Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 4[ 136 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Dragon Quest generalTopic%20Title

I'm thinking one of the rewards for winning a tier in the Arena is the ability to keep your team out longer...but I'm not positive. I just started VIII again the other day and haven't been that far in it in years...

I broke mine..
I had a few codes on, I went somewhere I couldn't have gone...and the game died. It wouldn't progress! And I was on the seventh and final fygg! Nooooooo!

Do you see the black one...or the white?

@clamerdin: Honestly, I have no clue. My golem team is able to stay around for 4 turns while my backup only stays in for 3. My guess is maybe it has something to do with monster combinations or something along those lines. I beat the Monster Arena myself, and I don't recall getting something that lets your monsters stay out longer. I do recall being allowed to keep more monsters and the ability to have two teams as you progress though.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

HOORAY I finally beat Baramos with my team of mid 60s-low70s. Now to grind for Aliahan equipment, the silver orb, and the Murdaw map by leveling him up and beating him again. :payne:
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

x
~~~Cassandra~~~ but you can call me Cassie!

Last edited by Clam on Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not that I know of. There may be a FAQ somewhere that can help. I hardly used the ability myself as I felt it made some battles too cheap personally.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Apollo72 wrote:
I broke mine..
I had a few codes on, I went somewhere I couldn't have gone...and the game died. It wouldn't progress! And I was on the seventh and final fygg! Nooooooo!

Then don't cheat. :yogi:

Coincidence, javadoz, I beat Baramos the first time today myself. I found he was pretty easy with the Armamentalist scroll and Fire Fource, cuts most of his attacks' damage in half. I'm going to farm him for mini medals for a bit before levelling him, though.

I refuse to change my avatar

Just you wait until Baramos reaches level 8! Disruptive wave!!!

Yeah, Managed to beat him 7 or so time now and have 4 of those awesome boots...

And each time gets harder! WAAAH!
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Call me Ishmael.

The mini-boss in Gortress is raping me. How am I supposed to beat it?
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Time for you to sleep.

Fuck Hootingham-Gore and the guy after him. I need to level up more to stand a chance, but the only enemies outside the fortress that are worth fighting are liquid metal slimes. But they NEVER appear and ALWAYS flee. At one point, I think I killed every single one in the dungeon. Still wasn't enough.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

Marche Tobaye wrote:
The mini-boss in Gortress is raping me. How am I supposed to beat it?

The special augmented armor? Right? He causes a lot of grief.... You are actually allowed to leave the Gortress before fighting him and go and grab some team mates and then go back and kick it's but!
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

The only thing I've disliked about DQ9 so far is really the lack of strategy in the main quest in the battles save for most of the bosses. I've really seen no huge point in using a mage as I have in some of the earlier installments as the game practically is promoting melee users. I loved the use of mages in the earlier installments as they helped with crowd control, but really, I find it easier to just hit attack for all my battles as spells are too expensive and hardly do any damage as it is.

I mean, even with DQ8, I was able to implore much more strategy in my random encounters and DQ9 doesn't really deliver much in that department with me. At least in something as late as DQ8, each member with their different class abilities felt like they had something to contribute in their unique abilities and I really don't feel that with DQ9. Pretty much, you're better off with three melee hitters and a healer and that makes me sad.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Once you get a Goddess Ring or two and master Enlightenment, MP sort of ceases to be an issue.

Mages are basically good for two things: Oomph and firing off spells quickly (their agility is one of the highest in the game). Once you get to the point I'm at, throwing a quick Kaboom at anything that gets in your way is a lot faster than killing each monster individually. If that's not enough utility, you can do like I did and train your mage in spears or axes so they can double as a metal killer.

And yeah, until you beat the main quest, hunting liquid metals in the Bowhole is pretty much your best source of experience.

Ha. I hear ya. That's pretty much what I happened to do with my mage as I progressed further through the game. I trained him up in spears and had him pretty much double as a physical attacker. To me, it was very late game before I really found moves like Kaboom really useful. I have to say though, Goddess Rings are wonderful for my healer though. Pretty much gives me unlimited healing out on the field.

I had already beaten the game about a month ago and have just been screwing around in the grottoes for the most part. One thing I have to give props to for this game though is the amount of things to do and explore post game, not even including the wi-fi downloads, which to me, is amazing as I usually want to put a game down once I beat it. The only other RPG I've seen do this somewhat is Pokemon, but even that feels a bit boring after a couple of days as all the after game stuff just feels tedious and repetitious.

Like I've said though, it's pretty much my only complaint, and minor at that. Yeah, I wish the magic and physical attacks would have been more balanced, like in say, Final Fantasy IV, but I've really only found myself using magic attacks when my now sage has nothing better to do. As far as damage goes, mages feel really outclassed by classes like the monks, paladins, and so on. Heck, even the hero's default class. Tanking with paladins, on the other hand, is quite fun however. I'm really getting a kick out of that.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Call me Ishmael.

Hm...

I'm trying to get one of the classes, the one where you have to finish two enraged enemies with a critical hit.

Any ideas on how to make them angry?

Make fun of their names, that'll do it! (Yes, that was a joke! Albeit an incredibly bad one...)
I've started DQ9 again with no codes on at all. It's so boring having to go through almost the whole story again! Daaagh!!

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Hm...

I'm trying to get one of the classes, the one where you have to finish two enraged enemies with a critical hit.

Any ideas on how to make them angry?

Whistle or Eyes on Me can enrage enemies. I'd go with Whistle since Eyes on Me is deep in the luminary-exclusive skill tree. You don't unlock a class from that quest, though; you get some warrior armour.

By the way, anyone who's having trouble beating bosses? Go train all your characters as Paladins, whether they're going to be melee fighters or not. By mastering the Virtue skill tree, you gain 100 resilience and 80 HP. There isn't a single job in the game that can't benefit from that.

Call me Ishmael.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Spoiler:
I just saved Corvus. I'm close to the end, am I not? Really wish the game could have lasted longer...

Speaking of Corvus, he appears to be an allusion to Psaro from DQIV.

Aaaand speaking of Psaro, he's one of my favorite "tragic" villains.

Spoiler:
Yeah, there's one more dungeon until the end of the main game. Corvus did remind me quite a bit of Psaro. Personally, I rather like villians I can sympathize with (if you couldn't tell).

Believe me, there's still a loooooooooooooooot to do after beating the game.

Ah, I really liked the final boss but he kicked my ass really hard thanks to him using all his strongest moves every freaking turn.....

On another tangent... I really wish I could get some tags and maps....I missed all the events in southern California because of family vacation. It was a very nice vacation but I do wish I could of got some tags...

Call me Ishmael.

Urgh, the last boss is a pain. Music is kick-ass though.

Time for you to sleep.

Goringham-Purrviss is still relatively impossible. Also, I ditched my Martial Artist and got a warrior instead (Sylvia is her name, if you were wondering.) Of course, levelling her is impossible. All forms of Metal Slimes have just stopped appearing completely. I'm up the paddle without a creek, as they say.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

Call me Ishmael.

I just finished DQIX.

Spoiler: My thoughts about it
- As a game, DQ9 is superb. It manages to expand the basic gameplay while staying true to the series' roots. I hope some elements, like character customization and quests, reappear in future installments. It truly is what modern JRPGs should be.
- I think it'd be better if it was for the Wii though, but that's just me being a perfectionist when it comes to structure (DQ9 is the first game in the main series to be handheld-exclusive).
- Story is very good and surprisingly unpredictable for a DQ game, I also liked how the in-universe religion worked.
- I'm assuming this is Dragon Quest's equivalent of FF9 - as in, a "best of Dragon Quest". There are way too many references to past games to count them all.
- Music is excellent. My favorite themes are Time of Decisive Battle and Angelic Land.

I'm liking this week's sale. All the dangerous bustiers I'll ever need.

Now we just need a metal slime armour sale.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I'm liking this week's sale. All the dangerous bustiers I'll ever need.

Now we just need a metal slime armour sale.

I got KH and KHII before Dragon Quest IX.
I hope to get DQ soon. Do the sales and Missions disappear once you miss them?

Sales do, missions do not. If you go and download the missions, you'll get all the ones you missed beforehand as well as the new ones. I'm not sure if they do repeat sales or not. The sales typically last for one week. But you're not missing out on the guests and the missions though.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

The master of Judging 64

They repeat. You just have to wait next year.

Judgemaster64 wrote:
They repeat. You just have to wait next year.

:bellboy: Really! Great!! I was worried I would miss out on sales.

Speaking of downloadable quests...

Spoiler:
Yore was a joke. I could attribute that to my high character and equipment levels, but you need to do the platinum pick quest to even fight Yore, and that quest requires fighting darkonium slimes, which you need to be at a pretty high level to find anyway.

Spoiler:
Agreed. Going from grotto to grotto, Yore was completely way too easy compared with what I'm used to. Top it off with the fact that he doesn't even use the Wave of Disruption ability either. I got more freaked out today when I got ambushed by 3 darkonium slimes and they all decide to use their most powerful attacks on me than when I had to fight Yore personally. Brutal. =/ Story was still interesting enough though.

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Is anyone else having trouble accepting Quest 141? Game keeps telling me I can't accept it yet but I'm pretty sure I've finished all the storyline quests up until now...

I was able to accept it fine. I was looking at GAMEFAQS though and one pre-req is that you have to have completed quest 46 first before you can accept this one. There's a woman in the western house in Coffinwell who wants all Platinum equip (sword, headgear, shield, and armor). First two can be found in Gleeba stores, the second can be found in Bloomingdale's store, and the last must be alchemized (1 Gold Mail, 1 Hephastus's Flame, and 1 Platinum Ore). If you haven't done this quest yet, then I have no idea.

Hope this helps.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

That must be it then, I started that quest but didn't get around to finishing it yet. Thanks~

-edit- pff reward for quest 141 is the best yet, not even joking

Okay, screw getting Alchemiracles the 'right' way, I'm breaking out the Hoimi Table. Grinding grotto bosses for their rare drops is sort of annoying, but agates of evolution are way too damn hard to make to be wasting them on failed Alchemiracles.

Ha. I've been playing my game slowly myself after I beat the main quest. I just met Greygnarl for my first time in a grotto after going through close to 100 of them. I had him for a while until he stunned my whole party and spammed his strongest attack the next turn. =/ Jerk using 3 moves back to back. Gave me my first game over too... price I pay for not wanting to grind multiple classes on slime hill for hours on end. MKS are just too rare on grotto floors to be reliable.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

The Twisted Samurai

Can someone help me please?
I am stuck at the Dragon Quest for PS2 (sorry don't know which number it is)
Anyway, I have no idea where to go after I received the map and when I can go anywhere I want. (Sorry if my explanation is not accurate enough)
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Yeah, Greygnarl is probably the toughest non-legacy grotto boss (though I haven't found T-Wrecks yet). I've had my characters at 99 and still got beat by him because I got a little careless. Armamentalists' Album-boosted Funereal Fource/Gritty Ditty helps take him down faster.

I have a couple maps with MKS and in both of them, they don't seem to be much rarer than LMS on Slime Hill. If you can cast Vanish and usually find a King before your invisibility wears off, I think that's a decent encounter rate. Obviously a floor with nothing but MKS would be ideal, but...

CP, I think it could be DQ V, VI, or VIII. Is your main character wearing a purple turban, red bandana, or something else? If it's the guy with the bandana, you should be able to talk to your party members to get a tip on where to go next.

Call me Ishmael.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CP, I think it could be DQ V, VI, or VIII. Is your main character wearing a purple turban, red bandana, or something else? If it's the guy with the bandana, you should be able to talk to your party members to get a tip on where to go next.

Was the PS2 version of DQV even released outside Japan?

I think he's referring to DQVIII: Journey of the Cursed King. The title doesn't have a roman number in the PAL version, and CP lives in Germany, so...

Anyway, I'm replaying DQV (DS version) because I love it so much. <3

Funnily enough, I have yet to meet T Wrecks as well. I think one of my problems with fighting him as well though was I was training other classes at the time to get some stat boosts and didn't even think about switching back to some stronger classes that I had already maxed out. I'll give your thought about using Vanish for the MKS though. It's just for some reason they won't spawn for me as much as LMS do on Slime Hill for some reason. Could be just my luck.

As of right now, I've been trying to train some other classes like with the Monk and Paladin to gain some decent speed and resilience before going on to using a team of 3 Gladiators myself as I have been wanting to get those good speed and defense boosts to help keep up with the bosses and though I don't care for warriors myself, I'm probably considering raising them up as well to get those stat boosts as well. Please tell me I am not the only one who is in love with using claws as weapons. I love them on my Gladiator.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Was the PS2 version of DQV even released outside Japan?

I think he's referring to DQVIII: Journey of the Cursed King. The title doesn't have a roman number in the PAL version, and CP lives in Germany, so...

Anyway, I'm replaying DQV (DS version) because I love it so much. <3

Iiiiiiiiii dunno, I can think of a couple games Europe got from Japan that America didn't so I didn't want to assume, even though my first inclination was VIII too.

Ironically enough, I loaded my DQV file today too. Debora is amazing for MKS hunting~

dulla, you don't need to level in the same class you want your skill boosts in, you know. Switch your characters to whatever jobs are the lowest level (so long as they can still kill metals, of course), save the skill points when you jump a few levels, then switch to whatever class has the skill tree you want and allocate the points you saved.

Honestly, I haven't used claws at all since about midway through the main game. Once you get your strength up to a decent amount, there really isn't anything that even comes close to outdamaging Falcon Slash with Uber Falcon Blades.

I do admit using Multithrust with Demon Spears can be fun, though. Three or four hits with a possible instant death effect on each? Cool.
Page 3 of 4 [ 136 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station