Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 4 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

Blah!

Spoiler:
IIRC, Ace convinced the 9th man that the game wasn't real and told him that he could cheat the system, especially with his "9" watch. In reality, Ace wanted to test to see if the game was real or not and, if it was real, eliminate a man he knew would likely reveal who Ace really was. It was a win-win situation for Ace.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

But wasn't it implied that Seven and/or Snake may have been involved in the plot?

Also, it could be that the REDs were never installed in the first place.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

My name is Judge.

I've picked up the game this afternoon and have been playing non-stop. I just got to the point where Junpei goes down the elevator to Level E. I'll admit, the intro was a little sluggish and unbelievable, pretty much everything up to,

Spoiler: 999
Where 9 explodes
draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags, especially when they pick their code-names it just seemed so convoluted and unweildy, but from that point so far the story has been smooth, tense, action packed, and addicting.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Switching Snake then....
Santa/June must have known the coffin's password beforehand.
Funny enough, in the true ending, I didnt see it as Young Akane passing info to Junpei at first - I saw it as myself, the player, doing that. After all I had gained knowledge with subsequent playthroughs!
But then maybe thats one and the same since the action switches to Akane's POV and says "I".....

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Founder of Ichimonai

Just came in here to say that this is one of the better games you can get for your nintendo DS library. It's an exciting and fast paced visual novel, something of a rarity. The puzzles were funny too and made an excellent addition.

OBJECTION!

If/when theres a sequel, I'd like to see Snake return, and possibly Lotus and Clover.
Spoiler:
I wish Junpei had a happier end.

I just finished getting all the endings a few days ago, and I can't stop talking about this game with anyone who would listen. XD It's got such a good story, I couldn't stop until I got all the pieces in each telling. It also makes me want to look into Ever17, if the story is promised to be just as good.

Also, for the people who were asking who killed Cap during the Safe Ending:
Spoiler:
I THINK I recall in one story path Clover tells Lotus and Seven that she would take care of the room where Cap was in and she was quite adamant about them not following her into the room. With that in mind, I suppose it would be safe to say that she got the information she needed out of him, and then killed him. And with this explanation, that would be the reason why Lotus and Seven were none the wiser.

And grim_tales, I agree.
Spoiler:
It makes sense, but I wish the ending was a bit more conclusive about the whole thing. I didn't want to hear about Junpei chasing after Akane and never finding her again in an interview with the writer. I would've been more ok with it if they told us in the game. >.<

OBJECTION!

Definitely like to see Snake again because he's a nice, intelligent guy. And he looks like an older Edgeworth. Who could not love him? Also Seven, as he was a true hero :D Clover had more depth as the game went on I thought.
I liked Junpei but is his story done with now?
Spoiler:
Maybe the sequel could be a new group (mostly) in the bigger "plan" with returning characters like Snake, Clover and maybe Junpei as they have played the Nonary Game.
Did Ace ever confess to his crimes in the true ending?

I'd love to try Ever 17 too but cant find it on Ebay right now and its way too expensive (Amazon.com won't ship internationally anyway and the cheapest copy is $125!)

...Hopefully someday... xD

grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Kinda. He basically accepted his lost and told pretty much everything to Junpei and others.
But in other manners than that; no.

ImageImageImageImage

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

Zinle wrote:
grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Kinda. He basically accepted his lost and told pretty much everything to Junpei and others.
But in other manners than that; no.

Spoiler:
I believe he couldn't because of the way he was trussed up in the true ending. Maybe at some point after that he did, but yeah. But according to the QA on the site, June was going to make him pay for what he did 9 years ago, so yeah.

[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

OBJECTION!

I agree with Aevitas, I love talking about this game too :D
I hope if that if more VN's are localised (maybe for 3DS too?) they will come to Europe too, otherwise its a reason to import a US model. Bummer about the hardware being region locked :(

...Hopefully someday... xD

grim_tales wrote:
I hope if that if more VN's are localised (maybe for 3DS too?) they will come to Europe too, otherwise its a reason to import a US model. Bummer about the hardware being region locked :(

I don't know what the VN's mean but...If you'r sad that this game never got localized on EU;
thank god that DS, and 3DS probably too, is region free :D
ImageImageImageImage

Blah!

Zinle wrote:
grim_tales wrote:

I don't know what the VN's mean but...If you'r sad that this game never got localized on EU;
thank god that DS, and 3DS probably too, is region free :D

VN = visual novel. Essentially a "Choose Your Own Adventure" novel in video game form. 999 is a visual novel, and so is Ever17. Visual novels are very popular in Japan, but only a few are ever localized for North America.

Ace Attorney and Hotel Dusk are not visual novels though, since problem-solving is a gameplay element. In that way, they are closer to adventure games.

My name is Judge.

Finally beat the game, got every ending. Let me say that getting the Axe ending first I think motivated me to keep playing. I got the endings in this order, Axe, Sub, Knife, Coffin, Safe, True. I think the Safe and Sub endings were the most emotionally wrenching.

Frankly, my favorite part about this game was the story and the writing. I loved how Vonnegut-esque the story was in both tone and plot points. And I think my heart soared when in the Safe ending Zero says, "With light there is shadow. With shadow there is light. So it goes." It just really brings the game to a whole new level. I don't think any game I've ever played has such strong emotions, a theme, and likeable characters doing real things in situations that would dictate they would do those things.

All in all a wonderful game. Though it's set up for a sequel, I don't know if I'd want it just yet, (though I say that knowing that if one gets released I'd leap and play it immediately). This is a wonderful game that should be in everyone's collections.

OBJECTION!

That's the same order I got them in! :D
I loved the writing in the game as well.

OBJECTION!

Dunno if this should be in spoilers but -
Spoiler:
I'm sure one character mentions the conspiracy might be something to do with the Devil (when we still think Zero is BAD).
I just found out an interesting fact about the figure zero - of course, the Romans didnt have this and it was only discovered by Indian mathematicians in the 7th Century... but the interesting thing is that 0 (and negative numbers) were banned in Florence in the 13th century because they were thought to be the work of the devil and 0 was seen as bad/evil.
For even small details like this to match up shows true genius by the writers, IMO.

I just love how this game toyed around with me. Normally I pick up on the huge pot twists a little before they are revealed, but I just couldn't solve all the mysteries before the game gave me the answers.

Spoiler:
The first time I completed the safe ending and reached the place in the true ending where the coffing ending ends, I thought that the game would bring in some parallel dimension phenomenom, and that Junpei knew the password to the coffin because he already knew it in another universe (safe ending). This would also explain how he figured that he needed to comfort Clover, as well as which doors he would have to chose. I really thought that was it, and I saw no other explanation to the whole thing.

Did anyone else think like this? :phoenix:
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

OBJECTION!

Hmmm, maybe (something like that if we go with a multiple universe theory).

Spoiler:
I get what you mean, I kinda thought something like that too - Junpei already knew xyz because he knew it somewhere else and "we" (ie the player) are passing info to him through the field....
Also, if the game is about Junpei choosing a "correct path" think of this: what if there were other realities/paths where instead of making the 2nd Nonary Game, June just... didnt do that? Perhaps June didnt change THE FUTURE, just "a" future? In the part in the library, looking at some of the books like "Mindswap" etc, I thought for a bit June/Akane really HAD died and had been replaced with someone who had their mind swapped programmed with June's. Or something :D

Powers Fan

I've made some video tributes for the series I'd like to share:

I'm proud to be the first person to ever make a 999 video:

And here is a link to the first one("Twisted and Deranged"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSFnQibWA-I

This is the second. It's a tribute to June/Akane("Slow Me Down"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoaI5YzjUIc

Here is the third("The Riddle"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u4qBNoSTXg

The funny Ace parody("Still Alive"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLSsRa6jp28

And a June/Akane video, from Santa's perspective("Stranger"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfnJVvzYo5E

And as always, please remember to take the time to leave a nice comment on YouTube.^^
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

OBJECTION!

Hey,
I wrote a review/some thoughts on 999 here:

http://www.amazon.com/9-Hours-Persons-D ... Descending

Mine is the first at the top.
I hope Aksys decide on a sequel or more games of this type soon.

@ TheSteelSamurai

So you're the one who made that video tribute with the "Crying lightning" song :O I absolutely love that one!
I'll check the others when I find some proper internet :larry:

So, I started playing this yesterday. I played it until about 4 am when I HAD to go to sleep because I was getting up early, but I was so addicted to it that I had to spoil it for myself and had a quick read of the endings before I fell asleep! I don't really understand them too well, so I didn't spoil that much for myself.

Anyway, I really like this story, it's highly addictive. I love the music, it fits the moods perfectly. I like that I know I'm going to play it again afterwards, until I've had all endings.

However, I don't really like the escape scenes, where you have to examine things and work it out. I prefer the story scenes, so I can just sit back and watch.

Is there an option to skip text, after your first playthrough? I think it's going to be extremely tedious if I can't...

Also, I see I wasn't the only one who thought Snake was very much like Edgeworth. :edgy:

You don't like the escape scenes? So you don't like.... the gameplay element of the game? :P Nothing wrong with that, I guess. I quite like the 'randomly-examine-everything' dialogue in 999: occasionally it's absolutely hilarious, though generally not up to Kyle Hyde snarky standards. :D

Yes, there is a skip text option. There is still an awful lot of retreading, though. I've memorized the answers to most of the puzzles simply through the number of times I had to play them, heh.

Midnight Jasper wrote:
You don't like the escape scenes? So you don't like.... the gameplay element of the game? :P Nothing wrong with that, I guess. I quite like the 'randomly-examine-everything' dialogue in 999: occasionally it's absolutely hilarious, though generally not up to Kyle Hyde snarky standards. :D

Yes, there is a skip text option. There is still an awful lot of retreading, though. I've memorized the answers to most of the puzzles simply through the number of times I had to play them, heh.

I didn't realise how close I was to the end when I asked, so I started replaying and realised soon enough. Redoing the puzzles is a bit annoying, but meh doesn't matter.

Yeah I guess I don't like the gameplay element! I just like sitting back and reading what's going on. I'm the same with Layton, I skip as many puzzles as I can and just go along for the story. I'm not a puzzle person haha.

Spoiler:
I got the axe ending :yogi:

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
The axe ending was my first ending too, it was horrifying and scared the crap out of me :o
I just had a thought - I'm sure it says "This couldnt be real, it had to be a nightmare" or something, looking back now isnt that a clue that the "bad endings" aren't real? Very clever.

OBJECTION!

Something just crossed my mind:

Spoiler:
Who closed the door in the part when the gang are trapped in the freezer? (Unless it closed by itself). June and Santa were in there with Junpei and whether it was planned or not, I doubt they were fake acting their feelings to the cold.
It seems to me June/Santa may have told Lotus to act disinterested or bored most of the time, as if she doesnt care. This happens after you come out the freezer and also in the part when they're trying to find Snake - she's just standing round not doing anything). Or.. perhaps she KNOWS there is no danger from the start, and it's all fake?

Spoiler:
...wasn't Lotus one of the only ones who wasn't involved in the plans though? I don't think she's acting when she acts like she doesn't care, that's just how she is sometimes. Also, the game tries to make everyone seem suspicious at one point, and I remember finding Lotus veery suspicious... until I got my first ending which was the knife ending :phoenix: As for the door... I don't think they acted like they were freezing... remember that the game is supposed to work like the one 9 years ago, so the freezer was just another test room.

I'm loving this game the more I play it. I've got 2 endings now, I'm working my way through the third. I've learnt to enjoy the puzzles now, and I really like them :P

OBJECTION!

At first I thought that:
Spoiler:
Clover and Lotus seemed pretty suspicious (my first ending was the Axe ending), after all Clover first suggests Zero is one of the gang so maybe she had a vague idea? After all she was in the Nevada experiment 9 years ago too.
At one point I thought Junpei was Zero :D

Spoiler:
Here's who I suspected through my playthroughs:
1st playthrough (Knife ending): Main suspect was Lotus for being a Judas. She acted like she would betray us or even kill us if she needed our bracelets. Also Ace. At first because of the whole "I drugged myself and now I am a hero" thing.. I mean, no one checked to see if he really was unconcious.. like kicking him, hard. He could have lied, and then went on with his plans. So, Lotus: Murder and Ace: Zero.

2nd playthrough (Sub): Main suspects were Allice and somebody else entirely. We were all found dead at the end, so it couldn't have been one of us. I even suspected the 9nth man and Snake. Both of them "died" quite early, meaning that the game revolved more around 7 persons, than 9. Honorable mentions are: Clove, for acting strange after her brother died. Was she so upset that she would actually murder someone though? Before I saw her dead at the end, she had "disappeared" from the rest of the group... that's the sub ending, right? Also, Seven, as he had "lost his memories" but knew things from the criminal world. When it was revealed that he was a cop, I kinda stopped my suspicion though.

3rd playthrough (Axe): Ace and Clover for being murderers. Snake for being Zero. Ace, because he had acted really strange behind door 1. Same goes for Clover... that room was really uncomfortable. I don't remember why I thought Snake was Zero, but there must have been a reason.. Also, Seven and Santa could have killed Snake, but when Clover reached that same conclusion, I stopped theorizing about this as well.. If the game suddenly told us who the murderers were, it wouldn't be much fun, so I didn't think Clover was right.

4th playthrough (coffin): Murderer/Zero: Santa, Snake and Ace. Ace still seemed very suspicious after room 1, and Santa... well.. he pulled A GUN! Also, when it was revealed that Snake still was alive, it became very likely that he had something to do with faking his death.

5th playthrough (safe): Murderer: Ace - Zero: Junpei/June. Ace being a murderer was finally confirmed, but he was set up by the real Zero. Knowing that Clover and Ace already had their plans revealed, and seeing as Zero mentioned Snake in that letter, it removed a lot of my suspicion to a lot of people. I began to speculate if it was the player that was Zero, or if June actually had something to do with it, but nothing to back it up yet.

6th playthrough: I began to suspect everyone who wasn't Ace, Snake, Clover and Lotus for being Zero at this point.

@samboo: please post your theories and thoughts about the game while playing it :D it's so funny to read what other people think of the game, who they suspect of what, etc.

Last edited by Jack Lamber on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eh... I meant to edit my previous post and instead I quoted it.. please delete this one :payne:

Jack Lamber wrote:

@samboo: please post your theories and thoughts about the game while playing it :D it's so funny to read what other people think of the game, who they suspect of what, etc.

Spoiler:
Hmm, I do think Zero is one of the group. Ever since it got mentioned, I've agreed. I think this person threw Snake to his death. I've only just noticed this as I'm typing, but Snake got thrown into room 3, and if you think about the Digital Root, that means...Ace. That wouldn't surprise me at all. He's a little suspicious. I thought there was something weird with Clover and Snake too. Didn't he whisper something into her ear at one point? That made me curious.

Also, when I got the Sub ending, I suspected June of something, because it showed a shot of her wrist as she died, and her bracelet didn't come off. This led me to thinking she was still alive or something. But Lotus' bracelet was also gone, meaning someone else must have done it. Due to my recent idea about Ace, maybe it was him.

I'm currently playing my way through the knife ending. I've had to look on a walkthrough to make sure I make the right decisions, as I'm sure many of you did as well. I want to leave the safe and best ending until last.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I thought Snake was Zero too at first because he was the only one with clear info at the beginning. Later on I suspected Santa of being Zero too. Also I was thinking, June's feelings for Junpei may be genuine but I think she knows he gets hot under the collar at them and it makes him stressed, so in a way it could be her plan (examine the bed in room 4, the elevator scene and just randomly asking "Do you want to take a shower together?" - to which Junpei is like ":O WTF?!"

@sanboo: I was about to throw an objection at you for looking up a walkthrough, but it actually makes you pretty awesome that you are doing it to avoid the final endings :larry2: As for your theories:
Spoiler: samboo safe
just remember that you have to be 3-5 people to open a door. Not to put you off or anything :larry2:

OBJECTION!

Good points.
Spoiler:
I wonder what Snake whispered to Clover? I have a feeling now it might have been telling her not to be afraid as there was no actual danger, something like that maybe?

grim_tales wrote:
Spoiler:
I wonder what Snake whispered to Clover? I have a feeling now it might have been telling her not to be afraid as there was no actual danger, something like that maybe?

Spoiler:
Are you talking about when Snake whispered something to Clover near the beginning of the game? Well, I think Snake probably told her not to say a word to anyone about what happened to them 9 years before. I believe in the True ending, when you're in the library, Junpei tells Snake everything that Clover had said to him, and Snakes reaction was something like this:

Snake: That girl. I told her not to tell anyone.
Junpei: You did? Why?

Er, something like that...

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
Yes I meant near the beginning of the game. You're probably right, now I think of it.
Was the 9th man threatening Clover planned? I know he said he wouldnt hurt her but its still scary.

Jack Lamber wrote:
@sanboo: I was about to throw an objection at you for looking up a walkthrough, but it actually makes you pretty awesome that you are doing it to avoid the final endings :larry2: As for your theories:
Spoiler: samboo safe
just remember that you have to be 3-5 people to open a door. Not to put you off or anything :larry2:

Spoiler:
Yes...true. It confused me at first, because they knew Snake had been thrown in room 3 by someone who was trying to kill him. They could have found out who it was by doing digital roots, which is Santa and Seven, if it has to be 3 people. Yet they didn't even think about it, until I heard Clover mention it in the axe ending. So it was obviously them.

The question is why? I REALLY hope all my questions get answered, because I hate endings that still leave me puzzled. Were you happy with the ending?

You mean the real ending? If so, then let's just say that I loved the game so much up until that point and then it just went from an awesome game to a game that totally took over my thoughts for days and made me thirst for more games that was similar to it. (Unfortunatly, there aren't really any games like it out there). The real ending does answer most of the questions, but given that the game features so many theories and so much character development (you should have noticed this by now :P), there will be a few things that you will be wondering about when the game ends. Fortunatly, the creator of the game made a Q&A section that answers most of these questions.

Are you still going for the knife ending or have you moved on? :phoenix:

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a hedgehog!

999 was an amazing game! I simply can't believe someone made a game this awesome. The only regret I have is not preordering it, and therefore not being in possession of a replica watch. :larry: Apparently, the watch part is solid metal and functions as a real watch!
Avatar by Elriel, sig by Vikinator.
Page 4 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station