whatever, but it's even better with context.)

Oh, and it's one of the most gorgeous games on the Wii. Maybe not the sharpest, or most graphically intense, but gorgeous massive environments, skyboxes, certain areas lit up at night.

Right, I'm gonna stop gushing over this game now.

I thought the Last Story was great, though I haven't finished it yet. Don't know about Pandora's Tower, but it looks pretty good.

Yeah I agree, Xenoblade is probably one of the best JRPGs of this generation. :godot:

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Rune Factory. The fourth game is coming out in August, and Nintendo's gonna give me a $30 credit on the e-shop so I'm wondering if this series is any good to warrant me getting the 4th iteration. I DO like the aspect of marrying waifus.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Layton series

i could never get into the games but i did love the new mystery room one :will:

Blak The Great wrote:
Rune Factory. The fourth game is coming out in August, and Nintendo's gonna give me a $30 credit on the e-shop so I'm wondering if this series is any good to warrant me getting the 4th iteration. I DO like the aspect of marrying waifus.

I think every Rune Factory game improved on things from the prequel.
As for Rune Factory 4, I only saw a little gameplay and screenshots of it, but it seems to be really fun. Aside from the option from the beginning to play as a boy or girl, they added in Bow & Arrow as weapons... I haven't seen much of the forging, cooking and such, though...
But the marriageable candidates are more... diverse?... in RF4. Amongst them transforming ones or princes/princesses and such... I think. I haven't seen all of them, which is sad.

Overall, Rune Factory games are good, as long as you go for some of the later installments. Rune Factory 3 really improved on things from RF2, the game barely lagged anymore with monsters on the field, the NPCs were a bit more active (they didn't have schedule-set appearances, they walked around randomly at times)

So... yeah I think RF4 is worth it, if you like fighting.
I dunno if RF4 has farming...

C-A

Is The Banner Saga any good?

In Justice We Trust

So I just learned that Rune Factory: Frontier actually isn't a remake of the original Rune Factory. That would certainly explain why there aren't any screenshots of Felicity (my preferred Rune Factory 1 love interest) in Frontier. Anyway, I think you can guess my question simply by looking at the thread's title. My primary concern is the Runey system, which I've read is unpopular. The guide I'm looking over intermittently as I type this suggests to me that it's mostly just something to manage, like crops or livestock--tedious at times, but relatively consistent and predictable once you figure out how it works. If I'm correct in thinking that, then I don't think I'll be too bothered by the Runey system.
I'll always love you, Max.

The Chocolateholic of CR

In all honesty I think Kirby is a good game series. I mean how can you not play Kirby? He sucks in enemies that has powers and copies that ability and literally beats the bosses. Including his Star Rod. Which is possibly the most OP Power of Kirby.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

Anthony wrote:
In all honesty I think Kirby is a good game series. I mean how can you not play Kirby? He sucks in enemies that has powers and copies that ability and literally beats the bosses. Including his Star Rod. Which is possibly the most OP Power of Kirby.

There's also the fact that in the 3DS Kirby he gets a special fruit which basically makes him able to inhale just about ANYTHING.

General Luigi wrote:
So I just learned that Rune Factory: Frontier actually isn't a remake of the original Rune Factory.

Nope. It counts as a sequel.
I find the game neat. The English Dub is pretty good, even if some of the voices can be grating... but overall, it's okay. My personal problems with the game was that you never get above 500 RP, so they decrease pretty fast over the course of a day's work. Also, changing screen always involves a loading screen, which can be... quite annoying.

As for the Runey system... yeah, it's... it's annoying to deal with, but it's helpful. I ignored it for a while and I ended up with dead areas. And dead areas and very little Runeys = longer time for crops to grow. Which is pretty difficult and annoying. But from tips I read, best thing to do is make Mist's Farm a Grass Runey Farm and... then you do stuff...
I read that you CAN ignore the Runeys without too many repercussions, but I don't recall it right now...

Another "problem" with the game are the memories. They're sweet, you collec them from cutscenes in the game. One for each bachelorette to marry (One of them has two versions, depending on whether you tell her to go on a diet and slim down or remain a bit chubby). The problem with this... the game has no copy function. So if you want to collect all the memories, you need to replay the game about 13/14 times to get them all.

So Runey system? Annoying, but helpful... and can be maintained at least semi-decently without too much work.

C-A

Quaggy

Walter White wrote:
Layton series

i could never get into the games but i did love the new mystery room one :will:

The Layton serie games are very good! Though they are a lot different from Layton Brothers Mystery Room. I still don't really understand why they named it Layton Brothers Mystery Room (the name Layton probably gave it a lot of publicity though...) instead of whole new characters unrelated to the main Layton series.

The main Layton series don't have dead people (well... not a lot) and don't focus around finding out who the killer was, but they're more about solving mysteries (like a golden apple mystery, a time machine, a box who kills people, a monster destroying a town at night, etc.). On the way of solving mysteries, you solve a lot of puzzles too, so if you don't like puzzles then I don't recommend them. But if you do like puzzles, then you should really try one! Curious Village is the first game.

The Layton games are one of my favourite game series, and they really have great storylines, so I really recommend them!

I'm considering whether or not I should play G-Senjou and I'm also undecided on whether or not I want to buy Shin Megami Tensei. I'm not the biggest RPG fan, with some exceptions

Depending on which Shin Megami Tensei, since not all of them are localized, not all of them are RPGs and not all of them are... something. I'll always gladly suggest people to play Devil Survivor and Devil Survivor 2 (both on the DS). If you want an enhanced version, Devil Survivor Overclocked is on the 3DS and takes over some skills from DeSu2 and adds things to the game. DeSu2 also is getting an enhanced port called Devil Survivor 2 Break Record on the 3DS... however, it's getting released in November in Japan, so a localized version will take longer. But the DS version is just fine.
They aren't really RPGs. Both are more Visual Novel with the battle system turn-based Strategy.
The difficulty is reminiscent of the older Atlus games and unbalanced difficulty, but it can be done just fine and is quite entertaining.

C-A

Enoshima Junko-chan!

So I've got two:

Is Five Nights at Freddy's any good? It looks like just a bunch of jump scares.

And how about Ghost Trick? I believe that was written by Takumi?

Grancko wrote:
Burninator wrote:
Apollo Justice.

I hear quite mixed reviews of it.

Good, but like PW, NO REPLAY VALUE. AT ALL

There are two endings.

Ace Explorer

MBr wrote:
So I've got two:

I don't know about FNaF, but Ghost Trick is amazingly awesome. And yeah, it was Takumi's work.
Well? Are we going or what?

aka Ami <3

MBr wrote:
So I've got two:

Five Nights at Freddy's is a unique horror game that is Nintendo Hard. The game gives you the bare bones of the mechanics, and from there it's trial-and-error figuring out enemy behavior. Expect to die often, especially later in the week. Personally? I recommend it.
Page 10 of 10 [ 395 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station